cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

FEC-2 seems to be worse than last time, still feeling sick and on day 7 now, feel like a failure if i have to phone for more anti-sick tablets, am so fed up with it.

Am much more tired too, went to bad at 8pm Saturday night and slept through till 8.15am Sunday morning - then went back to bed for an hour Sunday afternoon - i normally survive on 6hrs a night and it's frustrating the hell out of me that I can't carry on as normal. My poor husband doesn't want to speak to me in case I snap at him and i just want to cry 😞

Sorry for being a misery, will post again when I feel better x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning ladies

Wow lots of post to read through.

Rae you'll soon get used to the hair, I actually prefer sitti g with no head covering and fund the wig hot and itchy, but I'll have to get used to it when I eventually go back to work.

Hope you're feeling ok for tomorrow Caren, must admit I'm not looking forward to my 3rd on Thursday, feel like I'm goi g down with a cold so dreading any other side effects.

Enjoy your precious time with your daughter Beryl, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Thinking of you today Lydia, fingers crossed all goes well with hubby.

My love goes to all of you having treatments this week, I should be glad I'll be halfway through by Thursday but the thought of another 3 still to go yuck!!

Weather now getting a kittle cloudy here in Hertfordshire, hope it's better for others in different parts of the country.

Love and virtual hugs to all. Sorry for nit mentioning everyone, so many now, but also welcome to our newbies.

Love Carolyn xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone
I am still trying to work out who everyone is and am so impressed by the support you give each other.
I am on day 12 of my second FEC and just starting to feel more normal. It is so much easier to be positive when you feel better!
I too am beginning to wonder what the T bit of the treatment will be like but in some ways would rather just face it when it comes!
I have had a portacath fitted and although pretty uncomfortable at the beginning now makes everything so much easier and more comfortable.
I have been using the cold cap and apart from the initial pain ( which I take 2 paracetamols for in advance) it is not uncomfortable and seems to be working as my hair is now thinning but still hair!
I have a wonderful hubby who is coping really well with me out of action for so long and I think more relaxed this time round as we both know I will have some good nearly normal days I also have 2 grown up children so get amazing support from them and an 89 year old mum who lives round the corner. We have been feeding her daily prior to this but now have sorted meals on wheels for her daily which to be honest I think she prefers!!
I am a supply teacher so I don't have any pressure to get back to a job but also don't get paid although I am apparently going to get SSP which will help.
I also have a beautiful Finnish lapphund dog and a lovely lady who is walking her for us daily at a reduced rate so when she comes back she is happy to just lie and sleep!
Well that is loads about me and I am sorry I haven't commented much on all of you but I send you my love and support and hope in time to be able to get to know you all better

Guest user
Not applicable

Mollie43 i hope your feeling better..please take good care of yourself and dont ever delay! xxx
Hi Twinky was your BH Monday a good day?
Hi Kittyqueen dont pick the spots!
Beryl has your tum settled down now? and did you have a lovely time with your daughter? and you have the funeral Thursday of your dear friend...
Hi Smilesnic
Hi Waitin too
Megsmum i hope you are enjoying your hols?
Hi Poppy are you ok?
Hi Fitter
Hi Raechi i would love to visit Suffolk
Hi Kitcat good luck for Thurday sorry your not well!
Angleheart hi
Chocciemuffin hi
Care-n hi
Kojak hi
Chascat hi
Hi Marie67 Jane
Ceej hi
Patchit Joan hi
Beettie hi
Paragayan love your dog..what a character!
We have just had a message ..my OH's mum has had a fall and broke her hip..she is nearly 98 and they are going to operate...
Oh what a day!she in hospital and me at the ONC'S...we will have to go up and see her after our apt this afternoon ..the OH feels everything is falling apart.
Bye for now
Dulcie xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone
Sun is shining in Blackpool today so hopefully we will have a busy day.
Kitcat- I also feel exhausted and forgetful, OH keeps saying i am repeating myself so you are not alone!!
Angelherts- hope the nausea settles for you, awful isnt it. They only gave me Metoclorpromide after chemo and when nausea was bad the helpline organised Ondanston for me which was much better. Ring and ask for something better. Other ladies on here have had Emend, I believe is is expensive but that should not matter. Good luck, thinking of you.
Ceej- My onc told me if I had chemo I had an 85% chance of living beyond 10 years and if no chemo the odds were 65% of not surviving 10 years so no contest really.
Bettie- Hope your hip gets better xx
Dulcie- Good luck with Oncologist appt, thinking of you xx
Mollie- Its good for your hubby to cry, am sure it helped him also. I always feel better after a cry because you realise all the pent up emotions and you can then begin to think more clearly! Works for me! Hope you feeling better? You have had it tough xx
Beryl- Have a great time with your daughter, mine gone back today so had a little weep this morning, missing her already xxx
My thoughts are with everyone on the forum
Best wishes
Mary P xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning lovely ladies

Been up a while but feeling more human now that I've showered and wash my stubble. Hair washing is a breeze now and that's a bonus when we're not feeling quite so good. Daughter is on her way, she left me a text at 9.30, so should be here around 2.00pm. We'll have a big hug and a few tears no doubt but that's all part of it. We will be speaking to our other daughter on Skype whilst she is here so that will be interesting. They tend to hit off one another with jokes and laughter and with the delay in transmission it can get a bit mad.

