cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

wintersocks

Re: Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

Hello Ladies,
I have not posted for a while as I was away for the weekend celebrating with my partner his parent's wedding anniversary (53 years) and their birthdays too. It was a lovely weekend, I can only imagine what it must be likme to spend that long with someone.
Last Fri I had Tax (no5). On Monday I have to go and have another MRI to see what the Tax has/hasn't done. It is following seeing the Onc that it will be decided to continue with more Tax or surgery (MX). I still feel like I have such a long way to go.
Hello to:
Dulcie: I am confused where you are up to with your treatment? I was alarmed to read that your tumour has grown and no-body seems aware that it has. The pain you are in needs to be sorted too. - as soon as poss, it cannot be right that you are expected to manage all this.
Peanut: I think you had Tax no 2 today? - Oh dear let's hope those S/E stay away. I was told by the chemo nurses that breathlessness was also a S/E of Tax. I have it too.
Marie67: Tax 2 - I have felt the bone aches have been a little easier too, I too have noticed a greater alteration in taste, everything has a 'hot' or 'spicy feel to it.
Twinky: Tax for you to - I do hope you are so far feeling ok?
Ceej: I am unsure when I will be next in Hull, probably not the 30th - but I will let you know when I am it would be so nice to meet up.
Carabel: I am 5 days post TAX too, I felt like I have period pains which is the same as I had last time...has anyone else had this? It's horrid. I have also felt sick but wonder if this is the pain meds? Also I have jaw and teeth ache , same as last time.
Patchit: Last chemo for you? that's great - It is a good thing they are going to check you with an MRI for the lobular, I too have that . I am going to ask if they will MRI me too on the other boob once this is all over, but I have heard that not every unit will, partly because it is because it's expensive. I think it was missed on my mammo too.
So far my temp is behaving which is such a relief , but I have no intentions of going in if it goes up, and I have told them that! Although I will go to the unit in Halifax.
The chemo now is beginning to feel like a real slog especially as I don't know if this is my last or have to have more. At least I could move on to the next stage in my mind If I knew.
Hello to Wolsty (I hope recovering well from surgery), Amylou - you are doing so well managing your children whilst undergoing this treatment. JayJay (who I know has been quite poorly) Beryl too, our rads leader.... Chascat and Danigirl and Angel hearts. and any others whom I have missed, it's difficult to keep on top of where everyone is at when I've been off the forum for a day or two.
Well, I had better look in the cupboard/freezer for something to eat for myself and 14yr old son. He has had his braces removed after 2 years! so he is delighted that he can smile without any apparatus. The orthodontist has done a great job I must say and all on the NHS.
Take care all.
WS xx
I

GeorgieB

Thank you for all the birthday wishes yesterday. I had a lovely day other then my mother upsetting me! I decided to go commando to the pub where we were meeting my sister and her kids. As we got out the car she says"teddy will have a fit seeing you with no hair" - I was so cross and so was Ted - he found it really insulting that she thought he was that shallow! Anyway in the end I thought as you all have said its her problem not mine! I felt rubbish by the end of the day - flue like symptoms and dreadful stomach cramps. A nurse from the chemo unit rang today and asked how I was, I said much better then last time but still have certain SE and she said they maywell take me off tax and put me back on FEC for the last one.
Have any of you ladies who have already had a mastectomy had problems with bras. the hospital gave a prosthesis to match my other boob - which is b enormous - finding a bra to then fit the s thing has been really difficult. I then had a brain wave and rang the manufacturer of the prosthesis oI is it prosthetic!? and said what bra do you recommend - oh we don't make one forthat size. I got one in the post from Nicola Jane today so will try that out. Wish I had had a double mastectomy. This whole bra and half the bloody thing creeping out and giving me a double boob ob one side is doing my head in!
I am waiting for my radio appt and also have 5 weeks and a good hrs journey to get there. A group of friends said they will set up a rota but as its August I am not sure how many people will be around. I am also wandering about when I can return to work - I am presuming phased return in October. My pay goes to half pay this month or next for 3 months.
Love Georgie xxx

Patchit

Worked out how to download my pictures at last! D'oh, brian totally left me this morning! I am goin gto post one of Cleo, but thought I would put this one on first. Its me and OH in Wells-n-t-Sea last weekend. My friend thinks we should be calle 'The Blues brothers: husband and wife'!
I thought it might raise a smile?!
Joan xxx

Carabel

Beattie my radiologist reckoned most could work through rads. He did say main is effect would be fatigue which would tend to hit towards the end or even after you've finished. He also said the ladies who have not had chemo tend to find it worse than those of us who have been through chemo and all that it entails. I guess it all depends on how far you have to travel and also how quickly your body recovers from the chemo before starting rads. I plan to take each day as it comes.

Bettie

Hi, to those of you starting rads soon, how soon after it finishes are we ok to go back to work? I suppose we're all different but just wanted a general idea
Thanks
Sue

Patchit

Ladies, I have to admit to watching the footie. Really glad we are through to the next round. Sorry! Also looking forward to the Olympics, I have booked 2 weeks holiday so I can sit at home and watch it all!
Bettie, my vision has also suffered so I do think its another se of the treatment. I was told chemo stays in your body for 3-6 months after last dose but I am not sure how long you should leave it before a check up. I have booked in to see the hygienist in September for a clean etc, so that is 3 months after chemo finishes. I also have about half my eyelashes. I gave up mascara when they fell out and use eyeliner now instead, which still emphasises your eyes.
Kitcat, you are sleeping a lot, it must be your body’s way of recovering.
Carabel, glad you have your dates through, I am still waiting for mine.
Gabbylamb, I picked up my first lot of Tamoxifen yesterday, my Onc told me to start taking them 4 weeks after last chemo dose. I haven’t read in depth about the se’s, but he did say hair thinning (bummer, mine was fairly thin before bc due to hormone problems when I was younger (polycystic ovary disease)), weight gain, blood clots, bleeding from the womb. I am to contact the unit if I have any bleeding or if I think I might have a blood clot (don’t know how I would know that!).
Lucy, thanks for the link.
Just going to lie in the garden for a little while and enjoy the sun while we have some!
Joan xxx

Lucy_BCC

Hi Gabbylamb

I am posting a link to the BCC 'Tamoxifen' publication which you may find useful, you are also welcome to cal our helpline team about your query on 0808 800 6000, the lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/tamoxifen-bcc20

