63455members
333940posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MARCHING Together

Re: MARCHING Together

Hallo ladies, remember me?! Haven't posted for ages , been so busy trying to sell my business and keeping it going in the meantime. OH hasn't been too well also. Have just had my first mammo since treatment finished in December, rather painful I have to say. Now have to wait 3 weeks for results, nerve wracking. How are you all? Count me in for a meet up. Love Francine xx

Hi Rosemary, 

Count me in - I'm definitely up for that and happy to meet up wherever & whenever suits everybody best.  Also happy to help organising if anything needs doing 

xx

Sharon

Highlighted

*oooop North!

Right, ladies! Judi, Cheryl and I are planning a day in London late Sept and we want as many of you to join us as possible. We HAVE to do this otherwise we'll just talk about it forever and never get round to it. I would LOVE to meet up. We were all so valuable to each other through some sh***y times and it would be such a shame to let that fade away. You'll see from the capitals that I feel VERY strongly about this. Please don't make me put my bossy hat on! Judi and I can do a day trip from oooo north and aren't tied to weekends so surely you southern softies (😃) can make it too!!!
Lots of live
Rose xxx

Hi all Woman Very Happy

Hope you're all OK and busy enjoying yourselves?  

SueBee I wish you could come over and see us all, but I think we'd all enjoy it if we could come to you instead as I'm sure you've got much better weather than we're having at the moment, here it is positively gothic! Sort of constant rain/grey skies.

Started my new job three weeks ago and....left it one week ago!  It turned out to be quite different to how it had been sold to me and I'm even more resolute now about not spending time on things that make me unhappy so decided to get out quickly.  Shame really but better to move quickly than to leave it a few months I think so I've spent a happy week sorting out the garden and getting out and about.  Have some other opportunities in the pipeline so will wait and see what comes up next.

I think some of our lovely Marchers are planning to organise a get-together for us all and it would be so so great to meet you all in real life so I hope we can put something together.  

Would love to hear from you all as I'm endlessly nosy and often wonder what you're all up to Woman LOL

love to you all

xx

Sharon

Hi Everyone!
Wish I could jump the pond and visit London! But time, money and fear of flying keep me here.
Well I have postponed my reconstruction surgery to diet for 3 months but all I want is cake! I have a bad knee osteoarthritis ugh but my shoulder has improved. I love hearing everyone's updates and wish the hardships would just give us all break!
Take care,
Suebee

Hi Rosemary, lovely to hear from you.  Not the same organisation sadly, wouldn't that be great, just think of all the chatting we could have done under pretence of work emails!  Have you started your new role already? Hope it turns out to be something you enjoy, sure you'll be a star at it Woman Happy

Still up for a London meet up if and when we can find a date that suits everybody.

xx

Sharon

Sharon, that job sounds something like my new one: support worker at Mencap. I am intrigued as to whether we may be involved with the same organisation?
All well here apart from the Tam effect. However either it's eased off or I have become acclimatised. I suppose I'll only know when I stop taking the wretched stuff!!!
Would definitely be up for a meet in London. I would just come up on a day return. Trains are so cheap now I have a senior railcard.
Love to all
Rose xx

Hi all Woman Happy

Ouch Beryl, squished foob sounds painful so hope it's OK again now?  Don't know how you're standing the achy joints though, would drive me to tears I think. 

I've had a lovely few weeks off and been out and about with some friends to catch up with all the exhibitions (Underwear one at the V&A was pretty good and the Vogue Covers one at the National Portrait Gallery was fab, albeit quite expensive) but now it's time to head back to work.  Start a new job in a fortnight for a national charity who support disabled and other vulnerable people so I'm sort of looking forward to the challenge of it, but a bit daunted as it's going to be busy with a fair amount of travelling.  Ah well, just no pleasing me is there, I was moaning about the last one being a bit dull and now I'm anxious about having too much to do!

Back to the hospital on Tuesday for the oncologist check (they postponed the original appointment as they are a bit deluged with people and I'm not an urgent case, thank heavens).  Then I can forget about it for another six months, yay!

Hope you're all doing OK

xx

Sharon

Hi Folks

A meet up sounds good but I can't help b ut think that it would be too expensive for me . Last trip to london on the train was 'ouch' on the bank account.

