333766posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MARCHING Together

Re: MARCHING Together

Morning all Smiley Happy

Francine I was thinking of you and your daughter on Saturday.  I went to the summer festival at Ally Pally and did a 'behind the scenes' tour which was fab, got to see the old BBC studios and the theatre which hasn't been open to the public since the 1930s.  So pleased they've got some lottery funding to do it all up and re-open it as I'll have a West End quality theatre in walking distance of my home and, presumably, it'll be the same for your daughter.  

So, lovely ladies, any advice for me on how to handle returning to work/new job?  I'm slightly dreading it as I know what a hard time many of you have had.

xx

Sharon

Quorn, but I visit London a lot

Hi Maria. Oh the creamed spinach and the chips fried in beef dripping!! Daughter and I shared the chateubriand, amazing, medium rare. I love Covent Garden, especially the human statues, frightened an American tourist to death when it suddenly tapped her on the shoulder! I lived and worked in London for 40 yrs and moved out in 93. Lot has changed, uber taxis for one! Lots of those rickshaws around ripping off tourists, £10 a minute! No insurance, not licenced and so dangerous. Give me a black taxi any time, I can still hail one a treat! You can take the girl out of London as they say! Where do you live then ?

Francine, I think we're twins. I love Hawkmoor. I've not been to the Covent Garden one. Usually Air street. Love the cocktails, the salted caramel rolos and the creamed spinach. Of course the steaks are amazing. I am salivating xxx. Good news on the bum. Happy for you xxx

Oh yes Beryl, I'm crossing my fingers for you to be discharged to yearly check ups. I was feeling a bit low today. When I realised it was another 2 weeks before I saw my consultant I suddenly felt so weary and emotionally drained. Then I got a lovely text from one of my daughter's friends who's had health issues all her life and had a stoma from 19. She is a wild water swimmer and doesn't let it stop her from doing anything she wants. She said that it's part of being human to overcome adversity and continue to flourish and we all have it in us and she's right. Felt a lot better after that. Hope everyone has a good weekend. I'm looking forward to a day in London with my daughter tomorrow to celebrate her birthday. X Francine

Well done Sharon

Job satisfaction is such a good feeling. With food like that, that is one meal you won't have to budget for, Just remember though it's best not to snooze in the afternoon when you are at workWoman Very Happy

Lets hope our appointments in first week of August are what we hope for Francine.

beryl

Sharon, fantastic news I knew you'd smash it! They are a lucky lot to have you. A new start and a new challenge, exciting but probably a bit scary? I was once offered a job at The Natural History Museum which I so wanted to do but the salary was low and it was fixed term. I've always regretted it. You may be hard up but you'll be well fed!!

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. He was such a lovely guy and didn't ask me to get my boobs or bum out, for a change, lol. I celebrated by eating a slice of chocolate cake and drinking a cup of coffee, the first in 3 months. Wow did it taste good. Looking forward to seeing my daughter in London this weekend for her birthday and going to Hawksmoor in Covent Garden for lunch, feeling my wallet twitching already. Now just waiting (again) to see the consultant on 6 August to discuss the surgery. Xx Francine

Thanks ladies.  The organisation is a really old, traditional one and the job offer includes free lunch in the extremely posh (strict dress code) dining hall.  Just looked at the menu and tomorrow is a soup starter; roast beef and roast potatoes, yorkshire pudding etc (or a veggie alternative of polenta & roasted veggies) followed by lemon syllabub.  Think the diet might be under threat!  Ah well, I've decided to accept it and just adjust to a life of being poor and fat but hopefully happy! Woman LOL

xx

Sharon

Hiya

Good news all round

Francine - really Marching Forwards now - I hope your discussion in august is fruitful and you don't have to wait too long for the date.

The decision about which op is hard, you need to choose which you feel most comfortable with.