Best wishes

Lucy BCC

Guest user
Not applicable

yes my eyesight has deteriorated too, struggle with near sight especially. I have mourned the loss of my eyelashes and brows a lot this last few weeks, and my nails are turning darker and ridged.
I so hope I will meet some of you during radiotherapy sessions, I havent a start date yet but probably start middle of august as I have last TAX on 5th July. Planning date is 27th July. Thank you Joan for your lovely comforting words.
Does anyone have any info on Tamoxifen? I am concerned one of the side effects is hair loss? I wonder if there are any alternatives, I cant go on without hair for the next five years!
Carabel

Postie just arrived with my dates for radiotherapy. Planning scan on 25 July, two weeks after last tax. First session on 9 August last one on 5 September. At last there is an end in sight. (although still seems like a long time away!)
Patchit glad you are enjoying your new addition. We have a lovely old cat but I can't cuddle her as am very allergic! She is such an affectionate wee soul too.

Kitcat

Hi Everyone,
First a note for Bettie, yes, my eyesight has been affected by chemo, particularly my close-up vision, but that has definitely improved since I stopped chemo. Not back to normal yet, but better than it was although I find the evenings worse when my eyes are tired.
My concentration when driving is also a lot better than it was, now I think about it, I probably shouldn't have been driving during treatment.
Even though I am no longer taking docetaxel I'm still getting some joint and muscle pain but not as much as I was. However, for some reason I'm finding that although I no longer have the extreme lethargy associated with treatment, I am suffering unexpected and extreme tiredness as an after effect and I'm sleeping very long hours, as much as 16 a day. I understand this is normal, so worth knowing about.
I think people need to be aware that cancer patients are covered by the Equality Act 2010, not just while we are having treatment, but afterwards too, and that if an employer tries to treat you unfairly as a result of your illness, it is illegal. I won't go into detail, but I successfully challenged my employer over an issue recently.
KC

Patchit

Morning ladies
Had a good night, especially as I am on steroids at the moment. Its nice and sunny here today so hoping to get some washing on the line.
Carabel, sorry you are having se’s at the moment but glad you had a reasonable night. Hope you improve soon and can enjoy some sunshine while we have it!
Pargayan, glad you enjoyed the LGFB session. The goodie bags are fab! I have been trying to download a pic of Cleo, but must have chemo brain as my mind has gone blank and I cant work out how to do it!! Will try again later.
KQ, what a long day for you yesterday! I hope they fed and watered you! Hope the SE’s stay away and you don’t get any reaction to the Herceptin – does that have potential se’s too? I met a lady on the unit yesterday who was on her 5th Herceptin and it goes through in 30 minutes now so things should speed up for you. Cleo is lovely and really settling in well. She was on the bed with me yesterday after my treatment, something I have really missed since Patch left us. It must have been very hard for her previous owners to let her go, they had her for 5 years, before that she was with a couple who had a baby which Cleo was jealous of so they rehomed her through the animal shelter after they had her for 8 years. She has moved around a bit but always been well looked after, in fact, we are putting her on a diet as she is fat! Weighs 5.5 kg! We want a good few years with her and for her to enjoy her later life thoroughly. Sorry ladies, I am waffling!
Peanut1955, I am not surprised you were upset! That is a lot of info to take in at one time. I hope by Monday that you will have got your thoughts in order and be able to ask the questions you want answers to. Sorry also that you are having a transfusion, but I am sure you will feel a lot better after that. Big hug xxx.
Gabby, sorry to hear that you are still feeling low and alone. It must be so hard if you don’t have the support you need. Hopefully by the time you start rads, your mind will be in a better place and you will be more able to cope with the travelling. Have you got 1 more tax to do now? You are gradually getting through the tunnel, even if you don’t feel as if you are. Look back and see how far you have come and give yourself a big pat on the back. Keep going, it will be worth it, in a few months time, this will all be starting to fade away and you will know that you have given yourself the best chance you could to have a long and happy future. Big hug hon, and don’t worry about posting how you are feeling. We are here to support you, as long as it takes, we have all had times of feeling like you do, some just get through it quicker than others. Xxx
Waiting too (Clare) you have been a busy girl! Really pleased for you that the weekly taxol is going well. Sorry to hear of your problems on Monday, sounds like you have more questions than answers! If you have cancer cells lurking in your body, the chemo will have picked them up and zapped them. You may not know what is really going ion till after your op, that horrid waiting time is a nightmare, I hope you can park it somewhere and not dwell on it too much. Xxx
Well, must go and get dressed, OH want to go and buy some toys etc for Cleo so I had better go with him or we will end up inundated!
Have a good day marvellous Marchies, and I hope you can all enjoy some sunshine.
Joan xxx

Carabel

Bettie I have hardly any eyelashes left either. Bizarrely I have one quite long one in the middle of my eyelid which just looks freaky. And yes my eyesight has deteriorated since chemo. Read somewhere though that we should wait until we are finished before getting an eye test. I have not been brave enough to go commando. I even wear a silly little hat to bed although I don't know why. I keep waking up with it lying on its own on the pillow!

Bettie

Clare
Your comment about your fibroid was interesting. I had a scan recently for an unrelated BC problem and they found a 'mass' in my pelvis which they didn't know what it was. I have a benign tumour anyway in that area and it wasn't that. So as you can imagine I was frantic with worry especially as I hasd clear margins when I had my lumpectomy. Anyway I since had an MRI and whatever it was has completely disappeared and I too had the same concerns that you had and wondered if it had been cancerous and had the chemo got rid of it. But then I had to tell myself to not think about it as I will end up ill with worry. We can only worry so much!
Best wishes
Bettie xx

Bettie

Gabbylamb, you're a woman after my own heart re the football! Hubby laughs at my complete lack of interest.
Sorry about all the rads, its such a lot of treatment we all go through but I suppose in the scheme of things.....
Had a bad day yesterday. Half of my eyelashes gone. I have been going commando everywhere for weeks now, have really dealt with that side of things yet I got upset over my eyelashes. Illogical!
Hope all of you having treatment today get on ok with minimum S'Es.
Has anyone noticed their eyesight being affected whilst on chemo?

