Lumps

Hi every one, just looking for some advise.

I recently changed from the combined pill to the mini pill. I was bleeding on and off, with cramps and so on.

I have now discovered a lump on my right breast, i went to the doctor and she seems to think it is just geralised lumpiness but has referred me to the breast clinic. Needless to I am ill with worry, this only happened yesterday but i cant concentrate on anything, I feel myself tearing uo constantly and im struggling to keep my emotions in check. I just wondered if anyone else had noticed these changed after a chnagein the pill? I have my 40th birthday party next week and I really wish I could just cancel it, i know I sound like a drame queen but I am always worring about health issues and this has sent my mind into overdrive, please help xx

Hi, I can’t advise on anything to do with the pill but wanted to reply to you and let you know that your post had been seen,it’s a horrible time waiting on tests and you will be in a state of anxiety until you know what’s happening, try not to let your mind run away with you, the likely hood is your lump will be benign and all will be well, the majority of ladies reffered to the clinic come away with the all clear, don’t let this spoil your party, you haven’t been diagnosed with anything yet so don’t let the fear of something that hasn’t happened take over your life right now, stick two fingers up to it and have a bloody good time! I can speak from experience and I did let it take over for a while and it was the worst time of my life, yes I was diagnosed but not to the extent I had been imagining and a year on I’m all clear and loving life! Xx Jo 

Hi Jo, thank you so much for the reply. I am trying very hard to keep check on my emotions, it’s not easy as I’m sure you know, I just left the dr yesterday and didn’t really ask very much as I was a bit panicked, I have a phone consult with the go later today so I can ask more questions then. I’m just feeling very frightened, I already suffer from depression and anxiety so my mind is racing with all sorts xx

Thanks Anita, I’m trying to stay positive, my mum had a similar scare when she was my age so I’m hoping it’s just that xx

Thank you Jo, it’s very reassuring to speak to people who know how I feel. I’m trying to keep my mind busy so it doesn’t wander off into fear and death and all that stuff. Xx

Thank you Jo, it’s very reassuring to speak to people who know how I feel. I’m trying to keep my mind busy so it doesn’t wander off into fear and death and all that stuff. Xx