69.3K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lymphoedema treatment has anyone tried an endermologie machine?

8 REPLIES 8
Kary

Re: Lymphoedema treatment has anyone tried an endermologie machine?

Oh that is auful I'm afraid I can't really comment as I had only radiotherapy ,but enough to totally knacker my skin ,burn me and leave me with breast lymphoedema.The decision has to be yours ,I hope someone else can pop up and be helpful sorry for the late reply I've been having major issues of the ovarian kind looking like a hysterectomy,good luck.

Sjan123

Sorry long post -
dilemma do I have the rest off my lymph nodes removed ??
Going through yet another operation risking getting lymphedema ...
When the lymph node was only over in size by 0.5mm,
Normal protocol was if under 2mm then they do not remove the rest off the nodes but as I have gone over by 0.5mm I am having make a choice,
Back in the days they did not ask people in the uk they just went ahead and removed and if you was found to have cancer cells then you would go on to have radiotherapy along with other treatment planed for the cancers found,
I have recently on 4.5.17 had
left breast skin sparing mastectomy and sentinel lymph node biopsy.
Pathology report said
Found Invasive ductal carcinoma grade: 3 Cancer tissue size: 18mm, whole size: 26mm
Axillary lymph nodes present: SLNB x1 containing tumour: 1 x 2.5mm macrometastasis
ER: -8/8 (on previous core biopsy BH17-2940/LH17-12084) NPI: -5.36 TNM: -G3 pT1c pN1 (s n)
Cancer is receptive to Oestrogen and Herceptin.
My cancer team have said I need 6 rounds of chemotherapy
1 tab for 12 months
1 tab for 5 years
I was also told the consultant team believe that they believe my cancer if any in the lymph nodes is present they believe the chemotherapy along with the tablets and injections should be enough to treat me and they will closely monitor my lymph nodes with future monograms and regular checkups but under the guide lines they can not help me or make the choice for me 😒
What do I do delay chemotherapy and agree to removal off lymph nodes or risk it and say NO to further treatment for lymph nodes
I now I do not want a computer making my choice
I also now but I do not want radiotherapy and I am scared off having lymphedema or more hypersensation problems
Thank you any replay in advance xx
whitelily

I hope you get access to treatment soon it is not right to have to wait so long. I know some practitioners offer private MLD but it's not fair to have to pay also there are some good YouTube videos online that might be able to help and give advice why you are waiting for your appointment. Wishing you the best please let me know if you have any success with the endermologie machine x

Kary

I have that hard fibrosis under my breast I feel like i have a brick in my bra,iv not even got an appointment for the mld yet the waiting list is enormous but i intend to try anything that could help ,thank you for the information.

whitelily

Laser treatment is usually used to treat and break down any scarring or hardening fibrosis that has developed. I have a lot of scarring under my arm from radiotherapy which they think is aggravating the lymphoedema. I have just had recent surgery and a lot of scarring removed so probably wouldn't really benefit from it now. I think it's always worth doing your own research and trying things as not everything is available on the NHS and other treatments may help. I tried kinesieo tape but didn't notice much improvement. I continue to wear compression daily and massage every evening to try and keep it under control. It is only slight swelling I have but to me it is really noticeable I hate it and it is a constant reminder and you feel like you can't move on. I try to be grateful though that I am well and still able to work despite being constantly asked what I have done to my arm. I am 5 years down the line and have had this for 4. I am possibly looking at LVA but it is very expensive privately x

Kary

Thank you whitelily, iv discussed it with my bc lymphoedema nurse and she thinks it would be more suitable for arms than breasts.I am however going to go and have a free consultation with the therapist who uses the machine but i will wait a month or two as the taping is taking the swelling down a little for now although I'm aware that will be short lived.What would the laser treatment do I'm quite new to this.

whitelily

Hi Kary I have had lymphoedema for 4 years but have never heard of this treatment. I have just looked it up and it does sound like it may be worth trying as it helps with blood flow and lymphatic drainage so in theory it sounds like it would help but I would check with the lymphoedema service that you are under just to get their view. I may try it myself but I will also check with my service. I have tried everything but am still waiting for laser treatment on NHS have been waiting for over a year all down to availability and funding X

BonitaE_BCC

Hi Kary,

I am sorry to see you haven't received a response yet and I am sure some of our users will be along to share their experiences and show their support soon. 

In the meantime you could try postin on our Ask the Nurse board or call our helpline on 0808 800 6000, who will be able to talk you through any questions you have and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below:

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday, 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Bonita 

Kary

Lymphoedema treatment has anyone tried an endermologie machine?

Hi i am currently on week four of kinesio taping for my breast lymphoedema,i am also on the enormous waiting list for the mld, i had a very interesting conversation with a lady at the weekend who has been having treatment with this machine for her arm lymphoedema,i have googled it and it does seem to be possible,views anyone?