cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

Wolsty

Re: Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

Morning ladies

Hope everyone is feeling OK ish. I had a bad night's sleep - can't blame it on steriods or anything else - not really sure why as am coming into what is supposed to be my good week. OH of course had a worse night's sleep than me and is a bit grumpy this morning!!! He is heading off to Spain next week for a few days' golf which he thoroughly deserves - this treatment is tough on everyone in the family.

Joan - a cocktail and some wine sounds good to me. I tried de-alcoholised wine last night - it was rubbish so ended up having a couple of glasses of normal wine - much better!! I have also eaten bags of mini-twirls and mini-wispas - all on offer at £1 a bag so I keep buying them - getting very fat!!

Jane - good luck today - FEC3 has been tough for me but know lots of people who have found it easier than 2 so fingers crossed for you.

Shelley - sorry about your tough time at hospital - really not what you need.

Cath - well done on head shaving - I think that once its done you feel much better although I still sometimes catch myself in the mirror and think I will have hair and it is a shock to see a bald, red faced person staring back at me!! My kids didn't like it at first but the whole family is really used to it now.

Rae - hope going back to work is OK for you - not sure I could focus my mind but having to is probably a good thing.

Beryl - hope bloods are OK and that you don't get rained on too much - weather looks very showery this week again.

Mary - sorry you feel emotional - it is odd how tears suddenly come - I was out walking last week round the park and suddenly found myself crying - think we can just put it down as another SE. Am sure the LGFB session will help you feel more positive.

Dulcie - hope you are OK

To anyone else having treatment today good luck and if you are suffering hope you feel better soon.

jane xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning again

Mary - You are about right for tiredness, I usually get mine late day 3 or into day 4. Try and enjoy your LGFB this afternoon because it should be good. Glad to hear that your Emend tablets are working for you. Let us know how you get on today. Thinking of you. The only time I've really cried was when my hair was taken down to No.1 but it didn't last long. I'm comfortable with it now, not that I've any choice, but it doesn't look alien anymore. Wondering what it's going to do after next treatment with no cold cap. It has started to grow a bit of length but we must wait and see.

Still getting ready to go out and doing some housework in between. I'm so easily side tracked.

Best wishes to all.

Beryl XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone
Well started off reasonably well yesterday then went downhill fast. Nausea was ok but became really tearful and was exhausted all day spent most of the day in bed then felt bad because I was doing nothing but sleeping all day!!! Vicious circle isnt it! Was crying for nothing and no matter what poor OH did wasnt helpful. Feeling better this morning but not read all posts so will read and come back. Also going to my LGFB session this afternoon so hopefully that will help.
Think it may be delayed reaction to the head shaving!! Who knows!
Thinking of everyone be back later.
Mary xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Lovely Ladies

Marie (Jane) - Thinking of you this morning and your third session, will this make you half way through? Hope eveything runs smoothly for you. Not sure if anyone else is going for treatment today, but if you are then good luck as well.

Dulcie - How are you doing little cocerned because you are unusually quiet? Mean that in a nice way because we are used to hearing from you most days. Hope everything OK your end.

Mary - How are you today?

I'm going to go and get ready for my outing to hospital for blood test, then I may pop into King's Lynn for a few bits depending of the weather.

Catch up with you all later.

Beryl XX

raechi

Morning lovely marchies,
Just wanted to say good luck to those having chemo this week. Hope the SE's stay away.
Am back working this week so may be a bit quiet, will see how I go.
Love to all,
Rae
X

Patchit

D'oh! Posted twice!

Patchit

Cath,just a little suggestion, do youuse a tongue scraper? My hygienist recommended that I use one , which I do daily. You can get them from boots, or a supermarket, they are only a couple of quid.

Hope it helps and hope the SE's stay away.

hugs
Joan xx

Gemcat1701

Hi everyone, just thought I would check in. I had my FEC 3 on Thurs gone, it went fairly well although they struggled to find a vein to use. Managed to use a small one in the end, but this has lift my wrist very slightly swollen. Not painful though.
My hubbie shaved my head this morning (see pic), I just got fed up with cleaning up the shower tray after a hair wash! I'm OK with it, but the kids don't like my new look. I am sure they will get used to it.
I've done 2 GCSF injections and then today forgot to take my last dose of steriods! So I've decided to take it in the morning, rather than take it this evening and be awake all night. My main SE at the moment is a white pastie, dry tongue and bad taste in my mouth. Its so yucky! and I havent found anything yet that really relieves it.
Its no big deal though, touch wood that's all I have to deal with this time around.
I really hope everyone is doing OK.
Sleep well.
Cath x

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening ladies,
Well cupboards a fully stocked with ready for this week, my body is a wash with water ready for FEC 3 tomorrow fingers crossed, session is at 09.30 so parking will be fine at the hospital, got my good friend Tina taking me.
CM - good luck eith the new job tomorrow, you will have to keep us update on how you are doing.
Gabbylamb - hope the arm doing ok
KT23- no news from you so hope you are ok regards your arm.
Patchit- good for you feeling squiffy, I can only manage an odd guinness at the moment.
Dulcie- hope you are ok and managed to get some rest. How is OH's mother?
Amylou- love the pic, hope you and the family are doing ok.
Beryl - will be good to catch up for coffee sometime.
Franoli- hope you have recovered from your ordeal at the hospital.
Spacehopper - I know you have chemo tomorrow to so hope all goes well.
Hope everyone else I've not mentioned is doing ok.
Well off to have bath and then bed ready for tomorrow.
Now I've finished watching The Voice OH not impressed there was a double dose this weekend!!!!!
Night All
Jane

Guest user
Not applicable

ChoccieMuffin - will definitely ask for the EMLA cream and sticky thing. Do they also use this for chemo or just taking bloods? I could ask my BCN as well, I suppose but thanks so much for the tip.

