cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

pargayan

Re: Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

Happy New Year everyone - lets hope 2013 is better than 2012
Marie67 - so sorry to hear of your missing cat, I hope she comes home soon. Keep your chin up x
Joan - I also have a swollen armpit courtesy of rads, hope yours gets sorted soon. So sorry to hear about Dulcie - once you work out how to donate towards the cost of the tree, let me know as I would also like to contribute.
Saw my Onc on Monday who informed me that the routine mammogram I am to have next Friday will hurt alot - presumably due to the location of the port. Nice of him to let me know - they normally do hurt but now I am thinking it is going to hurt even more than usual! I am also due to see the breast clinic on monday so hopefully they will be able to put my mind at rest.
I have been having counselling and am now on ADs as struggling with all that is happening at the moment, they are now starting to work and I am starting to feel a little bit better. I think that may be why I have not been posting, but I have been following everyone on here, I do not use facebook so rely on BCC. My Onc also told me that Herceptin will make you tired and I have read on a thread here that it only gets better once you have finished it, so roll on July. I am back at work but have still not managed to get up to full hours yet - I expect it will be a slow process, my job is mental rather than physical so drains me at the moment.

Sorry not done too many personals but hope everyone is keeping ok and those not yet finished alll treatment are ok too xxx

Patchit

Evening MM’s
Hope everyone is doing ok. I went back to work today after the Christmas break. Its good to get back in the routine again. I am off to see the BCN tomorrow morning as I have a swelling under my armpit. I am fairly certain that its nothing to worry about, I have had a puffy area there for ages, but it just looks bigger than usual! Blooming bc, it does make you worry, doesn’t it?!
Mary, Amy is still trying to find out the funeral arrangements for Dulcie. I have said that if we don’t find out in time, we can still do the tree, which will be lovely. Hope you are feeling a bit brighter now. Xx
Caren, sorry you had a difficult time with your mammo. They are never pleasant, but I am sure after having surgery it must make a difference. One positive thing about having an mx!!!!!!! As you say, forget about it for a couple of weeks. Is someone going with you for the results? When are you off to Centre Parcs? How sad about your case at work and what a shame you have had to deal with the case. Hope things settle down, big hug, you have had a horrid day and I hope tomorrow is better for you. Xxx
Jane, so sorry to hear about your little cat. Its awful when that happens. Are you putting up posters and knocking on neighbours doors? Really hope she turns up soon.
Amy still isn’t able to post on here,, but she posted on fb this evening. She is finding the loss of our Dulcie really hard to cope with. I feel so sorry for her at the moment.
Eight weeks on Friday till we meet again in B’ham! Will have to get my spreadsheet dusted off! Lol1

Love to all our Marvellous Marchies
Joan xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello MM's
Well not the start to the New Year that I hoped, my little girl cat Rosie has been missing since New Years Eve, and her brother Parsley keeps pacing round the house looking for her.
HISTORY GIRL lovely to hear from you hope you are doing ok.
MEGSMUM I hope all has gone ok on your first day at work.
CARE N sorry to hear you are not having a good day, I think it does hit home working within the NHS when you have to treat/deal with someone that has the same diagnosis as us, but is not doing so well. Hope mammogram ok again it is always the waitng!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PEANUT glad you are starting to feel a little better, and managed to stay up until midnight.
PARSNIP I hope you have managed to get all your leaks fixed and a your fridge freezer arrived ok.
CEEJ I think you will definitely notice a difference in the weather on your return, sorry you are still losing toenails.
Hope all other MM'S doing ok.
Love Jane
XX
Care_N

