Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

Me again,

GeorgieB - Sorry, keep meaning to say that your photo is really good and when I see you smiling away it cheers me up.

Bye again.

Beryl XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Good morning lovely ladies

Thought I'd get on here early to start the day off.

Good luck to anyone having treatment, sorry I've lost the plot a bit about who's having what and when the morning. I know Franoli and Spacehopper are going and will be thinking of you.

Everyone who had chemo recently hope you are getting your sleep and that you are feeling OK. Those s/e's staying away or are minimal.

Had a good night sleep last night, again without the aid of sleeping tablet. Like others I'm dreaming a lot and they pretty random.

Patchit - Thank you for your kind words. Yes, my husband is very supportive in everything and always puts me first, even before his golf, so that's saying something. Sometimes I have to give myself a nudge and not let myself get too needy. He needs his space as well to help recharge for anything that's coming. We are new to this game and no two days are necessarily the same. As we all say - a day at a time!

I'm very reluctant to talk about hair because don't want to put the mockers on anything. Had cold cap treatment at my first session so it all depends on what happens prior to next. Currently at day 19 today and the top of my scalp is sensitive. Hair wash day today, so we will see what happens, fingers crossed. Pargayan - I feel the same way as you and may give up cold cap if starts going big time. I sometimes wonder if they just let you try it to give you some hope. I know a lady that did c/cap and she kept her hair. It thinned out a little but saying that, I don't know what type of chemo she had. I know one of the was TAX.

Marie 67 - Enjoy your shopping today and your blood will be up to par for your next session. I can just imagine the scene in M&S with the two of you going through everything and in and out of the changing rooms!

Peanut (Mary) - Hope you are feeling OK today and that you are coping etc. Early days I know, will be thinking about you.

Hope all the ladies we haven't heard from for a while are doing OK. Even if you haven't posted we are all, I'm sure, thinging of you and wishing you speedy recoveries.

Off to finish my breakfast before braving shower and hair wash.

Bye for now.

Hugs and best wishes and virtual hands across the miles.

Beryl XX

Bettie

Hi Georgie, people keep saying the same thing to me and it is dead frustrating. I have been told also that this will happen. I think we need to have these things in place and to deal with things our way. To be fair I think people are just trying to be kind because they just cant contemplate that it could happen.

Just ordered some scarves in bright colours for the summer. Feel better already!

Have a good day

Bettie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Bettie

Yes the reality check has had many of us in tears. My first appt with my Onc saw me reduced to a blubbing mess. So much so that he wouldn't accept my consent at the time for chemo & I had to have another appointment to see him. With regards to alcohol a little of what you fancy is sometimes nice. To be honest your body will let you know whether it's a good thing or not so try a few sips. You might need wait until you are several days from having chemo to give your body time to deal with the chemical onslaught before it processes alcohol. I was told to drink Guiness by the hospital to help with blood results. I drank it in week 3 after my first treatment & enjoyed it. I've tried it in week one this time & it doesn't feel good to drink so my body is telling me it's too early. Just listen to yours.

Twinky x

GeorgieB

Morning I bought some scarves from annabandana, I wander how many of us will buy the hat and scarf from the front of the next catalogue! My mother is really annoying me as when I talk about hair loss she keeps saying it may not happen..... A friend came over yesterday and said the same thing, my mother said " don't say that she will bite your head off" I am positive about everything but how can I be positive about something that I have been told will happen! Especially as my hair follicles feel weird!

Bettie

Morning all, can anyone tell me the best web sites for scarves, headwear? Alternatively I live in the Stourbridge area West Mids so if anyone knows of any stockists nearby?

Bye, have a good day all

Bettie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening ladies

Lots of chats today. I've had the decorator around going to do living room and trying to co ordinate between chemo in week 2/3, daughter thinks I should wait but sod it, while I'm off I'll make the most of it with time.

Like you Joan hair still sort of hanging in but more shiny buts appear daily. Still sufferingvhorrible indigestion, and munching in Gaviscon but hey ho.

Glad everyone's treatments have been ok and no awful sideceffects.

Yes Wintersocks I work, but am a teacher so have to wait until all done to go back to work, hoping to go back part time for a few weeks before the end if summer term, then back to normal ( whatever that is) in September.

Marie we have booked a week away at end of chemo first week in July to Vrixham in Devon, I love that part of the world, can't wait.

Hope everyone else is ok, like Joan says 50 names far too many to mention.

Wishing you all a good nights sleep.

Hugs. Carolyn xxx

Patchit

Crickey! Busy day on here ladies!

