cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

Deleted double post - got carried away with pressing the button!
Guest user
Not applicable

Carabel - I know where you are coming from on the student front but our youngest graduated in 2004 or there abouts and she should have learnt her lesson then. She shared a nice 3 bed semi with 2 other girls and used to get on to them because they didn't do their jobs on the rosta. Quite funny when I think about it now, anyway, when it came to the end of their time there it was hubby and myself who put most of the work into getting it ready for handover. One of the other parents said 'Do you need to be doing all this'? Not to us I might add but I told them that we did if they wanted their deposits back! All went OK and I vowed that I/we wouldn't do it all again and here we are - stupid or what? This is positively the last time. Our daughter is very clever and works for a big company at junior management level but it's a pity she can't apply her organisational skills at home. That's enough about all this but it will come to head very soon. Good that you have now finished rads as well but you may find that it will take a little longer than a couple of weeks before everyhing settles down. Keep slapping on the cream because it all certainly helps. I'm still doing that and my last rad was 26th July, but not having to do it quite so often.
Love to all and best wishes.
Beryl XX
Carabel

Joan the £22 meal deal would be great if we can get it. I willl have a look at the menu and let you have my choice asap. Hapy to send you a cheque if that makes things easier.

Wel had my final rads session yesterday. My skin is a bit red now in my armpit and over my boob. It feels a bit hot but not too bad at all. Hope its all c lear for my hols in a fortnight. Have been working all the while but am feeling quite tired in the afternoons.

WS hope all is okay when you hear from BCN today.

KQ glad your eyes are improving. My eyes have been fine through chemo, apart from the fact that my eyesight seems to have deteriorated a bit.

Clare - a haircut indeed! I can't wait to have enough hair to need it cut. Still only got white fluff but think i am starting to see a 5 o'clock shadow underneath it.

Bettie so sorry you are having problems. As if you dont have enough going on.

Beryl I feel the same about my daughter. I visited her at the weekend and i am afraid i cant keep stum. I doint know how she can live in a mess! She graduated two years ago but still lives like a student.
Am off to work now. Going in a bit later as i have a meeting late afternoon that will likely go on past 6pm.

Love to all.

Csrabel xx

Guest user
Not applicable

KQ - It's the room but when I booked I put down for 2 adults. Just give them a call and they can change it to 2 adults the room rate shouldn't change but they may charge you an admin fee, they like doing that sort of thing for not doing very much especially as it's only probably clicking a button! I haven't looked at the menu yet and Joan I'm happy to send you a cheque if it makes life easier ref deposits etc.
Off to do some cleaning - sadly my daughter and partner/boyfriend are not too worried about that sort of thing and prefer to be outdoors but not in the garden either. I'm at a loss to wonder how they can think that everything looks fine!!!! I find it hard to keep stum but sometime soon it's all going to have to come out. I think it's called tough love.
Will come back later for a break!
Love to all, Beryl.
November is going to be great!!!!!!!!
Bettie

Joan, the 2 set meal is fine for me and if you want me to send you a cheque please let me know
WS - sorry for all your worries, plse know that we are all thinking about you
Have now had 2 rads (18 to go). The Staff at New Cross Hospital are wonderful and cant do enough for you and I'm meeting some lovely people so thats great.
Been having a lot of trouble again with tumour 1 and an associated hernia which is making sitting very uncomfortable. I DO NOT WANT MORE SURGERY!! Prob in the new year I'll get something done but for now I'll just have to grit my teeth and get on with it, as if having BC isn't enough eh (this other problem has been going on since I was 23 when the tumour was diagnosed. I am now 51 and still having trouble. Anyway the sun is shining and Meg needs her walk so best wishes everyone
Bettie xx

Kittyqueen

Morning MM's xxxx
Finally gave in and rang the chemo unit aout watery eyes as was really bad yesterday and they were running constantly. Nurse said it was down to the chemo irritating the conjunctiva and recommended a product called viscous tears...nipped to chemist and have used it 4 times now and they are defiinately improving xxx i suppose the plus side was I can't wear mascara as no eyelahes so at least it couldn't slide down my face xxxx
Patchit..Joan...will have a look at menus, one of my faourite hobbies, this weekend and let you know asap. Just let me know re deposit xxx I think i will drive myself to rads...will get more shopping done that way lololol
Wintersocks...Thinking of you and hope your OH gets some answers for you today xxx

Waitingtoo....Wow a haircut.....I show my hair what there is of it to OH's hairdresser when she comes each month as she can see more of a difference than us..I miss my hair now.
Parsnip..Sorry you're feeling tired but not long to go now xxxx
Carmy..Pleased to hear your first day at work went well and your bracytherapy problem has been resolved xxxxx
Wolsty...Been watching a lot of the paralympics on TV...amazing people...pleased you had a lovely time xx
Ceej...Am convinced the flushes start in my toes and spread up the whole of my body and can happen any time any place anywhere lolol
Marie67..Pleased your nails are looking good, my finger nails are quite ridged but toe nails have managed to stay perfect for some reason. probably cos they don't get to see daylight very often lol
Carolyn1709...Pleased work went well for you so nice to be almost back to normal againxx
BeryS....Hope the dog walking is going well. have you read the thread on BC and exercise? Tis quite funny in some parts.xx
Well I forgot to watch Dallas last night, used to love it years ago. OH has decided he may come to Birmingham with me as he has a few people he knows in the area. I guess I'd have to ring them and change my booking or is it just the room that's booked not how many people occupy it? can't remember how Premier Inns work.
Thinking of you all xxx
Love
KQ

Patchit

Hello ladies

Had a very nice meal out last night and a couple of glasses of wine which went straight to my head! I had to go to bed straight away when we got in and Cleo ended up sleeping next to me on the bed!

Bettie, hope you got your first rads out of the way yesterday and didn’t have any more problems!

Dani, glad to hear you are recovering well. Have a lovely time in Cornwall and I hope the weather is kind to you.

Wolsty, there is no stopping you now is there?! Glad you had a lovely fun weekend and enjoyed the Paralympics last night.

Beryl, glad you are enjoying your time at your daughters. Hope the pets keep behaving themselves!

Gabbylamb, how is your sore area on your boob and your nipple? Hope they settle down soon. My chest area is slightly pink, but my underarm is quite a bit darker pink and sore.

Rae, I do hope you manage to join us in November. Do you know how many rads sessions you are having?

