cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lymphoedema Petition

Bahons2

Re: Lymphoedema Petition

Thanks, Helena

The support on this site is truly fantastic.

X

S

Gardenia

I have just signed it.

Helena

Bahons2

A big thank you, everyone. This thread is getting quite long now, so I am reposting the original information to save people having to search back.

'As a sufferer from from both breast cancer and lymphoedema (both arms!) I would like to draw your attention to a lymphoedema petition on the Downing St website. If you have developed this condition as a result of your cancer treatment (as I have), you may well feel disappointed that there is only very limited help available, that current treatment methods are rather primitive, that the condition remains incurable and that it can sometimes feel like the last straw after everything else that has happened. I know that many of you will still have more pressing issues on your minds (snap!), but if you do feel you would like to add your support to the petition, the link is:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/lymphoedema/

Only your name (no other details) will appear on the petition.

Only UK residents/British citizens (expat is fine - there is a drop-down box to check for this) may sign. Signing is complete when you have clicked on the link in the e-mail the Downing St site will send you (may go into your junk mail)

I don't expect miracles from this, but it is possible to add your voice to those calling for action on provision for lymphoedema in the UK (the lymphoedema charity, the Lymphoedema Support Network is one) by signing, if you'd like to'.

X

S

lmlauder

signed number 569

ang31a

signed
Angela x

Bahons2

Just wanted to say there has been a small avalanche of signatures to the peition in the last few days and the current total is now over 550.

Thanks, everyone!

X

S

Bahons2

Thanks, Jugsy - I am following you round the boards at the moment, I think.

X

S

Jugsy

I have just signed.

Jugsy

Bahons2

No, no you're not going nuts, Granny Scouse!

When a special lymphoedema category was created on this site, I repeated the post there.

Sorry, didn't mean to be confusing.

And thanks for signing, Milliemum and TORONTO

X

S

GrannyScouse

Is this another thread that was started about this petition? I thought I'd signed it awhile back but my name isn't on this thread. I thought I must be going doollally (going? gone!). Checked the petition and there I am, so perhaps I'm not quite as vague as I led myself to believe I am - or was. Ah, shurrup and get outta here ...

TORONTO

Me too!
Jan x

Milliemum

Signed.

M x.

Bahons2

Hi all

Just a brief update... the petition passed the 500 mark yesterday, so, once again, thanks to everyone on this site who has taken the trouble to add their name.

It's greatly appreciated!

X

S

Bahons2

It is, Pat - 497 at lunchtime!

X

S

hotmint

Must be nearly 500 now
Pat

Bahons2

Hi Nonny

Thank you for adding your name.

X

S

Nonny

Just signed the petition.

Nonny

Bahons2

Thanks Jojo - we are in the 490s now!

X

S

JoJo11

Thanks for reminding us about this I meant to sign last time then forgot - life is like that at the momment. Signed it now though!

Jojoxxx

Bahons2

Many thanks for your support, orangecat!

X

S

orangecat

Just signed.

OC x

Bahons2

Hi Rowena

Thanks very much for adding your name to the list, too!

X

S

rowena

Have just signed.

Thanks for organising to Sara.

Rowena

Bahons2

Thanks Lynni!

X

S

Lynni

just registered to this website today will be signing as well.

Bahons2

Thanks, Hatts

472 there this morning!

Hatts

471 now - I have signed.

Hx

lyndu

Signed and also passed it on to a community cancer centre I know of, so hopefully there may be a few more there.

Lyn

Bahons2

Thanks, BessieBoo!

Had a peek at the petition this morning and it now at 470.

X

S

BessieBoo

Up to 468 I think, just signed

Bahons2

Thanks, Janneth!

It won't be long, I think, before the petition reaches 500 signatures - an awful lot of them will be from people who use this site, which I think is fantastic, as so many of us here have a lot on our minds much of the time.

X

S

janneth

Just signed too. Great idea.
J

Bahons2

Thanks, Nanna!

X

S

Nanna

Have just signed petition
Nanna

mallysally

SIGNED IT BE4

SAL X

Bahons2

The petition has now passed the 400 mark.

Thanks again everyone.

S

Bahons2

Hi Buff40

Thanks for signing!

I do have a friend with lymphoedema who lives in Scotland who knows about these things, so I will ask her and let you know.

S

buff40

Just signed and hubby in process of dong so too....thanks.
As the PM has no influence in devolved matters such a Health and thus can only influence the NHS in England, do you know of any lobbying taking place in the Scottish Parliament?

Anthi

Just signed this.
Anthi x

Bahons2

Thanks, Marilyn!

S

Marilf

Just signed the petition.

Marilyn x

Bahons2

Lymphoedema Petition

Dear All

Just repeating my original post about the lymphoedema petition as it now has a 'home' of its own.

'As a sufferer from from both breast cancer and lymphoedema (both arms!) I would like to draw your attention to a lymphoedema petition on the Downing St website. If you have developed this condition as a result of your cancer treatment (as I have), you may well feel disappointed that there is only very limited help available, that current treatment methods are rather primitive, that the condition remains incurable and that it can sometimes feel like the last straw after everything else that has happened. I know that many of you will still have more pressing issues on your minds (snap!), but if you do feel you would like to add your support to the petition, the link is:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/lymphoedema/

Only your name (no other details) will appear on the petition.

Only UK residents/British citizens (expat is fine - there is a drop-down box to check for this) may sign.

I don't expect miracles from this, but it is possible to add your voice to those calling for action on provision for lymphoedema in the UK (the lymphoedema charity, the Lymphoedema Support Network is one) by signing, if you'd like to'.

The support and encouragement for this petition has been fantastic - thank you all verymuch.