MRI

Can anyone tell me how long is reasonable for a MRI scan after a diagnosis of lobular .

Have had 2 calls about metal parts -I have none. BCN says she is trying Iam a priority but it’s 2 weeks and nothing. Am I expecting too much! I live in north west.

Please tell me your experiences 

Hi Over70,

i was I a similar situation as you in 2013. Needed an MRI for the same reason. Had to blast my BCN with complaining phone calls, and after threatening to go private for my MRI, they fitted me in between other patients. I did wait for 2 weeks and vividly remember not coping with the uncertainty, so I have nothing but sympathy for your predicament. My advice Is to keep making a nuisance of yourself. Hope you get a resolution soon. (I live in north east Scotland by the way. Perhaps phone the breastcancercare care helpline to see if there are any government targets for MRI in your area?) Big hugs and come back and let us know how you get on Ann X X 

Well done for getting Mri sorted. I too had to raise my voice, cry and threaten going privately to get someone to sort it out. I am over 1 hour drive from hospital and they offered me 7.45am for mine. We hadn’t told they boys about my cancer and I said they were forcing me to tell them when I wasn’t ready as how could I explain leaving home 6am…

Good luck when you have it, I was fine, I closed my eyes when they put the headphones on and remained like that until they told me it was finished.