cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

amylou29

Re: Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

Evening ladies
Really quick post but wanted you all to know Im still here every day. sending big hugs and kisses to everyone. Joan Im keeping everything crossed for you and sending you a little extra squeeze for today.
Can't wait to meet everyone
sweet dreams x x x x

amylou29

waiting_too

Hi ladies,

Reading the posts, particularly those who are anxious about the future reminds me that we may be coming to the end of the physical battle and we still need to push through to complete the psychological one. I don't think we will ever judge one another - this is our safe place' so write what you need to write. I don't feel anxiety right now - but then I think that you ladies are a bit further ahead than me so maybe my time is just around the corner. I would say please DO, go get help. Remember our motto: Ask for What you Need. I will when / if the time comes.

DANI - do the rads, tesoro - 'è facile e poi si è finito per sempre'

11 done 18 more ot go for me.

Socks - I'm still here too babe. You stretching ? Swimming something? it really helps and I have Patchit, Beryl and others ot thanks for helping me focus.

hugs to the rest,

Clare

berylS

Gabby - Your words are very thought provoking and couldn't have put it better myself. Yes, we have had everything thrown at us and at least we know that. Everyone keeps telling me how well I look, which is great but I don't know what they are expecting me to like at this stage - a quivering wreck perhaps? Oh, and you've been so strong and handled it very well - right.........!

I've had a bowel cancer kit sent to me now which you get when you reach a certain age. All I need now is for that to come back needing investigation! God help us............

I'm watching and waiting for Joan to message us so we know she's OK.

Beryl XX

Gabbylamb

Dani - I too was DEAD against having rads, in fact after chemo finished and I heard I was to have 25 rads sessions I was totally geared up to tell the radiotherapist that I refused to do it. I had had enough, travelling 1 and a half hours to hospital, I just wanted my life back. BUT! I posted my feeelings on here and many ladies wrote back, one in particualr (think it may have been Marie???) told me that to refuse something that could finally zap the last reminents of a nasty in my system was not something to be considered, she said to think of 5 weeks more after all I had been through was nothing compared with the life ahead of me, and how fortunate we are in this country that we have every possible treatment available to us for this dreadful disease. It really put it in perspective for me and I felt very guilty that I hadnt just said Thank you Very Much for all I am offered to make me cancer free. I honestly am glad I did it, and the five weeks went suprisingly quicklly and I met many nice people along the way. I now know I have done EVERYTHING I can to give me the best chance, and that gives me peace of mind.
Dark thoughts are still around of course, but I tell myself after all the treatment my body has been through HOW CAN ANYTHING HAVE A HOPE OF LIVING INSIDE ME TO CAUSE DAMAGE!! We have lost our hair, our nails, our boobs or part of, our white cells have been killed time and time again, but ALL (apart from a boob) is and has returned and our bodies are regenerating themselves with healthy clean beautiful cells.
If, IF, this cancer comes back, it wont be because we did not do EVERYTHING to kill it off. Come on girl, you can do it, its the last race before the winners line. 🙂

berylS

Hello Again

Dani - My sister didn't have radiation after her recon because she had chemo/rads when she had her first tumour in breast. Then 10 years later she had another lump so they did MX/recon then. Apparently you can't have rads to same area so they just did recon and she took anti cancer drugs, which she still takes now 11 years on (21 years in total). She didn't have chemo second time round either, both times her tumours have been small and were detected on mams. They check very regularly over in the States with all sorts of scans, blood tests and mams, so she has been well monitored over the years. She was only 40 1/2 when she had her first tumour, which was picked up on a routine mam which she wouldn't have had here at that age.

Marie (Jane) - I have my follow up Onc appointment on 15 Oct but not been asked to have a blood test before hand. What are they checking for if that's not a stupid question to ask? If he doesn't mention one at the appointment then I'm going to ask etc. Glad everything's going OK at work.

Had a good day today and enjoyed myself at ten pin bowling but didn't bowl very well. Lunch out with ex work colleaques was lovely but I ate to much. Had a nice bunch of flowers given to me and one of my friends had her little baby girl with her. She is only 6 months old and was so well behaved, I had lots of cuddles!!!!!!!!

Love to all and best wishes.

Beryl XX

wintersocks

Lovely Joan,
Phew! Thinking of you and knowing that we will all have to do this!! It's ok for you to have the wobbles....we are all wobbling with you! and holding your hand.

