Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MARCHING Together

Highlighted

Re: MARCHING Together

Good for you Jill. Keep smiling! xxx
Highlighted

Hi to everyone and thank you all lovely ladies for your kind words x wat an inspiration and comfort you all are , well my treatment was changed as the c was found in nodes , so Instead of recon etc in jan I had a mascetomany on the 22nd x lovely christmas present , 13 nodes were removed I'm seeing doc on 7th jan so will no more then I guess , op was,nt as bad as I thought but the armpit and node removable so painful, 

I finially manage to take my first look at the no boobie bits and must admit had a complete melt down , my wonderful little 27 year old soldier came and stayed as I live alone and was such a big support , silly mummy crying all the time and moaning about how I look , 

but today I've thought hey ! who the ..... Cares I'm 57 and I'm here  and love reading all your lovely thoughts and stories , bless you all , just wish we cud all meet up , you have all kept me somewhat sane over the last 8 weeks ,,,,, with love 

Jill 

Highlighted

Helloooo!!!!!

Sorry I've not been here to wish everyone Happy and Jolly Christmas - my trusty old lap top died and I am having to use a new one. I have had it a while but to this computer illiterate using it has terrified me!!!

Anyway here I am Windows 10 ing with a touch screen. Sounds wonderful except my fingers just won't touch in the right places because they are so stiff and I often end up somewhere I didn't expect.

No real excuse for not sending good wishes. I think the letter I received has made me box up last year and now I can only look forward - I feel that is what you all are doing

It was lovely to have my family here and those ooop norff we skyped on Christmas day, so we were together .

Now it's nearly New Year so I wish you all a healthy and Happy New Year.

I often think of you all and thank goodness I found you all on this forum. It has pulled me through and made me ealise that being POSITIVE is the only way forward

Sorry this is a bit rambling but I hope you know what I mean

Love Bery xxxxx

Highlighted

Just had a great Xmas with all my family in Norfolk. Feel like I have turned a corner now! Goodbye to a rubbish 2015 and looking forward to a good 2016 for all of us. Lots of love ,luck , happiness and health to all the strong women on here. Thanks for helping me through this far! xxx
Highlighted

Hope all you lovely ladies had a good Xmas Day. Wet and windy here in Somerset. Had a lovely Xmas Day with all our family, a day I thought may never come. There were 14 for lunch and two dogs! X Francine
Highlighted

Good evening and the very best of wishes to you all for a Happy Christmas and a healthy New Year. This will sound like the rambling of a drunken old fool but I am completely sober! I can't thank you all enough for listening to me when I thought I would go mad with fear and for sharing your own thoughts. Your support over the past year saved my sanity(such as it is!) if not my life. You are an amazing bunch of women and I have been so lucky in finding you.
I love you all very much
Rose xxxx
Highlighted

Evening lovelies, just wanted to send you all my very best wishes for Christmas and the coming year, what a year we have had.  And yet we have weathered it, with all its crap, together and I can't thank you enough for being there, with wise words and comforting messages.  The year has taken its toll on me, with the cancer, my parents and the ms diagnosis but sharing and seeing all,your posts has given me a great deal of comfort. And for that my virtual friends, a huge thank you. ,sending all my love, big virtual hugs and wishing you the best of Christmas's with your dearest ones. Lots of love Cheryl X X X X 

Highlighted

Happy Xmas all my lovely ladies! Sending you all hugs and kisses for a joyous time. Can't believe I'm actually in Somerset sharing Xmas with all my family. There was a time I thought I wouldn't make it I must admit. Without you lot I think I may have given up and I'm eternally grateful that I found you all on the forum. Lovely to meet you Sharon at the carols, hoping to meet everyone else one day, perhaps next year? Celebrating today as it's the 1st time I've gone without a dressing on the boob, hooray. Still a bit hot but cooling all the time. Seems an eternity since I was diagnosed last January but actually spotted the strange pucker on the boob last Xmas Eve. So today is the anniversary of the day that may have saved my life. To spend Xmas with my family is very special for me and I hope everyone else has a lovely day too. XxFrancine
Highlighted

Morning all Woman Happy

Great to hear you've got the dreaded mammo out of the way Pandorra and hope it will be nothing but good news.  SueB I expect it is a bit of a relief not to be facing surgery for a few more months isn't it?  Or were you hoping to get it done quickly?  Sure you're right though that it's better to wait for the radiation to finish cooking you.

