cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MARCHING together

589 REPLIES 589
Highlighted

Re: MARCHING together

I'm touched! What can I say. Bit of a mad fit tonight and ate spicy duck noodle salad, followed by a piece of chocolate orange cake, so far no ill effects. Chicken madras here I come! 😸x Francine
Highlighted

You will never be free of us, cos you're stuck with us!! X x
Highlighted

Ah Francine you're a permanent honorary member of us Marchers so we'll expect you to come along too!  I've put us all on the 'Recovering from Treatment' board with a new thread called 2015 MARCHING Together, hope that's OK 🙂

xx

Sharon

Highlighted

Sorry I was going to do it but then went through a holiday and a 'down' time.

See you there

Beryl x

Highlighted

Ok Sharon, just go and leave me then! Just because I'm still WAITING! I'll miss you but understand you wanting to move on. 😂😂
Highlighted

Hi, I was thinking the same so it's fine with me but happy to look at compromises as would like to stay in touch x x
Highlighted

Ladies, I apologise for being such a bossyboots (just can't seem to help myself Woman Tongue) but would anybody mind if I moved us all on to the 'Living Beyond Breast Cancer' thread?  I know it's stupid but I really don't like opening/posting on the 'Going Through Treatment' thread now as it acts as a reminder of things I'm trying to forget like surgery and the threat of chemo, so psychologically I'd prefer to move on to the next board.

I know, I know, it's ridiculous and I probably need some therapy or something but there you go, I am a saddo Woman Sad  If you'd all rather stay on this board I'll find a way to deal with it of course because I'd hate to lose touch with you as I'm sure I've a fair few post-cancer meltdowns and traumas coming my way before too long and I've come to realise you are the people that carry me through it all.

Love to all

xx

Sharon

Highlighted

Hmmm, well Pandorra did say her GP had given her enough lubricant to start a brothel so I suppose if all else fails we could start a trollop collective! Given the state of my poor boob though I think I'd only appeal to a very niche market so won't be getting rich quick Woman LOL

xx

Sharon

Highlighted

Oh Sheena- don't ask!  Sharon will turn us all into trollops or cake makers while she plots to rule the world! We had a little campaign "Sharon for Prime Minister- the girl who gets things done" a while ago!

Good to see you back with an update, Sharon- we miss you! xxx

PS That may sound a little weird to anyone new to this thread? We've been through a lot together over the last few months! 

Highlighted

Brilliant Sharon x what could we do? Bra designers, counselling experts and sniffing out crappie so called friend?? Sheena xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

I would prefer Novak Jokovik, ditto old enough to be his mother but one can dream....
Highlighted

Evening all 🙂

Just been reading through and life is sounding grim for those of you who have returned to work.  Perhaps you could all negotiate huge pay-offs on the basis that your employers are heartless idiots and we could set up our own business? Not sure what we could do but as a collective I think we'd be awesome at pretty much anything. 

I've spent the last few days decorating the dining room & kitchen.  Had them replastered back in September and it's taken me this long to get round to it because of stupid cancer.  Well, that and a few 50th birthday celebrations.  I haven't done any decorating for about 20 years as I used to get someone in to do it but I have plenty of time at the moment and I thought how hard can it be? Now I've done it I remember why I used to get someone in.  Carefully glossed the wood work and then promptly forgot and leaned against the door frame ruining the paintwork and my jeans.  Sigh.  I'll cross decorator off my list of possible career options then.

Other than the usual moans and groans (ailing Dad, friends who really shouldn't be counted as friends any more, achy boob etc.) I'm doing fine.  Still haven't been given a follow up appointment post-rads but haven't chased it either as I'm feeling good.  Off to the V&A next week and then it will be Wimbledon aka lusting after Rafa Nadal even though I'm old enough to be his mother, so can't quite see when I'm going to get round to going back to work and having heard your tales of woe, I'm in no rush.

Hope things start to improve for those of you having a a grim time.

xx

Sharon

If you're in need of something to make you laugh, I can highly recommend a game of reading the names on paint charts and giving them more accurate names.  My dining room is now painted in 'Burnt Autumn' which my friend says should be called 'Scary Jollop for a Sick Child'.    

Highlighted

Seriously considering that xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

I'd get out of the place if you can ,sound like horrible insensitive b*****s.Gasing them would be too kind.....4 years is a long time working with people like that.
Highlighted

Never mind. i only got one number on Lotto tonight. If we win,I think i might buy up the company I work for, and sack them all?

Or... they're having new air conditioning fitted, maybe I could get hold of some sort of gas to feed through it. Any iffy smell would be put down to the new system?

Seriously though, I'm considering whether it'd be worth the aggro of going through the HR complaints process, or just to switch departments. I'd have to take up a really junior position, but it's seriously worth considering. Only 4 years till retirement!

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest (as if enough wasn't already taken off my chest in surgery- Daren't say anything as insensitive as that at work!!!)

