Did you mean: 

Maroke's final journey

39 REPLIES 39
Highlighted

Re: Maroke's final journey

yes thank you jellybean - will be thinking of her tomorrow,,x

Highlighted

Just read your very moving words Doctor Jellybean and lovely poems. Peggy came on my thread entitled coping alone to share her experiences and I found her posts always wise and she came across as a vibrant lady. Will be thinking of you and her family and friends tomorrow. So very sad. Rest in peace Peggy.

Highlighted

I think this is the sadest phase this site is going through, so many lovely, supportive and inspirational ladies being lost to this desease.

My condolences to Peggy's family and friends.

Doctorjellybean, thank you for sharing the funeral information. I truly hope the family can draw strength from the text Peggy chose.

Highlighted

I am so sorry to catch up with the forums and sadly read about Peggy. It is so tragic that another lovely lady has been taken by this crap disease.

Sincere condolences to Peggy's family and friends, and I hope that she is now at peace.

Love
Dawn
xx

Highlighted

I am so sad to read this post and find another family devastated by this awful disease and more children left without their mother. I know Dippykate and Peggy were close and I hope that they are sharing something somewhere ..

Two funerals for our lovely members in two days - it is just too much.

Love and thoughts to Peggy's family and RIP Peggy...

Love
Heatherlou

Highlighted
Community Champion

DrJB
Thank you for letting us know when the funeral is, I was wondering, and also sharing the words and song choices with us. She must have had a great sense of humour from what you have said and from her choice of songs 😉 I hope there will be some happiness amongst the sad times on Friday and will be thinking of you all.
Nicky x

Highlighted

Thanks for sharing - the words are beautiful - I will be thinking of you and her family on Friday. Sincere condolences.

Highlighted

Thank you for sharing it helps us to move on but also to remember the young woman behind the name.
Love Debsxxx
R.I.P. Peggy

Highlighted

Thank you for sharing that. The words are truly beautiful and made me cry. I wish you and Peggy's family well for Friday as you lay Peggy to rest.

Highlighted

I first met Peggy in 2002, and spent 9 months with her in Gambia. It was during that time when her eldest, Maroke, was born. When she was diagnosed, she returned to Belgium with her 2 little kids. She never gave up hope, and looked for the silver lining in every dark cloud. I travelled often to Belgium from the UK, and met the rest of family. Her youngest sister was her real soulmate, they were very close. Every day, on her way to work, she would call in at Peggy's, and on her way home from work.

It was her who contacted me at the beginning of April, to tell me that they fear the worst. I immediately came over, and have been here ever since. It was heart breaking to see her detoriate, and we tried to make her last days as comfortable as possible. We took her out one sunny afternoon for ice cream and coke, and Easter Sunday to the fun fair so that she could see her kids enjoy themselves.

The hardest thing Peggy ever had to do, she told me, was to write individual letters to her family and kids for them to read when she has passed away.

During this whole time she never lost her sense of humour, no matter how much pain she was in. She even told me off for using too much salt! When I said that she must ask St Peter not to have any salt for when I get up there, she replied "huh, I'm gonna ask him not to let you in!"

Her funeral is on Friday, and she has selected the following for the service sometime ago:

Music:
Start - Sounds Of Silence (Simon & Garfunkel)
Middle - Happy Endings (Mika)
End - Always Look On the Bright Side Of Life (Monty Python)

Text:
"As I look back on my life
I find myself wondering ...
Did I remember to thank you
For all that you've done for me?
For all the times you were by my side to help me celebrate my successes and accept my defeats?
Or for teaching me the value of hard work, good judgement, courage and honesty?
I wonder if I thanked you for the simplest things ...
The laughter, smiles and quiet times we've shared?
If I've forgotten to express my gratitude for any of those things,
I am thanking you now
And I'm hoping that you've known all along how much you are loved and appreciated"

For the kids:
"I have only slipped away into the next room.
Whatever we were to each other, we are still.
Call me by the old familiar name.
Speak of me in the easy way which you always used. Put no difference into your tone.
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me.
Let my name be the household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without an effort, without the ghost of a shadow upon it.
Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same as it ever was.
There is absolute and unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am only waiting for you, for an interval,
Somewhere very near ... just around the corner."

Peggy will be missed very much.

Highlighted

I'm so sorry to hear this. My deepest condolences to Peggy's sister and adorable children, and all their family and friends.

