63455members
333941posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MARCHING Together

Re: MARCHING Together

So lovely to hear the good news coming in, hoping for even more for you Cheryl and Beryl *bendy bits all crossed*

As always, definitely up for cake to celebrate (although I've eaten half a dozen mince pies, a slice of blueberry tart and a very posh bread & butter pudding already today, but there's always room for more isn't there Woman LOL)

xx

Sharon

So happy for you Sandra. You must feel so relieved.   Enjoy your cruise, you certainly deserve it. Lol xxxx

HI all had my first mamogram today and I PASSED no cancer present.So we booked a cruise for december it will be our first holiday since diagnosed.Good luck to anyone else having a mamogram Hugs Sandra

Best wishes to all, mammos whatever you are having. Where has this year gone. I think with everything we have had to take in and more, our days have flown past. Thinking of all, great to share our experiences. Lol xxxxx

Good luck Cheryl sending lots of love xxxxxxx Judi

Good luck for today Cheryl. Rose, definitely a day for cakes, make mine a cream donut please! Love to everyone else. Today is no 16 of my 26 zaps, they've added an extra one the buggers! Skin holding up well so far but could be famous last words! Me and the Aqueous Cream are having a love affair and we meet up twice a day!

Hope it all goes well tomorrow, Cheryl. And once again you are finding positives in the grim. I LOVE your spirit!
A year tomorrow since I got the official diagnosis. Is that reason to celebrate? At the very least a good reason for cake, I think. A whole year since I got mixed up with you lovely lot of people. Thank you once again for helping me through the madness of the last 12 months.
Love to all
Rose xxx

Hi, thanks for all your kind words, means a lot.  Mammogram tomorrow, so thanks for tip re painkillers and then a meeting with the ms nurse, whereupon I am going to be told it's all a big mistake !! As you can see I am still in the denial stage on the grief curve!!!!  On the plus side I read an article today that said chocolate is very good for those with ms, so there's always an upside!!!!! Lots of love and hugs X X X 

Hi ladies had my first mammogram since diagnosis fingers and toes crossed I'm so glad I took a painkiller before hand it was rather sore but it's done now hopefully results will come,through quickly love judi x

Hi there

Have to thank you ladies - not panicing at all, it's all part of life but am taking myself to docs this afternoon to have these pains checked - decided it's best.

Thanks as well for the suggestion of taking a pain killer before the mammogram - not sure if they do both or just the intact one. I would think it will be the intact one. Will know next week.

Let's hope we can all have an All,Clear party Heart

beryl x

Just a reminder of how amazing we are. Not only have we faced and overcome most people's ultimate nightmare when we were diagnosed last year but we have survived with intact sense of humour and most of our sanity. Hurrah for the Marchers!!!

Hi all it`s good to hear that others are due there mamogram this week like me.I`m having mine on wed 18th nov and the thought is terrifying.It doesn`t seem a year since BC was found on a routine mamagram.It was a good idea to take a pain killer before it I will try that .Good luck to all of you having it this week lets hope we all get good news Hugs Sandra 

Fab news Sharon. Can't believe it's nearly a year since I found you lovely ladies what a journey we've all been on and some of us are still on it, lol. Don't know what I would have done without you all, keeping me sane, or sort of! Restarted my rads today and the nuggets have added an extra day! So still another 12 sessions to go, finish on 02 Dec. They've rescheduled my session on 30 Nov so I can get to the carols, not missing that for anything. Xx. Francine

Gosh, lots of mammos coming up. Mine won't be till January as I have to wait til a year after my 2nd surgery. Looking forward to all the all-clears coming in and hoping to join the party later. DON'T EAT ALL THE CAKE!!! Xx

Hi Sharon just read your post and I am so pleased for you you definitely sound more chirpy I had a meltdown this afternoon I just burst in to tears and yet again rosemary came to my rescue with her kind words I phoned my wonderful breast care nurse and she rang me back with some good news my original mammogram was scheduled for next Tuesday but she has managed to get me in tomorrow morning I can't tell you how pleased I am but I will take your advice and take some painkillers before hand lots of love to everyone love Judi x

Well done Sharon, you are so right with your thinking.  No matter what we may have to go through, we really are that little bit stronger and wise because we have experienced the dreaded C!   I was thinking about the pain when I have my mammo, so will take your advice re paracetamol.   Hope all will be good but as you say, we would just get on with it.

Put your feet up and maybe a glass of wine, or good old tea.  Again,  hugs and love to you all xxxxxxxxxx

Ladies, you are so right: the courage of you all when faced with set backs is just incredible.  

