1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

Bettie

Re: Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

Wintersocks, just FEC, had my 4th one today and feel really really sick!! I can understand your feelings about your hair. My hair has started to grow back on top but not at the sides, omg worried I'm going to look like a mohican!! Also thought I'd keep my eyebrows but half on one has come out, like I've been drunk when I was plucking them or something!!

Anyway just 2 to go then once I've got over the usual horrible horrible sickness I am going to be a lush and have a big drink of pinot grigio, my favourite

Can't write anymore sorry, feel too ill, but best wishes to everyone
Nite nite and don't let the bed bugs bite
Big hugs to everyone
Bettie xx

wintersocks

Hello ladies,
What is it with this font has it gone extra small? or do I need an optician urgently?
Hello to:
Danigirl, Wow, it all seems to be moving for you now! sounds like back to loads of appointment to test this, check that It does all sound rather complicated as to the choiceswe might have post mx. I will have to look at it all in some depth before I see the onco-plastic surgeon, although I have no idea when that will be.
Dulcie: Oh you are never away from the hospital are you? I do hope your treatment plan is a lot clearer for you now as it appears to change so much. I liked the bit about not being able to see out of the outside edges of the wig, thus avoideng the nosey relatives!
Gabbylamb - Please don't worry about any 'negative' posts getting the rest of us down, for myself I feel very able to share others 'negative' feelings (I call them 'real' feelings) and you know it is virtuallly impossible to be 'positive' all the time. I usually manage it for about 5 mins a day! I do think our dx also magnifies out other problems we might be having such as difficulties with partners, children, friends, and others. Not to mention other health issues, and also just the sort of person we are and what we have had to face in life before. This is all in the mix. So, say how you really feel - it will help.
Carabel and Gabbylamb. - Tax for you today and me tomorrow. Oh dear I am rerally dreading it!
Bettie: Are you having TAX too?
Beryl: Has your breathlessness improved? I am suffering with that now, the nurse phoned today to ask if I was ok to go ahead with tomorrow and I told her about it and she said it was def a se from TAX
Hello to Rae, Wolsty,Amylou, Chascat and any others I have missed.
For myself, as said i am off for Tax no 2 tomorrow. this MAY be my last one and that depends on how the next MRI reads I think that is next week and I will see the onc the following week . If the response is not as good as the onc would like I may go to surgery, or if it is not good as she would like I may have to do more TAX (poss 4 in total). But this is an unknown to me at the present time. I think that's the rollercoaster bit. I do feel everyone is more ahead of me on here and i do find that a bit depressing.
I also have asked the nurses what I should do in the event of continiung temp rises (happens everytime) and she said she would email onc and ask. I am NOT going back into hospital!!!
So, the steroids are down my neck (second lot in a bit) so i guess I will be ironing, cooking, hoovering all at the same time...at 3 in the morning!
Take care. xx
WS
p.s - I am becomimg utterly obsessed that my hair isn't going to come back. Is/has anyone else like this?

Guest user
Not applicable

Marie (Jane) That's good at least Norwich Hospital are not keeping you waiting so long before your rads to start. Looking forward to visiting family and friends at the weekend and going away for 4 days next week even though it's not far. The change of scenery will be nice and I do like Stamford. Hopefully we will be able to find a free wifi link to I can check the forum on my ipod. Not too bothered about the weather as long as we can get out and about a bit. Great chance for us to check out the caravan before the lengthy stay near Addenbrooke's. Take care now and don't forget to get some rest!
Carolyn - Well done last one over with and you can start to see yourself moving forward to the next step. Hope it wont be long before you get some idea about your rad mapping etc and following appointments.
Lovely day here on the east coast and a nice breeze to freshen things up. Sadly it looks like we are all going to get some horrible weather again tomorrow and poss weekend. When is the summer going to start?
Back to wathcing the tennis and sorting a few things out for the weekend. Where are all our lovely ladies that we haven't heared from in a while? We would welcome a few lines to let us know how you are doing!
Everyone take care and best wishes. Beryl XX
EBHippo

Hi all, weather not too bad at the moment so washed everything in the house I could find, just hope it all dries - rain forecast for early evening.
2 weeks after tax 2 and actually got 80% of taste buds back [usually come back evening before chemo] so making the most of it. Think next time they had better weigh me to see how much I have put on.
Energy levels still pretty low but managing to potter in the garden. Finger tips still very sensitive and flaking skin on finger tips no matter how much hand cream I use. Noticed this morning that the last few eyebrows must have made an exit in the night - actually it looks better than the odd few on one side that were clinging on, defiant till the end.
Not looking forward to next week, keep looking at the veins on the back of my hand and willing at least a couple to stay strong for just a few more days. Was given the choice if I had a bad no 5 I could forego no 6 but on reflection was a lot easier and to know that even with the horrible mouth and side effects it is the last time I have got to put myself through it. Would hate to be in the same place next year just for the sake of skipping one treatment so going to grit my teeth and get on with it.
Sending a big hug to all suffering se's with no 6, lets hope they arent too bad and you can soon put it all behind you.
Love to all, liz xxx
ps. I keep telling everybody 5 down and 1 to go, whether they are interested or not but find the common reply is 'hasnt that gone quickly' - tell me do you nod and smile or feel like telling them its possibly been the worst few months of your life.

Guest user
Not applicable

Afternoon ladies
Back from treats and all done, it's a great feeling, they even managed to cantu late first time. It's a lovely feeling knowing no more and that the next step for rads is closer. Hope those of you still going through this can see the light at the end.
Sorry you're feeling down Gabby, it's a hard ride but we are all here for a shoulder to lean on.
Oh Dulcie poor you it seems to be one hard hurdle after another.
Hope you're feeling well Wolsty, only a week to surgery, I've had mine pre chemo and it'll be a walk in the park compared to chemo, you'll be feeling fine by the time the children finish school for summer.
Its good to hear so many finally getting rads appointments through. Strange though like beryl said ages ago I hope we keep on here until we are all ready to move to a new thread.
Hoping everyone feels ok after treats, and sending love to those having treats thus week.
Its a lovely day here today, I've had enough if the rotten weather. Off to Devon in 2 weeks, so excited so praying for good weather.
Love to all, big hugs
Carolyn xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Ladies
Not sure what's happening weith this site but the font size is so samll
Well have lovely sunshine here at present, so have washing on the line and have dead headed some flowers so a productive morning, though pooped now!!!!!!!!!!!
DANI glad you are getting sorted re op date, that's going to be quite a long op, but guess it is quite intricate, so getting eating them doughnuts.
CARABEL hope all goes well with TAX 2 today, I have certainly found Tax 2 easier than Tax 1, so hope it will be the same for you.
PARSNIP glad you are feeling a bit more human, and can plan for your surgery now.
GABBYLAMB nice to hear from you, sorry you are feeling low, but you can rant on here all you like as we will totally understand how you feel. Sorry your friend has made no contact with you. Hope that Tax 2 goes ok for you today. Have you had your arm re scanned yet?
BETTIE hope all goes well with treat n.4 today, did you manage to get your tooth sorted?
KQ not sure that they forecast much of a summer , so your OH may need to invest in some good waterproofs to enjoy his new toy!!!
BERYL hope that you have a good weekend away, are you enjoying a long weekend there? I have my rads dates I get mapped on July 6th than start on 18th July for 15 sessions, so that's 3 weeks after I finish chemo and the day I am due to start Tamoxifen.
DULCIE glad that they didn't keep you in hospital this time, and that you now have a date for your pre op, hopefully you will actually get to see your surgeon this time. The LGFB sesions are fab. Hope all goes ok with OH's Mum's funeral today, I think that you are right to stay away, as would probably prove quite stressful for you. Hope that your littel dog has recovered from his heat stroke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Poppy hope that you got your chemo yesterday and will be able to visit your son again soon
ANGELHERTS and MEGSMUM hope you are doing ok after TAX 2 as we all had it on the same day.
CEEJ hope that the headaches have resolved, when do you start your weekly treats?
Hope everyone else doing ok.
JANE
Guest user
Not applicable