Good luck with your day tomorrow. I have a friend who has just come over from New Zealand visiting tomorrow. Her husband died suddenly from Lymphoma 6 years ago and we became very close as we were already friends as well as next door neighbours so I think this will be quite an emotional reunion.

Sleep well, Marchies.

Shelley xxx

poppyD

Hi

franoli sounds like a horendous experience I hope it gets better
when i hear that patients receive inadequate nursing care I feel so sad. Many nurses work very hard to promote professionalism in nursing. I am sure that the trust would follow this up as i am sure that they would not be happy with such a poor patient experience.

Dulcie hugs keep going you will find the strength somehow any positive is good even during this difficult time.

Megsmum hope you are well enough to get chemo on wed, I agree that it is a humbling experience being a patient.

Good luck to everyone having their chemo this week

hope all are having minimal side effects

love to all x

Patchit

Hi ladies

As Beryl says, its very quiet today, not like our normal March ladies! I have been out for the day with OH to Cambridge today. Did a spot of shopping and then had a lovely meal. I had a cocktail and some wine, so feel a bit squiffy! Had a lovely day and am now watching 'Vera' on the box. I love Brenda Blethyn. I am also munching my way through a family size bag of minstrels! I am a naughty, naughty girl!

Dulcie, how has your day been? I have been thinking of you today and hope things are more settled for you now. Things always seem worse in the night time, so I hope you have been able to feel a bit calmer today.

Gabby, yes, brilliant!

Beryl, glad you had a good day too!

Marie67, good luck for tomorrow and also to anyone else goig tomorrow for treats. xxx

CM, good luck to youtoo for tomorrow! xxx

Have a good night ladies,

Joan xxx

ChoccieMuffin

Quick one, have to plan my route tomorrow.

Franoli, ask for some EMLA cream and a sticky thing to use before they next try to access the portacath. It's a local anaesthetic and needs to be put on at least an hour beforehand. If they're going to use it for bloods, try to get there at least an hour early and ask the chemo nurses for some cream and a sticky, then go and have a coffee for an hour or so while you wait for it to take effect. That will REALLY make a difference. Then ask for a tube and a sticky ready for next time so you can put it on before you leave home so you don't have to hang around waiting.

Dulcie, you're having a tough time at the moment, so I'd just like to send you some hugs.

And hugs all round to the rest of the March Hares. Good luck to those about to have their next ones next week, little SEs to those who had their poisons last week, and encouragement to those on the good week to enjoy it and make the most of it! (But don't tire yourselves out too much...)

CM
x

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening ladies

I've done my very best to remember all the posts since i last came on so i apologise if there is anyone who I've missed. im truly thinking of you all.

Twinky- sounds like you have a busy week coming up. I know what you mean about there are so few good days to catch up and do things you want to before you get wacked with the next dose.
Jayjay- hope you are feeling a little better chick. on e more fec to go, i know its hard and indescribable to friends and family that have never had it, but hopefully after this next one you will never have to have it again and tax will be a easier for you.
Carolyn1709- indigestion was a killer for me so they put me on ranitidine. its fab within 2 tablets it went and has not returned. its another 2 tablets a day but worth it.
Wolsty- so pleased the chemotherapy is working and you have a date for your op.
PoppyD-pleased your on the mend and feeling better, fingers crossed it wont happen again.
Bettie- go you x x x
Franoli- what a week you've had. hope this one coming is restful for you so you can recover.
Marie67- hope you've managed to have a nice relax today to re charge your batteries. well done on the walk
Kojak - fingers crossed your infection has fully cleared up and your bloods come back ok for round 3.
Dulcie -hope you and o h array ok. thinking of you and hope you settle better tonight x
KQ, Patchit, CareN, Peanut, BerylS, Gabbylamb, Megsmum big hello to you.

Love and hugs
Amy x x x

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening Ladies

Well, it's been really quiet on here today, hope it's because you have all been busy for weekend. Suspect that for some it's so close to their last sessions that you have been resting.

I have had a good day and been out and about. Went to have a practice indoor bowl with hubby and friends ths morning. Lunch at home and then did some ironing. Prepared the veg for dinner which hubby cooked and it was lovely. Off tomorrow for my pre chemo blood test and then third session set for Tues. Must remember to take steroids tomorrow and drink the blasted water.

Hope everyone is doing OK and nothing untoward to report.

Gabbylamb - Didn't watch that programme last night but that's a fantastic amount to raise, good on them!

I was watching the London Marathon this morning and there are so many good causes that people are running for. It's an amazing event to get involved in. I used to like running (indoors) years ago but no way would I be able to run that sort of distance now.

Franoli (Shelley)- You have had a lot to contend with going through your treatment so far amd I hope that things start to get easier for you when you go for your next one.