Bettie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

ah a plane out of here!! perfect! I certainly want to put 2012 in the achives as a leap year! (lets forget it existed)! Maybe we will never be the same as we once were, but maybe, just maybe, we will be different in a good way....... more full of life, more appreciative of little things, and better friends to those who are suffering themselves. Then it will have been worth it.
Carabel

Morning all. Managed to get through the night without too much pain so that's a relief. still feeling very tired and nauseous but def not as bad as tax 1. Have not managed into work this week but hoping I feel up to going in for a few hours a day next week. However not going to stress bout it if not. I m learning to listen to my body.
Gabbylamb so sorry you are feeling so rubbish and that your friends haven't been supportive. I've certainly found out who my real friends and who are not. At least I won't waste my time with those people in the future.
I feel really bad for all you folks who will need to travel miles for radiotherapy. I count myself very lucky indeed that my unit is only 10 minutes away. My Last tax is on 5 July so hoping to start rads early August. If all goes to plan I hope to get away on holiday late sept / early oct. The idea of a plane to a new life is very appealing. Roll on 2013. We will all be so glad to say goodbye to 2012!!
Thinking of you all.
Carabel xx

Kittyqueen

Morning All,
Been up since steroid o'clock.............am shattered now and will be time to go to work soon...............may skive off for an hour or so:)))))
Peanut... Mary P, must have been horrid for you to learn that yesterday, not surprised you were shocked. Big hugs to you. Pleased you went out for your hubby's birthday though xxxx My Oh said to me yesterday while I was having my chemo that its very hard for him to watch someone he loves going through all this and like you have done going out for your OH's birthday, I think helps them to feel normal and special too xxxx
Gabbbylamb.... So sorry your're still feeling low hun xxxxx 5 weeks of rads is a long time and an awful lot of driving, mine will be nearly 4 weeks and same as you with a 3 hour round trip but I guess if we need it we need it to give ourselves the best chances we can. So big hugs to you and I understand it's so hard when you are living alone too xxxx But we are all here for you and you can do it xxxxx
Waiting Too... Hi Claire.... I quite like the idea of getting on a plane to another life too xxxxx Sorry you're having such a hard time at the minute. I'm sure the dissertation will take your mind of it, my stepdaughter's was like a book and it took her ages...and she got a first was so pleased for her. Hugs to you and good luck with it xxx
Still feel ok today................!!!!!! Must be the steroids...hate the bloomin' things..they're like mind drugs that make you stay awake and think all night lololol....surprising what comes to mind lol
Hugs to All
Love KQ

waiting_too

Hi Ladies,
I've been quiet for a while though lurking.

Like Ceej, I'm on weekly taxol. I have completed 4 of 7 cycles every Thursday. Last week I managed to sit my final exam (I'm doing a distance learning MBA - I have my dissertation to start now) and this week I applied for a job so I have been a busy.
Taxol is much lighter on the body but the weekly cycle is wearing me down mentally. I just need to feel a little bit of the chemo drug and it all comes rushing back. I don't know about you but I haven't been able to describe the feelings adequatley to others. On Taxol I don't have nausea or pain but its like an engine idling inside me body. A constant vrrrr vrrr without any escape from it.

I was suppsed to have a biopsy on a suspected fibrod on Monday. According to the MRI, it hadn't responded to the 4 x FEC so they wanted to be sure its a fibroid and therefore leave it alone when they go into remove the main tumor. Well, they couldn't find it on Monday despite a lot of rubbing over my earlier scar tissue and port.It was very unpleasant and now leaves more questions unanswered - could it be that the taxol has dissolved it and if so does that mean it may not have been a fibroid afterall, if it was cancerous are there cells lurking about. Grrr. I left the clinic absolutley shattered and wanted to get on a plane to another life! My surgery is scheduled for 17 July so i'm not having any more prodding until then - that's it.

Ladies, here I am moaning when some of you have the tax truck and other issues to contend with. I send you all the strength and gentle hugs that I can. I'm too out of the loop to do personals but rest assured I feel conected to the March heroines.

Clare

Guest user
Not applicable

Ive been reading all your posts, and am sorry some of you are having pain etc. Was upset to hear about 'Clare' what username did she use? Did she post on here? Its really brought me up with a jolt, what we are all going through.
I have, as I posted, been very low, and dwelling on the 'friends' that I havent heard of since all this started, even though I have tried to get in touch as I need the support to be honest, living alone and doing all this alone is soooo difficult. Last Tax left me feeling lower than low and everything hurts. Spent hours in bed, trying to sleep.
Was sent an appointment for my radiotheraphy mapping for today and I duly spent 1 1/2 hrs getting to the hospital to be told that I shouldnt have been sent the appointment so soon and they couldnt do anything for another 6 weeks! Great eh! Also they told me I would have 5 weeks radiotherapy instead of what I had been previously told 3 weeks 😞 gutted. I honestly wonder if its worth going through radiotherapy and whether it will make that much difference if I dont bother. The thought of a 3 hr round trip for 5 weeks just about kills me!
What a moaner I am. Im usually so smiley, all my friends say so, whats happened to me? I have lost the person I once was.
I wish I could write personals to you all, I really want to, and please believe me when I say I am thinking of you, and it gets me through knowing you are all doing the same. This is just a mess isnt it.
I will try and be more upbeat next post.
God Bless us all... and lets hope that England lose the next game so we can have some TV back (and a BF!)
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone
Have had a busy day today, had to go for pre-chemo bloods this morning for Tax 2 tomorrow, had another back and foot massage on the Mc Millian unit and seen the Onc who told me that my platelets vand irin was low and he wants me to have Blood Transfusion (2Units) but he is not delaying chemo tomorrow, still having it and then transfusion on Mon 25th June which happens to be OHs birthday so have been out tonight for tea, early celebration for him! good things I sorted out pressies on my good days!! I have to say that i have been extremely tired and breathless at times over last week, I informed helpline who said it was se of Tax and when I told Onc he didnt appear pleased and said I should have been referred to him!
In the course of the conversation he discussed rads, as I will remain under his care but have to go to Preston for treatment, he does clinics there also. When he was explaining how rads worked he talked about my tumour being a little different as they had found cancer cells clinging to outside of tumour in my lymph nodes! I was shocked as surgeon told me the tumour was removed with clear margins and all cancer cells were encapsulated in tumour! I was really upset as Onc now tells me there is a higher risk of re-occurance, was so upset I couldnt think of any questions I needed to ask so I had to say that i would go home and digest info and would like to see him again to discuss so he has given me an appt for Mon after transfusion.
Sorry I cant do personals at the moment as my head is a shed at the moment so hope everyone having or had treatments is ok? GeorgieB-I did remember its your birthday isnt it? Hope you had a happy dayxx
Megsmum and sorry cant remember who else Happy Anniversary xx
Amylou- Thinking of you and sending Hugs xx
Mary xxx
Kittyqueen

