Mammogram re-call

Hi, I am so scared right now, I have just received a letter saying I need to go to the assessment clinic as they have seen something on my right breast - funny, it has always been my left breast that has given me more to worry about with pain, lumpiness and cysts. I can’t feel anything, so if the worst case scenario happens I can only hope it is really in its early stages. Monday seems an eternity away at the moment.

Dear Plum64

Welcome to the BCC Forum.  You’ve come to the right place for support from fellow members.

I’ve attached a link to our booklet which explains a bit about what might happen at your clinic appointment.  I hope this helps.

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/sites/default/files/your_breast_clinic_appointment.pdf

You could also phone our Helpline for information and support.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi Plum64.
I (like all of us) know what you mean about a few days seeming like an eternity away.
I had a recall letter on new years eve for an appointment that morning. The post had been delayed due to the snow so I had missed the appointment and had to reschedule for the next week.

You will get through the weekend though it may be tough depending on what you have planned, who you are with and whether they know what you are going through.

Be gentle with yourself and good luck on Monday.

I really hope that you get the answer you are hoping for. I have just had my first mammogram this week and so don’t have any result yet. When there i mentioned that I was concerned about a tenderness in my left armpit. It may me nothing. i hadn’t really noticed it before i got the invitation to have the breast scan. Did mention it to the lady on the day but she didn’t seem to concerned. Just asked me about lumps/nipple changes.

So, had another mammogram to compare to the one I had last week, I have a circle of calcification, had ultra sound which only showed harmless cysts followed by core biopsy, consultant said she was sure it would all be fine, I’m clinging to her words. Keep going through waves of panic, get results next Monday.

Got results of core biopsy on Monday, all benign, feel a mixture of emotions, obviously pleased with result, but very aware of those not getting the news that they are wishing for… Horrible horrible disease. Thanks to all of you for kind words, and wish you all well on your journeys, I will certainly keep an eye on the forum.

Congrats plum and Katiejo for the all clear :slight_smile: x