Last week I had an accident, nothing much but the excruciating pain took me to A&E and the Breast care team. Why - I tripped on a very uneven drain cover and fell flat, full on onto my foob. Instant extreme pain and that side is still  not working properly, no driving etc.

I was in Birmingham with my daughter attempting to buy an outfit for her wedding. Did have success there but my tumble meant I couldn't get the shoes/ bag etc.

Today I have found the shoes, bag still to be found. Hooray!!

The volunteer work sounds really good, quite envious of keeping busy that way. Hope all ther problems are over.

Did I tell you all since I have been on Arimidix most of my pains and deterioration have stopped, however I think my hands are beyond improvement. Positive is that the pain has stopped

Hope you are all well and your lives are returning to the BCless normal

Beryl xx

Hi Cheryl, it's good to hear from you and the volunteer job sounds really great, so pleased something positive has come out of it for you as you've been through the mill this last few years. Love and loss is always hard to deal with never mind our own health problems on top of it all. 

I'm definitely up for a meet up in London as it's easy for me (although I'd travel to meet you all as you're all worth it!).  To me this last couple of years has been a bit surreal, almost can't believe all the bereavements/ cancer actually happened so I'm longing to talk to you all to hear your experiences.

Love to you all

x

Sharon

Morning everyone, it's been a while since i posted, life just overtaken me a little and like a number of you, significant change.  I finish work t the end of June but placed on gardening leave from mid March.  I was quite cross as I hate getting something for nothing but I didn't have the energy or the will to beg/complain. At my exit interview my boss was grumbling about the work to be done and how they would cope without me and i lost the plot.  Cut a long story short from the 12/4 I am doing 2 days a week from home which I am content about....and from the 18/4 I start a volunteer role with MacMillan helping the volunteer manager recruit volunteers for the new cancer centre in Brighton, am very excited about that and pleased to be able to repay the support given to me and my parents last year.  Feb saw the 6 month anniversary of my mums death and its 5 months this week since my dad died.  All the practicalities sorted but still can't quite believe I won't see or speak to them again.  MS wise all going ok, consultant doesn't want to see me again till November so that's okay with me.  It was good to catch up with all your goings on, it seems like life changes for everyone are the order of the day.  Sorry to hear about your cat Sharon, they do so become part of the family.

rosemary and I were wondering about whether a meet up could/would be possible?  Perhaps London for lunch and ??.  What do people think?  I am happy to coordinate dates and suggestions if you think it would work.  Anyway wishing you all a good day and a nice weekend when it arrives.  Cheryl X X X 

Hi All

Sharon, I'm on 6 month check ups, next one due in August, I did have a ate but it has been cancelled.

Ladies I must tell you about my consultant. He has raised agreat deal of money in all sorts of ways and there is now a seperate breast care unit at the hospital. The aim is that once you are referred yoyu go there in the morning and spend the day having tests. By the end of the day you know what is what and if treatment is needed

It saves the awful walking around a hospital in a state of shock trying to find places and having to wait a week before the next set of results are out.

Apparently it is the first in the country, possibly inEurope

Me I have been busy with wedding stuff, I have now trialled the 3 different cakes for the tiers. The biggest problem is what am I going to wear - everyone else is kitted out but I just can't find the right dress. Some of it i think is to do with body image!!

I am also growing the fowers and the house is full of seedlings, just hope they don't die on me when I put them in the ground

Antway gardening is a great way of getting rid of stresse.

Just an after word - Airimidex is working well, I feel much better, my brain isn't fuzzy. I think the damage has been done to my fingers but I have very little pain in joints or hands now.

Doc said it was very expensive but it is now on my notes that I cannot be taken off it unless I have a doctor consultation first. He said it's all about my quality of life - Hooray - he listened Smiley LOL

Hi lovely ladies Woman Happy

Great news SueBee, you must be so relieved! Lovely to hear from you too Pandorra and Eileen.

I was checking my diary earlier today and realised that I have another appointment soon, with the Oncologists I think.  I'm not entirely sure why I need to see them as I didn't have chemo and didn't take the anti-hormone drugs either but I'll be pleased to be checked again as my axillary lymph nodes are still swollen which is slightly worrying as they've been like that for five or six months now.  Sigh.  Anyone else having these 6 monthly check ups or do you just have annual mammograms?

