63324members
333137posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MARCHING Together

Re: MARCHING Together

Morning all. Thanks for your good wishes for today. I've had a conversation with Gloria the boob and told her that I may soon have to say goodbye to her or fry her for 3 weeks. She didn't respond, just hung there looking rather sad and lumpy! Not s great conversationalist at the best of times, lol. Beryl, sounds amazing, I've always wanted to visit the lost city of Alhambra. Have to put it on the after BC to do list but perhaps when it's cooler there. I'm not too good in the heat and my Anastrazole hot flushes don't help now. My temp control seems to have gone out the window, I'm either boiling or shivering! Sharon, how is working life still? Eating well?! Xx Francine

Hello

Just had 8 days tramping the streets of Seville (temps 35*+) Cordoba (little cooller) and Granada (about 30*)

Fascinating but not a restful holiday!

Have some wonderful photos of the important buildings The Mequita (great) but the best was the tour of the Alhambra (3 hours just flew past)

Francine I hope all goes well tomorrow will thik about uyou.

I have had one implant, it was painful, then uncomfortable, still is sometimes. the best way I can explain it is that it feels like I imagine highly corsetted victorian ladies must have felt - movement suddenly makes a pull and reminds you not to 'strain'.

I like the look of it and now in normal bras even better, It did take a while for the swelling to reduce and it now has a slight natural droop as well (the original one is heading much lower LOL)

AS you all know I had healing issues and a 'bug' >

I have to say that now - nearly 8 months on (the New Year) I am satisfied and this holiday even began to show my cleavage again!

Hope that helps

Beryl x

Good luck for tomorrow Francine, let us know how you get on

x

Sharon

*Prayers

Hi all!
It is hard to believe it's been six months since the month that radiation started!
Yes still happily sleeping in my recliner Francine. Prays to you for some good news.
I still believe when we were given the names of the surgeon, oncologist and radiologist the shrinks name should have been there too! But I do find comfort here with the group and it has really helped me knowing everyone is marching! Bless you all.

Hi Sharon
So glad things are going well for you. I get my results on Thursday but am having a lot of pain with the thrice operated on boob. Have a big hard lump under the wound too. I'll let the surgeon have s look at it on Thursday. Might be time to say goodbye to it! Sending my love to everyone marching on. X Francine

Afternoon lovely ladies Smiley Happy

What day will you get your results Francine?  Will send some good karma your way the night before and on the day.

Pandorra so sorry you're still suffering, any chance of getting some stronger pain killers? Is it where nerve endings were cut or something to do with the wound not healing properly?

Hi Eileen, haven't heard from you in a while so lovely to see you here.  Like you the whole cancer thing seems to pop into my mind at some point everyday but less and less as time goes by.

Cheryl I hope life is improving for you, you've just had one problem after another recently so you must be due some stonkingly great good fortune soon to make up for all the hard times.  P'raps you should start buying lottery tickets?

Lovely to hear from you SueBee, sounds as if life it getting a bit better for you and about time too! 

Rose, hope you're feeling a bit better now, sounds like you've been having a horrible time of it.  It's all just a bit overwhelming really.

Lynn I'm sorry I can't be of any help, hopefully someone else can but I'm sending you a big hug.

Hooray for pretty bras Beryl, some compensations for all the hormonal woes at least. Bit jealous actually as I've never been able to wear pretty bras, mine look like a major engineering project!  

All good with me, I like my new job and seem to be coping OK with the hours, although I find that if I go out after work, even for a few hours, I struggle a bit the next day but hopefully that'll get better.   Boob still a bit swollen but nothing I can be bothered to worry about and no significant pain so I've been incredibly lucky. P'raps *I* should buy some lottery tickets too!

love to all

x

Sharon

Hi ladies, it's the 'not yet marching on' lady here! Waiting for the results of my third WLE next week, will be either mx or rads. I've been marching since January and it's getting boring now! Sending my love to you all, Rose, Beryl and Suebee across the water! Still sleeping in the chair?! Wonder how Sharon is getting on? X Francine

Although I tested negative for the BC gene I would gladly give up my ovaries. Why chance it. I had a double mastectomy back in January. No regrets! So soon I will have another surgery for the implants. The expanders can stay in upto a year I was told. I had radition and they wait months after that to do the next surgery. Although I would love to get rid of my stomach I'm not going through that I'm doing the implants and hoping for the best. Plenty of time to think about the next surgery if I want to change my mind. Good luck Lynne.

