330397posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MARCHING Together

485 REPLIES 485

Re: MARCHING Together

Francine so good to hear you are doing well. So good to hear from you. I think of you often. Happy NEW Year all!
Sue

Hi Beryl and Sharon

Wish I could have got to the meetup and carol concert but there’s always 2018! Hoping it will be a better year for me whatever I decide about the op. My daughter has just gone off to Brussels to spend New Year with an old uni friend. She backpacked round Japan on her own in November so is a great traveller. No sign of her settling down yet but then 35 is the new 25 apparently! Since selling the business and retiring I’ve felt very much at a loose end so have joined the local Macmillan fundraising committee. They raised nearly £40k last year which is pretty amazing for a small town. Well I wish you all a very happy New Year, with lots of good health and happiness. Love Francine xx

Hello there all

Francine I to had to make a decision aout the other side to 'even' it up even tghough I had an impant.

Because of my reactions to op and endless infections in the scar I decided no. Then again I can see your point about being very uneven. Is it possible that some of the shoulder pain is becuase the muscles are no longer supporting a 'weight'?

Great news abou the lymph nodes and, what bliss, coming off the Anastrozole.

I wish all BCC friends a Happy, Healthy and joyous New Year

Love Beryl xx

Hi Francine,

Very glad to hear from you.

I hope the shoulder/ boob pain eases soon and great news re nodes.  I can see why you'd want a MX on the other boob, and I'm pretty sure I'd feel the same as it must be so difficult to have such a difference in size but the surgery problems would make me think twice too. I guess you'll just have to see how you feel as time goes on.

Rosie, Cheryl and I met up in London for lunch a few weeks ago and then Rosie and I went on to the BCC carol concert at St Paul's.  It was just as lovely as the one we went to a couple of years ago so hopefully it'll become a regular thing and we'll all get to see you there as well.

I wish you a happy and healthy New Year too, and lots of lovely fun things in life.

xx

Sharon

Highlighted

Hello everyone, it’s Francine back in the land of the living! Hope you all had a good Xmas. Had my mx in July and recovered quite well although still having some problems with underarm tenderness and shoulder pain. Big relief that further node biopsies were clear so no further treatment and no longer on Anastrazole. However, have a decision to make sooner or later about mx on remaining boob. It is very awkward having one flat side and one J cup boob. My prosthesis is huge and weighs over 2 lbs, lol. I would rather be completely flat to be honest and am not interested in reconstruction. Trouble is I reacted very badly to the anaesthetic, problems with heart and blood pressure, so not keen on that again. Surgeon won’t entertain a local for the op and looked at me as if I’d gone completely bonkers! He and MDT are happy to support a mx on the so far healthy breast, for symmetry and risk reduction. Will be having my 6 month check up in January but won’t be rushing any decision. Anyway often think of you all, here in cold and windy Lincolnshire. Hoping we all have a healthy and happy 2018. Love Francine xx

Thank you all she says with a big smile and a painful leg/hip but still a big smile

Beryl xx

Excellent news Beryl! Merry Christmas xx

Very relieved to hear that Beryl and might just have a little gin to celebrate on your behalf xx

Same here, Beryl. GP was so funny:"i put you though one of the most expensive tests available and you are so boring. Just arthritis". Seemed crazy to be celebrating arthritis but that's where we are now!
Isn't life strange? xx

Sorry I should have posted before

I had really good news - all clear no sign of anything sordid.

The bone scan did show bad arthritis and have to get a referral for that but have put it off for now.

My consultant said not many people would celebrate being told they have arthritis 

#It was a great black cloud lifted form us all - 

still celebrating really - all mixed up with christmas

Hope you have all have a good Christmas and a healthy New year

Berylxx

@13gerbera wrote:

Hi Beryl,

I've been thinking about you, any news? Hope you're OK but still here if you want to talk

xx

Sharon

Hi Beryl,

I've been thinking about you, any news? Hope you're OK but still here if you want to talk

xx

Sharon

Thanks Sharon

!st time I have ahd these checks and ony because I mentioned my hip is painful.Only saw BCN as it was supposed to be a drug check,

Sucks really and was a shock especially when she found a lump (uneveness!)

Will take it as it comes

Will keep in touch

Beryl 

Hi Beryl,  so sorry to hear you're having to go through these checks and fingers crossed it turns out to be nothing to worry about.  If it's any consolation that's happened to me at each of my annual check ups and it's always been fine.  I think the consultants just like to be ultra cautious with those of us who've already had cancer.  By strange coincidence I had my third annual check today and for once didn't have to have a biopsy, just consultant check, mammo and ultrasound. 