Amylou29 - Can't say that I have felt like that but have found that the back and front of my neck has felt tender. It has settled down now but don't know if it's the chemo or injections. I agree with Marie it would be worth giving the Helpline a ring and check your temperature, if you haven't already. It may all be nothing but they will be able to advise. When I have had to phone them nothing was to silly or any trouble. They would rather you do that than leave something worrying you and feeling horrible.

My husband gets upset when I do because we are both very sensitive people. He said he feels helpless and thinks that he should be able to do more to get me through this. He couldn't possibly do more than he already does and gives me so much support and encouragement.

Hopefuly, all the ladies we haven't heard from in a while are doing OK. Anyone having blood tests, chemo today/tomorrow hope everything goes OK for you.

Angelherts - Great picture and wig. Mine is covered up on its stand again and will no doubt show it to my daughter sometime during her visit.

Bye for now

Beryl XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Moring ladies,
Have lovely sunshine here in Norfolk at present, although a tad breezy. Think I will potter in greenhouse today, as keeping myself away from people and germs this week.
Amylou- it may be worth phoning you help line to get advice, especially as your glands are swollen, I had a sore mouth and throat , but it turned out to be thrush rather than infection, but they didin't mind me checking.
Patchit - yes at times my scar resembles the Sahara desert.
Mollie- gald you are feeling alot better, hopefully you can get something sorted for your thrush, As Raechi said emotional release is good and everybody has limit, My hubby has only cried once , that I am aware of and that is whern I was told it was cancer, so that was back in December.
Bettie- hope you are feeling a bit better today and your pain has eased. It's a good place to vent your feelings, Big Hug.
Ceej- I had mastectomy and they took 33 lymph nodes but only 1 had cancer, then I am having same regime as you. I am 44 so don't know if that is a factor. Have still got eyebrows and eye lashes!!!
Angelherts- love the pic of you and your wig.
Peanut- hope you are doing ok, hopefully the cafe is busy.
Hugs to all I haven't mentioned and that we haven't heard from for a while.EBHippo hope you are doing ok and sorted for the wedding.
Jane

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning everyone.

The sun is out in leicestershire but its very chilly round the neck and ears.

I have woke up today (6 days post 2nd fec) and feel like I've had a kicking while I've slept. there isn't one part of my body that is not hurting and that tender it hurts to have anything touching me. Every gland in my body also seems to be swollen. just wondered if anyone else has had this sort of se.

Speak to you all soon.
Enjoy the sunshine x x

raechi

Glad to see you are on the mend Mollie (altough it does seem to be one thing after another for you). Bless you. Sending you a big hug.
RE; hubby, i know this sounds odd but may be it was good for him to cry. An emotional release. I would be more worried if he were bottling it all up.
Glad you feel better.
Rae
x

mollie43

Morning ladies,

I am feeling a lot better this morning just very tired and the antibiotics have given me thrush,I am on oral antibiotics now for the abcess I had on my scar it just fire on and on.
I am string the oncologist tomorrow and I hope they can delay no 2 ad I don't feel mentally it physically ready try need a few me days to feel slightly normal.
The worst bit about all this is my husband broke down and sobbed at the hospital he was so worried about mro.he is not generally emotional in tony of me but a friend of mine left the hospital on Saturday and said he wad really upset,it really affects us all in different ways.good luck to all having treatment this week. Debbie x

raechi

Oh and good luck to all having treatment this week.

I'm still getting used to being blad..i dont like it! 😞
I hate looking at my reflection now.. i miss my hair..
This bl***y cancer makes me so cross some times!
grrrrrrrrrrr

Love to all..moan over

Rae
xx

raechi

Hi Pargayan,
Thanks for the advice. They want to use the mine the day after it is fitted so are leaving the access needle in (or something like that).
I think i may have the same problem as you re: weight of boobs, so thats good to know.
Fingers crossed all will go well.
I am glad yours has settled down now. 🙂
Rae
x

pargayan

Evening all
Hi Smilesnic glad you found us ok.

Rae, I had a portacath fitted 3 weeks ago tomorrow. I normally heal quite quickly but have found that I have not healed very quickly this time round so can only assume that is another SE of the chemo.
Initially I found it a little bit sore the first two or three days and struggled to lie on my left side, I think that is mainly due to the fact that the portacath is just above my right boob (cup size E) and the weight of the boob drags on the scar. No problems now although I occasionaly get some nerve twinges, I don't think I helped by doing some gardening a week after it was put in as that made it hurt again.
Several of us on this thread have had one fitted and some have even had them used. Mine will be used the 1st time next monday - bloods willing. As well as the incision iover the actual portacath, some people have small incisions on the neck where they find the vein, mine ie about 2" long and lies under my bra strap so once clothed it can not be seen. Hope your op goes ok - Chocciemuffin recommends them to others if they can get them.

Molli43 glad you are finally home

Good luck to all those having their 2nd or 3rd treatments this week, may your SEs be minor.

Sleep well and sweet dreams to all xx

Patchit

Ceej, think I had an mx coxs the tumour was 57mm.

