cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MARCHING Together

Highlighted

Re: MARCHING Together

Hi Francine,

Horrible for you as I guess they can't move ahead with the breast surgery plans until the endoscopy results are through? 

I used to queue for Wimbledon tickets too back in the day. Being in the queue was part of the fun wasn't it as everyone chatted to each other and the sellers came round with all their bits and bobs and nice cold drinks. I've been very lucky with the ballot though and had tickets every year, I even got to see that epic Federer vs Nadal final in 2008.  Was hoarse by the time I eventually got home at close to midnight!

You're right about the job thing, I would definitely prefer something without the travel.  I've realised over the last few weeks how wonderful it is not to feel tired the whole time, hence having enough energy to decorate and be out and about. Not sure I'd realised just how tired I was as it just becomes normal after years and years of it and I'm keen to hang on to this new found energy level.  

Have a lovely time in Harrogate, should be beautiful in this gorgeous weather

xx

Sharon

Highlighted

Hi Sharon

Still no results from the endoscopy biopsies and my GP no help in chasing the up. Will have to get the BC surgeon's secretary on it again. At least the BRCA test was negative, great relief. Soo fed up with it all. I'm a big Wimbledon fan too, used to go there every day after school when I was a teenager. In those days you could stand outside centre or no 1 court and people going home would give you their tickets. We watched some amazing doubles matches in the evenings, Nastase and Tiriac playing Pascarel and Gonzalez comes to mind. Last set went to 46/48 I think and it was virtually dark by the end! No tie breakers then either so lots of long sets in between. Poor old Rafa! Got to fancy Djokovic this year although I hope not! I last went a couple of years ago and it rained the whole day, the year before it was boiling all day and people were falling like flies! Going to enter the ballot for tickets this year so if I get any, you're coming with me! Sure we're not sisters separated at birth!!? 👭 so glad you are enjoying life after all the nasty stuff. Do you mind if I counsel you too think very hard about taking a job with lots of travelling! Do you really want that sort of stress in your life after everything? The roads are a nightmare these days as well, trying to use any of the motorways is awful, roadworks everywhere. We're going back to Harrogate today to pick up the car, exciting! Using the train, which will take 3 hours or so but will be less stressful than the M1 again, awful last time. Staying overnight and even a short break will be nice. Xx Francine
Highlighted

Morning ladies 🙂

Glad you're OK Pandorra, hope your house move goes OK too and good news about being discharged from one lot of Oncologists at least!

How are you doing Francine?  Any news on the medical front or still waiting? Seems to be taking an age so must be torture for you.  Still happy with your new car?

I'm a huge tennis fan so this is my favourite time of year.  Match with Brown & Nadal yesterday was gripping wasn't it, even for people who don't normally watch the tennis apparently (I'm a Nadal fan so phone was going like crazy last night as friends and family phoned to commiserate with his (my) loss Woman LOL).  This is the first time in years that I haven't actually gone to Wimbledon but they usually involve very long days and I almost always come back with a sunburn however careful I am with the sun protection so thought it was wise to give it a miss just this once. Been doing more house maintenance things (well, decorating old watering cans actually :)) and more 'meet & greets' with my agencies and have a couple of interviews to prepare for although can't say I'm keen on either of the two jobs as they both involve a lot of travel and I would much prefer to come home every night. But life is still good and every day I feel grateful to be here and am enjoying the small pleasures on offer.