I forgot to mention the ladies going and jus been for chemo xx good luck!
Also ..no not going to funeral today!
Nurse said last night i have just enough vein left for surgery!
Dulcie xxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Morning ladies xx Yes i am back Beryls with 2 burst veins in my hand to boot! As long as my white and red blood cells are ok ..thats all they where bothered about! I have felt awful for a couple of days...freezing cold with all the heating on...in fact last night i heard a funny noise and kept going to check the oven....only to find later on..it was the dog PANTING with the heat! LOL at least the oven wasnt on the way out thank goodness...I have shocking breast pain the little so and so must know its coming off soon...So i am taking painkillers which i try to avoid at all costs..as i may REALLY need them at some point!
I go to LGFB on the 26th AM then..afternoon i go for pre op assesment ..then see surgeon..so i reckon i will be in in a matter of days.. Yes its the funeral today Beryls and i have just offered to go to the church part of it with him..as my wig is so good ..i cannot see out of the sides of it..so i wouldnt havebeen able to see some of the 'awful' relatives and i would have been an 'object' of curiosity! and i didnt want that!!!
Yes it is lovely to see all these baby birds growing up...and i have one in particular called 'white tail' and he's a fighter ..only one of the others put him on his back the other day!! I just love watching them all..and the bird bath was a good buy..for them and me too!
A lot of our friends are missing i hope they are ok..they are part of our family..pleaseee check in..we worry about you!
Dulcie xxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all you lovely March Ladies
Having lost all my messages yesterday, which had taken me about an hour of scrolling back and forth I'm unsure of were to start today.
Gabby - Truly sorry to hear that you are feeling so down and by now you will have had your 2nd Tax, do hope that everything went OK and you are not feeling too bad today. I know it feels so hard at times and you wonder if you will ever get to the end of treatment but we are all here to help in anyway we can. Of course it's not the same as having someone close that you can speak to personally and share your feelings face to face. There are times when I want to be left by myself and when I don't want to think or have anything to do with BC related things, we can all understand that. The last thing we want you to do is to get really down and not be able to come on here to talk to us. Your picture shows you with your lovely daughter, having a laugh and looking beautiful so please hang on to that and we will get through this together. I know it's a virtual togetherness at this point, but it will be possible for those that can, to arrange a meet up later in the year, when we will be able to say we did it! Hope this doesn't sound too melodramatic but you know what I mean. Thinking of you and take care.
Bettie - Hope treatment today goes OK and it's good that you will be on the home run. Thinking of you.
Carrabel - You had 2nd Tax yesterday as well so hope that you are also feeling OK today and able to do the things you want. I'm waiting for my rads to start on 2nd July which seems along way off but it will no doubt fly by. Thinking of you.
Danigirl - Lovely picture of you and hubby hope everything goes OK with tests and surgery decisions and great news about results.
Parsnip – I had a WLE with no lymp involvement and altogether I have 21 appointments at Addenbrooke’s ,of which 2 are clinical follow ups on same day as treatments. I’m pleased to hear that your PIC line came out without too much discomfort and you will soon be able to get back into the pool again. I still have tingling in feel and hands but they are slowly getting better. Thankfully if doesn’t appear to have effected my nails.
GeorgieB – I still have a mark on my hand which appeared after 2nd Tax and I think it was due to a leak or it was put in to fast. Anyway, they gave me cortisone cream to take away the itching and soreness and it worked but still have a Y shaped mark on my hand. Had the other two chemo’s put in through a different vein and no mark or discomfort there at all. Looks like you have some lovely holidays to look forward to which will be nice. We wont be going abrouad for a holiday until next year or possibly the year after. The thought of trying to sort our insurance puts me off after having to cancel our Aus trip this year. The airline and insurance company paid up OK but it was such a hassle. You take care.
Kitcat – Onc nearly didn’t give me my final (4th) Tax because had a reaction when 3rd was being administered, but because it finally went through after antihistamine was administered he decided to run with it. Was told by the nurse that if I had another reaction then it would be stopped immediately and treatment would end. They had given me another dose of antihistamine and it all went through OK. I must say that it’s taken me longer to get over the final one, so it does have an accumulative effect on the body. They have to weigh up the benefits of continuing and the poss long term effects it may have of having anymore. People I know who have had rads told me that they are a doddle compared to chemo, so let’s hope so. Onwards and upwards to the next stage of our treatment and getting to the end.
Marie (Jane) – Hope you are doing OK today. Have they given you a start date for your rads yet?
Mary (Peanut) – Weather here a bit overcast but should brighten up later, hope it’s not too bad for you in Blackpool. Trying to get things sorted out around the house today because we are going away in our caravan for a few days next week. Not too far away, just towards Stamford at a place called Top Lodge, which is right besides some lovely woods/walks. Walking can get a bit hilly but will have to pace myself but it will be nice to get out and about and Stamford is a lovely place to visit. There’s a nice hotel/restaurant down the road which is quite popular so we will have to go there for a meal. We are off to my brothers tomorrow for the weekend so may not be able to get on and check messages until I get back. Hope everything is OK your end and OH is not getting to worked up about woman leaving him in the lurch. Perhaps she will realise she made a mistake and wants her job back, especially when she realises jobs that work round school hours are few and far between! You take care and thinking of you.
Dulcie – Hope you are OK after visit to hospital and that you are now back home safely. Let us know how you are asap. If I remember rightly it is your OH mother’s funeral today and I do so hope everything goes OK there as well. I know you said that you are not going and by the sounds of it you’ve made the right decision. Always thinking of you and take care.
Nothing from so many of our lovely ladies for a while and I do so hope that you are all OK and look forward to an update when you are able to.
Have to go now and get ready as still in my pj’s. On a lighter note – we have some baby blackbirds (2) in the garden which have fledged from their next in one of our bushes. The parents are being so vigilant and keep coming to feed them. Was concerned that they might not get though the night with predators and the cold weather, but there they were this morning hopping around and going in and out of the shrubs. There’s nothing like nature and all it’s got to offer.
By for now. Beryl XX
Kittyqueen