For those who have still to have their mammograms, something I wish I'd done was to take a painkiller an hour or so beforehand as having the treated one squished was a whole lot more painful than I remember from last year.  Which makes sense really but I just hadn't thought about it.  

Isn't it amazing what a difference a year can make! This time last year I was having a meltdown over having a core biopsy with the benefit of local anaesthetic and today I had one without local anaesthetic and didn't bat an eyelid.  And I am completely calm, in fact cheerful, about the possibility of another WLE and rads if it turns out to be a problem. I'll still feel faint/actually faint every time I have to have a blood test mind, but hey, that's progress right? Woman LOL

Love to you all.

Hello

I came here for a peep and a chat and oh dear - if you read back a week or so things seem so dire bUT then you read the last few days and you realise what a strong bunch of women we all are.

I'm a bit worried as well, and at the should I go to GP shouldn't I go stage = bad back. Think I may go, Aso getting pains in and around my artificial boob

Fingers seize up sometimes as well and my nails are rubbish - someone else was saying about toe nails lifting. GP gave me cream which was Ok for both nails and patches of dry skin and cracking on fingers.

First mammogram next week - keep feeling other breast just in case

Do wonder if mammogram will show up anything as last year it didn't show anything up and there were 2 lumps only found with MRI

Think we are all becoming aware that it is only a year and our journeys are not over

I feel  very proud that you  are coming through this despite the pitfalls and still remain so positive and to have 'known' you all

You give me strength

Hope all other test treatments are as you want them (positive to you)

Beryl xx

Typing at the same time...
Phew ! I suppose there will come a time when we don't assume any pain or twinge is related to BC. It'll be a while yet though xx

Well said, Pandorra!
Sharon, how did you get on today? xx

Phew! 

Hi lovely ladies, so relieved that the tests today don't suggest any form of secondaries.  The Consultant I saw today said the lymph nodes were probably just swollen from a sinus infection I had a few weeks ago and, although the ultrasound showed a lump in my 'good' boob which they biopsied, it doesn't look as if it will be cancerous so I'm not worried about that.  Even if it is, at least it would be treatable.  Got a huge grin on my face as I type this Woman Very Happy

Really hope we're not going to have to go through this every year as none of us are having a great time are we!  Stupid cancer.

Just want to send every one of you a big THANK YOU hug for the virtual handholding throughout this latest little episode, can't tell you how grateful I am to be part of your gang.

xx

Sharon

Just want to let you all know I am thinking of you. All our different experiences make us truly special and I also want to say that without being able to come here amongst phenomenal ladies I for one would have felt a little lost. Sharons friend obviously doesn't realise just how special Sharon is, but we have that honour.  It's normal for us to panic over absolutely anything and some days are worse than others, so let's carry on with our wonderful support.  Hugs to all xxxxxx

Hi Cheryl. Don't know what I can say to make you feel better but just wanted to send you a BIG hug. You have had such a bad time and now the MS. at least now it's diagnosed they can treat you properly. All I can say is that life is **bleep** and horrid things seem to happen to the nicest people. Xx Francine

Can't think of anyone  else I'd rather be stuck with rosemary  you have been a good friend  to me through this journey I wish we had met in different circumstances but like all of us on this journey  at least we have each other like I said before my hubby and other friends have been brilliant but they don't get me sometimes and I don't like to always be ringing them when I have a wobble so I come on here or message rosemary and pester her!!!!!! Love judi xxx

Highlighted

Sharon, hi thank you and for your kind offer.  I was sorry to read about your current situation and I hope Monday goes well for you, am sure it well, lots of positive thoughts & hugs X X 

And Judi- sorry but you are now my 3rd sister so you are stuck with me! Xx

Cheryl, sending so much love. Give me a yell if you need to rant at any time. Such dreadful news xxx

Hi everyone lovely to read about how everyone is getting on I can't believe it is coming up to a year since diagnosis I had a meltdown the other day as I'm due my first mammogram since diagnosis I had two lots of chemo I was supposed to have four but developed sepsis so I didn't have the remaining two I had three weeks of radiotherapy and am currently still having herceptin I finish in January the worst bit for me at the moment is the hormone therapy dreadful joint pain I feel about 90 somedays I met up with rosemary and we had a brilliant day back in the summer paddling and eating fish and chips fantastic day we have and will most definitely remain friends hopefully we would like to get a group together and all meet up lots of love to everyone love judi xxx big hug to chez and gerbera xxxxx

Oh Cheryl I'm so so sorry to hear what a rough time you've been having and such awful news about the MS/stroke mis-diagnosis.  My heart goes out to you and I'm sending you gentle hugs right now and through all the days ahead.