Love to all

xx

Sharon

Highlighted

Hallo Pandorra, wondered how you were and all sounds really good with you, great stuff. I've been on the Anastrazole for a couple of months now and have noticed the hot flushes at nigjht (just what you want in the hot weather!) also had a bone scan to check the density, so they can check if they need to prescribe calcium with it. Still having the odd snivel now and then, lol. XxFrancine
Highlighted

Hi girls, been missing you all but so much going on as moving in a couple of weeks!  Great idea Sharon to move us here as I would hate to lose touch with everyone. So, been catching up on your threads and hope all going ok. I have been discharged also Sharon from my Oncologist,  saw them last week and all ok other than boob still lumpy on scar, but apparently willvtake some while for pain free! I have my next appointment with my surgeon,  feb 26th, which I  received ages back and will be called for routine mamo for December and then see him Feb. So, now waiting for invitation to Moving On, think Sharon did that one, and need to get some exercising going. Been told the best is walking, for body and mind so that is what I need to start. Anastrozole seems to be ok but I think I have put on a little weight, although Onc said it wasn't probably too much chocolate and crisps! Don't like chocolate so it must be the 1 packet of crisps I allow my self. Must be honest though,  since this has all happened, I virtually stopped all my exercices cause I  was so fed up and also not good when you have pain. Anyway, good you have had your appointment Sharon, but sounds typical mix up. We can all remind one another when we are due for mamos. Always something to discuss. So my special ladies, thinking of you all wish you were here and you could help me pack! Lol xxxxxxxx

Highlighted

Hi all, the car is mine! 🚗🚗🚗 finally got to Harrogate yestetday but M1 full of roadworks, nothing new there, so long haul. Me and OH are feeling pooped today and nearly got divorced twice en route! The satnav seemed to take us on a very convoluted route so I got the map out. Now I have many talents but map reading isn't one of them it seems! Anyway, managed to get tea at Betty's which was an experience and very pleasant. Won't be picking the car up for a couple of weeks as we want some bits fitted and will be glad to go up by train! Beryl, little Pippin, lovely to hear she's settling in and will have a wonderful life with you with much love. Makes me so sad to think of animals who have been mistreated in the past. We took a rescue cat in that spent the first three months hiding under the bed because she was scared to be near people, been badly treated. Eventually we managed to get her to trust us and she was with us for 17 very happy years. Off to do my VAT return, such joy giving the HMRC a chunk of my hard rarned money 👎 x Francine
Highlighted

Hi All Brilliant news Francine - red sporty car and clea Bracs. Just hope thta everything will work out for you as well

Totally exhausted here, breaking a new dog in is hard work, she's not really house trained(getting there) and has had a sad life we think. She seems to us so much happier already though I think she will always be nervy. OH has been coming fro walks with us, he thinks she's wonderful (says he hates dogs HUH!!!) Picking things up really quickly though (including any shoes that don't have feet in themWoman Wink)

Had bad news though, my lovely niece - 36 yrs- had had an abcess on her breast (found thanks to me) and although it has healed has just been told she needs mammogram as a possibilty of Pagets disease - feel like crying  - 2 lovely little girls and her rotten husband  left her earlier this year.

Please , please someone make it not so Smiley Sad

Having some ice cold chardonnay at moment to go with salmoon being cooked for me.

Starting weight watchers again on Tuesday, but going away for afew days next week so what's the point I ask myself!! I know - low body image at the moment, something to do with boobs not matching any more- I'm sure you all know the feeling.

Love and hugs 

berylxx

Does anyone hear from JEts?

Highlighted

Hi all. Guess what, never got to Harrogate! The A1 was closed at Newark northbound with 20 mile tailbacks so we turned round and came home. Fortunately the hotel didn't charge us a cancellation fee since they knew the situation. We're trying again tomorrow via the M1! I'm determined to see this car, lol, better be worth it is all I can say. Story of my life! Maria, where do live then? I wasn't very impressed by my onc at LRI, she was very offhand with me and the OH and didn't like us asking questions - tough! However, genetics there lovely and Glenfield marvellous. Expect I'll be having my mx there in a month or so. With any luck I might escape the rads, pain of a journey from Uppingham to LRI everyday for 3 weeks and don't even mention the parking! Hugs to all. Francine xx
Highlighted