Morning Marchies,
I can see the sunshine again today but forecast is torrential rain again tonight. OH has managed to get out twice on the mountain bike bless him ! Off to hosp for another MUGA scan today before Tuesday so we are going to carry on onto Manchester and treat ourselves to a nice meal afterwards.
Gabbylamb..... So sorry you're feeling down....but please come on and tell us that's what we're all here for to help support you xxx
Dulcie.... Hope you're ok and the infection is not too serious, let us know when you can xxxx
Danigirl... Really pleased with your good news xxxx
Bettie... Hope No4 goes ok for you today xxx
Carabel... Hope you are ok today too....of all the things I'm dreading it is losing my taste buds xxx
Wolsty... Wow your surgery date has come round quickly, hope all goes well hun xxx
Peanut... Love the idea of the relaxing massages..I couldn't do the foot one though, I can't stand anyone touching my feet cos the OH used to pull my toes and I thought they'd come off...makes me cringe lololol
I can't scroll back any furtther so hugs to anyone I've missed, thinking of you all.
On a good note, the OH's daughter told me a lady she knows had her first tax and herceptin last week and was absoloutely fine and was out the same night bless her....................think I will be staying in!!!!!!
Love
KQ

Bettie

Gabbylamb, so sorry you are feeling so down in the dumps. This is totally natural, what we are all going through is C...!
We are all here on this forum to support you so please don't feel you are on your own. Only people going thorugh this can totally understand. Hope you have a better day today.
Off to chemo 4 this morning and feel really tearful at the thought of feeling rubbish again. Still at least I'll be on the home run. Cant get for that 4 week break before rads.
Best wishes to everyone
Bettie xx

Carabel

Gabbylamb I wondered where you had gone. We had first tax on same day so I am also due numer 2 today and am dreading it. Although some of the posts suggest that 2nd one might not be as bad. Fingers crossed. I am sorry you are feeling so down and have not got great support. You must be very disappointed with your friend who you would think out of everyone would understand what you are going through and know how much her lack of response would affect you.
I am trying to psych myself up for today. I really only started to feel a bit like myself at the weekend and only got my taste back yesterday. Can't quite believe I will be back to square one again after today. I have also lost a lot of eyelashes and most of my brows. My nails are very tender but no ridges. I am trying hard to psych myself up but I suppose at least we know what to expect. The first one did take me by surprise as I was not too bad at all on FEC. You take care and I do hope things are easier for you this time. I will be virtually holding your hand. Looks like we will be starting rads at the same time too!

Carabel xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Im sorry i havent posted for a while, ive been very down int he dumps and wanted to keep away from anything BC related. 2nd TAX tomorrow (TODAY NOW!) cant sleep, dreading it. Lost most of my eye lashes and brows, my nails are ridged and hurt and emotionally im a wreck! Was told I would be having 15 rads 4-6 weeks after last chemo on 5th July, just so want to get all this over and forget it ever happened.
I do think about you all, and so hope you are all coping. I just feel so alone with all this, a friend who had supported me when I was first diagnosed as she had just finished chemo herself seems to have fallen off the edge of the planet and although I have tried to contact her I have had no reply.
I feel ugly, fat, unfeminine, and needy which is making me so grumpy with everyone. Im sick of trying to be seen as 'doing so well' and 'being so positive' when its all an act for others.
This is why I havent posted because its negative and Its not fair on you all.
Lots of hugs to everyone and lets hope for some sunshine soon
Danigirl501

Jane, one thing I've learnt on this journey that plans always have a habit if changing. I'm crossing everything for you that yours all goes to plan but any tine delay would be good for your body to get back to normal.
I have to have a CT angiogram before final decision is made as surgeon needs to know that blood vessels are ok since I have had 2 cesareans.

Sorry about the toe nail, hope it's not painful!!

Dani XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi just off to hospital again...breast infection!!!
Parsnip

Carabel, we cross posted, good luck tomorrow, hope it's easier than tax 1 for you
Xx

Parsnip

Evening all,
Am starting to feel more human today, although it could have something to do with the boy being at pre-school today so I've had a lovely lazy day for the most part. Energy levels still pretty low and all the nerve issues still there but otherwise feel like I'm coming out of chemo hell which feels great.
Wolsty and WS, I'm hoping to eventually have a TUG flap recon, the one from the thigh. For me it gives the best option for issues around the donor site, I'm quite an active person and don't like the loss of muscle of the ld or tram or the risk of hernia and the scarring of the diep. The tug for me gives the least obvious scarring, although you can see it in swimwear. Feels a bit odd to have an expander when I'm not having an implant but I'm told that it will save some skin so I won't have so much scarring particularly in the cleavage area (you'd think he was trying to get me to show my cleavage off afterwards the way he said it!). Hoping it's the right decision, although I can change the recon decision after by having the expander. Hope it goes well for you next week Wolsty, you'll have to let us all know how it goes. Good luck for tax 2 WS, nearly there, keep going, hopefully it will be easier than tax 1.
Mary, what a hassle with the staff member, what a cheeky mare she is! Hope you're starting to feel better and get a few days in to build your strength up before the next dose.
Kitcat, that's it then for you, another sudden stop, I think it's more common than we're initially led to believe. I think our bodies can only take so much particularly when they increase the intensity of it. Glad you're feeling better about finishing early, I think they do know what they're talking about.
dani, fantastic news about the tumour, must make the hard slog of chemo feel worthwhile if not any easier!
Pargayan, hope the legs are starting to ease and you feel better, I can probably count the eyebrow hairs left on my fingers, though with some deft shading with the lgfb eyebrow pencil I keep getting gpeople tell me how lucky I am I haven't lost them! They were quite sparse to begin with though so hasn't made a huge difference. Definitely can't wait for the nose hairs to make a reappearance, I've had an almost permanently dripping nose from the start, yeurgh!
Jane, glad you're coming out the other side now, the tastebuds going is just plain cruel I think on top of everything else.
Beryl, hope you're still climbing upwards and getting more energy.frustrating losing long posts, for whatever reason (I blame chemo brain for anything I do that's silly nowadays!)

Hope all with SEs have a comfortable night and good luck to those being treated tomorrow
Night all
Xx

Carabel

Quick post before bed. Actually feeling quite well today - well better than I have in the last three weeks. Can't believe I will be back to square one after 2nd tax tomorrow.
Met with the radiologist today to discuss radiotherapy. This will be started 5 - 6 weeks after last chemo with mapping undertaken 2 weeks before start date. This is later than I had originally been told (I was told 4 weeks after last chemo) but it's still good to be looking foward to the next step.
Well off to bed will try to post personals tomorrow.
Night night all.
Carabel xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Wolsty - Hope everything goes OK for you and s/e's are going to be kind as this is your last one. Fingers crossed that all will be fine for surgery. Take care.
Night, night all. Beryl XX
Wolsty

Dani - seems like you are sorted for your surgery!! I had a meeting with Onc this afternoon. He is happy for my surgery to go ahead provided my blood tests are OK. I am going to hospital on Friday afternoon for lots of tests then will have to go back on Wednesday to have my bloods done again. So I won't really know whether I am having surgery for definite until the day!!

Ideally it would be done a week or 2 later but my PS is going on holiday for a month. If it can't happen next Thursday then so be it and I will wait until he is back.

