Mammogram recall - very long week

I have like many other posters, received a recall letter following a routine mammogram. I am 61 and this is the first time this has occurred.  I expect like many others too, my imagination has gone into overdrive.  It was a six day wait to the appointment (now four) and sleeping at night is not easy as I have beel replaying scenarios in my head.  However, reading all of the mainly positive posts have reassured me somewhat.  Although I expect by the time tonight comes, I will then be thinking that if there are so many positives, then someone has to have a negative…

Like others have said, I had no symptoms until the letter arrived, and I seem to have invented some since.  I have also reflected on the fact that I use bio-identical hrt, but believed the raised risk of this to be minimal.

I just wanted to say I have found this forum to be pretty upbeat, and just what I need a the moment.  Good luck to everyone else waiting on results also.

Hi sunshinedreamer (lovely name!) the waiting is really the pits isn’t it? But as you say, there are potential positives, one of them being that it may be a benign cyst or somethng, but another is that if it is bc and has been picked up by a routine mammo then it is likely to be small, early stage and more easily treated. You will already know from reading these posts that treatment has improved dramatically in recent years and IF it is bc you will be in good hands and will get a treatment plan to suit you. Chin up, and use this site as and when you want and let us know how you get on. xxx

Hi Sunshinedreamer,
As Optimissy says.
Presumably, you’ve had previous mammos, therefore the worst that may happen, is that you may get an early & totally treatable bc diagnosis, where a full recovery is the usual outcome. But, it is also likely it won’t even come to that.
Having been through this & getting an early bc diagnosis, I now realise that bc is not necessarily the monster we think it is.
Good luck with the appointment.
ann x