Mammogram re-call

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted

Re: Mammogram re-call

Congrats plum and Katiejo for the all clear 🙂 x
Highlighted

Hi Plum64

So pleased to hear that your biopsy was all clear in the end!  I hated the uncertainty too. Now that it is over I have been wondering about the fact that i got called back so quickly (compared to other people on this forum who have had quite a wait).  At the time it made me more worried!

Highlighted

I too have small breasts, they do well at the clinic to get them on the machine! Hope all went well, I know the uncertainty is the worst. I too got pains in my right breast when I knew that was the one of concern, funny how the mind works.
Highlighted

Got results of core biopsy on Monday, all benign, feel a mixture of emotions, obviously pleased with result, but very aware of those not getting the news that they are wishing for....... Horrible horrible disease. Thanks to all of you for kind words, and wish you all well on your journeys, I will certainly keep an eye on the forum.
Highlighted

Today was my birthday. I got home to find the dreaded letter. I have to go to  a different hospital  (Barts, London) on Friday to have another mammogram and maybe more. I am scared. I am hoping that it is just that the screening didn't show clear enough results. My breasts are fairly small and the woman who did the mammogram did seem to have some trouble in getting the images done. My discomfort on the left side is now feeling more noticeable because i am thinking about it. i hadn't even noticed it.

Highlighted

Re: Mammogram re-call appt today

So what results are you getting Monday ?
Highlighted

They found tiny calcifications, 2/3mm across, they formed a pattern of a circle when looking at them together. I know most breast calcification are benign, but I can't help worrying its DCIS or the start of something, can't eat, this has been the most effective crash diet I've ever been on! Thanks for your support.
Highlighted

Hope the panic will all be over on monday x

Highlighted

Could it just be that they didn't get a clear picture from the 1st mammogram and need to do it again? Or had they definitely found something which needed checking? Even then it could be a false alarm. Will keep my fingers crossed.
Highlighted

So, had another mammogram to compare to the one I had last week, I have a circle of calcification, had ultra sound which only showed harmless cysts followed by core biopsy, consultant said she was sure it would all be fine, I'm clinging to her words. Keep going through waves of panic, get results next Monday.
Highlighted

Thinking of you tomorrow .
Highlighted

I had my letter for re-call in two weeks from mammogram, I've always had tenderness, pain and cysts in my left breast, I am 50 and apart from a general ache on the left side thought everything should be ok, only to find out it is the right breast that is a concern, can't feel anything, although now I know it's the right side, it has started to give me pain, funny what the mind can do. I have my appointment tomorrow, got my letter Thursday, I haven't been fun to be around, my poor husband doesn't know what to do with me - my life has stopped hopefully temporarily until I know more tomorrow - it has been one way to shift a few pounds quickly, can't eat or drink feel so knotted up, what a big baby I am so soon!
Highlighted

I really hope that you get the answer you are hoping for. I have just had my first mammogram this week and so don't have any result yet. When there i mentioned that I was concerned about a tenderness in my left armpit. It may me nothing. i hadn't really noticed it before i got the invitation to have the breast scan. Did mention it to the lady on the day but she didn't seem to concerned. Just asked me about lumps/nipple changes.
Highlighted

Thank you, trying to think positive....
Highlighted

It could still just be a cyst. My friend and I both had recall letters  with an appointment for the same day. She just had a cyst but I had a grade 2 cancer. 12 months later I am back to normal, no pain, few side-effects from Anastrozole and it all feels like it happened to someone else.

Fingers crossed that your outcome will be 'just a cyst' - but if it isn't you've come to the right place for support..

Highlighted

Thanks, it's the not knowing I'm struggling with.
Highlighted

Hi Plum64.
I (like all of us) know what you mean about a few days seeming like an eternity away.
I had a recall letter on new years eve for an appointment that morning. The post had been delayed due to the snow so I had missed the appointment and had to reschedule for the next week.

You will get through the weekend though it may be tough depending on what you have planned, who you are with and whether they know what you are going through.

Be gentle with yourself and good luck on Monday.

Highlighted

Dear Plum64

Welcome to the BCC Forum.  You've come to the right place for support from fellow members.

I've attached a link to our booklet which explains a bit about what might happen at your clinic appointment.  I hope this helps.

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/sites/default/files/your_breast_clinic_appointment.pdf

You could also phone our Helpline for information and support.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Highlighted

Mammogram re-call

Hi, I am so scared right now, I have just received a letter saying I need to go to the assessment clinic as they have seen something on my right breast - funny, it has always been my left breast that has given me more to worry about with pain, lumpiness and cysts. I can't feel anything, so if the worst case scenario happens I can only hope it is really in its early stages. Monday seems an eternity away at the moment.