Twinky, it must be hard for you to be apart. Hope you can get something sorted out soon. xx

Bettie, sorry you are feeling so low. Its good to be able to write everything down, I find it really theraputic. Hope you feel a bit better tomorrow and hope the pain in your pelvis is better. Dont feel bad for feeling low, we all get those times but tomorrow is another day. Lets hope its a good one! xx

Hugs to all
Joan xxx

Ceej

Bertie - let it all out x tomorrow will be a better day x hugs and good vibes coming your way

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening ladies xx
I haven't read here again soz...been writing me notes for tomorrow..dreamt the ONC said i only had 3 days left!

I'm not even on chemo yet..and i went to wipe my nose on a teabag as i was going to put it in the cup....would i have used it i wonder ..if someone i wasn't keen on was here!!!!

Remember when i treated the OH to a massage for his b'day...i had one too! well my OH was telling his daughter...and she said to him..you didn't go THERE did you? ...Its a 'knocking shop' ..well i thought it was a bit...raunchy looking when i went in...but it looked ok! So i'll have to discreetly ask about on that one! lol
I hope the ONC hasn't got a second job!...
Night all
Dulcie xxx

Bettie

Good evening Ladies, hope everyone is ok. Have spent most of the day in tears today. A benign tumour that I've had for years in my pelvis has suddenly decided to give me loads of pain. On top of everything else it has been too much (with the exhaustion and nausea from chemo last week). Hubby has been really upset as well and I just feel so bad for him. Its hard coping with one thing and I've had a lot of operations, everytime I go to speak I'm in floods of tears. Sorry to sound so depressed but this site gives a lot of encouragement and is a really good place to vent your feelings.

Hope everyone has a good night

Bettie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Joan. Last of the FEC for me too this week. Wonder what the Tax will be like for us. I'm hoping it's better than the FEC as I've hated the nausea. I find the day or two before treatment starts a bit low as I dread starting the cycle again! Horrible knowing what's coming & that I will be out of action for so long. All I can say is that this treatment had better bl**dy work this time. Don't want anymore recurrences.

Will be hard saying goodbye to hubby in the morning. I wish he didn't have to work away but he's lucky to be working ( was out of work for two years previously) so shouldn't really complain. We talked a little about a career change for him to get him back up here. We need to try planning something as we both hate being apart.

Suppose we ought to be heading to bed as his alarm goes off at an early hour.

Hugs

Twinky x

Ceej

Pachit - I really don't understand how they decide on treatment - I had one lymph node effected but only had lumpectomy not mx ! I worry when I don't understand ! X
I'm having 3 Fec then 3 x tax plus rads and tamoxifen. I shouldn't wind myself up about things I know nothing about

In bed now so goodnight all xxx

Patchit

Hello ladies

What a miserable day! I went down to work for a few hours today as will not be in on Thursday or Friday due to 2nd treat. I just have that feeling of dread at the moment! Last of the Fec for me, then I have 4 Tax. I suppose that will be the next thing to worry about, what the SE’s will be for that!

Carolyn, hope the head is better today!

Dulcie, good luck for tomorrow, will be thinking of you. Xx

Marie67, sometimes my mastectomy scar feels quite tight, especially if I don’t keep up with my exercises. I am still quite lumpy and bumpy around that area, but guess that will be how it will be now.

Mollie43, glad to hear you are back home again after your hospital stay. Thanks for the advice, I would certainly act on it. Must admit, I would also be one to leave things in the hope they get better on their own!

Beryl, I know how you feel about rattling with all the tablets we are on! I have to say I am happy they took me off the GCSF injections as that would have been a lot more medication to take. Hope the tummy has settled now. I use Bio oil on my scalp every day, I thought a nice shiny scalp would suit me very well! Ha ha! Hope you have a lovely time with your daughter. I also hope Thursday goes as well as it can. These things are really hard to get through, I hope you cope with it all ok. xx

Twinky, loving the new picture of your bunny!

KQ, hope you had a nice time at the pub and a nice lunch.

Smilesnic, welcome to you, sorry you had to join us, but we will keep you company on the chemo rollercoaster! Its my third fec on Thursday and while I want all this to be over, I am dreading having the treat again. I haven’t even had bad SE’s this time, but you just don’t know how you will be from one treat to the next!

Rae, glad you managed to get away for the weekend. Sorry about the hair!

KC, sorry you are having a hard time of it. Double doses must be really hard to cope with. Hope it works out with your next treat. Hugs to you. Xx

Angelhearts, how lovely to hear about your son. You never know what these things lead on to. I hope he gets to live his dream one day. Sorry to hear about the reaction to chemo 2. Are you having the GCSF again this time? I also don’t know about my prognosis, I am not sure that I really want to know! I just thought my treatment is more preventative as I only had one lymph affected, which strangely was in my breast tissue and not from under my arm. Just try to take each day as it comes and not worry about the future. And DON’T GOOGLE CHEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ceej, I totally agree with you about the son thing! That’s a good way for you to cope with it. Good for you! You know he is safe, but you don’t have to put up with all the aggro, like it!

Chascat, thinking of you and hubby tomorrow xx

Chocciemuffin, not heard from you for a few days, thinking of you and sending you big hugs xxx

I went back to the prosthesis lady last week. She changed it for me for a smaller one, which I am much happier with. I am not that impressed with the whole thing though! She told me I need a 38, which I have never been and am in a 36 at the moment (which I have been for ages). Then she tried to do my 36 up on the tightest setting and shortened the straps so I felt like a trussed up chicken! On top of that, the lady in John Lewis thought I might need a 34! Heavens!

