Did you mean: 

Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

Patchit

Re: Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

I know, I am really excited too! xx

wintersocks

Joan
at all sounds good to me. I will email them to check they are ok for me. If anyone else has any allergies/intolerances I can do that too.
thanks
W x

Bettie

Joan- this all sounds lovely and thank you!!
Bettie
PS, am soooo excited!! x

Patchit

IMPORTANT INFO FOR MARVELLOUS MARCHIES MEET- UP!

Hello ladies

I am just going to post about November and will do personals later.

I finally got through to the Colmore Bar & Grill. They were very friendly and helpful. Yes, they can cordon off a separate area for us which would be semi – private, so not exactly a private room, but it would be our own area. We can choose from the set menu, 2 courses for £12.50 or 3 courses for £14.50. I have asked if we would be able to choose from the ‘meal deal’ menu which is £22 and includes a 3 course dinner, drink and breakfast. Will let you know what they say. You can look at the menu's on their website. Wintersockless, they can cater for you and I have said that you will ring them or email them separately. We will have to make our choices in advance.

So, I have emailed them with our requirements and it looks like they will be able to accommodate us if everyone is happy to eat there. I said we wanted to eat at 7pm, as I thought this would be late enough for the ladies who are travelling home that evening. If anyone thinks that is too late or too early, let me know as I can alter the time no problem.

Also, the ladies who have said they will be not be staying over, Ceej, Gabbylamb, Twinky, EBHippo, Danigirl, Amylou and PoppyD, could you please confirm whether you are staying to eat with us? I guess Twinky wont be as you have your gig booked.

Also just wanted to say, thank you all for thanking me for doing this, but I really don’t mind at all and am quite happy to sort it out. Of course, if it’s a disaster (which it wont be, how could it be!), ITS NOT MY FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me know what you all think?

Joan xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Wintersocks, I'm so glad to hear from you, you are a star for typing all that for us so soon after surgery. I'm glad the removal of the drains wasn't as bad as you expected. That's another "little" (not little at all!) battle you've just won. I hope the uncomfortable sensation and the burning fades soon. How is the arm movement? I'm sending you a hundred healing hugs, and I'm sending all my come-back-home thoughts Wintersocks' way.

Chascat, ooh, that makes sense. I didn't know exactly why the extra rads was a good reason for some, but now it makes sense that we are both getting it as our lumps were somewhat superficial. When would you be getting yours? I'll close everything with the onc on Wednesday and will tell her that I wanna avoid brachy if I can. As I finish my normal rads this Friday I imagine the extra ones would be following them, but I don't know...

Time to get ready to the yoga session. I can't wait. I have missed my teacher this August!

Carmy x x x
wintersocks

Hello again to all our Marchies,
Ok, the district nurse arrived, and I m now free of the drains. The worse part was the snipping of the stitches, and me and her couldn't believe the length of the tube! She was really lovely and calming cos I was absolutely dreading it. She is coming back tomorrow to check all is ok and there isn't too much seepage.
So far the pain has been manageable paracetomal/brufen only. My upper arm feels swollen and I am getting some 'burning' sensations and pins and needles feelings too.
The dressing is still on the MX scar so I have not seen in yet, It is so strange not to see the 'rise' of the breast, just a 'hollowed' out area. I do feel as though my feelings are 'lagging' behind the actual surgery. But at the moment I feel ok about it.
Rae, I do hope this helps you not to be too frightenend? It is really not too bad physically. If you want to ask any questions, feel free to do so. When is your surgery? I have a feeling it is this week.
Peanut1955: Pleased to hear you had a lovely birthday. Do you know the train to Blackpool North goes straight past my house? (of course you don't - don't know why I wrote that!!)
EBHippo: It feels like you are getting your life back doesn't it? but I think you are right to try and 'pace' yourself as far as work is concerned. Will you be able to make Nov?
Ceej: you too sound as if you are getting back to normal? your life always sounds 'busy', 'busy' busy'. I am thinking of going to Hull this weekend, but only if I feel well enough. When are you there next?
Hi Beryl: Your hair looks exactly like mine!, although I think mine is thinner on top, but it is starting to curl around my ears! I do hope the top gets 'filled in' soon. Otherwise I look like a man. What a lovely Mum you are doing so much for your daughter. I do hope she appreciates it. You are just the sort of Mum I wanted, but sadly never got.
Joan: No I have had no-one looking after me! My partner went to the P-olympics, I wanted him to go as I felt he needed a break. But I have managed and my son is with his dad until I' m ready to get him back. Joan I think the idea of going to the restaurant adjoining the hotel is a great idea. If it is booked, I just need to make sure they are aware of my Coeliac condition, I can email and will do so for anyone else who has any dietary requirements. I do hope you feel it is not too much stress organising this?
Megsmum: Congrats on your the birth of your grandchild. I am always curious about names. I wish my eldest had a different name now! but he seems ok with it.
Waiting too: Oh dear, has the cold improved? did you manage to sort out the rads issue?
KitKat: My, what a dreadful time you have had, I'm sorry to hear you were so poorly on your chemo regime. I am interested in at you say about anastarole as I will be on it soon. The treatment can be so harsh at times, I really do hope that things improve and that you need less sleep in time. I agree entirely with what you say and wonder why there seems to be stuff kept from us . I cannot work out if it is to protect us/or if it is incompetance/or admin errors? It is so awful we have to keep 'track' of things , whilst having treatment. I found out years ago that I had a heart murmor by looking at my notes whilst waiting to see a consultant! Have you now got clarity on the scan issues?
Marie67: I am also to be paid ESA (in fact I might already have it). I will need to check with my bank. It will be so nice to get some money. Unfortunately, I am still Sockless and I think I have to accept that he is not returning. I will wait for a while and think of getting another. I am very sad though as he was such a little character, and he brought my youngest son and I closer, it's hard to explain but many topics arose from chatting about Socks - even helped to soften the cancer blow for him.
Carmy: I am so pleased you got some clarity on the Brachy- thingy. It so helps if the oncs explain things properly. especially in your case as it is a new treatment and you can't run it by others on the forum. I am glad you have some time to think about it and can now make an informed choice. I am pleased you manages to have a great weekend too.
Other ladies I am not sure have been on without scrolling back. Poppy? Jayjay? Angelhearts?. Of course Dulcie and Amylou and Parsnip too. Dani, thinking that you are still recovering from your surgery and how you are. Chascat (Lydia) so sweet about ringing me before I had surgery.
I think our thread maybe quietning down a little? perhaps it's going to happen as we move throught treatment? Hey, but I still have my rads to go! So don't go anywhere yet!
Thanks for all the best wishes for my surgery.
Wintersockless. xx