Mary - Hope you are OK and you are not suffering any s/e's like last time.

Dulcie - How are you doing hope everything OK your end.

KT23 - Not heard anything from you since you were going to get your arm checked out. Any news regarding that and are you OK?

Will come on again later for any updates.

Bye for now.

Beryl XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Did anyone see million pound drop last night. Celebs raised £25000 for breast cancer care! That's for us, guys. Woop woop!

Guest user
Not applicable

Dulcie - so sorry you are having such a rough time. You can only do what you can do - small amounts and take each minute as it comes. If you need extra support you can get it here and also make sure you are given something for anxiety. This is not the time to be worrying about what extra drugs we are taking. I've been given diazepam which I take occasionally. One of the GPs said "You do know it's addictive, don't you?" and I thought that's the least of my problems at the moment! I don't take it a lot but when I feel I can't cope, I just take one and it seems to help.

Jane -am in awe of you doing the Race for Life! I think it's an incredible achievement and you should be so very proud of your efforts.

I get extra pains because I have Fibromyalgia so was already in a bit of a state before I got IBC. I already take paracetamol and codeine and pregabalin for this condition but none of the oncologists seem bothered by that. The chemo nurse told me to take some painkillers before I go for my next FEC. Hopefully the injection will help boost my white cells so I won't get neutropenia this time.

I'm relaxing this morning by watching the Marathon on tv. So many people doing such a brilliant job. Very inspiring.

Hope you all have a good day

Shelley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Dulcie- What a time you are having, so sorry to hear about your OHs mum. you need to think about yourself now and its not being selfish its being practical, you dont want to let this stress make you ill.There is nothing further you can do for her and am sure your OH will survive, its not easy but do look after yourself hon ((Big Hug))xx
Will catch up later on everyone else just wanted to send a hug to you Dulcie for now.
Mary xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning All
Well feeling a lirrle stiff after walk yesterday, but not to bad considering haven't done that much exercise for a while. Not much planned for today so can take it easy. Just need to stock up on bits for next week, as next chemo hopefully tomorrow.
Dulcie- How are you doing? Hope your stomach has settled, I know you have suffered with this in the past. Hope you manage to get some rest today. I am sure your OH will appreciate that thias is also a difficult time for you to, and he seems to have his sister for support which is good.
Patchit- I to tend to irn with left arm, not as speedy but I get there, I still find that at the end of the day my right shoulder gets stiff sometimes, despite still doingarm exercises.
Kojak- sorry to here that you had conjunctivitis, glad that it seems to be improving, hope fully it wont affect chemo on Wed. Glad that you hair is still attached.I am opposite with you to periods, I was looking forward to them stopping, but I have had them with both FEC1 and FEC2, and they have been the periods from hell!!!!!
Well have sun here at present in Attleborough, so going to sort out some washing.#Have a lovely day all.
Jane

Care_N

Hi Dulcie, pleased to hear your temperature has gone down. You've had such a rough time lately its not surprising that you're not coping well. I hope things start to improve for you now, but we're all here for you, and will be until you're through all of this.

Haven't caught up on yesterday's posts yet, so I'll be back later, but just wanted to send love and hugs.
Caren xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Beryl yes it was the chemo helpline and she hardly said a word to me..just take the paracetomel which i cant always tolrate..so i rang an out of hours doc..and he told me to get the half of tranq..then see how i was in a hour..so my temp has gone back down without the paracetomol..and i have been dozing in a chair since 5.30am..
I noticed someone on the April thread was feeling like me too!
Thank you all for saying you wont leave me...i'm so grateful for that....
This only the start and i'm not coping very well...and i don't know how i will support OH in his forcoming grief!!
Dulcie xxxxx.

Guest user
Not applicable

Dulcie - Sorry forgot to ask when you had chemo did they give you a card for the Chemo Helpline at your hospital? You said you called triage so assuming that is at the A/E unit. The Chemo Helpline is something different and I would be surprised if they told you to take paracetamol at that stage, perhaps it was them you called. When I've had a question/problem I've called the Helpline and they have been wonderful. I'd be interested to know what you have been given regarding this etc.

Bye for now.

Beryl XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Call

Dulcie - How are you doing now. Please try and calm down and you were right to cal about temp, but mine as been in the 37's amd I was fine. I kept taking my temp after first session but now I don't unless I'm not feeling quite right. It will fluctuate, it's normal too and you were right not to take the paracetamol at that stage. I also had pains in my tummy because couldn't go to the loo for a few days but I know you have other issues with stomach, if I'm remembering correctly from previous posts.

I'm sorry to hear about O/H's mother it's all an additional worry ancd concern for you both. Good to know that his sister is there to help with the support he/you will need on that front.

We would never leave anyone on our forum because we are a team and here for each other throughout. Thinking of you and let us know asap how you are all doing this morning.

Big hugs and best wishes

Beryl XX

Guest user
Not applicable

I am worried sick...the OH came back at a about 1am..and rang me to tell me he had left his mother with his sister...waiting..all night..
cos he woke me up..all the stress is back and i have been up and down all night with pains in my tum! That is where my stress goes...anyway my temp was 37.3 and i rang triage..and she just said take two paracetomel..well it says NOT to do that as it masks other things..so i rang out of hours and the doc told me to take another half a tranqulzier..then wait an hour...then maybe take paracetomol..i cant go back to bed ..i'm scared too!..
Dulcie xxx

Patchit

Evening ladies
Just watched the voice and did 17" of ironing (in height)!. I use my left hand to iron now because of the mx. It takes a lot longer, so I only do the fronts of things to compensate! My OH thinks I am mas, but it makes perfect sensse to me!!!

