cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

Look at that went through twice - goodness only knows how much patience we are supposed to have on top of everything else!!!!
Guest user
Not applicable

Not going through, trying again 9th time - Tried to edit my message but the edit feature is not working, so that's something else that needs sorting out. I'm sure you will be able to figure out what I'm trying to say. Beryl XX
Guest user
Not applicable

Not going through, trying again 9th time - Tried to edit my message but the edit feature is not working, so that's something else that needs sorting out. I'm sure you will be able to figure out what I'm trying to say. Beryl XX
Guest user
Not applicable

Not going through again, try, try again.......Good morning all, Patchit - So pleased that you have made it home and are on the mend and it sounds like your Doctor was on the ball and you of course. It's pretty awful what you have had to go through but with the anti's they should get you in shape for another treatment soon. Nice to have you back and messaging again. XX Angelherts - You are having quite a time of it with your allergic reactions to things. Sometimes you makes you wonder about how much all of this treatment is doing to our bodies. I know it's something we have to be going through to get us out the other end but somethings got to give sometimes. As far as I know I'm not generally allergic to anything but do have a very sensitive nose and take a daily antihistamine for that and it keeps it under control. It's a shame that the nursing/medical staff seem to get very matter of fact about things and shrug things off that should perhaps be investigated further. Look at poor Raechi for instance with her DVT. I do hope that your PIC line area will settle down soon and they find something to dress it with that you are not allergic to and you can be comfortable with. You take care X. Ceej - Hope you feel up to going to work and getting some exercise at your classes. I think that you are great trying to keep up with the classes because I've put my membership on hold whilst going through this. The most I can manage is going out for walks along the sea front as and when the weather permits. Hope you got a good night sleep because sometimes I think that's half the battle X. Marie (Jane) - Will be thinking of you when you go for your treatment today, hope everything goes to plan and you will soon be home ready to start the roller coaster. You take care now X. Mary (Peanut) - How are you today? Hope the blessed nausea has subsided and you are feeling able to get out and about but the weather isn't too good here, so can only assume it's the same in Blackpool. Big hug coming your way X. Dulcie - Hope you are continuing to improve and you can get out and about. It was good that you could get out and feed the wildlife and have a meal. Your pic looks great by the way! Try not to worry too much about the injections because you will be better off with them. You know what to watch out for and if you are going to have a reaction it will be relatively quick by the sounds of things. Some of our ladies have been very unlucky and have had to stop having them but it doesn't mean its going to happen to you X. Raechi, JayJay, Waitingtoo, KT23, Amylou, Calmy and many others where are you and I/we do hope you are OK? Perhaps when you feel like it you could drop us a line or two to let us know how things are going. I'm off to the hospital this morning for my pre chemo blood test. If all goes well it will be my last one tomorrow and I feel very anxious about it now it's just round the corner. Don't want another reaction like last time but I know that they will be dosing me up with the extra meds and monitoring me. If they don't keep a close watch then I will sure as hell will should out very load if anything sinister starts to happen. Will keep you posted on that one. I tried several time yesterday to send an additional post but couldn't get the darn thing to go through. It's likely that's the reason why we haven't had any posts from our ladies because they're fed up of trying. Will be thinking of all today and hope it's a better one for you. Got to go and start getting ready for my trip. Love and best wishes, Beryl XX.
Bettie

Morning Ladies hope you all had a good night.
Spent the whole of Sat in bed with bad cold, no appetite (unusual for me) and generally felt awful. Feel better today but still have a bad cold but temp is normal. Due to go for bloods tm. Can they be affected by a cold?
Off to Hosp today for an MRI for my other tumour (benign) so am keeping fingers crossed it hasn't grown.
For all of you having chemo this week hope it goes ok with minimal SE's.
Best Wishes
Sue

Patchit

Good Evening Ladies!

Hooray! I am home! I have been keeping up with everyone’s news while I have been in hospital, although was unable to post, other than smiley’s, which I didn’t really feel like doing!! Anyway, all is well and I am glad to be sleeping in my own bed tonight (already been for a nap earlier!). As you will know, I was back and forth to the GP last week every day with various ailments following my first Tax last Thursday (3rd May). I will briefly list what happened as I know some may be interested in the details:

Day 3: Start of aches, pains and tiredness as expected

Day 5: sore mouth and genital area

Day 6: saw GP, diagnosed with oral and genital thrush. Overnight I had rapid heart rate and up most of the night. Also had raised temperature on and off, but it never went over 38 degrees.

Day 7: saw GP, had ECG which was normal. Rapid heart rate put down to SE of Tax.

Day 8: red line appeared along my vein so off to GP again as aware they need to use my veins again in a couple of weeks! GP looked at it and at my notes from the week, did obs. Still slightly raised temp and blood pressure so queried if I had a urine infection, which was confirmed on testing. GP called hospital and asked about neutropenia sepsis. She was told to do the blood test for it, results came back positive at 6pm. GP phoned me and sent me straight to A&E, where I was admitted and sent to the ward at 4.45am on Day 9. I have been in isolation, which was interesting, to say the least, and been on IV anti-biotics. Blood count for neutrophils on day 8 was 1.3, day 10 was 0.4 and day 11 (today) 0.8. I have to stay away from people for the next few days and am on oral anti-biotics for a week.

I have to say that I did not feel really ill at any time. The SE’s were mostly expected, other than the heart rate thing, which I found scary! I don’t know how my GP made the link between the red area on my hand and neutropenia, but I am very thankful that she is good at her job and picked up on signs others may have missed. My temp was up and down throughout most of this time, but never by enough to send me to A&E, it never went over 38 degrees. I felt clammy at times, but also wondered if that was down to hot flushes as my hormones are all over the place and I have been expecting that to happen at some point. I have been lucky. If I had left things, they could quickly have got worse, really without me realising because my temp wasn’t within the limits we are told to act on.

All I can say is to be vigilant. I felt like a nuisance going back and forth to my GP, but obviously it was the right thing to do. If you are worried about anything, however small (like my red area on my vein), get it checked out. Its always best to be safe than sorry, and neutropenia is easier to treat, the earlier it is caught.

