MRI after lumpectomy

Hi lovely ladies,

I was diagnosed with IDC a month ago. My lump was not seen on mammogram just on US. Had a MRI which confirmed the US diagnosis. I had lumpectomy three days ago which went fine and I’m recovering very well. I’ve got scheduled appointment in two weeks time for the results. 

Today I received a letter that another MRI has been scheduled for me next week. I’m freaking out now that they have found something else. Its weekend and I don’t know who to contact to ask. Maybe some of you lovely ladies had similar situation? Thanks

Hi Naza,

It’s always a pain when these things happen at the weekend & you’re left with it until Monday to get it checked out. I would have thought that as you’ve already had an MRI, they would have all the info they needed to proceed with your surgery. Maybe it’s just a glitch, it does happen. 

ann x

Sounds like a mistake -try not to panic.Surely they would have spoken to you about it if they felt they needed to repeat MRI?

Naza

I would agree with the other ladies that this looks like an error, but what a pain to receive it at a weekend when there is nothing you can to set your mind at ease. 

Just a thought some hospitals do MRIs at weekends so it might be worth a try and see if there is anyone there who would be able to advise you

Hleena xx

That’s true Helena ,there are often appointments at the weekend now.May be worth ringing the number on the letter and see if anyone answers .To go ahead with the op in the first place they must have felt they had enough information?

Hi ladies
Thank you for all replays. I did ring the MRI centre. The very nice lady assured me is nothing to do with my surgery. She said it seems like some more pictures were requested by radiologist following my first MRI scan thats why they have made the appointment but then decided that what theyve got is enough and made decision to proceed with the surgery. She said she will find out what is going on and give me a call on Mon. Im a bit calmer now.

Aha.   was about to tell you that happened to me, but it was a coincidental US required by the GP for a different problem altogether.

Phew !!! That’s what I thought may have happened -horrible though to get that letter and not know what I’m earth is going on !!!