1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lung mets - please join in

Steris

Re: Lung mets - please join in

Hi ladies, wondering how you all are? My scan results were a mixed bag. There us some more thickening in the pleural region and I'm getting more pain from spine mets. Oncologist has upped the morphine and has decided to keep my current treatment plan.

Keeping my fingers crossed it keeps everything stable.

Take care
Love
Chris xxx

Historygirl

Triple yay Sarah! First of all for your absolutely fantastic, inspiring news. Secondly for posting it here to give hope to us all and, thirdly, for posting your website's address. I'd lost track of it after the name change (thought you stopped posting) so am looking forward to catching up. Also you will now be spared me asking loads of questions about your regime as the answers are in your blog. Thanks again and huge, huge congratulations!

Steris

Oh what fabulous news Sarah, I'm so pleased for you and long may it continue. I'll take a peep if your blog.

Ellie it's brilliant news and it's always fantastic to hear good news. I hope you're Ned for forever. Wish I had a magic wand for all us ladies.

I'm waiting for my scan results on the 6th it seems to be my spine mets that us causing me a lots of pain. Just hoping and praying.

Take good care lovely ladies

Love
Chris xxx

Lulu34

Great news sarahlouise and to elliedog xxx
gigli

Great news Sarahlouise.  I am blowed away about your news.  I have checked out your blogg and really gained alot of information so thankyou for that.  Keep going. XX

elliedog

Just had to congratulate you Sarahlousie. I am so pleased for you. I to changed my diet and exercising and hopefully still NED in the liver. Fab news.xxx
sarahlousie

I dont come on here very often anymore but wanted to share my fabulous news with you all and pass on a much needed boost to anyone whose affected by lung mets. Saw my onc today he told me that " the lung mets have disappeared" and after 3 years of living with this knowledge that my lungs are now clear. I sat there in total shock and can't believe how lucky I am, it appears that something is working at getting rid of the bad cells. All the drugs ie: hereceptin/tamoxifen, jucing, hemp oil (early days), the supplements and the weekly spiritual healing are all worth while, obviously we can't say exactly what it was that obliterated them but the important thing to remember is that something did work. If you want to know what supplements I take or what diet changes I've made I've listed it all on my blog http://livingwithsbc.blogspot.co.uk/

There was only one grey area and thats on my liver there is a mass there but they still cannot define exactly what it is it could be cancer that is stable or it could be fatty tissue, my onc is writing to the radiologist to ascertain what tests we can do to find out exactly what it is that shows up on the scans whatever it is has been static and non moving now for quite a long time and he wasn't overly worried about it although he did say we are going to keep an eye on it with 3 monthly scans.

I hope this has inspired you all that there is hope, we can beat this thing. I sincerely hope and pray you all have an outcome like mine.

Sending you lots of love and light xxx

Steris

Hi Triona,

Sorry to hear about your mum. I had a lot of fluid with my lung mets as u had a pleural effusion. I've had two lots of chemo which has helped the breathing which is unbelievable but marvellous too.
I'm on an inhibitor at the moment which has stopped the progression of cancer. I hope your mum get her treatment plan put in place and she starts feeling a lot better.
Take care hunny

Hi Sarah, his you doing hunny? I can relate to the weigh gain I went from a 10 to a 16 which is hard to deal with and no matter what I do I can't get rid of it. I asked my oncologist about exercise and she said I needed to be careful as it could more harm than good. So I keep to walking went every I can. It really tough.
Love
Chris xx

Triona

Hello,

My Mum was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer and had a mastectomy/chemo/radiotherapy 4 years ago. She has just been diagnosed with lung mets and is very breathless - even putting on clothes is a challenge. What I wanted to ask is whether there is a possibility that chemotherapy will help reduce the breathlessness. 

sarahlousie

Hi ladies, haven't been on here for ages as I now use the secondaries for younger women page on facebook. Thought I'd check in with you all have been living with lung mets for nearly 3 years! can't believe it's been that long since dx! I'm being kept stable on herceptin and tamoxifen, today I should be receiving the subcut herceptin which is fantastic as my hand wont be able to take anymore needles and I would of had to of had a port, thankfully the subcut goes straight into fatty tissue, so far I only suffer with minimal side effects from the herceptin, not so for the Tamoxifen I struggle with severe side effects but have continued to take it, although I am considering taking a short tamoxifen holiday. I've started to get out of breath quite a bit but I don't believe its the mets I think its got more to do with the 5 stone I've put on taking tamxoifen I've gone from a size 8 to 18 in the 2 years since starting the tamoxifen I'm not used to this weight and struggle a great deal. I exercise daily and eat sensibly its definately the tamoxifen that has caused this in me and I can't wait to stop taking it. I get slight lymphodema on my affected side and also some pain in the shoulders and back I tend to take co codamol if it gets out of hand and so far that is working for me. Hope you are all doing ok and wishing you all a Happy New Year love and light to you xxx