Have a good night ladies, hope the dreams and SE’s stay away.

Hugs to all
Joan xxx

Ceej

Angelherts - you said about percentages I asked and was told 70 per cent chance of non reoccurrence which made me wonder if the chemo rads and stuff really are precautionary in my case then why do I not have more chance that than - I don't think it's a good thing to think about 😞
I also never asked about this HER positive thing - to be honest my onc couldn't even read my notes and said didnt a need tamoxifen until i corrected him and said I'd been told I do! To which he replied on yes I must get some reading glasses! Not sure I'd get the right answer if I asked but I think you should ask away!
X hugs

Ceej

Evening ladies
Am back home from OH in sunny Worcester not!
Not much hair left now at all as it was very fine to start with and now he's cut the clumps out there's nothing at the back! Beryl - thanks for the wise words I am so glad I went short first as I've got used to my face with shorter hair 🙂 my partner says my problem is that I read to much about side effects and I prepare to have ALL of them 🙂 but I think women do that so we're not caught out!

Fitter - I really don't know what caused my hair to do that but there was no way it was coming out without being cut ! I see we are both up for chemo on Wed and your only in Warwick? Maybe if you feel like it we could do a coffee one day x
Angelherts - am really not looking forward to no 2 having read you've had a worse time with it xhope you're feeling better now x I hope the counselling helps you - I didn't really find my counsellor inspirational - she said my negativity was fine and that she was the same sort of person - so much for me being told to be more positive ha ha x

Kittyqueen - sorry for delay on hair dy - its Daniel Field natural colours free from peroxide and ammonia - I think I paid 6.99 - just google it and you'll find it easy - am planning to use mine after my hair cut on Thursday - my hair was really hanging on in there until it welded Itself into a big knot 🙂 ho hum I'm actually looking forward to a new style 🙂

Mollie - really hope you feel better - what a horrible thing to have gone through ! I bought an expensive thermometer in readiness as I'm so scared of getting an infection x
Chascat - still have fingers and toes crossed for your husband x
Smilesnic - doing same regime as you - second Fec this Wed and not looking forward to it! But hey that will be 2 down and 4 to go!
Gabby - I know what the shedding of hair feels like 🙂 I just left most of mine at my boyfriends ha ha

Rachit - hope your son works it out - my son has ADHD and even at 24 he is a challenge - it costs me loads of money to keep him in his own place as it's just stressful to have him living with me anymore - sounds cruel and I'll e him to bits but day to day living was just too difficult 🙂

Ok bit of pizza and then bed - gym in the morning 🙂

Goodnight all xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening Ladies,
Simlesnic- hello and welcome to us Marchies
Beryl - hope you have a lovely time with you daughter tomorrow
Dulcie- big hug for you tomorrow and hope you get all your questions answered.
Mollie- glad you got home and hope you are now feeling better, any news on your next chemo?
Megsmum- have a lovely time in Scotland, as well as nystatin for my sore mouth I have found that drinking pineapple juice has helped to.
Kitcat- I am sure popping into work will give you a nice chance to catch up hope you start yo feel better soon, this miserable weather doesn't help
Raechi- glad you had a lovely time in Suffolk.
Fitter and Waiting too- hope you get sorted out for your chemos on Wed
Angelherts- chemo 2 has definitely been harder, though now feeling better and getting appetite back.
Hello to everyone else hope you are all doing ok with SE's.
Jane

Guest user
Not applicable

I had Chemo 2 (FEC) on Weds and it was totally different this time. Hit me immediately and I was feeling sick before I even left the unit and by 9pm I was being violently sick in a scene that looked like something I'm sure I've seen in a spoof horror film (think projectile !).

I also felt like someone had unplugged me before I even reached home and couldn't move or even talk from exhaustion, queasiness and blinding headache. However, the good news is that the headache was gone by 10am the next morning (earlier than last time) and the vomiting actually was less stressful than the "trots" I had for days on end last time. Sickness / Nausea / Heartburn was pretty awful again on Saturday (Day 4) for some reason but I am drinking gaviscon regularly now and have my appetite back completely - even had Easter Egg.

I found I just had to give in to it this time but the long holiday weekend made that easier anyway. Hoping to feel quite "normal" from tomorrow (day 7) and just have to avoid infections. Have a reflexology session booked for Wednesday which I am looking forward to and have been referred for some counselling sessions. Also seeing the Onc before next one to get sickness meds changed.

Reading the posts someone mentioned their % of reoccurrence and that has played on my mind because I never got that information and now can't get it out of my mind ;-( I had thought the Chemo / Rads / Surgery / Hormone stuff was the gold standard treatment but made the mistake of Googling chemo and not impressed with stuff I've now read.

Just hope this Chemo makes a HUGE difference to improving our reoccurrence risk and think I might ask my Onc before the next session to explain my prognosis. I had 8 out of my 19 lymphs with cancer and worry that increases the reoccurrence risk but then I am more worried about what happens when you stop taking the Tamoxifen if it's hormone positive and you are still producing that hormone. Guess I need to stop thinking ahead - 1 Day at a Time.