chascat

Carmy, I'm having 5 additional boosters too and I was told it was due to the position of the tumour. My tumour wasn't deep and was very close to the skin, apparently the margins although clear are sometimes a bit narrow and therefore the booster is directed at the tumour bed instead of the whole of the breast in order to prevent the cancer creeping back along the scar line (although I was told that this was rare too!) belt and braces and all that x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi marvellous marchies!
I am back from my weekend away and have just catched up with your posts. Thank you all so so much for your lovely wishes and advice on my panicky post after I was told about brachitherapy. I’ve been wanting to update you this weekend, but internet didn’t work on my phone for 2 days!
Brachy-update: On Friday before rads I saw my rads-ocologist on the corridor and I asked her if I could talk to her a bit more about it, as the information appointment about it the previous day left me a bit anxious. She was absolutely lovely and told me all I wanted to know. She said it’s their policy to offer all women under 50 (not sure why this age) to go through brachitherapy, which is a new effective thing and works at a slightly deeper level than external rads. I asked her I didn’t know what to expect about it as I didn’t know a single sould who’s gone through it. She said she can put me in touch with women who’s got it done, but it probably would be as ineffective as asking somehow “so, how’s chemo like?”, as we’ve all had our personal different chemos, and it would be the same with the brachy. She then went to examine my file and told me that as my lump wasn’t deep inside the breast but quite superficial that I was safe choosing between brachy or 5 sessions of a stronger rads besides the x25 I’m getting now. The only reason why the extra rads might not be as good as brachy in my case is because she thinks I would get some sort of fibrous scars, which in the future might not look pretty. And then she said the sentence that made my weekend. She said “in terms of fighting the illness, it doesn’t matter if you go through brachytherapy of through these extra slightly different rads. You have already done everything that was in your hands to fight the illness. This is just the cherry on top. And I don’t mind if the cherry is red or green. That’s up to you to choose. If one was definitely better for you than the other, I wouldn’t give you another choice.” So that of course lifted a massive weight off my shoulders! I was fearing if I decided to go for the extra rads instead of brachy it would not be as effective, and I would be left thinking I didn’t do enough. She made me think in my case it is just as effective, so if I can choose of course I think I will choose the cherry on top with no needles, catheters and anesthesia! She says I have all week to decide and that we can talk it through again when I next meet her on Wednesday.
So thanks to this lovely woman I managed to relax, and I had the best time in Toledo with OH. Such a beautiful and medieval city. We went for a night tour about the city with this guide that would tell us the history and all the local legends. It was fantastic. I feel like I have my batteries charged to go back to work tomorrow, after 5 months. I will not have a phased return but I do not feel tired, so I think I will be fine. Also, today I take up my yoga lessons again, so that should be great. Yoga, dinner and early night for me tonight. Cannot wait to be done with (normal) rads this Friday, though!
Joan, I didn’t understand everything I was told about the brachy-thingy. It is all clearer to me now, but my oncologist says that it might not be necessary after all, so I’ll spare you the rambling about it, hehe. I’m so happy you finish rads today!! Surely a reason to celebrate in some way. J
Bettie, thanks for the hugs, sweetie. I was having a really down day when I posted, with all the info, but thankfully I’m feeling much better again after talking to my onc again.
Dani, thanks for sending me love, I really appreciated reading your message. When you are feeling down kind words work doublefold! How are you feeling these days?
Mary, that’s nice you can go to work, catching up with collegues is what I’m looking for, when I go back to work tomorrow. Hope you’ve managed to rest this weekend. And happy belated birthday! Glad you had such nice plans to celebrate.
Gabby, you were so right. What I needed is to know more about brachytherapy. As I got lots more information from my onc the anxiety started to fade, especially when she said as you mention that I could have 5 extra sessions of a stronger rads insteads (besides the x25 rads I’m having now). I can totally understand the way you say you feel, with mixed up emotions. Somehow I hope we will manage to go back to “normal” once we end the treatment, but definitely we will never get to be the same as before, I think.
Jane, hope your scar doesn’t give you much trouble. What would we do without our creams... Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear!
Carolyn, that’s great you could dye your hair already, I bet it looks lovely. Hope the return to work wasn’t too bad. Mine’s tomorrow, so I’m there with you.
WS, I’m so glad to hear from you, and that the pain is not unberable. Did they get the drains out today? Sending you lots and lots of hugs!
Caren, my return is tomorrow too! I have mixed feelings about it and go from panicky to excited I can finally go in one second. Hope it’s bearable for both of us! I will still be going with my head scarf, which I’m not happy about as I pictured I’d have enough hair to go scarfless. Anyway, with you in mind tomorrow! Hope it goes well!
Megsmum, how great, congratulations! Glad to hear mother and baby are fine.
KQ, hope the watery eyes are giving you a break. I’m sorry I haven’t got any tips.
Clare, thanks for the hugs and courage, sweetie. Hope you are feeling better from the cold and that you get to know more about rads soon.
Liz, nice to meet you! Glad to hear you’re finally enjoying life after treatment!
Ceej, thanks for the good thoughts. Hope it goes well tomorrow when you start rads! I loved reading how you are startig to feel like your former self. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting close for all of us. *proud* Thanks so so much about the link on brachytherapy, by the way!
Kitcat, I remember you from posts from our early chemo days. I’ve only come back here again last week too. I am so angry they scared you like that while there was no reason in the end. How dare he! I can’t imagine how you must have felt like, poor thing. I’m sending you a big hug.
Were you all told too not to drink any alcohol during rads? It’s been hard to avoid this weekend!
Thanks again for the lovely wishes again after my post. You are starts. All your plans to meet up sound great, by the way. I hope you all start the week with little breast redness, no tiredness, no pains, lots of energy and nice little moments.
Love, Carmy xxx
wintersocks