Evening All,
Pleased to report all went well today and so far no reactions to herceptin or the dreaded tax )::::. Was in the unit from 9.30 till 4pm when I was itching for out lololol . Feel far less muzzy headed and nowhere near as spaced out as I did after the fec. Am waiting with anticipationfor the truck and sore mouth to arrive. Wasn't given any antisickness at all for this lot, knowing aw luck will probably puke now!!
Happy Birthday to Georigie B and Happy Anniversary to Megsmum.
Patchit....Joan, Chloe sounds beautiful. How hard would that have been to give your cat to a rescue centre aft 13 years.... Heartbreaking, least she found a wonderful home with you. Big congrats on your last one too xxx Whoop whoop xxxxxx
Pargayan..... Pleased you had a fabby LGFG.....think wil be drawing my eyelashes on soon too xxxxx
Carabel.... Hope your feel better soon and the ta truck moseson down the road xxxxx
Ceej....Pleased the weekly is working out so much better for you. They put cold mittens and boots on my feet when having the tax to help stop the nails dropping off or whatever they do lololol but nowhere near as bad as the cold cap xxx. I don' teither a clue either how they work trein engines out either. Saw onc for 2 seconds or so today when hetrotted down the ward and waved at us ... I don't mind don't want to see I'm less I have too xxx
Dulcie...hope you are getting some pain relief now xxx
Amy-Lou... Big hugs to you and don't let ANYONE grind you downxxx
Right off to watch the footie and wait for the truck...no doubt will be doing the steroid ceiling stare all night lol
Hugs to all
LoveKQ

pargayan

Hi everyone
Just back from the LGFB and I now know how to draw on my eyebrows and use make up for the missing eyelashes. Very good session especially for someone who does not wear any make up apart from once every 2 months. Also met Pesteringpixie and Namara from the April chemo thread. Got a lovely goodie bag too.

Patchit, I am looking forward to seeing a piccie of Cleo when you manage to load it.
Dulcie - hope you got your pain sorted today.
Unable to scroll backwards and chemo brain means I will muddle up names and progress so Sending good wishes to all xx

Carabel

Hi all. Been reading all the posts but feeling really rubbish. Day 5 post tax and the shooting pains are kicking in. Trying to keep them at bay with co codamol. Mouth is disgusting and feeling very sick. Not managing to dovanything but move from bed to couch. Trying to be positive that I only need to do this once more but it's hard!
Amylou so sorry you are having such a hard time with your oh. You need and deserve all his support and I can't imagine how you are coping. He needs a good kick up the backside.
Ducie I hope you get your pain sorted. You really do deserve a break. Things haven't half dragged on for you
Hope everyone else is doing okay.

Carabel xx

Patchit

Ceej, funny, I was thinking about you this morning, wondering how the weekly taxol was going. So pleased for you that it is going well. I know you have a bit longer to go, but that is probably worth the trade off for the SE's!! I dont know how they decide on the number of treatments to give you, mine has changed a couple of times but I am just trusting that they know what they are doing! Hope you have a good time at the party on Saturday.
Joan xxx

Ceej

Hi Ladies
I've been "lurking" for a few days 🙂 got weekly Taxol again tomorrow, and to be honest it's fine - I had minor nerve pain on Friday night, just a little in my legs over the weekend - but no stomach cramps and sore mouth or anything! easy peasy (here's hoping it stays that way!)
Jane - I bet you're looking forward to going back to work - it's like a sense of normality after all this crap. I'm at work today, and really I could have been here thursday and Friday but I suppose I've been swinging it a bit really - theyve been so good to me, but there really isnt anything to be done here - it's soooo quiet!
Saw my GP last night and got some sleeping tablets - Ive been waiting up with a sweaty head and not able to get back to sleep, plus my darling daughter is sleep training my grandson so we have an hour of screaming every night!! well, the sleeping tablets did nothing ha ha - apart from stopped me getting up early enough to go to the gym this morning doh!
Beryl - that book sounds good - Katie Piper was on the radio about her new book and they are spinning it as a "self help" book - I think I could do with a kick up the backside as I'm feeling sooooo negative these days - I think it's my silly hair now - and the fact I've now got to do 5 more cold caps - instead of one - but I might as well continue now.
Dani and Joan - Glad you're on the last lap - I'm running to catch up with you but something keeps holding onto my jogging bottoms 😞 I can't wait to be on my last one - but I wont be taking chocolates or flowers to either the ONC or the chemo unit! they have just made me feel like an inconvenience - not so much the ONC, but the chemo nurses really do not seem to be very personable and seem so disorganised that it's up to me to remind them of forms and stuff I need.
Jayjay - I'll still be here too!! dont finish til 18th July then still rads to go x
KQ - I hope your tax goes ok - I'm really glad I'm not doing that again, I've just felt so normal on the Taxol I dont know why they put us thru that horrible tax.
I have been slightly worried tho and wonder why on my regime is says 3 and 3 or 4 and 4 which has been scrubbed out - how do they decide whether you have 3 of each or 4 of each? Not that I want anymore, but I'm a bit of a worrier.
Dulcie - I really hope you get that pain sorted! at least I've started worrying about you now rather than worrying about myself ! 🙂
Amylou - You need to look after no. 1 - I'm not gonna say much but I spent 22 years married to an alcoholic (I know your OH is not!) and I wasted so many years of my life feeling worthless and that it was all my fault, I didnt know how unhappy I was until I met my gorgeous boyfriend 🙂 and I know I don't live with him, but you need to think of yourself and be selfish sometimes xx
Wolsty - I know what you mean about looking in the mirror! I still have the extra half stone I gained while on holiday at Xmas and the sides of my hair are patchy bald. I dont have eyelashes tho I do still try and put mascara on every day which usually ends up on my eyelids - oh well. I'm really feeling very unattractive and fat - but I do have a 60th party to go to on Sat and am gonna get Rachel out and stick on some false eyelashes and squeeze myself into my keep everything in suit - cross fingers 🙂
WS - you around? looks like i'm up in Hull on 30th this month? xx hope you're ok x
Right - must do some work - well, pretend 🙂 only two of us here today me and the warehouse man - so I'm not exactly stressed haha
Take care all and I'll report back after my treat x

chascat

Congratulations on finishing chemo Joan, must be a lovely feeling
Happy birthday to Georgie and Happy anniversary to Marie67 & Megsmum