Love to all

xx

Sharon

Hi all!
Good to hear the updates on everyone. As we drudge the road of happiness. Life is too short to be anything but happy!
My good news:
Good news!
PET scan came back fine - no suspicious areas to suggest cancer recurrence !!!!!
Love,
Sue

Happy Easter to all . Like Rosemaryanne said I don't post much now but I do check to see how everyone getting on through all the ups and downs of life in general and our health in particular. At least Spring is on the way now. Hope to go down to Dorset for a week of R and R. Hope everyone has a good Easter break too xxxx

Oh so good to hear from you Sharon, but so sorry about your beloved kitkat. It takes awhile to get over losing a precious part of your life, I  still talk to my Ollie who went to rainbow bridge nearly 3 years sgo. Good news on your health, aside from dodgy sinuses,  and well done on resigning.  You don't need to be in an unhappy environment with what you have been through, so if you are looking for something else wish you good luck. Hope you have a good easter,  the weather doesn't seem to be too great, but whatever the weather we can eat choccy eggs. Keep in touch. Lol xxxxxxxxxxx

Hope everyone else is ok, lol xxxxxxxxx

HI ladies,

It's so good to hear all your news.  Sorry I've been AWOL, life has been 'interesting' for a little while now and idiot that I am, I got a bit caught up in all the nonsense stuff and I'm only just coming out the other side. 

I had to have my adored kitkat put to sleep two weeks ago which just about broke my heart.  He was 16.5 years old so had a pretty good run but I do miss him.  And I've resigned as well (*high fives you Rosemary*) and finish on 1st April. The job was lovely but then one of my colleagues went nuts for a while because he didn't get a promotion he thought he deserved and made my working life miserable (along with everyone else's).  Sigh.  There are few things quite so nasty as an inadequate but ambitious male colleague so I decided to get out as the environment is toxic now.  And, truth be told, the job itself is more than a little boring, it was always the environment that was appealing.

On the positive side, I had a great time in Seville and my health seems good (I even put on my big girl pants and went to the GP to get my dodgy sinuses sorted out so will be be to-ing and fro-ing at yet another hospital soon) Woman Happy

Love to you all

xx

Sharon

Hi ladies.  Hope everyone is ok. Where's our Sharon? Great news for good mamogram results,  we certainly still go through it don't we. My hands are so painful, once I get them moving there is some improvement but lost a great deal of strength. Still massaging the scar area as get sharp pains and aches on and off, seems it takes some time on the healing process and definitely still slightly bigger than other one.  Hope you sort the business fluffs, yes you need your time now, enjoy. Anyone booked holiday yet?  Booked a boat again on the Broads as we both find it so tranquil and fun. Be good if we get some sun though.  Hope you all enjoy easter, and those lovely eggs! Thinking of you all and send xxxxxxxx and hugs xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi everyone. Haven't posted for a while, OH has been having some health problems and it's been a struggle keeping our business going. We've taken the decision to try and sell it later this year, as we want to be able to take time for ourselves and our health. It's a bit sad as we've put a lot in to it but we need to put ourselves first now. I just don't have the energy or desire post BC to keep it going? My view on life has changed completely. Physically, I feel very tired and am also battling with the SEs of the Anastrazole, like you Beryl. The onc has said that my tumour was highly ER+ so I should think about it carefully before I stop taking it. However, looking st my stats, she said given my age and that no nodes were involved, stopping it would only render me 3% more likely to die fom a recurrence in the next 5 yrs. So it's my decision. Going to carry on taking it for a while and give it some more thought. It's a dilemma. Suebee, keeping all crossed that your underarm problems are nothing to worry about and just SE from all your treatment. I still get a burning pain in my boob and sharp needle like pains. Onc says it's nerve damage from ops and rads and should stop eventually. BC is the gift that keeps on giving eh! Wonder how Sharon is? Sending big hugs to everyone. Love Francine

Hi ladies.
Rosemaryanne sounds like wonderful news. We all need to hear good news. Congratulations on the new grad baby! How wonderful to be a part giving rides and spending time.
Beryl I hope the meds get straightened out very soon. I dislike all the side effects of them.
I have a bunch of tests coming up next week. I keep feeling a burning, itching feeling under my left arm. I am hoping for the best.
Love,
Sue