Steris

Hi Jackqi,

I was in cap for 15 months for lung mets so u hope it works for a long time for you!

I use to get horrendous pain in my shoulders and back especially when the fluid from the effusion was returning. I've been on pregamblin for 4 years for nerve pain and was in co codamol for about 2.5 years but now in slow releasing OxyContin and oxynorm for te breakthrough pain. I also take regulars paracetamol which us good for the bone mets. I really hope you get some pain relief as it's pretty miserable being in pain. You could always ask to be referred to a pain clinic. I go to my local hospice who are brilliant.

Take care
Love
Chris xxx

swanie

Hi there i am new to this thread.  

Diagnosed with lung and bone mets about 18months ago.  Bone mets stable on denosumab and tamoxifen but lung mets progressed to point of making breathing very tricky so now on Capecitabine - this seems to be working as I can now hold a conversation with out huffing and coughing.  The great thing is being able to sleep with 2 pillows rather sitting up right, it is so nice being able to snuggle under the duvet again.

Chris - interested to hear that you have pain.  I have had a lot in my left shoulder an upper back.  It is hard to get anyone to take it seriously.  what painkillers do you use?  I feel I am taking such a mix that they are making me sick and dosy especially onto of the Cap.  Wondering about asking to try transdermal patches.  I have lost 7lbs over Christmas despite my best efforts to do otherwise..

Sorry to hear that things are so rough for you HITS  hope things are looking up for the New Year.

Cheers - Jacqui.

roxy12

Hi Chris. Just replied to your message but it didn't go for some reason. Here goes again. I'm glad you had a good Christmas. I did too. Since coming off the e/e combo my appetite has increased so have been at the mince pies etc. This will probably change soon as am starting chemo on 8th of Jan. Will make the most of it though until then. Hope your lungs remain stable and your pain is resolved and wishing you all the very best for 2014.  Sheila. Xx

Steris

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering how everyone is doing?  I had radiotherapy and it was amazing for two weeks but I've had quite a lot of pain and upped my pain meds which is helping so fingers crossed for that.  Lungs mets seem to be OK at the moment.

I hope you all have a lovely Christmas with great memories.  I have a hard Christmas as m husband is just out of plaster and lots to do.  Girls helped which was great,

It'd be lovely to hear from you all.

Love

Chris xxx

Lulu34

HITS sorry your HPT regime didnt work.... Is their any trials for TDM1 as i thinkthats meant help herceptin to work and also lapatanib? Dont know if there are still trials on for these or if you fit criteria but i know some Her2+ Mets Friends on them in the past.

The cap/car and epi combi sounds harsh hope its jot gonna be as tough as it sounds especially as you seem quite symptomatic but hopefully will get some of those symptoms under control.

My divorce has now come through ex hubby cant get my pension... What little there is likely to be but should now all go to my kids.

Not ready to give up work anywhere in the near future although off for a few weeks on new trial drug as we are all unsure of the side effects.... Ended up with a horrible rash over the weekend but now subsiding.... Hope it stays away!

Lxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for asking about me, I don't go on here much anymore use secondaries page on Facebook more but have had some interesting reads today, so will pop in more frequently again. Things not too good treatment of Herceptin/ Pertuzemab and Taxotere did not work. It has not spread but growth to tumours so stopped all that now on cap/carb and epirubicin combo. Have only had 1 so far. Despite tests saying I am her2 pos, they are now treating me as if I am TN as no response to her2 treatments. Don't know where we go from here. Symptoms get worse each day, I don't know if it's from chemo or cancer but I coughing up blood, coughing all the time, short of breath, severe headaches and chest pain. Tired beyond belief. At he moment I can only hope it's doing something. I will keep you posted and thanks again for asking. Hope your ok too x
Guest user
Not applicable