Today is my anniversary of joining the forum, I'd been stalking you all for a few weeks before I plucked up the courage to start posting.  I remember sitting here last Christmas Eve feeling so low and worried and it was an enormous relief to be able to reach out to you all and get such comforting responses.  Said it before but it bears repeating: you ladies are just wonderful, you made the whole experience tolerable and I'll be eternally grateful for the support you gave me.  Big thanks and HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

Love to all

xx

Sharon

Highlighted

Hi my special ladies, can't believe xmas is here, almost. Well, had the dreaded mamo today and it really wasn't that bad.  Had the same lady from last year and she was a great help. So, see my surgeon on 22nd with results  and what will be will be. Oh dont we go through some  c...!  Felt strange being there as the last time, January, I  had that wire hanging from my boob.  Anyway, hope everyone is ready with wine, champagne bucks fizz to hand and maybe a slice or two of turkey. Wish you all the best phenomenal xmas, the best phenomenal new year and phenominal health and happiness.  Love and trillions of xxxxxx

Highlighted

A very merry Xmas to you Sue and all the best for 2016. At least you have got your surgery scheduled at last. My boob is healing slowly and cooling down! It is rather a fetching shade of brown with a hint of charcoal, so fashionable! It's a great shape too, bit like someone has run over it! Xx Francine
Highlighted

Hi Everyone!
Wishing everyone a Very Merry Christmas! Wonderful news Sharon to enjoy the Christmassy season.
Life can be so hard hearing about so much loss. My condolences. My mom passed three years ago New Year's Eve an hour into the new year 2013. I miss her everyday. But somehow someway we do march on even if it is sadly. I too am grateful for this forum.
Well here's my update I won't have my next surgery until May! Shocking. Found out it must be an entire year from the completion of radiation...apparently I'm still cooking. Well better to wait I guess for best results because so many women have complications.
And I must wine and complain a little bit, yesterday my other shoulder/arm gave out! Something else to address with more Dr's. But the good news is I work today then I'm off until next year which is a fantastic break! Looking forward to the holidays!
Wishing peace and love to all. And prayers for next year to be kinder and easier to us all physically and mentally!
Sue
Highlighted

Hello everyone. I too have 'shut the shop' for Xmas now and we're off to Somerset to be with my family for Xmas. Older sister has flown over from South Africa to be with us all. I must confess it's something I thought I might not be able to make earlier this year but here I am, finally marching on! Will be thinking of you Pandorra on Wednesday. Sharon, enjoy yourself and feel fee to over indulge. Sending love and a very merry Xmas to everyone. Xx Francine
Highlighted

Evening lovely ladies Woman Very Happy

Well I've just finished work until the New Year and will be out and about enjoying myself for the next few days (in amongst a billion errands that still need doing of course) so just wanted to wish luck to Pandorra and anyone else who has check-ups due this week, fingers crossed that it all goes well for you.

Love to all

xx

Sharon

Highlighted

I was just wondering how you were Sharon. Sorry to hear you're a bit under the weather but glad you have no other not so good news. There's no doubt that rads do take a toll on your body. I'm sure that's why I ended up in hospital in the middle of them with a bad throat infection. Pleased to say the boob is starting to heal now that I have been given the right dressings. Still feels very hot so obviously I'm still cooking! Believe it or not I had an appt come through for a follow up mammo in January. The thought of having the poor boob squeezed at the moment makes my eyes water! They obviously haven't taken on board that I had my treatment delayed so I've only just finished. I'll have to call them in the morning. Can't wait until Friday when we shut the business for Xmas and don't reopen until 4 Jan. We're off to Somerset on the 23rd to spend Xmas with the family. My sister is flying over from South Africa and it will be the first time us three sisters have all been together at Xmas for many years. It will be some celebration for sure. Love to everyone. X Francine
Highlighted

Evening lovely ladies Woman Happy

I'm so pleased to hear everyone sounding a bit perkier as check-up results come in, so great to hear good news after good news, so hope you'll hear the same on 23rd Pandorra (and don't forget the painkillers before the mammo does the squishy thing!)