Hi all! Good to see we're all marching on pretty successfully for the most part. Even those with problems are so much better than this time last year.
I resigned from work back in January. Things went from bad to worse and i'd had enough. But... I'm amazed at how positively my job applications were received. Due to start as a support worker with Mencap next Monday. Or with Leeds building society if today's interview was successful. Turned stuff down too so quite proud of my little 61 year old self!
Finally had my annual check up last week. All clear which was a massive relief. My daughter had her little boy a month ago by emergency section. Both well except her wound won't heal so she has to have it dressed every day by a nurse. So my brief period of unemployment was timed well as I have been able to provide a taxi service for her.
Love to all. I might not have been posting but I follow this thread all the time xxxx

Hi everyone

Long time no chat.

You may have seen elsewhere but I have had grave problems with Anastrozole. GP has now put me on Arimidix (the brand). Have been taking it for 10 days now and pain is definitely subsiding if not the mobility

Only on it for a months trial so hoping I can continue but do realise that it is more expensive than other generic brands.

Hope you are all gettng along Ok and the ups and downs of love life is smoothing out.

Beryl xx

Sorry another correction my mother in law has ALS.

Hi All!
So much is going on and I wish you ladies had better news! Although one clear mammography is fantastic! Francine hope your husband gets better very soon. Sharon I agree with you. He's out there! Keep looking.
My mom in law wound up with MS...hands stopped working etc. Dr's said it was unusual at her age (80) after breast cancer treatment. Sometimes these treatments seem worse than any good they might do. Hope the hands turn around.
I am struggling to get my diet under control (story of my life!). But as for acid reflux OMG I am the Queen of Prilosec but when I successfully stayed on the diet for 4-6 weeks berries yogurt oatmeal breakfast and chicken salad lots of veggies lunch and dinner I swear I stopped having heartburn and stopped the antacid meds that I took for over a decade daily!!!! We are all so quick to take pills but diet and what we eat/ swallow can be the answer/medicine. I fall and fell hard to the sugar! Ketogenic diet is looking extremely healthy too the more I read up on it. I may die trying to master what I eat! Bless you all.
So I tried my baking soda mix ...not tasty. I am trying to remain open to ideas of treatment that are less harmful and holistic. I did postpone my pet/ct scan because of three feet of snow (Sorry I didnt make that clear last time 3 crazy feet). Well overall today I'm doing good. I'm a little bit afraid really to look for more cancer pet/ct scan but I will get the test done soon.
Good news it felt like Spring today. It was absolutely gorgeous today!
I wish you all health and love,
Sue

Hi Pandora

I'm so pleased I am not alone. My fingers and hands are dreadful. The 3 fingers on each side ie middle, ring and little are agony  and swollen. I can wake up in the night with pain. They lack manoeuvrability and I cannot untwist jars,bottles (even wine ones) , carry mugs in one hand or carry a vase with one hand.

I find it very difficult.

I have been told it could be the anastrozole and if the symptons haven't eased in 6 months will be referred to the oncologist for a change in medication.

To be honest they are deteriorating weekly!

Not said this before to people

Beryl

Results back from mammogram this morning and all fine. Phew! Had to wait 13 days though and they sent it second class. Wish they realised how anxious it makes us. Your thumbs etc sounds rough Pandorra - do hope you are feeling better. My husband had cortisone injection for his frozen shoulder - didn't hurt and it seems to have done the trick. Though I'm sure you'd rather it got better by itself. Love to all xxx   

Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing ok. Good for you Eileen, do what you feel is right, let us know when you get your results.  Sending hugs Francine,  it will get better. I know it's not easy when it seems you don't get a let up.  My days are so different with this anastrozole,  just start feeling better and then it decides to remind me it's around. Thought my fingers were getting brtter, but last few days have been awful. Thumbs are evil and can't even turn taps let alone do anything else. My doctor has suggested cortisol injections if no improvement,  but I know it's not the answer.  Oh well,  there's people far worse off I know, but I still think we have some right to moan.  Also, had acid reflux,  hiatus hernia, for 30 years and last 4 weeks really playing up. Already had 7 endoscopies in the past,  so hope it settles down.  Sorry about the frog Sharon, suppose kissing won't change anything then.  Great news for Seville, hope you enjoy.