I will reply to posts tomorrow, I just wanted to post this tonight as I know you have been thinking of me. It’s given me such a boost to read that I have been in your thoughts, I can’t really tell you how much I appreciated reading your messages when I was in my 3m x3m box over the last couple of days! Thank you so much, marvellous marchies, I wish you all a peaceful and SE-free night sleep.

Joan xxxx

PS, Rae, thinking of you, did you get your chemo on Friday?

Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you for sharing Kitcat...i am probably similar in some aspects...they dont really know what to do....my ONC has a habit when i get the 'list' out..she buries her head in the paper work...so she doen't have to look at me when..i ask her difficult questions! I do find it annoying....
Thank you Ceej for your response ...and anyone else!
T was good! First meal i have enjoyed since chemo..i almost felt 'normal' for a couple of hours ..until the lady who serves us...starting telling me about her young daughter...just been diagnosed....different cancer to us..i cant spell it...i was very sad to hear about it!
Samantha stayed good even in the wind...but a sign of things to come...a glass of red wine..and suddenly ..the heat on my head...i nearly pulled Samantha right off....so looks like in the 'summer' lol what summer? Samantha will stay firmly put ..in the box!
Nite all
Dulcie xxxx
Ceej

Temp still ok and ive been to my brothers for lunch - thinking about going to work tomorrow or maybe Tuesday - cant see any reason why not as I'm either sitting there or sitting here 🙂
Am thinking maybe after day 14 (wed) my blood count should start improving. Probably not fit enough to do body sculpt tomorrow night ?
Anyway in bed now x just wanna sleep the night away - oh yeah sorry dance 🙂
Angelherts - ill let you know about the dosage on Thursday but I have a funny feeling hell keep it the same 😞

Have a lovely night all xxxx

Kitcat

Hi Dulcie,
I've got invasive lobular cancer which unfortunately was also in seven of the lymph nodes. I'd left it too long before going to the doctor as I thought it was just further cysts. They stopped measuring it at 70mm as it grows in tendrils rather than a lump.
I had three lots of epirubicin / cyclophosphamide and now I'm on to docetaxel. The oncologist has told me he doesn't know what will work so although I'm finding the treatment hard, it's in my interests to have the big doses each time. I get a month off and then three weeks of radiotherapy which I hope will be a doddle compared to this!
KC
x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Ladies.
PARGAYAN yes it is at Thornham Magna, we cut cross country from Attleborough to Diss then pick up the A140 takes about 1/2 hr to get there, had lovely walk altough had to stick to the main walk ways as alot were closed due to flooding, then had a coffee and large piece of carrot cake(must be the steriods!!!). Do you live near there? Are you having your treatment at Ipswich. Guess if the weather is good and our body's able we could meet there for coffee sometime in the future if you like. How is your OH doing?
PARSNIP glad you enjoyed the day out wwith your son, and had your mum to help.
DULCIE glad that you enjoyed your time by the river and have managed to sort out your wardrobe, sorry your OH is poorly again hope you get the answers to your questions before Tues. Hope Samantha behaved!!
AMYLOU sorry you can only do smileys, hope you doing ok
.PATCHIT sorry you can only do smileys, hope the bloods are starting to come up
.RAECHI hope yu are doing ok and that you managed to get chemo on Fri and that the arm is less painful.
CARABEL glad that it turned out not to be a DVT, there's always something to worry about.
ANGELHERTS sorryyou are having a tough time with PICC line, I to find the area of cording painful to touch, the more exercises I do it seems to become more tender, also the area around my mastectomy scar also seems to get tighter oh well it's been looked at several times but nobody seems unduly concerned
.CEEJ hope the temp still behaving, and that you are staring to feel better.
BERYL hope you enjoyed a nice Sunday lunch, good luck with bloods tomorrow.
Hope everyone else has an ok evening,and that JAYJAY, FRANOLI, WAITING TOO, KT23, GEMCAT and all the other ladies we haven't heard from for a while can give us an update soon.
Well off to drink more water in readiness for 1st TAX tomorrow.
Love Jane
.XXXX
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies just off for T ..started my clothes throw out...(to make room for more)..! i didnt realise how warm it is outside so missed a day writing some important stuff out! All done now i hope!
Joan i bet your exasperated same as Amylou that you cant write....in my thoughts xxx
Re- the picc line i rang the chemo nurse before and she says there is such a thing as a MID line...not as invasive as the picc...anyone know about this? or heard of it?
Samantha's along for the trip out too! AND its windy lol
Dulcie xxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Ladies,
Sorry to see that Joan is still in hospital Dying to know how it happened and what the signs were. It's scarey how quickly things can change. Glad she's posting smilies as at least we know she's OK and clearly dying to get back to join us.
Parsnip - So glad you are feeling a bit better and had nice time with your son.
Dulcie - If I could tolerate the injections I would definately have them as they protect you against Neutropenia. I had a very bad reaction to the Filgrimstram ones (the daily ones) but the reaction happened within 10mins of taking it - not hours or days later. My face swelled and my lips looked like Angelina Jolie - and stayed like that for 12 hours - I couldn't catch my breath, my nose "dried" out and then I collapsed. My son had to call an ambulance. It was clearly an allergic reaction and apparently very rare (although I have now met someone at my hospital that had exactly the same reaction). However, "we" also both had the identical reaction to some of the dressings the hospital use (and I am still have reactions to other ones they have tried) - so it might be linked.
The hospital think the drug itself wasn't the problem but it is mixed with a solution (like sweeteners) that is similar to the sugar/sweetener used in some fizzy drinks. Strangely enough I react badly to some fizzy and alchopops type drinks (in that I would get diahorrea within minutes of drinking them) - so they think it was the highly concentrate dose of this sugar substance being blazed into my blood stream that caused the instant reaction.
Sooo, unless you know that you have similar allergies then I think it's highly unlikely that you would react to it and it's definately worth having the injections rather than risk Neutropenia. I would suggest taking some Piriton before your first injection and having someone with you for the first 30 mins after doing it - as a serious reaction will happen quickly.
I hope that's reassured you at bit.
KittyQueen - thanks for tips on cording, I will try massage although it's all very tender to touch.
Ceej - I'd be surprised if your ONC doesn't reduce your TAX dose as both myself and Joan have had them reduced and Joan has still got Neutropenia - as have you - so I would ask him if I was you. This treatment is to give us the best chance of not having a reoccurence but not at the expensive of your health.
I have heard of another hospital that doesn't do the injections but instead gives Antibiotics as a precaution when you move to TAX - so maybe that's what he will continue to do with you and clearly it's stopped any infection developing even with your low count.
Pargayan - Hope the SE's from your 4th session aren't too bad. Just give in to the tiredness and think of those summer months when we will all have the energy again to go skipping through the daisies

