Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRI today

4 REPLIES 4
mary32

Re: MRI today

Hi

I;m sorry the results are not more clearcut, but as you say, you have a plan and an op date so you have something to focus on. I felt much better once I knew what was going to happen.

Hope the biopsy goes ok.

Mary

Jaine

Back for the results today, still a bit unclear, definitely a lump to be removed but there is an area which is probably benign and I am having another biopsy tomorrow.  Been given an operation date of 20th November.  Funnily enough I am feeling better about it all now that things are planned.  I will get the results of the second biopsy on Tuesday so fingers crossed. 

Jaine

Thanks for you message.  The MRI wasn't too bad, but not comfortable, and just lying there trying to think of positive things was hard.  I am back to see the consultant on Tuesday, so I should be clearer then about what is going to happen.  I am quite surprised how much calmer I am about the whole thing now, but there are moments when I feel really down.  I am not sleeping, I have never been a good sleeper, but it is getting ridiculous, I am exhausted when I go to bed then wide awake an hour or so later.  The kitchen is under control, I have cracked on with it, and someone is coming to help tomorrow and it is now getting back to normal - I can reach the sink. 

mary32

Hi Jaime

How did the mri go? I didn't like it very much an  Got a bit emotional afterwards. The waiting for results can be very hard.

I can understand how you feel about the op, but as others have said on here other  is often a feeling of relief after the op even before the results are  known. I was  quite surprised  by this myself but I too felt much better afterwards.

You need to take it one step at a time and just accept the bad days, we can't be positive all the time.

Take care and don't overdo it with the kitchen!

Mary

Jaine

MRI today

I have been back to work for a week since having having the diagnosis three weeks ago, but I have an MRI today and then back to see the Consultant on Tuesday.  Being back at work helped me to forget a bit about it all, but all the bad feelings are coming back today.  It doesn't help that it's raining and dark.  It is getting a bit easier I can talk to people about it, but I am not looking forward to the operation and the next few months.  I am trying to be positive, but it is not always easy.  

Foolishly I started decorating the kitchen before I went back to work, it is now a total mess I can only just reach the sink to wash up, well I guess I better get on with it before the hospital will be a good thing!