Hi ladies,

Its been a while since I have ventured onto the forum! 

I have been diagnosed with the braca 2 breast cancer gene and as a result of this 9 weeks ago I had my ovaries and fallopian tubes removed and I am now in the throws of trying to decide about having risk reducing surgery on my breasts. I am seeing a plastic surgeon next month to discuss the options,  ie bilateral mastectomy and no reconstruction or mastectomy and reconstruction. At the moment I am reading through a manual of all the different reconstruction techniques and all the possible side effects,  im finding it all quite daunting.

Can I ask have any of you ladies had or thinking of having similar?

Hope your all enjoying this late summer lol!

Take care,

Lynne xxx

Hi everyone,
Tough times indeed and I can empathise with what everyone here has said. I am told I am low risk so I should be moving on but like Beryl - and probably all of you - I do think about it every day at some point and there are always reminders. But we are here! So I am back at work but determined not to get stressed and to take every opportunity to do good things and enjoy life. Love to everyone xx

Said it before, worth repeating- this place is keeping me sane. It must have been so hard for women in our situation before the internet came along. Knowing that we share these feelings is so reassuring. Thanks for listening, and Beryl, I think those are very wise words. No-one ever accused me of UNDER-thinking anything, 

I've given myself permission to feel down for 3 more days, then all efforts will go into turning this mood around. Wish me luck!

xxxx

Hi Ladies!
So much loss...this is a tuff time in life when it seems the apple cart has been turned upside down. I can relate. And we are Marching for sure ladies. God Bless you all.
Sue

A friend sent me a thought which i printed out and have kept it with me since the dark days. It helped me so much:

Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess.
Just breathe, and Have faith that everything will work out for the best

Hi there

Oh Rose you sound so down.

It is coming up to the year anniversary fro me as well. ie when I had courage to go to GP. Life has changed so much in the year since.

OH is my biggest problem, he seems to be in a deep depression and I cannot lighten it. He was always there through the treatments and in fact as far as C goes still is - won't let me lift case etc. He has become very short tempered. A friend thinks he may be reacting to the last year and the trauma we have both been though.

Me

I think I have been given a life line - ready for anything - have made a bucket list which is just getting longer and longer. This holiday is the first thing to be checked off.

I am fortunate I know - no longer working.

When I had a hysterectomy some years ago, i changed my work ethic and decided there was more to life than work. I did carry on for  another 10 years or so but stopped letting it dominate my life

What I'm trying to say is that we should be looking forward not back.

Someone asked me if I think about it now, my reply was 'every day'. How can you not when your body

is mutilated and permanently uncomfortable

BUT i do have a future now. If it had been left I would not

Sorry if it sounds like preaching but i just think we should look forward, be positive for what we have rather than mourning for what we have lost.

Thinking of you all

Love Berylx

rose know how you feel and I think alot of us who have finished treatment feel the same.Friends and family think everything is now back to normal for you but I don`t think it will ever be.So just remember you are not alone in how you feel.I have my good days and my days when I feel depressed which I never had before CA and I`m trying to take one day at a time.The TV and radio dosen`t help with there CA advertisements you can never forget what youv`e had.Take care of yourself and you are not alone Hugs Sandra

Hi

Cheryl, I can totally relate to the work thing. Not sure if it's down to my current role being so damned mind-numbingly mundane, but it's a real struggle physically and mentally to get myself through each day. If I'm brutally honest, I really don't like the life I've been left with post-treatment, sometimes wonder what the point was of going through it all. Cancer stole my job, my confidence in the future, and all my energy.Plus my breast still hurts but I still have to say "I'm fine" if anyone asks, and keep up the smiley exterior. God, I'm a misery!!! It's hard to find joy in anything and there are so many good things happening which should be celebrated. Got a week's leave from work which has absolutely nothing planned in. Maybe some empty space will clear my head.