My PICC line has continued to get worse, as expected. It does annoy me as I feel they don't listen. I could clearly see what looked like a blister forming under the PICC support but they didn't remove it to look as said it will get changed on Weds (at Chemo No4) and as she cleared the area around it with this stingy antiseptic stuff I could see little tiny blisters coming up - but was told it was just red and would settle once dried. Well now there are lots of them and the whole area is red and lumpy and last night the edges of the plaster was itchy so badly that I went to scratch it and jumped out my skin because it hurt - then gently tried to peel it back only to find a nice big blister that has popped and this morning has gone all yellow. Yuck.
So yet another thing I am allergic to. Prior to chemo I only knew I got the occasional hayfever ! Never experienced allergic reactions to anything - but then again never been ill and rarely ever worn a plaster. Grrrrrggg
Now worried my "mess" of an arm will get infected and that would be the icing on the cake - so making a list of questions for the ONC tomorrow. He'll love me
Carolyn - about your hair. I will show you mine if you show me yours I also have the middle strip of hair that is refusing to budge. When it's laid flat it's like an old mans comb over but if I pick the section up you can see it's actually just secured to the middle of the head and either side is bald. Can't wait for it all to fall out so I can just go commando as so sick of scarfs that keep moving and my wig gives me a headache if on all day.
Take Care everyone. Angie xx
Guest user
Not applicable

I'm having a blooking job getting this post to go through again aghhhhhhhhh!
Morning all you lovely March ladies. How are you all doing today? Well, the sun is out here on the east coast and that is nice for a change. Got my friends husband coming for Sunday dinner with us so I've been busy making pastry for an apple pie. Haven't made anything like that for ages so hope it tastes good and worth all the effort. It's nice to actual do something normal for a change and not thinking about BC. Dulcie - Sorry to hear that your O/H is feeling unwell again and that must put added pressure on everything. Try not to worry too much about your injections because the chances are that you will be perfectly fine with regards to reaction/s. You just need to make sure that you got something to help with any possible aches and pains. If you are unsure about doing the injection yourself then a DN will be arranged to do it for you. I did my second one with their quidance and was fine after that but can understand if you feel that you don't want to. Parsnip - I get that tingling and sensitive fingers and feet. Last night my left arm was playing me up with tingly sensations down it and into my fingers. Today it is less so and hopefully will go away shortly. It seems to be something that comes and goes and rather annoying. Had to leave message and come back because of telephone call from friend who lives in Northampton (where I originate from) and needed to make apple pie, jam tarts and a turnover from leftover pastry. Now I'm whacked and need a rest for a while. Where did our stamina go to and please can I have it back? Will post this now and will get back with more messaging later. Love and best wishes to all. Beryl XX
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Joan xx i see you still cant post...just smilies...i do hope you are now on the mend and coming home very soon! AND that you will be able to do more than ...smilies...
Dulcie xxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry to hear all that Kitcat..what cancer do you have? Mine is very advanced but they seem to be treating me ..as just 'standard'...
I'm not too keen to go through the last few weeks again either...but i see you had the 'daily' jabs..not the Neulasta..
It must be very hard to take a bigger dose of chemo than the norm?..no wonder you feel ill..
Dulcie xxxx
Patchit

Kitcat

Hello Angelherts,
Sorry I don't know any details about the double doses I am on. All I've been told is that it's called a dose dense or dose intense treatment and that I was getting two complete courses of chemo (of different things) in the space of one complete course as my cancer was advanced and the oncologist said he didn't know what would work, but he hoped one would. I don't know what dosage I am getting.
I don't know what will happen at the next treatment as I've been quite ill for more than a week. I don't know whether that is because of the docetaxel or the Filmgrastin jabs but I'm not keen to have the same experience again.
KC

Kitcat

Hello Angelherts,
Sorry I don't know any details about the double doses I am on. All I've been told is that it's called a dose dense or dose intense treatment and that I was getting two complete courses of chemo (of different things) in the space of one complete course as my cancer was advanced and the oncologist said he didn't know what would work, but he hoped one would. I don't know what dosage I am getting.
I don't know what will happen at the next treatment as I've been quite ill for more than a week. I don't know whether that is because of the docetaxel or the Filmgrastin jabs but I'm not keen to have the same experience again.
KC

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning everyone! Hi Amylou still cant post then ....It WAS a lovley day earlier..and now its dullsville..yuk!
If you are reading here Chico..i will look out for you on Tuesday at chemo...i will be wearing 'Samantha'...so look out for a 'witchy' lady...or a Shitz tu..dog...lol it needs a trim..cos when i had hair and it was trimmed...its 'dropped' now i'm bald and me fringe comes down me nose! I wouldn't DARE cut it meself....
I wonder what happens if i need a picc line and i refuse
I hope you all feeling well.....?
Dulcie xxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Kittyqueen

Morning All from sunny Derbyshire xx
Dulcie.....Laughing at your crystal ball readings...we lived in a carvan for 6 years whilst doing our house up and I was always tormented about selling pegs.. Re: The Neulasta injection...I had it every time after chemo and no probs so far xx
Carolyn.. I still have thin wispy greyish hair on top at the min....not coming out as much now but I don't use cold cap and eybrows and lashes still intact at min xxx
Angelherts:... I have cording on the inside of my arm which they use to do the cannula etc..due to not liking the epirubicin..nurse told me to get OH to massage it and it seems to help xx
Twinky... I too love live bands, think you should let us know when you nextplay and get a webcam so we can all watch xxx
Well ,on day 6 after No 3 feeling bit better today...could sleep round the clock though....might venture to the shop later as need some kitty food etc.....
Hope all ok
Love
KQ

Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you Twinky and Ceej....i'm not sure which way to go on this...if the jab is spread over several days its obviously less strong doses..than one biggie....
It will mean a DN coming in to give it to me...no way can i do it!
My OH is poorly again....this has gone on for weeks now..and he keeps getting called out to his mother..and doing bedside viduals ..which cant be helping at all..living on the 'edge' too! Every time the phone rings...
Today it was so lovely by the river ..feeding 6 squirrels ..a rat..yes a rat..he was a bit shy...and loads of different birds..i think people arent feeding them the same any more ...as the squirrels and the rat where eating bird seed and bread...i didnt have any peanuts...will next time! I could have touched the squirrels....so cute....!
Nite xxxx
Dulcie xxxx
Parsnip

Evening ladies,
Love to Joan and I hope the blood count comes up soon and you get home safe and well, thinking of you.