Now to deal with the SEs of my last tax which are just starting to kick in. Am losing one big toenail, hands now quite sore and mouth horrible but all bearable!!

Jane xx

Guest user
Not applicable

I've just been typing a really long post and somehow, my fault I think, I've lost it. Been on here for about an hour and now I'm really miffed. Can't re-type it all now. Just want you all to know that I'm thinking of you and when I can get my head around losing my messages, like tomorrow, I will come back on and post again. Blooming font size is so small and can't get it to go any larger on this site. My concentration is now 0 so will be off in a mo.
Blimey the return feature is working without pressing return/shift!
Dulcie, Raechi, Waiting too, Chascat, KT23, Jayjay and many more - how are you all today?
Night, night all.
Love and best wishes, Beryl
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Ladies
Well tastebuds slowly seem to be returning, day 8 post Tax 2, could vaguely taste a coffee this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CARE N I don't get to see my onc before each chemo, I just get a phonecall the day before,and I get my bloods done at GP surgery, My heart rate was 110 at first Tax so is slowly coming down, I guess if it went mega high there are Dr's on the unit in the day that would check me out, just wonder how long it will take to get out of system totally. Hope all goes well with Tax 3 last one!!!!!!!!!!
SOCKS hope all goes ok with your Tax today and SE'S will be kinder
DANI great news that your tumour has shrunkl, and that you have date for your surgery.
KIT CAT sorry to hear that chemo stopped because you were to poorly.
PARSNIP well a sooner end than expected for your chemo, at least you have chance now to prepare for your surgery.
GEORGIE hope you ok afterTax 2 and SE'S will be kinder this time.
Well off to sort tea
Hugs to all
Jane
PS NOT SURE WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE TEXT SIZE !!!!!!
pargayan

Hi all the Marchies
Still feeling really weary with very heavy legs! Hope all who are having chemo this week get on ok.
Pulse has started rising so suspect RBC is getting low again.

To those who were asking about swimming prothesis, I have just receieved a brochure from Nicola Jane and they have a sale on and have a swimming one at 8.95 which might be worth a look. I have found that I needed to order the next size up from the one they state as I think they come up a bit small. Cossies are still pricey, I wear tankinins and find I can pin the falsie inside the built in support without too much trouble and tend to pick ones that are straight across rather than shaped so they do not show any scars etc.

Well done to those who have finally finished their chemo, even if you had to stop before the last one, at least you did it. My onc told me that 4 was the minimum for FEC so hopefully you will all have had enough and live a long and happy life with no more bl***y BC.

Congratulations to the new grandma, sorry I canot scroll back to find your name.
Dannigirl - congrats on the shrinking tumour.
Wolsty - good luck for the op next week, hope all goes ok.
With regards to insurance, some insurers will still cover you despite having BC so it might be wise to see what they say before asking them to exclude you. Some of them will automatically exclude anything related to BC and this will include cancellations so you need to make sure you get the best deal possible. Some of them do not want anything to do with you as they do not want to run the risk of having to pay out. If you break a leg and are on treatment that has an impact on bone density, some insurers would try and get out of paying by claiming it was the treeatment for BC that made you more likly to have a break, so do be careful when dealing with them.
If you have any health problems resulting in medication or treatment you have to tell them or they will try and wriggle out in the event of a claim. I was speaking to a lady at my last chemo who has blood cancer and she is going on holiday and her premium is £400 for her and her husband but they will cover the cancer so it is possible to get a deal even though it may cost more than normal.

Muga scan Friday, Onc Monday and LGFB on Tuesday so a busy few days coming up once again. Looking forwad to learning how to draw in eyebrows as mine are definitely disappearing, so have the nasal hairs but I do not need to draw them in ... lol, keep sneezing though!
Love to all xx

Danigirl501

The absolutely good news is that the 4.5cm tumour has shrunk to almost nothing which is good news for the surgeons too.

Yesterday James and I have went to see my oncolo plastic surgeon. Mr. who confirmed that my final reconstruction will actually be performed on the same day as the mastectomy. The reconstruction will be the DIEP flap procedure. This[color=#231f20] is my preferred surgery as I do not wish to have silicone implant as this would mean changing the implant every 5 years and the DIEP is the most natural as it uses my own body tissue. My surgeon calls it the "Rolls Royce of all reconstructive procedures ". He also stated that he would not be happy in keeping the skin surrounding the breast as the original tumour was too close to the skin, aerola and nipple. Therefore he would perform a skin graft to replace the area of skin that may be affected. The procedure takes up to 10 hours in total with a stay in hospital of up to 5 days to recuperate depending on how I behave! His words not mine. On examining my tummy he explained he would be able to achieve a C cup ( I am currently a D cup). However, he said I could do with putting on a little weight around the tummy area if I wanted to achieve same breast size. Alternatively liposuction can be used to fill out the breast.... Well there has to be a silver lining right? The breast care nurse attending the consultation, who also happens to be a friend of mine told James to start feeding me doughnuts!

[color=#231f20]The surgery will be performed approximately 4-6 weeks after my final chemotherapy session (22nd June) bringing the date of surgery to around 22nd August. Mr. said this is a journey and that I would be seeing him on a number of occasions to tweak and get the best outcome aesthetically. He also confirmed that my right breast will be given a lift to make it as symmetrical to the left one as possible, but that will be at a later date. After surgery I will undergo radiotherapy sessions however I will find out how many sessions from my clinical Oncologist on Friday 15th. I believe a minimum of 15 radiation sessions are given to women who have undergone mastectomy.
[color=#231f20]Since yesterday I have received a message to say I will need to be booked in for a CT angiogram to look at my blood vessels prior to surgery because I have had 2 C-sections and they need to check vessels are ok... I am praying they are as I am not keen on the thought of an implant.
[color=#231f20]Mary - [color=#231f20]sounds like the woman who works for your OH didn't really need the job?
[color=#231f20]Wolsty - How amazing to be having your surgery so soon after your last chemo! I've been told I have to wait 4-6 weeks! All the best and lots of good wishes to you.
[color=#231f20]Caren - I like that picture too as it was taken whilst on holiday in the Canaries - pre diagnosis...
[color=#231f20]Telephone ringing...will try and get back on later.
[color=#231f20]To all having chemo tomorrow am wishing you lots of luck and that it goes smoothly.
[color=#231f20]To all hope you are feeling well and enjoying a rain free day.
[color=#231f20]Love
[color=#231f20]Dani XX

Kitcat

Forgot to mention about holidays....
My Macmillan nurse told me I should declare that I've "had" cancer when I've finished chemo and radiotherapy, and then ask the insurance firm to exclude it so I don't have to pay for it. She said it would be very unlikely that I would suffer a problem associated with it straight after the treatment ends and in any case I would be entitled to basic health care through the Euro health card. Consultant said the same thing.
KC