My hair was coming out quite a lot by about day 18 when I had a no 1. I am now day 8 of session 2 and still have some hair but my scalp is really shiny, so obviously not much hair left!
Glad those ladies who have had treats this week seem to be coping reasonably ok on the whole. Sorry for those who are having problems, I hope they lessen over the next day and that you can enjoy the weekend.

Thinking of you Beryl, lots to cope with, hope that husband of yours has strong shoulders! Life is really unfair and hard sometimes, I hope you can find some comfort somewhere, looking forward to spending some time with your daughter maybe at Easter. Hugs to you xxx

Socks, my little cat is called Patch (hence my name). She is not so little now, having had steroids for the last 6 weeks or so! I did a head count for March and think there are about 50 of us in total!
Spacehopper and Franoli, good luck for tomorrow. Here is my hand to hold and big hug to you both and anyone else going for treats tomorrow. Xxxx

Amylou, good luck for your results tomorrow and to Dulcie going for your scans over the next couple of days xxx

Sleep well everyone, sweet dreams! I am dreaming loads at the moment! Really random short dreams! Weird!

Joan xxxx

wintersocks

Hello,

back again! I am 7 days post 1st chemo. Can anyone please tell me when the hair starts to come out?

Thanks

Socks xxx

Bettie

Hi all, hope you've all been enjoying the sunny weather.

Went for my first apt to the Oncologist and chemo starts next Weds. I was really calm until I went onto the day unit where I promptly burst into tears. It was a real reality check and I'm sure you have all felt the same.

Had a really frustrating afternoon at our Womens Hosp where I'm being treated for another medical problem. In the end I said you know what I can only deal with one thing at once otherwise I'd go crackers! I think in the end the doc was glad to get rid of me!

Tomorrow is another day and I'm going to have a glass of wine now for medicinal purposes. Can anyone advise whether the odd glass of wine is ok when you're having chemo or is it best to avoid it all together.

Night Night everyone, hope you all have a good night and that the sun is still shining tomorrow.

Love Bettie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Well done EBH!! Glad your juicing went ok today, but I cant believe 2hr wait for the pharmacy?? My meds were ready and waiting for me for my first time, wonder if they will be the second time????

Ah sorry Amylou, got the wrong end of the stick! The wig shop is in the balmoral building. I have only just had my first chemo, so I wont start rads til september I think. Got to get thro this bit first!

Hope you have a good night. God bless

EBHippo

Hi all

Sitting here sipping on the water and got the ginger biscuits out again !!!! Cocktails went really well but they hadnt got my meds so had to hang around for over 2 hrs while pharmacy got their act together.

Lindy - lovely to see you again, you make the waiting room a much nicer place. hope all is good and you are ok.

EBhippo originates from my initials and the hippo bit because given the choice i am always in the bath wallowing in red hot bubbles. That is one thing i miss on week 1 of chemo but believe me i am back in by week 2.

Feeling a little queasy a bit earlier around this time but is that just because my body knows what it has got to go through.

Wishing us all a sleepy night with minimal se's, love to all and thanks once again for all your support, you really do make this doable xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi gabbylamb x

Im from hinckley hunni but currently living in the osborne building at the royal. first chemotherapy didn't go down well at all but hopefully the next one will be better. Im a bit nervous about a wig to be honest i know I'll get one but i told my daughter she could pick it which is probably a bad move( she's 7) i didn't know there was a wig shop here! I'll have to see if they'll let me out for 10 to have a look. when do you start your radio therapy chick x x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Amylou! you really are close to the hospital arent you! Wish I was! It takes me a 30 min drive to get to Glenfield then take the bus to the LRI, all in all a long journey, which isnt so bad during this time but Im dreading doing it everyday when I go for radiotherapy. Have you had a venture into the wig shop there? if so what are your thoughts?

love Gabby

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening everyone.

Sorry I've not been online for a few days, but back now.
Well went for ct scan yesterday as planned hope to get results tomorrow if i see my consultant on the ward. he popped and paid me a visit yesterday which was nice.
View from my window is the leiscester tigers stadium its litteraly over the road so can't really grumble. i tried to tie a head scarf today but ended up looking like a beardless simbad so that really needs working on but Im sure I'll get the nac eventually.

Sorry if this looks like a random post but just realised i can get signal on my phone to do it, so its a bit of excitement crossed with trying to rush before i lose it.

Going to read all the posts I've missed out on since Monday and will have more personal messages the next time i can get on.

Just incase its not tonight i wish everyone the loveliest night sleep and the best dream they've had for a while.