I'm more cheerful now that it seems I don't have the cancer thing to worry about (sure they'd have called me back already if there was a problem with the mammo pictures) but I've had a horrible sinus infection again with swelling and popping blood vessels in my nose so not a pretty sight.  And yesterday a tonsil infection started so I guess my immune system is still not up to par (damn that life-saving radiotherapy!)  Still, just another week at work and then a whole fortnight off and I love all things Christmassy so other than feeling a bit yuk life is good.  Right, off to anaesthetise myself with some home-baked Christmas muffins now (not baked by me I hasten to add Woman LOL)

Love & big hugs to all

x

Sharon

Highlighted

Hi all my lovely ladies, Eileen i can just imagine you hurtling that stupid woman across the room. When you hear some of the whinging couldn't you just scream!  Jill, stay with us on this incredible site where you can shout,laugh, cry whatever and we are all here to help. Try and stay positive and above all normal. Waiting is awful Sharon, but it sounds reassuring when there's nothing to be biopsed, dont think that's  a word but you know what I mean.  Are you still in your job?  Dreading the mammo on 23rd as the thought of them crushing this boob makes my stomach churn, but will take paracetamol and put a 'bit' between my teeth. Well done francine, you certainly deserve a crate of champers, go careful on driving. Hope everyone else is ok, love and xxxxxxxxx millions of wishesxxxxxxxxxxxx 

Highlighted

So glad things are going well for you Beryl. I'm pleased to say the boob is starting to heal slowly now and I'm feeling much better in myself. I'm looking forward to seeing all my family at Xmas especially my sister Jenny who is coming over from South Africa I haven't seen her for 5 yrs. Hope Sharon is OK. Love to all. Francine x
Highlighted

great Beryl. Hope 2016 continues to be good for you too. Onwards and upwards. Jealous of your crazy dog.I used to have a mad spaniel.The worst thing he did was chew through the table leg causing the table to collapse when i had served Sunday lunch to my then mother-in-law xx
Highlighted

Can't find anything to biopsy - what is going on Sharon. What a worry I'm not surprised you are feeling down.

Fracine so very pleased you are finally healing and Eileen you seem to be as well.

In 2014 my Mum died, then my lovely dog and then THE DIAGNOSIS.

This year has been one of recovery from all of that.

Mum's  boxes are finally out of the loft for me to sort through as I am ready to do it now 

It has also been one of slow recovery and I now feel really good in myself.

I am finally losing the weight I put on at beginning of year (medics recommendation), I have a new (crazy) dog and today I had a letter from the consultant about my results. The last sentence says::

This is highly reassuring

Tears from both of us.

I really feel for you all and just hope with all my heart that you continue to improve and are able to put this year behind you

Lots of love

Berylxx

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

Thanks for those lovely kind words Jill - you sound like you have been through a lot yourself and these forums always helpful particularly when you are feeling down. keep telling myself bad things happen in 3 s so hopefully I'm done for a while - BC, Mum ,then Dad - quite enough for now!  Got back from burying Dad yesterday to discover a blocked drain - so year ends literally in poo!

Sorry things still not going as smoothly as they should Francine - putting it mildly!  - and hope things improve for you too Sharon.

This has been such a hard year. Think my most surreal moment was the morning I came into work after my diagnosis, told everyone in the Department and then 10 minutes later had to listen to one of them moaning on about a paper cut which reaaaaalllllly hurt! Restrained  myself from walloping her and causing some real pain. 

