Lymphoedema in armpit??

Lymphoedema in armpit??

Lymphoedema in armpit?? Over the last couple of weeks I’ve noticed a tightness in my mastectomy scar and across my chest and into the axilla. The scar under the axilla also feels sore when I stretch. I’m 6 months post surgery. The whole area feels very puffy and my bra leaves dents on the affected side, even though it fit properly when I got it. My arm seems unaffected, luckily. I’m going to ring the bc nurse on Monday but I just wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem. I still do a few exercises everyday but it isn’t helping at the moment.

Thanks
serenity

That sounds abit like me , i had my mastectomy oct 2005.
i’ve put the puffy feeling down to me putting on weight and my scar being tender down to being on chemo.
i also do my exercises but not everyday like i should,
maybe if u do them everyday like they told me too it may help.

kim x

hello serenity
i had my mastec nov 05 and like you i am still feeling sore and my armpit is swollen when i went back 2 weeks ago to see my onc i asked her about it she had a good look and checked it all out and
said all is fine probably still a bit swollen after my rads but it should settle down ,she told me to ring my bc nurse as i have a prostheses
which she said could be to heavy , which i did and they gave me a lighter one which has helped some but i think it is just a time thing
i also do my exercises daily which does seem to help.

Thanks everyone. We all seem to be about the same time since our surgery. I had my chemo first so I know it isn’t that. My bc nurse has made me an appointment for Weds. I was wondering if it was to do with my prosthesis being too heavy, as it was ok but seem to be getting worse over time. They gave me the light boob though. Also I heard that tamoxifen can cause fluid retention so maybe its a combination of all of the above. Anyway, I suppose they’ll be able to tell me on Weds.

just want to say i am thinking of you , good luck for weds

Awwwww. Thanks for thinking of me.

Wouldn’t you know it, It seemed less swollen today cos I went to the hosp. BC Nurse and surgeon had a good look and prod and pronounced everything fine. Said everything looked very good, in fact. Surgeon admired his handiwork. lol. They just said maybe I had overdone things but I’m right-handed and it’s my right side so I’m gonna use it more! I don’t do any lifting or too much repetitive stuff like too much ironing at once etc so I’m not sure how I can do less with it?!? The BC nurse is ordering me a new lighter prosthesis too as she thinks that might help. Still, very pleased that all is ok - you get paranoid don’t you? I realised that tomorrow is one year since they found my “suspicious” lump, a week Friday is a year to my dx. Time sure flies.

typical isnt it still im glad everything ok for you , why do they always say
not to overdo things as if we could,its funny yours right side and your
righthanded mine is left side and im lefthanded lol just to let you know also that my lighter prosthesis is so much better i dont get so much pain now so hopefuly yours will be the same.
take care xxxx