Caren, glad your return to work is going ok. I have been very interested to read about your HD brows and glad you are happy with them. I have taken the plunge and am going about mine next week! I hadn’t ever heard of them before you mentioned them but have done a bit of research on the net and they do look good! My brows are really dreadful, I usually have them waxed but they are so thin now, they don’t really have any definition. You had really good brows when you were pencilling them in during chemo, are they quite similar now?

Parsnip, glad you only have a couple more days to go now. I expect you are really tired with all the rushing round you are having to do. I am sure you will really appreciate slowing down a bit next week.

Carolyn, glad your return to work is going well. Hope you have a nice weekend away in Worcs.

Carmy, glad you too are getting on ok with your back to work! Hope you got everything sorted out with your rads. What a lot you have had to think about and wade through!

GeorgieB, you are well sorted out now for the wedding! You will have to practice walking in your heels! What date is it?

Marie67, I am with you on not using my right arm as much as I used to. I have done some ironing right handed, but tend to use the left mainly (not that I do lots!). My left arm is still tender in places from having the chemo but I guess that will lessen in time.

Waiting too, goodness, haircut?!! I couldn’t bear to part with any yet!!

WS, I am so sorry you are upset! How thoughtless! I totally agree with everything Lydia has said. I bet she just wants to go through the plans for rads and meds, nothing else. I am glad OH is going to ring her tomorrow and I hope he tells her how upsetting her phone message was.

Bit more info for our meet up, cant remember whether I said, but we can order from the meal deal menu too. So, I thought maybe you could all make your choices and PM me with them, I can collate them and pass them on to the restaurant by email so we shouldn’t have any mistakes. You can order from the set 2 course, 3 course or meal deal menu’s. If I could have the choices by the end of September please. I am off on holiday on 10th October, so I will need to get it done in good time. I am not sure really what to suggest about the deposit. I guess they wouldn’t really want us all phoning up with our individual £5’s, especially as it would cost them more to process each transaction. I might ask them if I could send them a cheque to cover it but ask them not to cash it unless we don’t turn up. Or everyone could send me a cheque? Any suggestions?

Amylou, Dulcie, PoppyD, Mollie43, Elke, Pargayan, Jayjay, Lindy50, Gary and Angelhearts, WHERE ARE YOU ALL?! I do think of you all often and wonder how you are. Historygirl, I know you post elsewhere, I hope you are getting on ok. Xxxx

Well, I am off to watch DALLAS!! Cant wait!

Joan xxxx

wintersocks

Hi Lydia,
Thanks, yes he is. I agree with all you have said, Unless she means the plan for RADS and Arimidex? I do know that I haven't been staged yet...
I hate it when they leave those awful 'half-information messages' it just gets you wondering about the worst, well it does me anyhow!
I wasn't expecting to hear from her as I am seeing my consultant on Monday, and as far as I was concerned I would be getting the results from her (as we discussed when she came to see me on the ward). Also the district nurse is visiting me.
She knows I live on my own with my son and very little support......
Oh well, more waiting I suppose.
WS

chascat

Hi WS
Firstly i'm so sorry you're feeling so anxious, secondly, i'm furious, what a stupid and irresponsible thing for your BCN to say. You've had a CT scan and you know that was clear so can't be related to any spread, they already know what types of cancer you have and the grade so can't be about that, surely that only leaves the number of lymph nodes involved? I can't possibly imagine what she means by need to discuss a plan when they've already told you that the pathology wont change your treatment plan. I think it probably is a good idea for your OH to ring, i'd be the same as you and would be too afraid, but as an outsider looking in, i'm hoping she's just got a terrible way with words. Is your OH going to ring her in the morning?
Chin up
Lydia x

wintersocks

Hello All,
I missed a call and got a message on my phone from my BCN informing me that 'there might be some results' in for me on Friday (following the mx) and that we 'need to discuss a plan'.
I don't know what she means by this and it is freaking me out. I feel quite distressed and tearful about it. I have asked my partner to ring her as I just don't feel I can face any more 'news'
I don't feel like it is ever going to stop.
WS

waiting_too

I hit send by mistake there.

I start planning for rads on Monday and then rads from wednesday onwards. Its about 30 ins away by car.
At the risk of annoying everyone - I got a haircut today 🙂 It was just a trim at the back of my neck with the clippers to straighten out these wispy stray hairs. BUT IT STILL COUNTS as a haircut, as far as I am concerned.

have a good evening ladies.

Clare

waiting_too

Lottie,
since its just one visit why not cover your affected area with vaseline - it will block out the chlorine - like the swimmers who cross the channel. Goose fat might work too but you could attract looks from the smell 🙂
Clare

Wolsty

I had a fantastic time at paralympic swimming last night but wow it was hot in there!! Combined with my hot flushes was a bit tough to deal with. But the atmosphere was brilliant and to see a British girl win a gold medal was so exciting and very moving standing to National Anthem. Tired when I got home!!

Met a lovely lady for lunch today (Franoli - who use to contribute on this site). It was so good to be able to talk to someone who is going through the same thing. Makes me realise how much we will all talk in November.

Jane - I am carrying a rolled up newspaper too.