Night night x x x

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening ladies,
Welcome Sacehopper and Franoli, good luck with chemo tomorrow.
Kitcat hope you sre still doing ok sfter your spell in hospital.
EBHippo so glad that your bloods were ok and hope all went well with your chemo today.
Dulcie hope all goes well with your scans over the next 2 days.
Peanut glad you are doing ok after your chemo.
Carolyn I to was loooking at when me and hubby could get away for a break, like you I have to have radiotherpy after chemo, so looks like it may be September, as he has rostered holiday, oh well it gives me more time to decide where to go , I am fancying a nice cottage by the sea somewhere!!!
Well got to have pre chemo bloods done tomorrow, hair still coming out and bald spots appearing the rate seems to be speeding up!!! Hubby working shifts so won;t be able to shave it off until Sat a.m not brave enough to do it myself.So for My trip to M&S will be modelling a scarf, as don't want to give other shoppers a shock if hair falls out totally ( remembering the Wimbeldon scene) whilst popping in and out of changing cubicles!!!!!
Friend coming along thinks she thinks the shock of clothes shopping will be too much for me!!!
Love and Hugs to all
Jane

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh, I am proud to join the Marchies! Thank you for such a wonderful welcome. Jane (Wolsty), I also live in Ealing! AND I was in Maggies on Tuesday with my daughter - it was our first visit so I was a bit tearful and we didn't stay very long. Maybe we can meet up there if our trips coincide?

So much to catch up on with this thread but I'll enjoy reading about your journeys and I'm sure I'll pick up loads of information.

Off for my first chemo tomorrow. Not sure how much sleep I'll get tonight but no doubt it will all happen regardless tomorrow.

Good night all,

Franoli x

pargayan

Hi ladies, what a glorious day, hope that most of us have been able to enjoy the beutiful weather.

Welcome to the new ladies who have unfortunately had to come and join us.

EBHippo - glad your bloods were ok

My 2nd juice was on monday and took 4.5 hours as I had to have my bloods done again, the red blood count was down on the friday. Luckily they were ok so all went ahead. I persevered with the cold cap despite my hair starting to fall out in numerous strands on day 20, but as it is still falling out I may not bother anymore with the cold cap. I have found out I am on FEC100 and apparently the cold cap success rate goes down quite alot with this one. Wish I had known that at the beginning!
All other hair seems to be hanging on in there - I had a good laugh at the pants / pubes episode.

I have had more nausea and a loss of appetite this time round but am happy to say I can stil eat choclate which is good news now it makes us slim!! Can't drink alcohol though which is really annoying!

Carolyn and Rae, fruit pastilles are my real sin but I too love wine gums and the sharp Haribo, and I also love Jaffa cakes yum yum.

Since I was ill on friday I don't love my homemade lemon drizzle cake anymore (sob sob) which is a bit of a bu***r as I made a huge one for when some friends came round and there is loads left. Hubbie is happy though as he has it with ice cream and now it is all his.

Sorry for waffling on, seem to have a bit of verbal d******. Love to all and hope everyones se's are minor or at least manageable and those on steroids manage a reasonable nights sleep tonight.
xx

wintersocks

Evening All,

Wintersocks, or rather Spring socks! Isn't it lovely. I have not been on for a few days as my Mum has been here. Just a few comments to others as I have not had time to look through all posts.

Beryl, Many thanks for your very much needed moral support, I really did need it especially after the other nights.
I hope you enjoyed your spag bol? My home-made is a firm favourite with the 14yr old. He would eat it everynight if I let him!

Patchit - Thanks too, for your kind and lovely words! - much needed. I will have to organise my meds better next time. Off all now. I do not like those steroids, they make me feel really jittery. My organiser (Mum) has gone home now.

Poppy, - I do hope your son is doing well, and I do wonder if you are able to talk with him about both of your dx's. It must feel very odd and surreal at times for both of you?

Peanut - I know you have gone for your 1st chemo, and do hope you are feeling ok?

Carolyn - I do feel that working is not good for me. Mentally, I think we all need to feel useful, plus it takes the focus off the bc. Do you work? I might ask mine if I could do some freelance sessions (health permitting)

Raechi - You will be stick - thin unless you can eat a bit more, what have the nurses said to you? do they know chemo is disrupting your appetite?

Marie67 - Ex is holidaying in Morroco now, oh well I'm just having 'moderate discomfort' from chemo, so no worries eh? (tee hee)

Eb Hippo, -what is the origin of that mad name you have? - Are your bloods sorted yet?