Hi ladies,
History Girl it's lovely to hear from you, I hope everything is going well with you.
Peanut I'm sorry to hear about your friend, but glad to hear you're starting to feel better now.
Joan I can't remember if I've already said, but I think it's a lovely idea to do something for Dulcie, please let me know how to donate.
Ceej are you still away? Hope you're having a lovely time. I've just lost my big toenail too!
Parsnip, hope you enjoyed Malta, and especially your belated Christmas with your son.
I've felt quite teary today, I've been passed an ill health dismissal case, and found out today it's a lady my age who was diagnosed with BC in January and had chemo at the same time as us. She hasn't returned to work and is now is going for ill health retirement, so we need to dismiss, and have to go through the normal dismissal process. It really upset me, especially after hearing about Dulcie and then I had to go for my mammogram this afternoon which was horrible - but it's done now, I'll just forget about it til I go back on 17th.
Chascat, Carolyn, Bettie, etc I absolutely agree with your comments on the other thread.
love and hugs to all,
Caren xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Many thanks for all your thoughts. I did stay up till midnight last night as my OH wanted to be up to open some champagne. It was lovely just the 2 of us and i am feeling much better, we have to move on dont we otherwise what was it all about going through all that s**t over the last year.
Joan - Love the idea of the tree for Dulcie, sorry been slow to respond but let me know if/when donations are needed am happy to donate.In fact am looking at the same thing for my friend.
Jane(Marie 67) - Hope you are not working too much, sounds like a long shift you have just done. Look after yourselfxx
Ceej - Absolutely we should meet the new year head on, was just a shock my friend passing away but am generally quite a strong person so am really going to go for some lifestyle changes this year!!
Parsnip- Great to hear you had a good time with your son but sorry to hear you are having problems with leaks!! Hope you get it sorted soon.
Beryl- Thank you for the hug! You are always so positve thank you for your friendship.
Heres hoping we all have a good 2013
Mary xx
chascat

Happy happy new year ladies, here's to a better 2013.
Mary, so sorry about your friend, big hugs x

Patchit

And the same to you Della, hope things are going ok for you. xxx

Historygirl

Here's to a happy and healthy new year for all Marchies x

Guest user
Not applicable

Happy New Year everyone. Here's to a much better 2013. I didn't make it to midnight but might as well have because of all the fireworks going off at a local hotel. It was nice the hear them but I had trouble dropping off afterwards because my mind started racing about all sorts of things and all trivial.

Anyway, I've left a couple of messages on FB (don't go on very often) wishing everyone well for 2013.

Mary (Peanut) - So sorry to hear about your friend and I do hope that you start to feel a bit better soon. Dealing with such a thing is not easy even though you have a medical background. You have had to cope with so much in such a short space of time and I'm sending a big hug your way to show that I/we care.

Take care everyone and I will be back on again later.

Beryl XX
Parsnip

Happy new year everyone, here's to a happy and healthy one
didnt make it to midnight here, nowhere near! But both me and the boy are feeli much better this morning, hopefully over the worst of this bug. What a way to end the year. Today has started bright and sunny, I have emergency roofers coming out today (water pouring in yesterday was tripping my electrics!) and fridgefreezer should hopefully be delivered tomorrow so am feeling like a positive start to e year at least.
hope you all had a great evening
xxx

Care_N

Happy new year! Here's to a much happier and healthier one for us all! xxx

Ceej

Happy new year to you all - thank you for being there to listen to my rants and giving the sort of understanding that only those going through the same thing can give - it's been so reassuring to ask you all questions and find I'm not the only one. By the way I just lost my big toe nail - not very attractive but i'm so glad to be here to moan about it 🙂 I'll be drinking a toast or two to you all tonight 6 hrs behind you - and a special one for Dulcie.
let's take the new year head on x hugs to all x
carol

chascat

Wishing all you lovely ladies a very happy and healthy 2013. Like Jane, don't think I'll make it to midnight but will raise a glass to my lovely new BCC family and absent friends x

Guest user
Not applicable

To all the MM'S
Here's to a Happier Healthier New Year fo us ALL.
Think I will raise my glass early as been at work 8-7 so not sure I will make it to Midnight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love Jane
XXX
megsmum

To all MM's who are not on Facebook i would like to wish you a happy and healthy 2013, thankyou sooo much for being there for me in my darkest time. Cheers xxx

Patchit

KQ, Its pouring here too at the moment and OH hopes it stays that way so that I dont drag him out in wellies later on! I am cooking a roast for us and 2 of our close friends, so I think they are all hoping there is no let up! I am keeping my fingers crossed though and they will all do it for me if its dry by then!!
Enjoy the party and try to stay up to welcome 2013! xxx

Kittyqueen

Hi MM's,
I shall be raising a glass to us all at midnight, if I'm still up then lol...We are lucky as just going across the road to a party so I can come home early if need to as been bit tired last couple of days. Still cannt believe how much it is raining, torrential here yet again. no fields for us tonight Joan lol.
Happy New Year to you all.
Love K Q