Well I managed a proper day out with my little boy today, god that felt so good. The week delay I had before the last dose has meant that my boy is now with me on the second weekend after a dose rather than the first each time so has meant I'm starting to feel more human and can actually do stuff with him. So we went to wakehurst place today which is down the road from me (I feel very lucky about that) and had sunny weather and a great time wandering around the gardens and even tree trunk hopping at one point! Have my mum down to give me a hand after the last week of not getting any sleep so we all went along, really lovely day. Bone pain is virtually gone now although I can still feel it there it doesn't disturb me much, a week of it was tough though, hoping its not so bad next time round. My onc basically told me there was nothing he could give me that I wasn't already taking and couldn't suggest an alternative for the codeine which I can only take when I don't have my boy with me (as it completely knocks me out!), very helpfully he said that it shouldn't get worse with subsequent cycles and may possibly get easier. I'm hoping for the latter of course. I've also already got the slitly numb and tingly fingers SE which is a problem of paclitaxel, hoping it doesn't get too bad as they can pull a cycle or reduce dose if it does as it may be permanent and there's no way of knowing. I'm already struggling with fine motor tasks so hoping its only temporary. I know it's my best possible chance to have the paclitaxel with this regime so I'm trying not to be too negative about it, and if I end up with slihtly numb fingers but still alive in ten years (my treatment gives me 50:50 chance of that) then its worth it .
Hope everyone has had a good day and managed to do something to enjoy the sunshine, love to those suffering and hope you feel better soon
Parsnip
Xx

Ceej

Dulcie - the first time I had the jab I immediately got like an insect bite which was itchy and I just sort of ignored it - I read the leaflet that said it's possible and it was ok.The second time, I had it on a Thursday and on Saturday lunchtime I had a rash appear on both legs which was itchy then almost immediately it came on the inside of both arms - I knew it was an allergic reaction and had just got out of the shower - but had done nothing different, so then realised it must be the jab.
It went as far as I could feel my lips were swollen and we went out and bought some Piriton which I took and it subsided over a few hours but was really itchy and red! - my ex had once had an anaphalactic reaction to some cheese which was very similar so I knew I was ok unless my tongue started to swell, and then you;re in real trouble as it blocks your airway, and you need immediate adrenelin.
Anyway, I told the ONC and he said he'd never heard of a reaction like that - although if you read the leaflet it is stated as one of the RARE side effects along with ruptured spleen! so he scrubbed it off my records and when I asked if I would just get a more severe reaction if I had it again, he just said - oh it might kill you! so I guess that's a real no.
I'm not usually the allergic to anything type! so it was a real surprise for me, but I suppose the other injection that is done every day is probably the same thing - they are both GCSF formulas which stimulate white cell count, Neustula is only once per chemo cycle.
You'll probably be ok Dulcie - and it certainly worked for me! but as soon as I'm not taking it I'm neutropenic! to be honest I'd take those side effects - it was only a few hours, but I know it can be serious xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Dulcie

I've been having a Neulasta jab each cycle of my chemo & never had any SE's from it so you might not notice anything at all. Hope this reassures you a bit.

Twinky x
Guest user
Not applicable

Ceej what was your reaction to the Neulasta jab...i am due to have one on Wednesday...to stop me going in hospital..and i have 7 more to go!
Dulcie xxxx
Ceej

Just read through before BGT - on my own tonight !
Angelherts - Would be interesting to find out about the "100" or "75" thing. When I had my reaction to the Neulesta the BC asked if the ONC had reduced the dosage and I said no - nothing been mentioned. I'd be quite happy for him to reduce the TAX but I cant see it happening - am seeing him on Thursday, though he has no social skills and is extremely difficult to talk to or ask questions. Like you - I'm sure I'll be one of the few who gets a ruddy reaction to TAX!
Am taking my temp regularly - I think the reason they didnt want me in, is that I'm not displaying a temp at the moment and the doc had given me some antibiotics for my throat which I started taking "just in case", so really all they would do is give me antibiotics and I'm taking some anyway 🙂 for a change something goes my way!
I've been out with daughter today, but it's such hard work even walking !! am feeling soooo lazy.
I feel for Joan - how did it get that far so quickly?! I'm scared stiff of getting an infection, and ending up there and still 3 doses to go 😞
Carolyn - I still got hair tho it's very short now - hairdresser says it seems ok. I'll carry on with the cold cap!
Carabel - yeah myself and WS seem to suffer - tho this time for me I couldnt even drink a cup of tea - it was so bad and really it's only today that it's feeling better and it started last Sunday!
Anyway I'm off for a sneaky wine - sod the low blood count 🙂
Big hugs to all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you Beryl hugs...now something else!....what is it i am supposed to take the day BEFORE chemo? is it laxitives...my brain has not got any better..even with a week off...btw ONC says i cannot do that again!!!
Dulcie xxxx
pargayan

