Not so sure no news is good news in this case... They said between the mammograms, sonar and MRI, they are unable to form a clear picture of what is going on as there are some microcalcifications and some lumps but they don't all show up on all the images. There are 3 suspect areas. They don't want to commit to any diagnosis until they've got more info, which is fair. They are making an appointment for a MRI guided biopsy in London.
Not sure how I should feel about the fact that the one breast surgeon said that if I decide to go with mastectomy now, we can cut out the MRI guided biopsy and waiting for results! And this before anyone even mentioned the c-word (which they haven't to date).
So here I go with waiting again. Waiting for apointment and then for the results. Another couple of weeks...
Thanks for you care and concern and thoughts. It is encouraging me no end!
I’m sorry to read that you are having a pretty difficult time at the moment. I’m sure the users of this site will be along to support you soon.
In the meantime maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.
Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator