Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumpy area in right breast

28 REPLIES 28
QI_fan

Re: Lumpy area in right breast

That's great, Val!

I was so worried when you hadn't posted before me, but so pleased now to hear that you're going to be fine.

Good luck to all other ladies still going through this awful ordeal.

Guest user
Not applicable

Great news Val. All the very best in the future.
Reeb

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Val that is great news i'm really pleased for you.
Kim xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Jaffafiesta, fantastic news for you too, I'm so pleased for you.

Take care xx

sidnib

Hi Jaffafiesta, i'm so pleased it was good news for you. I was thinking about you today as i knew how worried you were. Best wishes sidnib x

Guest user
Not applicable

Well done QI fan 🙂

I too am in the clear - no bc.
I have a largeish area of thickened tissue and some calcification deposits but no tumours. No treatment required at present - yippee!

Thanks every one for the fantastic support, and for those going on the bc journey I wish all of you the very best.

Val xx

Guest user
Not applicable

QI fan - excellent news. All the very best in the future enjoy a good drink (if that's your tipple)

Reeb

Guest user
Not applicable

Really pleased for you, bet you'll sleep tonight lol
Kim xx

sidnib

Thats fantastic ! I'm so pleased for you. Best wishes Sidnib x

Guest user
Not applicable

QI fan, I'm so thrilled for you - you must be giddy with delight right now!!

xx

QI_fan

It's a cyst!

Such a relief. Had no idea how stressed I was, I could really feel the weight lift from my shoulders. The cyst is fluid filled, completely benign. They don't want to drain it, in case it fills up again and as it isn't causing me any pain, they think I should just leave it alone, which I'm happy to do.

Thanks so much everyone for all your kind words and thoughts

Guest user
Not applicable

Good luck to you both

Reeb

Guest user
Not applicable

Good luck today ladies, I have everything crossed for you. x

Guest user
Not applicable

Good luck to both of you with your appointments today. Stay strong, I'm keeping everything crossed for good good news for you both xxxx

QI_fan

Thanks all.

Jaffafiesta, your appt in the morning means we should get your news first. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

My appt isn't until 2.30pm and they said allow a couple of hours for appt, so will post tonight with any info I get.

So nervous. Amazed I got any sleep at all. Good luck to all of us going through this nightmare. Love and best wishes to all. xx

sidnib

Just a quick line to say good luck to you both for today. Hope all goes well and is good news for you both. Love Sidnib x

Guest user
Not applicable

Good luck girls for today hope it's good news for you both.
Kim xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Well we're almost there QI fan. The waiting will soon be over and we will know, one way or the other.

My appointment is first thing in the morning, so hopefully I will know something by lunchtime. I now have both my daughters coming with me - I am so very lucky to have two such wonderful young ladies. I was soundly told off for not telling them sooner and letting them help me through the waiting period. I just didn't want to give them things to worry about when there might well be nothing to worry about, if you understand that lol!

I am feeling very nervous and keep feeling the lumpy bit, hoping that it's all been a dream and it's not there - unfortunately it still is:(

Well I guess I have to try to get some sleep as I have to be up early to be able to get to the hospital in time through the rush hour traffic. Me thinks it could be a long night.

Good luck QI fan - will look for your post tomorrow.

QI_fan

So nervous...

Appt tomorrow. Keep thinking this time tomorrow (6.30pm) I'll know one way or the other. My life could change tomorrow afternoon, though as hubby says, its more than likely just a cyst and my life won't change. We'll carry on as normal.

Can't help but think though, even if that is true (which I hope it is!) that I should still use this experience as some sort of wake-up call and do all those things you keep putting off.

What does everyone else think?

QI_fan

Good idea sidnib. Will write down a list of questions to have on me, for just in case. Won't enjoy writing them, but...my mind won't be working properly if I hear bad news on Wednesday.

Can't believe there's only two days to go now. Mum's birthday tomorrow and have promised daughter will take her to pet shop to get new goldfish tomorrow, too.

Managed to write a whole essay yesterday for my OU course, which was good. Just hope its not waffle!

Getting nervous. Good luck to all ladies.

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks ladies for all the support 🙂

I can waffle on here and no one thinks that the things I am thinking are stupid and crazy as you've all been/ are in the same place that I am now. It feels so supportive.

I wasn't going to tell anyone about the clinic visit until I had something to say, good or bad, but have finally given in and confided in my daughter. I was turning into some kind of nervous wreck, waiting by myself. It seems better now that I can share the waiting. She is also going to come with me for my appointment.