Love to all xxx

Highlighted

Hello everyone and welcome to Jill. So sorry to hear some of the really sad things that have happened to you all, losing loved ones during a really difficult time. Today would be my mums 105th birthday if she was still alive and although she passed away in 1992 I still miss her a lot. My dad died in 1980 and I miss him too. Doesn't matter how old you are you still feel it. Still feeling rather strange now that my treatment has finished after a year. My husband had an ENT appt today and I went with him. It felt so odd not being the patient for a change and I had to remind myself not to take my top off,lol. Still battling with the sore boob and having it dressed by the nurse at the GP. There seems to be some improvement now that I have the right dressings but still a way to go. Sharon, sorry to hear you're feeling down and things didn't go as planned. Still I suppose it's a good thing that they didn't find anything to biopsy. How long will it be before you get the mammo results? Sue, soon you'll have a lovely new set of boobs but sometimes it seems it will never end doesn't it. Love Francine x
Highlighted

Evening ladies and hello Jill, welcome to the boards!

Went for my core biopsy today and the consultant (yet another one I hadn't met before) couldn't find anything that needed biopsying so I just had some more mammogram pictures done and was sent away again.  Not really sure how I feel about that to be honest other than tired and low still.

Glad to hear others are moving ahead and good luck to everyone still waiting on their follow up checks or next stage of treatment.

love to all

Sharon

Highlighted

Hi Everyone! I totally support you Francine! Congratulations on your completion! !!! How is the skin now? Today I finally see the plastic surgeon to get my surgery date to have the expanders out and implants in! Freaks me out a bit...another surgery. My husband is deceased and I think about getting all my financial affairs in order but have work to do! And hope for the best. I must say my armpit nodes are feeling strange kind a like at the beginning of diagnoses/burning. I will let him know today. God definitely has a greater plan. Thy will be done. God bless you all!
Sue
Highlighted

WEll Jill you have had a rough time of it as well.

Most of us on here have been through the rough part of the journey and are coming out the otherside with sense of humour intact, if not our boobs!

We have learnt a lot in the past year and I am sure you will as well.

One piece of advice though - if at all possible always have someome with you when you go in to see the medics. Make sure they also know your hoped and fears as sometimes, in being upset, you forget to ask something which to you is crucial.

Have you joined the first threads on here - 'Recently diagnosed' that is haow we all met up way back in Nov/Dec last year and have held each other 'hand' all the way.

Beryl

Highlighted

Eileen x wat a time you are having ,my heart goes out to you , and I am sorry for your lost , I can not imagine to lose both parents so closely x my parents are still with me and have been together 65 years , 3 years ago my husband died and 2 days later my 85 yr old dad was diagnosis with throat cancer , bless him , he had such a long and tuff journey , and happly is  still with us , 6 weeks ago I was diagnosed with bc and the day after my poor brother with a brain tumour , he has been given 6 months 

how can you tell your parent both there children have the big c ,

i am completely shattered with it all , hospital appointants fears , tears, shattered lives and elderly parents all so sad , whilst waiting for mastectomy and recon my node results came back , they removed 3 all came back with c cells , so now what , 

i am finding this so hard to cope with,  tomorrow I find out what will happen next x

this is such a great place to find and listening to other peoples story's really does help 

good luck to you all and bless you Eileen x 

Highlighted

Yep, my GP Is fantastic and so supportive. She is very fed up with the hospital and says I should make a complaint at the way I was spoken to. However, I don't want to carry any anger with me, if you know what I mean and just want to move on and have a good Xmas. As we all know, life is too short. I have the new dressings now so hopefully things will start to heal up. Hope Sharon is OK. Just for a change, lol, husband is off to hospital tomorrow to see an ENT consultant. Makes a change! Francine x
Highlighted

Francine

That is terrible. When I had to have really expensive dressings they certainly made a difference to my healing rate,

Still sounds as if GP is on your case now,

So relieved I didn't have rads - phew

All the best on the journey- have you got one of those heart shaped cushions, great design, sort of cushions and supports all the areas you need. Keep mine in car glove box still.

Hope Sharon is OK

Berylx

Highlighted

Great news Beryl. So pleased for you. My BCN was hopeless never made any contact with me after my three ops and never responded to any phone messages. Just been to have my dressing checked at the GP and was really pissed off to be told that because of cost, the hospital had given me the cheapest dressings which weren't very good for radiation damage. She's now ordered some better ones which she says will help it heal much quicker. We're driving down to Somerset on 23rd for Xmas and I'm hoping to share the driving. At the moment I can't wear a seatbelt comfortably at all, even with a pillow! Sending everyone hugs xx Francine
Highlighted

Hiya

Well done Francine on putting your body first.

