Lung nodule after radiotherapy

Hi I was diagnosed with triple negative inflammatory breast cancer in sept 16. I’ve had chemo, mastectomy (clear margins & no lymph node involvement) and radiotherapy and active treatment finished in May 17. I had a follow up and CT scan in September. Onc said she had no concerns with CT, and later mentioned very casually that there was an inflamed node on my right lung, in the area that radiotherapy would have caught lung as I had radiotherapy to my chest wall. Therefore she wasn’t worried about it atall, and but they would re-scan me in 6 months. My Onc has always answered my questions honestly, so I know that I have to trust her, but on a bad day I can’t help but worry that is dreaded lung secondaries. I’ve also spoken with my BCN a couple of times and she’s said the team are not atall worried about it, and she knows that I like to be told straight! So I’m really just after some reassurance from people that have also had inflamed node after treatment, and it’s turned out to be nothing as it’s not grown any further and is just damage from radiotherapy. I really don’t want any replies where people have developed secondary lung cancer, as Dr Google has panicked me enough about this. Thanks in advance!

Hello,

Thanks for your post and I hope you get a reply soon. In the meantime, do feel free to chat to our nursing team about these worries - you can reach them on 0808 800 6000.

Take care, Becca at Breast Cancer Care.