Kitcat

Was expecting my final docetaxel tomorrow but unfortunately chemo has been stopped because it's made me too ill. I was shocked because I was prepared to feel rough but the consultant said it was too risky as I was still suffering side effects more than two weeks after the fifth one.
I've had three doses of EC and was having three of docetaxel. I asked if having five doses instead of six would affect the outcome and he said he didn't know.
Anyway, there's nothing I can do about it, initially I was a little upset but I'm still so unwell after the fifth dose that I don't think I would have been able to have it tomorrow even if it had still been on.
Overall, I've found it a challenge but bearable. However, it is cumulative and because I was getting double doses that's probably intensified the effect. The consultant said a lot of patients can only manage three or four single doses so I'm heartened that I've had five intensive ones.
On to radiotherapy in a few weeks, hope that will be less arduous!
Good luck to everyone still having chemo, I think everyone has been very brave and so supportive. I haven't posted a great deal due to problems with this website but I've often read the messages and they've cheered me up.
KC

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning everyone, very dull here in Blackpool, rain earlier on and apart from my really sore feet am feeling better.
Danigirl- Hope all goes well with Onc appt.
Chascat- Well done on getting Olympic tickets, swimming is probably the only one I would be interested in so enjoy.
Patchit- Hope you manage to meet up with Beryl and some of the other ladies, I was wondering about Rae also hope she is ok?
Marie67- I did manage my walk but struggled with sore feet, had to rest on a couple of benches on way round but managed to watch a gymnastic display on the Prom which was good.
CareN- Heres hoping you have sunshine when gardner comes next!!! I had a back and neck massage in the oncology unit and next week am having a foot massage as she says she has some good essential oils for sore feet. The therapies come courtesy of McMillian service. Its very gentle massages using essential oils to help relaxation. It was lovely was nearly asleep!!
Parsnip- Must be lovely to have got rid of your PICC line, hope its more comfortable for you. Good luck with surgery on the 2nd July.
Bettie- I too am dreading my next Tax on the 20th June as I was so poorly for about 8 days following last one. Didnt eat for nearly 10 days, bought some of those build up drinks and they helped. Also been having nosebleeds, not bad ones but small regular ones lasting about 5 mins each time. good luck for next one, we are nearly ther xx
GeorgieB- I have been told even when treatments finish you have to declare your BC for insurance purposes otherwise it unfortunately invalidates your insurance for everything, but if you are going within Europe your EHIC will cover you apart from repatritation. hope you mange to get away. Personally I cant see what the BC would cause problems for if all treatments finish, sometimes I think its the insurance companies trying to make a few extra quid but I suppose better safe then sorry.
Wolsty- Good luck for your surgery on the 21st, will be thinking of you.
Carabel/WS- I am with you on the feeling better bit for next Tax, hope you both get through it ok.
Well OH has just come up to say one of the young women who works for us has walked out because he had a go at her for being late in to work. He specifically arranged her hours around childcare 9am-3pm so she could drop her son off at school which is accross the road from us!! and is then able to pick him up, and she only works Mon - Fri. Her son is off this week on half term and is with grandparents in Scotland and she has been late every morning this week, its not on so now he is going to be stressed all day!! I think this calls for me to get out of the way!! Fortunately we have other staff to call on to cover. Hope everyone has a good day today. Best wishes Mary xxxx
wintersocks

Parsnip - I think I might be going down the same reconstructuon route as you.
Just a short one now as I am off to get bloods done for TAX 2 on Friday. Carabel I feel exactly the same as you!

WS x

Parsnip

Hi Jane, that is a quick turnaround! I'm glad to get mine in before the holidays as well. They wouldn't consider an immediate reconstruction for me unfortunately so I'm having an mx and an expander put in to give me a lump and save a bit of skin. My PS for the recon (different team for just mx and expander it seems) doesn't like doing recons before rads and wanted me to have my genetic testing done beforehand as well in case I want the other one done as well, and that appointment isn't until end of July and then tthere's the wait for results. I really wanted it all done at once but have now resigned myself to two stages. Slightly concerned about the expander after hearing some horror stories about it hurting continuously though! Its funny how some surgeons are fine with it before rads and some aren't, my rads oncologist didn't care if I had it done before either. Good luck with your appointment today, hope the onc can answer all those questions!
Xx

Carabel

Morning everyone
Just a quick post as I am off to get bloods checked before 2nd tax tomorrow. Mixed feelings as am only just feeling reasonably ok after last one and would welcome a bit longer of feeling fine but at the same time want it over with!
Hope all goes well for those with treats today.
Carabel xx

Wolsty

Hi all
Parsnip - I am having mx and ld flap recpiñon Thursday 21st hopefully (only had last tax on Monday so keeping fingers crossed that I am fit enough). Really want to get in done before my daughters break up from school. What are you having done?

georgie - all being well I hope to go away after chemo and surgery but before rads. Just feel I need a break and some sunshine. Will need to get some insurance first!

Good luck to those having treatment today. I am off to see onc with a long list of questions about surgery, rads and the future!!

jane xx

GeorgieB

Oh my word this site - haven't been able to post without re signing in. Had 2nd tax today and they ummed about chemo burn on my hand and how did it happen!! I asked if it could have happened when they took my blood pressure as that really hurt the cannula site. They said no - I jolly well hope it doesn't happen again asnot only did it reall hurt but has left a horrible mark! I wander if side effects will be less this time with 25% dose reduction. To thosetalking about holidays. I remember posting a question as to whether people go abroad between radio and chemo and quite a few wrote that they had a week away. So I plan to go away for a few days between bothtreatments with my mother and after rads and before I go back to work with my OH. I also don't know why wewould needspecial insurance as we will finished treatment. Love Georgie xxxx

Parsnip

Seems they've added in formatting on my iPad but broken something with it as my posts keep failing again (partway through or when using the new formatting buttons!). This waswonky a quick one anyway, I got my surgery date this evening, 2nnd July, so not long to recover. Bit quicker than I expected to be honest so frantically running round sorting childcare arrangements now.
Night all and hope SEs are minimal for all
Xxxx

Bettie

Poppy, good luck with your 5th FEC tm. I know what its like to feel you have hit a wall. I've got my fourth FEC on Thurs and am dreading it after a bad FEC 3. I feel sick already at the thought of the dreaded Epirubicin, the dreaded red one.
Anyway hope your SE's are minimal
Bettie x

Parsnip

Good afternoon, looks like it may finally have stopped raining for a while here though more is planned this week. Just had my PICC line taken out by my favourite district nurse, her first one after doing the training and observation runs. No hassle or pain at all, very impressed, much easier than it going in! Just got to keep a dressing on for 24h then I can go back to proper showers without an arm covering, and swimming if I fancy it (although not sure about doing the bald head in the pool thing, maybe I need to get a swimming cap). Does feel like the end of chemo now that's gone, it did me well throughout though and has saved my veins in my one stabbable arm.

Twinky and Poppy hope you enjoy your LGFB sessions, they really make a difference mentally, feels so good to have a non-medical and pleasant appointment to go to! And hope your hubby gets those days off Twinky, not nice to be suffering alone. Poppy, hope your son and dil are doing ok, such a long, stressful time not helped when the medics don't work together.

Bettie, what a nice consultant and well done on going commando, I still haven't in public although have progressed to doing so at home when people are around which is a big step for me

Megsmum, sorry to here the tax truck has hit so hard. I had such bad pain problems and eventually got prescribed oramorph, an oral morphine solution, I so wish I'd had it at the beginning when they just gave me codeine, so make a big fuss if the painkillers you have aren't working. The oramorph was the only thing that hit the right spot in the end, it was bliss to finally be virtually pain free.

