I have just spent ages typing post & doing personals only for it to disappear! I will try again but I apologise if I miss anyone.
I am back now from a lovely, relaxing two weeks in Corfu where the sun shone every day. Being away has done me the world of good and I feel really well. More or less like my old, pre bc self. I go back to work on Tuesday. I have been working most of the way through chemo and rads apart from five weeks after final chemo and two weeks after finishing rads right before I went on holiday so it feels like I've been off for ages. And I think because treatment is finished I feel like I am going back properly and getting back to normal. I still have quite a bit of annual leave to use so I might use it to work a four day week for a bit.
- You really are a star for organising our weekend & it's good that no deposit is required. Makes things that bit easier. I am happy to do canal trip or anything else. Not sure what time I will arrive on the Saturday as I haven't booked my flight yet. Will get on to that this week & let you know.
Well done to your hubby for doing the Great North Run. Hope everything goes well at your onc appointment tomorrow. I've not yet heard when I will see onc but presume it will be some time soon.
Is it Wednesday you are off to Cyprus?
- your worming story had me laughing out loud! I am glad your rads are going okay and hope that continues.
- Well done you getting back to gym. I will need to get started on some exercise soon. I feel so unfit and am very stiff when I get out of bed in the morning and when I get up from sitting for a while. Not sure if this has anything to do with chemo.
- Unfortunately I love Mediterranean food too. I have put on about 5lb whilst on holiday and that's on top of what I have put on since diagnosis.
- I am glad you are now finished rads. I understand your feelings. When I finished I felt as though I should be jumping for joy but I felt a bit down - like it was all a bit of an anti-climax. However, a few weeks on I feel really great.
I've also not had a period since chemo starting. I'm not on Tamoxifen or anything so not sure if they will come back or not.
- Glad your rads are going well and hope that this continues to be the case.
- I so sympathise with you about your toenail and hope you manage to get your wedding shoes on for the wedding. I have lost both my big toenails (one of the them twice) and a few fingernails. Currently one toenail and my pinkie nail are detached from the nail bed and only held on at the cuticle. Can't believe that I'm three months out of chemo and they are still coming off! They are still in terrible condition and are a horrible colour.
- I am sure you will enjoy Rhodes once you get there! I love the Greek Islands but have never been to Rhodes. I hope the sun shines for you.
That was a really good amount to make at your afternoon tea. How sweet of your little boy to raid his piggy bank. I really admire the ladies who have had to cope with young children whilst going through this. You have done so well.
Yes I was stretched out on sun lounger (but in the shade and covered in factor 30). Nevertheless I had a great time. I am so pleased you got such good news from onc.
I am glad you had a great holiday.
Good luck with rads planning tomorrow and hope you get started soon. I found that the time went really quickly. As others have said, it is really easy compared to chemo. I hope too that you get a date soon for Phase 2 of your surgery.
I have an appointment with my surgeon in November to discuss possible risk-reducing surgery. Although I tested negative for BRCA1 and BRCA2 I have a strong family history. The Genetic Counsellor I saw has sent me some stats on the risk of recurrence and of another primary on the other side but I've not read through it yet. I feel that I have come so far and am now feeling normal that I don't want to be thinking about it all again.
Beryl/ Joan / Marie67 / Woltsy -
Love the new pics. You all have so much hair. Mine has come on whilst on holiday but I still look like a baldy. I will try to upload a new picture too.
Off to bed now as am tired after a day of retail therapy!