Hello all
just checking in briefly. I am waiting for the District Nurse to come and she still hasn't arrived to look at these drains, she was supposed to come this morning. This is the second time they have failed to show. I will ring in an hour if she's not here.
This is very stressful having to chase them.
Will read posts later.
WSxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Lovely Marchies
Thank you all for my birthday wishes. Have lovely sunshine here to. Have been very spoilt by friends and family with all my cards and pressies.
Also had a had a nice surprise when I checked my bank, I have had my ESA sorted out and they paid just under £500 in, back dated to when mid July when my SSP finished.
JOAN well last rads for you today, that's another hurdle crossed.
BETTIE 1st rads for you hope all goes well.
KITCAT that was appalling treatment you received regards finding that info in your paperwork.Sorry to hear that you are still struggling with the meds.
PEANUT hope you managed to get your boob checked out. I had a confirmation email from my line manager saying what was planned for phased return was fine, she wasn't aware the policy had changed. So do double check with HR, as it doesn't seem right you have to use your AL in phased return. Hope you get it sorted.
CEEJ good luck with rads tomorrow.
BERYL hope you are enjoying the Gloucester sunshine, and that the black lab was a good passenger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WS hope you were ok over the weekend, and have now parted company with your drains. Any signs of Socks yet?
DANI and AMYLOU hope you are both doing ok after your surgery.
EBHIPPO hope all goes ok for you now you are back at work.
Hope all goes well for those having treatments or returning to work
Love Jane
XX
Ceej

Kitcat - that's terrible ! I am toying with the idea of asking for a copy of my records but not sure how they would react. It does seem that they are reluctant to keep you informed - I am still quite unclear about my diagnosis really and it changed from stage 1 with no chemo to stage 2 plus chemo within a week. I do believe they shouldn't say stuff unless they are confident in what they are saying !

Kitcat

Hello Everyone,
I haven't been here for a while but have read through a lot of the recent messages and it's good to hear how well people have come through their treatment.
I had dose intense chemo of three cycles of epirupicin and cyclophosphamide and two of docetaxel. Unfortunately these are double doses and I was too ill to have the third docetaxel, it was dreadful and I don't feel I'm over it yet, although the side effects of anastrozole which I'm taking now seem to be similar so it could be that. I also had 15 sessions of radiotherapy which finished at the end of July.
Unfortunately, the treatment has made me too ill to work, the side effects of the anastrozole are dreadful and my limbs feel like concrete all the time and I feel perpetually exhausted so I sleep a lot of the time.
I had a terrible shock a fortnight ago while looking through the paperwork from my medical file that my doctor was sending to my firm's insurance company. I found a letter from the radiologist saying there were abnormalities with my adrenal gland and bile duct and that I needed another CT scan after treatment had finished.
I hadn't known anything about this so I was very shocked, but much more shocked after a conversation with my doctor who told me I would probably need more chemotherapy, that the adrenal tumour was probably benign but the bile duct problem could be caused by a tumour in my liver pressing on it and if the cancer had come back I would have a very very poor prognosis (at the moment it's just a poor prognosis). She made it sound like I was facing the end.
Obviously, I was devastated and horrified that the hospital hadn't said anything to me and I spent the next hour on the phone to the Macmillan helpline, crying and asking how I could tell my family this latest bad news.
I emailed my Macmillan nurse who phoned me the following day and was very annoyed with the doctor, said I didn't need more chemo and she was going to phone her to tell her so.
She made me an urgent appointment with the oncologist last week who also confirmed I didn't need more chemo but that I needed another CT scan and a bone density scan and I might need an investigation on the bile duct after that. He wasn't at all happy with what the doctor had told me.
Seriously, I thought my last months had come and although I'm annoyed and upset with my doctor, I'm also very cross with the hospital because I asked at the outset to be kept fully informed and clearly, that wasn't the case as I was told the CT scan only showed a problem under my arm, nothing was mentioned about the other things.
I'm not sure why hospitals do this.... keep important information from patients. It makes a significant difference to choices I am making about whether to continue at work or not.
Think the moral of this is that if you have a scan or other investigation, it's wise to ask for copies of the report and even if you believe you are being kept in the picture, it's always possible that you're not.
Take care,
KitCat

Ceej

Carmy - found quite a good informative website x hope it helps
http://www.aboutbrachytherapy.com/en-us/patients/cancers/breast-cancer/Pages/benefits.aspx

Ceej

The "j's were smiley faces by the way!
Happy Monday

Ceej

Marie67 – Happy Birthday J what a lovely sunny day today too!!
Joan – I’m happy to go with the majority vote for the get together, as long as I know how much money to save for the day!
KQ – tell me how to turn off the predictive text on ipad pls! it drives me batty too – which is why I end up on the laptop or just not posting!!
Megsmum – congrats on your first grandchild J my grandson gave me my first kiss this morning – lovely. I’m really gonna miss him if they ever move out ha ha.
Carmy – I’ve never heard of brachytherapy, but I suppose if it means throwing the towel at this BC thing then it’s a good idea. Might not be pleasant, but hey the past year has been pretty pants for us! I’m interested to read up on it. Biiig hugs – keep moving forward and keep us informed x
WS – hope you continue to be on the mend!
Katsteer – I like you, was a regular gym goer – I’m lucky I only had a lumpectomy, but it took some time to get the movement back in my arm – I still try and move it around, and I guess it might start to stiffen up again when I start rads tomorrow! I have managed to carry on going to the gym throughout, but only done what I felt like doing – sometimes just walking, but raising my arms in front of me and behind me while walking on the treadmill just kept me doing something. You WILL get there!
I coloured my hair again yesterday – yes, yes naughty I know, but it’s like an inch long now, and every time I looked at it, it looked different colours, so I got another ammonia free one and it’s been a better result J.
Chascat – hope your rads are going ok? I looked at the traffic going into the hospital at five to nine this morning, and thought that you must be mad ha ha – that’s why I plumped for late afternoon, I only work about 5 mins away from the hospital so it’s easier that way. Although I didn’t really think it through as the girl in the office only works til 4pm. Ho hum. I’ll message you – see when you’re free to catch up?
Well I’ve just realised why my nails look so weird and they’re so strong – it’s cos the new nail is growing underneath, and I can almost pick off the ones on the top! They’re feeling a bit tender now, but I like the fact they’re double strength! I actually thought I’d got away with any nail problems until I took the nail varnish off!
Not seen my OH this weekend L tho his sister has now gone home – so it’s one down and two to go! I do like his family, but even he text me the other night and said he didn’t feel right with me not being there and he was really thinking of getting a bigger place! Thing is he rents out his house and lives above his office cos most of the time there’s only him, but it was a nice thought. I just told him there was no need to get another place when it’s only once a year he has guests, albeit they stay for 2 months at a time!
Right o – back to work – I must admit, I’m starting to feel a bit more like my former self – tho I had a fan on my head all night last night and woke up at 5.30am and it felt like I just lay awake until the alarm went at 7.30am! but I’ve got my gym bag in my car – so the plan is gym after work, then sports massage at 7pm. I’ve been having painful shoulders, and this girl is really good, I’ve been seeing her for about 3 years now and she always sorts me out. We need to look after ourselves!!
Also on a proud note – my niece went through thyroid cancer last year and had surgery and radiotherapy – she’s 38 or 39 next week I think, and has just signed up to do a 15k run in Istanbul! She’s been training for the last year – I think the cancer scared her as she’s always been a bit of a couch potato (she lives in Switzerland) – and I’m just SO impressed that she’s got herself that fit ! I keep telling myself there’s 10 years between us so I shouldn’t expect to be able to do the same – but I’d really LOVE to be able to do 5k in time for the Race For Life!