Patchit

Hello MM's
Just want to wish all my Marvellous Marchie friends a Happy New Year. Thank you so much for all your support and help this year, I dont know how I would have got through it without you all. You are all the one positive thing to come out of having BC and I wish you all a happy and healthy 2013. We hope (well, I hope, others are coming out of sufferance and a sense of duty, I suspect!) to go up in the fields and see in 2013 with a bottle of bubbles and some sky lanterns. The lanterns are my way of reflecting on 2012, saying goodbye to some dear friends and warriors (Dulcie, Scotties amongst others) and welcoming 2013 with open arms. Love to you all Joan xxxx

Ceej

Twinky - as a mum and now a grandma I understand how you must feel - never give up hope 🙂 I too have period pains at times with the coil - so keep your chin up x

Bettie

Twinky - I feel so sad for you. I always wanted children but it wasn't possible with my other health problems. I just feel so fortunate to have my nieces & nephews although its not the same. Look after yourself and hope your pains ease off.
I've been going over the posts in the forum since day 1!! I'm doing it in batches of ten pages as I wanted to read Dulcies posts. There was one which made me feel really sad when she said she would dearly love to meet us all. I would loved to have met her too as her posts were so funny at times. There was one when she took her dog out in a pram in M&S!! and a bonnet dropped out of the pram and an old lady said look your baby has dropped its bonnet. Dulcie turned the pram round and the lady saw it was a dog. I wish I could have seen the lady's face and this story is true honestly!! Such a sad loss and how she entertained us.
So I'm up to page 55 and theres about 180 odd or something. I'm not reading all the posts as it would take forever but it is interesting looking back and seeing when we all joined and what stages we were at etc. Shame we can't have it all in a book.
Anyway I'm going to wish you all a safe, happy and healthy new year.
Sue xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Such sad news about Dulcie & lots of hugs for you too Mary. A tree sounds a wonderful idea. I feel very emotional at the moment. Thinking about those who we lost during the year & those who are very ill at the moment. I don't feel very confident about my health & feel that i will have to watch myself closely in the future. It's all very scary. Been suffering with period pains the last few days. My body shouldn't be doing that as I have a coil. The last time that happened I ended up in hospital for an op to remove a cyst, a polyp & thin my womb lining. I shall be off to the docs in the new year to get that checked out. After 5 years on Tamoxifen I'm not sure I should start it all over again. I harboured a secret hope of becoming a Mum one day but not sure that will ever be possible. I think I will find that hard to come to terms with. Bloody disease....someone please find a cure.

Twinky x
Patchit

Parsnip, Alison, glad you were able to enjoy your day yesterday and that yoiu and your lad are back home after your time apart. The news about our Dulcie does make you think about your own mortality, doesnt it? So sad. Thank you for suggesting and sorting out the woodland trust treee, its a great idea.
I suppose the next thing will be sorting out the donations. Is everyone happy for me to do this, or does anyone else want to do it? I am happy either way and dont want to tread on toes! Does anyone know the best way of collecting the money in? Would it be via Paypal or bank credit or any other way?
Big hug ladies
Joan xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

PEANUT so sorry to hear that you are feeling low, and that you have lost a friend. Hope you get the reults from your tests soon,it's always waiting waiting waiting. BIG HUG.
PARSNIP hope you had a nice holiday in Malta, glad that you were able to enjoy your Christmas lunch and time spent with your little boy.
JOAN a tree sounds lovely for our Dulcie.
Looking like a nice day here so heading off for a walk shortly.
Love Jane
XX
Kittyqueen

Morning MM's.....
Still can't stop thinking about Dulcie :((( I do think a tree would be lovely.
Peanut... Mary sorry you're feeling so low and about your friend. Sending you hugs xxxx
Bettie...Sue, I ain't going near the scales at the min lolol
Had some friends over yesterday afternoon and they brought a huge bag of pressies for the cats:))) What dd they play with? Yep, the bag lol
I can actually see the sun peeking through this morning, it has been so wet here so think will send OH off out on a bike ride, I was petrified hewas going to buy me one for Christmas, fortunately he didn't !
Love and hugs to all
KQ