Patchit

Hi Ladies
Well, I am back from my last chemo, everything went well and I felt a little sad to say goodbye to the nurses in the unit, they were all lovely and gave me a big hug. Feel like I am moving on a little now, one stage to the next, small steps, but the goal is getting nearer.
Dulcie, I hope you got your pain relief sorted out. I agree with Marie67, if you have to be persistent then you must do it. I can’t understand why you have had so many problems and it seems not so much care from your unit! Big hug xxx. Did your son decide about the visit?
KQ, good luck to you today also, hope it all goes well. Cleo is multi-coloured! Black, brown, peach, cream, all the fashionable shades really! She is gorgeous! I will post a picture once I find my lead for the phone! Her previous owners servants are moving into a flat and can’t take her with them. She has been really well looked after though, they must have been very upset to have to rehome her.
Marie67, I also had put off asking about prognosis but guess the time was just right for me, I am sure you will find the same thing happen for you. Very best of luck with the swimming stuff, I really hope you get sorted out. I am still thinking that I will go down to the Nicola Jane shop in London, but I will leave it for a couple of weeks now to get over treatment today.
Georgie, Happy Birthday!
Marie67 & Megsmum, Happy Anniversary! Oooh! That sounds like the 2 of you are married, to each other!
Hope everyone else is ok.
Joan xxx

megsmum

Thanks ladies same to you jane, it certainly doesn,t feel like we,ve been married 30yrs it,s flown over. We were going out for a meal tonight until the football fixtures were announced so were having an Indian takeaway instead, we will celebrate more when chemo and se,s are done with.
I hope everyone who is having treatment this week is ok, i can,t beleive we,re coming towards the final few weeks of chemo.
Dulcie you should not be suffering are you taking the pain killers regularly and not just waiting until the pain comes ? If you are and they are still not working you need to push gp no one should be suffering.
Keep strong x

Danigirl501

Happy Anniversary too to you and Megsmum!

Dani XX

Danigirl501

Happy Birthday Georgie!!! Have a great day!

Enjoy your lunch date(s) Jane.

Off to get a pedicure..

Dani XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Ladies
DULCIE you really should not be in pain. Am I right in thinking that you are not seeing the surgeon until next week? I would suggest you speak to you breast care nurse or contact your surgeons secretary to see if they can get you an urgent appointmant. I would also contact your Dr surgery again and tell them that you have been advised to take Oramorph and that the lump has got bigger. Don't let them fob you off, it's you in pain not them so keep being persistant.
PATCHIT how lovely another cat for you, lovely name Cleo. That's a good % of prognosis he gave you. I have not asked mine, am do for follow up in Oct with him so may be brave and ask him then. My aim inthe next 2 weeks is to sort a wswim prosthesis and swim costume, so will let you know how i get on. Good luck with last chemo tomorrow.
KQ hope all goes well today and you manage your loo breaks ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GEORGIE HAPPY BIRTHDAY hope you have a good day however you decide to spend it.
MEGSMUM HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, it's mine today to though only a mere 13 years compared to you 30.
TWINKY hope you are doing ok after last Tax yesterday, sorry about Clare I did read some of her threads, and knew you were friendly with her.
Well off out to lunch shortly with a friend who is off workas she has damaged tendons in her leg, also meeting a friend of ours whos has just got the all clear from BC.
Hugs to all having treatment or apointments
Jane
Danigirl501

Dulcie - how long before you see the surgeon? So sorry you are having so much pain... I really hope you can get treatment as soon as possible!

To all having treatment today I wish you lots of luck and thinking of you.
To all that are suffering with SE's I hope they pass soon.

Thinking of each and everyone of you ladies. We're in it together.

Love
Dani XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry Beryl it isnt a PM... its on the board ..morning by the way xx..
I rang 'out of hours' last night and the doctor says i shoud be on Oramorph! I checked one of my tumours last night and its now grown HUGE hence the pain! My doc who i like ..does't seem bothered about the pain..but she doesnt know the tumour has grown..i only checked late last night..so i will keep taking the Co codomol till i see the surgeon...i am extremely upset and how big it now is! It seems the chemo didnt touch it at all!
Dulcie xxxx
Kittyqueen

Morning,
Jus getting ready for the off..............:)))) Had porridge for breakfast, hate it but least will still like normal foods tomorrow.
Really sorry to hear about Claire, I too have read some of her lovely posts.
Patchit... Joan...how lovely of you to adpopt an older kitty...our local rescure finds it so hard to home the older ones. Do you know anything about her previous history? Love the name too. What colour is she?
Dulcie... No you shouldn't be in pain this long. Hope it improves for you soon xxxxx
Angelherts.. Angie...you are going through some ups and downs with that temp at the min....what does the chemo unit say? Hope you feel better soon xxx
Right, off I go..................
Love and Hugs

KQ x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Ladies
Dulcie - I hardly ever think to check my PM box but I have now and there's no message in there from you, so don't know what has happened to that. I will send you a PM to see if it goes through/ Take care and thinking of you.
Beryl XX
Patchit

Dulcie, you shouldn't be in pain. There is no reason to be as there must be something they can give you to make things tolerable. Hope you get that call back soon.
Hugs
Joan xx

Guest user
Not applicable

I am so sorry Joan...xx

I have just phoned 'out of hours' now waiting for a call back...as everyone says i shouldn't have to be in such pain...i am suprised at my doc really..she is the only medical person i truly like and trust ..at the moment!