Going to update pic to show the wig now. Take Care everyone
Angie xxxx

raechi

Quick question? Does anyone have a port cath fitted. I have come home to a message to say mine s going to be done on the 17th. It moves my chemo by a couple of days but that's fine. My veins had reacted to the first FEC and I could not face even more needles. I have got 22 lots of iv drugs to go!
Just wondered if the port cath hurts?
Rae
X

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All and Happy Easter.

Firstly replies...

DULCIE - I love the doggy pushchair story - how cute !
BERYLIS & Wolsty - Loving your wigs !!
MOLLIE43 - Sorry to hear about your infection and hospital stay. Hope you get a chance to recover before the next session.
PATCHIT - I can't find the post about your son but sorry to hear you've had some upset. I hope things settle down for you.
PEANUT1955 - Looks like I've joined you with the sickness/nausea this time. Really interesting to hear about your daughter being an actress and great she makes a living from her passion.
MARIE67 - Seems you also found session 2 harder like me. Hope you are bouncing back now.
JAMESY - have you considered getting your little girl to draw pictures of what mummies new "magic" hair might look like when it grows back. Turn it more into a fun experience and explain it could be a different colour and style and what does she think it will look like. Art Therapy is very popular with cancer patients and their families so perhaps you could take some ideas from that.

ChoccieMuffin - Hope you are well and sorry you are having issues with Social services. Daren't even get started on here about them but they were in my life as a child due to my dads mental health issues and they were the reason he was all alone the day he died!. Hope things get better for you.

CARE_N - sorry to hear your arm is painful. Mine is very sore since Chemo 2 and pulling under the armpit and swollen round the wrist (so basically knackered !). Hope yours improve ASAP.

KOJAK - Hope you are feeling fine after Chemo 2 and glad to hear you recommend Emend as I will be having it next time 😉

RAE - Thanks for sharing your Blood results ! - Nobody else wanted to play ;-( Hope you counts remain high.

CHASCAT - really sorry to hear about your concerns for your husband. I hope it proves to be something minor so try not to worry.

ELKE - Welcome aboard. Sounds like you've had a really tough time but I'm impressed that you manage 7 kids with your partner ! You deserve a medal. I am on the same treatment as you and similar financial nightmare. I just focus on one day at a time at the moment and wish you all the best.

CAMIE - Welcome too and sorry you are feeling down. It is very normal to feel that way and I don't have a magic answer. I prefer to let the tears out and keeping busy on better days.

KITCAT - Sorry to hear you aren't feeling great. Is forgetfulness an SE then as I often put the milk in the bin and the teabag in the fridge ! Thought it was just me lol. Seriously I hope you pick up soon but each dose seems so different so just listen to your body.

Big Virtual Hugs to everyone else and anyone that I've forgotten. I've enjoyed all the updates and stories.

Re my son audition. He went up to Covent Garden with his friend and got back safely and so I am very proud of him. We don't expect anything from this casting because the character is only 14yrs old and my son is 5'10" tall and probably can't get away with playing 14 yrs now but the casting lady is so important and casts loads for ITV that he really needed to meet her. Also having to say "my mum couldn't bring me because she's having Chemo" did ensure he stuck in her mind. Has to be some perks with this cancer crap !

Will do Chemo 2 update as another post as this is getting long :-0

Kitcat

Hi Everyone,
Sorry to hear that Mollie has been so ill, I'm a bit cavalier myself over contacting the hospital although I had to do so a couple of weeks ago as I had such bad side effects. Glad she is better now and she's given good advice about acting quickly if anyone is ill.

I've had to contact my Macmillan nurse as I'm due another chemo on Thursday and I'm not over the last side effects yet. When I had to go to hospital there was some talk about only having half a dose next time (I'm on double doses of epirubicin and cyclophosphamide) but not sure I want to do that as the double doses have been prescribed for a reason.

The exhaustion is the worst thing at the moment, not to mention the forgetfulness which meant that tonight instead of putting tea towels in the drawer, I carried them out to the car with me instead. A lot of the things I do at the moment show my mind is a muddle.

I'm going in to work tomorrow to see my friends but I don't think I'll be staying long, I feel too unwell which is very disappointing as I had almost no side effects from the first dose.
KC
x

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening All

Here I am again having just had my tea/dinner and really enjoyed it. As I said earlier, starting to get my appetite back now.

Smilesnic - Glad you made it onto our Forum and we will help you along with us as much as we can. I have had two chemo's as well but different type of drugs. Don't know how they work out who gets what and how many, but they are giving me 4 sessions and I get both drugs at the same session, but put through separately. I'm now day 7 and picking up from tiredness which hits us everytime. My lumpectomy and snb was 9 Jan. Chemo started 13 March and when this has finised, hopefully mid May, I will be given radiation over several weeks but don't no how many yet. You are right, it is a long journey and we all have our days when we feel fed up with it all. When you feel rough is it due to one particular thing ie sickness, general tiredness, loss of appetite or something else? Sickness has not been an issue for me because of meds they have given me. My biggest issue was aching in several places in bones from WBC injections but they resolved those with Diclofenic (ant-inflamatory). Like you and all of us tiredness has been an issue. I do get squiffy tummies but it was worse on session one than now, hope I've not spoken too soon. Emodium solves that problem which you take straight after the event. For me work isn't an issue because I've retired and do not have the added worry of having to go to work. Have you got anyone giving you support at home or applied for any assistance with financial matters? Sorry, these are all personal questions and please don't feel obliged to answer. It's very difficult to know what to suggest for the best but there are several organisations that can give you advice and help along those lines. Please keep coming on here and we are here to help one another get through this to the very end. Big hug and take care. I keep telling myself that tomorrow will be a better day and before we all know it we will be out the other end.