Beryl, when they were initially talking to me about rads they said it would be 15 plus 4 booster sessions where they concentrate on where the lump was taken out, but this is only for people who have had WLE, null and void for me now so I'm back to just 15. Not sure if that is relevant to you or not, I guess they just know what they are doing! Thanks for letting me know your experience on the third juice, it is starting to play less on my mind now and I am pretty certain it was the right decision to make in the end. It was my onc's confidence in it that helped and you're right, they must know best and it was all for the right reasons. Glad you're feeling like you're starting to feel better and hope things get back to "normal" soon for you, it's a long slow journey isn't it.

Joan, hope they sort out rads at addenbrookes for you, what a trek otherwise. You've done well with changed treatment plans, I'd be a mess if they kept changing them on me I think, I'm terrible for requiring plans! Lack of surgery date is my next stressful niggle, hoping it comes through soon, they're not very good here at organising things, everything seems to need chasing up all the time

Oh Dulcie, what a mess your trust seems to be in, I thought things were bad here for organisation but nothing compared to yours. I'm sure the onc appt will be fairly routine, mine wants to see me before radiotherapy and he's not the onc dealing with that side of things I have another one to do that! Hope you get thinngs sorted soon.

Well done on the last one Wolsty, hope the SEs are minimal and you recover in time for surgery

KQ good luck with first tax and herc, I like the idea of eating all your favourites now before the tastebuds get hit, keep going with it 🙂

Mary, hope your feet are starting to feel better and you got out for that walk

Chascat, what a great bit of luck, hope you enjoy the event 🙂

Caren, keeping my fingers the weather improves for the gardeners next visit, well there have to be some fringe benefits for you 😉 My fingers have been tingly from the start but then progressed up the fingers and were numb at the tips with pain down them as well. The first two tax this went away before the next dose but the third one the symptoms got worse and there is (still) no sign of it disappearing. I think that lack of improvement and the impact it has had on me doing fine motor skills (I struggle to open packets and jars for example) and the necessity of needing to use fingers in my work, for computer work and making small things in my research prompted them to suggest that further damage was probably too much of a risk as it has started to look like I may be left with this. My feet were nowhere near as bad, I just have pins and needles permanently in them.

Blimey this is a bit of an epic post, sorry. Hope everyone I haven't mentioned is doing well, particularly those we haven't heard from in a while.
Xx

Care_N

Hello Ladies,The gardener did come, and worked all day in the rain - which is such a shame as he really is nice eye candy Joan and Mary, but he had all his waterproofs on. He's still got to come back to finish off a couple of things, so I'm hoping for some really hot weather then ...
Onc appointment took ages - almost 2 hour wait, then had to have an ECG, which showed I've now got a very high heart rate (which has only come on since 2nd TAX, and is contributing to my lack of energy) Joan (Marie) have you got this too as your pulse rate was 100? Anyway, Onc agreed it was ok to have TAX on Wednesday, so last one tomorrow! Hooray!!! My appointment is not until 3.00 tomorrow, so I'm going out for lunch beforehand, to celebrate!
Carolyn, you were lucky with the car park - it cost me £4.50, and I still haven't found my card. I hate having chemo brain - I wonder how long it takes to get back to "normal".
I received my Rads planning appointment today, for Friday 6th July, so just over 3 weeks after last chemo, and dates for starting would be given then. I phoned the secretary to see if she could give me any idea when I would be likely to start. and she said I'm down to start the following week! I really wanted a break away before I start, so asked if I could delay the first one, and she said it wouldn't be a problem, just let them know at the planning appointment. So I think I'll book something quickly! Wish I had a caravan to stay in, I'm not looking forward to travelling to Northwood every day, 65 miles round trip, which includes M25. I hope they haven't booked me in before 10. I was told I would be having 18 sessions - goodness knows how they decide how many we are to have.

Beryl, hope you had a lovely lunch with your friend today. Joan and Beryl, I'd love to meet up with you all for lunch if I can fit it in round rads appointments. I am going to ask if I can start w/c 16th. I hope Rae is ok, it seems ages since we've heard from her.
Dulcie, you are having such a hard time, I hope things improve for you soon.Don't feel pressure to do personal messages, you've entertained us all with your posts, hopefully you'll have some good news to report soon.
Peanut, hope you enjoyed your complementary therapy, what did you have?
Twinky, hope you enjoyed your LGFB session today - how amazing is your bag of goodies?! You'll look fab for your wedding! I'm impressed you're changing buttons - I sometimes intend doing that, but never actually get round to it.
Jane and Parsnip, congratulations, you're done!! Parsnip, are your hands and feet really painful? My feet are very numb, but fingers just tingle a bit. My Onc wasn't worried at all though, just told me it was a side effect. Yes I know! Marie, let me know what your Onc says.
Megsmum hope you're feeling better now.
Poppy, it sounds like your son has a good gp, hope he gets things sorted out soon, and things start to improve. Good luck for chemo tomorrow, and anyone else joining us for treats tomorrow, and Carolyn, for last one on Thursday!
Angie, hope you're ok now.
KC your daughter is so sweet!

Dani and Lydia your photos are lovely. Congratulations on wining the tickets Lydia! Really pleased for you.
Now I'm going to go and do the shopping I intended doing this morning, but was too tired after hoovering.
Love and hugs to all, includig all the ladies who haven't posted for a while. Next time I post it will be from the top of that mountain with Jane and Parsnip!!
Caren xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Ladies
Well still have horrid mouth, seems more intense this time, and now have the arrival of tender fingers and feet!!!!
DULCIE that is shocking treatment you are receiving at that hospital, I hope that if you get in touch with the breast care nurse she is much more helpful, you don't need this added stress. Hope you managed to find out what your onc wanted. BIG HUG.
KQ one thing for sure with TAX is you wil lose your tastbuds pretty instantly, and it doesn't like to return them quickly either, so yes eat all your fav foods now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MEGSMUM June!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do wonder about some people.
WOLTSY well that's it all your chemo's done, jusy make sure you rest before your surgery if you can.
PEANUT lucky you having some sunshine, I hope your sore feet allow you to go for a walk.
CHASCAT well done you on winning those tickets, gives you something else to look forward to.
BERYL I to have my rads appointments early, most are at 9.15 which will be ok for parking, but I can see it getting very tiring on a daily basis. Hope you had anice lunch with your friend.
Love Jane
Patchit

Beryl, I think Burwell is about 30-40 minutes for me, so it would be lovely to meet up while you are down this way. Maybe a few of us could do a lunch one day if Poppy is local too. Caren, Carolyn and Raechi are also fairly local, although I worry about what has happened to Rae as she has been very quiet for the last couple of weeks.

Chascat, well done you, that’s really great! I got Handball and had to pay for them!

