Lymphoedema and thrombophlebitis

Hello all, I’m a new poster although I’ve been an avid reader of the discussions since my diagnosis 2 years ago, and have been really helped by the wise comments… so here goes!

I should be at work today but ended up at GP this morning: found a small, hard lump in the crook of my elbow just under the skin on Friday evening when I took my glamorous sleeve off. Needless to say have worried on and off all weekend. As you can see from the title doc thinks it is thrombophlebitis, is not overly worried and says keep an eye on it and elevate arm when I can/take ibuprofen for soreness. However am due to go in for DIEP/TRAM flap reconstruction on 14 May and just wondering if this will cause a delay. Ironically I’ve been extra vigilant with my arm and hand recently - wearing my glove most days too - because I wanted to be in the best position possible for surgery!

Obviously pleased it didn’t warrant an urgent referral but still a little unsure how much/how little to do - of course my lympho arm is my dominant arm!

Would appreciate any comments or advice - thanks for listening (reading)

pianolady

Thanks for your reply norberte… I have managed much better than I thought this week - I’ve looked after my arm as much as possible and although the hard lump (which is a blood clot) is still there, the brown bruising has disappeared and the soreness is all but gone. My GP thinks there’s no reason why surgery should be delayed, which is a relief. Still don’t know how it happened in the first place though!
Gather that you’re suffering again at the moment … really hope that antibiotics kick in soon and kick cellulitis into touch.

post deleted

post deleted