Franoli, what an awful week for you! I am not surprised you are feeling shattered after coping wiht all that has happened to you. All the hospital stuff is really alien to all of us and its a lot to cope with. Are your aches related to your injection? Have you got some painkillers you could take (diclofenic)? Be kind to yourself and have a few days of rest.

Megsmum, thats a funny wig story! Its good to have lighter moments!

Marie67, WELL DONE with the walk! That's a real achievement given energy levels on chemo!

Kojak, good news re the hair! Hope it continues to hang in there! Hope the eye has healed completely and you dont have your chemo delayed.

Dulcie, bless you! We wont leave you! Even if you are the last to finish, we will still be here for you and we will have a massive cheer when you come in last over the finishing line! We should also raise a glass to the end of chemo for all of us, I already have a bottle chilling in the fridge which my son bought me for mothers day. Sorry to hear about OH mother. 98! That's a good innings! I hope she is at peace and that OH is coping ok. Glad you got to see her last week. Hope thigns have settled down for you now at home and that your SE's have been manageable.

Joan xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Dulcie, bless you, there is nothing wrong with being positive about yourself, glad you felt comfy wearing your wig home. No none of us will leave you. Sorry to hear about OH's mum.
Home OH's rels have left you in peace. Big Hug
Jane
XX

Guest user
Not applicable

I will do individuals...promise! there are so many things i want to say..to each one of you..
My Oh has just this minute been called to the hospital..it looks like the end has come for his..mum..98 nearly bless her! I did at least see her last week..i'm so pleased about that...and there was me telling him to wear a face mask while he is there.....i am stupid!

Maybe its the wrong moment to have a positive...but i wore my wig home...today and i really like it! I do rather look like a Shiu.tisu dog as i wear a bit at the top with a clip to give it height...but i know it will be different without hair..i'm like Peanut Mary on that one! I think most of us if not all...
But its keeping down the infections and SE's that matter the most...and those of you that have family that is poorly too! I wonder if i will be on my own with the end of chemo ..as i have 7 to gom yet..you won't leave me will you?
LOve
Dulcie xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,
It's been a couple of weeks since I was last on here and just can't catch up with all the posts so apologies to anyone i forget to mention...

Dulcie - I can't believe your step daughter's behaviour, i was shocked as i read your post. If you speak to her again maybe you should ask her why she thinks you had to join an on-line forum to find the support you needed in the first place - does she think any of us want to be in this situation???? Sorry if this is speaking out of turn but it sounds like she needs a bloody good kick up the backside!

Wolsty (Jane) - Hoorah! Very pleased to hear that the chemo is working, what a relief for you, makes it all worth while.

Raechi - My portacath was quite uncomfortable for a good couple of weeks but after that it settled right down and now i barely remember it's there (unless my daughter elbows it that is).

Megsmum - Sorry to hear about your hospital stay but glad to hear you're feeling better now.

EBHippo - You look amazing in your wig!

Chascat - Very pleased to hear that your husbands postrate cancer tests were negative, what a relief, did they find out what it actually is yet though?

CM - Congratulations on getting your new job, I'll be thinking of you on Monday x

As for me, I still have my hair! Honestly can't believe it but I am very nearly at FEC3 and have had only minimal shedding of strands. I use the paxman cold cap and their leaflets claim they have a 70% success rate but i honestly thought 'I'm not that lucky' - but seems maybe I am, fingers crossed it lasts 🙂

I picked up my wig anyway (just in case). Her name is Mylie and she's a childs wig as i have an incredibly small head apparently! Anyway she's very nice and very similar to my own hair. I was very brave and did wear her home from the shop and the lady's in the shop were right, no-one looked at me twice. My daughter (18 months) didn't even look at me funny when i got home but she was a bit shocked when i took my 'hair' off later!

Good news is that I had a period! Not very often I celebrate that i have to say but was pleased to see that my body is still functioning and gives me hope that we'll be able to have another baby when all this over.

Bad news is that I've had conjunctivitis this week and had anti-biotic drops to clear it up. My eye looks and feels back to normal now but the chemo nurse said the oncologist may want to delay my next treatment by a week to be sure all infection has gone. I have to wait until i go to get bloods done on Tuesday to hear what he thinks, just have to hope bloods are ok and number 3 can go ahead on Wednesday.

Sounds weird but I can't wait for FEC3 - half way and it feels like a massive milestone - all down hill after that (in a good way).