To all you special, wonderful ladies I send you lol and xxxxxx

Morning lovely ladies Smiley Happy

Cheryl I'm so pleased to hear you are moving on from your job, it didn't sound like a great place to be anymore and life is way too short to be unhappy.  Hope you've got lots of exciting plans (not least a bit of a holiday ) and I'm living proof that sometimes change, even traumatic change, can lead to better things. 

So sorry to hear some of you are having these awful anti-hormone side effects, they sound miserable.  Large doses of lemon tart/chocolate on a regular schedule plus a truckload of painkillers is my recommendation. Are any of the wonderful charities (BCC, The Haven, MacMillan) able to offer any practical advice and support?

Sadly I think my Prince is turning out to be more of a frog.  That might be a bit unkind, it's just that I think he is a fundamentally unhappy person and I find myself feeling responsible for making him happy which is never a good basis for a relationship.  This whole cancer thing has really focused my priorities and the main one is being happy myself; if I'm going to be with someone I want it to be because he makes me happy rather than being 'generous' enough to share his own unhappiness by pulling me down into it! 

Everything else is going well, job still fantastic and I'm off to Seville for a little holiday next month with a dear friend and looking forward to that.  

Love to you all, hope you're all taking very good care of yourselves

xx

Sharon

Good dayto you all

Francine - it never seems to stop for you. You must surely be due for some good news!1

Thanks about sympathies, this thing with my fingers is a known side effect of Anastrozole i'm afraid but fingers are deteriorating. Bad back is an on-going thing which I think is aggravated by the drug. Really bad today.

Washer broke down last week - opened it up and was greeted by clouds of grey smelly smoke - it has now become a saga and should eventually have a replacement on Monday. Piles of washing everywhere!!

Even resorted to buying extra knickers LOL

Also having a new mattress except back won't let me go underneath bed to sort out.

Good thing I now take life as it comes.

i agree Eileen (ex-teacher here) there is more to life than teaching and a big world outside  the classroom.

It is quite a hard adjustment though. Even now we make a point of being away when the school year begins, and of course holidays can be child free Smiley LOL

Hoope Sharon is still enjoying her new fella.

Oh yes, I am off to London next Friday (quite an adventure for us) I am meeting up with my friend from France, who I stayed with when I was recuperating last year and we are off to the Royal Academy to look at garden paintings - we are both avid gardeners

Hoope you all continue to enjoy the life we have been granted and Francine, I hope your lives turn around soon

Love Beryl xx

Hi all - sorry to hear your luck doesn't seem to have changed yet Francine. Fingers crossed all will be better soon. I have decided to stop work this year. Teaching just seems to get harder and after last year I thought life definitely too short to waste it doing something I don't enjoy anymore. There's lots I DO want to do. Happy February to all. Hope they sort your pains out Beryl. Glad your mammogram results Pandorra - mine still to come. Sharon has gone very quiet - hopefully because she is having a good time! Love to all xxx

Good evening lovely ladies. Pleased to say the Anastrazole hot flushes seem to have eased a bit and the pain in my wrists is definitely not so bad. Perhaps my body is starting to acclimatise to it a bit although I am still dried up line a prune! Ashamed to say I haven't managed to get to yoga for the last 2 weeks. OH shipped off to A & E last weekend with chest pains and I was worried it was his heart again. However, he has pleurisy apparently so had been put on strong antibiotics and painkillers. It hurts him to breathe too deeply and moving about is also difficult. I'm running our business on my own at the moment so am pooped. Still I'm grateful to be fit enough to do this after last year. Daughter is coming up this weekend to lend a hand before I strangle him! Such a bad patient. I was hoping 2016 might be a better year for us but it hasn't started too well. Love to everyone xx Francine

Hi all

I agree Pandora the hot flushes do ease off BUT my fingers are so bad. They are always swollen, lack flexibilty and quite painful.

The hospital appointment was a check up with a doctor not a BCN. He really pummelled me and under my arm was very uncomfortable for a couple of days, so was my foob.