Hi everyone, sorry to hear some are sufferring horrendously this time round. 4th Fec Tuesday this week so starting to feel tired with the long slippery slope down to no energy.
Marie67 - The Thornham park you mention is that the one at Thornham Magna in Suffolk. If it is we go there quite a few times and take our dog for a walk. Prior to my recurrence we often had a cream tea there, bad for the health but so tasty! We are planning a trip in my good week and stopping off at our friends pub in Finnigham for lunch.
Patchitt - hope they get your bloods up soon and you manage to get home.
Carolyn - My hair is thinning badly and through the grey all you can see is red scalp (steroid tinted) peeking through all over. I am putting off shaving it just in case I one of the odd few whose hair thins instead of falls out - not much real hope but it is not hurting at the moment. Onc nurse thinks I will have lost it all by my 5th one at the end of the month.
Dulcie - glad to see you posting again, you always make me smile. Enjoy your trip out.
Twinky - hope you have found benchland it is in this section under - Undergoing treatment for BC. Site seems to change each day - at the moment this thread is showing on my pc as 'Worried - Have I got BC'.
Well tea is now calling so will make haste. Love and best wishes to all xx

Carabel

Hi
been trying to catch up on all posts I have missed since mid week when I ended
up in hospital with suspected dvt. Turned out not to be a clot but had picc
line pulled back as the doctor at the hospital thought that it was touching
something in my heart, however when I went to oncology people they said that it
wasn't and it was fine where it was. What was frustrating was that the docs /
nurses in the hospital (general medical ward rather than onc) wouldn't
use the picc line to draw blood so ended up punctured and bruised when the picc
line was supposed to avoid all of that.

I see a few of you suffer from sore throat after chemo. I have
consistently had a sore throat from day five for about a week to ten days.
Paracetamol does seem to help. I have read so many posts at once I
can't remember who has done / said what but from what I can recall -

Woltsy I hope you have lovely day with your sisters. It is lovely to
spend time with your family.

Betty - so sorry you had to cancel your trip. I think we look forward to
these things so much more at the minute and it so much more disappointing when
we can't do the things we have planned.

Patchit - hope you are now out of hospital and feeling better.

Beryl - hope you had a successful trip to M & S.

Kitkat - Sorreryly you are having such a horrible time at the minute.
Raechi - hope you are feeling better and had your third chemo.

I am due 4th treatment on 24th May. Not yet sure if this will be another
Fec or will change to Tax. Decision still to be made.

I think I had a moan previously about some of the insensitive things people
say. On reflection (and now that the teary emotional stage has passed) I
recognise that mostly people say things with the best of intentions and in an
effort to be positive and supportive. I am sure I have done the same in the
past but hopefully I will in future think a bit more about things I might say.
My faith in people has also been restored by the very generous support I have
received from friends and family and friends of friends and family for doing
women's 10k (walking it) in aid of Maggies tomorrow. I have been
overwhelmed and am fast heading towards teary and emotional once again.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend and hope the rain stays away for
tomorrow!

Carabel

Guest user
Not applicable

This post went through without message and now I'm editing it by pasting in message again so it will go through. What is going on?
Dulcie - I'm on the Filgrastim and have to give myself 8 injections from day 3. Don't know what the difference is between the two but I do know that you only have one of the other injection. So far, fingers crossed, they have worked for me and my blood tests have all been good/fine. I do, however, keep myself very much away from crowded places until about day 12 of treatment because don't want to put myself at risk. I believe the risks days are from day 4 to 14 with the treatment I'm on. The injections I do myself and have done so since the DN helped and watch me do it on day 2. It saves a lot of bother having to wait for them to come in a do them but can understand if anyone would prefer them to inject, which they would have done if I'd prefered. Angelherts - Nice to hear from you and I'm glad that they are finally getting your benefits sorted out and at least its a start. LGFB coming up next week and you will get to me some of our other ladies and enjoy the session. Got to go as there's someone at the door, another visitor I think, sometimes it's like a bus - they all come at once. Will try and come back on later. Love to all and huge hugs. Beryl XX
Guest user
Not applicable

Bring it on Jane lol ...up for a coffee anytime..Sorry about your arm....i really am...fingers x for that walk of yours tomorrow..i'm hoping to get me T out tomorrow...not that i am hungry...we had to drop into Asda..for my dogs dinner .all the stares...so i just stared back...mind you i did look like i was going to do the 'tealeaves' ....getting closer everday to having a a crystal ball on the sea front....
Then i went into Boots for the hand cream ..i'm sure its the wrong one..the staff where no help..then the assistant dropped the bag into my hand ..like i have Leprosy LOL......
love
Dulcie xxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Lovely Marchies
,Enjoyed the lovely weather here in Attleborough, managed to potter a bit in the garden after cleaning the house in readiness for 1st TAX on Monday, if bloods are good enough, as won't have the energy to do anything next week. Aiming to go for a walk in Thornham park tomorrow , as will have taken steriods so should be bouncing with energy!!!!
ANGELHERTS the way you describe your rock under your armpit, sounds like the crding I have under mine, I keep doing the exercises, but still seems to remain tight.
PATCHIT sorry to hear your bloods are still dropping, hope that they get you sorted soon so you can get home.
CEEJ hope that your temp has behaved, I am surprised that they did not want you to go to the hospital so that they could keep a better eye on you.
CAROLYN I had my head shaved before FEC 2 as was painful, and I have a covering of stubble which seems to be staying put and getting thicker, I have just finished 3 FEC.
DULCIE hope that you get to go out tomorrow, your OH's mum is made of tough stuff. I need to get round to sorting out my wardrobes to, though need the energy first.May pop to the Wirral after chemo, July time ,and before rads, so may look to catch up for a coffee with you.
BERYL it was lovely to talk and listen to someone who totally understands what BC involves, hope tha you had a good time in Kings Lynn today.
WOLTSY hope that you manage to get a tan on your head. enjoy your evening.
Hope everyone has a good evening.
Love Jane.
XX
Guest user
Not applicable

Twinky wonderful that you are in a band...i used to stand for hours watching live bands and going to festivals...even remember having shocking pink hair and a grey army coat! lol
PLEASE some advice as you know i ended up in hospital same as quite a few ladies...now this Neulasta....is it more of a benefit to me to have the Filgrastim...daily instead...what is the difference...plus what is WBCC or what ever it is..please..i am obviously in danger of going down again...but i wonder if my doses should be ....NOT so strong with me having other health problems...and i think they forget how old i am sometimes....Advice PLEASE!
Dulcie xxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Weird this site don't know about anyone else but no verification box or word box either.

Meant to say Joan posted emotions as on phone in isolation in hospital so can't get on site properly.