WSX

Kittyqueen

Hoping all goes well for you this afternoon Joan, Bug hugs xxxxx
Love
Kq

chascat

Joan, thinking of you this afternoon, you too Jane, the thought of having any more tests just fills me with dread, don't think i'll cope very well when my turn comes around but I know we're all in the same boat. I don't see my Onc until next summer, just the mammogram and surgical team in January, part of me wishes it was more but then as my BCN pointed out, do I really want the level of anxiety that will go with each check up?

Marie_67

Hello MM'S
Well 2nd half day back at work, been out doing visits today, my arm feels like it has had a work out and the area around my is quite tight, but then I haven't used that arm so much in a long time. It was nice to get out there and get stuck in with dressings etc again, although had forgotten how manky some of the houses were thank gooodness for Alcohol gel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well tomorrow I have to go for a blood test before I see Onc next week, will be the first sort of tests I have had since June, so will probably be fretting about the results for a week before I get to see Onc.
Got sun here at present , though am sure it won't last.
Will check in later.
Jane.
XX

Kittyqueen

Morning MM's,
Still having trouble with internet connection so quickie post just in case I lose it all.....can't even post from home as all net things are connected to work !!!!!
Wintersocks, my fave time is Autumn too.....I love the colours and the cold mornings, well I do have 6 layers on before I go to work :)))
Rads was fine yesterday.....hopped on table in my XXXl beautiful gown..would fit 3 at least...anyone welcome lolol...there for 10 mins, 15 in total and out...how lucky was that....wish the drive was only 10 mins and not 45 each way though...however can't have everything.
Danigirl...Raising glass too...................I've been trying very hard not to have dark thoughts, I know we can't help it sometimes but it is like Beryl's sister says it is negative energy and negative energy is not good for us.....xxx
Hugs to all thinking og you
Love
KQ

Danigirl501

Joan - I am positive the results will be ok. We are all here for each other.
big hug.
XX

Patchit

Bless us all ladies, you have brought tears to my eyes with all your lovely words, understanding and concern for each other. This thread has truly been a blessing. I am feeling really anxious about my results this afternoon. Sensible head says, all will be fine and even if it isnt, treatment will be available. Silly head says they have found cancer in the other breast and I wint be here in a few months time. Sorry to souond so dramatic. I am not usually like this. I usually keep things in perspective and take things as they come. I am not normally a drama queen so forgive me dear ladies for getting this off my chest. Thank you for your words of wisdom and support. I will post this evening and let you know how I get on.
Joan xxxx

Danigirl501

Meant from the heart Lydia. Keep smiling. You have a lovely smile so KEEP smiling pretty lady.
Love and hugs.
X

chascat

Dani, what lovely words x

Danigirl501

Beryl - thanks for sharing re RADS. Deep down I know that the treatment will help in lowering recurrence rate, I just question everything. I take it your sister had radiotherapy after her recon?
I'm waiting for the phone call to tell me planning day and then it will be 15 sessions of Rads....
it's a week since i started Tamoxifen and haven't felt any SE's however still early days I suppose. I read that the weight gain is actually water retention and am wondering whether diuretics may help. Have booked appointment to discuss with GP today.
Any dark thoughts that anyone of us have should securely tighten them in a box and leave them there. Yes we are angry/frustrated/sad about our diagnosis BUT we have to make the most of our lives and treat each day as a blessing... We have met here for a reason and we have a bond that many would envy. I am looking forward to meeting all in November and raising a glass to celebrate our resilience and fortitude.
i send love and happy thoughts to ALL my March Girls.
Dani XX

Bettie

Carol - my sentiment has always been to be proud to be bald and beautiful but its what you're cofortable with. My hair looks really odd at the moment but I still won't wear a scarf or wig unless it gets much colder. So I'll be there commando and I do look odd!

Sue x

berylS

Just caught the wrong key on key board and lost my post darn it.........

Morning MM's

I know how you feel with the dark thoughts but none of us know what tomorrow will bring so I try not to let myself go there. I just take each day as it comes and try and get the most out of it and if I don't fancy doing anything then so be it. My sister in the States understands about these feelings because she's been there herself, but she says it's just wasted energy that can be steered into recovery. Not easy I know but we have to move on and get through each test as it comes and I know I will be very anxious ref results each time. So, chins up ladies, look outside regardless of the weather and take a deep breath we are still here and it's another day!!!!!!!!!!