Take care all, Jules x

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening Ladies,
Well the weather was kind for the walk, the heavens opened as we were leaving to come home so that was ok.
Well am very impressed with myself that I managed the walk with no problems ( a workmate carried my backpack bless him!!) I actually feel great I think it was good to give the battered body a push (not sure if I will be saying that tomorrow!!!) I used to do alot of walking before BC, so maybe I need to keep it up.
Woltsy- fab news re your tumour shrinking and that you have a date for the op.
Bettie well done you for having head shaved and going commando.
KQ- I use Aloe vera gel on my scalp, it's so soothing and not greasy or sticky.
Patchit- glad you are feeling brighter.
Franoli- my that was a long day and what an ordeal to get your treatment sorted. Hope you ar doing ok.
Carolyn- I take Ompeprazole all the time since after 1st FEC for indigestion and have been fine. I to was told no live yogurt but any other yoghurts were ok.
Jayjay- sorry to hear that you have been struggling with exhaustion and been fighting your demons, hope you are doing ok now It's amazing how BC and chemo can suddenly floor you both physically and emotionally, but this is such a good place to come to.
Twinky- hope you get better sleep tonight.
Poppy- glad you are on the mend and that you and your son are having fun sorting out the buffs
Megsmum- hope you manage to get everything from your trip to the caravan.
Beryl- hope you had a lovely lunch.
Well off to have tea now, lasagne and garlic bread yum yum
Jane

megsmum

Poppy i was already on the blood boosting injections !!!
I blame myself as we went out for the day and stood in a long que to get in to the place, we presume i picked something up there. But i do agree its nice to know we,re not alone.
I also wonder if this will make me do my job better as i certainly have more awareness of the potential problems patients face.

On a lighter note my daughter got the fright of her life today she went to find my hairdryer and was confronted by raquel (wig) looking down at her. I know i shouldnt laugh but she really did scream.

Keep strong xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Afternoon ladies.

Great news for you Wolsty (Jane) - so pleased to hear it.

Bettie - I've also had my hair shaved off today and answered the door to the postman without covering up. My hairdresser was lovely and so gentle. She washed my scalp and gave it a lovely little massage afterwards and when I went to pay, said "It's on us" and wouldn't let me give her anything. People are SO kind sometimes.

This week has been a bit horrendous, to be honest. After seeing the consultant on Weds and knowing my bloods were better, the portacath was booked for the following day with chemo straight after. After being canulated in the chemo suite, they told me they couldn't give me chemo that day as there wouldn't be enough time after my op so I would have to come back the next day. They were very nice about it and apologetic so I just decided to go with it.

There were no beds on the ward I was due to be in. I was then sent to the oncology ward with my notes where a huge row broke out between the porter, the ward clerk and the sister. I actually thought the nursing staff were hugely unprofessional and most of the arguing went on across my bed as I was waiting in the corridor. Then the sister started shouting at the porter as she said he had called me Beryl! It was quite farcical.

The vascular team couldn't have been nicer and were very friendly and chatty. Unfortunately one anaesthetist had called in sick that day which meant I could either go home and come back the following week or have the op under local anaesthetic which was not what they normally did. I opted for this as I really didn't want to have to come back again for this. They were fantastic and laughed and joked with me all through the operation and as soon as it was finished were offering me tea and birthday cake!

Back to the oncology ward who were still in foul moods (and no doubt under lots of pressure) but it took an hour for someone to come and put back up my antibiotic drip which meant we wasted an hour. I asked for something to eat as it was 4pm by this time and again, waited an hour for them to bring me a salad from the fridge. My canula began to hurt so they had to take it out and call the out of hours doctor to put another one in. We left at 7pm having been there since 8.30am.

Back the following day to have FEC2 which they tried to put into the new portacath. After 4 attempts which were the most painful thing I think I have ever endured, I asked them to stop and please canulate me. The nurses on the oncology ward had given me no advice on after care but the chemo suite nurses again, were just brilliant. So patient and kind but it was a long day again. I managed to administer my injection this morning but am feeling really knocked out by this second FEC and, I suppose, the pretty intense week.

Had a few tears, mostly because of tiredness but also aching a lot. Luckily I've had no nausea at all so far but just feel I can't concentrate and I didn't sleep that well.

I can't remember who it was earlier who was saying a particular drug could only be prescribed privately. If it's on the NHS list and you're being asked to pay, you should contact the PCT and complain. Given how much our treatments cost, £75 is a drop in the ocean but a lot to us as individuals.

So sending hugs to all and wishing you few side effects and a peaceful weekend.

Shelley xx

poppyD

Hi

Woltsy thats fab news you must feel relieved even though you still have surgery you are making such good progress

Patchit my son is having his surgery soon they are gonna give him a date in early may

Megsmum i am sorry to hear you had neutropaenia too. The 2nd Fec has wiped me out and although I am sorry to hear you had awfull 2nd fec it somehow makes me feel less lonely knowing you have been through similar.are they going to give you any white blood cell boosting injections.

Love to you all

Pops x

Patchit

Jane, I think my last one is 5th July as I am having 4 TAX. I dont know whether I will go on to have a recon in the future, at the moment I just want to get this bit over with!

You can have some of my fat for your recon! There is more than enough to go round! I am glad you have a date, it will give you something else to focus on, rather than just the chemo. I hate feeling so out of control of my life! I really think that part of it is something you cant understand unless you have been through it.

Its great to be talking about our last chemo! I am not half way yet as am having 7 treats in total. Think after my next one (4th), I will be able to think in terms of 'how many are left', rather than 'what no am I on'! Its that little light at the end of this tunnel which is burning brightly in the distance, isnt it? I cant quite see it yet but once I am half way, I am sure it will be visible!.

Joan x

Wolsty

Hi Joan.