Love to all

Rose xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Didn't win Euromillions Rose ,one number only ,bugger.I will try again Friday...
Highlighted

Rose, just catching up with threads and really sorry to read about your work, I thought mine were pants but it seems like they all are. I bumped into my boss when I was coming out of my counselling session a few days ago, he started talking about work and clearly I was distracted, he then said you're not yourself.....really said I, just recovering from bc and the you place me under a discipline investigation......can't think why!!!!! I am lucky in that I have an office so I go in, close the door and only come out when I need to.......what the f&&& gets into people, I really don't get it....anyway I am sorry things are crap and wish I had a magic wand but sending lots of love and hugs x x x x
Highlighted

Thank you. I'll print that off xx
Highlighted

Added a link re your rights hopefully it will work xxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Last time I won anything on Euromilions it was£7 .80 so don't get too excited ....
Highlighted

Got everything crossed! xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Gonna check my ticket now!Sorts the wheat from the chaff this thing eh?
Highlighted

I'm massively disillusioned- I was really happy to get cleared by Oncology, and stupidly assumed my colleagues would be happy for me too. I just can't express how rubbish they made me feel, but at least it seems I'm not the only one. This disease really shows us who really counts in our lives. I've had some brilliant support from some very unexpected people, but those I thought I could count on have been a huge disappointment.

Looking forward to my cut of the Euromillions, Jill! And yes, diminished responsibility sounds good!

I feel better for having a rant. Thanks for listening

xxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Maybe you would get off on the grounds of diminished responsibility if you decided to take them out?
Highlighted

Hi
I think management need to learn how to deal with people that have had cancer - my last radiotherapy today so feeling pretty emotional and get called into bosses office and i quote 'we have been very supportive during your treatment but now it's over you need to step up and get back into the business' he seems to think that it's that straight forward. Then questioned my holiday dates in July that I booked before I was diagnosed. What a knob x x
Community Champion

Sorry Rose ,I'm didn't mean to call you June, my brain is addled due to menopause and stress!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi folks, sorry to butt in to your thread ,just read Junes post and felt totally disgusted,June, they are self centred b******ds who haven't a clue what you are going through.You need to plan your exit from that place hun.I am going to win 80 million on euro millions tonight so I will cut you in and you can tell them to bugger off,there but for the Grace of God... it could be one of them any day and then they will understand.
Highlighted

Thank you, Sheena xx

Tired and emotional, definitely- with a big chunk of self pity mixed in. I had no idea how hard it would be to get back to work. It's not the job itself, I didn't expect the attitude I'm at the wrong end of. I am definitely considering going over my manager's head, I can't believe how i was made to feel today.

Thank you again for your kind words

Love

Rose xx

Highlighted

Oh rose! That is unacceptable behaviour from your line manager if you can get in touch with your HR department and discuss. Employers have an obligation to treat you fairly and without prejudice I know you will be tired and emotional but please don't let them treat you like this x if I can do anything to help you please let me know xsheena x

Highlighted

Hi All

Ready for a rant?

Work has gone from bad to worse. Got taken into an office by my line manager today. Apparently I'm making people uncomfortable. One example given was a girl complaining about feeling bad with a hangover. I'd said, as I would always have done, "Self inflicted, not giving you any sympathy" !!! People are feeling they have to watch everything they say around me, poor things. I AM SO ANGRY!!! Result is that no-one, with a few fab exceptions, really interacts with me, they go quiet when I approach.  I've been told to think about how I affect others, particularly those who've lost close relatives to cancer, and be MORE SENSITIVE TO THEIR NEEDS. 

I am sick of feeling like a leper, and to be told it's me that's being the insensitive one is beyond belief. I have tried to be my old positive and lively self, but I'm fed up of being blanked by people I used to work closely alongside.

I really don't know whether I can carry on working at that place. I have to be back to full time hours in 4 weeks, doing 24 hours this week and already shattered.

Hope everyone else is feeling happier than I am right now.

Love

Rose xx

Highlighted

Oh yes, I'm notorious on this forum for that! It wasn't long after I had my dx and clearly I had it on my mind. Poor girl behind the counter at the cafe looked horrified. I quickly apologised and said I meant tuna mayo please! My OH and I laughed about it afterwards, still have my sense of humour! X Francine
Highlighted

Tumour mayo!!!!! xxx
Highlighted

I'm having afternoon tea in the cafe where I famously asked for a tumour mayo sandwich! Have come disguised with my sunglasses on, in case they recognise me, lol. Hope I haven't vexed the weather as we're shopping for a sun umbrella for the garden and planning a trip to the West Norfolk coast tomorrow. Haven't been there since my dx last year and love the wide open space there. The sea seems to go on forever and the light is amazing. Hope you all have a lovely weekend. Xx Francine
Highlighted

Hi Sue, Been on it for 3 1/2 months and HATE it! Nausea, crying, headaches, tiredness- ok some could be the after effects of rads? Going to stay with it for a bit longer, but they told me that side effects don't ease, they last as long as you're taking it. Nice to know I have the choice though! Love, Rose xx
Highlighted

Hi Rose,
Congratulations! How long were you on Tamoxifen?
Curious because I would rather not start it!
Good day,
Sue
Highlighted

Congrats Rose great news. Now you can really get on with planning the furture, and no drugs either WOW!!