Yes you can, it's called commutation or something like that. I am in the process of getting it. I am 39 with lung mets. Have approved retirement on tier 2. I can get entire pension as lump sum enhanced by 2/3rds and opt for no monthy pension so a higher lump sum is paid. You just need to sign an extra form for this to happen. Survivor pension is still payable as is any child allowance I am not sure what happens if there is no one but you could always nominate a charity to receive it or something so it doesn't sit in NHS pension fund. Worth asking about though.
Lulu34

Huge hugs Sarah. So frustrating when you work do hard for something. I'd be gutted in your shoes so can only imagine how it feels

Hoping you get at least some good news from your ct xxx
sarah66

Hi all , I have an ill health hearing in November where my union rep feels that I will be dismissed due to ill health and then they will recommend ill health retirement! I can't believe it had come to this bloody cancer!
I have just had a certificate for over 25 years service in nhs. Tempted to attempt to go back to work but my unit closed down whilst I have been off so I would be at risk and have to start applying for other jobs, I don't feel I have the energy for this.

Also have ct scan in nov to check on lung mets so hopefully all ok there, it is a bloody roller coaster ! Feeling very fed up at the momment.

Best wishes

Sarah xx

Lulu34

Im also in the NHS and was discussing pensions.... Because me and my ex are not legally divorced only legally separated my lump sum would go to him..... Now getting divorced!

Have two kids although they are adults i presume lump sum would go to them.... Not wanting to retire just now as i love my job but interested in the discussion.

Btw i have a solitary lumg met to right upper lobe and para tracheal and hilar lymoh nodes.

Gail and i were chemo buddies in 2011 and sat next to each other in ward 1 while getting poisoned... I was so sad she has passed away... The last time i saw her was the day i had my MRI which found the lung mets 😞
Steris

Hi Sarah,

Good to hear from you! I'm really pleased for you that your operation went well and no cancer was found in your other breast. Hope you have plenty of time to recover and you certainly don't need all this worry about your ill health retirement.

I retired two years ago and had the support of my line manager. I explained that it was the fatigue and the dark cloud that hangs over our heads that we just do not know when things will start progressing. I was feeling pretty low and the pleural effusion had start so I need to have more chemo. As long as your oncologist supports you I can't see how they can give you ill health retirement unless they have a crystal ball.

I hope that you can get this sorted out as soon as possible. I waited about 3 months on all and although it wasn't a easy decision it was the best one I made.

Take care Sarah.
Love
Chris xx

sarah66

Hi all , have had my bilateral mastectomy. Feel ok but quite sore, I have not worn a bra yet as it is too sore. I have seen surgeon who states op went well all cancer out and none found in other breast. So need to monitor lung met now ct scan mid nov so fingers crossed it behaves !

Have another appoint to see occupational health consultant this month ? Why probably wants to see me after op. Worried they will not support my application for ill health retirement. Have to wait and see.

Take care all
Sarah x

pam01

Hi Jinxie.

I took ill health retirement from the NHS last year. If you have a terminal prognosis and the NHS pensions agency agree you can take all of your pension as a lump sum.  The pension you get is enhanced by 2/3rds of the amount you could expect to receive by the age 60. ie if you are 51 say you would have 9 years to your 60th birthday so pension would be enhanced by 6 years. Alternatively you can apply for tier 2 ill health retirementwhere the pension is payed partly as a lump sum and partly as a monthly amount. You cannot receive survivor benefit or "lifeinsurance" yourself. Sounds like you need to talk through options with your trusts pensions  officer!  Also may be worth consulting a financial advisor.

Best wishes. Pamx

Guest user
Not applicable

INteresting as i work in the NHS and have recently received a forecast for early retirement due to ill health for Lung mets and i was wondering if i coiuld get all the lump sum including the survivor pension as i have no one to leave it to also the life insurance.  does anyone know if i can claim all this now  ? 

Steris

Hi Sarah,

Sorry to have to tell you about Gail it was very sad to lose another young women far to soon.

I really don't know what my oncologist is going to suggest next. I'm having faslodex which is keeping the pleural effusion in check and the denosumab for the Spine mets. Until I found out the results of the bone scan I really won't know until then.

I've had fec/tax and Capectibine which failed and I had the progression while on cap. My oncologist has suggested eribulin, Gem/carb combo and vinorelbine. Radiotherapy may also be on the cards. So there are a few chemo's in the arsenal before the fear creeps in. Its just awful when a treatment fails and when you're in pain everything seems bigger and for me hard to cope with the simplest of things.