Can I also ask how everyone else's hair is doing. I look like a plucked chicken the sides but have a distinct mohican down middle, I swear my hair us growing, and I'm in FEC.

Better go OH hassling for iPad.

Love again Carolyn xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello ladies

Another frustrated member here, tried so many times yesterday.

Been busy all day clearing living room ready for decorators, when I say my OH has never decorated and lived here for 17 years ( I've only been here for 2) it'll give you an idea of the stuff that needed clearing. Cant waitto have a bright clean room. Tomorrows joy is taking up the carpet, which is circa 1970!

Been a lovely day here let's hope it continues.

I'm so excited about LGFB Tuesday and looking forward to meeting you Angel.

Spoke to Joan today she's still in hospital, and WBC getting lower down to 0.13. She sends love to all, and I told her all your hugs were going her way. Let's hope they sort it out as she's with me and due no 5 on 23rd, hopefully a different medication to Tax for her.

Hoping everyone else feeling ok, and you had no 3 as expected Rae.

Wishing minimal se to all.

Love Carolyn xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Dulcie

Picture is me playing at a Carnival last year when I had hair, energy & no idea what lay ahead for this year! Happy times. I am taking a break from the band ( they have a temporary bass player to play the gigs we already had booked) but am stepping back in this July after chemo finishes but before Rads start to play the same Carnival gig. Quite a challenge for me given the lack of energy but am determined to do it! Will let everyone know nearer the time in case you want to come see my band play!

Twinky x
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Kitcat, sorry to hear about your Docetaxol experience. Can I ask what you mean about Double Doses ?
I was told I was on the high dose for FEC-T - of "100" but now my Tax is being reduced as they can't give me those WBC injections that you are now taking - so have a much higher risk of getting infection. Reducing the Tax dose should help.
However, when I mentioned this to my chemo nurse she checked my file and said that my original planned dose for TAX was actually 150 !!
I get the impression that the dose amount - 75 / 100 etc isn't the actual mls that you have administered - and that the mls amount is based on your weight. So 100 is more like 100% of the dose, based on your weight. However I could be totally wrong.
Be interested to know what you think a double dose is - as rather hoping my lower dose is going to result in milder SE's 😉
Angie xx
Kitcat

Hello Everyone,
Finally managed to get back into the site after days of frustration which are ongoing as I'm not able to reply to any later postings, only the ones on the first page. Can't understand how a major charity can allow a site upgrade to take place without first testing it to make sure it works.
Anyway.... I've been trying to read posts even though I haven't been able to post myself so sorry to anyone having side effects and it's good to hear how we're all getting on.
I've completed my three double doses of epirubicin and cyclophosphamide and have had the first of three double doses of docetaxel. I wasn't told, until the drip was actually going in, that I also had to inject myself with Filgrastim for seven days as I was at high risk of a life threatening infection, so that was a bit of a shock.
I'm now on day 10 and it's the first day I've felt anything like OK after the chemo. The side effects have been much worse than I expected and yesterday was the only day that I haven't either had to go to hospital or have the hospital call me to see how I am.
The joint and muscle pains were terrible so I've had very strong painkillers and anti-inflammatories to take and I've also had a strange peeling rash at the top of my arms. Then there was the usual exhaustion and breathlessness. On a positive note, I didn't find any problem injecting the Filgrastim myself, so if anyone has to do this I can assure them it definitely doesn't hurt at all. The district nurse said that most people can't do it but the needle is very fine and as I said, doesn't hurt at all. I presume I will be getting this to prevent infection for the next two cycles as well, probably as I've already had an infection at the PICC line site.
Hope everyone has a nice weekend with as few side effects as possible.
KC