Went to a MS coffee morning yesterday and met some lovely ladies who find most things a struggle everyday. They have been such a support to me going through this, even with their problems and I have found it very humbling. The host of the coffee mornings DIL has been diagnosed with BC and had an MX and her first chemo. She is struggling a bit so told her to let DIL know of BCC website and Forum if she doesn't already know. Also told her about our meet up in November and how much support I've had from being able to message ladies going through this. She thought it was wonderful that we could do this and that we are planning a meet up soon. If her DIL wants to speak to me about things then to let her have my contact info and I'd be happy to talk to her and give her some support. It just goes to show that no matter where you go or who you meet there's somebody who knows someone that's going through this.

Joan - Will be thinking of you today when you go for your results. Hope all goes well and I'm sure you will be back on when you can to let us know.

Socks - Don't you worry we will be here to see you through to the end and beyond. Wont be long before you are joining us to.

Wolsty - Nearly finished rads and you will be done also, well done. I had to go to the dentist a couple of weeks ago and all was OK but I was so nervous about poss of having to have anything done. Dentist (lady) was so nice and understanding because of what I'd been through and tried to put me at my ease, which makes a change. My hair's coming back also and getting a lot of comments on how well it's doing and how it suits me etc. Time will tell on that one......

Marie (Jane) - Glad work is going OK and you are getting back into the swing of things. I'm sure it will take a little while for your normal stamina to come back.

Mary (Peanut) - Likewise for you and hope that you enjoy your time away with daughter and lovely grand-daughter.

Ceej - Sorry to hear about your soreness and needing treatment to get it better, hope that it calms down and gets better soon.

Twinky - How did the gig go? Hope you managed to get through it OK and you weren't too tired at the end.

KQ and Amylou - How did your first rads go? Hope they went smoothly and you were not kept waiting too long.

Dani - I can understand you not wanting rads but it's the last part of the jig saw with regards to treatment, and they wouldn't want to give it to you unless they thought it wasn't necessary. I know I keep saying my 'sister in the States' but she told me to take everything offered, then you know that you have thrown everything at it and will not have any regrets later on. This may or may not help you but it did me when making decisions about treatment. Rads are a doddle compared to any other treatments we've had. Apart from the soreness I was OK and now I'm only putting on the cream twice a day.

I'm going Ten Pin bowling this morning with a group of ladies from the WI and then off out to lunch with two ex work colleagues. Will have to go now and get ready but I'm sending my best wishes to all and huge hugs to those that need one.

Take care and sorry I couldn't send personals to all this morning but I'm thinking of you....

Beryl XX

wintersocks

Hello Girls,
Me too having those dark thoughts. I try to put it to one side, but every now and then it makes me catch my breath when I realise the seriousness of it all.....I have had one of those days today.
And I am not even started on RADS yet.
Rain and more rain here in the Pennines, but so far no floods. I like Autumn - it is my favorite season. I always find summer a little vulgar... too much noise.
Oh dear, these are my late night musings after a 'down' day. Better say goodnight. xx

Wolsty

Hi Ladies

Absolutely know where you are coming from about not wanting to post because keen to move on from BC but also being very anxious about the future. I have had a few counselling sessions which have definitely helped but its still a worry not knowing whats round the corner.

Had 23rd rad session today so only 2 more to go - hooray. Then spent another hour in the dentist's chair having an injection and fillings replaced. Would just like a break from anything medical!! On that note am going out for dinner tonight with 4 lovely girlfriends so should be fun.

My hair is growing in all directions into a very random style - only about half an inch long but very thick!

Jane x

pargayan

Afternoon all
Gabbylamb - I so know where you are coming from re it being harder to post. I do read through all the posts though I do not comment that often.

Marie - I have to apologise as I meant to text you to wish you luck on your return to work but chemo/hormone brain struck and I forgot, glad it went ok, though not so glad that your mind would not allow you to sleep. Hope tonight is better. Got results for OH and have been told he is ok to travel. All we have to do now is sort out some insurance for the both of us - that will be fun!! Neck has healed beaitifully thank you - the intrasite gel worked a treat.

KQ, Wintersocks and Dani - good luck with the rads. As everyone has said they are so much easier than chemo. I did however find it hard to lie there knowing I was being zapped but not being able to see it. I think this feeling is quite common - I know someone else mentioned it a few pages back, but it can be done and it will zap anything that might have been left behind is so worth it. The machine is quite noisy though - my OH had a wobble whan he realised that the noises he could hear were from my treatment. Juat remember the cream, slap it on and have beautiful soft skin.