Jane xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Marchies
Well had a manicure on my finger nails yesterday, and they look heaps better now, the manicurist said that she could see new growth devloping at the nail bed that looked quite strong, so fingers crossed I will eventually have nice nails again.
RAECHI sorry to hear that you had a change of surgery date at the last minute, hope things go smoothly from now until the 11th.
GEORGIE glad that you to have now crossed the rads finishing line. I guess you now have the complete outfit for the wedding. Not long until your holiday.
CARMY glad things are ok for you now you have gone back to work, I think often what we anticipate is often worse than the reality.
CAROLYN lived your description of the hot flishes microwaving us from the inside, guess could be cutting down on the winter heating bill !!!!. Glad all going well now you are back at work.
PARSNIP glad that you are nearing the end of rads, it does seem strange that you do not have to be tied with medical appointments when you first finish but you soon get used to that nice feeling.
TWINKY glad that you are doing ok now you are back at work,I guess it is expected that we will continue to feel tired for sometime yet.
CHASCAT glad that normal rads are finished today, so only a few booster ones left for you to then you will have crossed the finishing line.
DANI hope that you have a lovely break in Cornwall, and that you will get some answers to your questions re your trial.
KQ hope that you will manage to get your watery eyes sorted, I suffered with them whilst on the Tax but after some drops it sorted itself out.
WOLTSY hope that you have recovered from your weekend and the trip on the ZIP WIRE!!!!!. Hope you enjoyed the swimming last night.
CEEJ hope that the hamstring resolves itself, and that rads are going ok. I cannot believe how cold I felt on chemo, now like you I feel warm all the time.
PEANUT sorry you didn't get any different answers from HR.
CAREN glad all ok so far now you are back at work and that you got on ok with Occ Health.
JOAN you are a star sorting us lot out for November. Hope you enjoyed your celebratory meal last night.
WS glad taht you are now drain free. I like Joan had right MX earlier in the year, and I to am still numb on parts of the upper arm, armpit and chest area. It often feels like I am carrying a rolled up newspaper under that arm. I think it will remain like that now. I do avoid repeatedly using my right arm, so use left arm for ironing, gardening etc, and I don't carry anything heavy in that hand. The post op arm exercises are really helpful, even if we don't think so at the time. Sorry Socks still not come back.
LOTTIE the rads will keep working for another 2-4 weeks after treatment finished, maybe worth checking with your bcn nurse what they advise.
BERYL hope you are enjoying your little break, and that the animals are behaving.
Hugs to everyone else
Jane
XX
Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry forgot to sayt to Lottie - You are very close to finishing rads and have to judge by how your skin feels around the treatment area. Perhaps if you could slap on some cream just before it will help to protect it but other than that I don't know what to suggest. If it starts to sting or not feel right when you are in there then get out, take a shower and slap on some more cream. Give yourself some more recovery time before trying it again. Regards Beryl.
Guest user
Not applicable

Afternoon All
Back from our long walk at Westonbert National Arboretum which was lovely and the dog behaved himself. Have to say that that was the longest walk I’ve done since start of treatment and I couldn’t have done it about 3 months ago. Just goes to show how we improve going through this.
Going to try and repeat my messages from yesterday where possible.....
Calmy – The news from Chascat looks encouraging and will hopefully help you with your decision going forward. I had to have 15 normal rads and 4 booster rads because of the type of cancer I had (type 3) but no lymph involvement. My consultant told me the boosters were to treat the tumour area only and to make sure they mopped up or words to that effect. Glad to hear that you are now back at work and all going well. Before you know it you will have finished your rads and through the other end of treatment. If it were me and I know it’s easy for me to say, but I doubt that I would have gone for the other treatment given all the things you have already been through so far. It looks like the booster sessions will do the job given the info from Chascat’s Onc. Wishing you all the best whatever your decision.
Megsmum – Sorry but forgot to congratulate you before on becoming a grandma/nan. I do hope mother and baby are doing well, do let us know his name and how they are. Hope you are getting plenty of cuddles.
Twinky - Back to work for you and hope that everything is going well. Not surprised that you needed a sleep in the afternoon. it will take a while to get stamina levels back to what they were and you have your gigs to contend with as well. It’s nice that we will be able to spend some time with you before you have to leave for your evening gig.
GeorgieB – Nice to hear from you and it won’t be long before the wedding and then a holiday to look forward to. Rads now finished for you too and we’re all slowly getting across the finishing line. Now don’t you go falling over on the new high heels and end up in A&E! What edition of Good Housekeeping did you see the article re BC? When I was at Addenbrooke’s Hospital waiting for rads I’m sure I read an article and it was in GH, if it was the same it was very interesting but I don’t think it was a resent mag.
Parsnip – Not long now before you finish rads as well but you are having a lot of arranging to do with childcare and support, which sounds a bit of a nightmare. No wonder you are feeling tired and I would put it down to a combination of both. I know going through rads that I needed a little nap in the afternoons to top up my battery. I’m sure you will be very relieved when it is all over but with little one back at school you will feel a little strange with no appointments to think about and your time, for the most part, will be yours. A very belated Happy Birthday for last week!
Carolyn – Good that you are now back into the swing of things at work and all is going well. My wig has now been put back in her box but she served me well considering I couldn’t get on with her at first. I’m not wearing anything on my head now unless it’s hot and it needs protection. We came to our daughters and I realised that I’d left all my headwear at home, so we had to go and buy something when we were out yesterday. Decided to buy a baseball cap in beige so that my husband can wear it when I’ve finished with it. I’m not a hat person and didn’t fancy looking for something a little more girlie that wouldn’t get worn much. Have to say that baseball caps are a bit butch looking but what the heck it does the job.
Socks – So pleased to hear that your drains have now been removed and you had a nice caring nurse to do it, which must have made you feel a little less anxious. Sorry to hear that Socks has not made an appearance yet but you never know. Don’t worry about us not being around whilst you are going through rads because we wouldn’t do that to you.
Mary (Peanut) – Hope your soreness is settling down and medication they gave you is working. Not long now before you start your phased return but it makes me wonder why the Trusts don’t all work to the same guidelines with regards to benefits etc. I didn’t buy any clothes at the shops yesterday because I couldn’t be bothered to try anything on. I did get a new mob phone because my old one won’t allow me to access the internet and my contract allows me to do that. Hubby took me out to lunch which was nice and we enjoyed out time at the shops. Sorry to hear that the Tamoxifen is making you feel a bit emotional but it will very likely settle down. My sister was on that for years and I remember her saying it took her a little while to get used to it. She is still taking a daily anti cancer drug 21 years on but the one she takes now is an all purpose one and not just for BC. I guess that when you are insured up to the hilt in USA and they agree to pay then they will keep you on them. I know that they keep a close watch on her even now.
Joan (Patchit) – Eating at the hotel restaurant sounds good, think I’ve said that earlier.
Chascat – Just the boosters to go and you will be over the finishing line as well – well done.
Bettie – Not the sort of thing you want to happen having your first rad delayed and very frustrating. Good that you now know someone going through treatment at the same time and you will hopefully get to meet up each day. They will soon be done and you will be over the finishing line too.
Dani – Enjoy your holiday in Cornwall which I’m sure you will. We went there last year for the first time and loved it. Glad to hear that you are recovering well from your surgery and getting out and about. It will be interesting to hear about the clinical trial when you have been for your appointment later on in the month. Keep us posted on that one please.
KQ – How are your eyes now? One of my eyes used to either get very dry or runny, but I had some false tear eye drops from the Optician in the cupboard and they seemed to do the trick. Can’t remember what they were called and I’m not at home to check. I’m sure that your chemist or local Optician will be able to advise.
Ceej – Losing you posting is very frustrating and happened to me yesterday as well. Now typing away in word because can’t bear for it to happen again. Hope it won’t be long before you can get back to normal with your OH, whatever normal is. How are things on the home front with your temporary visitors? Hope by now you have some space and peace and quiet back.
Raechi – Good that you are considering coming to our get together in November and it will be nice to finally get to meet us all. I know it won’t be long before your surgery and they are getting things in place at Addenbrooke’s for your operation. It’s good to know that they are going to take care of you there given everything that you have already been through. I found them very good when I went for my rad treatment so I’m sure you will be well taken care of with everything in place.
Not heard anything from Dulcie, Amylou, Jayjay, Angelherts, Pargayan, Poppyd, Gary and many more for quite a while and I do hope everything is going OK at the moment. Hopefully we will hear from you soon with an update.
I’m going to finish now because this is all getting so long. Take care all, thinking of you and best wishes. Beryl XX
Ceej