Joan xxx

chascat

Just found out I've won tickets to an Olympic swimming event - thrilled to bits

Guest user
Not applicable

PoppyD - We are staying at a caravan (CL) site which is in Burwell and about 10 miles from Addenbrooke's, but it does have an easy run into Hospital from there. The gentleman who owns the site is fully aware as to why we are staying and has been very flexible about our iffy booking dates. It's an adult only site and in a quiet location, which will be nice when I need to rest etc. We plan on coming home at the weekends to catch up on gardening and washing etc. Hopefully it will all work out OK and nothing will get delayed. Don't know how far we will be away from each other but if we can meet up then that would be great. Take care.
Danigirl501

Morning all

Just a quick post to say I have appointment with onco plastic surgeon today and will let you know how that goes.

Jane - the photo was taken this January on a day trip to Lanzarote whilst we were away in Canary Islands pre DX.

Good luck to all having treatments, well done to all on last chemo and anyone who is suffering hope you are getting lots of TLC.

Lots of love
Dani
XX

poppyD

Hi
Beryl I have been told that I will have 25 sessions of Rads. I think someone told me that wether you have 15 or 25 you have the same amount of just smaller fractions. I havent heard about 19 fractions did you say you are having boosts as well. I must ask my oncologist on Wed when I go for 5th FEC. I have been so lucky he takes care of everything and I see him everytime, I think everyone shoild have the same continuity in the pursuit of what us nurses call seamless care. I love caravanning sad that we have only got to ours once this year. I hope you get some good weather when you are in the caravan. Depending on where your caravan site is I thinkyou are only about anhour from where we live . Could always meet for pub lunch sometime.
Dulcie hope you are ok stress so not good for you, take each day at a time

Good luck everyone having treatment. Dont know how i am going to find the courage to have 5th Fec tommoz think I have hit a wall and am dreading it
Have a good day everyone

Love pops

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning everyone, feeling a lot better today, taste not fully returned and hands and feet sore with rash but managable thank goodness. Sun shining in Blackpool but its quite cool, may warm up a bit later.
Patchit- I was told no dental treatment till finished chemo, my gums have been a bit sore and I was worried about crown being a bit loose at the front but am being very careful eating!! Hope it lasts till I am finished. Hope your OH gets out to work, this weather is awful for him. Its funny isnt it, the good weather not great for us a people dont eat as much so you cant win can you!!
CareN- Hope your gardner turned up and if he did was he worth it??
Twinky68- Great when you get a dress that looks good, bad enough that we feel are femininity is gone when we lose our hair but good if the dress makes you feel good. Sorry to hear you will have to be on your own next week hopefully you will manage. The LGFB session is really good especially helpful with the fact we have no eyebrows!! My eyebrows have gone but lashes still here for now although got to have further 2 TAX so not sure they will last.
Marie67- sorry to hear your gran poorly but you do right letting your brother deal with it.
Chascat/Ceej- Thank you for links for travel insurance. I am going to wait until I finish before I do mine so hopefully wont be a problem!!
Carolyn1709- Lucky you last one, good luckx
Parsnip- Last one cancelled but you have had 7 so hopefully that has done the trick for you.
Bettie- What a lovely oncologist you have to notice how well you have dealt with it all, some of them are human after all. Every time I see my oncologist he says and I quote " Have we met before"!!! Emm!! possibly about 6 times!! Whatever!!
Megsmum- Where on earth is your manager coming from, rota for June!! I dont think so!! Dont let them push you back hon, get on to Och Health, good luckx
Dulcie- Sorry to hear you are having a crap time being shunted about and then not seeing your surgeon, soul destroying. I would do what the other ladies say on here and get on to your BCN to see what she has to say or if she could do anything for you.
Wolsty- Last one Hurrah!! I cant wait for mine to finish, 2 more!!
Beryl- Hope you ok and getting out and about, enjoy your lunch with your friend.
To everyone else hope you all have a good day today, thinking of you all. I am going to get in the shower now and try and go for a walk if my feet will let me, quite sore to walk on at the moment!!
Mary xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Dulcie - What a carry on for you, I had to read your message through twice to take it all in. The nurse who said that awful thing to you should think about another career field. How unfeeling of her and quite callous and how would she feel in your shoes? I know people have to take their holidays but goodness me it certainly isn't helping the situation. I do hope that when you get to speak to the Onc that it is nothing to worry yourself about because you certainly don't need anymore of that. Sounds like a good idea to stay away from the funeral if there is going to be more friction there and you certainly don't need to be in the firing line. Let us know how things progress and will be thinking of you. Take care.

Wolsty - Glad you final chemo is over and the s/e's are kind to you this time round. Surgery is just around the corner and I'm sure they will be checking you out thoroughly before putting you through surgery. Hope you got a good night sleep.

Patchit - My rad appointments are all, apart from two, either 8.15 or 8.30. The other two are 1.00 with follow up clinical appointments straight after at 1.30, so in total 21 appointments. I asked for early appointments which means they put into the 8-10 slots. They don't know that I'm staying down there, so considering where we live it would have meant leaving the house about 5.45 each morning for the earlier slots. I have asked them to contact our mob' nos if they need to, just in case they have any problems with equipment or need to alter anything, so it will be interesting to see if they do.

PoppyD - Not good news about sons discharge report that is so frustrating for all concerned. I can understand your GP being furious and you all must be as well. I do hope things can get resolved soon and he can get the support and care he needs. Big hugs to you all and take care.

Mary (Peanut) - How are you today? I do hope that things have greatly improved and you can get out and about.

Marie (Jane) - Hope that blooming Tax truck is leaving you alone and you are able to do the things you want.

So many other ladies I need to mention at this visit but my stomach is telling me it's time for breakfast, so needs must I'm afraid. Will be back on later. Friend is taking me out for lunch so will only have something light now and a cup of tea.

Love to all and take care. Beryl XX
Kittyqueen

Morning :)))
Can actually see the sunshine whoooo!!!!!!!
Dulcie... Big hugs to you. I agree with PoppyD you shouln't have to be worrying about this alon with everthing else. Maybe the Breast Care Nurse can help xxx
Wolsty and Parsnip.... Congrats on the last one.....on top of the chemo mountain climb now xxxxx
Patchit....Joan I can relate to your husband being fed up, our company makes fixings for the construction industry (wall ties etc...) so if no-one is out building cos of the weather our sales go down too. Hope you are feeling ok xx
Bettie... That was a lovely compliment from your Doc...I nearly went to the footie presentation commando cos I thought looked better without wig but I wussed out again lololol....
BerylS....Brill idea about stayong in the caravan when having your rads. I've always been told 19 sessions from the start. xxx
Twinky... Pleased your Onc appointment went well xxx
Hugs to anyone I've missed.
Well, I have the full range of comments this week, from being the 'sad difficulty', to the 'oh you look like Sinead O,Connor' but best one was from our advertising geezer who said ' I'm sure being bald suits you as you look like you've got a nice shaped head under the hat'.......................I feel about laughing bless him :)))))
Feel like I'm on the countdown to Tax 1 and herceptin next Tuesday making sure I eat everything I like in case my taste buds go...I have a real fear of that. Had Indian last night after collecting OH from pub after footie. Was really touched as a friends 4 year old daughter had insisted on buying me a present to make me better and it was a lovely crystal bracelet.
Talking of Crystals...thank you all for the lovely comments on the kitty in my pic. She is Crystal and the one that bit me on the boob 2 months before I found my lump. I have a great respect for her.
Love and Hugs
KQ

poppyD

Hi DUlcie
That is pants. Get in touch with breastcare nurse and discuss all this. I did that when i have been stressed about the system. Perhaos she can arrange for the reg or someone to see you i know you would prefer to see onc but it may help. They can often just reassure you

Big hugs this is all extta stress for you

They have been very disorganisef with sons lack of support. His gp still hasnt had a disvharge lettet even though its 4weeks simce his op and si he doesnt know how to treat him. They have been given so little support their gp is furiious

I suppose you jcould talk to your gp
If you get on well

Lots of love poppy x

Wolsty

Last chemo done. Hooray! Don't feel hugely ecstatic because I know I have SEs to go through and just as I am getting of those will be faced with surgery which is now next week in Thursday 21 June. Have a meeting with my onc on wed to bombard him with questions as just want to confirm that he thinks my bloods will be good enough. All a bit scary.