EBHippo

Hi Marchies
Not posted for ages, been trying to get my old life back. All treatments finished and apart from a bit of underarm tightness everything is ok. Taste never did return 100%, have a horrible after taste when I am eating but it may go one day - though I am quite fond of altered taste coffee these days.
Had a lovely weekend away in Somerset and went commando the whole time - it was nice to feel the breeze in my hair [not that there is much of it but enough to make me smile] Eyebrows almost back and eyelashes I can feel but might be a while before the mascara brush comes out.
Am back to work today [will feel strange knowing I have to go not if I want to]. Did 3 afternoons last week to sort out the paperwork etc but by Friday I was shattered. Explained to my boss it will be a while before I am a 9-5 again and they have said just do what hours I feel I can do and they will pay me for those. If I can manage 4-5 hours a day mon-thurs then maybe sleep friday might be an option - one thing I have learnt is listen to my body and if it shouts sleep then head for the duvet.
Hoping we are all feeling better every day, think we are all finding the light at the end of our very long tunnels. May not post much now back to being busy me but will check in to read updates and am sending hugs to all my new friends that helped me on my dark days.
Love to all of you very brave people - liz xxxx

Patchit

Marie 67, Jane, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, hope you have a lovely day.
Joan xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning All
Lovely morning here in Glos' and looks set for the rest of the week which will be very nice. We will be off out quite soon with the dog to find a nice park/woods somewhere to walk. It's going to be interesting driving with a big black lab in the back but we're assured he's very good and travels well.
Mary - Glad you had a nice birthday with your family and enjoyed your walk. I just feed the cat and dog and Hubby does the rest.
Hope everyone going for treatment today gets on OK and experiences no delays. Those who have had surgery are recovering well and able to get out and about.
Thinking of you all and wishing you well. Will be back later to check messages and post.
Beryl XX
Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for your birthday wishes. Sun is shining here, been out for a walk and its really warm, nice to be able to walk about without a jacket or cardigan for a change.
Marie and CareN- I think i will speak to HR as you suggest. It does sound a bit odd that A/L needs to be used, it may be the policy but will definitely look in to it. Thanks for the info.
Beryl- Hope you get out and about. you have a few animals to look after there dont you? OH would love to have a bit of land to grow his own produce and have chickens!!
Hope everyone ok?
Mary xx
Care_N

Hi Marie and Peanut, I have to confess to working in HR for the NHS. The phased return will be a Trust policy, but it is worth looking at the policy or speaking to HR Peanut, as it seems a bit unusual that you won't get any paid phased return, but are expected to take it as annual leave. It might be that your manager has mis-understood the policy?
Caren

Guest user
Not applicable

PEANUT glad you had a lovely birthday, hope that you get your boob sorted out tomorrow. I have to confess I don't really understand the phased return thing . I was gettting conflicting ideas so phoned HR myself I have emailed my line manager, but not heard back from her yet. I don't know if it it just my trust or if it is across the NHS, maybe Poppy or MEGSMUM may know. I think CAREN said that her phased return was the same as mine, though not sure what area she works in. Enjoy the illuminations
Jane
Guest user
Not applicable

Morning All
Jane (Marie) - HAPPY BIRTHDAY - have a good one! Hope wewather is good because it's raining here.
Mary (Peanut) - Nice to here from you and you enjoyed yourself yesterday. I used to get stabbing pains and now twinges but the rad nurse told me after my last rad that it would get worse before it gets better and she was right. Of course I'm not saying that we are all going to experience that but the other thing is making sure to keep exercising arm/shoulder because of stiffening. I hope that you get some answers from your GP one way or the other.
Daughter and partner have now left for their holiday so all is relatively quiet on the home front, apart from one dog, cat and about a dozen chickens. I think it's going to be a long week here in Glos' but we intend to get out and about with the dog and do some walking.
Joan - I like the sound of canal trip and meal back at the hotel for ease of everyone staying and those wishing to get away etc. Like most I will go with the flow with whatever is finally decided. Again, well done with the organising trying to sort everthing out and keeping us all happy.
Waiting too (Clare) - Sorry to hear about you cold and the hassle you are having getting rad treatment sorted out. Do hope this can be resolved to you satisfaction and hope you will be feeling better soon.
Where are all our lovely ladies? Do hope that we will hear from you soon with some updates. Got to drink my tea and get in the shower. I've been watching the Para Olympics and it's been so emotional watching everyone do their very best to compete. Young Ellie Simpson made me cry last night, I was so pleased to see her come through to get the gold because she really had to battle to get in front - what a fighter!
Love and best wishes to all.
Beryl XX
Patchit

