MRI Scan

Hi,

Wondered if anyone had any similar stories to share please?

I’m 42 & been having annual breast screening for the last 6 years due to Hodgkins Lymphoma & mantle radiotherapy over 20 years ago.

Screening was always mammograms and ultrasound which have always been clear.

This year the screening program has changed to mammograms and MRI which I had last week.

Today I was recalled to the breast assessment clinic due to something shown on the MRI. It doesn’t show on the xrays and the radiologist did ultrasound today which also doesn’t show anything.

There is a 2cm area on the MRI which ‘lit up’ during the contrast phase of the MRI.

As its only visible on MRI, they need to do an MRI guided biopsy to find out what it is.

I’m assuming that if it shows with MRI contrast then its not going to be good news?

Am having a bit of a meltdown as my partner is working abroad and not due back til Monday - not the sort of news I want to tell him over the phone and anyway, I don’t know anything for sure… yet…

Can’t tell my parents as mum had BC 4 years ago and I don’t want them whittling until the results are back.

Thanks,

Liz x

Hi Liz599

Welcome to the forums, you’ve come to the best place to share your thoughts, and I am sure your fellow  forum users will be along soon to offer you some much needed support.  If you would like to talk to someone in confidence then please don’t hesitate to call our helpline, lines open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2  0808 800 600.

You might also like to try our general live chat which runs tonight, Thursday, between 8.30pm and 9.30pm the session is run by a nurse and hosted by a moderator, so there’s always someone to talk to.  The regular users of Live Chat are a wonderful support to each other.  I’ll put you the link below if you would like to give it a try.

breastcancercare.org.uk/community/chat

Take care,

Jo, Moderator