Phoned up BCN today and she told me mammogram was clear YAY

She couldn't understand why I haven't had a consultant appointment as i need to be checked regularly because of the infections. She is looking into it, and my Anatrozole problems.

This BCN is lovely and is my named one but she has been very ill so not around for the last 4 months and although I have seen one when I had my foob fitted she did not really check me.

Sharon i hope all goes well this week and the biopsy isn't too bad.

Thinking of you

Berylxx

Highlighted

Hello everyone. At last I'm marching on! Never had my last rad, no 26, as I decided not to have it. My skin has broken down very badly now and I'm swathed in dressings. They kept postponing the last session and in the end I made the decision that I wasn't going to subject myself to any more. Having had 25 sessions and travelled over 900 miles for them I'd had enough and told them so. Mentally and physically exhausted. I'm sure that missing one out of 26 isn't going to significantly affect my chances of a recurrence and I'll live with that. They weren't happy but I told them it was my decision and I had the right to make it. I am a person after all not just a boob! Anyway, having to go the GP every day to have the boob dressed, it's a right mess. Finding a bra to fit over the dressings is not easy and being large on top I can't go without outside the house. Can't wait to take it off when I get home! Thinking of you Sharon and I'm sure all will be well with the biopsies. CxFrancine
Highlighted

Hi lovely ladies,

Eileen what an awful year you've had; so sorry to hear about your Mum & Dad, it's always so painful to lose them no matter how old we are when it happens.  I'm sure you've got plenty of precious memories of them though so I hope that is at least some small comfort on the difficult days ahead.

Glad to hear you've finally got a bit of respite from the stabbing pains Pandorra and all fingers and toes crossed for your annual mammogram check, it'll be a relief for you to get it over and done with I expect.  Not liking the sound of that ripping feeling you're getting though *hunts around for vomit bucket again* 

Any news of the finger problem Beryl?  I know I've said it before but oh my, those anti-hormone medications sound just awful Woman Sad

Francine are you done with the radiotherapy now? Swinging from the rafters of the hostelry nearest your hospital while eying up the medical talent I expect!  Now leave those little radiotherapy lads alone, they're only young! If I remember correctly the rest of us were all too tired to party even in a virtual world, the fatigue sort of creeps up on you doesn't it but at least it's all over.

My mood is getting lower the longer I have to wait for this next biopsy so I'm not exactly a pleasure to be around at the moment.  However much I tell myself that there is almost certainly nothing to worry about I can't seem to stop the 'what if...' thinking and three weeks is a ridiculously long time to have to wait in these circumstances.  But I am making the most of all the Christmas stuff that's on at the moment so it's not all doom and gloom.  Ballet on Tuesday was amazingly beautiful, went to a wonderful Christmas market in an old Elizabethan Hall on Thursday, Christmas lunch with a group of friends on Friday so all good.

Hope everyone else is doing OK too.

xx

Sharon

Highlighted

Hi there

Everyone seems very up beat at the moment.

Hard luck on not openiing he champers - maybe tonight?

Pleased some Marchers finally met up, sounds areally lovely event.

I'm still waiting for my mammogram results - 10 days now but OH says no news is good news - I just wish I knew. If nothing b y Monday will ring BCN

Sharon my thoughts iare with you. Just hope the biopsy goes Ok and Boob is not too sore.

I have had some blood tests for arthritis etc as sometimes I find it hard to move and my fingers don't always do the pincer grip (breaking things because of poor grip). I think it's the Anatrozole as well. Waiting for those results as well

Seems as if we are never clear of it.