Parsnip - I think how you are feeling is normal. The first 6-8 months or so are so like being on a conveyor belt moving from one form of treatment to another with no time to think and then we are dumped in a heap on the floor when the main treatment is finished. Unfortunately it seems that just when we finally have the time to analyse what we have been through, the support is no longer there and the mind runs riot. I am also receiving help to try and come to terms with it all - did not do this first time round when I should have. Hope you get some good help from macmillan.

Dulcie - glad to see you are still posting, I hope that you get the best treatment which you deserve from the RM. I also hope that your OH is diagnosed and started on his treatment asap.

Take care everyone and soon we will all be finished apart from the hormones and herceptin where applicable and able to start rebuilidng our lives. xxx

Marie_67

Hello All
Gosh can't believe such a change in the weather, this time last week I was in sunny Somerset, now down there they have major floods, here in Norfolk it is sunny but windy at present, though think rain clouds threatening.
Didn't sleep much last night as head still spinning from returning to work, it was like I had been taking them lovely ST Eroids again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KQ good luck with the rads, guess that is not a great time for parking there.
CEEJ hope your OH is ok with the weather in Hull. Hope that the sore area improves and that you don't have to model NHS finest underwear today. I have nevere worn my wig, my hair is about 1" long ang grey,I haven't worn anything on my head for ages so will be going commando in Nov, except if it is freezing cold then may wear a hat.
DANI hope you get some answers re your rads and then you can make decision.
GABBYLAMB,yes these skin infections are something else aren't they, just when you think you have finished with all the nasty stuff. My antibiotics are finished and luckily I didn't get thrush.
PARSNIP I think it is quite NORMAL for us to have concerns about the slightest thing.
PARAGYAN hope ther sore areas have settled on your neck now. Any news on OH's results yet.?
JOAN thinking of you tomorrow, I think if I remember that's when you get your mamogram results.
CHASCAT good luck with the flying at the weekend.
PEANUT hope you are doing ok at work and things have got easier and you are less tired, enjoy time with your daughter.
MEGSMUM hope you are doing ok and spending time with that new little grandson. When do you plan to return to work?
GEORGIE hope your feet are settling down after your hol, and that they will be ok to fit into the shoes for the wedding.
RAECHI hope that you are doing ok after your surgery.
AMYLOU hope that your children are better and that you are all sorted with the rads.
WS hope that the weather isn't presenting you with too many problems.Glad the. seroma has stared to shrink
POPPY hope that all your sore areas are improving and that your son is doing ok.
JAYJAY hope you are feeling much better than the last time you posted, you must be due to make your tv appearance soon, you must let us know the date if you can.
WAITING TOO hope you are doing ok with your rads and the soreness.
CAROLYN hope things have all slotted into place now you are back at work full time.
WOLTSY glad that you can continue with the hereceptin.
BERYL hope it's not too windy on the coast for you today, hope you are enjoying all your social activities
Hope those we haven't heard from for a while are doing ok.
Now off to visit elderly Gran
Love Jane
XX

Kittyqueen

Hi All,
Not had any internet for nearly 2 days due to so called upgrade grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!
Wintersocks...Yes I start rads today..............got to be there for 3pm and then I get my scheduled appointment list..yummy :)))))) so will post later...
Def not going to hospital in my wig today as can hardly hold brolly up in the wind and I bet the bloom'n thing would fly off right in the middle of a busy road:))))
Back later
LOve
KQ

Danigirl501

MMorning well done Ceej although I'm not instilled with confidencas with your being strapped up like a chicken?? I meet rads specialist today to discuss my treatment. Not really wanting rads but was told I will need 15 sessions. He will have to convince me I need it!

Lydia good luck with flying course!