Hi Lottie - i just started rads yesterday and she said that the chlorine would sting, but I would think you'd be ok 🙂

Ceej

Not playin! lost all my post this morning as soon as I press post the website cannot be found!

lottie63

Hi March ladies,
sorry to butt in on your thread but just needed to ask you as you may be in the know !! I have just finished rads ( Monday ) and am wondering if it would hurt if I went swimming at the weekend as going away for a few days, do you think the chlorine would affect me if just a quick dip with grandson ?
Its so lovely to read posts so many finishing active treatment and moving forward ,

Love and respect to all , Janice x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all our lovely ladies
Another lovely day here in Glos and today we are off out to walk the dog (Digger) at an Arboretum (spl?) not too far away. It's good to get out to see different places and it feels a little bit like being on holiday.
Nice to read that everyone is getting through their treatments and getting nearer the end. Having lost all my typed messages last night I'm going to have to get my head around what I want to say to everyone when I get back on the Forum later.
Joan - Having our evening meal at the hotel restaurant sounds fine to me and will be good for anyone wishing to have an earlier night than others. Do we just phone up the hotel to pay deposit or is the restaurant independant? I haen't been on the website to investigate the venue or menu yet to see what is on offer.
Got to finish now and get the washing out on the line before getting on the road. Will be back on later and typing my long post in Word (should have done that in the first place) so I don't end up losing it all again, Joan I know you have been doing that for a long while and it's not the first time I've lost my messages, when will I ever learn?
Bye for now and love/best wishes to all.
Beryl XX
GeorgieB

Gosh what a lot of posts! Your weekend sounds really exciting. I finished rads yesterday - it does feel weird. There is an interesting article in good housekeeping about breast cancer.
I bought the shoes to go with the outfit for my daughters wedding today - I won't be able to walk in them!!
I am not going back to work until November when my pay would have stopped. I decided Iwould rather enjoy the wedding and not be exhausted. love Georgie xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello lovely MMs!
Just a quickie, as I was hoping to have an early night tonight. So today was my first day at work too. After 5 months, phew! I felt a little nervous before coming into the office, and felt self-conscious at times with my head scarf, no bra, glasses instead of contact lenses, extra kilos... but my colleagues gave me big hugs and soon after a catch up it all seemed quite normal again, like before. It really made me feel of all of us women diagnosed. It's like they take our lives away from us for a while. Massive HOORAY to all of us for fighting to get it back. *group hug*
Chascat, wow, that's very interesting, what you were told today about brachy. It really puts my mind at ease so thanks a LOT for that! I'm glad marking you went fine. Hope it goes just as well tomorrow! So close to the end now!
Sorry I can't send individual messages tonight, will write more tomorrow. Sending you all big hugs and hope you all have a pleasant night with sweet dreams and no night sweats.
Carmy xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello ladies

Wow turn your back for a day or two and the posts have multiplied, loads to catch up on. Went back to work yesterday and so far good. Manic few days and slept like a log yesterday, think I definitely needed stimulation of work after this long. Even better day today know what I'll be doing every day now that I'm not actually having my own class, and I get the best of both worls teaching from year 1 (5 year olds) through to year 6 ( 11 year olds). I think it's going to be a good year and I'll get to know so many of the children.

Glad today went well Caren, very liberating to go wigless, it gives us back a bit of normality.

Seems like quite a few of us are returning to work this week, it seemed so long away when we were going through chemo, now it's September and life getting back to normal.
Dani I too had a few stitches that seemed to cling forever, but they did eventually go, so I would just get your BCN to check it to put your mind at ease.

Huge congratulations to Megsmum, do keep us informed about names etc. I love babies, the girl I worked with before all of this is expecting, due November I'm so excited!

I hope you're ok Kitcat, can't believe that's happened regarding letter from radiologist. I hope you've managed to get some answers, I bet the thought of chemo was horrendous. Hoping you get your strength back quickly. I know what you mean about gettinginformation from docs etc, I only seem to have got about 5 or 6 copies of correspondence and I know there must be more. In fact when I went to doc to get repeat prescription for Tamoxifen my gp only had a copy of a letter I gave them when I was diagnosed, so I had to fill her in and luckily she gave me my repeat.
Great to hear your getting on so well Wintersocks, it's a great feeling when the drains come out. On the real recovery road now. We won't go anywhere and will still be here for you during your rads, I mean where else can I talk to so many fellow crusaders at the same time. I'm going to keep with Wintersocks for now as I'm hanging on to the cat returning. 🙂

What a jet setter you are Beryl, and obviously a great mum doing all that for your daughter, they never stop needing us though which is fab.

Again thanks Joan for your organising, the place next to the hotel looks great, so much to choose from. How are we going to pay our deposit? Do we do it direct to the restaurant, or is someone collating it? It's all so exciting I can't wait. Great to hear rads done for you, I too had redness under arm but just found slapping on aqueous cream helped, and like you had a little raised bit but I put some Sudocream on it ( the stuff we used to use for babies nappy rash in a grey rub) that helped and now 3 weeks on from last rads all is good.

Carmy glad your dilemma has been resolved about the brachytherapy thing. As far as I know over here the last sessions are boosters so stronger, I had 18 in total the last three being boosters. Very interesting to read what Chascat said about difference between UK and abroad.

