MRI - confidence nose dive :-(

Last week I was diagnosed with breast cancer, it has been a hard emotional few days and to top it all today I had to go for my MRI scan only to be turned away because I am too broad!!!

I have felt so low since as if I need to be turned away after the news I have already received I am now to big for the MRI???

Surely it would be sensible to measure people to avoid this situation, luckily my lovely macmillan nurse put my mind at rest but I still feel quite hurt by this.

Has anyone else suffered this indignity?

<li-spoiler><li-spoiler>:smileyembarrassed:</li-spoiler> </li-spoiler>

Haven’t had that, but having being poked, prodded and been naked far to often, its tough keeping your dignity! Have you been booked back in?

Hi evnsds and welcome to the BCC forums

I am sorry that you had such an upsetting experience, I am sure the support here will help during this difficult time and our helpliners are on hand with further practical and emotional support for you on 0808 800 6000, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

I am posting a link to our newly diagnosed information and further support ideas from BCC which I hope you will find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis

Take care
Lucy BCC