Mary
A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
Joan x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone
Having a lovely birthday so far with some lovely presents, had lunch with a friend as OH working but going out later for a few drinks and something to eat. We didnt go to the switch on of the lights last night as it is usually manic but we will walk along the prom tonight to have a look. They council have supposed to have pushed the boat out this year as its the 100th anniversary but the are usually quite good so hopefully it doesnt rain before we go out!
Joan- so sorry I realised later that I had probably read the prices wrong!! My chemo brain not gone yet!! The restaurant next to the hotel looks good also, I looked at site and the meals look good. I am happy to go with the majority. I suppose it would be good to be near the hotel in case people want to leave earlier then others. Thank you again for all your hard work.
Marie67- Happy birthday for mon, same day as my daughter. Hope you are enjoying your free therapies, I have really enjoyed mine but last one next week as will be back to work week after!! hope you enjoy somerset also. My phased return starts on the 10th Sept but I have to use my A/L for it. I wonder why it varies so much from trust to trust? Is yours an internal policy?
Carmy- gosh what a faff with your Brachytherapy, didnt realise it was so complicated!! do you have a choice whether to have it or not? Is it instead of rads or as well as?
KQ- Enjoy your party, you are very brave just thinking of going commando, I am a bit of a coward, only did it once dont think i could do it all the time! If you do come for the lights let me know and we could meet up if you want.
Bettie- Well done on getting that good amount of money for the charity. the story about your MIL did make me laugh and a picture of Marge Simpsons hair came to mind!
WaitingToo- Great to hear you enjoyed Aberdeen, my sister is in Edinburgh, was up there for bank hol last week. hope you get your rads sorted out nearer home.
Ceej- My head is the hottest part of me but rest of me only gets hot when I have the hot flushes which are a nightmare at the moment! I had just finished with the stupid menopause and now the Tamoxifen has set me off again. hope you cool down soon.
Beryl- Hope you have a good time in Glouchestershire. My boob is still quite sore, keep getting stabbing pains going back to GP on Mon.
WS- Good to hear you are out of hospital ok and that your drains are not hindering you too much.
Carolyn- I am very jealous that you have enough hair to dye!! I hate having no hair and the growth is so slow!!
CareN- I really fancy those HD Brows, let us know how you get on.
Megsmum- Congratulations on being a Grandma, best feeling ever!
To everyone else I havent mentioned hope you are all ok?
Mary xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Morning lovely ladies
Arrived at our daughters safe and siound and thankfully the only traffic conjestion was going the other way. Nice day here in Wootton under Edge, Gloucestershire and not going t do much other than chill out. Daughter and her boyfriend/partner are off to a wedding in Bristol, then off to France tomorrow for 2 weeks so not going to see much of them.
Nice to catch up on everyones messages because didn't have time to post yesterday before we left, it all became a bit of a rush in the end.
Socks - Nice to hear from you and that you are now home OK. Sorry to hear about Socks not returning yet, but you never know he may well just saunter in as if he's never been away. Just make sure that you get plenty of rest and not gi overdoing things.
Mary (Peanut) - HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN and enjoy time with your family.
Jane (Marie) - HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Monday just in case I forget and I'm sure you will think of something to do. I like Southwold and chips sounds delicious. I've been doing my nails myself and they are coming along fine, but I do like getting a manicure every now and then. Have a good day whatever you do. You always do so well remembering so many of us when you post - well done!
Dulcie - Thinking of you and sending my love and best wishes. Hope you are being looked after with your treatment and care. Hopefully we will hear from you soon. XX
Calmy - What a lot you have to think about and in your situation I don't know which way I would go. How many rad treatments woud you have if you decided not to go for the extra treatment? Also have they said what sort of results they get with it. So many questions to get answered. Whatever your decision it must be the right one for you given everything that you have already been through. Will be thinking of you and take care.
Carolyn - Good luck with your return to work on Monday and you will soon get back into the swing of things. Hope you rad treatment area settles down and isn't too uncomfortable. I'm still applying the cream 5 weeks post rads but not quite so often.
Dani - How are you doing post surgery? Lovely and encouraging words that you posted for Calmy.
Gabby - Getting through your rads now and you will get sore but keep slapping on the cream several times a day. I think I used to put it on about 6 times, depending on how it felt. Now I think I put it on about 3 times a day, so it does get considerably better. I used to get quite tired in the afternoon (appointments early morning) so had little naps to give me a boost.
Joan (Patchit) - Like the new pic and hair looks like it's coming on nicely. Think I've aleady said that I will go with the majority for anything organised at Birmingham. We probably won't get there until after lunch but haven't booked any train tickets yet because not sure with station we will be going from yet. Thanks again for all the orgainising, you're a star!
All our other ladies that we haven't heard from in a while I do hope that you are doing OK and we will hear from you soon.
Have to finish now got to get off out been given jobs to do - hang the washing out and put washing in etc. Just reminds me of when daughter lived at home!
Best wishes to all.
Beryl XX
waiting_too

Hi All,

Joan, Canal trip for 1 hour and then a mealin a resturant suits me. The bar and grill would be absolutley fine for me, not far to tumble into bed 🙂

I have a stinking cold today after an annoying morning at the hospital to start the process for rads. I'm trying to get the rads close to home but it will mean a public hospital where I'm not registered and where, so far, they aren't sure how to treat a private patient. It was such a palava I'm a bit hacked off. Hence, immunity slid and now I have a cold. Grr.

That said, CAMMY my heart goes out to you. So unfair. I send oyu hugs and courage.

hey to rest of you lovely ladies. Signing off,

Clare

Kittyqueen

Morning MM's xxxx
Have finally sussed how to turn the predicitive text off this ipad thank goodness was driving me nuts !!! Beautiful day here, warm and sunny and I am feeling soooo much better but I think am expecting too much of myself as I expect to feel completely better straight away and obviously I won't. Still suffering with the awful watery eyes though...any suggestins please?
Wintersocks....Really pleased you are recovering well. Sorry Socks hasn't returned yet..has he been away for a while before?
Patchit...Joan..thank you so much for organising everything. I would love the canal trip and the meal a the place attached to the hotel would be brill..but again will go with everyone else xxxx
Peanut..Mary P did you go to the illuminations? I've not been for years but might see if the OH will take me this year, they looked really good on tv.
Carmy...Eeek, the brachytherapy sounds very daunting and I am not surprised you are worried..I have never heard of it before. thinking of you xxx
BerylS...Hope you have a lovely stay at your dauhters xx
Megsmum...Congrats on the birth of your lovely grandson xxx
Care-n....That's really mean of your daughter sending spider pics lololol :))))
Gabbylamb...I had a big emotional wobble the other day for no real reason..I think things just catch up with us sometimes. X Hugs to you x
Well we are off to a 60th birthday party tonight and it is just across the road so no driving involved but the OH is insisting on cooking a trayful of his spicy chicken wings to take with us. Am toying with going commando but I won't actually know all the people there but we'll see:)))
Hope everyone has a nice weekend and good lucK to everyone going back to work on Monday xxx
LoveKQ

Care_N

Congratulations Megsmum! Sounds like quite an ordeal, but really pleased to hear all doing well - will you post a baby pic?
WS I hope you're doing ok- I'm surprised they let you out so quickly, I hope you're being looked after.
Joan, all of your ideas sound great to me, I'm more than happy to go along with any of them. You are working really hard on this, it really is appreciated.
Happy birthday Peanut and Marie for Monday! Hope you both have a really good one.
Beryl, hope you've got all your jobs done! Lol. Have a lovely weekend
Thinking of you all
Caren xx

Guest user
Not applicable

MEGSMUM congratualtions on becoming a Grandma, glad all doing ok.
JOAN that looks fine to me, but am happy to go with the majority.
Jane
megsmum

Hi ladies just a quick post
Yesterday i became a Grandma for the 1st time, a beautiful little boy. My daughter had a very long and painful labour as he was in awkward position so eventually had c section after 24 hrs of contractions, but they are both ok.
Hope everyone is ok i'll catch up later xx

chascat

Looks good to me Joan, I for one am all for not having to go further than is absolutely necessary these days, will be lovely if they can accommodate us in a private area. Thank you so much for organising this, you're a star x