I fully understand about the hot flushes Ceej, I too get mega hot, one consolation though is I was talking to one of my colleagues yesterday who's a year older at 49 and she's getting flushes naturally from age, so it made me think well lots of un bc woman are also suffering like us Tamoxufen induced woman. It's such a Wierd sensation though, the heat seems to come from inside like being microwaved, but I suppose at least it doesn't last too long.
hope you had a great birthdayMarie, can't wait for mine next Feb as it'll be a bc free one, although also a year nearer 50! Id love a surprise pressie like yours as well of £500 lucky you.

Lovely to hear from you Hippo, seems such a long time ago that we were having conversations about cleopatra wigs! So hope you are joining us all in November.
well off to ring sis in law, decided we might visit her in Worcs. this weekend as weather predicted to be nice.
Apologies if I've forgotten anyone. It's great to be moving on and getting life back.

Hugs to all still recovering.

Love Carolyn xxx
Parsnip

Hi everyone, just a quick one unfortunately but I've not managed to post for a while so I thought I'd come on and say hi (and at some point read the pages of posts!). I'm nearing the end of rads and am rather tired, I'm not sure whether it's the rads themselves or the fact I am running all over the county to drop my boy off at friends whilst I have the appointments, seems so much hard work for fifteen minutes of treatment, then trying to get other appointments scheduled around the rads ones and childcare, I will be so glad at the end of the week when that's it. I also had my birthdayalthough end of last week, not sure a dose of x rays was the birthday present I was after though! Think I'm going to feel lost next week with my boy at school and no appointments!
The meal sounds a great plan and gives us all a chance to chat, am very excited about it 🙂
Will try to come back later to catch up properly with everyone, but forgive me if I don't manage until the end of the week!
Xx

Patchit

Hi KQ, yes, I did drive and it was no problem at all. The hospital I went to is about half hour drive away.

Hope that helps!

Joan xx

Kittyqueen

Evening,
Joan, just a quickie post..did you manage to drive to Rads yourself? i really want to be able to do that. Xx

Patchit

Wintersocks, yes my numbness is following my mx and the area is still numb (had mx in January), chest, armpit and upper arm. The feeling did come back to a point, but not completely so I dont think it will now.
Rae, rads is a doddle after chemo! I have worked round my appointments and it was tiring at times, but manageable. In all honesty, it took up to 3 hours per day with the driving and hanging about but I was ok with it as I just felt it was so easy after chemo!
Joan xx

Care_N

Hi Ladies, well first day back at work (well half day anyway) was fine! I wasn’t actually in my office though, had to go to a meeting somewhere else, so the worst is still to come. I went bare-headed, I decided I couldn’t wear a wig, it’s just too hot and uncomfortable.

I also had my HD brows done this morning, and I’m really pleased with them, my brows were still very pale and thin, but she has tinted the tiny blonde hairs, and they now look like proper eyebrows! She has shaped them really nicely too. I think it’s important to say that you want natural looking brows, (definitely no scouse brows!) and I wish I’d had it done later in the day as she did some waxing and threading which left pink marks, but I can definitely recommend them.

Beryl, you must be so frustrated, how annoying! Would you believe I’ve just done exactly the same thing. I pressed backspace to correct a typo and the BCC page disappeared, so I’m now re-typing what I can remember in Word – grrrrrr. What a lovely husband you have – I can’t imagine my husband ever suggesting retail therapy – mind you I don’t need any encouragement! Hope you had a lovely time, and came home with lots of bags! I love John Lewis too.

Rae, so sorry to hear your surgery is delayed, you must be fed up, but it’ll soon be here. Hope you can spend the time doing lots of nice things.

Mary, what a shame that you have to use annual leave and don’t actually get any phased return. I’m surprised the Union reps and RCN allowed such a policy, I’m sure ours would have been fighting that! I don’t know if you can do this, but you could consider taking half days off sick when you feel tired?

Ceej, I’m so impressed that you are keeping so fit – and even considering running! I can manage a walk but that’s all. I will re-join the gym once my rads skin has healed, it’s still broken under my arm, but much better so shouldn’t be long hopefully.

Wolsty, sounds like you had a very energetic weekend! Enjoy the swimming tonight.

KQ, thanks for the ipad information, I’ll definitely be doing that to mine.

Dani, good to hear you’re recovering well, have a fabulous time inCornwall– you might even get some good weather!

Bettie, hope rads went well today, it’s nice to have someone to go with, the time will go so quickly.

Joan, well done, you’re finished! Hope underarm, feet, arms etc are all feeling better today! I think I’ve already said I’m happy with anything, just really grateful for all your organising.

Carolyn, Carmy and Twinky hope work is going ok for you.

Goodness, I must go, it’s 6pm and I haven’t even started dinner – think we might have salad!

Thinking of you all
Caren xx

raechi

Joan,
I really hope to come in November. I could still be having rads. How did you ladies feel on rads? Not too tired?
Rae
X

wintersocks

Hello Ladies,
Rae: That is just annoying when the hospitals are disorganized, especially over something so important as the clot issue. I don't think they have any idea of just how much it messes with our heads when they change things last minute. You are NOT whinging! I have beeen exactly the same (upset and cross) when it has happenend to me. Hope fully all will go smoothly now for you on the 11th. But more waiting...
The district nurse came today to have a quick look where the drains were removed and she said it looks fine, re-dressed it and is coming back on Thurs. My upper arm is quite swollen and numb and I asked her if it was Lymphodema and she said no as it usually goes hard. She advised to keep my arm elevated where poss. So, no hair/eyebrows/eyelashes/breast/nails - and now with the arm in the air!!! -
I am taking brufen/para for the pain which is manageable. Any one else had swollen/numb arm stuff? with mx and ANC. bit worried that's all. Joan I see you describe numbness etc , was this following your mx or after RADS?
Carmy: Thanks ever so for your lovely message. No, the pesky cat has not returned. He is on a number of 'wanted' posters now placed at various sites - but nothing doing, I think if he was knocked down someone would have found him as I live in a small town. Have you made a decision re brachy-thingy?
Twinky: Do you feel settled into work now? I don't know what I will do when more recovered as I had to stop my job (full -time gardening). My employers did behave rather unfairly towards me , but I was in such a state following dx, that I did not feel able to challenge them.
Bettie: Has your tiredness passed? did you meet up with your friend and get RADS1 done? was it ok?
Ceej: I can't decide whether to go to OH. he doesn't live in Hull but that's where I get the train to. I am in 2 minds.
Peanut: have pm'd you my exact location as don't want to be identified cos of my son.
There are a few ladies who have not posted for a bit Poppy, Dulcie, JayJay, Amylou. I do hope they are doing ok.
As the district nurse is not coming now until Thurs I might try and motivate myself to go for a walk tomorrow. I must confess I am finding it difficult to get out of this 'slump' sometimes. I really wish the hair was longer so I could go out without feeling self-concious (sp?) There still seems so much around the sides, but not on top!!
Dani: Lovely! Cornwall! I do hope you enjoy yourself and that James's is recovering too!
KQ - I had the watery eye thing with TAX and swollen they were too. My BCN told me to put a hot flannel on them.
Woolsty - did you really go down a zip Wire??? yes, 9 appointments is bonkers! - but is like that sometimes - I have none this week.
Beryl: buy anything nice? Yes, I am so much looking forward to meeting every one as well. Gabbylamb: I too have lost 2 1/2 fingernails and my toenails on the right foot look very bruised (TAx again). Yukky yuk.
Chascat- I hope things are ok with you.
Love
WS