I had the most horrendous time on tamoxifen the hot flushes and night sweats were just too much. The worse part for me is it didn't work at tall and all the time the cancer was growing. Just adds insult to injury. But it does work for lots of people and as long as it keeps everything stable then its worth it!

Thinking of you and I really hope everything goes smoothly for you.

sarahlousie

Hi Chris,
I didn't know about Gail just found out, such a shock. RIP Gail xx

Glad your able to keep the pain in control, what 's the plan of attack on the progression to your spine? is it radiotherapy? or have you got some more chemo's in your arsenal?

I am currently being kept stable on a concoction of tamoxifen and herceptin thankfully this combo has been working for the past 2 years although I have to say I suffer with extreme SE from the tamoxifen and struggle with it on a daily basis.
Love and light to you all
Sarah xxxx
Steris

Hi everyone,

Just wondering how everyone is? Head in the sands I've been thinking about you and hope you're treatment plan id working wonders for you.

I still reeling and feeling the lost of our dear friend Gail, we shared a similar path and treatments. Gail I'm sure you are smiling down on us all and willing us to keep keeping on.

Sarah just wanted to wish you good luck with your mastectomies. Hope you ill health retirement is well on the way to being sorted out for you. Mine too about months in all, if I'm honest it's very hard but the best thing I could do for me under the circumstances.

Hope you ladies are all doing as well as you can, I struggling with pain from further progression to my spine. Saw pain consultant last week and have upped oxycontin but at the moment I'm coping with extra paracetomol as apparently they work really well with opiates and seem to be doing the trick. I'm seeing my oncologist who may arrange for some radiotherapy.

Love and hugs to you all
Chris xxx

scottishlass

Gail just sending you loads of love through Cyberspace and to let you know I am thinking about you. Sorry not been able to see you. Hope you are being pampered back home and that you are feeling mor4e comfortable now. Do you need to go bck to have more fluid drained off? Hugs Val

Julesie

Gail. Sorry to hear that you're having a difficult time at the moment. I hope that Megace works and that you are back at home now.

Good luck with your mastectomies Sarah.
sarah66

Hi all sorry you are not well Gail. Fingers crossed for the new treatment. I have seen the consultant today and have decided on a double mastectomy at the end of sept.,I feel ok about this decision at the moment , also ill health retirement process on going .Had the hickman line put last week , bruises now going down it was stuck in well !!
Anyone any advice on mastectomies?
Take care all
sarah x

Guest user
Not applicable

HI Louise I've been on FEC-T, Capecitabine and Vinorelbine. Yes, she doesn't think I'm well enough to join a trial.
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Gail. Sorry to hear you are having such a bad time. is the reason that your oncologist said not to do another chemo is that you aren't well Enough? Have you done any other chemo for secondaries A apart from taxol ?

Hugs Louise
Guest user
Not applicable

Onc has given me update on ct scan. Liver mets have grown so doesn't look like taxol is working. She doesn't think it's worth trying another chemo. Clinical trial would be a good option but not well enough to qualify. She has suggested another hormonal called Megace. I think this is on a nothing to lose basis. Hoping to get home from hospital tomorrow if can sort out an issue with district nurses.
Guest user
Not applicable

Sarah...within the NHs there is also the possibility of taking all your pension as a lump sum.....I did this last year......its worth about 7 years of pension when you take into account its tax free...its only available if youare are considered "terminal" but I was able to do this with bone mets only.....it doesnt affect survivor benefits/pension....worth getting financial advice and also getting this option included in the pension statement!
Guest user
Not applicable

Sarah, I think you're right.
We had meeting with onc on Wednesday which was a bit of a shock. She doesn't think chemo is working and was giving me the option of stopping treatment. She thought I wouldn't have had such a bad reaction at the weekend if the chemo was helping my respiratory system. We wanted to wait and see what the scans show first.
sarah66

Hi , Gail sorry you are having a tough time , I have started the ill health retirement process off, my choices were limited go back to work , but due to have op soon hopefully so not much point if I have to go off sick again, am coming up to 12 months off sick so could be dismissed lovely, or take retirement , forecast was ok so have decided to go for it, depending on which tier they give me can always look for part time work or agency in the future. Am seein breast surgeon on 13 th Audi to discuss plan etc hand to nag them as they gave me an appoint for end of sept told them that was too long to wait and I needed to know what was happening.
It is a do it yourself health service I think !