Francine I am so pleased you had the best result from your genetic testing. I hope you have a great time in Harrogate. I met my husband there, (at a conference nearly 20 years ago) and our second date was in Betty's. I still have the receipt (though he paid). I hope you're getting closer to being able to draw a line under it all. I have oncology appointment this Thursday, so assume after that I'll be going for radiotherapy planning. Leicester Royal. Perhaps see you there xx
Highlighted

Thank you all so much ladies for your good wishes. Celebrated the good news by having cottage pie followed by apple and blackberry pie with custard! We Rutlanders know how to party😄 Stomach just reminding me that it was the biggest meal I'd eaten in 2 months. Definitely going to Bettys in Harrogate tomorrow, looks lovely. Booked a stay overnight in a hotel about 5 mins from there but have just noticed that the Trip Advisor reviews are not very good!! Probably end up in a box room overlooking the car park and above the disco, lol. Still only for one night and you have to take some of those reviews with a pinch of salt, famous last words. I will definitely get the nipple checked out and will ring the BCN on Monday. Can't wait for another chance to flash my boobs of course 😃😃 night all xx
Highlighted

Yay Francine, some good news for you at last, just delighted for you and hope there is plenty more to come very soon from the medical bods.  Totally agree that you deserve the car, how are you meant to continue to be fabulous if you don't have the right lifestyle accessories to do it with Woman Wink Not so much a luxury as a necessity I'd say.  Enjoy Harrogate (tea at Betty's perhaps?) and do keep us up-to-date on what's happening for you, want to be able to support you as much as possible just as you supported me through the grim bits. Agree with Cheryl though, please do get your nipple checked (sorry for the nag also!)

SueBee you've made me laugh with your Radiotherapy bod comments, it is one of those areas where I think the UK has a much better deal than the US as ours are nowhere close to being sales people, in fact, a milder, less pushy breed of professional I've yet to meet! Still, the ones I've come across all seem extraordinarily kind and decent and that goes a very long way to offset the annoying admin problems that are rife in our health service.

Lovely to hear from you Cheryl and hope everyone else is doing well

xx

Sharon

Highlighted

Hi Sharon, they are a pain, they do the urgent stuff mostly really well and then mess up the follow up care which is just as important and more so from a reassurance perspective. And the different procedures used is just mind blowing. Anyway hope the next appointment goes smoother
Beryl,,hope pippin is settling in well, any connection with the musical ??
Hope everyone is okay, have a fab weekend, summer is nearly here x x x x
Highlighted

Hi, am so pleased for that is good news and you have been due some for a while now...so we are on a roll. And you definitely need a treat and a golf sounds ideal....so fill your boots as we say in the fire service!!! Please do get your nipple checked, I can understand how fed up you must be with strangers peering at your boobs and bum....but.... Nag ended. Have a great weekend lots of love x x x x x
Highlighted

Hi fuffs123

That's excellent news about the genes test. Enjoy Harrogate - lovely place- and I hope you come away with a lovely red golf, which will make getting around easier and give you your own space to do what you want, when you want. x

Highlighted

Hi ladies. Some good news, the BRCA test was negative. The genetics consultant rang me today and gave me the news personally, which was kind of him. He had asked the lab to push it through as urgent, bless him. Just waiting for the results of the endoscopy biopsies now before the surgeon decides on surgery or not. I might still go for another WLE but have noticed something rather strange on the nipple on the affected boob, which is a bit concerning. Think I'll ask for another appt so he can check it out. We're off to Harrogate tomorrow to look at a car for me, rather a nice red Golf. I've decided that I want my own car so I can go out and about when I feel like it. I feel I deserve it after all the c****p I've been through and my soon to be given old age pension can go towards it! There's something rather ironic about using an old age pension to help pay for a sporty little number. I'm definitely growing old disgracefully, lol. Hope you all have a good weekend. Francine xx