Thanks for your message sidnib and hope the waiting time passes quickly for you. Let's hope you get good results, if not there seems to be loads of very good support on here and from people who truly understand.

sidnib

Hi Jaffafiesta. I know exactly how you're feeling. I found a thickened area in my right breast about 5 weeks ago after it became red and sore. I went to my doctor on Saturday and she refered me to the breast clinic. I got a phone call from the clinic on Monday and an appointment booked within 2 weeks.
In that visit I had a mamogram an ultra sound a needle inserted to look for fluid and a core biopsy. I had to go go back 1 week later for my results, which just happened to be my 40th birthday. So all celebrations had the shine taken off them.
I was told the result were unclear and i am now 2 weeks in to a four week wait to go back for more tests.
I am really hopefull that I will be given the all clear on this visit.
But I want to resure you that the whole experience was no where near as scary as I thought it would be. All the nurses and doctors were brilliant and so kind. They made me totally at ease with the whole situation and I'm sure they will look after you just as well. My only advice is make notes of anything you would like to ask. I didn't and now wish I had.. I just went blank when I was asked if I had any questions.
Any way the best of luck to you.

QI_fan

Val (jaffafiesta)

Can't believe we've got our appointments on the same day. You forget sometimes that there are hundreds, if not thousands of other women going through this every day.

My husband is going to go with me, same tests as you. The leaflet says I should get mammo and ultrasound results on the day, but FNAs or biopsies can take 7-10 days for results.

Fingers crossed for us both. Hope it's just milk duct cysts or something benign, but you can't stop yourself from worrying about what if.

I said to my husband, that I can picture being in the waiting room, with all those other women, knowing they've all got lumps or something too, and at least one of us may get bad news. No-one wants to play that lottery, but its the reality.

Five days to go. Good luck, Val! Hope we both come out through this with positive stories to tell.

Nikki x

Guest user
Not applicable

Well I've made it to Friday night lol!

I'm sure that those of you out there already dx will think I'm a total crackpot for being so worried and stressed when the outcome may very well be positive.

It's just that I've had a really carp couple of years and things are just starting to look up and I can't bear the thought that it might all get taken away from me ....... again.

QIfan - do hope you're faring better at this waiting game than I am - sending a big cyberhug anyway 🙂

Off to work tomorrow so I won't have time to worry, worry, worry.

Hope you all have a good weekend - take care
Love Val xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks for the support ladies - feels good to be able to talk to people who understand my worries.

Well the postman did come today and my appointment is for next Wednesday, the 27th. So that's really quick as it will only be 9 days from seeing the GP. As your appointment is on the same day I guess we can be scared together, QI fan. Let's hope we both get our results on the day and don't have any more waiting to find out.

The letter says that I will see the consultant, then have mammogram, ultrasound and biopsy, on the day, if they're needed. I have to allow up to 3 hours to be at the hospital.Normally I'd take a good book but not sure I'd be able to read.

I'm still wavering between the 'why is this happening to me?' to 'I'm gonna fight this thing tooth and nail'. Laughable really when it may all turn out to be a false alarm. At least I'm going to be working all weekend so that should take my mind off things and make a few more days go past.

Thanks again for listening to my demented nonsense.
Val xx

QI_fan

Hi, Jaffafiesta,

I'm in the same boat as you. Found a lump 2 wks ago. Saw my doc last Wednesday, got phoned yesterday (19 Oct) by the breast clinic, to say I've an appt for mammogram, ultrasound, etc on 27 Oct.

The waiting IS awful. You can't help but think, what if?

Luckily, I'm doing a degree with the Open University at the moment, so am studying hard at home to keep my mind off the awful thoughts. Do you have something that could keep your mind busy?

Sending good wishes your way. Let's hope we all get the results we want to hear.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jaffafiesta

So sorry you had to join us, but this is a great place to let off steam. The waiting is awful and there's not much I can say to make it easier. However, we are all hear for you if you need to talk and the helpline is great for support. Please keep us posted.

Take care

Julia xx

June_BCC

Hello jaffafiesta

Welcome to the forums, you've come to the right place for support as the users of this site have a wealth of knowledge between them.

In the meantime you may find it useful to contact our free helpline on 0808 800 6000, lines are back open at 9.00 this morning.

Best wishes
June, moderator

Guest user
Not applicable

Lumpy area in right breast

Hello everyone

Just needed to 'talk' to some people who would understand - hope you won't mind.

I discovered a lumpy area on the outer side of my right breast at the end of last week. I didn't do anything over the weekend, just watched and waited, hoping it would disappear. Then I found that my chest wall/ ribcage at the side of that breast, below the armpit, was also feeling a bit sore in one spot.

Monday morning I braved it out and went to the GPs where I saw one our lovely practice nurses who has arranged an urgent referral to our local hospital's 'one stop breast clinic'.

And now the waiting starts. I swing from being all brave and thinking I'll deal with whatever comes to wibbling in the corner and being terrified.I know it may be nothing serious, I've had to have mammograms before when I was much younger because of lumpy breasts - diagnosed as just hormonal changes. But my maternal grandmother died from breast cancer and now I am just post-menopausal I know that the chances of me having bc do increase.

I'm just hoping that the letter comes soon and I can get this appointment over and done with and know what I am dealing with. I'm watching for the postman every day, worse than a child with a birthday.

Good luck to all those waiting for their first appointments and good luck to those who are undergoing or have had treatment.