Congratulations Sharon, I know you haven't accepted yet but perhaps the job will lead to better things long term. Balancing the pennies is soo very hard though, but finding something that really suits you is hard as well

All the best to you both

beryl xx

Francine, that is good news, not the surgery but after all this time you can get on with the next stages....glad your bum is doing well so just those boobs now. Feel for you re injections, I hate my monthly pellet injection....so as you say onwards and upwards and you definitely get the award of the most patient patient x x
Sharon, yippee I knew you would smash it, hope you can reconcile the salary issue, never loose your value and worth but there's a lot to be said for being happy and it sounded like the company had a nice feel( but do get it that bills don't pay themselves)

Shall treat myself to a cheeky g&t over the weekend and raise my glasses to you both x x x

Great news Francine.  Do you have a date for surgery yet or is that one of the things you're discussing at your meeting on 5th August?  And have you decided what sort of surgery you are going to have?  Big scary stuff isn't it, really feel for you.

I had good news this afternoon, was offered the job that I wanted so now I'm just trying to work out if I can afford to accept it (the salary is dramatically lower than I usually earn and less than I asked for) but I want to take it if I possibly can so will be seeing where I can pennypinch on my budget to make it OK.  Sure I'll manage it somehow and I can't believe I've been lucky enough to get the job.  Someone somewhere is looking after me Smiley Happy

xx

Sharon

Oh yes, we love The Sopranos. Our daughter calls us Tony and Carmella! Do wish Carmella and Furio had got it on(!). Had my check up with the bum doctor today who was lovely. Not often you get a consultant talking to you for an hour and really caring. I'm doing very well apparently, recovering very well and fit for BC surgery. I will have to be on heparin injections for a month after surgery, oh joy, better start practising on an orange now, or the OH! He rather scared me when he told me how near I was to ICU and a big op, not to mention pegging out! Still i'm here to tell the tale. Onwards and upwards.

And Francine is a HUGE Sopranos fan...

I've been working through the Sopranos. Two episodes a night. I'm near the end of Season 5. Amazing. I've been working on my Carmella face (pout, raised eyebrows). Haven't perfected the NJ accent yet

Morning all Smiley Happy

Pusscat back to his old self this morning so that's great and I was pleased with how my interview yesterday went.  Not sure I'm quite what they are looking for unfortunately which is a shame as I really liked the people, the place and the role.  Still, I don't think I embarrassed myself and I enjoyed talking to them which makes me feel a bit more confident about the next ones.

Francine if you haven't seen it already, I can recommend The Sopranos boxset: 178 hours of viewing and almost all of it brilliant if a bit gory (but then we've all got quite skilled at handling gory haven't we Woman LOL?)

Take care all

xx

Sharon

Hi Sharon. How did the interview go. I expect you smashed it, and how is Dollop, more importantly. I bought myself one of those adult colouring books and some posh pencils but was bored rigid after an hour! Didn't find it relaxing at all, not sure what that says about me! I'm off to the dentist tomorrow so must ensure that I don't get the boobs out. Bit of a knee jerk reaction when I see someone in scrubs and a mask, lol. X Francine

Hi ladies,

Are you getting some rest Francine or still too sore?  I can lend you a few box sets if you'd like, or a colouring book.  Think I've even got some jigsaw puzzles somewhere. Happy to send them on to you if you'd like them to while away the waiting time.  I know this is going to make me sound like a madwoman, but when I worked away from home a lot I used to phone my cats as they liked hearing my voice.  My OH used to hold the phone up so they could hear me.  And I liked hearing them too of course.  The fact that I phoned the cats more often than the OH was a source of some tension, lol!

Thanks for kind thoughts Cheryl & Beryl, I know you've both got a lot going on at the moment so hope you are both getting some time just to relax.  Does the world still look all bright and shiny with your new improved vision Cheryl or does it feel normal already?