A friends DIL has just been diagnosed so I have given her this forum to use - so very helpful. Hope she does, She has the big meet with consultant next week

Keep inmaging loads of jolly ladies in pineapple hats at the Royal Albert Hall,now Woman LOL

Highlighted

Guess what, today's session was cancelled and I have to go back tomorrow! Champers back in the fridge again! I will get the damn rads finished.
Highlighted

Love to you too Pandorra and good luck with your xmas mammogram. Lets hope the results a good present for you xx
Highlighted

Hi lovely ladies, so pleased for the good news and Eileen certainly not been easy for you. They say these 'thing' are meant to try us and they surely do. All these appointments are keeping our minds working thats for sure. I have my mammogram  on 23rd December, last year 22nd . My appointment with my surgeon 15th January, times flying already.  Having probs with side effects with anastrozole,  affecting my joints, in my hands and trigger thumb.  Oh what we go through, but I know I shouldn't moan.  Not long to wait now Sharon, so annoying they didn't get it right. My boob is not as painful now but still get ripping feeling if a wrong move. Have been massaging the oil in the scar though and doesnt feel as lumpyand not had the burning sensation.  Well, we will soldier on as we have this last year.  A year in which I have been at least lucky in meeting all of you wonderful bunch. Lol and hugs xxxxxxx

Highlighted

Hi all,

Glad that everyone seems to be doing well. We all seem to have our ups and downs and I have to try and stop googling every time I feel a twinge or a strange sensation of any kind- that way leads to madness ! Francine you are an inspiration after all you have been through and Sharon - fingers crossed biopsy shows nothing awful - though you have such a great attitude you seem to cope well with everything thrown at you. This year has been rubbish for so many in so many ways - mine started with mammogram on Jan 6th and downhill from there. My mum had a heart attack at the beginning of my treatment and died after I finished. My dad clearly couldn't live without her - they would have been married for 65 years the week he died- 2 weeks ago now. I am really hoping 2016 will be better for us all.

Love to everyone and thanks for the support. Only seem to check in here when times seem rough but need to get better at keeping in touch. I do get lots of love and support from my long-suffering partner, friends and family but I think only those of us who have been there can really understand.

Here's to a better year next year 

Eileen xxx

Highlighted

Ah thank you Sharon, you're lovely too and just as I'd imagined you! Had a lovely time but was completely knackered by the time I finished my rads yesterday. Nearly missed my train home as I forgot it was from Kings Cross not St Pancras. Mad dash across the road but got there in time. Have you been in the restored St Pancras hotel, it's an amazing place to go for a drink. Anyway, cannot believe that today is my last zap and from tomorrow I'm marching on!!! Skin has finally given up the ghost and broken down in a very awkward place, right where the bottom of my bra sits. Very sore but hoping the team will dress it and give me something to take away. Really can't face trekking backwards and forwards to the hospital any more. 900 miles on the road to and from there is enough for me! Keeping everything crossed for your biopsy next week. Cheryl, great news, what a relief, sooo pleased for you. I just want to thank all you lovely ladies for your support over the last year, it has made an immense difference to how I've coped through some very dark times. Love you all. Xx Francine
Highlighted

Evening all Woman Happy

Been to the London BCC Candlelight Carol Concert tonight and got to meet Francine at last; she is every bit as lovely in real life as she is on the boards, and her daughter is a delight as well.  The concert was fab with a beautiful church, excellent choirs, great readers (including Cherie Blair, Vanessa Redgrave & Catherine Tate) and mulled wine/mince pies too.  Hope we managed to raise some money for BCC.

Great news about your results Cheryl, so glad for you that you've finally got a bit of good news.

Off to the ballet tomorrow night to see Matthew Bourne's Sleeping Beauty which is getting rave reviews so looking forward to that.  In fact, I'm doing everything I can to avoid thinking about the next biopsy which is due next week although having a throbbing boob isn't helping at all.  Sigh.  

Love to all

xx

Sharon

Highlighted

Morning all,it's a beautiful sunny day here in Eastbourne, no Rain or wind for a change.  Had a very short letter yesterday but it's the nicest one ever read, following your recent scan....I am pleased to advise no features of concern ....don't you love the way they tell you but am mightily relieved.  

