Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRI Guided Breast Biopsy

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: MRI Guided Breast Biopsy

Bless you, Anne,,how very distressing for you.  You must feel more in control now that a hospital has been found and a date . Good luck with it all. X

Hi, I recently had this procedure done.
I live in Kent but had to travel to Northwick Park hospital in Harrow. There are only a few of these machines in the country.
Highlighted

Hi, thank you for your message,  I was meant to have a lumpectomy yesterday on the left breast but and was told on Tuesday that they had also found something in the right breast,  they did an ultrasound but couldn't do a biopsy.  I was a mess yesterday morning and had to do something to try and speed things up so was ringing around hospitals, my consultant has now managed to find someone who can do it in a week so I'm feeling better today now that I've got another date to focus on.  I've already had one MRI so can't say I'm looking forward to this one, but thank you for the tip about paracetamols 

Highlighted

I had one at Northwick Park, Harrow. Debbie x

Highlighted

Hi
Aberdeen has one.
I was booked to have one Last year and was going to be over 4 hour journey .
But ended up not needing it in the end.
Hope you get an appointment soon as waiting is the worst

Vxx
Highlighted

Hi.  I had mine at South East Surrey Health.  They operate East Surrey and Crawley hospitals ( near Gatwick if you need to fly in).  I had mine done at Crawley.  Ladies are amazing but I have to say it is not pleasant.  Take paracetamol before going and you must have someone with you.  I went straight to bed afterwards but was fine for work the next day.  There is a lot of squashing and you stay squashed until they find the right place.  It took several goes to get it exactly right, then local anesthetic then biopsy.  

I am sure Guildford do this too.  It's a bit worrying that your consultant doesn't know locations for this type of procedure.  I think it is fairly accepted practice.

good luck.

Highlighted

MRI Guided Breast Biopsy

I've just been told that I need an MRI Guided Breast Biopsy,   my local hospital doesn't do these,  but my consultant is struggling to find somewhere than can do it. 

Does anyone know of any hospitals that do this procedure?   Has anyone had this done?   I don't mind travelling anywhere in the UK.

I'd welcome any information please,  thanks.