Do you know when you're having the tests?  Hope they get it done quickly for you so you don't have to worry for too long.  Stay in touch won't you.

Take good care of yourself

xx

Sharon

Just a coincidence that I happened to be checking my e-mails at the same time as your message came through!  I know - it is always something that lurks in the back of our minds even when all seems to be going well so I know exactly how you must be feeling. I think we all dread tests just in case..   

I hope you can manage to have a good weekend and put it out of your mind - even though I know how hard that is.  Take care xxx

Gosh that was a quick reply - thanks

just needed well not sympathy exactly more to tell others who've been on the journey
Beryl

What a worry for you. Hang on in there Beryl. I'm sure they are just making sure and although it's obviously thrown you into a bit of a tizz - and I know it would me so I'm not surprised - lets hope it is all ok and just them being extra careful.If there is a problem best they and you know straight away so they can start dealing with it but I've got all my fingers and toes crossed that it isn't going to be.

Love Eileen xx

where else can i come to but you lot

Just had what i thought was a routine drug check up

Come home having been told I need a bone scan, a mammogram, an ultra sound and possible biopsy

upset, Don't know how to take this at present

Strange it is 3 years this week since first diagnosis

Difficult to think positive but i know I must and it is just precautionary

Beryl

Thanks Suebeehiney

All well here, thank goodness.

quite happy with my decisions lately and am feelng really good

Beryl x

Always amazed when my username and password work lol. Jus...

Always amazed when my username and password work lol.

Just wanted to check in and wish everyone well. Sending prayers.

Hi Beryl,

Just swapping text messages with Francine and she's had her mastectomy now but had some problems with the anasthetic so still recovering, poor thing.  I think everyone else is pretty much OK (Rosemary seems to be having more than her fair share of medical problems but not cancer related thank heavens) and we are all, as always, cheerful albeit mildly obsessed with cake!

Glad things are on the up and up for you 

xx

Hi there

I was thinking - this weekend- about Francine and everyone else and hoping all was well.

I am really fine and positive now - what a long journey to get to this stage thoug

lLove to all  

Beryl xxx

Francine we haven't heard from you in a while, are you OK? Anything I can do to help?

xx

Sharon

Oh dear Francine

It comes down to what I always think - we know our bodies and when they are not quite right. So pleased your new medical team from GP onwards were on the ball and listened to you.

I wish you well. As someone else who had a mastectimy and then an implant (can you have one of those) O can assure you body shape is nothing compared to feeling good about your life.

I will think about you lots

Beryl xx

Oh no Francine! I am so so sorry that you have to deal with this again. But deal we will be here to support you. Not how retirement is meant or supposed to look like, right. But you will get there! We can have stiff upper chins with a tear in our eyes because we're human.
Sending love, hugs and prayers. I've missed you. But will be here checking in. Much love to you, Sue

Oh no Francine- Sorry you have to go through all the rubbish again but hopefully you will get good care now and it will be treated successfully . In a few years time you can look back on this as a blip on the road to recovery.

I know Spalding and Peterborough well. I was brought up in Crowland mid-way between the 2 and went to school in Spalding. Crowland worth a visit if you haven't already - old ruined Abbey and unique triangular bridge. Couldn't wait to leave when I was a teenager but that's probably the case wherever you are brought up.

Anyway - good luck with all of this. Sending lots of positive vibes.

Eileen xx 

Oh no Francine, you poor love! So pleased to hear that at least you've got some doctors who are on the ball and it does sound as if a mastectomy is the right way forward for you.  Have you got a date yet? Anything I can do to help?  Oh, I could weep for you, just seems like a constant rollercoaster where no sooner have you coped with one life-changing event than another comes along and it must be exhausting.  

Please do let us all know how things are progressing so we can support you as you go through this and you've got my email and phone number so call or email whenever you want, will be a pleasure to talk to you.

xx

Sharon

Hello lovely ladies! Unfortunately, things not so good for me. I've had a recurrence in the same boob and am having a mastectomy next month. It's Paget's disease, which is a cancerous condition of the nipple. We moved to Spalding in Lincolnshire last December, ready for a peaceful retirement! I had raised concerns twice about the nipple with Leicester Hospital who I had all my treatment with but they told me it was just damage from the rads. My new GP here transferred my care to Peterborough Hospital and when they reviewed my notes they called me in for a check. Consultant sent me for an immediate biopsy and said he was pretty sure it was something to be concerned about as it was too long down the line for rad damage. Turned out he was right. Because of previous 3 WLEs he feels mastectomy is the best course of treatment and I agree. Recon further down the line perhaps. Obviously not the news I wanted but that's life. Pleased to hear you are all OK. Love Francine xx
A

Ooooh, hello Francine & Beryl! *waves at you madly*

So pleased to hear that you're both OK, hope life is going well for you with plenty to make you happy? As Rosemary says, lots of ups and downs for the Facebook crowd but we're all still hanging in there, and dare I say it, we all seem to be able to appreciate life a bit more these days.  Nothing like a peek at your own mortality to make you focus on the good things is there!

xx

Sharon

Hiya Marchers

Still alive and kicking and finally feeling good.