Choccie - Hello lovely lady, I do hope you are ok and please remember we are here for you too, even though not as seasoned as you! - Meds advice will take!

Franoli - hello there new lady (to the club where no one wants to be). I agree with you it can be hard to be allowed a platform from friends and family to be able to talk freely about our hopes and fears. I just think it frightens them, but they need to listen if they can.

Joan - yummy pussy-cats, mine is called Socks and he sleeps on my bed. at the moment he has a rather large bald patch! I will have to take him to the vets if it doesn't improve. What's your little one called?

Well, here is an update for myself: minimum se (just bit h'burn) but today ( day 6) I have a bit of a sore throat. I did mention it to bc nurse and she said would check with chemo nurses and get back to me - but she hasn't.

I have had another look at my path report (well peeked really), do know is grade 2 ER 8/8, and my chemo is neo -adjuvant (thinks..)

I do not know what my Ct says, I couldn't ask and that is scaring me a little. Do they tell you (the onc)or do you have to ask?

I have to have mx, rads and hormone therapy.

The nurse said my recent meltdown - is part triggered by the steroids. She also went over my treatment plan too, what the onc has planned for me. Will tell if anyone interested, otherwise might be boring.

Well, I have just cooked for my son and his friend (all packets, no guilt!) that's a step in the right direction surely?

Also, my hair has been cut and is horrid, but I thought I may as well get it done. The thought of it falling by itself is just too traumatic. Will post pic soon.

I am sorry have not mentioned all, but there feels to be so many of us. I wonder how many? someone should count! Maybe March is a peak, could be research?

Night to all special ladies, and just one last thought: if chemo is inside us to do good, why are we always trying to 'wash it out of our system?' - Hpmh!

WS xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Ooh I want that addiction Rae, no scrap that I already have it. I love Haribo, wine gums, midget gems in fact any jelly like sweet.

Carolyn xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

thank you Rae and Jackie, there is a Toni and Guy near me, I may ring them and ask them their prices. It seems pointless to me to pay loads of money for something I may only wear occasionally. Im now undecided as to whether I go get my hair cut shorter so I can sort of get my brain into accepting that I cant hang on to the old hair for much longer. Why is this such a dilemma? Sigh... months ahead I will think I have made such a big deal of such a silly thing, but at the moment.................oh well, thank you for your posts ladies. 🙂

raechi

And...i think i have discovered an new SE. Addiction to Haribo. I am sure its like pregancy cravings.. the fizzy ones.. nom nom..
I cant be eating too many of them as i'll have no teeth left!

Rae
x

raechi

Hi Gabby,
Some of the Toni and Guy shops also do wigs and will then cut them for you. Have a look on their site.
Rae
x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Gabby,

I think it depends on your hospital what happens with wigs - I went for my hospital referral last week and like you the choice was very limited - she had a book of styles but only a few to try on. I was told I'm allowed one free but can't have money towards another one - which I'd already bought. So I took the best of the bunch and will have it trimmed by my hairdresser sometime soon - or perhaps try the Trevor Sorbie scheme. Apparently I can have another free one in six months if I want it! I went for a bit darker than the one I'd already bought which is like my own hair and highlighted - thought when it grows back it won't have highlights but I haven't had my natural colour for 40 years so haven't a clue what it'll be like!

Anyway I thought having a back up would be a good idea in case I forget and open the oven and it melts!

Hope you find one you're happy with!

Jackie xx

poppyD

Hi

After seeing posts re LGFB i booked one in April. I was lucky the hospital was putting extra session on so managed to get place.

Had my hair cropped today think it looks ok. No sign of falling out yet.

Its wear a hat for Brain tumor research tomorrow to raise awareness so should see lots of people in hats tomorrow

love to everyone pops x

Guest user
Not applicable

thank you so much southernlucy!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Gabby. I think you can use your prescription in other wig shops but only certain brands. If you buy your own rather than use prescription you don't have to pay VAT which makes a big difference. I couldn't find an NHS one that looked normal for me so did buy one and it was about £100 minus VAT. Trevor Sorbie has set up a scheme called My New Hair (after his SiL lost her hair with chemo) which trains hairdressers in fitting and styling wigs, they list all the participating shops on his website, that's how I found mine. Over 5 months of wig wearing no one other than those I told knew I had lost my hair. Didn't really have a problem with it being hot in the winter but website might have info on lighter cooler ones for the summer. Also having it trimmed to fit your face made it less styled, I found they all looked a bit too hairdresser perfect.