Patchit

Me again! You will all be fed up with my posts by the time we go away, that's if you are not already! Just had a little brain wave, well, at least another option to think about. There is a restaurant attached to our premier inn, so I have just phoned them up about having a private area in the restaurant for our group. Someone is going to call me back about it, but it looks really nice and the food is reasonably priced. Have a look at the website and let me know what you think. www.colmorebarandgrill.co.uk

Joan xxx

Care_N

Hello again! It doesn't seem like I was away for long, but there are so many posts to read! The Lake District was fabulous, we really enjoyed it and didn't want to come home.
KQ if I hadn't already given up wearing hats I would have to after the spider story! While we've been away our daughter had been sending photos of the spiders she has found each evening! There do seem to be a lot around at the moment.
Beryl, I'm taking Arimidex, but dont think ive had the scan you had, unless its just a normal bone scan? HD brows is supposed to be a 7 step method to perfect brows - jesmondbeauty.co.uk/high_definition_brows/index.cfm - I'll let you know on Tuesday if its any good! I love your hair pic! Mine is a similar colour and style but not so thick, but I think I'm going back to work without my wig - I wore it one night while we were away and I hated it.
WS hope you are ok after your surgery, thinking of you.
Carolyn and Carmy, we're all back to work next week! I get panicky when I think about walking in to,the building with mt stoopid grey fluffy hair, but I just need to get it over with. My first day back is Tuesday, my manager is busy on Monday so asked me to take it as part of my phased return!
Marie my Trust has the same policy as yours, 6 weeks paid in full, then any longer either reduced pay or use annual leave. I still haven't seen OH, as they don't have any appointments until Wednesday, so will get my phased return schedule after I've started back... I don't think I can claim ESA as I am still being paid SSP, as my Trust don't start claiming it until we go on to half pay.
Carmy, your brachytherapy treatment does sound tough, I'm not surprised you were upset. Hope you can find someone who can give you some reassuring feedback. I have been to Barcelona before, but it's such an interesting city, it definitely warrants a return visit.
Bettie, well done with your fund raising! That is really impressive. Unlike your cooking skills, which sound almost as bad as mine!
Joan, your organising is so impressive! I think hiring a boat in the afternoon would be great, don't mind how long for or what is decided about food. Please let me know if you want me to do anything. And rads nearly finished, I hope the pink area isn't sore. My armpit still looks a bit red and sore, but is so much better. I'm hoping it will have healed by the time i go on the cruise, I couldn't use the spa while we were away, but I'm just pleased that it seems to be healing.
My IPad is just about to run out of battery, so must post this before I lose it!
Thinking of you all, have a lovely weekend!
Caren xx

Patchit

WS, sorry our posts crossed.
I am quite surprised that you came out of hospital so soon, but they must think you are well enough to leave. Its good to be back in your own bed though. Have you got someone looking after you? Keep up with the painkillers even if you are not in much discomfort, it's better to keep on top of it. I cant remember how long it was for me before \i got my prosthesis, but I think it was a few weeks. Gentle hug to you, hope you feel better every day.
REALLY sorry about Socks. How horrid, not knowing where he is. I hope you get some news soon.

Joan xxxx

Patchit

Hello MM’s

Brrrrr! I am cold! Think the fire might be going on this evening! I have just put a wooly hat on and my winter dressing gown! My friend was coming roud this evening so I could show her some swimsuits I have bought. She cant come now, which is a shame, but at least I wont have to strip off!!!!

WS, thinking of you today, hope your recovery is going well.

Carmy, hope you have a nice weekend and can get your head around the info you have been given.

Peanut, did you go and see the illuminations switched on tonight?

Wolsty, if we decide to do the canal trip in the afternoon and eat somewhere else later, I think the idea of a private room sounds good. I think it would be much more social for our group to have our own space, which is why I suggested the canal trip with meal, so a pub or restaurant with a private room would be equally as good I should think. I do think we need to eat fairly early though as some ladies are travelling home after. Thank you for having a look for that, I wonder whether BETTIE might have some ideas, being a local girl!! At the moment, 5 prefer canal trip and restaurant after, 2 prefer canal with meal and 4 no preference.

Peanut, sorry if I wasn’t clear about the prices for the canal trip and meal, so just to clarify, the 3 hour trip would be £16.36 PLUS cold buffet, so total between £26 and £31. If we chose a hot 3 course meal the cost would be £19.95 PLUS hire of the boat (say 3 hours) £19.09, so total £39. I think it looks good value for money and it would be good to have our own space. The cost probably won’t work out very different if we decide to go to a restaurant or pub, you can usually get a decent meal for under £15.

Gabby, I think the emotional side of things is to be expected. We are still going through changes, finishing treatments and trying to get our lives back again! I am finding it all a bit odd, just imagining a couple of months down the line, being back at work normally, hair grown again. Will it be like all this has never happened? Will it be like a big bad dream? Surely we can’t just go back to our old lives as if nothing has happened? I find that thought very odd!

Marie67, my underarm is quite pink now, and the scars are tight, as you say. Good thing is I cant really feel any discomfort! Yum, Southwold fish and chips! Enjoy!

Carolyn, hope you got all your jobs done today. Good luck for Monday, I am sure you wont need it though!!

I am now going to go and pour myself a nice Bacardi and coke!

Hugs to all

Joan xxx

wintersocks

Hello all,
was kicked out of hospital last night, so only 1 night in hospital. Mx and ANC done. 2 drains in and visits by district nurses and drains out Mon at the latest.
The hospital gave me 2 front fastening bras and a 'softie' and will go back 2 weeks or so to get fitted for something else??
bit of pain, but not unbearable, but very tired.
I think my Socks has gone for good.
I do hope everyone else is ok and I will endevour to catch up in the next day or so.
WS xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Marchies
Well have been enjoying the Para Olympics, what amazing people they are, just wish C4 didn't have so many advert breaks !!!
Well my birthday on Monday, but hubby on nights so hoping to go out for lunch Sunday, I fancy going to Southwold and having some of Mrs T's chips!!!! Hoping the weather will be fine.
Have booked anappoinmtment to have my nails given some TLC they are still looking quite manky, so think they need all the help they can get.