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning All,
Have been reading all the posts but find the site a real hassle now so not posting as much. I am so far behind with my personals that I don't really know where to start but just want to say that I have read ALL the personals you lovely ladies left for me, with your advice on sorting out the Benefits and coping with some of my SE's.
It's all really really appreciated and I felt quite lost for those few days that the site was down completely.
PATCHIT (Joan) - I am so sorry to hear about your cat - I just hope you can take comfort from the fact that you gave him a fantastic life and had lots of cuddles together in the last few weeks. Also DEVASTATED that you are in hospital with Neuts !!! You were put on the lower dose because you can't take the WBC injections, like me, so I thought we'd be OK and not be at a high risk for Neuts on this lower dose. Needless to say I am truly stressing about my first Tax on Weds. I hope you are OK and get home soon and that you aren't suffering any nasty symptons from your Neuts and are able to put your feet up and read a nice book xx
CEEJ - You are in similar boat to me and Joan, in that you can't take the WBC injections and are starting TAX. I am sorry to hear you are ill and neuropenic. I was also told that it's not us catching an infection that is the problem (although obviously we are to avoid infectious people), but that our own bodies contain bacteria that is normally kept in control by our own immune system but that bacteria can get out of control whilst on chemo and effectively turn against us. In fact I watched a Sci Fi movie recently about aliens invading and in the end they all started dying - and it was because they had digested all the bacteria this planet has (by eating the humans) and because they didn't have immunity to it the bacteria killed them all The good news is that it's only 1 in 5 people that seem to get affected by this though, and they just need Anti Biotics - so hopefully we will be the other 4 !
I also completely relate to your concerns about it being a year before we get another check/mammo scans etc. I've already raised my concerns about this to my Onc / team but am told that they will only do a physical check prior to that. However I had a physical check when I finally got referred from my doctors and the Breast Surgeon couldn't feel ANYTHING !! But the scans showed a Grade 3 cancer of 22mm and surgery showed 8 of the lymph nodes also infected. So how can we wait a year till scans / mammo and feel reassured that it's all gone and nothing is hiding there.
I plan to find a way of paying for a private CT scan as well at some point in the future (probably at yr 2) for piece of mind that the chemo did it's job and nothing was left hiding and growing elsewhere - although I feel reassured that Tamoxifen should stop anything growing during those 5 years.
EBHIPPO / WOLSTY / CAREN / LINDY50 - Well done on your first TAX and thank you so much for sharing your experiences. I have mine on Weds and took my first Anti Imflam tablet last night and this morning already. I am hoping I can build up some pain relief in advance - but will probably just end up giving myself an upset stomach or constipation.
WOLSTY - It's great to hear that day 13 is a good day and you've got through the worst. Let us know how the sore fingers go and if you see any signs of problems with your nails ? CAREN - sorry to hear about the upset stomach, I am expecting to get that as everything normally effects my tummy. Hope you had a nice weekend away, although you are braver than me by mixing with the great unwashed as I tend to hibernate until I've reached at least Day 14, but then I don't have WBC injections so get really paranoid about germs.
CAREN / CAROLYN - See you Tues for LGFB - Can't wait to finally meet you, perhaps I should wear a flower so you spot me ? Actually I will of taken my first 2 doses of steriods (ready for TAX the next morning), so I might be on a steriod high - so please forgive me if I have verbal diarrohea !
MOLLIE43 - Sorry to hear about your PICC line problems - it's sounds a really horrific time. You are a brave lady. I know mine took 2 attempts to put it in and that was stressful enough but I had no idea they could move and become dangerous Hope it all settles down for you.
WINTERSOCKS - I hope you are OK and good luck for the MRI. Hope benefits lady helped you complete forms etc. I had someone do mine but not convinced they added any value to the process. He just kept repeating the questions on the forms and not giving any advice on what I should be saying ;-( However I have now finished / posted claims and had some news from 2 benefits.
PEANUT/GABBYLAMB - I take my steroids on Tuesday but it was only reading your posts that reminded me that I have the damn things and have to take them !! I would of turned up on Weds and not have taken them. Have now stuck a PostIt on the kitchen cupboard to remind me as at LGFB the day I have to start taking them.
PARNSIP - Hope your bone pains are easing and no other SEs have appeared.
BERYL - Can't believe it's your final session on Tuesday ! Wooohooo. I will be thinking of you whilst I am playing with Makeup with Caren and Carolyn Hope your rash clears up !
KITTYQUEEN - Hope you are doing OK after NO 3. Most of us found FEC3 much harder than the first 2 but back to normal before No 4 (unfortunately ;-( as no excuse to delay the dreaded Tax).
MARIE67 - Planning Rads already - how exciting !. Can't think that far ahead at the moment but it's not really that far away in terms of weeks. yippee.
Sorry if I am being really thick but what is BBBM ?
Hello to anyone I've not mentioned - like TWINKY, MEGSMUM, HISTORYGIRL and many others.
MY UPDATE - Had issues with PICC after it was cleaned this week and had to go back and get them to redo it so they applied some cream that should protect skin. However today it's really red and have several little blisters so looks like my skin is reacting / allergic to the dressing or cleaning stuff they use. Oh great Joy ! It's only been in 2 weeks.
I also found I couldn't use my arm properly this week - and struggled to undo my bra. Thought it was the dressing being too tight but now I can feel like a rock hard vein in my forearm, just below elbow. I think this must be "cording". I see ONC on Monday anyway so will show him. But my poor arm clearly hates chemo !
Only other SE that lasts every day is my gums / teeth. Went back to dentist and my wisdom tooth has to come out but it's partially under the gum and would need cutting - so can't do till after Chemo ;-( They sent NHS referral off as expect a minimum of 3 months wait. It's putting huge pressure on other teeth as no room for it to come through properly and is causing constant tooth ache / headaches. She thinks the Chemo has caused the problem though as I've never noticed it before.
Apart from arm and teeth - all OK. Emotions up and down though and pretty sick of it all. Terrified about Wednesday and first TAX as really expecting that I will be the unlucky sod that is allergic to it and reacts whilst they administer it and equally worried about risk of Neutropenia as we seem to be having more ladies getting affected by it as we go into session 3 and 4.
Had news on benefits and been awarded lowest rate DLA - a whooping £39 a week ! Needless to say I am still doing the lottery - but luckily the back dated payments will actually cover the shortfall for this months mortgage - so yet again I have managed, by the skin of my teeth - to survive another month. Will worry about June payment after NO 5 chemo - sounds a long way away at moment.
Son had a nice school trip and came home filthy and smelly and we've found a friend to take in his Spanish Exchange Student - as I can't have him in the house as just after my 5th Chemo and low immunity days.
Have a great weekend everyone, I am now going to do anything I can to forget about next week.
Angie xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

[color=black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9.5pt; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA]This is the message I tried to post early this morning and it just wouldn't go through, so hopefully it will go through now and I will catch up with everyone later because I have a friend coming to visit me very shortly.
[color=black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9.5pt; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA]Morning Marchie Ladies, Here I am again and a sunny
but chilly morning here on the east coast. I'm all showered and dressed for our
trip to town (King's Lynn) this morning. After speaking to the Doctor about
radiation treatment she advised to wear something soft/cotton mix against skin,
so I'm going into M&S to order some more camisole hidden support tops. When
I got measured up for new bra's prior to lumpectomy the lady in M&S
recommended these for both sleeping in and to wear around the house.and even go
out in. I must admit that after surgery they were great for sleeping in and I
do wear them at home and have even been out in them instead of wearing a bra.
If anyone is interested in these the item no is 8725-240 and they do come in
white, cream and I think black. Hope they haven't discontinued it when I go in.
Looks like so many of us are going mad with this new site and I hope that it
all gets resolved soon and we can catch up again with so many ladies that we
are missing. Joan
(Patchit)
- I do hope that you are starting to feel a bit
better today and you will soon be home and catching up with us again. Thinking
of you and another big hug coming your way! Thank you for kind words about my
messaging but I do tend to ramble on a bit as Jane will probably agree from
yesterday. I suppose it is my way of dealing with things and I have to pull
myself up sometimes and let somebody else get a few words in. Mary (Peanut) - How
are you today? Hope your energy is starting to come back and the nausea has
gone away. If the weather stays good you should be able to get out for your
walk this weekend and get some fresh air. Hubby is calling and we are all ready
to go to town. Thinking of everyone and so sorry no more time to mention anyone
else. You all take care now and I'll catch up again with you later. Beryl XX
Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks for that Peanut xx i am quite worried about it! My ONC seems to 'overtalk' me..... now that is a difficult thing to do...but she still manages to do it!LOL
Mmm ..tumour markers i would like to know more as i was told once chemo starts..i cant have markers..i had never even heard of them...it a bit of metal i think that is put close to the tumour..done like a biopsy...painless? then they can find where the tumour was...after it shrinks....i think thats it!
Take care xx i'm so sorry i do forget names.....
Hi to Parsnip too xx
Dulcie xxxx
Bettie

Peanut
I love Covent Garden, its one of my favourite places, its so vibrant and good shops as well.
After a really good few days feel rubbish today with a sore throat and cold. The trip on the Severn Valley Railway I was looking forward to has been postponed as I just don't have the energy. I've just had a shower, thought I'd get dressed but am going back to bed. My poor hubby....