Dollop has improved a bit and is up and about now but looking very sorry for himself.  Delighted to see him moving again but keeping him still enough to syringe the three lots of medication down his little throat is a bit of a challenge - still, can't complain because I'm an even worse patient Woman LOL

Definitely going to have to wing it in the interview tomorrow but can't be bothered to fret about it, it'll either be OK or it won't but at least it will be over!  Actually I quite like interviews as it's always interesting to meet new people.  I have to give a presentation too and I don't think I'll be able to wing that bit of it so I'd better get cracking I suppose *adjusts specs, brushes hair out of eyes and tries to look vaguely professional*

Love to all

xx

Sharon

Hi Sharon. How is Dollop today? I know just how you're feeling. My lovely old boys George and Henry both became very poorly at 17 but I decided to nurse them at home. At least they had me with them when the time came. I still carry their name tags in my purse 7 yrs later. I still miss them so much and sometimes talk to them (mad catwoman!) Keeping my fingers crossed for the lovely Dollop and for your job. I'm good at spouting rubbish too, especially at interviews, is it an HR/MRC speciality!? XFrancine

Hi Sharon, sorry to hear about Dollop and hope last night was a good one for for you both...what a lovely name, dollop that is!! Good luck for the interview, x x x

Sharon I feel for you

Peased cat is perking up but restless nights are all part of loving a pet/person etc.

Do you have to go to the vet again today?

I hope you have a beter day. I am sure you will cater for his every need(well nearly every need!!!) and make him really comfy and give him lots of hugs.

You will of course be rewarded with lots of purrs backWoman Very Happy

I hope the job iis as good as it looks and that you manage to survive the next day or so .

I can wing it when necessry as well 

Wish you all the best.

beryl x

Hi ladies Smiley Happy

it's nearly midnight and I'm just back from the emergency vet with my adored kitcat Dollop who is very sick. Was worried that I'd be coming home having said my goodbye (he is 16 next month so generally pretty creaky at the best of times, really thought I'd lost him earlier).  Couldn't bear to leave him at the vets as he was so terrified he was hyperventilating so I've brought him home. I've been told to keep a close eye on him overnight and take him back immediately if he gets any worse. It's going to be a long night Smiley Sad

Job thing is moving along nicely Beryl, heard this afternoon that I have got an interview on Monday for the job I like the sound of so I hope it looks as good then as it does on paper (and that they like the look of me too of course). So worried about my cat I can't seem to care much about the work thing at the moment though so might have to wing it a bit during the interview (although in fairness, spouting rubbish is one of my specialities so I'm sure I'll be no worse than usual!).  Glad to hear the hospital are finally checking you and hopefully you'll be discharged to just annual visits now too.

Love to all

xx

Sharon

Edit: Pusscat improved this morning although still feeling ill poor thing.  Phew, very relieved cat mum!

Hi

Well my GP certainly got a move on - had a hosptal appointment through for August 3rd - hope it will be to discharge me to yearly check ups.

Still don't know why I hadn't heard from them, as have always found them caring and efficient before.

Take care all of you

Sorry Sharon, forgot to ask you how the job interview/search is going?

Hi Francine, relieved to hear it's benign as I bet you are.....what a wait you have had, and as Sharon says hopefully now you can get back on track and get the rest of treatment underway..we are all here for you and no moonies at the boob clinic! Hope your sleeping is getting better x x

Phew Francine! Horrible having to do yet another set of medical visits but at least no bowel surgery needed for now so hopefully you're back on track to get the BC sorted soon.  I'll be so happy for you when you can get through the breast surgery as you'll be on the home stretch then. Will be standing along side you, albeit virtually, cheering you along all the way Smiley Happy

Hope you can relax a little bit now and get some sleep.

Look after yourself

xx

Sharon

Thank you Beryl. Afraid the sleep had been elusive for a long time now but it's worse since I started taking the Anastrazole, as I have really bad hot flushes at night. I've swopped to Egyptian cotton sheets which have helped but still wake up drenched. Of course I do want to sleep during the day, which isn't very conducive to running a business! Still at least I had already gone through the menopause and wasn't suddenly pushed in to it artificially, as you say. Must be horrible. Glad to hear that they're sorting out your follow up. Won't it be great only going to hospital once a year. love Francine x

Great news Francine

Bum, tits now what else?