Sorry to moan, it's almost a year since this whole saga started, can't believe I ever had a life before BC.

I hope everyone else is feeling more optimistic?

Love 

Rose

Highlighted

Evening all, hope everyone has had good weekend.  I have got s new Fitbit so am very obsessive about walking 10000 steps a day so dogs are pleased as it means lots of walks especially if work has been a day of boring meetings.  I used to love my job, never saw it as work, but hate going in at the moment and dreadfully have been wishing I was off again.  My mums funeral was this week and it went well, as they can do.  Still can't quite believe it though.

sharon, am glad jib going well and hope you are resting at weekends so that you are recharging your batteries.

francine, hope you recovery is continuing and you are ok.  When do you get the results?

beryl, have a lovely,holiday and hope the sun shines for you and take care in the pool

rosemary, your fb photos are good, do hope work is going well for you.

well marchers, another tiring day so am signing off and bed here I come .  Hope you all have a fab week.

x x x x x x x x x 

Hi there all

Real problems with lap top, seems the hard drive is corrupted so am hanging on as well as I can.

Going on Spanish holiday on Tuesday so hoping it will last till then. I will then research properly its replacement

Right faff though - have to keep putting in passwords  - had to for here. One firm insists I haven't one, even though I have registerd a new one 3 times now - will leave it till new lap top now.

As for Anastrozole grrrrr!!!!. Everything aches and hands and fingers are agony when I first wake. Seem to be starting that carpal something syndrome (known side effect). Stiil will put up with it for as long as I can.

Physio is certainly helping with shoulder, such a simple set of exercises and making a difference.

Handwriting is rubbish and holding a pen/pencil not easy.

Good news BCN said I can have a go at swimming again but must shower and thoroughly clean immediately afterwards. (It's the bugs in the pools can cause harm). I have decided not to take cossie to Spain for that reason.

Oh joy though - I now have 2 pretty bras that fit and stuff - Not going overboard buying them yet though 'just in case'!

Hope all are perking up. Francine I hope you are continuing to improve and are taking ot easy (though I suspect you aren't)

Hi lovely ladies, been a while since i peeped in, busy sorting new furniture and deciding on a holiday. Great news with the job Sharon, take it easy. Sending love to all you lovely ladies and positive thoughts. Still getting horrible pain on the scar area, feels like millions of glass pieces.  I know I should have done more of the exercises and so trying to do now. Just hope it gets better by December as the thought of clamping when I have the mamo sends shudders. As for the anastrozole,  we can only hope it gets better. The hot flushes are horrid and some mornings I feel the stiffness in my joints.  I have been taking vit c drinks daily and I am sure I feel better. Oh well lets all rejoice together.  Lol xxxxxx

Glad to hear you're doing OK, albeit a bit zonked Francine.  How is your boob holding up? And I totally love the sound of that Biba coat, do you still have it?

Personally I think the best time to do a tax return is when your brain isn't working properly; it's the only way to not get massively irate with those endless forms Woman Frustrated!  I did mine a little while ago and am now planning a shopping spree with my mahooosive £77 refund. More Sainsburys than Hermés sadly. Why is it that when we owe them money it's always a five figure amount, but when they owe us some, we're lucky if it would cover a weeks supply of cat food?!  Still, I suppose any sort of refund would be good for you, if only because I suspect the hospital will start charging you rent soon...Woman LOL

love to you

x

Sharon

Lol Sharon! Thought it was rather a short job history! Mind you, in my youth, when jobs were plentiful, I did start a job in the morning and left it lunchtime! Just went out for lunch and didn't go back, naughty! Strange how memories come back, I remember I was wearing my brand new pink Biba maxi coat on that day. Still feeling very zonked after my op but after 4 ops and a 10 day stay in hospital in 6 months, I suppose it's not too surprising! Perhaps not the day to do the VAT return?! X Francine

Oops, brain still not working, I meant 'predecessor' not 'successor'.  And 'your' not 'you're'. Duh!