love to all
Dani Xx

Ceej

Morning ladies
Hope everyone is feeling ok today. Last rads for me later and I have to see the rads consultant and the skin nurse. I’m only feeling a little sunburnt but as the nurse said, it will continue to get worse before it gets better so catch it in good time. She trussed me up like a chicken yesterday with cream and a big dressing and said to keep it on overnight if poss and see her again today – had to leave the hospital with no bra on and these stretchy hospital knickers that they had made into a makeshift boob tube – all rather surreal!
Well OH gone to Hull last night for the week, and I hear the weather is pretty awful up there – good job he’s in a flat ha ha – tho his office is right on the marina. The heating not working at work so am sitting here in a big cardigan – I hate being cold. The hot flushes seem to have subsided a little and believe it or not I’ve just had a letter to make an appointment for a flipping smear test! Honestly they’re not happy with just messing around with one end of me !
Parsnip – I’m not sure we CAN stop feeling like that, it’s such a huge worry and if you’re anything like me everyone always says “and you’re still smiling” ha ha. Good job they don’t see the low days.
Lydia – good luck with the flying course! My dad was an ex pilot and navigator in the RAF and he used to scare me silly every time we went on holiday as he’d look out and say things like “ohh they’ve cut that a bit close”!! bless him!!
Hope everyone has a good day, and I look forward to seeing everyone soon – are we going commando? My hair is about an inch long I suppose so I can get away with it tho I look soooo different – even my daughter’s new boyfriend saw a picture and said “oh you look really nice there – so different !” hmmmmm,
Hugs to all xxx
Carol

Parsnip

Evening everyone,
WS, glad you'll be getting rads underway soon, bet that's a relief.
lydia, I have the same dark thoughts, when I'm alone (which is rather often now treatment is over and school has started) I can't stop thinking about the future and, to be honest, I just can't see one yet and I get very upset thinking about my boy growing up without really remembering me as he's so little at the moment. This has become a big problem for me and so I think I'm going to see if I can see a Macmillan counsellor about it as I just don't know how to stop feeling like that. I try but my prognosis just sits in my head all the time, and is made worse by all the "everything's fine now" comments that seem to be coming my way daily. It does help knowing that others are going through the same feelings, normal processing of the last nine months I guess.
Dulcie, thank goodness you got your referral, they better look after you well otherwise at here'll be a lot of us hammering on their doors for you. Hope you get some answers about OH soon as well.
gabbylamb, I can understand the need for removal, I keep seeing cancer adverts everywhere and although I know it's great for awareness etc sometimes I just want it out of mind for a while. I'm lucky in that I can just about pass for a standard healthy person now with a very short crop, almost looks as if its meant to be that way, which means I can get around without stares or comments from strangers now which helps. hope the thrush subsides soon, horrible SE to have on top of the skin infection, I do feel for you.
jane, well done on first day back at work, hope you get a good rest tomorrow to build you up again.
love to all, hope everyone is doing ok
xx

Ceej

Bettie - have i just noticed your name is really Sue not Bettie ? Oh no chemo brain along with blonde moment 🙂 x

Bettie

Lydia - I can really relate to your anxiety. I have never really worried as much as I am now, maybe its because we're leaving the security of our regular hospital apts. The Oncologist said most people feel like this when they are coming towards the end of their treatment. The support however is always there and there is always this forum which has been brilliant.
Night Night everyone, hope the Tamoxifen dosn't give you too many achey bones in the night or hot flushes!
Sue x

wintersocks

Hiya everyone!
This is where I am up to: I saw a breast surgeon on Fri who does the radiotherapy thing at St James in Leeds. He had a quick look at the mx site and showed me where the radiotherapy was going to be aimed. He was so nice and informed me all his ladies came out very reassured and happy and smiling at the end

So I got a call from St James today advising me to come in next Tues for the planning session. So at last I will be starting! 15 fractions in all.
KQ- I seem to recall you saying you were starting on a Tues is that tomorow or next?
Marie 67: The nurse decided to leave the seroma to be reabsorbed and indeed it has gone down, although not gone. Did you enjoy your first day back at work - despite the tiredness?

Joan, I emailed Coleman's about my diet and I have to look at the menu. and tell them what I would like and they will see if they can do it. Do you need me to get back to you about this?

Best Wishes to those who have not posted for a long time and hoping that all are ok. Jayjay, Gary, Twinky. And especially to Poppy D - I do hope your son is continuing to recover and that you are ok.

Dulcie. I am so pleased you finally get a referral to the RM - have told my sis to give you a wave if she sees you- she works there (not a doc). I was there a few weeks ago and it really is very nice. I do hope they get to the bottom of your partner's ill health too. It must be so very hard for your both.
Well Marchies, I guess we look forward to November now.
WSX