Hope everyone else is ok and enjoying the bit of sun we have. Back to bed for me
Bettie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Joan xx i see you cant post..just smilies..hope you r feeling much better today xxx
Wolsty have a good night out tonight....escape from the house ..heaven! Hi Kitty nothing like a bargain is there? I am down sizing my wardrobe..only cos its starting to collapse and the man is coming to fix it!
Morning Twinky whose is the piccy of? soz maybe i should know?
Morning Caroline....Bettie x thats one thing i haven't fancied at all..is chocolate..and usually i just love it too! Got no apetite at all! Get that cough better..you dont need it!
I am hoping to go in the car after to sit and watch the 'wildlife' down by the river....i was going out for T but OH has to go to see his mother...so will hopefully eat out tomorrow...i must get a couple of jobs done before the NEXT chemo..and change me bed ready! lol We are at the ONC 3 days running starting Monday...
Beryl ..Sox and i need to ask more about this jab...is the one you mentioned ..a slower acting one...not as strong as the Neulasta..as i read about the SE's of Neulasta....scary if it goes wrong...and my name aint 'lucky'..thanks Beryl.x have a lovely day....
Dulcie xxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Morning everyone Lovely and sunny in Blackpool today so will be going out with OH later when he closes to the park. Nausea lasting a little bit longer then last time manageable but know its there!!
CareN- hope you enjoy Centre Parcs xx
Dulcie- I have one Nuelasta injection 24 hours from chemo, gives me achy bones for a couple of days but generally ok. xx
Joan- hope you are feeling better and not too stir crazy xx
Newc43- I am a coffee drinker mostly but cant drink it till about day 12, drinking tea instead. Great to hear you have kept your hair, are you using the Paxman cold cap, it seems to have the best results.
Rae-Did you manage FEC3 yesterday?
WS-hope your son enjoyed his lunch?
Marie67 and Beryl- Great to hear you managed to meet up and enjoy your lunch. I did get out Beryl for a walk which made me feel much better. Marie I too finish chemo in July, hopefully have rads in Aug then back to work Sept also, fingers crossed xx
KQ-What a shame you missed wedding but you have to look after yourself, I have been really listening to my body since all this started and now I sleep/rest when I want and refuse invites if I feel I wont be fit for being in company. Most people understand though.
Megsmum- Great to hear you are feeling better with your prosthesis, what are tumour markers? Not heard that term, is it to do with rads?
Twinky68-Site has been difficult but think they are getting there, today was first day I managed to log in first time it has previously taken me about 4 attempts.
Bettie-Hope you get to go on the Severn Valley Railway today, I too have been eating loads since they extended my steroids but not going to worry too much will deal with it when all finished! xx
Wolsty-Have a fab day shopping and lunch in Convent Garden next week, something to look forwarde too. I only wear my wig outside as I cant get used to it, keep tugging at it but am going to brave it today with a hat or scarf! Well off to have a shower and get dressed, hope everyone ok that I havent mentioned, thinking of you all. Big ((Hugs)) Mary xxx
Wolsty

Morning all. Have been trying to post for the past couple of days but wouldn't let me but I think everything is working better now - although why they have put all the archive subjects first on the list I have no idea! Am sure that will change!! I am now day 13 following first Tax and more or less feeling OK. Still tired and not sleeping well but hideous flu-like symptons have gone. Have just noticed that ends of my fingers are a bit red so constantly smothering them, and the soles of my feet with heavy moisturiser. Really don't want my skin to start falling off!! Don't seem to be able to scroll back to see old posts but hope that those of you who are suffering at the moment start to feel better and if you are coming into your good week (like me) you can enjoy yourselves as much as possible. I am going out tonight to some friends for dinner - am unduly excited to be leaving the house for an evening!! One of my sisters is coming to stay in the week and we are meeting my other sister for lunch in Covent Garden on Wednesday so that will be fun too. Also going to try and go shopping. Realise the most of my clothes are blue, grey or black. OH thinks I need to inject a bit of colour to brighten up my sometimes grey face. Not sure how colour will go with the bright red steroid face when that reappears though!!! Also going to try and sit in the sun today and get a bit of colour to my white head. I think that if it was the same colour as my face I might be more inclined to go out commando a bit more - when it is warmer I do find that my head gets very hot in a hat/scarf/wig - combined with the hot flushes that seem to hit me every so often its not pleasant. Anyway, enjoy the sunshine everyone - more rain forecast next week. Jane xx

Kittyqueen

Morning All,

Love the smilies Joan...............hope you are feeling better xxxxx
I too lost security box but still posted after putting numbers in 6 times yesterday and it wouldn't post grrrr lololol
Ceej.....Hope you are feeling a little better, you're new piccy looks fab xxxx
Bettie...Hope you have a lovely trip out, my step daughter got a fabby leather jacket from the charity shop last week it was only £3.50 and looks amazing.
Dulcie...Agree trying to post at min is very annoying...hope you are feeling better too xxx
I have the 4/5 day after sleeping sickness at the min. 4 hours yesterday pm then back in bed by 8.30 and up 6.45 but it is a beautiful morning if a little frosty but should be nice later. Might venture into the garden if have the energy. OH gone into work then doing the shopping ...cringe.......
Hope you all have a nice day
Love KQ

Patchit

Patchit

Guest user
Not applicable

Why oh why are the archived topics top of the list of forums? They should be at the bottom......are the main developers of the male persuasion.....nuff said. I'd be ranting in benchland if I could find it!

Twinky grrrrr