Wonder about you all sometimes.

I was  surprised to find the email and pleased  to reply.

Hope all are OK - Sorry we are a Facebook free husehold here - and good as it would be I don't see it happening

Love to all

Beryl x

Helloooo Francine! How are you? Your message could be perfectly timed: Sharon, Cheryl and I are meeting up next Saturday in London if you would care to join us? I'm coming up to see ELO at Wembley and we have snatched to opportunity for a catch up. No times arranged as yet. It would be lovely to meet you too. All the fun and banter is over on Facebook these days. Beryl is another non Facebooker.You should both sign up and join in! Speaking on behalf of the Marchers, there have been ups and downs for us all but I think we're all thriving. We shall be getting together as a larger group when we can all agree a date. If/when we do someone will post details on here. Lovely to see you peeking over the parapet again!
Love
Rose xx

Any old friends still out there? Long time no talk! Francine xx

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas! 'Tis the Season!
How's everyone doing? Beryl I wish you well. You had a lot going on and I sure hope things are better!
Love,
Sue

And a very happy 2017 and good health to you all.  xx

Just looked in to wish you all Season's greetings but I see I am the only one looking in any way

In case anyone picks this up I wish you health and happiness in 2017

All's well here except the ***** internet which is disastrous

Waiting for annual tests but not at all worried now

Lots of love Beryl xx

Hi there Ladies

I hope today went well, thought of you and at the V&A as well.

I wouild love to meet up in the New Year, it was going to be my next step in total independence - still there's time

Much relief here that Honeymooners returned today as they were in the Bahamas and went through the opening throws of the Hurricane before returning to Florida and home overnight last night

was still a bit scarey though for them.

Health wise all is well AT LAST YAY!!!!!

Hope you are all doing well also

Love Beryl x

Hi lovely ladies,

Looking forward to meeting up with those of you who are free next Tuesday.  Exciting!

Are you able to make it Francine?  If you are (really hope so!) we could meet you at Kings Cross before we travel over to the V&A Museum in South Kensington.  They have indoor and outdoor areas to sit and natter over lunch or a snack so it won't matter what the weather is doing.  Think you've got my mobile number if you want to call or text.

What about you Pandorra? Have left you a message on FB too and would just love to meet you.

Sorry you can't make it Beryl (was going to inspect your cardigan to see if the buttons really had popped off and offer to sew them back on for you Woman LOL) but you'll be in our thoughts and hopefully we can have another get-together in Spring as you say. Glad they've managed to save your ring for you too, just be careful not to lose it in the compost heap when you're doing the garden!

Love to all

xx

Sharon

Does to me as well.

Will look forwrd to the photos, if you can mange them!

It will be good to put faces to names. Perhaps I could send you a photo of me so that I will be with you in spirit or wine!!!

beryl xx

Oh Beryl! We will definitely have to arrange another meeting so you can be included. How about we call Oct 4th a trial run?! So we can make sure everything will be perfect for you.
I have your email address so will try to gather my tech skills and send you the photos.
A spring meet up sounds good.
Love
Rose xx

Hiya

Checked in as I have been sulking because I can't make the meet. If you plan another one great I'll be there but I also don't do Facebook so who knows.

Wedding ring problem has been solved., We visited The Jewelry Quarter in Birmingham with the aim of buying a chain. After visiting a couple of shops the one saud it was too good a ring to not wear and they have stretched it. If anything at present it is loose but fingers are up and down so....

I am not wearing it all the time especially not when gardening - I do a lot of it, and when I go to bed as that is often when my fingers swell up.