Gabbylamb

Its strange how our posts have changed, how much we needed to post every day during the summer and all we have been through. Although my thoughts and prayers are still with you all constantly, I find myself wanting to be removed from the thought of BC and therefore its harder to post on here.
Im on antibiotics for my skin infection from the rads and its caused thrush too which is great!! Im walking like a cowboy just off a horse, and constantly adjusting my bra as its rubbing on my wound through my dressing!! WILL THIS YEAR NEVER END!!
Trying to set op positive things tohelp me through the winter (I hate winter) and thought I would go to the gym (I dont suppose that that thought will last for long however!!)
Thinking of you Dulcie, and WS. Great you got back to work Jane, did everyone 'fuzz' your hair like my work collegues do?
I understand how you feel Lydia, I think its the end of our treatment and feeling left in limbo that brings anxiety but also this time of the year does it for me too. This is why I have to try and put in place stuff to keep myself mega busy so I cant think for too long.
Im looking forward to our meet up, to talk to those who understand all this will be fantastic. We MUST have a group photo!!!!!

Ceej

Hi ladies
sorry i did write a long post earlier and lost it all ! Like you Lydia im having major wobbles about it coming back ! Been having pains in knees hips and ribs - thinking about private scans even !
Joan - am coming on the 10th but not staying for meal as OH picking me up so just keep me up to date with daytime activities!
will write more tomorrow at work on laptop - am trussed up like a chicken after seeing skin nurse today so no gym ! Am bit pink sore and scared of the future :(!
my thoughts are with Dulcie, Jayjay Amylou Rae - too many - Socks too ! Thank you everyone and i cant wait to meet you all!
sweet non tamoxifen dreams
carol

chascat

Evening ladies
Yes it's very quiet on here definately a sign that we are now all moving on, although I have to hold my hands up and confess that my anxiety is through the roof. Doesn't seem like I have a positive bone in my body and am constantly analysing every ache and pain and worrying that my daughter with grow up without me. I know worrying doesn't change anything but I can't seem to escape it, it's really getting me down.
Well done Jane on returning to work, i'm not due back for about a month, looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time, i'm hoping to string out my phased return until christmas
Less than 2 weeks until my holiday to Rhodes, I have a terrible fear of flying so am doing a course at Coventry Airport on Saturday, nothing to lose expect a few pounds so might as well give it a go.
Not long now until our meet up, can't wait!
Love to all
Lydia x

Marie_67

Hello MM'S
Well first day, back at work ,well half day really did a 2-6 shift. It was lovely to be back at work, everyone was lovely, admired and kept stroking my very short grey hair!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to say my nurse's tunic and trousers are a very unique fit now!!!!!
I think I under estimated how tired I was going to feel, and more poor brain is still struggling to remember all the changes. I have tomorrow off then back for 4 hours on Wed.
Yes it is very quiet on here now though as you say Joan that is a positive sign in that we are getting back to some normality which doesn't all revolve around hospitals.
WS we are not going to leave you, hope you are recovering ok, did you have any joy getting your seroma drained?
BETTIE yes it does seem strange when we come to the the end of our treatment plans, as so much of our time has been spent at hospitals, you suddenly feel in limbo.
TWINKY hope the gig went ok.
WOLTSY glad that the scan was ok and treatment can resume.
BERYL glad that you have a full social calendar.
CEEJ and WAITING TOO hope that your sore areas are improving.
Am shattered now so going to head off to bed.
Love Jane
XX

Lucy_BCC

Hi Deb

In order to post a new thread you will need to choose a heading from the subcatagories such as 'Undergoing treatment-chemotherapy' or 'Standards in diagnosis and care' it will automatically appear in' Latest posts' once you have had a response, initially you will be able to see it in 'New threads'

I hope this works for you, please let me know if you have further problems

Best wishes

Lucy

debh

Hi all,
I know this is the wrong place to post but I am trying to put a new post on the latest post colum and am unable to. I need to get some help with a question I have and am hoping that one of you ladies might give me a tip on how to get my post on. I have written the post but it appears under worried instead of latest posts.
I used to post on March chemo when it first started and although I dont post now I follow it every day nice to see you all getting on well.

Anyway hope someone can help PLEASE

Best Wishes Debh

wintersocks

Hey everyone,

Quick post: Come back!!! some of us are not finished yet!!! I have still not started RADS!!!
Will post later!

WSX

Bettie

Joan - I agree that its sad the forum is so quiet, good but sad. I only have 6 rads left and already feel emotional as I have met some lovely people, staff and patients and our drivers have been fab!!
I can't wait to all meet up it'll be a great weekend.
Bettie xx

Patchit

Hello MM's
Beryl, its very quiet on here now! Which is good really, a teeny bit sad in a way, but overall very positive that we are all getting our lives back on track. This thread has been fantastic and we have supported each other without question over the last few months. I am sure we are all somewhat different to when we started our treatments, but not in a bad way, in a good way, stronger, compassionate.
I want to send a special hello to all our MM's, but especially to Wintersocks and Rae. Please let us know how you are both doing and how your recoveries are progressing. Thinking of you both.