Patchit

Hello ladies, quick post as I am off out for a meal to celebrate end of active treatment!

I have booked the colmore restaurant for our meet-up! The table will be set up as an L-shape so that they can get us all on the same table. We need to make our food choices and pay them a £5 per head deposit as they will be in their festive season by then. Deposit and food order need to be with them 1 month before the booking so by 10th October. I haev asked whether we can book our food choices from the meal deal menu and will lety you know when I hear back. Goodness, I hope this is all ok?!

Rae, just wanted to say sorry you have had a delay with your op. Addenbrookes is great though and I am sure you will get first class treatment there. Are you still having the same surgeon? Also, did you give any thought to joining us in November? Be lovely if you could....
Joan xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Well I've been typing all this for ages and had better finish.
This is all I have left of my messages after inadvertantly pressing the wrong button! I'm so mad at myself I could swear! There's no way that I can repeat it all again. Needless to say I'm thinking of you all and when I can get my fingers to act properly on this laptop I will try again. Love to all Beryl XX
raechi

Hiya WS,
Los glad to see you seem to coping well post surgery. Its has put my mind at rest a bit. My surgery had turned in to a bit if a farce. I was all set to have it doneThursday with ore op today. I then got a phone call last evening to say they want to do my surgery at addenbrookes so a change of hospital. It's all to do with my clot which I have had since may so why they didn't make this decision earlier I don't know. The reAston they gave me for it is that I mnot need access to a clot specialist if there is an emergency and they don't have one at the private hospital where I was having my surgery.
Its all so last minute, I could have cried last night. I do know it's In my best interests, but I was all psyched up.
Ah well , roll on the 11th now.
Love to all,
Sorry for whinging.
Rae
X

chascat

Carmy, have been marked up today by my onc for my rads boosters, just using a pen, nothing to worry about. I asked her about brachytherapy, she said we haven't used it for BC in the UK for about 30 years and that the external beam booster is actually better, she said for some reason they do like to use brachytherapy in Europe but there's no need to anymore so don't worry about choosing not to have it, sounds like you made a good choice

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone
Remains lovely and sunny here, been out for a walk on the prom and am not getting ready to go for my last lot of massages as back to work next week!!
Beryl- Enjoy john Lewis, hope you get some good stuff, some sales still on, called in to Monsoon this morning and bought a top for hols reduced from £32 to £16 so am happy!
EBHippo- great to hear you are back to work. Thats the only thing i am worried about is the tiredness, going to be working part time for 4 weeks so hope i cope!
Ceej- Great to hear you are begining to do normal things like getting your nails done and dying your hair. My nails are a mess and my hair still very slow growing but I suppose after all we have been through its not too bad!
Kitcat- Sorry to hear you have been poorly and how awful for you to have such poor communication with your medical staff, you think they of all people should know what they are talking about but at least you have had reassurance from onc.
Marie67- hope you had a fab birthday. I spoke to HR and I will have to use my A/L for phased return, its policy, bit of a bummer but will have to go with it.
WS- bit of a hassle having to chase district nurses but at least your drains are out now and you can move around better. Where do you live if train goes past your house?
Carmy- great to hear you are feeling better getting more info on Brachytherapy and you are able to make an informed decision on what to do, thats the way it should be. dont know why the medics dont share enough info with us.
Patchit- Restaurant at hotel fine with me, I saw that deal for £22, would be good if we got that but no worries if not. Last rads for you Yeah! My armpit is very numb also as is part of my arm, back and boob!
Twinky- good to hear you are back at work also, goodness you must have been tired sleeping for 3 hours! I am going to do mornings only to start with so i could sleep in afternoon if needed. I can imagine it will be tiring!
Bettie- My moods have been terrible on tamoxifen, OH was getting annoyed with me the other njight as i exploded at him for no reason and I do know there was no reason but onc says moods may settle down! If they dont I am not sure i want to continue with them for 5 years!! Will have to see.
Danigirl- Enjoy Cornwall!
KQ- Great to hear you enjoyed your party.
Wolsty- Zipwire!! Goodness last time I was on one if them was at GoApe in the Lake district!! Got stuck half way and had to swing about till I got to end, never again!!
Gabbylamb- My skin has broken under my boob, have to dress it every day and got some cream for it also my nipple was raised and very red and is now peeling but my boob generally is sore with stabbing pains, I am now 2 weeks post rads but doc says it should settle, hope so!!
To everyone else hope you are ok and lookingt forward to meeting up in Nov. Thanks again Joan for all your organising.
Mary xxx
Ceej