I hope the tumour behaves itself for you. I had been wondering about you today.

Do you think you will sleep or is it very elusive?

Had GP secretary on the phone today, double checking dates I have visited hospital so they can try and get a solution to if am I discharged to yearly appointments or not. Really felt reassured they are on the 'case'.

Just to say 2 menopauses is absolutely yuk - drug induced is far worse!!

Once again good news - Keep us posted please

beryl x

Hooray, I have the biopsy results, shocked! Showed a small benign tumour that will need watching and some mild inflammation in the bowel. How lovely to look forward to regular dates with the a****e doctor, as my husband so nicely calls him! He has a great way with words. Must remember not to show him my boobs, bit of an automatic reaction now whenever I see a medic, lol. Will discuss my results with him on 22nd and then see the BC surgeon on 06 August. Had to laugh today, called for my 5 year smear test. Yet another part of my anatomy to show off to the medical world😄 might pass on that delight at the moment, surprisingly! Feeling exhausted with the lack of sleep and decided to paint my nails at 4am, OH wasn't too impressed and in the morning I could see what a bad job I'd done. Note to myself, do not paint your nails in the dark💅💅 Daughter is sending me lovely photos of San Sebastian (spanish Basque region) and I so wish I could be there with her. Next year, God willing. Love to you all. XFrancine

Morning all Smiley Happy

Fingers crossed for you this morning Francine, hope endoscopy results are good and you can straight on to the BC treatment.  Don't know how you're keeping your sense of humour, you're a star.

Have you moved now Pandorra? Lots of new space to decorate so that should be fun once the hard work of unpacking is done.  Well, the decorating isn't exactly fun is it, but choosing just the right accessories to go in a room is a pleasure that I can spend hours over.  It's one of those things that I get to do with my Dad as I like old stuff so he spends ages scouring junkyards and car boot sales for me to find bits and bobs (found me a gorgeous 1930s typewriter recently) so that gives him something to do that he enjoys as well as helping me.

Good luck with the change in hours Cheryl, it's hard to stay disciplined enough to just do 'normal' hours isn't it, somehow or other there is always a reason to end up there 10/12 hours.  Sure that such long hours can't be good for anyone never mind those of us who've had health issues to deal with.

Off out with friend to the National Portrait Gallery tomorrow to see an Audrey Hepburn photography exhibition (I think she was the most beautiful woman in the world, so elegant and stylish) and then on to Somerset House for a photo exhibition of The Jam and a nice lunch.  Don't think the weather will be good enough for too much outside wandering but that should keep us busy enough.

Boob very achy around scar and where the tumour was so I've gone back to my surgical compression bras for now.  I'm beginning to wonder if it is just normal monthly hormonal tenderness but exacerbated by the surgery. It isn't bad enough to worry about, just a bit uncomfortable.  Beryl and Francine, I've got the whole dryness thing going on too but I'm not taking any hormones so perhaps it's just the start of the menopausal hormone changes kicking in.  You wouldn't think a few simple little hormones could bring about such dramatic effects would you - but at least a natural menopause should be easier to deal with than one induced by the treatments *crosses fingers and hopes*

love to all

xx

Sharon

My face is dry and I have dry eye anyway.

Simple moisturiser works on my face - not that rich and need to do it regularly but better than the over perfumed stuff I also have that seems to aggravate other things.

Dry eye -I get drops from doc but don't like using them - can't afford the optrex spray but are supposed to be really good- optician rcommended them but not sure they are available on NHS

Fingers crossed for your biopsy results. 

I used to love meeting up and swimming. It is a group that teaches confidence in the water for oldies like me. I love it and have improved so much but have been told no swimming until am healed for 6 months. From op that would be now BUT because of recurring infections it is now looking like it will be December before I can go back. They are keeping my place as there is a waiting list.