I def found tax 2 easier than 1. Even managed to play tennis a couple of times last week. Hopefully 3 will be the same although I am going to take it very easy in preparation for surgery.

Glad outfit sorted for wedding Twinky. Lots of nice scarves in white stuff. Are you on Facebook - can show you some pics? Also tried false eyelashes which looked good for special occasion. Needed a couple of practice goes!! Sorry to hear oh MIT not be able to get back next week - keep in touch to let us know how you are.

Parsnip - glad you've had your last one too.

Bettie - PMA definitely goes along way. I went in for my last chemo with my scarf on but whipped it off have way through. Head look like a little fuzz ball.

Sleeping pill kicking in now so night all.

Jane x

Dulcie- you sound to be getting some fairly crap treatment - hope things improvs.

Guest user
Not applicable

I could just sit here and weep buckets after today! We arrive early as usual for appointment...my letter says my NEW surgeon is seeing me...(a friend of mine saw him last Friday) he had come back off paternity leave....after quite a wait ..we usually wait nearly 2 hours...in total..i went and asked why his name wasnt on the board...the reason..he wasnt there..gone on leave again! left a locum there for the 2 weeks..she didnt know if she would be there longer...So there was no point in her examing me...at all ..as i HAVE to see him anyway..whenever that is!! this ir the THIRD surgeon now...so i will be sent for a pre -op assesment to be ready..for what?
I said to the nurse all this catalogue of 'errors' is not helping my prognosis..and she said ' well you might just get hit by a bus tomorrow!! What a thing for a nurse to say...but it wasnt said in a nice way either!!!
Then i come home to a 'garbled' message ..leaves no name..telling me i need to see ONC asap...BUT she is on leave until the 20th!!
I really could weep...
My OH's mothers funeral is on Thursday..i wont be going..'that' daughter will be there..and her twin has threatened to flatten her for things they have said to each other......oh dearie me!
Sorry for my very big moan..i wonder what ONC wants me for? should i be having more chemo i wonder...as i would like to know why it was stopped...
Love to you all xx i will do a personal soon...
Dulcie xxxx
Patchit

Hi Ladies

I don’t think it has stopped raining here for the last 24 hours! My OH is so p****d off, being a builder. Poor thing, I feel sorry for him.

Caren, Carolyn and Twinky I hope your Onc appointments went well today.

Wolsty, hope your treat went well too! Now just the last lot of SE’s to get through…..

Caren did the gardener turn up? Is he nice eye candy for you to watch?! You made me laugh, saying you were looking forward to watching a man at work! I can send my OH over if you are desperate?!

Twinky, I hope you get sorted out for the wedding next weekend, also hope the sun shines! Sorry things are not working out for you with your last treat, hope you can get something sorted.

Marie67, you did the right thing, getting your brother to sort Gran out. Don’t want to risk getting any bugs! I will keep you posted re the swimsuit situation, if I ever get sorted out!

Carolyn, not another long wait! Did you see the Man or the Boy?!

Parsnip, that’s great! You had your last one and didn’t realise it! They have altered my treatment a couple of times and I have wondered if I have had all the benefit I was supposed to get. I decided though that they wouldn’t even suggest changing things if they weren’t happy to do it. Do you have a date for surgery yet?

Bettie, well done with going commando, but weren’t you cold?! Great news with your results too.J

Megsmum, sorry you are feeling poorly still, fingers crossed for you that its short-lived and that you start improving soon.

Angelhearts, hope you have been doing ok today.

Beryl, I am glad you have got your caravan booked in ok. You are right, its not cheap going for treatment when you have to go back and forth so often. I have still got my fingers crossed that I will be able to go to Addenbrookes. If not , it will be a train trip into London every day for me, which will be around £18 a day! It may be a good thing that you have had a delay in starting rads. At least you will be stronger once they get underway. I hope it all goes to plan for you. Are your appointments all at the same time each day or does it vary day to day?

Dulcie, how are things with you now?

Right, off to watch taped corrie, than bed for me. Hope you all sleep well and wish you sweet dreams.

Joan xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

PoppyD - Yes, rads start 2nd July and will be having 19 sessions for some reason. Originally told 15 so don't know why the increase. Something I will have to ask when I go for my first. It will be 4 weeks from mapping when I get 1st treatment, such a long time to wait. Anyway, at least we have the schedule now and have booked our caravan site for the duration. They don't think of the costs involved in travelling and it's our choice to book a caravan site, but there's little difference to costs either way because the cost of fuel driving backwards and forwards would still run out at about £300. It would take 3 hours everyday round trip and I/we are not prepared to do that on top of everything else. I was asked if transport was required but that would mean waiting for all the other patients to get their treatments/appoinments done before leaving and travelling back. Goodness only knows how long a day that would have been. Hopefully the next few weeks will allow me to recover from final Tax which is taking longer to get over. Still get tired and breathing not back to how it used to be yet. You take care now and thinking about you and lovely son.

Twinky - Glad your appointment with Onc went well and not long now before final chemo. Hope you get through that OK and Tax truck leaves you alone. Enjoy your wedding at the weekend and LGFB course.

Megsmum - Sorry to hear Tax truck as now arrived and you are feeling rough. Thinking of you and take care.

Bettie - Nice to hear that you had some good news at the hospital today and that you went commando again. Sounds like the Consultant's got a good bedside manner, pitty they are not all like that. You are quite right we should all give ourselves a pat on the back for getting through all of this s--t!

Dulcie/Raechi - How are you today and any news from your end?

Parsnip - When I went for my final Tax there was a question mark against me having it because of reaction when having third. Nurse told me that if I still got a reaction after they had given me antihistamine then they would stop the treatment. Everything went fine but it was a strange thing to get told that when your sitting in the chair ready to go. I don't know how I would have felt if that had happened, but now that I've had time to think about it and understand their reasoning I know it would have been for the best. Having it would have caused more problems than not due to what it was going to do to my body. Getting over my final (4th) has been harder and I will be glad when I'm feeling less tired and things start getting back to normal, whatever that is. Take care.

Mary and Marie - Hope you are both OK today and s/e's are being kind.

Have to go off again. Try and come back on again later. Best wishes you all. Beryl XX