Hi ladies
Another sunny day and I’m in my windowless office – oh well – a job is a job! At least I’m leaving early for the hospital today. My sports massage was great tho I seem to have pulled the muscle in my bum cheek (hamstring she says) so I’m really stiff today! No gym for me tonight! I’m almost thinking about joining a local running club as I’m the sort of person that if I cant do it and want to learn to do it – I just get out of breath too quick! So we will see.
WS – Yeah life is getting a “bit” back to normal – once the OH’s parents go home in a couple of weeks then I will relax a bit more. OH is in Hull today – I know the festival starts on Thursday and continues over the weekend so I am ASSUMING that he will drive back down here and pick his parents up and take them back to Hull for the festival. I don’t know if that will be Thursday or Friday – so obviously if it’s Thursday he wont be asking me to go with him as I have rads and work – he MAY well say he wants me to go on Friday – all depends on the sleeping arrangements in his flat ! don’t think Ill know til the last minute as usual! We WILL catch up there. Glad to hear you’re getting there slowly.
Pachit – I’m thinking I may just be with you for lunch as it’s a Sat and normally the only time I get with my OH, but I’m not absolutely sure about that, I’m still wondering whether I’ll get the train too (New Street am guessing) as it only takes 20 mins and Ive never driven in Brum. I MAY however be in Worcester, in which case OH would drop me off and pick me up. Sorry wish I could be more concrete – but that’s what happens when you’re with someone like my OH! Who never seems to know until the last minute what his diary holds! Am looking forward to it tho!!
KQ – I too suffer with “dry eyes” – I was told years ago that my tear ducts don’t work properly, and my eyes are always having blurring, watery moments. Pachit is right, it is cos they’re dry, and I use drops every morning (I got loads free from the GP too) and that just helps. Oh and thanks for the Ipad settings – done!
Bettie – Tamoxifen is weird for me – my neck is definitely hot all day! And I’ve realised it’s not hot flushes in bed anymore it’s just constant hot and I cant sleep with the fan pointed at my head! It’s quite worrying really, as I’ve always felt the cold, and now I feel like a lighted match!
Gabby - yes it's comforting to speak to someone who knows EXACTLY what you're going through. I've found that noone in my immediate circle really understands, and even a friend from my old work who had a MX 20 years ago only had radiotherapy so I didnt feel I could talk to her about chemo. Oh well onwards and upwards!!
Virtual hugs to everyone xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Joan yes a meal a the hotel sounds fine for me, I have googled their website and checked out the veggie options.
Catch up with posts later
Jane
Guest user
Not applicable

Joan, very happy with all you have sorted re our meet up. I will be having evening meal with you all, and I must now look at the times the trains leave to get me home!! Thank you thank you thank you!!
Glad you have some answers Carmy and are feeling calmer!!?? 🙂
I am very sore under my boob now and the nurse gave me some gell and a dressing to wear. My nipple area on that boob is more raised and red, did anyone else have this?
Lost half a finger nail a couple of days ago, very uncomfortable and unsightly!
I havent met any of you from here, and not really had anyone face to face to talk to who is going through the same, until I went foir rads yesterday and sat next to a lady who is in the same place currently. It was lovely to talk to her and helped me such a lot, I envy those of you who have been able to meet up, and cant wait for November.
Guest user
Not applicable

WHOOPS hadn't quite finished and must have caught the post key.
Have to go now but I will be back later to catch up and post again. Just realised that there's another page of messages I haven't read yet!
Best wishes to all and take care
Beryl XX
Guest user
Not applicable

Morning lovely ladies
Just a quick post because we are due out shortly. Hubby is taking me to a shopping centre because he thinks I need some retail therapy and do something normal. We hace terrible shops where we live and we either have to drive to Norwich or Peterborough which is over an hour away. I love John Lewis so we will certainly be going in there.
Socks - So lovely to hear from you and glad that you have now had your drains removed which much be such a relief. Also that you had a caring nurse which would have made all the difference to you. Sorry that little Socks hasn't made an appearance yet but you never know. I've been watching a lot of the Para Olympics and they have been brilliant to watch so far. The athletes are such an inspiratrion and I get quite emotional wathing them all achieve not matter how well they do. I wish they would be more positive about the colour of the medal they win. To win any medal is fantastic and I think the presenters should instill that to them instead of making them feel otherwise. I'm especially thinking of the table tennis player who said he'd let everyone down and that he was sorry he only got the silver! He should be proud of his silver and move forward and celebrate his achievement. It will be nice to meet you in November and all of our other ladies, before we know it we will be upon us.
H
Wolsty

Morning Ladies

I had a fantastic weekend away with my old schoolfriends and OH's. Partied too much but really enjoyed myself. Not sure going down a zip-wire was such a good idea though!! Pulled my reconstruction a bit but all's OK

A busy day ahead today - 8th rads session then a counselling session and then I am going over to the Olympic Park to watch the swimming this evening. My girls are back at school today for one hour only so then will enjoy a nice afternoon with them before they are back full time tomorrow. The house will seem very quiet without them.

Joan - well done on all your plans for our weekend. The restaurant linked to the hotel sounds great and good value. I did have a look at a couple of other options but to be honest they were coming out quite expensive to have use of a private room so I think the option of a cordoned off area is much better. Glad your rads have finished - I have another 18 to go!!! This week I have 9 medical appointments - it's mad!!!

Carmy - glad you are feeling better about your treatment - its good when the medical profession take the time to explain in detail our options - makes things much clearer in our heads - then we only have to remember what they have said which is not always easy with chemo-brain!

Dani - enjoy Cornwall - hope the weather is good for you.

Bettie - Sorry rads were cancelled - will you start today now? I haven't started on tamoxifen yet - am seeing my onc on Friday so maybe he will suggest a start date. Not in any great hurry - already suffering from hot flushes and don't want them to get any worse.

Wintersocks - so pleased you are recovering well and have had the drains removed - that was one of the weirdest experiences I have had. Felt like one of the tubes was so far inside me that it had to snake its way out.

Kitcat - sorry to hear your news and that information has been kept from you - very upsetting. Hope you start to feel better symptom wise - lots of rest xx

Off for a shower now and to apply stuff to my rads area - I have been given a mixture of aloe vera and an oil which seems to be doing the trick so far.

Enjoy the sunshine

Jane x

Kittyqueen

Morning MM's,
Raining here at the min. Party was really good on Saturday night but I think Instayed too long and wore myself out as felt sooo tired Sunday and yesterday. Am ok now though :))))
Ceej...Re Ipad...go to settings, general, then keyboard, you'll see auto correction as second one down so just slide it to off and you'll have an annoynace free ipad...it is so much better.
Twinky...think that is a goid idea re mobile numbers as I am terribly prone to getting lost/late or delayed lolol
Patchit...Whoooo Rads all done that's brill, well don you...I don't think I'll even be stating till mid to end of Sept...shoild be finished by November lol Any combination for the meal is fine with me, sounds great having had a nosey at the menus already
Danigirl...Hope you have a lovely break in Cornwall, it is such a beautiful place x
Carmy...Pleased you fell better about the brachybtherapy..I too am haing the four booster sessions as my lump was close to the surface on the undersideof my breast.
BerylS...Hooe the dog behaved in the car and you had a lovely walk.
My eyes are still watering and driving me nuts so will ask onc for soemthing at next week when I go for Herceptin. Think am being threatened with some kindof drug too even though I was only slightly er/pr+ sowill have to see..
Have alovely day all
Love
KQ

Jo_BCC

Hi Dani,

If you would like to give the helpline here a ring they should be able to tell you more about the Supremo trial you refer to. Lines open at 9am until 5pm today 0808 800 6000.