Thinking of you tomorrow - let me know please.

beryl x

Hello all. Matty, glad your GP has given you something for your skin. I've noticed my skin has dried up hugely since starting the Anastrazole especially on my face, not to mention some other delicate parts! Even my eyes feel dry but I'm not sure if I'm just imagining it. I'm a great fan of Cuticura talc for sweaty areas! Never without it, very soothing and has allantoin in it, which is a gentle antiseptic. Cheryl, fantastic job raising all that money, you should all be very proud. I've had to surrender my pool membership for the time being and do miss a swim, very relaxing. Hoping I will eventually get back to it. Anyway, guess what, apparently my endoscopy biopsy results are in but I have to ring the GP in the morning to get them. Trying not to scream with frustration so have treated myself to fruit pie and ice cream to keep my mouth busy, lol. 🍰🍰. If nothing else, BC has taught me extreme patience, although I now have no hair or nails left (sorry chemo ladies, don't mean to be flippant). Have to see the BC surgeon on 6 August to discuss the way forward. More waiting!! Only 7 months since diagnosis now, 2 ops and a 10 day stay in hospital with various bits of my anatomy 'scoped' and no dignity left at all! Past caring, anyone wanting to see my boobs and a****e, roll up! 😃😃 he he! Hugs to all. Francine x

Hi again

This morning I went to see GP. Result - cream for hands, cream for feet and referral to physio for arm.

Also he has asked hospital for up to date records as he has had nothing since March and it was May when I had the infection.

He also checked my sore 'lump' and thought it was scar tissue as well.

Feel better just having seen someone 

Beryl 

Highlighted

Hi Marai, good luck with the rt, hope all goes well x x

Hello everyone, thanks for all your kind messages, feet have recovered and even been back in gym four times this week! The pink ribbons team ( 4 of us) managed to raise just over £1400, which is amazing and will go most definitely to a good cause. I would definitely recommend the walks, well organised, great cause and great fitness goal to aim for. Perhaps we should do one together next year?? Francine, you have the patience of a saint, I think I would be camped out now with a placard, hope you get the results a sap but in meantime hope the car is going down a treat. Sharon, sounds to me like a brilliant way forward and I hope to following in your footsteps in about 10 months time. Good luck with the interview, tell them we said that they would be foolish not to snap you up. Cracklin Rose, hope last night was everything you thought it would be more and more ....can you post a few verses so we can hear you sing !!. Pandora/Eileen hope you are both okay and keeping well,glad you are back in in the forum pandora, I get in such a muddle with passwords too. Beryl glad pippin settling in well and you are having fun, I bought a 3rd westie yesterday and she sits beautifully by my pond, never moves, very quiet and maintenance free!!
I am starting to increase my hours at work now, moving to 6/7 but will not be getting back into the 10/12 hrs of before. Sleeping is a bit erratic, but last week have slept through to 5:30am which for me is the old pattern so feeling a bit more lively. Have been advised to have a lumbar puncture test because of the demyelination but am going to take a rain check on that for several reasons not least of which if I never see another hospital again, it will be too soon!! Anyway lovely marchers hope next week is a good one for one and all and take care lots of love x x x x

Ho all

Have had a short break - having met other doggy people and with Mr Google's help we have determined that Pippin is a collie cross corgi. In fact on google are a couple of photos that could ber her!!

Well done on the walk, hope your feet were OK, again thank you for doing that.

My scar really is sore sometimes, I would love to go into a pretty bra but am so wary of aggravating the scar tissue. I have a small lump of it(I think) that is raised above the rest and rubs on the 'soft' bra when I walk or garden, then it gets sore, and if I sweat (well i don't glow!!!) it is sore. I have taken to keeping extra sensitive baby wipes by me and if it s bad or iI have been really hot i wipe the under scar area with one. - seems to do the trick

GP's next week though - I have these patches of hard skin that keep opening up on hands and feet - Anastrozole I think. Especially worrying is the one that won't heal on my left side (Op side) Also want to try and get some physio to strengthen that arm and improve movement.