WS glad to hear that your surgery went ok, and that you were being looked after, hope you get home soon.
JOAN love the pic with the new hair.
BERYL hope hope you have a good journey to your daughters, and that the weather is ok when you get there.
PEANUT hope that you managed to get sorted out for your phased return.
CARMY Brachytherapy certainly sounds quite intense and alot to take in, it's certainly nothing I have heard of being offered here at the moment. Hope you manage to enjoy your weekend away, not long until you finish your rads now.
KQ glad you got the washing machine sorted, I got a new one a couple of years ago and it was so quiet compared to the old one I had to keep checking it was working!!!!!
WAITING TOO glad you had a good weekend inn Aberdeen and that the temperature was a little kinder to you.
CEEJ I just seem to get the hot flushes and my head particularly gets hot, don't seem to have of any other hot spots though.
WOLTSY glad you got sorted at the dentist and that you have booked your train ticket.
PARSNIP hope you are doing ok with the rads.
DANI hope that you are still doing ok after your surgery, what weill the next step be for you.
AMYLOU hope that you are recovering ok from your sugery, have they decided what the next step will be for you.
EBHIPPO hope that you are doing ok now your rads have finished, and that ther Tamoxifen is being kind to oyu.
JAYJAY hope that your mouth is feeling better and that you are ding ok. When do you start rads?
MOLLIE hope you are doing ok.
POPPY hope that both you and your son are doing ok, I got my ESA sorted out and they are paying £71 NI contributions until I go back to work, so thank you for the info.
CARE N and CAROLYN Well not long until you are both back at work, I know you will be back full time Carolyn but are you on a phased return Caren?
CARABEL hope you manage to get your transport sorted ok for Nov.
GABBYLAMB glad that the rads seem to be passing quickly for you.
BETTIE not long until you start your rads, then that will be another hurdle crossed.
TWINKY hope the September gigf goes ok.
CHASCAT hope all is going ok with your rads, and that your daughter managed to get her cereal bowl
RAECHI glad that you enjoyed a few days away before your op, and that you managed to get some bras.
PARAGYAN hope that the last few rads are ok and that OH's test have got you some answers so you can then book a holiday.
DULCIE thinking of you, hope that you are doing ok, not sure where you are in the new treatment plan. Hope that OH is doing ok with all his tests.
GARY hope that you are still managong to do ok with the CMF.
SCOTTIES hope things have settled down for you.
Well ironing beckons now
Hugs to all having surgery or treatment
Jane
XX
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies

Oh Carmy what a decision it does sound scary though, can't say what I'd do in your place but pleasejeep sharing as it also sounds very intriguing.

I'm with the others as well about November, I think I'd prefer trip then good old chat and wine somewhere on the Saturday night but I'll go with the flow. Again thanks for all your hardwork Joan. Like you Wolsty I arrive about half twelve in time for lunch.

Lovely to see hair pictures appearing, I was daring yesterday and dyed mine, thanks to someone who said to use Loreal Castings, it's just lifted the dullness, although I'm getting very impatient for fringe to grow.

Last day of holidays today back to work Monday so lots of little buts to do this afternoon, off to get nails done, colleget prescription and also collect one for Oh and then hopefully squeeze in getting car washed.

You made me giggle Beryly about bed habits, sounds like me as well, OH likes to be cocooned but I don't like anything near neck or feet, so usually he is wrapped like a sausage roll and I'm like a hot dog with my legs and shoulders and head sticking out.

Well better get on. Sending hugs to those recovering fromsurgery and rads. Like the rest of you I was fine but have a nice sun tanned line down armpit and under boob, and also a very dry and scaly nipple on surgery side. Ah well could be worse at least no pain.

Love to all enjoy the sunshine those of us who have it.

Love Carolyn xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Marchies
Joan I would prefer a canal trip ion the afternoon and meal elsewhere in the evening, but am happy to go with the majority.
You finish rads on my birthday,I had rads only to my chest wall, but towards the end just the area under my armpit and slightly round to my back got red and a little tender , I'm now nearly 4 weeks post rads and it is now starting to peel there, my MX scar also got quite tight. I am still slapping on the Aqueous cream, not sure how long it will take to totally settle down.
Will post more later now off to have my free reflexology session.
Jane
Guest user
Not applicable

Awww Carmy, ive never heard of bracytherapy, is it a new thing? I really think you need to talk it through more thoroughly with a professional so that you are fully armed and informed about all it involves and the outcome too. Do I assume you could have rads instead?
Joan, I am happy as well with what the majority decide, and I think the prices you have found out seem reasonable. I would say that as I am one of those having to go home in the evening, an afternoon trip would work better for me . Its great of you to do all this for us, it needs one of us to be organised, and that certainly isnt me!!!
I still havent fully caught up on all the posts over the weekend but I want to send my love and hugs to Amylou, Dulcie, Dani and WS as I think you are all suffering.
Ceej, I get hot flushes which start in my head, usually in bed at night!
I have finished 3 weeks of rads now and another 2 weeks to go. It is going quickly and my boob is starting to be a little sore. I still feel a little mixed up in my head and emotions, and wonder if this is a permanent thing now. I suppose we will never be quite the same again after all we have been through. How do you all feel?
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone
Sorry just a quickie for Patchit to say thank you so much for getting those prices for us. Personally, if I have read it right!!! I think it is good value for 3 hours at approx £20 per head for canal trip and meal particularly if we have the boat to ourselves!! but I am happy to go with majority.
Joan thank you so much again.
I have had a really busy day today, been in to work for meetings and catch up which I quite enjoyed but was really tired when i got home!! I will catch up on posts tomorrow.
Love and hugs to everyone
Maryxxx
Wolsty

Hi Joan. I realised that my tennis ticket is for the friday night so i will be up on saturday and stay the night. I think canal trip in afternoon and meal somewhere else too. We might be able to find a restaurant or pub with a private room that we could use for dinner. I will have a look. But I am completely relaxed what we do.

Jane x

Danigirl501

Carmy I feel so bad for You but am with you. Please don't worry and remind yourself that all the treatment you're having is to make you better. I remember when I was a little girl I was vitamin deficient as I wouldn't eat very much and as much as I hated having injections (in my bottom) I got through it. I know the picture that they have painted for brachiotherapy is bad BUT you will get through it! I know you will. Don't be scared as we are all there with you.
Just as Wintersocks has got through her surgery and just as we all have got through our treatment, you will get through this.
Sending you love.
Dani
XX

Bettie

Joan - I think a canal trip in the afternoon then a meal in the evening would be a good idea but I will go with the majority and thank you so much for arranging all of this
Bettie x

Bettie

Carmy- I am so sorry you are faced with this decision and remember we are all here to support you. Massive hugs.
Bettie xx

Patchit

Hello MM’s, I am going to try and catch up on the posts now!
Carmy, hope work is going ok and that you have a nice weekend away. Its great to be able to do normal things again and plan our social lives again! I have been going without my wig or hat for a long time now. I cant wait until my hair looks like a very short cut! As Dani has suggested, it would be great to have a meet up in Spain one day!!!! Hope you have found out a bit more about your Brachy-thingy treatment. It sounds very progressive!

