cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lung Xray

8 REPLIES 8
Jenji

Re: Lung Xray

Thanks La-La...just saw this and it is always comforting to realise how not alone we are in having all these worries whenever it was.  I am trying to avoid watching the 'C-Word' drama tonight but I know, having recorded it, I will watch it in my own time.

Take care

Jenjixx

La-La

Just realised how old the thread is!
Sorry.. bit late.

However I hope you are all now through/almost through the worst xxxx
La-La

Hi Jenji

Bit of a while ago for you now, but I had exactly the same fears... I have had a tickly cough for weeks (before I found lumps to be honest, but put it down to my son having a cold and whilst I don't tend to catch them from him, typically my body will fight it off but I'll get a little cough that never really seems to develop and takes a while to go away (my dad thinks I always have a cough! I do suffer with bronchitis as I had tonsils out, so everything does onto my chest!!)

ANYWAY... I had chest X-Ray this morning and like a fool asked radiographer if I could have a look.. she let me and I saw some little shadows near the bronchi both sides and freaked a little at first, but on the drive home had a mounting panic attack to the point I reached for the Ventolin as soon as I got in!

I could not help myself and googled images... I was sensible and googled 'Normal X Rays' first and guess what? Mine looked pretty much exactly like all the normal images I saw.

So I stopped panicking.

I'd spoken immediately to my consultants PA after the X Ray to ask him to check films immediately and call me asap. He just did and confirmed XRay is all clear!

So ladies, my lesson to you:

1. If you can help yourself (I can't)... don't ask to see the X Rays (unless you have a medical background they will mean nothing to you... leave it to the doc!)

2. IF you, like myself, can't control yourself and your radiographer lets you have a peek (not sure they all would or should to be honest!), then do a bit of homework first and print out a pic of a normal X Ray and take it with you to the X Ray appt.If I had done that I would have saved myself a massive panic attack. (and my poor brother who called me just as I got in!!)

My advice would be take option 1 though!! Even if you have a cough!

Jenji

Thank you all for your support.  Why on earth did I call it a lung xray!? Instead of chest xray...my brain must have been addled.  Results for that were clear thank goodness but the other test I had for Vitamin D levels was very low...well, that explains alot.  All this worrying about coughs and rashes and fatigue will hopefully come to a stop slowly as I start taking prescribed supplements.  I always thought vitamin D was just to do with bones but it seems immune system and hormone etc are also reliant on it.

The thing is that unless I had mentioned it to my GP I still wouldn't know but never mind, for the moment there is something I can do about this. I will certainly go on being aware when there is something wrong with my body but not always assume it is cancer as I have in the last 5 months;  I have been in a state of permanent heightened anxiety and distress.  Phew-exhausting...

As others have said ...back to the mindfulness and CBT!

Hugs to all

Jenjix

Jenny065

Hello Jenji,   Guess you have now had your Xray,  but have to play the waiting game for the results. so sorry that you have the cough and are worried. I can understand how you feel. I just hope that you don't have to wait too long.  I have had a cough for months, and had a chest xray in Sept. guess my GP wanted to be sure as well as me, nothing showed up on it, Gp says it is due to my acid reflux, it burns the oesophogus. Not sure if that has made me happy or not. Unfortunately, after a BC dx one can't help but think the worst when something else develops.  I hope your meeting with onc pysch  goes well and helps.  it is a long and bumpy road.  will be thinking of you,  let us know your results.

meanwhile sending a bundle of Huggles.  jenny 

Ruby1

Hi Jenji
Hope all goes well and that your mind is put at rest.
Hugs
Ruby xx

Jenji

Thank you lots for the virtual hug-cheered me up!  I am just going to the hospital and hoping for the best but I do feel less distressed by it all this morning and the sun is even shining a bit here as well...I am very grateful for this forum even though it is not my usual way of communicating!

Big thanks again

Take care with all your own journey

Jenjixx

Weeannie1

Oh jenji,

You really sound as if your going through it at the mo, and I really feel for you. I don't have any advice for you but just wanted to give you a big virtual hug. I hope you feel better today after seeing you onc psych. Take care and I hope that your x-ray comes back clear. Ann x x x x
Jenji

Lung Xray

There seems to be no reason to look for comfort but I do need it. After all I think My GP is only getting this xray done to put my (and her) mind at rest but I have had a niggly cough for 8 weeks which feels like something and nothing.  Yet, however much I want to put my mind at rest I am feeling very odd about having a chest xray.  I was diagnosed July 2013  with lobular invasive stage 2 no spread and posted quite alot but when the site changed somehow I lost those bits.  Mastectomy and no other treatment.  Yes, I am worried because I have not been well with a strange rash for several months and I kind of feel there is something not quite right.

It could turn out to be just my allergies being annoying but I said that last year before I was diagnosed!  I don't seem to be able to trust anyone about my body any more including myself as on top of all that my other 'bits' have an immune disorder.  All my womany peices feel messed about with.

I am glad I am seeing my onc psych tomorrow as I feel a bit tired with all this...