Well done on hanging on about that job Sharon - something better is always just round the corner

Good wishes all -Keep smiling and striving - or is it striving and smiling Smiley LOL

Beryl xx

Hi Francine, starting RT on 20th. Looking forward to finishing already The last couple of weeks have been odd. A lot of times I haven't even thought about the DCIS. Surgery seems a long time ago now and I'm slightly surprised by the lack of nipple when I get undressed. I expect the RT will remind me....

Omg francine, that is not acceptable at all,  probably not at the forefront of your mind at the moment but I reckon you have good grounds for a complaint

it's such an important time for you and your family

Sending a big hug

sheena xxxx

Guess what ladies, STILL waiting for my biopsy results! My GP and BC surgeon are furious and have both written to the hospital to explain the urgency snd kick them up the a****e. I'd like to administer one to someone myself, wish I had a bigger foot, only a size 4! Have another appt with my lovely surgeon on 4 August to have another discussion about what type of mx so hopefully i'll have my results by then, lol. Some days are hard and I just want to scream but at least the business keeps me busy. Sharon, so glad you decided against the travelling and now you have something else much better in the pipeline. Everyone deserves to enjoy what they do, if they get the opportunity but selling our house and starting a business at 60 was rather radical! Cheryl, how did the walk go? Sore feet?! I'm determined to do it next year so better start training asap. Talking about London, my home town for 40 years, my favourite place is Ally Pally, having a picnic on the grass and looking over London in the process. If you've never been there, try it, amazing view. There -are so many green spaces in London that a lot of people don't know about. Other favourite place, walking along The Embankment very early in the morning or just as it gets dark. Sweet dreams all, not getting much sleep myself, a combination of Anastrazole hot flushes and brain working overtime, but hope you all are. 💤💤 x Francine

Hi all,
Haven't posted for a while but been checking people's news. Well done Cheryl. Enjoy your days out Pandorra and good luck with new job Sharon. Hope you continue to do well Francine and enjoy your new car. Love to all
xx

Hi Sharon, will send all the vibes I can collect from everywhere! So pleased to hear about the job. It makes such a difference when you have an interest in what you want to do. Let us know the date and we can all hold hands. Oh yes, I just love london now, just meandering along, stopping for the odd drink, and you can really lose yourself. Dont mean that literally, although I can never be in london on my own as I wouldn't know where I  was!  Hope to get to St.Catherines dock one evening as we love sitting there.  How's everyone else doing?  Anyone had their follow up appointment yet. The months are flying by aren't they, we have all had so much going on and to deal with and I have just been told it's 171 Days to Xmas!  Sorrrriiii but at least you have been told!

so all my special ladies sending masses of hugs, now back to watch wimbledon and I so love Novak! Brilliant player. Lol xxxxxxxxx

Evening all Smiley Happy

Hope you enjoyed the Pink Ribbon Walk Cheryl and your feet aren't complaining too much. You should be incredibly proud of yourself... I'm proud of you and I've never even met you!

V glad you're back Pandorra, thought you might be buried under a pile of moving boxes.  Been hearing on the news that a tube strike is planned from tomorrow evening so hope it doesn't coincide with your pal being here. London is fantastic at this time of year isn't it, nothing better than plonking yourself in a nice bar or coffee shop and watching the world go by.  Sorry to hear you are still suffering and hope it sorts itself out soon.  

Well I've been brave (or stupid, depending on your point of view Woman LOL) and pulled out of both of the job selection processes that I was involved in as I just can't face the long hours/travelling again.  And hey presto, the very next day one of my agencies contacted me about a job which sounds great, nice easy commute, tiny little charitable organisation in a field I'm interested in).  So, interviewing for that the week after next and will ask you all to send some positive vibes my way as, on paper at least, it looks perfect.

