Lumps on scalp & chest

Hi, does anyone here have my problem too ? Dx 2006, recurrence 2010, new 2014 & March 2015 dx secondary bone. All sorts of ops & treatment, except now not on any due to intolerance to denosomab & tamoxifen (blood clots). My biggest worry now is I have 4 quite large lumps on my head(one is particularly painful & about 8 on my chest wall. I’be been told by my onc that it is Mets & he can offer radiotherapy to my head (I’be had too much radiotherapy to chest), but this would cause permanent baldness to the areas. They seem to be growing more by the day & are pretty horrible to live with…has anyone else had this experience, would be grateful for any help…it’s doing my head in, literally ? Thank you in advance all you special brave ladies xxx

Hi Lezhop

I’m sorry you’re having such a horrible time. There are a few of us on the Forum who have skin mets. We hang out on the ‘metastatic breast cancer with cutaneous mets’ thread in the treatments section. You’ll see that Marirose has just had ECT for hers and Stresshead had it a few weeks ago. It’s a new treatment so I don’t know how widely available it is yet but it’s worth looking into as an option for you instead of radio. I’m sure the other ladies will be along with advice and support. Hang in there.

XXXX(((())))XXXX

Lezhop,

Hi and welcome, although we all wish you wern’t hving to join us.

I have skin mets on chest, abdomen and back and recently bone and pleura.

Have a look on our ‘skinny’ thread as DBNO suggests and feel free to ask anything you like or even jst have a rant.

XX

Hi lezhop

Sorry I am a little late in seeing your post. I have suffered with skin mets since 2014 I could not have radiotherapy because in 1996 I had intensive radiotherapy in that area. My second dx was in Jan 2013 and it was my GP who insisted that I should have further investigation because mamograms were not showing up the cancer and MRI and bone scans showed I had a tumour on the chest wall and the sacrum in the spine. Since then my bone mets have increased quite alot. My skin mets also increased quite alot which is why my onc suggested ECT I mentioned I knew of it through my lovely friend stresshead.

You will find all about it on the Skin met thread on Treatments and medical issues board. Please come along and meet us there are some lovely ladies who have helped me through difficult times. DBNO and Mo always give lots of advice and support.

Love and (((hugs))) xxx