MOODS SWINGS WITH ARIMIDEX

Does anyone else on Arimidex feel a difference in their mood swings. Only been taking Arimidex for nearly two weeks. Have plenty of aches and pains, but also feel irritable and quick tempered. Wondered if anyone else has experienced this.

Julie

Hi Julie

Been taking it since last November and no problem with mood yet. Very stiff in the morning though. It seems to wear off thankfully.

Good luck!

Dilys
xxx

Hi Julie - I’ve not yet been told which treatment I’ll be having after radiotherapy, but probably Arimidex. I do have a close friend who did find she had terrible mood swings and depression with the Arimidex which really affected her relationship with her husband. She stopped taking it, which I certainly am not advising, but do talk about it with your doctor if things don’t settle down soon Good luck.

Hi
I am going to see if things settle after say a month or so, and take it from there. We’ve just been laughing about it at work because I get really hyped up and irritated about things, and someone said “Get the prozac”. I’ve had a word with the Breast Care Nurse and we’re going to see how it goes. There’s the option of going back on Tamoxifen, on which I can’t say I had a lot of problems, tiny bit of weight gain, or trying another aromase inhibitor, if the Arimidex cause a lot of problem.

Thanks for your comments.

Julie

Hi Julie

I took Femara for two weeks and actually felt suicidal ( got round to working out whether or not I’d got enough tablets to end it all). didn’t because i didn’t want sectioning if my attempt failed.

I had loads of other side effects as well.

Think mood swings and depression one of the not so common effects. Hope it soon wears off

Marilyn X

Hi Marilyn

That sounds dreadful. Hope you feel a lot better now you’re off them.

Julie x

Julie

I started Arimidex last Nov and the mood swings peaked at Christmas, I spoke to my Oncologist and he was very sympathetic, he advised me that it should settle down after 6 months or so and that if it didn’t they could give me something or change the medication. I am pleased to report that just as he said ~ April/May I suddenly realized that I was much better and not so tired either. Its worth mentioning as the last thing they want is for us to feel miserable. Hope this helps.
Rosemary

Hi Rosemary

Thanks for your comments. Hopefully my moods swings will settle as well. It’s nice to know that things will calm down eventually.

Thank you.

Julie

Hi Julie

glad to be of help! I really do feel so much brighter and am so pleased I stuck with it ~ I would advise you to talk to your Inc. Good luck!

Rosemary : )