I am having MX and recon at same time. I am having LD flap recon as don't have enough fat on my tummy to have the diep one (although that might well change the amount I'm eating!!)

When is your last chemo? Mine is on 11th June - I can't wait for it to all be over. I am so pleased to have a date for surgery. Felel like I am bit more in control and can plan my summer. I don't know how long I will have to wait after surgery before starting rads though.

Jane

Patchit

Hi ladies

Well, it’s a bit brighter today. I am playing yo-yo with the washing line today, and have done some cleaning! My eldest son popped round a while ago and he always gives me a big hug when he goes now, something he never used to do!

Dulcie, how are you today? I totally agree with CM, you just cant have this hassle especially in your own home. Its dreadful behaviour! I do hope things have settled down on that front now and also that your OH is doing ok too. Xxx

Marie67, how did you get on with your walk? You are probably asleep now! I used to do a lot of walking and should really get out when I feel better now, but I just cant be bothered!

Poppy, I hope you have had a nice time with your family. Do you know when your son’s surgery is yet?

Beryl, I hope you have had a nice lunch.

KQ, I too cant really explain how I am feeling. Its such a mixture of things! I have one friend who keeps questioning me too. But when I say I really resent the lack of control I have over my life, she says it isn’t lack of control that I have, its lack of choice. Before that she said it was lack of being able to plan! FFS! I don’t really care what label is put on it! Its just how I feel! LOL! I rub bio-oil into my head daily but I was told almond oil or aloe vera are also both fine.

Twinky, glad you are feeling brighter, I hope the trip to the market was enjoyable. Yes, I do struggle to fit everything in. I am also trying to work, so I end up taking holiday to do things I want to do, when, if I wasn’t working I would be off sick. D’oh!

Jayjay, don’t put yourself under pressure to reply to everyone personally. That’s the great thing about this thread! We can all jump in and out depending on how we feel. Some days I haven’t posted, but I have still tried to read what’s going on. Sorry you have been feeling poorly, I hope you buck up soon and can enjoy some good days.

Wolsty, THAT’S GREAT NEWS! I am so pleased for you! Are you having MX and recon done at the same time? I have Olympics tickets for 8th August and its always at the back of my mind, whether I will get there! I am hoping I will be between chemo and rads then, but it might not work out like that. Fingers crossed for you!

Bettie! WOW, get you! Well done! Weren’t you cold though?! I am happy to go commando but need a hat for warmth!

I have to do a shopping list and also do the ironing. Which shall I do first? I know, FIGHT!!!!!!

Joan xxx

Kittyqueen

Afternoon...

Bettie...well done you xxxxxx I've just cut mine as close as I can get, will get the Oh to shave the rest off later..and it does feel better, scalp not as sore xxx

Peanut...Mary P, I was the same going to the hairdresser's every 5 weeks for my cut and colour, I;ve never had the best hair in the world but I will certainly appreciate it when I get it back again lol

Wolsty...Jane...really pleased for you xxxxx

Actually, what do we moisturise our heads with ??? Not given that one a thought eeeeekkkk!!!!!!!

Love
KQ

Bettie

Hi all, hope you're having a good day.

I'm so proud of myself. I have had the last of my hair shaved off and, have answered the door to the postman commando, taken the dog for a walk and have been in our local shop completely bald. This is me and I'm so pleased I have done it. I thought I'd be completely stressed but am just relieved it is all off. It is liberating and if people stare let them its their problem.

My niece bless her (aged 9) said I look really pretty. Not sure about that but it was a lovely thing to say and she gave me a massive hug whilst feeling the top of my scalp!

Big hugs to those of you feeling poorly

Love Bettie xx

jayjay40

Carolyn, I agree with Joan, no activia or an other yogurts in the little bottles as the have live bacteria which is normally good but not when you are on chemo with a compromised immune system. Any other yogurts are fine.
Jay xx

megsmum

Morning all nice to hear from you Poppy hope your feeling better, i too have been hospitalised with neutropenic sepsis and am hoping they will go ahead on wed, Fec 2 has certainly flattened me.

Jayjay keep your chin up and keep posting i know how hard it is to keep going

Marie good luck with your walk.

Dulcie your Dil sounds like a total idiot so take no notice of her but if they bother you again speak to the police, you dont deserve this s--t on top of everything else

Sorry cant remember everyone else and am on phone as we ventured to caravan again to collect my stuff after abandoning it when i was ill.

Keep stong everyone xx

Wolsty

Hooray! Just back from meeting with my surgeon. Tumour shrinking nicely from chemo which is encouraging and now have a date for my MX and recon - 7th July. Hopefully that will mean that I will be recovered enough to go to the Olympics with my family on 4th August.

and the sun is shining. Feeling happy

Jane xx

Patchit

Morning ladies

Just a quick post as I need to go and get dressed! Will post more later.

Carolyn, I too was told not to eaty 'live' yoghurt. I was told you can eat anything else like 'shape' but not to eat stuff like 'activia' (which I used to eat), so I have just switched to shape brand. Think others are ok too, own brands like tesco, sainsburys, m&S (other supermarkets available!).

happy shopping!
Joan x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning ladies

Good luck with walk Marie, you'll get a real sense of achievement when it's done.