Morning ladies Smiley Happy

Cheryl I'm so pleased to hear from you but so sorry to learn about your dear Mum.  I found it comforting to be able to say last goodbyes so I hope it was the same for you and I'm sure she would have found comfort in knowing that she had her nearest and dearest with her at the end.  The work thing is sounding ridiculous now, what on earth are they playing at?! Sigh.  Must just make you long for the day you can move on to something else.  And now you've got your Dad to worry about too...it's just all too much sometimes isn't it.  Sending a huge great bear hug your way.

Francine I'm so glad to hear your WLE went well and you're home already, just the anxious waiting period to get through now *crosses all bendy bits for you*.  Sure you're right about work distractions being a good thing so I hope you're business is prospering now you're back at the helm.

Beryl that's sounding a bit miserable.  Oh these hormone treatments sound awful all round to me! Totally get not wanting more surgery, especially given the rough time you've had.  

New job is still going well and my handover with my successor finished on Friday so I get to go it alone next week - yay! Have felt a bit tired but I think that's because I haven't slept very well (mind permanently racing at the moment with work things).  Saw the lymphoedema nurse on Thursday and was told that the swelling boob is a result of radiation damage and 'drainage' problems.  Ewww, sounds a bit gross but at least it isn't anything serious to worry about so that's great.  I've got yet another cold sore now (second in the space of a month) so I think my immune system is still struggling.  Really need to make more of an effort to eat better and get some sleep.  Sure it'll all right itself eventually.

Hope you're all enjoying the bank holiday weekend

love to all

xx

Sharon

Hi Chez and Beryl

So sorry to hear your news Chez, such a difficult time for you and goodness knows where you get the strength to cope with it all. Life really is **bleep** sometimes. Beryl, I had a conversation with my surgeon yesterday about the Anastrazole, which is the same as Letrazole. I'm having hot flushes at night which really disrupt my sleep. He was quite insistent I should stay on it as it has proved very effective at reducing recurrence according to the latest studies. I suppose I'll just have to put up with them if it stops it returning. My 3rd lumpectomy went ok yesterday but they were very careful with me after the major problem I had with my bowel. Managed to get home the same day although not until about 6.30. Now have to wait 3 weeks for the results (more waiting). If it's a clear margin, then I'll probably have rads but if not it will be a mx. Have plenty to keep me busy with the business and an office move to arrange. Feeling quite groggy today, too much anaesthetic and morphine I think! Hope you're all having a good break, weather is very nice here in little Rutland today and I've resisted the urge to rush and put the washing out! Love Francine x

Hello again

Not sure if I have everything right here.

Sharon - hope your job is a good s you hoped and you are managing with tiredness that comes with working

Fracine - i think your op is coming up, still not sure what you are having done but I sincerely wish you well and success

Fuffs - very sorry to hear your news - it must be hard to mange everything. I am so pleased you had time to say goodbye -I found it so important and now - 18months on from my Mum leaving I take great comfort in the fact that we even had laughs with her on her final day.

The cancer stuff goes on - pretty crap side effects from Anastrozole and am now having physio which makes pain worse but movement better,

I am waiting for some fillets to even me up between the real and artificial boob and have finallty begun bio-oil. Not sure about the slug stuff though. BCN trying hard to persuade me to have an evening up op but so worried about having a recurrence of the dreaded infection at the moment it is NO