You are right in the one day at a time, even if you have a bad day just think it will pass and enjoy the good spells. I am now enjoying having hair even if it is grey and a severe Annie Lennox look, shame I haven't got her voice. xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

back from my wig appointment, and felt it was a waste of time. I didnt like the three wigs I was shown, and there was nothing more. Does anyone know if you can use your prescription in anywhere other than the designated hospital wig shop? The lady there said I was obviously not ready to do this, probably she is right, but nothing looked not obviously wiggy, and there was so little choice 😞 . Not sure where to go from here about the hair problem.

Love to all having chemo today - and I must say I still feel I am getting off very lightly with the side effects!! One day at a time tho.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Ladies,

I haven't been on here for a few days and way too much for me to catch up on, glad to see that most people are getting on ok though.

I have less than a week now till the 2nd dose and I'm starting to get myself worked up about it already. I don't know why because I suffered minimal se's last time but people keep telling me that each dose affects you differently so am worried I got off lightly last time. Keep feeling like I want to cry every time i think about it just like the first time, seems really stupid but i can't seem to reason with myself.

On the up-side I have finally made my wig appointment at Hair to Ware for 5th April, day after my 2nd dose so a bit worried I'll be feeling crap but I was alright on day 2 last time so fingers crossed.

I'm on day 16 and so far I haven't noticed any signs of hair loss (anywhere). When is it meant to start?

My sore mouth is much better now, Corsodyl seems to work wonders. I have bought some Manuka Honey lozenges ready for next time though.

EBHippo - Very pleased that your bloods were ok to go ahead and hopefully you'll be over the se's in time for your sons wedding.

Franoli - Pleased you could join us Marchies, i don't think you'll find a nicer group of ladies to be along with you for the ride. I know what you mean about needing to get your CT and bone results, I felt completely out of control until I had the whole picture, hope you get the scans done soon and don't feel bad about pushing to get them done sooner if necessary.

Peanut1955, Kittyqueen & Lottie63 - Hope your first chemo went well this week and you're not suffering too badly. If you are suffering then just remember that it will pass and you'll feel better in just a few days.

Must go, little one is just waking up from her nap. Have a nice evening all, Jules x

Guest user
Not applicable

Afternoon Ladies

Sorry I'm a bit late posting today! Didn't take a sleeping tablet last night, thought I'd see what happens. Actually slept quite well and got up at 5.30 and had some breakfast about 6.00. My eyes started to fail me about 7.30, so went back to bed until 9.00. With all these lovely goodies given me I thought I'd give them a go today. Usually cleanse, tone and moisterise my face daily to try and keep skin looking reasonable. Just tried different products today which was nice. Haven't bothered with all the rest apart from my eyebrows. My eyebrows have always been sparse due to over plucking in my youth, foolish thing to do but fasionable at the time (70's).

Feeling normal today apart from the flagging stamina later on in the day, but think that is par for the course.

Been into Hunstanton with Hubby for coffee and scone. Weather here is just right and the sea is so calm. By the weekend it will be heaving with tourist etc. Believe that the half term starts for Easter, but not sure. Traders will love it and will boost their tills, just what they all need. I do hope that I didn't overstep the mark yesterday with my postings. Sometimes I bang the drum a bit and don't mean to. We all need encouragement going through this and at the moment it is the only way I have of dealing with it. I hope you all understand? Enough about me.

New ladies that have joined us - Welcome! We give each other so much support in many ways. Some our experiences will the same and obviously some not. It's good to be able to read and join in whenever we feel like it. Some I'm sure just prefer to reed. Must admit to going on other months Forums to see how they have progressed and it spurs me on.

Ladies I do hope that you get or got your treaments today and all goes well.

Dulcie - Got my goodie bag though LGFB (Look Good Feel Better) which sponsored through charitable organisation. Major cosmetic groups donate their products to them and they set up these sessions all over the country. Mine was at Queen Eliz 11 hospital here in King's Lynn. They gave me a leaflet when I went for my first chemo. If you search on this website you can find your nearest location. Having said that it didn't show it available at my hospital. You might want to ring your chemo unit and find out where your nearest one is and get your name down. The places get taken up quite quickly, which is understandable considering what you get and, regardless of that, it's nice to go and get pampered.