Clare (Waiting too) Yes, 2nd session of 4 and my stomach gets a bit squiffy after about 6 days in. First session was worse so perhaps my system has adjusted itself more this time, hope so. It can all be managed but I feel like I'm blooming rattling with pills/drugs.

Megsmum - My mouth gets sore as well but so far I've controlled it with 50/50 water and codysyl. Chemo Helpline suggested this because I find neat Codysyl too strong for my mouth. Also drinking water as much as I can and have totally gone off warm/hot drinks until third week when mouth calms down. Also sucking ice pops and I find them very soothing. Probably won't want to look at another ice pop after treatment finishes. Enjoy your week away in Scottish Borders. Love Scotland it is such a lovely place. Quite envious! Make sure that you let everyone spoil you because you deserve it.

Iv'e been wondering about all the ladies we haven't heard from in a while. Do hope they are all OK and will be back updating us soon.

Fitter - Nothing has been said to me about Herceptin but mine was HR+ so that is probably why. Then again I don't know about who does or doesn't get it. No doubt you have to be receptive to it othewise there's no point. They did say that after chemo and when I have rads they are going to give me tablets but haven't confirmed what yet. At the moment if they told me I had to take another tablet I think I would throw up. My body is just not used to taking all these meds and must be in total shock. Normally only take multi-vit, anthistamine daily (sensitive nose)and something for headache as and when. My husband is keeping on track with meds otherwise I'd be all over the place. I know a lady who is on Herceptin until August and she said they are fine and hasn't had a problem. She has to go every 3 weeks for an injection at the hospital. She sailed through chemo (didn't lose her hair with cold cap)and 4 weeks radiation. She's been a real inspiration to me from diagnosis and takes everything in her stride. She's a retired lady and refuses to let anything beat her. It's probably the right attitude but not always easy to adopt. You take care now and I'm sure one of the other Marchies or someone from another Forum will be able to comment ref' Herceptin.

Off for another rest.

Beryl XX

raechi

Hi fitter,
I will be having herceptin too. 17 lots of the stuff. After the first lot mine gets administered at home. So please don't worry too much. I am happy to take it if it helps me kick some bum!

So much to catch up on ladies. I have been away to Suffolk for the weekend. Where my hair decided to make its exit. I feel sorry for the poor person who had to clean our room. I did my best but there was so much!

I have now had the clippers on it.

Hope you are all well despite the crappy bank holiday weather.

Will catch up and respond properly when I have had a chance to read all the posts properly. Big hugs to all. Xx

Rae

fitter

Hi went for blood tests etc today before chemo on Wed.

While there asked about my HER-2 results which one result had not come back the last time and the other one had to be retested and then sent off to cambridge for more testing. Results back and positive so will have to have herceptin. Feel very down and upset about this and worried about the herceptin. Is anybody else going to be having it and what are your thoughts.

megsmum

Hi hope everyone is ok , i wont be posting much as we,ve made it up to the Caravan in Scotish Borders and no free wifi for my phone :-),

I have a terribly sore mouth & indigestion and complete exhaustion but our lifelong friends are with us so hopefully we,ll have a nice week. This week was arranged Bc so i wasnt going to let it have that too

I cant scroll too far back so has anyone heard from Poppy she had her 2nd juice on 4th like me hope she,s ok.
Have a good week everyone xx

waiting_too

Hi Ladies hope you are all enjoying the easter holidays.

Beryl, - is this you on chemo No.2? is that why you've got a squishy tummy? I have chemo no.3 wednesday. I did try to change it so that my low days don't coincide with the weekend, when my little kids are around, but because of easter hos they are short staffed. I will try to change it next time.

hugs,
Clare

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi I am new to this so did post earlier but it didn't seem to work. I have had 2 chemos so far after a lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy. Coping ok but do feel down at times as it seems such a long journey and I seem to feel quite rough through the first 2 weeks.
Nice to hear all your positive comments

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone

I'm OK and not really suffering but thanks for concern and comments. Tiredness, and occasional squiffy tummy is all, again fingers crossed. Bit superstitious so have to keep saying fingers crossed or touch wood, got it from my mother. They told me squiffy tummy is likely from chemo and take Immodium if nec'. Not taken Immodium yet but got some just in case. still haven't ventured out because it is so cold and windy here. Rain has finally stopped and I think tomorrow should be a better day. Daughter coming tomorrow so that will be nice and we can do some bonding. We are going to have one of her favourite meals for tea - lasagne, salad and garlic bread. I intend to eat every bit of it because my appetite is certainly coming back. We have my friends funeral on Thursday but we won't be going to the wake, I think I've already said that so excuse me repeating it. I have been reading quite a good book a murder who did it kind of thing. Bit of a puzzler and at the moment I've no clue and it's keeping me turning the pages. Also like playing Scrabble on my Ipod (against computer), it helps to keep my little grey cells active, which is proving difficult at times with chemo.