Joan xxx

berylS

Afternoon MM's

Very quiet on here today and it's very miserable outside as well. Hope you are all OK and coping with the everything that is going on around you.

Sending my best wishes to all and take care.

Beryl XX

Bettie

KQ - Thanks for that Ive had a quick look and it reads beautifully dosnt it.

Bettie x

Kittyqueen

Hi Bettie,
Just in the undergoing treatment for bc subtiltle xxx
Love kq

Bettie

KQ - where can I find the dark woods thread?

Thanks
Bettie xx

berylS

Evening MM's

Dulcie - So nice to hear from you and that you have got your referal to RM at last and you will be seeing them quite soon. Yes, it's a pitty that your referal hadn't been earlier in the year but at least you are going now. I'm sure with the reputation that they have you will be well looked after compared to your experiences so far. I think about you every day and send you my very best wishes and positive vibes. Please get back to us when you can to give us an update, so we know how you are progressing and how your lovely OH is doing. Big hugs to you both and take care XX

Willow - Welcome to our March thread and thank you for messaging us. My treatment dates co-inside with yours although I didn't need an MX. My turmour was ER+ so not having Herceptin either and I doubt that your are the oldest on here because I'm 60+ as well! Sending you my best wishes and we all hope a good recovery.

Joan - Glad that you are back with us and had a good week away. It's horrible having to catch up with the washing but two sons as well - your washing machine is going to be in overdrive!

Amylou and KQ - Will be thinking of you going for rads next week but you will be fine going forward and take care.

Marie (Jane) - Welcome back as well and hope everything goes OK for your first day back at work tomorrow. Let us know how you got on when you can. Glad to hear that your soreness is much better and that the meds have worked.

Mary (Peanut) - How are you doing? Hope you are OK and you are finding work a little easier now, although you probably still feel tired at the end of the day. Not long now before you will be flying off for your holidays and leaving the cold English weather behind you. Now that's something to look forward to..........

Not been up to much this weekend, just been tidying up the front garden and driveway with hubby who decided to cull a tree that isn't doing much. Now it's gone it seems quite open out there and looks much better but it's a shame that we had to get rid of it. Pigeons will have to find somewhere else to nest next year! Got a busy week coming up which makes a change because it's usually my hubby who's out and about in the car for his golfing. The diary is mostly filled up with appointments for my activities, just goes to show how things are moving on at the moment.

Will get back to you all again tomorrow and send everyone my best wishes.

Beryl XX

Wilow

Hi ladies,
I may well be the oldest on this forum 60+. I was diagnosed with DCIS over a large area, so was advised a mastectomy, done at RM in Sutton. Bad news on check up, DCIS but some invasive cells also,( Grade 2/3 and HER2), no senital node involvement, so no lymph nodes removed. Chemo began March 2011, finished July 2011, last couple of doses combined with Herceptin. (finished Herceptin in July 2012) I run my own small estate agents and was determined to carry on working. I did have to have a couple of days off every three weeks after chemo, lost hair, eyelashes etc. When my hair began to fall out I cut it all off and bought a really decent wig. Decided not to tell grandchildren about the BC, as some were going through GCSE's, and although I see all 7 on a regular basis, they did not notice any change in me (apart from welcome weight loss). Of course I had some awful side effects from chemo, sore feet, black nails, very bad reflux and indigestion, but drank lots of water, followed the Rainbow Diet, gained lots of info from CancerActive web site by Chris Woollams, had hot showers in the morming and hot baths in the evening, thinking maybe chemo can be flushed away through pores! It has been a long journey, but honestly not as bad as I imagined before I began the treatment. Our NHS is brilliant. I do believe that Herceptin has side effects, including 'brain fog' which I still have to a degree. Still have watery eyes especially in the morning, and in cold winds. Hair not bad (wig came off last week), nails and eyelashes still very slow to grow. I work full time and enjoy it!. I hope this helps anyone beginning the journey! xx Wilow
Kittyqueen

