Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manchester Summer Cupcakes

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Manchester Summer Cupcakes

Hi Everyone,
I hope you all got home safely? I so enjoyed meeting you again and was impressed at Sue coming from GOS. Thankyou to Leah for walking me towards Victoria.... I'm a real bumpkin who has tremors crossing roads and tramlines!!! but Manchester is so compact and I do recognise bits of streets from the 70's when I was a student there!
I can't wait to meet up again and do some serious christmas shopping.
Thankyou to all for your company , support and encouragement.
Liz xxx

SueCheshire

Hi Liz

Will do Liz, see you later.

Sue

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all,
New lady here, have checked train times etc and looking forward to a visit to the city tomorrow. It looks to be a lovely meeting place. Look out for me Sue!
Liz

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry everyone, but I won't be able to join you for cupcakes tomorrow -- been v. poorly for a week or so, and still not feeling well enough for a trip into Manchester. I Hope you have a delicious time together, and look forward to seeing you all next time!

Marilyn xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello all,

Was looking forward to the chance to meet you all, but now unfortunately am not free on 21st so will have to pass this time.

Hope you all have fun!

Jx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies

After inviting myself on Tuesday, I'm now not able to come :o(

I was really looking forward to meeting you all. I hope that you have a lovely time and I will keep on looking out for future meet-ups.

Take care Nicola xx

Guest user
Not applicable

I'm a coming along! Won't miss come hell or high water. Looking forward to seeing you all and meeting some new ladies
Love Lea x

SueCheshire

That's great Susie, I look forward to meeting you.

Sue

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls

I can come along after all, we are not going away until Wednesday so a week today I will join you at the Manchester Craft Centre. Really looking forward to it.

Susie V

SueCheshire

Hi All

Spoke to Annette on Thursday and she'd looking forward to seeing everyone.

Sue xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Had a message from J. -- she's looking forward to seeing us! xx

SueCheshire

That's great, I'll get there early around 12 and get a cuppa in the cafe incase anyone new arrives and doesn't know anybody. I'll contact Annette and mention it at SECA on Thurs.

Sue xx

Guest user
Not applicable

OK Cupcake Girls, let's do the 21st, as that seems fine for us all. Shall we say 12.30-ish for lunch, with an earlier arrival option for those of is wanting to have a mooch around the shops/studios?? If that's OK, I'll post on the Facebook Cupcakes site and tell J. & Ruth. Sue, can you tell Amnette? So looking forward to seeing everyone!

Marilyn xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Marilyn

I like the sound of eating, drinking, laughing and spending!
I certainly think I could fit into that group 🐵
I would love to join you, if you meet up at the beginning of the week. I can manage 21st September and if you do go ahead and meet up I would be very pleased to join you all.

Sue, I am under Clatterbridge but have my treatment at Chester. I am not there next until 28th Sept. My Zometa is on a Tuesday afternoon.

Take care and I very much look forward to meeting you all

Nicola xx

SueCheshire

Hi Nicola

It would be great if you can come along.

Do you have treatment at Clatterbridge? I'm there for Herceptin on Wednesday morning.

Sue x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Nicola

The Manchester "Cupcakes" group is for anyone with BC mets who can get to the Manchester Craft Centre to eat, drink, laugh and "spend the DLA". Some of us were on last year's BCC "Living with secondary breast cancer" course, some are local friends with mets and others who will hopefully be there post on the BCC Secondaries forum and live in/near Manchester. So . . . it's an open invitation to anyone with BC mets, rather than a private group. Think you might be interested in coming along later this month?

Marilyn x

Guest user
Not applicable

Is this just a meet up for old friends, or can anyone join? I am Chester so not too far away and since I now work part-time would love to join you.

Nicola xx

SueCheshire

Hi Ann

The venue is Manchester Craft Centre

http://www.craftanddesign.com/about/cafe

Lovely cafe, plenty of space and lots little shops to look around between courses.

Hope you can make it

Sue

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone I would like to join if possible and Im either not on chemo that day, only just starting next week so dont know routine yet.

Have you any idea where the venue would be too?

cheers Ann B

SueCheshire

Hi All

Can we fix a date for the meet up in Manchester, I'll be seeing Annette on Thursday at SECA and I'll to tell her and any others there a date.

Can I suggest Tuesday 21st Sept if nobody has any objections?

Love Sue x

Guest user
Not applicable

I'm still okay for either. I didn't manage time for a cake last time so need to make up for that. Oh, my tummy's rumbling at the thought!

Roll on the date! Be so good to see you all, forget the cake! The cake's just the icing on our get together...or are you guys the icing on the cake?!
Love L x

SueCheshire

Hi Sue

At the moment both dates are ok for everyone so we are waiting for someone to say they want to come but can only do one of the days.

Sue x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

I would have loved to join you to meet up but Hubby has taken that week off and we are going away for a few days, not quite sure which yet so maybe I can come. Which day have you chosen?

Sue x

SueCheshire

Hi All

I've just pm Mandyr to see if she would like to meet up,
lets leave it open for another few days.

Up to now both the dates seem to be ok for everyone.

