64839members
341651posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lymph node involvement following a wide local excision and auxiliary clearance.

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Lymph node involvement following a wide local excision and auxiliary clearance.

Hi Lilyput and Mrstichy, I was diagnosed 3rd September with grade 3 ductal carcinoma - 2 tumours one 8x7 cm plus 26/27 lymph nodes affected, all removed on 22 September. Ct scan clear. I'm also having FEC t chemo, three sessions three weeks apart then in the new year 12 weekly sessions followed by radiotherapy. It is scary, I think I didn't take it seriously to start with as all happened so quickly. 2 months on it's starting to sink in.
This site is great and so good to have somewhere to share experiences.
Keep in touch and let us know how you get on with your treatments.
Dawn xx

Re: Lymph node involvement following a wide local excision and auxiliary clearance.

Hi lillyput I had grade2 invasive ductal carcinoma. 13/22 lymph nodes had cancer also like you with extracapsular and I had lymphovascular invasions. 3 tumours, her2 pos. Waiting for my scan results was tough as was told high chance mine had gone beyond breast and lymph nodes. But it had not, my scan came back clear :-)
Highlighted

I'm having 3 FEC, 3 T. Just received a text to say appointment for next Tuesday,  that will be with my consultant so looking at next wednesday for first treatment.

I had wle and snb and results show extracapsular spread in the one sentinel node that was removed therefore will be having more surgery after chemo, for full clearance,  followed by 15 sessions of radiotherapy. I'm sure we can swap stories as we continue treatment, its good having people in the same situation it makes it so much more doable. 

Highlighted

Thanks Sarah for your reply I hope all goes well with your treatment.How many sessions of chemotherapy are you having?hope you don't mind me asking but how many lymph nodes were involved? I have done well following surgery but feel it is only now beginning to sink in .Take care and keep me posted hopefully we can provide support from each other .
Highlighted

Hi Lillyput, I'm new on here but in the same boat as you. Diagnosed with Grade 1 with lymph node involvement, even my surgeon seemed surprised by the result. I've had initial appointment with oncologist and will be having FEC T, due to attend group meeting on monday and start treatment within 7 days. 

Highlighted

So glad you have your results hopefully you will have a treatment plan soon.I am due to see the oncologist on Thursday so will keep you posted xxxx
Highlighted

I am still very confused by my results as told it is a grade 1 but it has spread to my lymph nodes? I thought a lower grade would be good news but not so sure now. Have my appointment on Thursday with the oncologist but like most people I am going out of my mind with worry.I would love to hear from anybody who has had Grade 1 with lymph involvement.At the moment just feel like I am in a dark tunnel with no way out .Thank you to all those kind people who have replied to my posting xx
Highlighted

Hi lillyput I hope your feeling more positive now. I got my results on Friday, stage 2 grade 3 invasive with 1 out of 9 nodes removed positive and a clear margin. So no more surgery which is good. I also tested negative for hormones. Waiting for appointment to see oncologist now within the next 2 weeks, to get my treatment plan and maybe more tests. My breast surgeon said I would need 6 sessions of chemo over 6 months and then 3 weeks radiotherapy. Let me know how your getting on, love and hugs. Mrsrichy x
Highlighted

Hello lillyput I hope you have managed to digest the information on your diagnosis, and can now get on with the next step, your treatment plan. I will let you know when I get my results on Friday, I'm trying to stay positive. It's good to read the positive stories from roadrunner and saffronseed, thank you both. It gives us hope. Anyway take care and keep us updated on your progress. Love and hugs x
Highlighted

Thank you for your positive response x
Highlighted

Thank you all for your replies I am just trying to digest all the information I have been given.Told I ahve have grade I infiltrating duct carcinoma with a good clear margin .5 out of 14 lymph nodes were positive with extracspsular spread ,oestrogen positive .Trying to make sense of it all .x
Highlighted

3/16 lymph nodes affected, diagnosed Feb 2007, fit and well 7 1/2 years on, NED

Highlighted

Hello Mrsrichy thank you for your reply.I do hope all goes well for you on the 10th please let me know.There are a lot of positive people on this site who I feel can offer a lot of support and guidance to us ,I think it is all a bit daunting at the moment.Love and hugs to you .
Highlighted

Thank you so much for replying and with a positive story.As you know it all seems so daunting I am waiting to see the oncologist to commence chemotherapy and then will have radiotherapy .I will also need hormone therapy later on.i feel it is only now just becoming a reality .
Highlighted

hi  like you I had a WLE and SNB at same time - mine came back with 7 nodes affected and no clear margins so I had to go back and have a Mastectomy and all my nodes out - I was devasted at the time so understand how you feel.   I too had a CT scan, they call it a staging scan.   They took a total of 24 nodes from me and of these 9 had cancer in them - so only two more were found.  This was over 4 years ago in 2010 and I am still here and fit and healthy - my CT scan was clear too.   Like you I was scared it had spread and was very fearful.    After my mastectomy and node clearance I had chemo and rads and and still on hormone theropy.   I have since had a reconstruction, uplift, new nipple and tattoos.  You will feel you are in a long dark tunnel but there is light at the end of it and the treatment these days is even more advanced as when I had it.  I know lots of ladies who had node involvment some significant ie 24/25 and they too are still here - You will worry and think the worst but there are lots of positive stories.  Don't google just take one day at a time, get your treatment plan sorted and you will be surprised as to where you inner strength comes from to get through all this.  good luck and hugs 

Highlighted

Hello Mrs Richy

Welcome to the forums, this must be a very difficult time for you.

As well as the support you will receive on the forums we also have a free helpline where you can talk things through with a member of staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

With best wishes

June, moderator

Highlighted

Hi lillyput I'm sorry I haven't got a positive story for you but I wanted to reply as I like you have just been diagnosed and had a wide local incision with auxiliary clearance to. I haven't got my results back yet I get them on the 10th October. I am also petrified that it has spread, I think the waiting game is a real pain! I feel helpless and vulnerable. I hope we can find some comfort and support on here and keep each other updated on our journey. Take care x
Highlighted

Dear Lillyput

Welcome to the BCC Forum.

As well as the support to be found on here you might also find it helps to give our Helpline a call to talk things over.  They'll be able to offer you information and support.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Highlighted

Lymph node involvement following a wide local excision and auxiliary clearance.

I have recently been diagnosed and had a wide excision biopsy and auxiliary clearance.Went back to clinic yesterday and 4 out of 13 nodes removed were positive .Have had a CT scan but absolutely petrified in case it has spread further . Feel like my whole world has collapsed.Are there any positive stories out there