cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manchester Summer Cupcakes

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Manchester Summer Cupcakes

18th or 19th of May suit me - will be good to meet up soon and to meet new ladies
Love L x

Guest user
Not applicable

hello all

I had seen on facebook that meet might be 18 or 19 May. I am hoping I will be able to make it. Am starting new chemo on monday and not sure how I will react.

Anyway hope we all manage a get together soon I think there will be a lot of new faces, including me.

Regards to all

Julie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello all - I have posted a request to join your group on FB. Our house is about 30 miles from Manchester, and I have treatment at the Christie - my primary diagnosis was June 2008, then secondary Feb 2010 (bone mets). I spend a lot of time in Oman, but will be back in the UK this summer, so would love to meet up!

Jx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Sue
It will be lovely to meet your friend -- there are a few "Cupcake Girls" who don't post here and aren't on Facebook either. No idea about date/venue, though -- Poannie did circulate a message asking about when we might get together, so hoping she has the answers!
Marilyn x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all

Do we have a date yet? I have a friend, Nicky, who also has secondaries but is not on the Forum, can I bring her along too please? She cannot drive anymore and a trip out to Manchester on the train will be a real treat for her.

Many thanks

Suex

Guest user
Not applicable

no problem at all M - the more the merrier xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Marilyn
Hope to meet up with you all soon
Jennie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Viv, Sue & Jennie -- you are now officially "Manchester Cupcake Girls" on Facebook (hope that's OK, J!).

Love, Marilyn x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi
I have just requested to join the group on FB. I have secondaries in my lungs and would appreciate being able to talk to other girls with similar experiences and feelings. I'm about 30 mins away from Manchester by train.
Love
Jennie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Poannie

I have sent a request to join the Cupcake girls too please.

Thanks Sue xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Viv -- I have sent you a PM.
Marilyn x

vivrog

Hi all
I have requested to join you on Facebook. I live in Manchester and was dx with BC in Jan. I have had 2 out of 8 cycles of chemo and not looking forward to my next one next Thursday. If I am well it would be lovely to meet up.

Viv x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Julie & Galen - you are now members of the Cupcake Girls on FB!

I've got a busy month in May, but week days should be ok, provided we sort one out soon!

Hope to see you all soon - had a few of my fellow cancer friends die just recently, so it would be nice to catch up with you all sooner rather than later

J xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

June does seem a long time away. Bring forth a May date by all means. I can do any date after the 12th. Now then, I don't recall seeing shoes at the craft centre but I'm sure I saw bags. Light shades, pictures, pottery and jewelery. Not much to go at. And seeing I left before the browsing and second courses were partaken, I feel I did miss out so I'll be sure to make up for it this time!

Love L
X x X

Ps. I'll look forward to meeting new cupcake girls!

juliet66

p.s I have requested to join too. Hope that is ok?
I have not joined you yet....

juliet66

Hi Julie,

Did you nearly get on to live chat last week??

Congratulations on the wedding. I have met you in Liverpool.
There is another Liverpool meet coming up i think (check in your area or meet ups cant remember which).

Hope you are ok. If you want to f book, pm me your details, or i will you.
I am sorry that you are not so great on EC. Lets hope it is doing the trick!!

Julie

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies

I havent been on the forums for quite a few weeks as I had my second EC chemo on 29 March and this one really floored me have been feeling really rubbish and very low ever since. I was going to get in touch re your last meet in March but it clashed with me getting married so I wouldnt have been able to make it anyway. Manchester is only an hour away for me on the train so would love to join you for necxt meet if that's ok.

Have found you on facebook and asked to join. would be nice to meet some secondaries ladies.

As for shopping between courses, Sue, you can do the shoes me I cant resist handbags

Hope all are feeling well. I had blood transfusion today so am hoping that is going to pick me up off the floor where I have been for the past 3 weeks

love to all

Julie

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

I have 'form' for shopping between courses - Manchester & Birmingham!!! Just don't let me near any shoe shops after I have had a bottle of wine!!!!!!!

I would love to meet up asap. I have very little to do in June at present either Marilyn, you are not alone, just away 4th-6th June that's all. So anytime is good for me.

Sue xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Galen -- that would be great!! I wonder, Cupcake Girls, if we can meet up sooner than June???
Marilyn x

p.s. we have a group on Facebook: Manchester Cupcake Girls! Search and join!

Guest user
Not applicable

i live in lancaster but would love to come on your next meet up , i can catch the train ,
galen

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Sue -- I love the "shopping between courses" -- Ruth & I blush in recognition! I'm so boring I have almost nothing to do in June, so I'm sure I can make most of those dates. We also have two more "local girls" who want to come: Sue who lives in South Cumbria and Jo who lives in Manchester are hoping to join us next time.
Love to all cupcake-girls, Marilyn x

SueCheshire

June sounds good, should we meet up at the same place. Its a great place because we can wander round if early and even shop between courses!