Hope all ae well 

Love beryl xx

hi all, have not forgotten you but my mum entered the final stages of her fight against cancer during the middle of July and died on the 16/8.  Fortunately she did not suffer for long and only needed strong painkillers 4 days before she went.  We, my sister and brother and I had the chance to say goodbye, something many don't get the chance to do.  Funeral on Tuesday and as the eldest I am doing the eulogy so hope I do her and my step father proud,  the news then went from bad fo badder as my dads bowel cancer has spread to live and lungs so he needs a stent fitted to buy some extra time.  My discipline investigation cleared me absolutely but my boss then decided to proceed under the performance procedure so I am now in the middle of sorting that out.  So not the best 6 weeks, but am still finding the energy to get up every morning and walk the dogs, have a Fitbit so every step counts.

francine, wishing you all the best for next Friday, you have the patience of a saint and it's not wonder you and OH are having a moment or 2, you have been under so much pressure......so good luck and I'm sending positive vibes from now till op.

sharon, real y pleased job going well, and of course you can do it, you are fab

love and hugs to all, have a good weekend and let's so lots of dancing for some sun x x x ☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️😀😀😀😀

Thank you Sharon. I think having to keep my business going has helped me to battle on, as you have to keep the money coming in. Couldn't have done it without the amazing support from my OH and I know I'm lucky there. Had a bit of a down day yesterday, not sleeping very well and everything seems worse when you're tired doesn't it. The Anastrazole is keeping me very warm at night, is all I can say! I might appreciate it in the winter of course. X Francine

Francine I think you win the prize for staying power, pretty sure most of us would be permanently curled up in a foetal position having gone barking mad with stress by now.  Roll on next Friday and I hope this will be the last time you have to go through it.  Will be thinking of you and sending every possible good vibe your way.

xx

Sharon

Well some of you may be moving on, she said with a wry smile. 😚 Suppose I will be one day, of course. So pleased for you all. Rose, lovely to hear all your news. Sharon, you'll do a fantastic job, it sounds lovely. Having my 3rd WLE next Friday and praying it will get a clear margin. They'll be keeping me in overnight and possibly extra day, to monitor my blood pressure and make sure I don't have any more problems with my bowel. If not clear, then mx. Me and the OH are feeling rather apprehensive about it all but it may be 3rd time lucky! Had my pre op assessment on Wednesday and the BCN said 'oh you again'. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry but I did the former of course. 😀😀 Tele in the room was showing a programme about humanist funerals, so cheery, lol. Onwards and upwards. Xx Francine

Morning all Smiley Happy

Great to hear from you all and I'm so pleased that we all seem to be moving beyond cancer-land although the weird side effects seem to linger don't they (my leftie is still swelling/changing shape like a lava lamp Woman Frustrated) Still, it isn't at all painful so compared to everyone else I've been very lucky.  Hope your side effects calm down soon Pandorra.

Lovely news about your daughter Rose.  

First week of new job survived and...I love it Woman Very Happywonderful surroundings, fantastic colleagues and interesting work. Whether I'll actually be able to *do* the job remains to be seen (feel like I've forgotten how to work after 18 months off) but at least I'll enjoy myself trying.  Kitkat baby is well and the whole cancer malarkey feels like a lifetime ago now although I do have an appointment with the lymphodema clinic this week.

Got my first annual check up booked now too - it'll be in November so I expect I'll be whimpering with fear at that point but for now, life is good.  If we can organise a get-together I'd definitely be up for it, would be so great to meet you all in real life.

love to all

x

Sharon

Hello, everyone!

Just a quickie to let you know that even though i've not posted for AGES, I'm still stalking you all on here!

At last the Tamoxifen gloom seems to be lifting, hurrah! Still have my own personal climate zone, but settling nicely into a 4 day working week, and beginning to feel the energy levels slowly rising, like a good yeasty dough.

Can't remember if I went public on this earlier, but my daughter (with the twins) has announced that she is expecting again. Can't decide if she's brave or mad, but it will only be the one this time.

How's the dog settling in, Beryl?

And let us know how the job and the trolloping is going, Sharon. And how is your kitty?

Cheryl, how are you? I was sorry to see your sad news on facebook.

Francine, what's the latest on your situation? Have they decided to write you up for the medical journals yet?

Pandorra- you have my sympathy. There is nothing worse than toothache.