Hi all,
Well Francine I'm praying you. I'm glad to have done both but my only recommendation is a reclining chair to get up and down after surgery. They even need this in the hospital! Still sleeping in the chair at home. Expanders are in still so I'm too uncomfortable on my sides...not possible. And my back position for sleeping is good for like four hours. They thought they saw something for me on my right side so I was glad to have both removed. One stop shopping. It was not until the day of surgery I was rethinking what we were doing and the risk. All in all the waiting is the killer! I feel for you!!! Make sure you give yourself everything and all the pampering you need!!! And we are all here pulling for you.
Sharon as for me and Radiology they keep calling on me to do a follow up exit interview but honestly there isn't a damn thing that jerk Dr could say to me that will be earth shattering so I just keep deleting the calls. I'm never going back until maybe someone says I need more radiation. He was more of a sales man cycling cancer patients through than he was a Dr. Can you tell how impressed I was? He even made me cry over a phone appointment and the final day of radiation I expected to see him...yep, No where to be found...crickets chirping. Forget him! Of course I am quite connected to oncology because I go every three weeks for herceptin infusions.
Well as for our connection here I love it and only wish it had Like Buttons and we could post pictues...oh wait that would be Facebook. Lol. But I would like that!
Love to all,
Sue

Highlighted

Morning all 🙂

Glad you've got the endoscopies out of the way Francine and that it wasn't as bad as you were expecting and hurrah for curry consumption! Woman LOL  Yet more waiting on results though, totally get why you are fed up and will cross all fingers, toes and bendy bits that it is the best possible results for you.

Had my long overdue radiotherapy follow-up meeting yesterday after I chased the hospital about it.  Turns out I had got lost in the system (so that's reassuring, right?).  Radiotherapy Oncologist started reeling off details about my next mammogram appointments etc and my face must have showed my surprise as he checked his computer screen again and said 'oh, no I'm looking at the wrong patient, you don't have any more follow up meetings arranged'.  So, can't say I'm feeling in safe hands with this hospital but I guess they are all much the same.  Note to self: at all future appointments, which it appears I'll have to make myself, I'll ask them to check they've got the right details before I get sent off for somebody else's tests!  I've been discharged by the radiation oncology team now though, so just have to be followed by the surgical team and the medical oncology team apparently.  

Hope you're enjoying getting to know Pippin Beryl

love to all

xx

Sharon

Highlighted

Hi Sue. Shame on Paul McCartney for not inviting you on to the stage! Hope you had a lovely time anyway. Of course I forgot that Linda McCartney had BC. I've been taking my Anastrazole for 6 weeks now and am feeling the hot flushes, especially at night. Feeling very tired as they wake me up several times so by the afternoon I want to have a doze and am nodding off in mid sentence! Daughter thinks it's hilarious but OH now getting a bit bored with constantly snoring wife 💤💤💤 Just waiting now for my BRCA test results, another 3 weeks, so surgeon can decide what surgery to perform, single or double mx. Fed up now, just want to get on with it xx Francine
Highlighted

Hi Ladies,
Just checking in...wishing everyone well! I was to start tamoxifen 6/1 but haven't yet! I saw Paul McCartney in concert last night and was in the second row! My daughter made a Breast Cancer Survivor sign that said Bucket List ...Meet Paul Onstage. ...no such luck. But I was surely happy last night. And so many of us are affected two women said they had gone through treatment and hugged me. It was wonderful!
Love to you all!
Sue
Highlighted

Ladies, I had a curry last night, big news!! Home made by the OH no less and mild. Not quite teady for a madras yet! So far, no adverse affect on the tum. Can't tell you how nice it tasted after weeks of rather bland food. Now a 2 week wait for my results and probably another 3 weeks for the BRCA test ones. Then it will be boob decision time, single or double. Bit like one of those TV game shows, lol. In the meantime trying to get all the financials sorted in my business and as much prepared as possible. Hate doing the annual accounts, limited company so a pain. Still keeps me busy, which is what I need at the moment. Hope everyone is feeling OK. XXFrancine
Highlighted

Ah love the name Pippin. Hope you have lots of happy times together. Xx
Highlighted

Pippin the dog came home this morning. I think she is going to be a cutey once she is used to us Woman LOLWoman LOL

Highlighted

Well,done you......x x x x
Highlighted

Hi All

Francine So pleased it went OK. How long till you have results?