Not feeling too good today, indigestion a killer taking Omeprazole, but feel like I've been severely winded, god I hate all of this. OH being lovely but worrying like a mother hen. Arm sore as well both on cannula site and up arm, I'll have to mention to oncologist when I see him.

Need some advice as well about yoghurts. Read we can't have live yoghursts but what type can we eat, I used to eat them daily to help digestion and have a massive craving for them now. Any advice appreciated.

Hope everyone else ok and se not too bad, like a few this one (no 3) has been horrible.

Loving the wig stories with pets, don't have any so mine just sits on stand waiting to be worn.

Need to do some shopping today bought a Radley bag from John Lewis online that needs taking back, so might
look at some alternatives. The sun is shining here at the moment, don't know about you lot but enough of the rain now, sunshine always brightens spirits.

Love to all enjoy your Saturday.

Love

Carolyn xxx

jayjay40

Hi All,

Sorry not been on for a while but have been feeling just exhausted with no motivation to do anything. I am also hardly sleeping at the mo, just 2 hrs last night! I am getting really scared about having my fec3 on Thurs. Each time I have had chemo it has made me so unwell with last time being just dreadful. I feel like I cannot cope with being so ill anymore & just when I have started to feel back to myself b4 all this cancer stuff. I think I am nearly at the point of having panic attacks although my rational head knows I have no choice but to continue. Guess the good thing is, as like many of you, this will be the last of fec & then I move on to tax, which fingers crossed may be better 😞

Dulcie- I too am horrified that somebody can be so outrageously cruel to you at such a difficult time.....how dare she the little madam. I know it is upsetting but please try to rise above it as negativity is an emotion that you do not need around you. None of it is your fault, like the rest of us you are just a women doing her best to deal with her cancer diagnosis & kick this horrid disease up the butt!!! What a vile person to treat you so badly when all you need is love and support. I am so pleased you joined the forum as you regularly put a smile on my face so please stick with it! You take care of you honey & just ignore her!! xx

I cant reply to anyone else on this post as I seem to have got so behind. I will start reading daily & paying attention to all your posts. As I said above my absence has been due to me fighting my own demons the past few days but have now decided to not go it alone & get back on here to share! I have been thinking about you all and am wishing you all a happy, feeling well weekend. If you are not having a good day remember we are all here to empathize, sympathies & offer support where possible. Happy Saturday ladies & big hugs to all xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Beautiful day. Am off to the market once I've had some breakfast. Didn't sleep last night which isn't like me bit grabbed a couple of hours this morning. Need a food shop in Tesco too but want to try & get some rest this weekend. Need a bit of sun on my head as I still have a white scalp & brown face that don't look like they're related!

After being deserted for ages I now have a glut of people wanting to visit next week which weirdly enough (after moaning about being lonely) now stresses me a bit. Will have to plan my week carefully as I must still have plenty of lazy time too. Don't want to end up ill from overdoing it. The good thing is one of the visitors wants to bring food so that saves me worrying about cooking food ( not that I mind doing it, just tired these days). Does anyone else feel that there are so few good days you struggle to fit all you want to do in before the next juicing?

Well...can't lie here all morning! Hugs to everyone. I'm wondering what Tax will be like as FEC is now behind me!

Twinky x

Kittyqueen

Morning,

Marie67..... All the best for your walk xxxxx

BerylS...Looooooooove the wig story, my oh and I were talking yesterday about going to the seaside, I like Llandudno and walking along the prom and the sensitive soul said,'well you'd best watch your wig with those seagulls about' :))))))))))))) How true!!!

Amylou...Love your piccy xxxxxx I hide my wigs from the cats as I'm sure they'd see a mice 'furry mousy'

Socks... Hope you have a lovely weekend xxx

PoppyS... sorry you've had such a rough time , big hugs xxxx

Dulcie...words actually fail me with your step daughter and her husband...how cruel people can be is incredible. He should not be allowed to harass you in your own home.

Well, i went to the neighbours for tea last night with the oh and another couple, wore my wig, incidentally both are called 'Ellen'....had a lovely time till it got to about 9.45 and I needed to sleep. One of our friends kept asking me 'What does it feel like when you're tired with chemo' and again and again .....I tried to explain it's a kind of detached feeling for me where everything seems to be going on around you and you just can't join in...weird feeling.

Well, hope everyone has a lovely weekend with minimal SE's, oh gone to to the shopping with his Mother.........guess will cost me double lolololol....

Love
KQ

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Lovely Ladies

Marie - Will be thinking about you doing your sponsored walk and hope all goes well. Do you have a link where people can sponsor you? I know that BC does that because my daughter always does the Race for Life. If not then let me know how and where to send you something? McMillan do a fantastic job and they are a very worthy cause. Good luck and keep smiling through, just think of the nice cup of tea and cake when you reach the end.

PoppyD - Shingles is so horrible, not that I've had it but I know those that have had it and went through a rough time. Hope you are on the mend now and nothing gets delayed with your treatment. Big Hug X

Bette - Glad to hear Onch went well. Scalp does get sore and when it starts doing that then it's going to feel so much better when the weight gets taken off. Aloe Vera gel is very soothing so try some of that after it's been taken off. Lunch out and retail therapy sounds like just the job and is always a good boost.