Gabbylamb, glad you had a nice weekend in Cheltenham. I heard Chris Evans talking about the mud there earlier in the week.

Twinky, it sounds like you have had a few problems with work. I hope they sort out for you. You don’t need to be worried about money on top of everything else! Thanks for your positive words about Tamoxifen. I do agree, it is easy to blame that for all sorts of things! I haven’t had any problems so far with it, other than feeling a bit low sometimes, but as you say, that would be quite normal after everything we have been through anyway.

Peanut1955, how is the boob? Settled I hope, but what a palaver! Glad you had a good weekend with your sister and hope you enjoyed the wine!

Marie67, glad you got a holiday booked for before you go back to work. Hope you are happy with your work shifts, I am sure you will soon be back in the swing of things. I am sort of feeling that it is all a bit odd, everything going back to the way it was pre-bc. Its like, so much has happened to us and we have been through such a lot, somehow, things should be different now. I guess its probably that we are different, rather than the things we do.

Bettie WELL DONE raising all that money, that’s fantastic! I am sure they were very grateful. It was worth all the hard work then!

Waiting too, Clare, glad you had a nice time at your sisters and you appreciated the drop in temperature after Rome! I am not really getting into a routine yet, not till after I finish rads, then to be honest, I have so much going on, I think it will be then end of this year before things are quieter for me. I would really love to drop my working hours, but I don’t think that will be possible for a while yet.

Ceej, No, I don’t think any other part of my body gets hot! Hold on, I will just ask my OH……………! Tee Hee! Sorry, I couldn’t resist a little joke! My head doesn’t really get hot either.

Oh Carmy! Just read your post! I have to say, I don’t understand it all, but from what you have said, it does sound quite scary. Do you have a breast care nurse you can talk to? Could you maybe find out if anyone else has had this treatment? If you knew someone else who had been through it, you might find it easier. Do you have it done once, instead of the 8 extra regular rads sessions? Big hug to you, hope you can find your way through all the information and feel at ease with it all. Xxx

Hope our other ladies are doing ok, thinking especially about Angelhearts, Dulcie, Amylou, Jayjay, Poppy, Parsnip, Dani and Wintersocks. Sorry if I have missed anyone!

Two more rads for me, I finish on Monday. My skin is quite pink now, especially under my arm, which I wasn’t expecting as I am not having rads there. I guess it must just spread out!

Take care, marvellous marchies

Joan xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello lovely ladies,

I'm so glad WS is coping, thanks for the update! Can't wait to hear from her when she is more recovered. Sending much healing love her way.

I went today to Hospital-I-Hate for the brachytherapy pre-op, and today has been one of the hardest days since I was diagnosed. It turns out it is gonna be more AWFUL than I was told by my onc. I need general anesthesia, and they say they'll insert 7 very big catethers/needles around the area where I had my tumour. They say the inside of my breast won't hurt as it just doesn't have sensibility, but the skin will, especially as my breast skin in thick. Then they'll apply radioactivity to the metal. They say even if it is not proper pain, it will be very uncomfortable to feel it all inside me, as the needles are very heavy and will be screwed together and it will all be very heavy and I will be just holding it with my breast. I could not believe this bit. How awful. Then when they remove them I will bleed so they will have to press the breast hard and that will be uncomfortable too. Omg. I was between completely breaking down and forcing myself to keep a straight face as my mum insisted on coming with OH and me, so I didn't wanna cry bucketlots in front of her. I don't know whether to refuse to go through it, as I have been offered to get it done OR go through 8 extra rads sessions very similar to the normal rads we are all getting now, but then the 3 oncs that I have met have told me due to my age I better get brachytherapy. I have also been told I can get psychological help if I wanna go through it. What?? I'm PETRIFIED. 😞 Now that my breast was aching but healed... I guess I should remind myself that I must be grateful that at least I do have a breast to apply this therapy to, no matter how nasty. My head is a mess and I'm not sure what to do. For now I think I'm going ahead with it, and they are getting it all ready to get it done on September 18th. Bye bye happy lunch with family on the 16th to celebrate I was done with rads and this year of treatments was over... I imagine how awful was my biopsy and I imagine it like being 7 biopsies at a time...

If I wasn't going with OH for a weekend trip away tomorrow after rads I would feel like curling up in bed and crying all weekend. I'm sure it'll all look better in the morning, but I'm just so so sad today. Thanks for bearing with me.

Carmy xxx
Patchit

IMPORTANT INFO FOR THE ‘MARVELLOUS MARCHIES MEET-UP’!
NO FOOD OPTION
The one hour canal trip costs £6 per head. This is a public trip, so there may be others on board.
Or we could charter the boat for our group which would cost £210 for 1 hour, £290 for 2 hours or £360 for 3 hours. Working on 22 people 1hr = £9.55 / head, 2hrs = £13.18 / head and 3 hrs = £16.36 / head.
COLD FOOD OPTION
A finger buffet costs from £9.95 per head, although they said that if we had a budget they would work to whatever that is (less or more). A cold buffet (cold meats, salads etc) is £14.95 per person.
HOT FOOD OPTION
If we wanted a hot 3 course dinner it would cost £19.95 / head plus the cost of chartering the boat which would be £260 for 1 hour, £340 for 2 hours or £420 for 3 hours. Working on 22 people 1hr = £11.82 / head, 2hrs = £15.45 / head and 3 hrs = £19.09 / head. They use a different boat if you go for the hot food as its sit-down, rather than buffet.
I do wonder how much we would see though as its November so will be dark by tea time, although I expect a lot of it would be lit.
OR
We could do the canal trip mid-afternoon, say 3 or 4pm, then book a restaurant for say 7pm ish, which would mean we wouldn’t be too late for the ladies who are travelling home.
Or we could do none of the above if anyone has any other suggestions?
Joan xxx

Carabel

Joan
Thanks for the info regarding trains from Glasgow. I will have a look at flight prices tonight.
I've a lot of posts to catch up on so will be back on later.

Xx

Patchit

Wolsty, glad you decided to join us in November, sdid you manage to find someone to use your tennis tickets? Are you staying on the Saturday night?
I am just putting together some prices from the canal trip people and will post them later
Joan xxx