I contacted BCN today, answer phone, I said it wasn't urgent so am waiting for a call back. Will probably come tomorrow when I'm off to collect dog.

Now I am driving a little I have found my left arm isn't working properly (doesn't seem very strong)- always painful, but I am having to use 2 hands to shift into reverse gear, not a good idea Woman Surprised

Excited about tomorrow - think I have found a name but will try it on her first, she might run away from it

Hope all are well and work is beginning to get more into perspective -

love Beryl x

Highlighted

Fuffs123

I'm glad that it was just a short visit to Kettering Hospital this time.

It looks like you'll know the results of everything at around about the same time. x

Highlighted

Endoscopies completed, hooray! Have now shown my posterior to yet another set of Northants medics but at least didn't have to get my boobs out, lol. Sedation yes, did it work, no! Still not as bad as I thought. An enema is such a moving experience! 👣👣👣
Highlighted

Thank you ladies for all your good wishes. Will just be glad when it's over with. Have told them that I want sedation so if it's not been arranged I'm off! Had enough stress over the past few months so not having any more thank you. Typically, my tum has really settled down over the last week so I hope they don't stir things up again. Treated myself to sticky toffee pudding today, lovely!! X Francine
Highlighted

All the best francine xx sending good vibes and much love

sheena xxx

Highlighted

*waves hello to everyone*

Just nipping in to deliver a truckload of good vibes to Francine for tomorrow and to say hi to everyone.  Got a small crowd here this evening so bit on the run but hope to catch up with you all soon.

Love to all 

xx

Sharon

Highlighted

Hi everyone hope you are doing ok and have had a good weekend. Have read the posts with much interest and hopefully by now, Matty your new addition has had her naming ceremony. Francine, sending much love for tomorrow and hope all goes well, will be thinking of you. Sharon your trips out are most entertaining and hope you enjoyed some well deserved cake. Rose hope work has been bearable and you are feeling stronger. I have acquired 2 new animals, inanimate though as apparently 2 dogs, 2 cats and 20 fish are sufficient. Anyway for birthday gifts I got an owl and a tortoise to go by the pond, the tortoise is called Mo and nit because he missed a drugs test but the owl who is made of wire and adorned with smarties like beads is proving more difficult. Returned to work this week after a week away walking in the Lake District which helped me get my perspective back and despite not really wanting to be there have made the most of it and actually it was okay, did one full day and 3 days of 5 hrs. Am signed up to do the BCC walk in London on 4th July, 10 miles as thought 20 might be too much so am doing a little training. After having seen the oncologist on 4/6 I am seeing her again on 4/9, not really sure why so soon but determined not to stress about it. Anyway oenophile of my ramblings, love and hugs to one and all and hope the coming week is a good one for you and the sun is shines, Lots of love x x x x
Highlighted

Ah Beryl, she sounds adorable and I'm sure she'll bring much happiness to your life. I so miss my cat, no one to come and sit on your lap for a stroke (apart from husband of course, lol). X Francine
Highlighted

Hello

Spent an afternoon with little dog, she is quite sweet and although nervous I think we have all been in strange situations. 

Any way she will come home with us on Tuesday, It could have been Sunday but we are going out so it would not have been fair. Then she will have rest (sniff) Wednesday will bath her and Thursday will introduce her to the vet. You will notice - no name - tried Gracie yesterday and it just didn't suit.

Have driven further today, I seem to have lost the knack of turning into a car park space and parking straight and perfect right away- just have to keep practising by visiting the car parks attached to shopping centres !!!

Hope all are OK

beryl x

Highlighted

Will be thinking of you on Monday - have had one if those (from below) I don't blame you for asking for the sedation.