Anyway I am to have a dexa scan - my back is bad as well -and back in 6 months. If fingers do not improve will have to see oncologist for a change from anastrozole to a different aromatase inhibitor

He was pleased with the way my foob has settled in thoughSmiley LOL

Just seems that time does help

Love to all

beryl x

Hi Chez and suehoneybee, chez it will feel strange after such a long time, but I  am sure you will fulfil your days. Enjoy. Hope you are doing ok.  Sue, I had the burning pain and was told all part of healing and sure enough it does go. I still have tingles and I  do try to massage the scar area daily. Let us know how you get on with your experiment.  I think our Sharon has found love , so pleased for her but we could do with an update couldn't we.  Wishes and love xxxxxxx

Hi francine, many thanks, think we are all on the 1 year trek and we have all done so well. We have shown strength, courage and when we have sat with our tears we have mustered through. Now, we carry on wiser because I for one have picked up mañy grateful tips, advice and I thank all you wonderful ladies for your friendship and support. Stick with the anastrozole,  I was going through a rough time , hot flushes, horrible joint pain in fingers, actually felt crap and was feeling very down, but in the last couple of weeks seems to be easing up. Fingers nowhere near as bad and not so mzny flushes. I have never been a good sleeper but I find that if I read in bed, it seems to help.  So, let's carry on and always here for one another.  Hug, wishes and xxxxxxx

Hi Everyone!
I had my check up and my white blood cells are low. Found this article: http://medicalinformatics.pw/breast-cancer-survivors-could-be-vulnerable-to-common-viral-and-bacteri...
Anyone else have a low white count? Also my port stung when I had my first flush so I might need a dye test. I requested a PET scan but don't know if I will make it because of the snow we've had feet drop on us. Check out washington dc areas. Wish I could post pictures here but I see the forum has hugs no pics yet.
I do believe that sugar is feeding bad cells so you would think I could stop eating it and Stay stopped but No. So I am testing out a home remedy of baking soda with GradeB syrup 1 to 3 parts (respectively) cooked for 5-10min. I will let you know what happens. Suppose to kill cancer cells. Sounds odd, I know. I'm afraid that what I've been feeling under my arm like a burning. Is the cancer back? Or is it sugar related? Oh well.
Wishing everyone well and much love.
Sue

Hi everyone, really pleased to hear your news.

sharon , fab news, really,pleased for you. Valentine's Day here you come.  Pandora that is great news, year one done.  Francine,  what resilience you have shown, keep,up the yoga am sure it will help and you will be crawling through the water before you know it.

i have my finish date at work, last working day 10/3 so I am about to enter a new chapter, Sad after 36 years to be leaving but excited about new opportunities....love and hugs to all X X X X x

Hi Pandorra. Great news. Glad to hear all is good with you. Monday is the anniversary of my diagnosis and it's been a hell of a ride! Thank you all for the support you gave me. Struggling a bit with the Anastrazole, hot flushes, insomnia etc but pushing on X Francine

Hi lovely ladies hope everyone feeling good. Cant believe that this time last year I  was getting ready for my op.  On Friday I received all clear results from my mammogram so feel much relief.  Sharon so pleased for you, enjoy. To all others, sending hugs and best wishes. Let's continue our special bonding and always here for one another.  Xxxxxx

What lovely news Sharon, you deserve all the good things happening, especially a nice and hopefully hunky man! Glad you're still enjoying your job and the food I bet! I wondered how you were and you too Beryl. Sending hugs to you. My boob has now healed from the rads, thanks to some really good dressings I was recommended to use. The nurse at my GP was great and ordered them in, bugger the cost she said. The hospital gave me some cheap ones and they didn't work at all well. After 25 rads which ended at the beginning of December I felt pretty tired but was intent on going down to Somerset to spend Xmas with all the family, including sister over from South Africa. It was lovely to be with everyone but I was exhausted when I got back and not very well. Probably too much for me but sod it, I wasn't going to miss it. Feeling sad as sister has gone back now and I miss her. Hoping to go out and see her in 2017, health permitting. I'm having a few problems with my stomach again so doc has put me on some meds for irritable bowel and steroids. Just another set of tablets to add to the pile! OH has got a clot in his leg and is on 6 weeks of heparin injections in the tum. I am doing them, as he has a thing about needles and I'm getting very good at it I have to say! I've told him not to have a row with me just before I do them as I might get a bit heavy handed, lol. Have started at a yoga class once a week but finding it hard, even the gentle exercises. I'm so lacking in stamina. Can't wait to start swimming again but going to wait another month or so for the skin on the boob to be a bit stronger. It's still giving out some heat but no longer painful. Love to you all xx Francine

Hi Marchers

What excellent news Sharon - I wish you happiness.- made me smile and feel happy inside

Spoiler
Woman LOL

Last week I had a letter from the hospital with an appointment for Monday 25th. I'm not sure if it is a check up or something else as I wasn't expecting anything.