When I phoned them I got an answer machine and left my details and they phoned me back. The places are not manned all the time and run by volunteers. You may not get a call back straight away. Didn't have to show any proof that I was under going any treatment. In fact, when I went in the lady asked if I'd come to help? Must have thought I looked well. That gave me a bit of a boost in itself! Sadly, I had to say "I wish, but no I've come for treatment". See if you can get something sorted out before your start and it will be something to look forward to. Mary P's got her appointment sorted out already and I told her to try and make it even if she doesn't feel 100%. If you cancel you really don't know when you'll get another. They originally gave me the end of May, but someone cancelled so got in quicker and it happened to be on my good week which worked out well.

I'm thinking about you all and thank you for wondering if I was OK because posting later than normal.

Had a nice time with my friend yesterday morning when she came round for coffee. It was nice to just talk about relatively normal things. She has her health issues as I commented before. Keeps having to follow daily medical routine and occasionally go into hospital if things fall below certain level. Going to see my other friend who is now in a nursing home for 24 hour care. That is going to be very emotional for both of us. Don't know how I'm going to handle it yet but it has to be done. Start my next chemo soon and won't be able to go then. It's very hard all this stuff.

Won't be posting on Saturday because should be away visiting family. Will probably be able to read posts but not sure yet.

Everyone take care and those that have just had and are having treatment today hope everything is OK and s/e's not kicking in.

Best wishes to all.

Beryl XX

lottie63

Hi marchies
Day 2 after chemo and Im actually not feeling that bad, is this the calm before the storm ? slightly queasy, very red faced, but thats its so far... Going to get out with the dog in a bit oooh fresh air just what I need, appetite good thus far, but sleeping rubbish, taking steriods as early as poss 😞

KittyQ, Cannot believe you went to work day after chemo, well done you, dont overdo it though you are number 1, Im due back next week, weds/thurs so hopeing be ok as white blood cells due to be down then fingers x be ok.

Well hope everyone enjoying the good days and the sunshine 🙂 very jealous of the ladies who live at the coast !! Anyone with treatment looming good luck to you all anyone with horrid SE's may they disappear soon x

Hugs Janice x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning ladies

Well it's official the country has gone mad! Needed petrol this morning so been out to get shopping at the same tine, had to que round the supermarket and into the main road, then people are so annoying coming out of the shop past the petrol station, it's as if you dobt move then all petrol will disappear, people block exits and throws you looks because you want to drive past!

Another beautiful day here through, not sure how I'm going to manage in heat with wig though.

Another fab post Choccie, such wise words. Definitely no such thing as too many Jaffacajes, and last night we were even comparing brands, got some McVities and Cadbueys, original McVirues definitely better a much sifter sponge -god isnt life exciting. Can lesson 5 be eat as many wine gums/ midget gems as possible as well?

Joan get as much as you can from doctor, I could tell you stories about my sister in law which make my blood boil, so go fir ut. I was prescribed Difflam when I had chronic throat problems pre cancer, so now swear by it, the same with anything, anti histamines and definitely Ibuprofen gel, especially as they may be able to prescribe stronger stuff.

Rae sounds like you may have try to get booked on a different workshop, there's loads on their website, unfortunately Mount Vernon have a long wait until the end of May at the moment, but it sounds as if it's definitely worth the wait. I've booked myself into a free make up session with Benefit next week, so that's worth a try, and also LGFB do a book and DVD which is worth a look.

So glad bloods ok EBHippo, what a relief. Welcome Franoli, you sound at the same stage as me, I've had my op though, luckily no lymph node so 2 down 4 to go, then rads. Weird last night trying to sort out time off with OH then realised ut will be the end if August before everything including rads is finished. God thats ages away.

Come on Beryl we are waiting for your bright outlook, hope you're ok.

Wishing everyone a good day, love and hugs to those being cooked today.

Love to all

Carolyn xxx

GeorgieB

Just a quickie as being taken out for lunch aaaaagain! But for make up tips look on you tube chemotherapy eyeliner. The girl with the title the foolproof guide to liquid eyeliner is very good. She has tips for everything... I fantasise I will look like her...,!

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning everyone
Had a good nights sleep following first session, mind you i was exhausted as not slept properly for days! Feeling good so far, taking all meds and drinking plenty of water.
Beryl is late today, hope she is ok!
So sorry cant remember everyones names just so many of you but i do remember things people have said so I have to keep going back to see who said it!!
So pleased for you Hippo that you will have your treatment.
Thinking of you all
Best wishes
Mary P xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning everyone!
Franoli..i am similar too you at the moment in ..some ways...i have Fibromyalgia..etc..and going for a bone scan tomorrow and CT scan on Saturday ..to see if its somewhere else already! i havent had surgery...yet!
One thing i am worried about is my teeth! they look ok from the front..but inside is like an 'old bone yard' i need loads of fillings and i have the mercury ones from years ago! and i have a lump in my jaw from having a tooth out in November...the dentist xrayed and said it was ok...but still got the lump...so i am concerned about chemo and teeth....obsessed in fact!