Best wishes to all

Sarah x

Guest user
Not applicable

Sarah I think I'd go for a double too if you get the option.
I can't answer as to early retirement. I guess you have to weigh that one up for yourself. It's worth considering if you can afford it.
Louise, hope you feel better soon.
I've had another few days in hospital. I've had another couple of litres fluid drained from the right lung. Apparently I had some sort of hallucination at the weekend. They think I had a bad reaction to my pain meds. Scan shows there may be scull mets. Have appt with onc tomorrow to discuss next step.
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Sarah , I had my lump removed and they took some skin from my back, it looks ok. I am still at work , I could of gone on ltd but it was 2/3 of my salary and didn't want too. Also I understand stage 4 is very different as some people will not get signed off as they can work. It all seems complicated. If they offered me retirement with a lump sum the same as what I would get if I got to retirement age , and a monthly income I might consider. But not sure I could cope not being at work. I work for a bank and been with then for 26 years so will have have paid my subs. I am feeling a bit chesty at the moment and keep picking up colds .
Take care Sarah xxx
sarah66

Hi all, have finally been discussed at the MDT meeting and they agree that mastectomy would be next best step as taxol has not shrunk breast lump as much as they would have liked, no shrinkage since last ct scan , lung lump still shrunk. So waiting to see breast surgeon, might ask for a double as I have 40 e chest and don,t feel I can cope witbreast large breast and nothing the other side.
Also seen manager and hr lady from work as I am coming upto 12months off sick , worried they will dismiss me, they seen keen to go down retirement on ill health, I am 47 and work for nhs as a mental health nurse, it looks attractive as I need my energy to look after myself and family, have an 11 and 17 year old. They are getting me a forecast at the moment.

I should be getting my hickman line put soon! Would love to go swimming or to a health spa for the day
best wishes
Sarah x

Guest user
Not applicable

Chris, we've moved house now but I'm back in hospital with more fluid build up on lungs. Getting ultrasound tomorrow to guide another drain of right lung.
Steris

Hi Head in the Sand,

It's very early days for you and this is one of the most darkness, when I was dx four years ago. I felt that that was the end and started facing up to the evitable. I;ve had set backs but that to be expected but there are lots of different options out there and you have to keep going. When I've been asked how I cope I answer that I don't have any choice.

Don't see claiming PIP or early retirement as being on your last legs see it as a different way life its really hard at first but with time you do get use to it. Also if you have a mortage look to see if your insurance covers terminal illness and put in for that as well, it took me two years of struggling before I applied. This takes a huge amount of pressure off you as a family and then you can concentrate on the important things. Sorry but this maybe a lot of info to take in but one thing at a time.

I kow that when a treatment plan is in place I felt better that something was there zapping these little uggers. You are not alone and we are all here to help/support in anyway we can with our shared experiences.

Gail hope you're feeling a little better and it's great news to hear that they think you have stablised. Good luck for Friday will be thinking of you.

Love
Chris xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Louise they have drained fluid from the right pleura that was stopping my lung expanding properly. I have fluid on the left lung too but as I had a pleurodesis it has collected in pockets and is now less easy to drain, also they seem to think that has stabilised..
Head in the Sand. It is not easy to take in your diagnosis but take hope that your onc is working on a new treatment plan. It can be a shock to discuss DS1500 forms etc but you may just have an onc that wants to make sure you are as well covered financially as you can be. It's a good idea to speak to a MacMillanbenefitsadviser to discusse you benefits
millykins01

Hi
firstly you are not alone I promise. This is the hardest time to deal with when you first get diagnosed as everything feels like it is up in the air. once you get a treatment plan you will feel much better. I was DX last July with lung, lymph and bone mets. I am triple negative so chemo the only option. I was put on paclitaxel and avastin (possible the drug they are considering) It cleared the lungs completely. I felt like you that I couldn't breath & had oxygen at the start. it did stop working in april as lymphs popped up again but I am now on gemcarbo & that seems to be shrinking it back again. there are lots of treatments to try.
definitely go for the DLA (PIP) as it is a good amount of money but suggest you get help with forms to make sure they are completed well & ensure you get what you are due. macmillian can help by phone or in person. also def go for the early retirement - it isn't about "accepting the enevitable" but about basically saying sod it & enjoying time with your family. I was with surrey county council & got a good payout just coming through now which takes all the financial pressure off. I have a 6 year old girl and make the most of everything. that was the hardest thing for me too - thinking of her growing up without her mum. but none of us know what is round the corner. in time you WILL stop dwelling on that & start "living" again rather than just thinking about dying
things will ease off emotionally but also good to hear you are using what you need to get respite - diazepam is fab!!!!!
I hope some of this helps you & wish you really well. HUGS XXXXXX jo XXXXXXX