Find out soon enough.

Hope Francine and others are going on OK. Often think of you all.

Berylxx

Morning ladies Woman Happy

Just checking in really to see if everyone is OK but hopefully you're all getting on with life and not on this site quite so regularly.  All is good for me, no health problems at all, job is still wonderful and I've sort of stumbled across a lovely guy who is rapidly becoming someone special.  So I'm happy and cheerful (and STILL can't quite believe I've been lucky enough to come through what I always imagined would be a trauma and be happier the other side of it!) 

Hope 2016 is being kind to you all

xx

Sharon

Hi Beryl
Happy New Year! Sorry to hear you've been poorly. My OH had the flu jab and came down with a bad cold and chest a few days later. He is convinced it was the jab. He's had them in previous years and no problems but apparently they've changed the vaccine this year. I know it's a dead virus but I'm sure this one caused some sort of problem. He's not having one again he says! This is s difficult time of the year for you I'm sure so I can only send you virtual hugs. It was 27 Jan last year when I was told I had BC and I had my first op on my birthday, 10 Feb. This day last year I was still in blissful ignorance of what was ahead of me, good job really.! Still I'm pleased to say that the boob is now healed after the rads although still quite warm. I'm not experiencing any real pain but every so often feel a pulling and some soreness at the op site. I suppose it's scar tissue and rads causing it. Not complaining as I know lots of other ladies in a lot more discomfort than me a lot further down the line. Xx Francine

Hi there

This is the first time I have looked in with my NEW YEAR greetings only I have been really sick.

I know I had the flu jab but am fairly sure that I have had flu. It started Sunday after Christmas and I still have no energy or voice and a cough. Wondering if my immune system isn't that good!!

Anyway folks 2014/2015 are well and truly behind us now and 2016 has to be a hell of a year for us all, time to kick up our legs and party in our ways across the country.

just remember though we are always here to support and boost us as i am sure we will have low times.

Next couple of weeks are tricky for me - January `17th 2014 Mum died; 25th January her birthday; 13th January 2015 had the mastectomy;,and the long slow process of healing began. So all those annivesaries are coming up again.

Then again on the 15th my baby daughter will be 30 Aaagh

We are having a family do on 24th for everything bad and good but mostly good

Wishing you all well

Lots of love and happy thoughts from Beryl xx

So agree Francine -2015 rubbish. Here's to a good 2016 for all. To health and happiness. Love to everyone and thanks for all the support in bleak times. xxx

Happy New Year everyone! Let's hope it's a good one for us all. 2015 can piss off as far as I'm concerned! I had a lovely time with all my family at Xmas but found it very tiring. Well worth it though. Spending some time with my sister now who's over from South Africa which is great. We're talking for England and driving the OH mad! Love Francine xx

Happy New Year ladies, hope you all had a good start to the year and that the rest is better still Woman Happy

love to all

xx

Sharon

Happy new year all you lovely ladies.  Thinking of you all and send hugs to Jill. 1 year on where has the time gone. Well, sorry we know where our time has gone but we just get on with it.  Lots of love and xxxxxxx

Happy New Year All!!!!! We made it to another one!!!
Francine I bet you had the best time with family!!! Sharon I am ok with waiting for surgery now. What else to do Smiley Happy
Great Christmas! Give my daughters Justin Bieber concert tickets which thrilled them! Why life is worth living! Much love Jilly. I opted for reconstruction but I know the feelings with a double mass.
Happy New Year Again! We'll be talking!
Sue

Jilly, best of luck to you, not an easy month by the sounds of it, love and hugs X X x

dear marchers, thank you so much, where would,I have been without you all....thank you love and hugs and let's see the new year in by recognising what we have achieved, acknowledging what we have dealt with .....here's to  a better year. X X X X x