Rest in peace, Peggy.
xxx

Highlighted

RIP Peggy. Sincerest condolences to your family, friends and loved ones.

Judy xxxx

Highlighted

So very sorry to hear this news. Thinking of all of Peggy's family and friends. RIP Peggy xx

Highlighted

I am so very sorry to hear this sad news. My sympathy to her loved ones.

Highlighted

This is such sad news, my thoughts are with Peggy's family and especially her children. She wanted so much to be there for them
Love Kathryn

Highlighted

So sorry to hear this, my thoughts are with her family especially her children. RIP hun xxx

Highlighted

I am so very sorry to hear of the death of another lovely young woman from this frightful disease
Val

Highlighted

I am so sorry to hear about Peggy. My heart goes out to her young family.
So many young women dying just lately. So heartbreaking.

Rest in peace and pain free Peggy

Sue x

Highlighted

RIP Peggy. My best wishes and thoughts to her family.

xxx Margaret

Highlighted

Another tragic loss to this bloody disease my thoughts rae with her family at this sad sad time xxxx
Maz

Highlighted

so sorry to hear this - my love to her family - she will be missed so much here...jaynex

Highlighted

So sorry to hear this -- my heart goes out to her very young children and her family & friends.
Marilyn x

Highlighted

Be at peace Peggy, may God keep your family safe for you, xxx

Highlighted

This seems to be a time for losing good women, and Peggy you were one. My sincere condolences to her family, particularly her small children and friends.

Rest in peace Peggy

Highlighted

My thoughts are with her family. RIP Peggy
nicky

Highlighted

My deepest sympathy to Peggys family and friends
RIP
Dot
x

Highlighted

I am so sorry to hear this news lots of love to her family and friends CArolinew

Highlighted

I am so very sad to hear this news.

Peggy I really enjoyed our 'chats' thank you for the support you gave me. I send my deepest sympathy to your husband, children, sister and father and all your family.
R.I.P. Peggy.
Love Debs and Ianxxx

Highlighted

Such sad news. I had hoped she would have longer with her children. Thinking of them, the rest of Peggy's family and her friends.

Kay

Highlighted
Community Champion

So sorry to hear this awful news. I read Peggy's postings last year but had never met her, she sounds a lovely lady. My thoughts are with her family and friends.
Nicky x

Highlighted

So sorry to hear this news and desperately sad for Peggy's children and family. I will miss your posts Peggy and I hope you are now at peace. Am at a loss for words. xx

Highlighted

I am so very sorry to hear about Peggy. I always found her posts enlightening and interesting. I am sure her children will be very proud of their mother and my best wishes go to them.

Cathy
xxx

Highlighted

I'll miss your posts too Peggy.

So very sorry. Thoughts with your family and friends and particularly your children.

Jane X

Highlighted

I am so very sorry to read this news. I will miss your posts, Peggy. My thoughts and best wishes to everyone who knew you, and most especially to your children.

Rest in Peace,

Jenny
xx

Highlighted

So very sorry to read this, I never met Peggy in real life but we chatted here and on live chat, I also saw her webiste. Yet another young mother taken from her family, my heart breaks for her children, and her family. Thinking of them.

Cathyxx

Highlighted

So sorry to hear this sad news. i know Peggy hadn't posted for a while but asumed she was enjoying some time with her lovely children. i feel desperatly sad for her and her children. God bless you Peggy
caroline

Highlighted

This is such very sad news. My heart breaks for her little children whom she was so desperate not to leave. RIP Peggy, your family and friends are in my thoughts.
Lesley xx

Highlighted

I'm so sad to read this news...my love and sincere condolences to all Peggy's family and friends.
With Love, Belinda..x Rest in Peace Peggy...x

Highlighted

Dear Doctorjellybean

On behalf of everyone at Breast Cancer Care please accept our sincere condolences. Our thoughts are with Peggy's family and friends at this sad time.

Kind regards,
Jo, Facilitator

Highlighted

Maroke's final journey

It is with great sadness that I have to inform you all that Peggy passed away peacefully in her sleep on Saturday afternoon. She was one very brave girl, and had a lot of fighting spirit. Unfortunately, it just became too much and I believe that she is now in a much better place. She will be missed by us all, but we will have our memories forever.

Thank you for all your support, wishes. It was very much appreciated by Peggy.