Matty, I love the sketch with the 2 ronnies and four candles, i absolutely dissolve into fits of giggles on the floor . Sharon am sorry to hear you have more wait and they didn't get what they needed.  Hope it's sorted soon.  A small tip when you meet Francine, take some reins cos it sounds like you might loose her with her newly found roving eye!!! Francine, you are nearly at the top of the mountain, so big hugs for the final ascent ( don't know where the climbing analogies are coming from but....) and it will soon be over.

have a lovely weekend one and all, lots of love X X x

Highlighted

Evening ladies Woman Happy

Francine I've sent you a PM with my mobile number but you'll spot me easily on Monday as the ginger hair is always a giveaway (photo on my profile page here too).  Glad to hear the radiotherapy is going OK and hope you're not too fatigued but a bit of carol singing and some mulled wine will sort us both out I'm sure.  Should we have a small wager on which of us will be the first to blub at the concert?  I'm pretty sure it'll be me as I'm all over the place waiting for yet another biopsy and the slightest little thing has me weeping.

Thanks for kind words Rosemary, hope you're doing OK still and looking forward to a relaxing Christmas break in a few weeks.  Is there any treatment for your arthritis and spine problems or is it just painkillers as and when?  Or wine of course.  And cake. And photos of George Clooney always lift the..err...spirits...I find Woman Very Happy

Beryl you've got me humming the Copacobana now as I picture myself dancing round the room with a pineapple on my head Woman LOL

Love to all

xx

Sharon

Highlighted

Oh yes I could wear a plastic boob on my jacket! Had session 21 of 26 today, nearly there. Sore spot not getting any worse thank goodness and they say my skin is holding up very well. The radiographer was a rather gorgeous young man today, with a very gentle touch! Really must behave myself, at my ripe old age, growing old very disgracefully!!
Highlighted

Hey All

Hard luck Sharon, you'd think they would know a core biosy is best (what am I sayingSmiley Surprised)

Just back from mammogram, got in a bit of a state before. The radiographer showed me the pictures. Boob and foob didn't smile though!!

Now the hangiing around to find out results

I wear a pineapple if I were you!!

I go onto a gardener forum, we are called Fork Handles, so when I arranged to meet up with a Forker she put plastic forks in her hat!! You could do it with boobs - just a thought - I'll get my coat!!!!

Spoiler

Highlighted

Francine you do make me laugh! Hope the skin is still holding up?
Sharon it's probably just NHS inefficiency. Fingers and everything else crossed for you xxx
Highlighted

Sharon, what a pain. Why didn't they do it properly the first time. Day 20 of the rads done today, 6 to go. How will I spot you on Monday? Will you be carrying a pineapple?!
Highlighted

Hi ladies

Fed up now Woman Sad I've been waiting patiently for my biopsy results on the 'good' boob and got a call today saying that they'd only done a fine needle biopsy and that didn't give them enough tissue to determine a result.  So, back for another core biopsy on 9th December.  

Grrrrrrr.  Hope you're all having a better time of it.

xx

Sharon

Highlighted

Evening everyone, some really good news on here, lovely! Clear mammos a fantastic result. I'm due my yearly one in January but as I'll only finish my rads in December I'm not sure if they'll do it then. Just had no 17 of 26 and feeling pooped. However, skin doing well so far, slapping on the Aqueous Cream which seems to work for me. Xx
Highlighted

My lovely breast care nurse has just rang me first mammogram since diagnosis has come back clear feel like I have won the lottery love Judi x

Highlighted

Hi mammogram done, 2 weeks wait for results.....ms nurse been and am starting on injections 3 times a week, side effects as ever but will give it a go.  It looks like mine is mild and not aggressive although apparently they can't determine what silent activity is going on, so I am going to focus on the fact that I have had it for 4 and half years and largely not had many probs........and lots of chocolate can't be bad!!! Sharon you sound like you had cake fest and cake gate all in one go......go girl. 🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🍘🍘🍘🍘🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍮🍮🍮🍮🍮🍮

Highlighted

Hello

Seems mammos are being positive so fingers crossed for everyone else.

Doc has said I'm to have a blood test on Friday - fortunately I won't be joining Sharon on the 'passing out' couch, just the worry one - I know - deep breaths and will get through it.

Might be Anastrozole causing pain or arthritis (but very rapid if that) will find out.

Unfortunately it was a junior GP - didn't know what pains would be in boob and told me to contact consultant. Obviously didn't know that our first call is to the BCN (again!!)