Not sure there is anything I can say or do to help, but you know I'm here if and when you want to talk/scream/cry and I'll happily jump on a train to come give you a hug in person anytime you need one.

Take good care of yourself

xx

Sharon 

Dear All

firstly a big sorry for being rubbish at keeping in touch the least few months, after my mum died in August, I got the news that my dad was terminal so for last 10 weeks have been absorbed in helping my stepmum look after him in the final stages.  Both dying of cancer has freaked me out and dad dying last week, I thought the all time low I was at could not get any worse.  However on Thursday I have been diagnosed with multiple schlerosiS. The other news is that my treatment plan was based on my being at risk of another stroke as I had had one in 2011.... However it now turns outs that it was not a stroke but the onset of MS. So having had an unnecessary forced menopause as well as not having chemo am quite frightened that some little blighters might have escaped.  I could rationalise it when I weighted it up against the risk of another stroke but not so now.  Have my mammogram next week so it's all been a bit relentless trying to be brave but am very shocked and emotional. sending all a hug and lots of love X X X 

Thanks for all the support lovely ladies, it's so comforting to know you're all here no matter how difficult it gets.

I'm doing OK and not getting myself too worked up, although noticing every little twinge now and assuming it's real rather than my mind playing tricks but, either way, I should know more soon enough.  Saw a different consultant this time and liked him immensely; hope I get him again on Monday.  His nurse calls him the Hairy Egyptian and he was a lot like a big cuddly teddy bear which is great, because I think I might be in need of a hug.

Keep on keeping on Francine, only another 2.5 weeks to go and it'll all be history and you can get on with being full-on fabulous again. 

Thanks again lovely ladies.

xx

Sharon

Hi Sharon. Yep, I have a friend like that, well actually I don't think 'friend' is a very good term for her. She says she's found my diagnosis 'hard to cope with', poor thing! Only been in touch twice in the last year and one of those was to tell me that she felt depressed, sorry I wasn't very sympathetic. Anyway, I'm so sorry to hear you've got some pesky lymph nodes playing up. They are only doing their job, battling some sort of infection I would say. Mine were the same before I was admitted to hospital recently and they are still sore. Starting my rads again on Monday so just need to get through another 12 without going down with anything else. Might start wearing a face mask, lol. I have to say that my skin held up very well during the last 13 zaps so hoping it will stay like that for the next 12. The consultant seems to have been correct, 25 lower dose sessions causes less problems than 15 bigger ones, famous last words! Xx Francine

Sharon, with friends like that who needs enemies Woman Sad. Will be thinking of you on Monday and keeping my fingers firmly crossed for you. I suppose it may very well be just an annoying infection.

xxx Margaret 

Sharon darling, deep breaths. We got through the last year together and we will get through the next many years. It will probably turn out to be an infection but whatever it is you got it early and it's being attended to very quickly.I relate completely to how you feel, I was there a couple of weeks ago. Please don't panic . You know your friends on here are offering 100% support.
Love Rose xxx

Sharon, I am so sorry and pray that everything will turn out alright. I hope your friend can understand alittle bit better if you ask for assistance but it sounds as though you will need to ask. Sorry for that too. Stay strong. We're here.
Prayers to Europe for peace during this time of such hatred and unstable times. Stay safe and God bless.
Sue

Afternoon all,

Just back from annual check up: swollen lymph nodes under both arms and collarbone so I've been referred back for more tests on Monday.  The fact that they've bumped someone from Monday to make room for me is scary in itself but, much to my surprise, I'm not panicking as yet, just fed up. Not the best birthday present I've ever had...

Phoned my friend to say that I didn't feel like going on my planned birthday outing with her tomorrow given the news and her reaction was not to worry, the weather forecast for tomorrow was grim so she didn't want to go anyway.  No offer of support of course.  Same friend who I used to see/speak to pretty much every day and went on holiday with just before my original diagnosis who then didn't speak to me for over a month because she found it all too difficult...poor thing, must have been so hard on her. Grrrrrr!

Got my Candlelight Concert ticket too Francine, so hopefully will meet you there (no hugs for you though by the sounds of it, you'll be too sore and peely-skinned!)

Lovely to hear from you SueBee, so glad you've nearly got to the end of the treatment road, albeit with dodgy sounding fingernails!

xx

Sharon

Hi All!
Me too Francine, I meant "add to" not "had to"! Lol. A bit of a game/something to figure out! Haha.
So I now have a new issue...my nails! They seem to be white and weak and I don't know how to describe it but pulling away from underneath so it looks like my nails have grown long but really just the nail is off the skin. Good grief. I won't even ask what's next?!? Strange. Grateful it's not painful. Nothing is normal anymore but everything is ok for today.
Bless you all!
Sue

Not sure what whelking means! Dyslexic fingers tonight and using an iPhone doesn't help. I meant wheel me around!