Always remember I met someone I had worked with as I was being helped out of the hospital and she brightly asked me generally how I was - what can you say - not that you feel like **bleep** !!

WE will go and have more time with the dog tomorrow and then need to make a decision - she was terrified of the cat they introduced her to today! They asked me in detail about my cats over the phone because of her reaction. We will see............

Night all

PS pleased you are back Francine Woman Very Happy

Highlighted

Hi Sharon
Hope you enjoyed your day in Crouchy. My favourite coffee place is The Haberdashery and my daughter and I usually go there for a coffee. Well I should say used to, as coffee is off the agenda at the moment. My endoscopies are on Monday, oh joy. I have been sent a DIY enema kit (ho ho) but as I'm not a contortionist and don't fancy it at all, they will do it for me! Just need to make sure my bed is the closest one to the toilet! I've insisted on sedation for both of them, top and bottom, so hopefully I won't remember anything 🙏 will they meet in the middle I ask myself?! OH thinks it's rather amusing but won't be laughing when I punch him in the head. Spent today doing the VAT return for my business, which was so exciting, not. Can't keep HMRC waiting can we, they don't care if you have BC and a dodgy tum. Daughter coming home this weekend for Father's Day so I've alerted the local power station and water authority. How can anyone spend so long on the shower?! Xx Francine
Highlighted

Morning all 🙂

Francine when are you having your endoscopies? In the next few days presumably?  I'm off for a mooch around Crouch End today with a friend so I'll visit the nice coffee shop and slurp some coffee in your honour while I'm there.  And I'm going to be humming the Star Wars theme to myself all day now because of you!

xx

Sharon

Highlighted

Well you're not surprised are you, coming from the tumour mayo sandwich lady, lol. I think I'm going to approach Mr Spielberg with my idea for a film, Star Ears, new version of Dumbo perhaps?! Other ideas, Boobs in the Wood, bit saucy, the Mystery of the Missing Boob, detective story, Boobs at Dawn, spaghetti western. Ho ho, Francine, go to sleep woman. 💤💤💤
Highlighted

Francine!,,, Star ears will stick in my memory for ever, thanks for making me laugh like a drain! 

lets all sleep like babies,  up and down,  crying etc etc lol xxxxx

Highlighted

Apologies about my typos! Was there such a film as Star Ears? Lol
Highlighted

I have Jurassic Park on my list to see also. So funny when everyone puts their 3D glasses on together. Love the cinema but so expensive now. I can still remember going to Star Ears in The Odeon Leicester Square and it was the first time that I'd experienced 'sensearound' in a cinema. When the Death Star went over, the whole cinema seemed to rumble and we all cheered! That was back in 1975/76 I think. We're sci fi fans. Sheens, lucky you with your new ball of fluff. I miss my cat Casper so much. We left him with our old neighbours when we moved last year, as he'd had two major hip ops and we didn't think it was fair to uproot him. He loved his cup of tea and would use his paw to ladle it out the cup. He also liked a good curry, just like us! He never got fleas by the way!! First time I've been without a moggy for 30 years😂😂 Night night all, would say sleep well but I suspect that's a rarity for most of us. I bought an electric diffuser from Neal's Yard the other week and some 'calming' oil mix supposed to help you to sleep. No joy but it smells nice! Love Francine xx
Highlighted

I have good weeks for sleep and bad weeks - this week, so far, is not too bad, but notas bad as it can be. Not had to get out the Camamile tea and the purry cat this week.. but am waking around 2.

Parrt of the course I think.

Although I didn't need rads or chemo, because of all the other stuff I would have thought i would have had a follow up by now but haven't, don'nt really feel like reminding them either!!

Back tomorroe

Great about the cat, enjoy him Woman LOL

Highlighted

So did we, keep accidentally calling our new pup Honey by mistake bless her 🐶☺️
Highlighted

He's 5 Sharon can't wait till tomorrow haha!