I really sorry some of you ladies have been having a hard time in the night...hugs to you xxx

Oh regarding the scarves ..i bought a knotted plait on a scarf site on Ebay..it will hold the scarf in place ...and i will look like 'Lawerence of Arabia' or 'Yasar Arafat'...
Beryl where are you getting your 'goodie' bags from..please? all sounds good!

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning lovely ladies,

EbHippo - I'm so pleased that you're having your treatment today - good luck and little se's!

I must be the only person on here who doesn't find my wig too hot - it's quite short (actually very short!) and now I've trimmed mine to half an inch all over - very hedgehog like - it's no problem at all -touch wood and hoping that the summer says at these sort of temperatures!

My scalp and follicles are really sore at night - I woke up a couple of times because of that the last couple of nights which is why I hacked off my hair - thought it might be a strain on the follicles that was causing the problem. My hair is falling out generally but not in patches yet - day 21 and not sure what it will do to my hair as my next chemo isn't now till next week. Has anybody else got this or any suggestions please???

Have a good day wherever you are in the cycle!

Jackie x

Patchit

Welcome along Franoli, wish you weren’t joining us but you have joined a group of lovely ladies who will help you on your way, and you on ours, I am sure! I am having my treatment the other way round, having had an mx in January, now chemo, next rads then tamoxifen. I also had bone & CT scans, which are both fine, just lots of hanging around, and quite routine. I also have fibromyalgia, which I am prescribed diclofenic for, and you can take those along chemo, so I was told. All I can say is that I have found the support on here invaluable, I just try to take one day at a time and gave myself time to adjust to things as I went along. There is so much information, I found it hard to process it all at once, so I just try to deal with the bit I am going through at the time and not get concerned over what lies ahead. Big hug to you xxx

Kitcat, sorry to hear of your hospital visit but glad you are sorted out now.

KQ, the exercises I do are the post-surgery ones, did you get a leaflet from your BCN in hospital?

EBH, thank goodness for that!!!! As you say, at least you avoided the worry about the treat today! Every cloud, eh?

Off to work for a bit now
Hugs
Joan xx

ps, Beryl is late today, having a little lie in lovely? Hope you are ok. xxx

Wolsty

Hi All

Welcome Franoli - I'm a bit like you - no cancer in my family, found lump, all scans clear but one node showed traces so have now had my 2nd (of 6) session of chemo, followed by surgery, radiotherapy and Herceptin. I was at the Maggies Centre on Tuesday for the LGFB session which was fantastic - I live in Ealing - where are you?

Kitcat - sorry you ended up in hospital but glad they sorted you out.

EBhippo - so glad you are able to have your treatment today and keep to your schedule - what a relief!

I am off for a Reiki session this morning then going to have a restful day as I hope to go out with some friends for a couple of hours this evening.

Have a good day

Jane x

poppyD

Hi

Kittyqueen

if you look on this website they will send you a CD> I was advised after SNB to do exercises and need to keep them up as i am having axilla radiotherapy later . the exwecises cut down the liklehood of lymphodaema

love pops

EBHippo

Thank you for all your support and prayers last night - somebody up there was listening at last - just rang the chemo suite and my blood levels are back to normal so just glugging water like its going out of fashion and all set to go.

At least last night I didnt have the 'this time tomorrow' syndrome as I really was prepared for the worst.

Many thanks to you all, holding my hand out at 10:30 though know it will be more like 11:30 [sure you all know what I mean]......

Love to all, will check in later xxxxxxx

megsmum

Morning ladies hope everyone is ok, just a quick post as i have work friends coming to update me on all the juicy gossip. :-).
I developed oral thrush within 4 days of having chemo i rang the unit and was told to get Fluconazole 150mg tablet, Gp prescribed it and it cleared it straight up, you can buy it over the counter but its about £10.
Off to tidy up now xx

Kittyqueen

Oh quick question.....what exercises are you supposed to do to preveny Lymphodema....no-one's mentioned that to me...eeeek shall I add it to my worry collecton? I had lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy???

Kittyqueen

Morning All,

Choccie Muffin..lovely words last night...hugs xxx

Raechi- yep I've had a mild headache since my first chemo on Tuesday not bad enough for tabs but I know it's there bit like the morning after the night before...and I am the mad cat lady :)))))))) I have 6 bengals and a rescue mog :))))

Patchit- I too went into work yesterday did about 5 hours and felt like you so I watched all the soaps, had a bath and put myself to bed early. I never watch soaps cept Emmerdale lol.