Hope you're all doing OK and life is a bit more settle for those of you who have gone back to work.

love to all

xx

Sharon

Hi ladies, I logged myself out, didn't mean to, and couldn't get back in! It was awful. Just like in the Bond films, the moderator came to my rescue and I was so grateful. So, hope everyone ok, Francine any news?  Well done to those on the walks, phenomenal. I had to go back to using a support bra as so much pain around the scar again. It feels like thousands of pieces of glass and then I  get a few days better.  But I ws told it takes a long time to heal. Gets you down though doesn't it. Hope you are getting there Sharon, how's the decorating are you finished. Hoping to have a london day soon as my girlfriend is over from Dubai, love just wandering and people watching. Sending love and xxxxxxxxx to all xxxx

Hi Maria. I live in Uppingham, in little Rutland and only moved here in Aug last year. I do agree that the staff at Glenfield are lovely and I've been treated with great kindness there on two occasions now. Will be having another stay for a mx in the next few months. I didn't find the onc experience at the Royal very good unfortunately. My consultant was very abrupt, didn't like me asking questions and I felt very rushed. I'm sure she knew her stuff but could do with a lesson in empathy! Apparently Leics has got one of the best reputations in the country for treating breast cancer and my consultant, a polish chap, is lovely. I'm very grateful for all the services and just wish that some of the other ladies who haven't had such a good experience in some parts of the country had had the same. What stage are you at now with your treatment? Francine x

Hi Francine, I'm in Quorn. Only been here a year so far and the BC stuff started after a mammogram in Feb. it's been good because Glenfield is lovely and the Royal is only 4 miles from the office and 11 miles from home so I'm lucky in that respect. My friend from my old village - not in Leics - had to travel on the morning of her surgery, 20 miles to a different hospital for the blue dye, radioactive stuff before returning to the first for surgery.

However, I didn't move here for the breast cancer services. That's just an added bonus 🌞

Cheryl, you are a real inspiration. I so wanted to do the walk myself but unfortunately my health issues prevented me. I'm hoping to do a walk in August for Coping With Cancer Leicestershire who provide free counselling and alternative therapies. Have a great time with all the amazing people doing the walk. I'm walking with you in spirit 💖💖💖👯👯

Well that's the things about virtual friends. They are with you in spirit......as you will be tonight x x

Cheryl you are a superstar, only wish I could be there to cheer you along.  I wish you every success with it and hope you get to enjoy it too.  Blubbing a bit now because of your kindness.

Go Cheryl!

xx

Sharon

Hi Chez66

Good luck for the walk later and thank you so much for what you have done for Breast Cancer Care, your fundraising will be put to good use to help others who have to travel the same path.  Your efforts are very much appreciated by everyone here at BCC.  Smiley Happy

Take care and kind regards

Jo, Moderator

Thank you Cheryl x

Morning all. Have been keeping up with all your news, wasn't heather Watson brill last night 😀. Just a quick post to say I am walking in London tonight in the pink ribbon walk, 10 miles with 3 of my friends and we have raised just under a thousand for breastcancercare. Am so pleased to be able to repay their support in some way within them would not have found all of you and the personal support you have given has been fantastic. So tonight I am walking for my friends on marching together, the moving forward cohort from Worthing and all the fantastic ladies on this forum and elsewhere who have been affected by this dreadful disease. A while ago I met a survivor who said whilst she hated the condition she loved the life it had given as it had made her reevaluate and which without it, she would never have met such wonderful evening people. I salute this sentiment and all of you. Thank you... Have a great weekend and love and hugs x x x

Hiya

I would not go for a job with travel, just remmeber we have been through a lot and you may find it more tiring than before BC.

I haven't any appointments or anything, not even for the mammogram and check up. I am not sure if I have been discharged either after the last infection.I suppose I should follow it up.

Enjoy your break in Harrogate, lovely town and have fun with your red car, Francine. My friend always has a red car, she says she can a lways find it in a car park 

Never been to Wimbers but watch it avidly , tht Raffa match was so exciting

we are going away fro a few days from Monday. You can be sure the weather will change!!!

Glorious here again, but like you very wary now about going outside in the sun and the heat

Love Beryl x