Highlighted

Yay Sheena, a lovely ball of fluff to play with!  Is he a grown cat or still a kitten? Too exciting.  I bought my baby Dollop a DVD last year which has fish & mice and stuff like that on it and he LOVES it.  He sits right in front of the TV and swipes at the animals as they go past him and when it plays mewling kittens he runs around the back of the TV to try to find them.  So sweet! Will see if I can put a picture on my profile.

And yes, I'm having problems sleeping again just for the last week or so but at least I can have little afternoon naps if I need them (although I haven't actually been tired despite only sleeping for 3 or 4 hrs a night)

xx

Sharon

Highlighted

Well my friends,  a big black furry boy called pepper will be coming home with me tomorrow! 

im nervous now! 

Can't wait to see jurassic park,  think will try to make it this week.  3D makes me feel a little sick so will have to be in normal vision

how's everyone sleeping?  I am only getting 4 hours each night

sheena x

Highlighted

Beryl when I was first diagnosed my first thought was 'phew, thanks heavens I lived my life the way I did' (by which I mean that I've always done the things I wanted to do when I wanted to do them rather than delay things for when I retire/get rich/meet the love of my life etc.) and my second thought was 'aaarggh! who do I trust to take on my cat' Woman Sad Don't think I can have any more pets after this one just in case. Stupid cancer.

Pandorra, we were talking about your GP prescription and how to help you use it on the other thread *sniggers*.  Do you know, I've never seen a 3D film so I'll have to add that to my bucket list.  Heavens, I'm sounding all pessimistic and miserable now but actually I'm pretty chirpy.  Still haven't been given an appointment for the follow up meeting so hopefully they've forgotten me which is no bad thing as I'm doing my best to forget them.  Rose and Cheryl have had their follow ups though.

xx

Sharon

Highlighted

Hi ladies, been catching up on your threads and it seems we are definitely favouring gods creatures, cats, dogs and ... snails. Love it. We went to see Jurassic World in 3d and it is awesome. Dinosaurs fasinate me but I did have to cover my eyes a couple of times as they were almost on top of me! I now need to see James Bond in 3d, certainly won't need to close my eyes.  Hope everyone is doing ok. Anyone had their appointment with Onc. Yet. Mine is next week 25th.  Lol to all xxxxxxx

Highlighted

Hi there

Seems the time to consider new pet friends.

Usually I have had kittens from someone known to me, I think supposting a cat resue has kittens you'll be fine.

When looking for my future dog I am well aware it will be my last one, but I also know (and it is always there this thought) that if BC reappears or anything else happens it will be well cared for by other family members

It is good though having a cat curl up and give you endless purrs when you are feeling low.

Feeling good agian today - perhaps it's the sun 

Must buy some bio-oil, have to judge when to use it and am thinking it is now. Would be good to have the smiling teddy scar less prominent

Highlighted

Hi Ladies,
I've been trying to follow the threads...and I'm all for sticking together. How time flies. I'm back at work part time and have been treated well. I wish all here were as lucky! I'm down to...yes down to...one dog, three cats and a chinchilla! The dogs name is Starbucks. The chinchilla is the second one, his name is Wonka and the first was Willie. Then we have Holly, Tiger and Gismo. No more lovely creatures for me. I sure hope and wish everyone well! Don't leave Francine, please. And thanks Sharon for the new thread! Peace to everyone.
Love, Sue
Highlighted

Oh Sharon, definitely don't want an oh, my last one was rubbish lol x
Highlighted

Hi Sheena,

Both my babies came from the local rescue centre and they've been nothing but a joy.  Definitely think having a pet is a good thing, they are a distraction from any and all woes you might have and are just so totally adoring even when you're having a bad day (unlike OHs in my experience which is one of many reasons why I'm now single Woman Sad).  

Awww, getting all mushy now at the thought of more kitkat babies to play with...HeartHeartHeart

xx

Sharon