Franoli - Hope that your feeling OK after last session and are not suffering any unnecessary s/e's. No doubt you will be back on here and updating us as soon as you feel up to it. Big Hug X

Care N - Back and bone aches. I only got them when I started my WBC injections and they ended up prescribing me Diclofenic. Patchit also recommened them. They certainly worked wonders and I take them everytime now and get virtually nothing. May be worth asking the question.

Jamesy - Hope you are also doing OK after your last session and anti-sick meds are working OK. Working at the end of week, I'm so impressed with your stamina and if you can do it then why not.

Mary (Peanut) - Deed done and well done! It will feel so much better now but will take some getting used to. Don't forget to post a pic with wig on. Glad you got to call into work and do some more normal things after hairdressers. Sounds like O/H's cafe is very busy, which is a good thing. If someone said I had to cook for a living I would be panic stricken. Put me to clear tables, wash up and take orders, no problem. Cooking I'd be a DISASTER! Mind you I have no problem eating it (He He). Hope all is OK for you today and s/e's stay away.

Mollie43 - Hope all OK after last treatment and you have had a good night sleep. Big hug X

Raechi - Also hope that you are feeling much better today and the pain/tenderness has subsided.

Dulcie - Trust they came to monitor your heart and all went well. Hope everything is quieter on the NOT DIL front and they are leaving you alone. Samaritans do a wonderful job and there's always someone there at the end of the phone to listen. It's nice to know that you have that link if and when you need it. Try and rest as much as you can because that is such a good healer of body and mind. Sounds like your Doctor is switching on to your needs. Let's hope they can offer you the support you need or knows someone/somewhere that can. Another big hug X

KT23 - How did you get on at the hospital? Thinking of you. Plenty of big hugs today X.

Gabby - Glad I made you laugh and you are feeling better today as well.

Socks - Enjoy your weekend with your partner because you deserve it. Hope sore throat and arm are feeling better and it's OK to be scared it's perfectly normal. Nasty old business we are going through and when we are down and feeling low it's no surprise, A bit of quality time this weekend is what you need to perk you up. Sounds like having your partner there is just the thing. Chin up and yet another big hug x

Well, I think I'm all hugged out now and if I've missed anyone off then a BIG HUG X to you to.

Hubby taking me out to lunch today and looking forward to that. Now should I take 'Frankie' or wear hat/scarf? Think 'Frankie' might get to hot and bothered and want to come off, so scarf it is.

Bye for now all.

Beryl XX

poppyD

Morning

good luck with your walk Marie

Thanks for all your kind messages

hope to be able to go out for meal as all three children here and was daughters 21st whilst in hospital so have familly and friends over

I discussed with oncologist who was lovley and agreed it was important to socialise at home but concerned by lack of rest however kids are all grown up so they are helping.

Best laugh i had in ages is practiscing how to wear a buff I have one and although havent lost hair like to wear it sometimes as short spiky hair is wild. Bought one for son ready for next surgery so me and him havin a larf think he should do the pirate one as this op is trap door to the front of his head poor thing

lots of love everyone x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Ladies,
Well all set for the walk ( must have been the chemo brain that made me agree!!)so far we have blue skies here so fingers crossed it stays that way I have had a bout £350 in peoples sponsorship so am determined to do it, can always sleep all day tomorrow.
Poppy - you poor thing i know shingles can be bad at the best of times without the added problems of chemo. Hope you are starting to feel better and fingers crossed for Wed.
Will check and reply to posts later.
Hugs to all
Jane

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone
Well deed done yesterday, all hair shaved off and what a relief! My scalp was really sore, so much better now, wore my wig home and not one person appeared to look at me in a strange way so that was good!!
Bette/Gabby- my hair meant a lot to me, I go to haidressers every week for last 20 years, even on hol in Tenerife I have a regular hairdresser so know exactly where you coming from. I just found it so distressing falling out in handfuls! Poor hairdresser is completely traumatised as being doing my hair for last 10 years had to force him to do a No 2 shave, he was very reluctant, must have felt bad didnt charge me!!
Dulcie- Still fuming over stepdaughter, think CM right you should report to Police just for the record.
Poppy- Poor thing, how horrible for you, hope you get better soon xx
Marie- How good are you doing your walk, flipping heck 6 miles!! Hope you wont need waterproofs good luck,God I am so lazy couldnt do a mile at the moment!
Amylou- shame about your wig but great to hear you are feeling confident going commando, I cant do that yet!Love the idea of a head butt! I am only 5ft 1ins so you can do one side and I will do the other!!
WS- I had a sore throat after 1st one but no temp now day 4 after 2nd and feels tickly again but no temp, must be a se for us.
Beryl- Glad Frankie got an outing at last, you do feel a little vulnerable the first time.
Was so exhausted yesterday was in bed by 7.30, hence now wide awake at this time. OH just getting up to prep cafe for opening so he has made me some toast and tea which I will have and try and get another couple of hours sleep, OH still in spare room with his nasty cold.
Hugs to all and those I have not mentioned, thinking of you all
Mary xxx

ChoccieMuffin

Dulcie, I would also be tempted to call the police to have a chat with them and explain that you were very scared by the man turning up on your doorstep. You can if you want to say that you don't want to pursue anything at this stage, but would like your call logged in case he does it again. Better safe than sorry, as they say.

Off to bed, sorry not to reply to everyone but sending hugs.

CM
x