Sue- old?? at 51??? you are a young sprig of a girl!

I spent a day in Scarborough with Judi (Ollisj) last week. Such fun and we had loads more to talk about than BC. We both think it would be wonderful to have a big group meeting, probably in London? The logistics would be a bit of a nightmare, but who else would be up for it?

Anyhow, nice to be peering over the parapet again.

Love to all

Rose xx

Hi ladies, hope everything going ok. The time is just racing, doesn't seem that long ago that we all met. Hope everyone getting orvhad their follow ups from rads. Sharon, have you started the job? Been thinking of you. Last week I finally had the dreaded tooth out. Oh, I was so brave. Starting to feel better now but can only eat on one side. Never mind, we've had worse haven't we!  Taking my daily vit C drink and I think I feel better, or is just cause I know I am taking it. Still not sorted the holiday, looking at Malta, any tips. And still got to sort insurance.  Have a good evening and thinking of you all lol xxxxxxx

Hi Francine and otheres

I only look on this thread now so don't know what your decision has been but am very pleased to hear that the BC team are very supportive . I wish you well.

Strange that Sharon, I was told on Monday I was lost in the system as well. Have now received my next years check up appointment - 8th August 2016 

Still waiting for the Mammogram one though for this season!

Had some physio today, have been given some execises which I may remember to do! Have to go back in 2 weeks for more manipulation of shoulder and neck etc

Lovely sounding trip to Brighton, shame it has had to be delayed. 10 days to go then Sharon

Catastrophe today - lost my mobile sometime between 3 and 4.30 ie on way to, at or on way home from hospital - Feel really down about it,- photos that haven't been transferred, phone numbers, and.... and.... and... 

Hi Francine,

Glad you're happy with your decision, progress at last which must be a big relief!

New job starts on 17th so I'm busy trying to enjoy my last days of freedom.  Had scheduled a trip to Brighton today on the train, with a friend, but we couldn't do it because the tube strike meant we couldn't get to the train station.  Bit annoying but hopefully I'll get to go next next week instead albeit on my own as friend will be away.  

Lovely BCN I saw on Monday has been super-efficient and organised appointments for me with the lymphoedema clinic and a follow up with the surgeons so I'm feeling much happier now that I'm back in the hospital system (was told I'd 'got lost' after radiotherapy but I'm suspect they just couldn't bear the thought of having to deal with me again, and I can't say I blame them Woman LOL)

xx

Sharon

Hi Sharon

Yep think it's the right decision. I'm very lucky to have such a good surgeon who discusses everything with both me and the OH. How's the going?

Hi Francine, just caught up with your news on the other thread, v glad to hear you're going for the less traumatic surgery given everything else that is going on, 28th will be here before you know it and I'll be spending the day willing a good outcome for you.  

xx

Sharon

Hi ladies. Have you missed me?! I had the booby day of all booby days last week and ,managed to put my iPhone through a hot wash in my dressing gown pocket! Needless to say, it was very dead when it came out but thanks to the fabric conditioner, smelt very nice! Looks like an insurance claim. Strangely enough, I don't miss it, quite liberating! Before BC, I would have been very annoyed about it but after everything, I just can't get wound up about it. It's only a phone after all and at least I'm not getting the PPI calls! Yep. I'm finally off to see the lovely BC surgeon tomorrow. I'll be discussing whether to have mastectomy, another bash at a WLE or no surgery at all perhaps. I have been thinking a lot about the latter lately, if there's only DCIS left, I might think about the 'watch and wait' approach.  I'm recovering quite well now after the bowel problem so the thought of another op and more recovery time concerns me. I'll have a good chat with him and take his advice on board. I'll have to be on daily heparin injections for a month after any surgery so that's not very pleasant either. Anyway, Sharon, how is the job going? Hope you're enjoying it. 