Kittyqueen - Hope you enjoy/ed your trip out to Sheffield which is somewhere I've never been. You mentioning your OH roast dinner has made my mouth start to water, love roast dinners. We like to take our touring caravan all over the place and we do like the north. Living near the sea we tend to go inland and have the coast doable for a day out if necessary. When this is all over and rads have finished I/we would like to go back up to the Whitby area. Got to have their fish and chips again they were smashing.

Mary (Peanut) Hope you are having a good day and have managed to get out and about in Blackpool. The weather is probably not that good there either.

Cherio for now and take care all.

Beryl XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi there ladies. Please may I join you?
I was diagnosed early feb and have had a lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy where they removed lump 24mm and found small cancer in 2 nodes removed hence onto chemo. I had portacath fitted and am having 3 sessions of FEC and then 3 sessions of T. I am on day 11 of my second chemo so starting to feel a bit better but so weak and tired. Some days it all seems such a long journey and others it seems a bit easier to cope with. When chemo is over I will have to have axillary clearance and then radiotherapy so in my head I think it might all be over by September although I gather it takes a while to get the energy levels back.
I am a supply teacher so although I don't have any pressure to get back to a job I don't get any money either!!
Anyway it is great to meet others going through the same and look forward to chatting with you all.

Kittyqueen

Morning xxxx

Pouring with rain here today. I have ventured to the supermarket as needed petrol too didn't want to be panicking first thing in the morning as see Oncologist at 10.30....think for bloods etc... but didn't ask as usual lololol.
Day 14 and my hair still intact at them min....can feel a slight twinge on my crown Spots settling down not quite as red and glowing.
BerylS..hope you feel a bit better later xxx
Mollie43..pleased you're home safely and I will take note of your advice xxxx
Wintersocks...glad you had a lovely time and yes oh did do the roast dins and I was very grateful even though he was telling his Mum and I how wonderful it was every mouthful lololol
Patchit...Joan Pleased you made your weekend away and got back before the rain today :))

The weird dreams don't really bother me as I've always had weird dreams from being a child :)))
Am oof to a lovely pub on the outskirts of Sheffield for lunch and then to see a neighbour's band play for an hour on the way home.

Hope you all have a good day.

Love KQ

Guest user
Not applicable

Debbie....finally you escaped! Bet you're glad to be home at long last.

Beryl - hope that tummy settled soon, you do seem to be suffering x

I'm off out to a Bank Holiday Market today despite the drizzle. Better wear boots I think though as it's likely to be muddy.

Enjoy the last day of the long weekend

Twinky x

Guest user
Not applicable

Mollie43 - So glad you are home and what an ordeal you have had. Will certainly remember you very strong advice and not even think about delaying for the slightest now. Well done to you for getting through this and finally being home. Big hug to you but wish I could do more. Glad to hear that you had a good team taking care of you!

Best wishes and thinking of you.

Beryl XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning everyone

Sitting here with 'Frankie' my wig on just trying to get used to it and see how long it's going to last etc. I do find scarfs or hats more comfortable than my wig because it feels so alien to me. Had a good night and so far stomach is doing OK but does get a bit unsettled. Might be trouble brewing later.

That's it the wigs coming off..............Phew, that's better!

I agree with Alloe Vera gel for scalp and I put it on after showering. I'm sure it helps to sooth and calm things down.

Marie - I've just had a lumpectomy but know what you mean about twinges and changes to scar area after chemo and then it settles down again. Also found the chemo is irritating my right ear and jaw line. The fact that I take Diclofenic for my injections s/e is probbly help with that as well. Goodness, I'm popping that many pills that I must be rattling. Four more injections to go for this round, thank goodness.

My hubby has gone to the supermarket as well and I'm glad I didn't bother going with him because my stomach is doing a dance now. Must be off and will catch up with eveyone later.

Beryl XX

mollie43

Morning ladies,
Well finally home after 5 days in hospital.I had an infection in my bloodstream not nice at all, antibiotics via iv four times a day and another lot twice a day in my picc, 2 injections in my tummy each night as well.

The oncology ward i was on were fantastic the staff brilliant couldn't have asked for more.I am supposed to be having my second session thursday but not sure if this will happen see the oncologist wedensday.

Iwould say to anyone if you feel even slightlty unwell take your temp and if it's 38c or more take action, i left mine 12 hours and it had really taken hold strongly, so don't be brave just contact someone however silly you feel.
Hope everyone is enjoying easter and not eating to many eggs debbie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning ladies,
Wet and horrid here in Norfolk, so won't be venturing far today, will send hubby to supermarket later- he'll love that!!
Will ask a question, last night the area under my mastectomy scar felt a little tight, on checking it resembled something like the Michellin man, it wasn't hot and red , I didn't have a temp but slight swelling went down to base of ribs, is this due to chemo? , it's back to normal this morning, but will keep an eye on it, anyone else had similar?
Jane

Guest user
Not applicable

Ah Lydia lets hope your little girl accepts it soon..i'm sure she will ..bless you both xx
Joan i'm pleased you had a good weekend away...(recharge your batterys)
Thanks Amylou..and ALL you other ladies for the advice..on what to expect...come Tuesday..
Amylou ..i would like to give you and your children a big warm hug..i do so admire your courage and spirit xxx
Wintersocks glad your trip went well!
Hi Jane xx
Sorry i cant remember any more messages....i need to say...
Gosh look at the time...must go get my last whisky...i mean 2nd one...and go to bed..
night everyone..i bet your all tucked up in your wee willie winkies...
Dulcie xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening ladies

Had a lovely day with daughter today, son working so couldn't make it. Lovely roast dinner then a chocolate Jaffa cake cheesecake desert courtesy of Sunday Brunch tv programme.

