Margins not clear

Hi Ladies

Went to the hospital today for results of my op margins not clear so need to go back in for more to be taken, my surgeon cant do it until 5th sept which i went with but he did say another surgeon could do it 24th August keep thinking maybe i should have gone with that , will 10 days make a big difference ?

Hi

10 days won’t make a difference, it just means that you’re have to wait around abit longer, when you probably just want to get on with it!

Rest up and try not to worry xx

Hi Ldk, I wouldn’t have thought 10 days made any difference at all. If it did I’m sure they would have advised you. I think if you’re happy with the surgeon you had just stick with that one, after all your history is known. Nuisance to have to go back in, but that’s happened to lots of ladies on here. Good luck. X 

Hi Ldk

When I didn’t get clear margins the surgeon said he usually prefers to wait five or six weeks to let everything heal as much as possible first. It obviously didn’t make any difference in terms of anything having a chance to spread. But I was advised to have the same surgeon do the margin shave, as he’d moved a fair amount of tissue around and he’d know what he’d done.

I found the second operation was so much easier to recover from, they told me to expect it to be more painful as they were cutting into already inflamed tissue, but I was back to normal really quickly, and didn’t really have any pain to speak of.

Hope all goes well with your op, I think it’s really common to have to have a margin shave, and though it’s a disappointment at the time, it’s hopefully just another little step on the way to getting this treated and finished with.