cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lunch in Bristol with cancer.

8 REPLIES 8
LesleyLP

Re: Lunch in Bristol with cancer.

Anne, I hope the scan results are really good, keeping everything crossed for you.

Marmite, I'm sorry I didn't get to speak to you very much - likewise Lottie even though we were close on the table!! Not sure how that happened - we'll have to book a round table next time!

Lesley xx

AnneS

It's really given me a lift and so helps to be able to be honest and open without worrying and to enjoy laughter again too.
I had my PETscan on Friday in London - a few hiccups -delayed train-missed vein- but get the results on Tues so will find out what the next few months will bring treatment-wise. Hope we can set another date before too long.
Take care all
Anne

dippykate

I really enjoyed it and as Debs said our friendship is likely to last a lifetime!! I
t was great to put all these pieces of art and flowers to real people.
Sorry aroma and lottielemon didn't somehow manage to spend much time with you - so hope that we can next time.
To everyone who couldn't make it or maybe a bit shy - we're a really friendly bunch and it would be great to meet new people as well so don't be afarid of coming.
Now when is the next date?
Thanks to marmite for the lifts to and fro the station - see we even look after each other as well!
katex

debsincornwall

Jane you were missed, maybe next time?
Celeste that was my point it is always with me, does not always spoil things sometimes it behaves well other times it doesn't.
Abit like me really.

Love Debsxxx

celeste

......well hate to state the obvious, but when you are meeting up with a lot of women who all have cancer, the chances of it not being with you are quite remote arn't they?

JaneRA

So pleased you had a good time. I remember feeling elated as you all are, after the meet up in London...cancer went with me, stayed with me and lots of laughter and understanding all round. I wrote about it in my blog.

Jane

AnneS

Sorry - somehow managed to have a dizzy moment and sent the post by accident before I'd finished!! Was fighting with the caps lock!
Anyway the last sentence was meant to be sorry to the few I didn't manage to speak to properly.

When's the next one ladies?!!!

Take care all,

Anne xx

AnneS

Couldn't have put it better myself Debs! You don't half make me laugh and boy do I need to laugh again!!
It was so nice to just relax and not worry about the topic of conversation at all or worry about upsetting or offending anyone!It was a day with cancer(as I feel every day is) but somehow able to share it without feeling guilty!!

We really mustn't leave it too long before doing it again.

Really great to meet everybody and sorry to the few

debsincornwall

Lunch in Bristol with cancer.

Yesterday I had a very nice lunch with seven ladies I had never met before, but whom I knew a little bit about as we have enjoyed forum banter.
We had a good laugh and a bit of female chat and some dark humour was thrown in. Before we knew it, it was time for us all to make our way back home.

On the way home I was mulling this over....

Was it one of those days(I don't have cancer every day) or was it one of those days I do have cancer every day. Not sure. But I took my cancer in with me and it left with me. I am sure the others did too. Did it spoil anything? No not one bit we all had a good time. We also know our friendships will most likely last a lifetime!

Lovely to meet you all.

Love Debsxxx