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone, I was told by my oncologist on Wednesday that I have multiple secondary mets in both lungs and surrounding lymph. I only had original diagnosis in may last year, i had lumpectomy in November, and radio finished in Feb. Th CT scan i had in December to map the radio was clear, so it has come on really fast. i started coughing in May, 4 lots of antibiotics didnt shift it. so routine chest xray done, and then CT scan to confirm. She has told me it is very rare for this to happen whilst I am still receiving Herceptin. (I have had 16 out of 18 now). Has this happened to anyone else?
Apparently I was weakly HER2 positive, I did not know this at my original diagnosis, so now I am wondering if I have had all the Herceptin for nothing. I have asked my Onc the "how long have I got question" but she is unwilling to give me an answer at this stage - "just lets see what happens with treatments". She wants to give me Taxoter, (which I never felt worked as well on primary breast tumour, compared to the FEC), along with Herceptin (which might not be working as I have secondaries while on it anyway), and she want to seek approval for funding for a new drug ( I don't know what it is, but apparently they have had some success in clinical trials). But whoever makes the decision is not too generous so may not get it anyway.
Honestly I am scared to death. I have a 4 year old boy who is my world and the thought of him growing up without a mum, is worse than anything I have endured so far. It's all I can think about. My oncologist has suggested I apply for Disability Living Allowance as my sick pay through work is about to come to an end, and to consider cashing in my NHS pension by retiring on ill health (I am only 38). Do you think this means she is telling me stuff without actually telling me?
My husband refuses to discuss anything, except all his conspiracy theories about 'miracle cures' (hemp oil, vitamin B17, sour sop juice etc), which just winds me up - the wrong way!! I want to be positive, I really do, I was so good through all previous treatments but I can't stop thinking that i am going to die soon - there is no cure, so nothing they can do. I feel like i need to prepare and make arrangements that I know won't get done when I'm gone - what do people do to get through it. Am i alone in this, how long do people live with lung mets? so many questions, no one to talk to. I take diazepam to sleep, but that can't go on forever, and I feel like I have a breeze block strapped to my chest whenever I Lie down. Worried, scared and angry!!
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Gail, glad you can breath again, what do they actually drain off and how does it build up ?

Louise xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Looks like they drained over 2 litres yesterday. No wonder I've been short of breath. It was unbelievably painful when the lung was reinflated. Onc was considering pleurodesis but didn't want to delay chemo.
Guest user
Not applicable

Louise sounds like you've had a hard time lately. Think it must be a good thing to get the reocurrence removed, especially if it has different receptors. Good luck on anastrozole. I'm currently having the fluid drained so feeling much better. Hard to tell how much tiredness due to mets and how much due to taxol.
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Gail, I have had 12 weekly taxol and avastin last year. Then xeloda then from jan this year I had 18 weekly Red Devils Epirubicen. Came off treatment as the reoccurence in my chest wall got bigger and my lung situation wAsnt getting alot better. I have just had 5 hour surgery and had the tumour removed and skin taken from my back to make a reconstruction. I am taking anastrozole at the moment to see if the lung mets will reduce as my original tumour was hormone positive but reoccurence in chest wall wasnt, we don't know whether the lung mets were from first tumour or reoccurrence. some days I feel breathless , some days I cough , some days I feel fine. I work in a bank and went back to work 4 months ago, taken 2 weeks holiday for my surgery , go back next week, I find work helps me keep my mind off this thing. I am sorry to hear of you struggling to breath, I hope they get it sorted. Taxol is hard, I struggled to walk , let me know how you are xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Louise,I'm on weekly taxol. Just had 3 so far. Sorry I missed your postearlier. How are you doing and what treatment are you on?
Guest user
Not applicable

Looks more fluid on X-ray. Too late to drain tonight so will have ultrasound and drain tomorrow. Seem keen to discharge me tomorrow so not treated as inpatient for chemo on Thursday.