Hope this helps. Take care,

Jo, Facilitator

Danigirl501

Hello Marchies
Apologies for not posting sooner and in reply to Joan I will be joining you in the evening too in our November get together.
Am recovering well from surgery and wounds are healing although can still see couple of stitches that haven't fallen out yet. Been told they will at some point. My next appointment with PS is 13th however my OH is taking me to Cornwall Wednesday for 5 days and am grateful of the time away for change of scenery.
I have oncologist appointment booked for 21st but am looking to get it brought forward as I want to know more about the clinical trial SUPREMO with regards radiotherapy.
We celebrated my OH's birthday this weekend and safe to say he is recovered after much alcohol induced partying! He said it will be a birthday (and year) he will never forget.
To all who are recovering from surgery stay strong and to all who have finished Rads or about to embark on first course well done on getting this far.
Enjoy the Indian Summer!
Love Dani XX

chascat

Well done on finishing rads Joan x

Bettie

Hi- hope you're all ok. Was due to start 20 sessions of rads today but the first one was cancelled. I was so upset and got really emotional - the tamoxifen are also really affecting my moods - has anyone else noticed? Anyway hopefully start tomorrow and have a rads friend- someone I met on here so we will be going together which will be great.
The weather is going to be lovely all week so hope I get to have some time in the garden.
Short post as I am very tired
Nite Nite
Bettie x

Patchit

Hello MM’s

Well, last rads done and dusted for me now! Woo Hoo! Its such a good feeling and whatever will I do with the extra 3 hours a day?! My armpit is quite sore now, cant understand why as its also numb! The scar under my arm is sore and I have a lump at the end of it, guessing that is scar tissue or an ingrowing hair or maybe a pimple! I wish I had known that my armpit would be affected by the rads, I only had rads to my chest wall, so didn’t put aqueous cream on my armpit until after it started to go pink. My chest wall is absolutely fine and I am convinced that is because I have applied aqueous cream ever since my mx back in January (all you ladies who have just had surgery, please take note!). My feet have also started peeling and I have a fungal infection on them (remnants of chemo?!). Both my arms are uncomfortable, one from having chemo and one from having rads. The veins on the back of my hand are still red from the transfusions. Other than that, I am absolutely fine!! Tee Hee! I was just thinking about the after effect of the treatment this evening and realised that I still have a way to go yet.

Megsmum, CONGRATULATIONS! Its good to hear baby and mum are doing well, despite the difficult birth. Xxx

KQ, how are your eyes now? I had to have some drops for dry eyes when I was having chemo. Although they were weeping, it was because they were in fact dry! Hope you had a nice time at the birthday party.

Waiting too, Clare, hope your cold subsided. Did you get your rads sorted? How many sessions do you have to have?

Beryl, how are you getting on with the house sitting? Hope all the animals are behaving!

EBHippo, nice to hear from you again and I’m glad that you are getting your life back again! Take it easy, you have been through a tough time and deserve to get back in the swing of work gently! Hope you are still able to join us in November.

Ceej, hope your nails sort themselves out! It sounds like your niece has really embraced a new way of life! That’s great, to learn something from a hard time in your life, well done to her, no wonder you are proud of her. I hope your shoulders benefitted from the sports massage.

Kitcat, that’s dreadful what happened to you! We shouldn’t have to worry about basic stuff when we are going through treatment. We should be able to rely upon being informed if that is what we have asked for. I am really sorry to hear you are still suffering so much. Your tiredness, is that mainly due to the double doses you had? I am sure there was someone else having double doses too, but cant remember who it was now.

Carmy, glad to hear you have spoken to your onc about your brachy and that she has put your mind at rest and answered your questions. Good luck with your decision and with the rest of your rads.

WS, glad to hear you have your drains out and that everything is going well with your recovery. I remember getting shooting pains along the line of my drain, but they did ease in time. I am soooooooooooo sorry to hear that Socks has not reappeared. Big hug, it must be so hard not knowing where he is. I agree with you, it does seem quieter on here at the moment, natural I suppose, but don’t worry, I am sure you will have plenty of company until you have finished your rads.

Twinky, glad you have gone back to work and hope you manage to increase your hours over the next few weeks ok. Yes, I will sort out mobile numbers nearer the time for our meet up. Sorry you cant stay to the evening meal, but it will be lovely to see you in the day time.

I am off to bed now, have a good night ladies, I still keep thinking about several ladies who we haven’t heard of from a good while.

Joan xxxx

chascat

Carmy - I finish my "normal" rads on Wednesday, will be marked up by my onc tomorrow (whatever that means!) for the boosters which will start on Thursday x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone
Hugs to Kitkat over your doctor/information issues! Poor you. What a nightmare. Hugs to Joan too for organising our meet up. I can't stay for the evening meal as I will need to be picked up by hubby about 6pm. Hoping to have lunch with some of you though & a trip on the canal in the afternoon. Perhaps Joan you might like to collect mobile numbers from everyone who is coming so we can get in touch if we are lost/delayed/late etc & to find out where everyone is! Looking forward to it as the only person I have met so far is Chascat.
First day back at work today. Doing 2 days split over 4 half days & increasing hours to full time (& full wages) over the next 6 weeks. Felt self conscious with my short grey hair, hat & dodgy looking nails ( and extra weight too) but currently working with a new team of people who don't know me so I look normal to them! Came home & had a nap this afternoon....slept for 3 hours before the phone woke me! Must have needed the rest.

Hugs to all

Twinky x
Carabel

Just a quick note to Joan. Will do personals later!
Thanks so much for all your organising. All sounds great to me. Thanks also for your info re trains from Glasgow. Think I am going to fly. Its not too much more expensive and is so much quicker. Looks like flight will get in at 12.30 so not sure how long it will take me to get to hotel. I believe there is a train goes from airport direct to New Street which is near hotel (I think). So hoping to be at hotel by 1.30.
Am really looking forward to it.