Beryl x

Highlighted

Hello from the Land of the Healthy! (sorry if that sounds smug, don't mean it to)

I don't actually know how to feel right now. It's weird shedding my cancer patient identity.I know it never goes away, I have the loss of a dear friend after several years in remission to remind me of that. And bloody Tamoxifen! I also have a touch of survivor guilt too, thinking of those who haven't had such an "easy ride" through this experience and are still going through treatment.

But I'm going to push all that aside and get on with life as it should be lived without medical appointments all over the calendar!

Love to all

Rose xx

Highlighted

Great news Rose. Sending you a virtual glass of champers too. X🍸🍸
Highlighted

Congratulations Rose, now enjoy!  To everyone else, hope all doing ok. Sending lol xxxxxxxxx

Highlighted

Hi Rose, glad it went well and really pleased that you are discharged. Will have a small glass of bubbles to celebrate. I have to go back in 3 months, they won't remove my ovaries and won't agree to 3 monthly zoladex so feeling a little deflated if honest but that's probably everything else that's going on also but your good news has cheered me up. Cheers, love and hugs x x x x
Highlighted

Hi All,

Just a really quick post before I go to work: Got my boobs out for the final time this morning! The oncologist discharged me!!! happy and crying all over the place.

Said I can come off tamoxifen if I choose to, it won't make that much difference.

Now to get on with my life again

Love to everyone

Rose xx

Highlighted

Evening ladies. Good news, I am ready for a curry, korma not madras perhaps! OH has decided to have a go at making me one, gulp. This is the man that makes 'gloop' every Boxing Day (his words not mine) by mixing all the leftovers together and frying them up! I am a little worried but i will be brave. It may actually taste nice! Have my 2nd counselling session tomorrow which I could do with. Found the letter from the geneticist rather upsetting as it advises all the females in my and my sisters' families should be tested as well as the males. Apparently BRCA 1 and 2 are associated with prostate cancer in men. My younger sister thinks it's all OTT and is quite hostile about it. Not sure how she'll react and for some reason I feel guilty about it, although i know I shouldn't. Anyway, older sister in South Africa has just sent me her flight details for coming over at Xmas, so that's cheered me up. Something to focus on. Hugs to all. Francine xx
Highlighted

Hi, well the ct scan was in 2011 so who knows what it would show now!!! Oncology appt tomorrow so will let you know how it goes. I do hope you are okay, it must be so hard with your dad and especially at this time with the anniversary, when we become the parents to our parents it's an hard switch to make love and hugs x x
Francis, hope all is well with your progress, every time I eat a curry I think of you x x
Highlighted

Morning ladies 🙂

Cheryl I'm glad you've got your neurology appointments sorted out and sorry you've had to yell & scream to do it. Hopefully it'll prove to be 'old' damage as you say rather than anything new to worry about.  I think you and Rose were due to have your radiotherapy follow up meetings this week so if I've got that right, good luck to both of you and let us know how you get on.  Also jealous about you having a brain, I used to have one but think I lost it somewhere along the line Woman LOL

Love to all

xx

Sharon

Highlighted

Will listen away

Just put a long post about a frustrating 10 days I have had regards nothing important - just my Anastrozole- you know stuff that is supposed to keep cancer under control.

Not going to repeat post as it's  a long one but I direct you all to it on the hormone therapy thread

Just had a couple glasses of red to attempt to relax - perhaps I'll sleep tonight then, first time this week!!

Hope all are well on this journey we are  on

Job hunting, finding a brain, etc Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

Hello, well I finally got an apt with the neurologist today after complaining very loudly about the service or lack of. Long and short is that he is referring me to an MS clinic, not all bad news he thinks in all likelihood the symptoms I am presenting with are residual from the stroke and that because no mri was done last time what he now sees is probably the damage caused by the stroke. I feel more settled as despite his absolute incoherence in pulling a sentence together, the referral should be about 2/3 weeks and I don't fit the profile for MS as am about to celebrate my 54th birthday and usually it strikes younger people , I know that's a mad statement but it's keeping me focused And I also saw the ct scan of my brain so more good news,,,,,,I have a brain!!!. Work remains pants, the interview for the disciplinary is not until 1/7 and despite my doing a brilliant violet Elizabeth impression of screaming a lot, it's not been changed. So it can't be that important or serious I have concluded!!
Thanks for listening x x x
Highlighted

Hi Chez
Hallo to you too. How are you doing? X
Highlighted

Hello sister marchers just a quick message to send love and hugs to everyone, x x x x
Highlighted

Hi Ladies,
Definitely being an adult is harder than what it seemed like it would be as a child. I miss my parents too, immensely.
Well, my burn has peeled almost completely. Just feeling very tired these days. And I don't want to take the hormone prescription! Ugh, something else for me to battle!
Wishing health for everyone!
Sue