Dulcie xxxx
Patchit

Hi Dulcie
Sorry to hear that you still have problems, I hope you get some progress soon.
Clare had another thread on here which had many followers. She passed away last night, but she was a very special lady, which was obvious from reading her posts.
Joan xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry everyone..who is Clare and what has happened to her?
My doc doesnt want to know about the pain..but agreed it was probably the cancer..this was on the phone! So i will just push on till next week..My OH is same as me ..no energy..my levels should be up after a month since having chemo!
Beryls i did do a personal reply to you ages ago...you must have missed it..never mind..
Hugs to everyone xx and thank you for your kind words xx sorry for not doing a personal...
Dulcie xxxx
Patchit

Hi Ladies
Sorry I haven’t posted for a few days, we went away for the weekend, and I have been really busy today. I have read all your posts, but can’t do personals as there are just too many! My post would be REALLY massive if I were to do that! Beryl glad you had a nice weekend away and hope your trip with the caravan goes well. Amylou, sorry to read of your problems, I really hope you get things sorted out. Angelhearts, sorry you have had such a hard time. To anyone else suffering, I hope the SE’s lessen soon and big (gentle) hugs to you xxx.
Bettie and others, thank you very much for your kind words following my upset with my friend last week. I have been trying to keep it in perspective and know that she wouldn’t deliberately upset me, but I do still feel a bit cross about it all really. Hey ho, its just a small thing really, compared to everything else!
I went to see my Onc this morning. He was really nice! He has always been pleasant and has altered my treatment when necessary in the past, but he just seemed to take more time today. He told me that I had done really well to get through the treatments, even though I had problems with some of them. It made me feel that I have achieved something and made me a bit proud of myself! I have my last chemo tomorrow. I am waiting for my rads appointments to come through, but expect a bit of a delay as I am changing hospitals for that so have to be referred to another Onc. He reassured me that I might have an MRI instead of the mammogram at check-up time as I had lobular cancer which didn’t show up on a mammogram. I also have my prescription for the Tamoxifen and he doesn’t want to see me for 4 months! So, I feel like its coming to an end a bit, not too sure how I feel about that really, although I have an appointment to see my surgeon in July and will see him again in October. Not sure what for though!!
I also asked about my prognosis. Onc said that after my treatment I have an 80 – 85% chance of staying clear. In 2 years time, as long as I have no further problems, that rises to 90+%, then if I have no problems within 5 years, I would be classed as ‘cured’, with the same chances as anyone else! So, I am pretty happy about all that!
Chascat, hope you get on well at the weekend, I am sure you will have a lovely time. Xxx
KC and others, you will be very pleased to hear that we have a new addition to the family! She is a beautiful moggy! We went to the rescue centre yesterday in the way back from our weekend away. Cleo is 13, very vocal with a really loud purr. Very affectionate, loves cuddles and laps to sit on. She is settling in well, eating and drinking and using the tray, but she will go out once she has been here for a while and got her bearings! I will post her picture once I get organised!
Well, off to drink some more water. Have a good night everyone.
Hugs and xxx
Joan xxx

chascat

Evening ladies,
Jane & Twinky (sorry if I’ve missed anyone), congrats on finishing, we're all so close now. I have number 5 on Monday, should have been on Wednesday this week but they've changed my day so a bit of a delay, desperate to get another one under my belt.
Amylou - so sorry you're having so many problems with your OH, I do understand you not wanting to tackle him at the minute, I feel for you so much, you've got all this crap and worry going on and 2 young children, you need his support more than ever now, i'm Georgie, let loose on him!
Pargayan - Glad you enjoyed your concert, it's so nice to do something normal isn't it. Interesting what you said about having antibiotics whilst on FEC, I’ve never had any, all of our units/oncs work very differently don't they

Dulcie – thinking of you and your OH, what an awful time you’re having.

Gabbylamb – Lovely to hear from you but so sorry you feel so low. I know what you mean though, as fab as this forum is (and I know we’d all be lost without the support) it does remind you of everything that you’re so afraid of doesn’t it.

Wolsty – Not long now until surgery, can’t believe how quickly after chemo it’s happening, glad your friends have rallied round with a meal rota.

Joan – cannot believe what your friend said, how thoughtless, I’d have bitten her head off in your shoes.

Dani – nice that you bought your onc a pressie, I was thinking of doing the same for my onc and nurse, they’re both lovely.

Angie – sorry you’re still feeling pants, I’m day 19 of FEC4 and still feel rubbish, just gets harder.

Well my eyelashes have now departed company from my eyelids and my eyebrows are considerably thinner, look very alien like.

I answered the door on Saturday morning to the postman completely forgetting I wasn’t wearing a hat, then was mortified once I realised and felt the need to explain the reasons why to him, then today he knocked and I found myself apologising again, my husband then told me off for embarrassing the poor man and now I feel awful for being too OTT, it’s all just a bit shite really.

My nurse has phoned me today and told me that my radiotherapy planning will be 2 weeks after my last chemo with treatment starting 2 weeks after that, she said they like everyone to start radiotherapy 4 weeks after final chemo which should be mid August start for me, which means I’m ok to book a holiday in the sun for first week in October.

I’m off to the BCC Younger Women’s Forum on Friday for 2 days, am booked into the breakout groups for menopause, lymphoedema and laughter yoga – whatever that is. I’m going with another lady who lives not too far away, I’ve never met her but my nurse gave me her phone number, she’s picking me up which will make things easier and will be nice not to walk in on my own.

Have changed my Olympic tickets, had the chance to swap with someone else so now I’m seeing the tennis, and it’s a medal event so really pleased about that, I’m dragging my sister along who I don’t think is that keen but she feels she has to keep me happy!

Thinking of you all, would be nice to hear from Raechi, not like her not to post.

Take care

Lydia x

GeorgieB

Amy Lou - I really feel for you. Perhaps we should all come over and give him a cancer rant! Wolsty I know. What you mean about the cancer look. I normally only look inthe mirror when I am putting makeup on but did glance today and got quite a shock! Beryl I am glad you had a good w.e away - I can't imagine finishing! it's funny but 3rd July is my last tax - not long but it seems so far away when you consider all the s.e that go with it. The 25% reduction has made a difference but they are still nasty and the thought of going through it one more time is horrendous. I don't mean to write with no paragraphs but when I go to a new line it jumps 2 lines down. Feel a bit ugh,hope I f eel better tomorrow as going out for lunch with my family xxxx

pargayan

Afternoon ladies - if this text gets any smaller I will have to get a magnifying glass!
Twinky - Sorry to hear about Clare as I know you were very friendly with her. From reading her posts she seemed an incredilble lady. Well done for finishing chemo, take care x
Amylou - glad to hear that you have not been in hosp, sorry to hear you are having difficulties. BC does tend to focus the mind in that respect. Hope all works out ok.
Dulcie - hope you manage to get to see the doctor and your pain gets sorted.
Angelherts - hope you start to feel better soon. Strange you had no antibiotics whilst on FEC as I have had 2 tabs twice a day for 10 days starting on day 7 for all 5 so far.
Beryl - enjoy your time away, looks like the weather is going to improve.