Afternoon All,
Not been on for a few days, had a wander in the Dark Woods thread...love it xx
Had rads planning last Tues and start this Tues...said to Onc...' sooooo you're a tattooist as well them?' Couldn't even raise a smirk' don't think he gets my warped senseof humour...but at least i've got one. rads planning was a doddle Shame about the gown that could fit at least three of us in it lololol....Been slappingon the aqueous cream ready... Ummm think may habe posted about rads planning before lol but memory not what it used to be !!
Patchit...Joan, well done to your hubby we were watching some of the run last Sunday xxx I totally understand how you feel about waiting for results, hugs xxx I guess like Chascat says we'll all feel the same when t's out turn again xx
Marie 67.pleased you had a lovely holiday and yu are so right the weeks are flying by...I actually though I was 6 weeks post chemo but then realised I was only 4 and a bit and was probably expecting too much of myself again lol..
Dulice...Lovely to hear from you and hope you get the treatment you need and deserve from the new hospital. Hope your OH soon has a diagnosis and treatment plan too xxx
Wolsty..Jane, really pleased your heart scan was good xx They had terrible trouble finding a vein for my last week and burst two but got one on the third attempt...I was stressing by then in case they demolished the lot and i'd need a line for the herceptins
Lottie -Janice..beautiful words thank you...we have been on a long adventure haven't we.......
can't scroll back any further to so hugs to all.
Watery eyes have stopped now of theor own accord which is bliss as was getting really annoying...took nailvarnish off permanently yesterday...nails appear to be fine but bit orangy coloured at the ends but look like they wil hang on.
Right off to prepare the tea...cottage pie and veggies as OH's mum coming over later.
Amylou...Think you'll be starting rads day before me:))))so we can virtually slap on the aqueous cream together.
Love to all
KQ

Marie_67

Hello MM's
Well had lovely week in Somerset, the weather was fine and the scenery stunning. Week seems to have flown by. Washing machine now in over drive, although not sure it's going to be great for drying today. My scar is so much better, that little blip came as complete surprise, as had finished rads 7th Aug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been following all the posts while away.
Joan glad you had a lovely week, and well done to your OH for the GNR. I fully understand your niggles re waiting for results, I have Onc review 4th Oct and bloods this week, and that is the first time I will have had any med intervention for 2 months.
DULCIE lovely to hear from you but so sorry that you are having such a hard time, hopefully the London hospital will put you at ease. Sorry your OH is still not sorted.
Glad that everyone enjoying their hols and slowly getting back to normal routines. My first day back at work tomorrow.
Supermarket calling.

Love to all
Jane
XX

Amore_Dulcie

Morning ladies ..i have not forgotten you..i never will! xx
I change hospitals soon and go down to London early next month....i now wish i had asked to go earlier this year..then i might now be in a better position.. as you know i have lung mets..but it now seems i have skin mets? the redness has spread..and now a reacurrence on mx site...my hospital have been dreadful and if i had the energy i would take it further...i started an indefinate course of Xeloda..still waiting for the se's to kick in...
Last night i noticed the mx is a lot worse and the scar line has 2 lumps and going black ..it sounds like necrosis ..so it will have to be cut out...yikes! i have't got enough skin there...but another lady said they are taking the skin off her back....!!!
OH still does not know what is wrong with him..he has had every test..scan going now...we go next week and are hoping we get some news so he can start treatment!
I hope you are all getting there...back to work..holidays ..and your meet up in November...xx
Dulcie xxxx
Patchit

Hi Carolyn. Here is the link for the badges, I cant remember who posted it first, but it looks really good!
http://www.createabadge.co.uk/

Glad you got on well with your surgeon, are you still going to have your other boob lifted at some point? Lucky you with your hair! Mind you, last time I saw you it was growing thick, fast and DARK!!!!!!
Joan xxxx

Carolyn1709

Hi all
Joan can I ask where you got badge from so I can order mine. So looking forward to November. I saw my surgeon this week all good she was really pleased, have to have MRI and mammo in December a year after last ones as my follow up, can't believe how quickly time has gone.

I hope everyone well and recovering emotionally and physically well. Like Joan and beryl say its like we are getting our lives back. I love being back at work, but weirdly miss my days off knitting and watching tv. I'll have to get used to a normal life and wait for half terms and holidays.

On the hair front I've loads it's thick and now starting to kink like it did before, just wish fringe would grow quicker.

Love to all as always

Carolyn xxx

chascat

Joan, thinking of you for Wednesday, we'll all be in that position soon, i'd so love to put it behind me and enjoy my life but not sure I will ever get over the BC paranoia