Parsnip

Morning Marchies,
hope everyone is doing well today. I stayed away from the forum yesterday and tried to enjoy the anniversary of my diagnosis as a day to move forward and not dwell. After hearing the sad news about Dulcie I had thought I would find the day quite difficult but I was very fortunate that I was with all my family and we went out for our Christmas lunch and I spent the day playing with my boy. I couldn't have asked for a better day really and was glad to be able to enjoy it. i felt incredibly lucky to have that time that so many others don't.
As far as the woodland trust goes they send out a certificate (which you can personalise and write a few lines on) and send that with a leaflet detailing the chosen wood. They said they would send it direct to thre recipient but it ended up sent to my alace and had to send it on myself. Not an issue really but wasn't expecting it. I'm happy to sort it when we get an address to send it to (via Amylou if the family would prefer).
Xx

Bettie

So so sorry to hear about Dulcie.
Sue xx

Patchit

Oh Mary, more bad news to deal with, no wonder you are feeling low. Sending you a big hug and hope things improve in 2013. xxx
Just had a look on the woodland trust website (For those not on fb, Parsnip suggested planting a tree in Dulcie's memory). You can either plant a tree or dedicate a tree. Each costs £15. I assume you have to give them an address and they send some sort of card or certificate. Maybe we would be able to do one of those and also send some flowers? It would be nice for us to be represented somehow at her funeral maybe? Hope everyone is ok xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear All
Sorry I have not been on here for some time. I returned from hols to find out that a dear friend who was diagnosed with Ovarian cancer same time as I was diagonsed was very ill. I have spent many evenings and weekends with her and her family helping to look after her. She went in to the hospice week before xmas and passed away Sun before xmas. I have found it really difficult to cope with and now Dulcie has gone also. What a tragedy. My friend was only 54yrs and I am missing her terribly.
I have not really enjoyed xmas as I had review appt and mamogram before xmas and still not had result of mamogram so 2 xmass in a row spoilt.
I have not had the energy to come on the forum but wanted you all to know that I think of you all often.
Hope the New Year is better for us all.
Mary xx
Guest user
Not applicable

JOAN we will never get fed up with seeing you and your threads, and thank you for liasing with AmyLou.
Paragyan and I were only talking about Dulcie yesterday, when we met for lunch, and remembering some of her wonderful stories that she posted on here.
Guess this bloomin disease will just keep on reminding us how unfair it can be.
Well have family coming over today for Our Christmas get together, so guess I better get things sorted in the kitchen.
Love and Hugs to All MM'S
Jane
XX
Patchit

Ladies, I am posting both on here and on our fb page as I dont want to miss anyone out, so sorry if you get totally fed up with seeing my mug before long!!

Amylou has just phoned me. She is still having problems posting on the thread but is able to read posts ok. Dulcie passed away on Christmas Day in the hospice where she had been for the last couple of weeks or so. She had a special friend who she met through having breast cancer and Amy is speaking to her later on today and will ask about details for flowers and the funeral. I will let you all know after I have spoken to Amy later. Take care, marvellous marchies, big hugs to all, especially Amylou xxx

Patchit

Thank you Louise

Louise_BCC

Ladies, as requested by Patchit, I've started a new topic in 'In Memory' for Dulcie. Here's the link to the thread:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/community/forums/memory/dulcie

Kind regards.

Louise, Facilitator

Patchit

Yes, its dreadful Beryl. I had been thinking of Dulcie over Christmas and wondering how she was doing. At least she will be pain free now, she had a lot to cope with over the last few months, didn't she?
I will text Amylou about the flowers idea. Not sure how she is fixed with getting access to a computer still. I would be happy to organise if we knew when and where.
Take care xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Joan. I'm with you on that one but how do we go about that? I suppose Amylou would be able to find out about the funeral arrangements etc. Gosh this is an awful thing isn't it?
Patchit

I have asked the mods to start a new thread so we can post our messages for Dulcie (guess it should go in 'in memory'?). She posted on the secondaries threads so there may be some ladies from there who would want to post something. Just wonder if there is some way we could send flowers collectively? It would be good for our group to send her something?
Joan xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello dear ladies, I've just caught up with the messages and now in tears! I know that you are probably not going to believe this but I had a dream last night and it was partly about Dulcie (Carol) passing away. Can't quite remember exactly what or how it manifested in my dream because it was all very muddled up. My hubby puts the Forum on the computer every morning for me and when I woke up he told me. Can't believe it really and I'm finding it all very strange.
Dulcie was such a support to us all and gave us some light when we had dark moments going through this. I feel so sorry that we couldn't be in touch when she needed us. What horrible news and her lovely man John will be so lost without her. God bless you Dulcie and thank you for being our "Marchie"! XX

Beryl XX
Ceej

words fail me 😞 RIP lovely lady x

wintersocks

Our lovely Dulcie, May she rest in peace.