Well Will Young was great as usual and the rain stayed away for most of the time but the wind was cold. I stayed at the back to remain away from bugs and germs but the only problem with that is we were near the people who buy a ticket and then spend the whole evening drinking and talking loudly with their backs to the stage. Cannot understand why people would spend money to do that, still it takes all sorts.
Saw the Onc today and he was very informative and friendly today which made a pleasant change. I start Herceptin 3 weeks after my last chemo which is hopefully a week on Thursday. I have worked out the dates and with no delays I should be finished on the 20th June 2013!! At the speed this year has gone so far, it will be here before I know where I am.
He thinks I will start rads and Letrozole 4 weeks after my last chemo, the rads will be to armpit, left chest wall and neck area to catch all the lymph nodes in those areas. Not sure I was expecting it to cover such a large area, I burn really easily so am worried about skin breakdown. Will just have to keep my fingers crossed. Should get an appointment to see the rads team in the next week or so.
Looking forward to the LGFB tomorrow afternoon and my boss is taking me out for tea and cake in the morning. Not sure I need cakes as I put on 2 lbs in a day yesterday.

Well the hound wants her tea so I had better go, hope everyone who I have not had time to mention is feeling ok and good luck to those have their next one this week. xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Last Tax done....just the SEs to look forward to for the final time. Going to bed for a bit. Am tired & a bit emotional after hearing thd news about Clare. Waving a turquoise flag at the top of this mountain in her memory.

Hugs to all, too tired for personal name checkS

Twinky x x
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Ladies
Well popped to work to see the girls and line manager( she had forgotten I was going so wasn't there when I arrived!!). Have provisionally discussed plan to return to work, aiming for a phased return in September, just need clearance and an appointment from Occ Health, after rads, she said this can be flexible as don't know how quickyly will get over tiredness from rads. I also said I don't know how much my hair will have grown, and that I have not bonded with my wig, agreed I couild wear a scarf if necesssary as long as it toned in with uniform, so am quite happy with that.
ANGELHERTS we had Tax 2 same day, I found bone aches much easier this time, it was the horrid mouth I found more intense. I was quite tachy when I was given Tax pulse was 100, and at times I still feel it racing, I am taking Ciproxin, finish today and one of the side effects can be a fast heart rate, so will be interesting to see if settles. Hope things settle for you and temp behaves once you finish antibiotics.
DULCIE hope that you have heard back from your Dr and you are getting sorted out, you don't need the added stress.
PARAGYAN hope you had afab time at Will's concert, at least it stayed dry, if not a little breezy. Hope you enjoy LGFB session tomorrow, look forward to catching up next week.
PATCHIT hope you had a lovely weekend in Wells, and managed to enjoy some fish and chips.
MEGSMUM sorry to hear that you have struggled with Tax 2, but glad you were able to enjoy the disco.
PARSNIP hope that all went well when you saw the surgeon, and that you have a clear plan now.
PEANUT hope bloods will be ok for Wed and Tax 2, when will you find out if they are reducing your dose?
AMYLOU so sorry to hear that you ar not getting the support from your OH at the time when you most need it, that is extra stress and energy that you don't need at the moment, especially with 2 young children to care for. I hope that you find the right time and energy to resolve the situation.
BERYL hopefully the weather will be nice for your next trip away, hope that you had a good afternoon with your friend.
CAROLYN I can't believe that it was back in Feb that you stared this thread, gosh what a long way we have come on this journey, I know we still have a way to go.
JAYJAY I hope that you have strted to feel better with the antibiotics, and can look forward to your wedding.
CHASCAT hope you are all sorted for your forum at the weekend.
GABBYLAMB hope that you are felling a bit better, as I know you wer feeling qiute low last time you posted.
SOCKS hope that you are doing ok after Tax on Friday and that they answered your question re temp.
CEEJ hope that you are doing ok and that your headaches stopped.
POPPY hope that you feel better soon so that you can go and visit your son, I hope they have managed to get some extra support..
Hope everyone we have not heard from for a while is doing ok.
Jane
XX
megsmum

Hi angie i can empathise with you totaly Tax for me has been horrendous i am just starting to feel human now day 13.
I cant wait for it to be over

Guest user
Not applicable

HI Ladies,

Can't remember when or what I last posted but I have been reading all your updates. It would take me forever though to do Personals - so sorry - but HI to everyone and hope you are all OK.

I am now Day 13 since Tax NO2 and unbelievably I am still feeling CRAP !. Last Monday was my worst ever day when I would of loved to of admitted myself to hospital just to be taken care of (that was Day 6) but 24 hours later on Tues afternoon I started to feel quite perky - which might be because I started the AntiBiotics - and the diahorrea even reduced down to just once each morning. But instead I got terrible stomach pains and a real tender area on my stomach (tender to even touch), and my mouth tasted even worse !

However the energy levels were back to normal and so I was quite happy and even went to the Cinema on Friday (saw "What to Expect When Your Expecting" - it was OK but a little slow). At the cinema I started getting body shivers and felt awful. This was Day 10 - and the same day that things went wrong on 1st Tax. By the evening I was constantly shivering and had temp of 38 and felt woozy and just awful.

So Saturday morning I convince myself that it's the antibiotics that are making me feel like this - so I stopped taking them I missed the morning and afternoon dose.

Felt good all day - whizzing around etc - until 5pm when I felt really spaced out and ill and hot. I rushed home and just layed on settee and very soon my temp was 38.3 and wouldn't drop. I had no obvious sign of infection (last time it was clearly my gums -this time they are perfect - not even sore) - and they said that your WBC won't drop so much on TAX 2 - so I couldn't be Neutropenic - but still I have high temp, really really bad waves of body shivers (like the waves of hot flushes but ice cold), headache and can feel my heart racing !.