Thinking of of all you lovely ladies as you march on. What a time we've all had but we've discovered our strength and determination along the way. 💪💪💪👭👭 x Francine

Hi all!
I hope the lymphedema calms down for you ladies. It doesn't sound pleasant at all. Exercise and fluids are supposed to help to keep everything moving. I wish you well. Hopefully you'll both see improvement.
The vitamin D deficiency is also big with inflammation too. How much are you taking Sharon? I was told to take 2000iu not more than 5000iu. I just ordered vitamin K2 also. Something of the absorption of D needs K2. I'm reading about short term mega doses...Interesting.
I have my herceptin infusion today and tomorrow an ultrasound on my neck a follow up appointment looking at a hot spot for cancer...we'll see. Oh yeah and hopefully a shot of cortisone for my shoulder that has been hurting bad now for months. The xray says it's arthritis!
Fun stuff though...I have an outdoor concert after the infusion...seeing Elivis Costello and Steely Dan!!!
I'm tired of hurting all over in my joints like walking upstairs! I know exercise would probably help me too but I'm just feeling sore all over! Ugh! Old at 51! But I will enjoy the show!
Sue

Hi ladies, hope all ok and progressing. Thanks Sharon, will have a check if doesn't calm down. Really strange as somedays the nipple is very red and then back to normal, when I last saw my surgeon for a check he said the rads go on for some time. Good that you are goibg to be seen. Just had my results on thyroid, b12, iron etc, as doc said sometimes the rads affect. All good but I am taking vit c daily, or like Sharon, when I remember.  Count down to job start for Sharon, we will all be thinking of you. Lol to everyone and sending hugs xxxxx

Well done on going to breast clinic Sharon. My friend has lymphodoema in her arm and has to wear a special sleeve when it's bad. 

The image I had when I read your post - LOL

Been to hospital as well today - FINALLY am OK -(claps) now on annual check ups , mammogram check same intervals - will have an appointment shortly.

Trying to encourage me to have other boob 'made to match' but after the last few months very reticent so BCN is going ot order some filets to a)  find the right size and b) see how I get on with them 

I said I long to have a pretty bra again so she said buy one and will try a filet using it  - may mean I need lots of pretty bras Woman LOLWoman LOL

Hope the good news continues for Francine (well she gets some finality)and everyone else

beryl x

Hi ladies,

Pandorra I've been back to the hospital this morning to get my swelling boob checked and the lovely BCN I saw said it does look like breast lymphodema so she is referring me to the lymphodema clinic to see what we can do to stop it getting any worse. Might be worth you doing the same if yours is still swollen?

Francine I hope you're still OK, I know you're seeing your breast surgeon on Thursday so I'll look out for a post from you then but in the meantime, just wanted to wish you well for that.  Are you definitely having a mastectomy this time or are you considering whether you want to try another WLE?  Whichever way you go, remember it's your body and the surgeon works for your benefit so it's up to you to choose albeit having listened to their advice.

SueBee I'm sort of taking Vit D tablets (as in, when I remember Woman Very Happy) because I was prescribed them after some blood tests a year or so ago.  I've heard since then that an eminent breast cancer surgeon recommends them to all his patients but having come across that particular eminent surgeon before I have to say I take his advice with a very large pinch of salt as his speciality appears to be self-promotion via any old nonsense rather than actual peer reviewed research.

Hope everyone else is doing OK

xx

Sharon

Hi SueBH

I take cod liver oil capsules every day,(helped me ward off the bugs when teaching I am sure)I have done for years and docs said to keep on doing it. Not sure how my levels are, but this weariness could mean a lack of something else.

Our immune systems are all over the place anyway because of lack of Lymph Gland so............

Hi B, glad you have a much deserved break booked, not too many weeks to wait. Will look into the insurance but we know we will have to pay whatever. I used to sell medical insurance for travel and with the start of the first few questions they have you even people that had bc 10 years past were being made to pay quite a sum. Hope you improve once you start thevshoulder treatment. Like you, I often think we will always have some sort of TWINGE.  But, let's think positive and take any treatment that you believe may help. Still taking the antibiotics for this abcess, slowly getting better and then I must have the tooth out. Joy! Let us know once you start the treatment and sending lol xxxxx

Hi everyone,
Just curious with all our aches and pain how's everyone's vitamin d? The more I read on the subject of lack of the more interesting it is...cancer, autoimmune stuff. Your thoughts?
Sue

Hiya

We are going to Spain in September - yup - took me more than a day to source insurance.