Nearly at the finish line then Sue, you might actually get to sleep in a bed again one day, ha ha. Starting my rads again on Monday, delayed after my recent stay in hospital. Sharon, got my carol concert tickets today, have you had yours? Will be on the 24 day of my rads now, so you may have to whelk me around, only joking I refuse to miss it, so will ask for morning appt and go up after. Should be there in time for a spot of lunch! Love to all xx

Hi Ladies!
Sorry to hear all the struggles! I can certainly had to....haha! But I too am grateful I will be wrapping up my cancer treatment on Wed the 18th this will be my final Herceptin infusion! !!! Time to celebrate! !!!
Hang Tough Ladies...as my dad would have said.
Sue

Woohoo Rosemary!  Does it sound horrible if I say how pleased I am that you've 'only' got a curved spine and arthritis? Delighted for you that it wasn't the news we feared and I'll join you in applauding the NHS when it comes to dealing with the serious stuff.

And yes, totally ashamed of myself re the blood test but I think it's a family thing - both my brother and my Dad faint every time they have a jab!  At least I manage to stay upright SOME of the time Woman LOL

EDIT

Think our posts crossed Francine, just wanted to say I'm so pleased you've decided to carry on, means you'll never have to wonder 'what if..' and I hope you start feeling a bit better soon

xx

Sharon

Oh Rose what great news, how ridiculous that sounds! The weird world of breast cancer makes us grateful for being told we have something wrong with us! Sharon, good news for you too then. It's a dangerous game to look at your blood test forms! I went to see the rads consultant today with my husband and had a very good discussion. He was very sympathetic but made it quite clear that my Grade 3 invasive tumour made it imperative I continue. We agree that I would recommence next Monday, so I could have this week to fully recover and they would add the missing ones on. As I haven't had too long a break, they won't need to add any extras on, hooray. Feeling a lot better now I've agreed a plan with them. Xx Francine

Well I have good news. Never thought I'd be so happy to be told that I have curvature of the spine and lots of arthritis hot spots. But NO SIGN OF METS!!!
Sharon , I'm surprised at you! After all you've endured over the last year and a blood test makes you faint!!
Seriously though if I've learnt anything over the last couple of weeks it's that we expect the worst from every little symptom but it isn't necessarily so. And that the NHS is brilliant. Two weeks from first presenting at the GP's with neck pain and I have had xrays, bone scan and cleanse. Isn't that amazing?
Francine how did your discussion go? Have you come to a decision which you're at peace with?
Love to all
Rose xxx

Hi lovely ladies,

Got to see my GP this morning and she tells me the ache/discoloured arm thing is to do with fibrosis from the radiation Woman Sad but it seems to be on the mend now so I've stopped panicking, although I'll raise it with the surgical bods when I see them at the end of the week.  

GP was quite insistent that I have a blood test there and then but, in my usual wussy way, I started to faint as she jabbed the vein in my hand so she couldn't do it and I begged her not to try again! I've promised her I'll get it done at the hospital later this week instead as they have a team who do nothing but take blood all day and are very skilled at it.  Looked on the blood test form she has given me and notice she is asking the blood to be tested for CA125 which is a marker for ovarian cancer (gulp!)

Still, on the plus side I am much calmer today and she did manage to inflict a flu jab on me before I could protest so at least I'm unlikely to get that!  

Annual hospital check up has been moved from this Thursday to Friday, which is my birthday, so I hope it'll be celebrations all round *casts a pleading look heavenwards*

Sorry to be going on about myself the whole time, cancer has made me self-obsessed!  Hope you're all doing OK?  Francine, have you made a decision about the radiotherapy yet?

love to all

xx

Sharon

Sharon, old mate. Thinking of you. Please let us know how you get on. Xx

Still have the mammo to go, dont we all spend our time worrying!   Let us know how you get on Sharon, thinking of you xxxxx

Thanks Pandorra, will definitely get it checked tomorrow as I don't want to spend the next 4 days fretting about it if it turns out to be something minor.  Really pleased to hear you're healing well and survived your annual check OK.  Must be a relief.

xx

Sharon

Hi Sharon,  it's awful when we get something and then go through the self diagnosis,  but it's normal for us all. Make sure you are seen as the self torment is horrible.  I had my check up last week and they are happy with how the healing is going. Still some time before niggly pain disappears.  Just waiting for the mammo appt for Dec.  Sending everyone good thoughts and hugs xx

Do that. It's probably nothing but best to set your mind at rest. We live in a weird fearful world post-BC. Xx