Did you mean: 

Managing mood

7 REPLIES 7
daiseykins

Re: Managing mood

Hi l have heard of this headspace will check it out,thanks
ValS1

Hi Daisykins, yes I agree it is a orice worth paying, all the reports on Anastrozole & similar drugs are highly favourable, its reassuring to take something knowing it is a preventative. I have only just started on ut so its early days, yes exercise is brilliant for mood and I also use meditation, i have a few free meditation apps on my iPad and they are all good but Headspace is excellent, worth a look at their website. All the best & thanks.
daiseykins

Hi eastanglian,l am like you,l have been taking letrozole for 2 months now and just recently l have noticed   a slight difference in my moods but l find exercise helps.even a short walk,it's not easy for all us ladies with all our side effects.but l feel if it helps stop a recurrence of the bc it's a small price we have to pay.l know some of us  suffer horrendous side affects more than others,why this l don't know.keep your peckers up all you ladies out there.there will be light at the end of the tunnel.lol Daiseykins x😃

ValS1

Thanks, 🙂
Boa

I am taking letrozole which is also an AI. I haven't experienced low mood but do know of others who have so you may get some posts confirming what you feel.
ValS1

Hi Cassie, thanks thats reassuring, I know everyone is different but the main things people have commented on is joint pain & hot flushes etc. I think it may be a coincidence as I've only just started taking the tablets. Best wishes.
CassieB

I've been on anastrozole for almost 12 months and have not noticed any change in my mood. (I'm nearly 70.)

ValS1

Managing mood

Hi all, I am a newbie here, really appreciate being able to 'speak' to others going through all this. I was diagnosed with BC after a routine mammogram last November, recalled & had ultrasound & cone biopsy, then results, small tumour right breast, MRI confirmed probably not spread. Had lumpectomy 3 weeks ago, clinic last week results stage 1 BC, 10 mm tumour removed with wide margin, no spread to lymph nodes. Prescribed anastrozole plus 3 weeks radiotherapy. Of course I understand how 'lucky' I am for it to be caught early etc. after weeks of worry & stress all across Christmas & New Year I am now at the other side, wound healed up OK and waiting for radiotherapy to start in a couple of weeks. I retired a year ago, I'm 62, So am at home, my husband still works full time. I have alot of interests, knitting, crochet, reading, have friends and am all round very fortunate. But I am suddenly mentally extremely low, I coped OK all through the diagnosis & op etc of course there were tears and worry, but I didnt feel anywhere as bad as I do now. I started the anastrozole 6 days ago & noticed the plummet in mood straight away, but not sure whether its the medication or a reaction to what I've been through, has anyone else had an immediate drop in mood as soon as they started the tablets?