DO NOT use search engnes - some of those came up as hundreds ££££'s just for one weeks holiday.

Think Pink is quite good and obviously sympathetic. On here Eurotunnel was recommended but I felt only worth it if an annual insurance taken out.

We ended up with 'Insurewith' which seems OK and the premium was "reasonable"

It's my special birthday/cancer free treat!

Lot of boob problems here, hopefully some of mine will be better once I start physio on my shoulder. I do wonder sometimes if I will ever be discomfort/sore free.

Love St Ives anyway 

B

Hi all, know the feeling Sue, you get home and think of bed and I only do 16hrs a week. Sharon you are right working in a medical centre is asking for it. Forgot about the travel insurance, be interesting to see how much. I so fancy st ives though. Re your swollen boob, I have exactly the same problem, leaving a mark where the bra cup goes! Think the other half enjoys my daily show of whipping of the bra and showing him the bigger boob!  Any advice helpfull.

Hope all doing ok, masses of love xxxxxxxx

Hi Pandorra and SueBee, so happy to hear from you both although life is sounding pretty miserable for you at the moment Pandorra.  Any chance you could take a few days off now just to relax a bit and give yourself time to recover?  I think you said you worked in a medical centre so you're probably catching every bug that walks through the door!  Both holiday destinations sound good to me, but I guess St Ives will be easier as you won't have to fuss about holiday insurance (haven't tried it yet but I'm told it is difficult/expensive to get cover to go abroad after a cancer diagnosis). And think of the cream teas, yum!

Sue you're so right about work, enjoying what you do makes all the difference doesn't it but I am a bit fearful about just not having the stamina the cope with full time work anymore.  Hope I'll get back into my stride quickly.  I start on 17th August so am trying to plan ahead a bit so that it isn't too much of a shock to my system.

For all my whinging and wailing about possible boob shrinkage after radiotherapy, in fact I've got the opposite problem now in that my treated boob has swollen over the last few weeks and seems to be swelling more each day.  It's now a full cup size bigger than the other one so I've had to go and buy more new bras and put stuffing in the smaller side Woman Frustratedif it doesn't settle down soon I think I'll have to ask for a referral to the lymphoedemea nurse to learn how to massage it properly. I'm getting impatient now and just want life to go back to normal!

love to all

xx

Sharon

Hi All!
Seems working 30 hours a week is a good distraction. I can't keep up with the forum as much as I'd like. I'm grateful to be working for now. Some days though after 7.5 hours and really no break to speak of I come home eat and fall asleep in my chair that I've made my bed for the last seven months. It's really good to love what you do and to enjoy those you work with. I'm blessed that way. Still not taking Tamoxifen and feeling a little quilty over it. My joints still ache/thinking it's herceptin. And a shoulder arm issue not sure what that's about. Well wishes to everyone!
Sue

Congratulations Sharon,  well done. Just take it easy, day by day and I am sure all will fall into place. Just think of the new people you will meet and maybe some new friends. Don't overdo it. Will be thinking of you, please keepnus updated. When do you start. I have had a crappy time sine moving as inherited a head cold, lost my voice, other half so pleased and then on Sunday the start of a tooth abscess.  So much pain and antibiotics seem to be taking for ever albeit just 24 hours today. Once again told immune system is still very low so bought some vit C tabs as can't drink orange juice due to acid. Anyway onwards and upwards as they say, but soooooo fed up with pain! We have certainly been tested haven't we girls. Hope everyone is keeping ok. Looking to book a holiday for September and can't decide on greece or st ives. Do we want hassle of airports?  Any thoughts appreciated.  Sending love and everything else which is special to you all xxxxxxxxx