Sue x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all -- J can make either date, so when shall we meet??? M x

Guest user
Not applicable

Great -- not sure if J has seen this, so I'll send her a message on Facebook. M x

SueCheshire

Hi Lea and Marilyn

Spoke to Annette at SECA and she can do both dates.

Any other ladies with secondaries interested in meeting up on 21st or 22nd Sept?

Sue

Guest user
Not applicable

Oooooh Lea's done it -- clever girl!! M xx

Guest user
Not applicable

I'm a bit hopeless on FaceBook, but will try to post a message about meeting up in either the 21st or 22nd.
M xx

SueCheshire

Hi L

Can you or Marilyn post the Facebook group. I've looked to see if I can do it but I don't think I can as I don't have admin rights.

I'm going to SECA at Trafford Hopsital on Thursday so I'll mention it there.

I'll give out both the dates (21st and 22nd) and see what people prefer.

Sue x

Guest user
Not applicable

I'll look out an old email. Either date is good for me - I'll make sure I am free. We can message the group on Facebook too when we have the date!

L x

SueCheshire

Hi Marilyn and Lea

Should we fix on 21st or 22nd Sept, once we have date we can let others know.

Tues 21st is best for me but I can do both dates. I do taichi on Wed but I can miss that.

I haven't got anyones e-mail address, had a hard drive failure last week (didn't back up my address!). New pc today, so if one of you could send me an old e-mail that would be great with contacts that would be great.

Sue xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Sue & Lea

I can do the 7th, 21st or 22nd of September, but unfortunately not any of the other dates -- would love to see you!

Marilyn xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hey look at this. After a long absence from the site I come on today and see this suggestion. Love to meet up. Any of the dates except the 7th and the 30th are good for me.

Hope all are good.
Love L x

SueCheshire

Hi

Is anyone interested in meeting up for Cupcakes and shopping in the Manchester Craft Centre in September.

I'll suggest some dates:
Tues 7th Sept
Mon 20th, Tues 21st, Wed 22nd
Mon 27th, Tues 28th, Thurs 30th.

Love Sue x

SueCheshire

Hi Hazel

So glsd you posted, I read the other post about Jackie and didnt recognise it was her. It was only when I read about her having a friend who she met on here that I thought it might be her and I went searching the archive to see if I could find any glues.
I remember meeting you on day 2 of the living with sec breast cancer course. Your friendship was important to her, she talked to me about you on day one. I often wondered how she was but didn't know how to get in touch-I'm so so sad to read this, she was a really lovely lady.

Sue

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ,
I am trying to pass on the sad news of my friend Jackie's death.
I attended a secondary BCC day in Manchester last year with her and I know Jackie was still in touch on the forum sometimes.I remember someone organising a cupcake meet up, hence this message.Apologies if i am posting on the wrong thread, it's 2 years since I was on the site and it has changed so much

Guest user
Not applicable

Would love to get together in June. I can do most dates except Tuesdays.

L x

Guest user
Not applicable

Any news on a June date please?

Thanks, Sue x

Guest user
Not applicable

Sue -- thanks for your message -- sent you one back!

Julie -- hope things are going better for you today, and that you're feeling lots better this week.

Marilyn x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone. Sorry about the late notice but lately I have no idea what day of the week it is let alone the date. I wont make it to a meet tomorrow. was really poorly again last week. had second taxol today and I have a dr's and a hospital appointment tomorrow.

Sorry for being a no -show.

Hope to catch up with you all next time

Julie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls

Just back from lovely short break in Lisbon with hubby but absolutely kn....tired out as had to go via Heathrow and hire a car to get back to Liverpool airport ot pick car up and then drive home....Got back at 4.30am this morning instead of about 9pm Sunday night!!!

June date will be better for me now, sorry!

Marilyn, will send you a PM.

Sue xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls -- so sorry but I'll have to cry off this week -- just too much going on for me -- including going into hospital on Friday for a cataract op -- and so will be trying to conserve my energy for that.

Hope to be recovered, have two working eyeballs and be back in the world of cupcakes for June.

Love, Marilyn xx

vivrog

Would love to meet on the 18th but have had 1st Tax today so don't know how I will feel come Tuesday......been told the SEs may be different than the EC.

Viv x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Sue -- sending you lots of good luck and crossed fingers for your bone scan next week!

Lea -- shall we try to meet on the 18th with whoever else in this now lots bigger group can join us, and also get another date for June, if possible??? I think I have an e-mail address for Annette, and could send J. a message on Facebook.

Marilyn x

SueCheshire

Hi All

I have to cancel the 18th -just had a phone call from the hospital and I'm having a bone scan....sorry.

Should we start suggesting new dates?

Sue

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,
Really sorry but I won't be able to make the 18th I have my second treatment of Docetaxol that day. Hopefully if you meet up again in the summer I will be able to make it. Hope you all have a good time.
Love
Jennie x

Guest user
Not applicable

bumping up - more takers for the 18th?
X X X

Guest user
Not applicable

And I can also make the 18th, but not any other date that week, or the following week.

Love, Marilyn x

SueCheshire

I can make the 18th- anyone else?

Sue xx