Wintersocks- the tab diary of CM's idea is brill...I've also started to keep a daily 'how i feel record' I just do morning, afternoon and evening...seems to make me feel better to write it down.

EBhippo- Hope all went well for you this morning.

Love and hugs to everyone else

i have woken up with the tomato face today...don't really mind as was deathly pale yesterday..even the bonzer looked liked it was sitting on my skin asking 'what am I doing here'!!!!

KQ xxxxx

raechi

Oh and welcome franoli. I am sure I am going mad. Posts seem to pop up that weren there before. I can't believe I missed your post.
I am on the same treatment as you, plus surgery and rads post chemo so am more than happy to share and answer any questions you may have. I am not expert that's for sure, but there are lots of lovely ladies on here who will chip in too.

Good luck for tomorrow. Sending you a big hug.

Rae
X

poppyD

Hi

Rae i bought a cheap eyebrow kit with stencils on amazon it is a cosmopolitan havent tried it yet.

there is also advice on LGFB site and in BBC leaflet re hair loss

lots of love

pops x

poppyD

Hi everyone

Georgie, I use electric toothbrush still but I only use it on teeth, i use baby brush for gums and mouth. If your gums start to bleed then you need to be very careful. I was given antibacterial mouthwash and advised to use 4 times a day. I only use it twice a day as they tend to discolour your teeth and my gums are fine

someone asked about thrush you are more likley to get oral or vaginal thrush during chemo and therefore need to speak to GP for medication to zap it.

Good luck Ebbhippo and anyone else whos having treatment today

went to headstrong yesterday and have suppllies in case my hair doesnt hold out.
Better go and do those exercises i dont want lymphodaema too think i got enough probs

love pops x

raechi

Oh my, this flipping iPad. I am just waiting for the day it autocorrects what I am saying to something random and rude! Apologies in advance 🙂

Kitcat

Unfortunately ended up in hospital yesterday (day 7, second course) due to feeling so ill I could hardly function. Fortunately I didn't have an infection but was dehydrated despite drinking bottles of water and other extras.

It was worth going as they have topped me up with various meds to make things a bit more comfortable. I stayed for about five hours and was then allowed home.

So if anyone needs to use a helpline number I can recommend it. They don't think you're making a fuss and can give you new meds to help.
KC

raechi

Hi kinsse,
Re LGFB Cambridge, they aren't running thecworkshopscat the moment due to logistical issues. I am kicking myself as I was booked on the last one and moved it as I thought I would wait until I started treatment.
Gutted.
I got a mail from them saying they would let me know if they start again. So we will see.
Anyone got any tips for drawing on eyebrows so I don't look permanently surprised 🙂
Rae
X

Patchit

Morning ladies

CM, I wondered where you had been for the last couple of days, its good to hear from you again! As ever, wise words

Spacehopper, welcome aboard the emotional rollercoaster! This BC lark messes with your brain as well as your body, doesn't it?!!!!

Carolyn, I didn't realise the GP can prescribe mouthwash. I have my exemption card so I guess I should give them a call. Can you also get ibuprofen gel, which I use for my forearm after chemo for a couple of days? I feel a bit guilty getting all this stuff on prescription (sorry, CM, I had better get on that bench!). I am going to try (again) to go out in a scarf again today. The wig is just too hot and I am going to be outside all afternoon so dont want to burn my bonce!

LGFB course, totally agree, its well worth going to. Sorry you ladies are having such problems bookiong for Cambridge, looks like I got in at the right time when I went.

Rae, did you work out your dates for chemo? Just wondered if you had booked onto the session with Jasmin? Glad the injections have been fine for you!

Cats, ah! Some of you may remember way back at the beginning of this thread, my little cat was diagnosed with a tumour just as I started chemo. She is 18 and its terminal. However, she is still with me and we have had lots of duvet days and lovely cuddly times in the sunshine. She is on steroids and has a good quality of life at the moment. I know it will all change at some point, but I have been able to come to terms with it a bit and she is being spoilt rotten! So, yes, I am also the mad cat lady who also meows back to her!

Have a lovely day, make the most of the sunshine, looks like it might be fading for a while at least!

Carmy, I keep you in my thoughts, we haven't heard form you for a while so I do hope you are doing ok and just lazing around in that spanish sunshine! Take it easy xx

Hugs and xxx
Joan