Shame the weather is poor, doesn't look like it'll improve tomorrow either.

Regarding indigestion I contacted doctor( luckily mine work 12 hours 7 days a week) I asked for the Lanzaprone but she's given me something slightly milder, as she said that one can be very powerful. Also managed to get sone Difflam for the mouth, I like this dealing with doctors by phone rather than waiting in stuffy infected waiting rooms.

Glad to hear some of you had good weekends away, and se for rest aren't too bad. Weird with hair mine now looks like it's growing, but I'll see what happens this week after dose 3.

Hoping you all have a restful night, last night I had weird dreams, but as sone of you know from experiences that's happening quite a lot these days. In fact I woke up about 3 times last night imagining people leaning over me, and cried out woke up OH who then promptly turned round and in panic threw his arms out which clobbered me right in the head leaving a Mark and bruise on my forehead. Oh dear poor man felt so guilty thus morning.

Hope all enjoy another Bank Holiday tomorrow.

Love to all

Carolyn xxx

Patchit

Lottie, i wd say to get it clippered rather than shaving it.
Lydia, really feel 4 u and yr daughter. Big hug hon, sure she is just copin in her own way. Children are very resiliant and see things in a very factual way. Xx
joan x

lottie63

Thanks ladies,
I will give it a few days and see how it goes but scalp is so tender at mo cant imagine putting a shaver near it 😞 once it starts moulting at an alarming rate it will have to go

Take care all

Janice x

Guest user
Not applicable

lottie mine started on monday ( day 12) and by this friday (day 16) it was uncontrolably dropping everywhere and my head was so sore. It all happened very quickly I think, but I am so glad now its gone and over! and i NEVER thought id say that!

chascat

Evening ladies

Socks, glad you had a nice weekend. I had a massive appetite too for the first couple of weeks after FEC1 but it settled back to normal week three, I haven't even had any chocolate today, just didn't fancy it. My hair started falling out day 14 and by day 16 was really tender, my husband shaved it on day 18 (Friday), and I now have a lot of bald patches x

Joan, hope the stress of the last few days has calmed down and that your son realises he's on his own if he messes up again, glad you managed some time away x

Gabby, I had my hair shaved on Friday too and bawled all evening but glad it's done now as I don't have to fear it anymore.

Went out for tea last night and wore my wig, was itchy and hot at first but settled down after about half an hour and felt ok. Done the easter egg hunt this morning and then my husband went to Mallory Park to watch the bike racing, me and Tabitha went out for lunch to my aunts, decided not to wear my wig (otherwise known as David Hasslehoff or The Hoff for short!), she took a good look at me in my hat and it was almost like she was sizing me up, but she didn't say anything. My cousin and her husband didn't mention it either but just after we'd finished dinner my daughter got all excited and tried to pull my hat off, thank goodness I managed to stop her, I just don't want anyone seeing me with no hair, later on she tried saying again "mummy, show them your really short hair", my aunt had a bit of a heart to heart with her at that point. Then tonight when I got out of the bath she walked in the bathroom, laughed and said I looked like a man, well that was it, I was bawling again, she sloped downstairs to daddy to tell him mummy was crying - again. Later when she went to bed she put her arms around me and said "sorry I said you look like a man", she's only 4, she shouldn't have to deal with this stress and so far i've managed to hide it from her but the hair loss changes everything.

Lady garden is hanging on and i've had to shave my legs, was starting to resemble a gibbon!

Love to all

lydia x

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening ladies,
Had a lovely afternoon eating cake and choccie eggs.
To weary to reply to individual posts.
Glad that those that went away had a lovely time.
Lottie my hair was coming out big time and scalp was sore before 2nd chemo so got hubby to shave it off,it was such a relief once over the shock as scalp now more comfy and I massage it with Aloe vera 99%gel. I now wear scarves and hats all the time even indoors as head gets a little chilly!!!
Night All
Jane

Patchit

Hi Janice

My hair was coming out around day 18-19 after my first FEC and I had no 1 done then. It was much better after it was gone, my scalp was not as tender and I felt better not shedding hair all over the place!

Hope that helps!
Joan x

lottie63

Hi March marvels
Can anyone advise ? My head is sooo sore/tender today im day 12 from first fec my hair seems to be thinning im losing strands every time I touch it, this seems quick as a lot of ladies dont seem to be losing theirs until 2nd fec or just after, did you find once you had taken the plunge and shaved it off your heads were less tender/sore, dont know wether to try and hold onto it for as long as poss or bite the bullett and have it shaved

Hugs Janice x