Will be here to wish you all well cloder to the meet

beryl x

Hi All!
I love being connected on FB but thought I would check in here as well. Cancer is a black cloud that seems to follow us around sometimes. Sharon my sister in law had it from her twenties to dying at 50. She had multiple surgeries in her lifetime, the last being the worst that she regretted. From double breast, bone marrow transplant, her lips cancer cut out and because of the skin color difference to look normal the drs sewed her lips together during the healing process, but the last surgery they brought her stomach up to her throat (or tried) she never ate again. Horrible. My dad was lung cancer, my mom breast cancer, even my grandmother breast cancer, both of my husbands parents cancer and his brother and brother in law recently. It is so prevalent it is depressing. The more I read though on life expectancy the more I think holistic is a good approach or some of both. UGH! I'm sorry to hear about your Aunts.
It is good to stay in touch here. As for my surgery reconstruction I am allowed to push it off months according to my Dr so I will. Tired of being messed with as you all know. I'm not taking tamoxifen either. Rolling the diced on that one. Having Hot Flashes that are like sauna treatments and unwelcomed! Diet is out of control...sugar the problem!
Wishing us all a break. Looking forward to all the pictures of the meet up!!!!
Love,
Sue

Sorry about the typo errors - I forget to check before I post!!

Hiya

s***, S**t, Sh*T

Thanks for message replied that I was coming, thought oooh best check calender. It seems that is the day we are trudging up to Manchester Airport to collect daughter and husband from their 'honeumoon'

I am actually gutted, and very pleased I havn't booked the ticket. It was the next thing I was going to do after lookin in on here.

How is everyone? I don't use Facebook so it is hard to keep in touch. I have sent my email address to Rosemary butI don't know whether it will go through.

I had a check up a couple of weeks ago. I have a mild lymphodema.

Come my daughters wedding I tried to put my en gagement ring on and couldn't get it past the first knuckle, then the hand and fingers began to 'balloon'.

With many tears and yells, a lot of cream hand soap and ice cold water etc OH and i managed to get wedding ring off. So it is now in a box, fingers and hands have returned to whatever 'normal' is with these side effects.

I also get a very achey under arm (almost like a headache feeling there!)

Anyway consultant has agreed I should remain on Arimadex (expensive) as it seems to be the only drug that prodices fewer side effects in me.

I noticed some one else moaning about side effects - First I went to GP (many times) then he decided to put me onto Arimadex. Who ever it was  you really needd to seek medical assistance!!

It's down to your quality of life

I saw consultant as they were talking about referring me to oncologist but it is no longer necessary because the Arimadex is OK

Anyway will stay in touch

Beryl xx

Woohoo! So pleased you're coming Pandorra,can't wait to meet you (half expecting you to look like James Bond!) Woman LOL

Oh, can't wait!

xx

Brilliant!!! Sharon is going to choose the exact meeting place but it will be in/close to King's Cross. Time is about 11:00 which is when most of our trains get us into London. People will be coming into different stations but should be able to get there for about then.
As for recognising each other? Just watch out for a group of wonky booked confused looking women... Most of us have linked up on Facebook so have seen photos. Any chance you are on there?
So far we have Cheryl, Beryl, Eileen, Judi, Francine, Sharon, me and you.
This is going to be such fun! Really hope you can make it xxx

Hi my lovelies, I would love to meet up with you, incredible!  I have to see if i can get the day off, where, what time etc.,  Are we going to wear pink fluffy ear muffs so we know who's who or hang placards around our necks!  Love you all to the moon and back xxxxxxxxxxxx

Seconded - or thirded maybe. Would love to meet you Pandorra. Hope the meds get more bearable too xx

Also begging! Please come, Pandora. We need you to complete the set! xxx

Pandorra you're here! We've missed you!

So sorry you're having a hard time with the hormone treatment, have you spoken to your medical team to see if they can swap you to a different drug?

Not sure if you got my message but Rosemary has been incredibly organised and set up a get-together for us on 4 October in London (Kings Cross area) and it would be so lovely if you could come along, please do if you can (yup, I'm totally prepared to beg!) 

xx

Sharon

Hi special ladies, although not been in touch I honestly have been thinking of you all. Hope everyone is doing ok, so sorry to hear your news Sharon, it's so very hard, hope you are ok. I have been havkng a horrible time with this anastrozole,  really does some horrid things. Feel tired, joints horrific but then I really shouldn't gripe.  Just some days enough is enough.  Think I will succumb to a cortisone jab in my hand though as it really is so painful.   Anyway, I  send wishes and xxxxxx to you all lol xxxx

Hi Francine,

You're not one for a quiet life are you!? Glad to hear the cast has gone and hope your hand starts to recover soon.  So pleased to hear that you're going to retire, I think you've had more than enough to deal with over the last couple of years so some time to relax and just enjoy yourself has got to be a good thing.

Do you use Facebook?  Rosemary, Cheryl, Eileen, SueBee and some others connected on there so it would be great to see you too if you use it.  

xx

Sharon