I'm away the first week in June, Tues 8th is fine, Mon 14th, Tues 16th, Thurs 17th, Mon 21st, the 22nd,the 23rd, Mon 28th, the 29th the 30th.

What do you think.

Love Sue xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Yes Joan, you were missed!

It was great to see you all. We shall have to set a new date! June has a nice ring to it - let me know!
love Lea x x x

Guest user
Not applicable

We all missed you, J. Hope the bathroom build is going well, and not too much disruption, dust, etc.
Marilyn x

p.s. Lee sent his regards to us all (via Facebook)

Guest user
Not applicable

sorry i couldn't make today ladies.....so damn much going on. Disability bathroom being started tomorrow and the Warmfront guys are coming too. Plus have a lot of achyness going on!!!

Hope you all had fun catching up and I will try my hardest to meet up at the next one!!!

Guest user
Not applicable

me too xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Can't believe tomorrow is nearly here! Really looking forward to seeing you all again!
Love Lea x x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi J
It would be good to meet Lee.
Marilyn x

Guest user
Not applicable

would anyone mind if i invited Lee, Kathryn's husband? xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Bump for anyone who'd like to join us on Tuesday! M x

Guest user
Not applicable

That's great -- I'll contact Poannie & my friend Ruth, to see if they can join us.
Marilyn x

SueCheshire

Hi

Date, time and venue are all great by me.

Sue x

Guest user
Not applicable

I'm happy with both the date and the venue, if it suits Sue too shall we say from 1130?
Lea x

Guest user
Not applicable

OK -- can I suggest Tuesday, the 23rd of March, lunch somewhere we can get good food AND cupcakes -- where do we think that might be? I'm quite fond of the cafe in the Manchester Craft Centre, near where we met last time. What do you think? Needless to say, it also provides opportunities for gormless purchases, spending the DLA . . .
Marilyn x

Guest user
Not applicable

I'm sure I'll be able to fit it with most dates this month. Got treatment this week but other than that, I should be free. Will be really great to see you all again - and anyone else with secondries who wants to join us!

Love Lea x x x x

SueCheshire

Hi Marilyn

I'm away 15th- I'll be back 22nd March. Having Herceptin at Clatterbridge on 24th- any other time is fine for me.

Sue xx

Guest user
Not applicable

BUMP!!!

When shall we meet for Spring cupcakes -- sometime before Easter?
Marilyn xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Can do most days over the next few weeks -- when is everyone else available??
Marilyn x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Can we get together soon?

Joan xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Mandy -- will be lovely to see you at next "cupcake" get-together; watch this space for date, time & venue.
Marilyn x

Guest user
Not applicable

hi Ladies,
I've heard about your group and would love to join you when you next meet up please?!I have bone mets and peritoneum secondaries and would love to meet others I could relate to with this.. please keep me posted !!!!!! Mandy xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all -- so sorry that we won't be meeting up on the 12th of August, as so many of us can't make it. Look forward to seeing all the "cupcake girls" as soon as we can find another date.
Marilyn x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Lucyloo!!

This meet up is for secondaries.... but I'd be more than happy to meet up with you for a coffee on another day? I'm always keen to meet other people in our situation!!

Feel free to private message me and we'll arrange something

xxx

lucyloo

Oh i do apologise i thought it was just a general manchester meet up, i hope you all have a lovely time
kay

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Kay -- we're a group of women with advanced/secondary bc (I have bone & liver mets) -- if you have secondary bc you'd be most welcome to join us!
Marilyn x

lucyloo

Hi ladies,
Was just wondering if this meet up was for anyone to join as i live in the manchester area if it was central manchester i would love to come along and i love cup cakes lol
Kay

Guest user
Not applicable

Mmmmmmm . . . cakes . . . why don't we try to meet at the same place as last time? Marilyn x

Guest user
Not applicable

Bumping this back up to the top!!!

Meeting up on Wednesday 12 August (that's next Wednesday ladies!!!)

Where is good for everyone to meet?

J xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

The 12th of August is great - thanks for organising this, and hope you get this job and that your husband finds something soon as well.
Marilyn x

Guest user
Not applicable

I'm really sorry I haven't been keeping up to date with this Cupcake meet up..... Things are a little hectic at the mo. Hubby's been made redundant so we're frantically trying to sort all that out!!

How is Wednesday 12 August for everyone? We can decide on a time at a later date?

Gotta go now - I've got an interview at a temping agency this afternoon!!

J xxx