So took an Antibiotic again and by morning my Temp had gone down, but if I forget to take a dose (like yesterday when my parents visited and I completely forgot the 2pm dose) then VERY quickly I am woozy - temp shots up - and basically feel crap.

Just totally confused as to why this is happening because on FEC I never had any Antibiotics to take and NEVER caught an infection (even though not having WBC injections) and my temp never went up once !! So why is it doing it on TAX when supposedly it doesn't suppress your immunity as much as FEC did ?

Be lovely to know how much difference it makes to your reoccurence rate if you cut your treatment short ?

Anyway - will see what happens tomorrow night as only have 2 tablets left for tomorrow. Last time I took these I had similar temp and pulse rate issues and Chemo ward just said it was nothing to do with the Chemo and to see your GP. Very helpful.

Anyone having 3rd TAX - pls post your experiences and really want to know if same / easier than No 2.

The official TAX SE's haven't been a problem - ie Bone Pains etc - they were much less than last time and very manageable. Tender feet - not really a problem, Tingling fingers - more noticeable than last time and nails very tender at tips (even thought it was a sign they might come off) but they are now getting better each day. NO sickness, Nausea, Heartburn. Low energy from Day 4 - 8

It's all been dizzyness, Diahorrea, Sore below areas, Temperature and Spaced out - Heart Racing - Just not well feeling that I wasn't expecting - and it's ALWAYS linked to a change in temperature, so can have a day full of energy and doing stuff and then it all changes very suddenly.

Hope everyone on their final sessions have ZERO side effects ! Roll on Rads - it can't possibly be as hard as chemo.
Angie
Guest user
Not applicable

Forgot to mention that my SIL sent away for a book that she heard being talked about on the TV and is reported to be very good. It's titled 'Go with the flow' author Gemma Levine and published by quartetbooks.co.uk (9780704372603). The author, who's a famous photographer, was diagnosed with BC and it's about her journe etc. She wrote this book about her experience that would be a companion, a resourse, an aide and finally, a practical guide to the incredible journey all cancer patients must travel if they are to regain control of their life (exert from fly leaf of book). All proceeds from sale of book go to Maggie's Cancer Centres. I will start to read it very soon and will let you know what I think, but it looks packed with info. Some of it we have already been through but it covers all aspects of treatment and medical prof' inputs about treatments and what to expect going forward.
Beryl XX
Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Ladies
Cold, wet and miserable here on the east coast but I think it's probably like this just about everywhere this morning.
Up early this morning and trying to get myself motivated for our short trip away tomorrow in our caravan. Actually did some ironing and a bit of hand washing. Still in my pj's but not expecting anyone to call, famous last words, bet someone will be at the door before I'm dressed and ready to greet the world.
Wolsty - That's great that you have a friend that is orgainising meals for you and that's the kind of support you need, what a good friend. I do hope everything goes to plan and nothing gets delayed. Thinking of you and take care.
Amylou - Going through this is tough enough, especially with two very young children and it's a great pitty that your OH is acting the way he is. I think you are doing the right thing to leave any confrontation until you feel strong enough to handle it, unless it comes to a head and then that's different. I believe my daughter is the same age as yourself and I don't know how I would deal with a partner that is behaving the way he is at the moment. I tend to deal with an issue and then worry about the aftermath later. That's just me being protective and it's not always the best way of doing things. I hope your next round of treatment goes well and is kind to you. Will be thinking of you and take care.
Dulcie - Your pain situation doesn't seem to be getting any better and I do hope that your doc calls and can help get it sorted out. When are you due to see the hospital for pre-op assessment? I do hope everything is OK and you get your operation soon. Always thinking of you.
Mary (Peanut) - Hope blood test tomorrow go OK and chemo can go ahead on Wed. Hope they can get your dosage sorted out and you can get through this next one without the awful s/e's you experienced last time. Not surprised woman came back to see if she could get her job back, probably realised jobs are not easy to come by when you have to think about school hours etc. Should think that she will behave herself now and be a model employee, fingers crossed for OH's sake. Let us know how you get on. I will text you while we are away because will have no wifi link to check on things. Take care and thinking of you.
Twinky - Hope all goes well with your final Tax today and you are only a week behind me with rads. I've had to wait longer to start mine for some reason, but at least I'm getting a rest from treatments which gives us tme for a short break away. Let us know how you got on and take care.
Had a letter from Addenbrooke's ref' Genetic testing and now have an appointment on 9 July. They have tied that in so I will be at the hospital for rads and genetics on same day. It keeps visits to hospital down and they are within an hour of each other, hope the rad treatment gets done on time otherwise it could be a problem.
Jayjay - How did the wedding go, hope you had a good time? Went to my craft group and we were being shown how to do a water colour picture. Was a bit unsure at first because I'm no artist and that's a fact. My husband can paint and draw so I took some of his water colours and brushes just in case the teacher didn't have enough to go round. Needn't have worried because she had loads of stuff. Anyway, I came away with something quite presentable, even if I say so myself. It may not have been a good likeness to the picture we were supposed to have been copying (flower), because I put my own stamp on it but I was pleased with it. When we got to my brother and SIL's I showed it to them and they said they would like to have it and put it in a frame. He wants to put it on the wall in their new cloakroom, which made me laugh! I'm going to be exhibited but not famous yet, now I don't think I need to worry about that! Like you I like to do craft work and by going to this group we get to try some things that we would not normally have a go at and it is all good fun. Take care.
Still wondering where lots of our ladies are and how they are doing, please give us an update asap so we know you are OK!
Better go and get dressed now. OH will soon be back home from golf and I have a friend coming for tea/chat this afternoon.
Best wishes to all. Beryl XX
megsmum

Good morning all i haven,t posted for a while as Tax no2 has really wiped me out plus i have had cold all week which in turn has given me rotten nose bleeds. Sorry i know i,m moaning but i have really felt ill.
Tomorrow is our 30th (pearl) wedding anniversary and we have decided to put it on hold until i,m better. I really feel sorry for those of you with relationship problems on top of everything else, you must have an inner strength to be able to cope with it all.
I went out to my daughters friends wedding disco it was my 1st social event wearing Raquel, so i was really nervous but everyone was pleased to see me and said how well i looked so that was a boost and 2 vodka & cokes later i was fine 🙂
Good luck to all who are having juice this week and i think surgery too, we,ve come a long way since the start haven,t we ladies
Keep strong xx

I