WSx

Kittyqueen

Just home...... Gutted ...... Sobbing so unfair for such a lovely person xxx... Thankk u Amy lou xxxx

megsmum

RIP Dulcie you made me smile so many times, your strength of character shone through whatever was happening.

Patchit

Oh no! Gutted! Amy, thank you for letting us know. Big hug honey, I know you were close. This is so hard. I am realy upset.xxx

Could one of the mods please start a thread on the 'in Memory' section? I know Dulcie also posted on the 'secondaries' threads so it would be good if we had a new thread that we could all add our messages to. Thank you

Parsnip

Such sad news about Dulcie. She was such a wonderful character and showed good humour and strength in face of such terrible hardship and pain. My thoughts are with her family and friends at such a sad time. Thanks for letting us know Amy, I hope you are doing alright
xx

chascat

Oh Amy, very sad news, I know you were close. May she rest in peace x

Wolsty

Oh Amy - such sad news. I was only thinking about Dulcie this afternoon and wondering how she was xxx

Lucy_BCC

Dear Amy

So sorry to hear this very sad news, may I also pass on sincere condolences to Carol's family and friends from all of us at BCC

Lucy

Guest user
Not applicable

AMYLOU thank you so much for letting us know the sad news about Our lovely Dulcie, may she be at peace now.
Sending you a big hug. Jane. XXX
Guest user
Not applicable

Evening lovelies,
Hope you have all had a very wonderful christmas, i had a really nice day with the children. in fact my living room still looks like an argos warehouse.
Ive just managed to borrow a computer for a couple of mins so i wont have the chance just yet to catch up with everyones posts.
Its been a year today that i was diagnosed with this bloody bc and its with a heavy heart that i need to tell all you wonderful ladies that i have just recieved the phone call i have been dreading. Carol (dulcie) has passed away. I dont really know what more i can say at the moment, im soo heart broken and angry at the same time.
I just wanted you all to know i think of you all often even though i struggle to get on line at the moment.
Lots of love
Amy xxxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello MM's
What a miserable day here, am meeting Paragyan later and we were planning a walk in Thornham park, but may end up having a pub lunch instead!!!!!!!!!
My team lead got her results yesterday from breast clinc, 1 lump has come back ok but the other has come back in conclusive, she has a massive haematoma around biopsy site so bless her she has to wait a month until they can repeat it , so as you can imagine she is not a happy bunny.
CEEJ oh for some sun, glad you are enjoying your break.
JOAN and MEGSMUM I had my mx a year ago today (how time flies!!) The area around my op site, armpit, chest and round to shoulder blade still feel numb if I touch it with my hand, but I still get a sensation of an ache, especially shoulder and shoulder blade, so am also thinking it is muscular. I still sometimes get an itchy feeling around my scar, and it still gets a bit puffy at times especially towards the end of the day. I to sometimes find my non existent nipple tender at times!!!! I am wearing my prosthesis more but still don't find it particularly comfy. I have a friend who had a double MX 4 years ago and she says she is still numb around the op site. I have an appointment with surgeon in Feb so will see what he says then. There always seems to be something to get checked out!!
BETTIE I've not weighed myself yet, thought I'd wait until after New Year, hope work ok today.
Love Jane
XX
Bettie

its pitch black outside, its raining, i have a cold and I have to go to work. What I would really love to do is snuggle in my bed with the dog (more cuddly than hubby ha ha) and go back to sleep then wake up half a stone lighter. Then I could pig out again until the new year when some drastic action would be required!!
Have a good day everyone
Sue
Ceej - hope you're enjoying the sun
x

Patchit

Yes! It is odd. Its all been quite comfy for the last couple of months and had really settled down. My prosthesis was comfy and I really thought I had it sorted at last. Then suddenly its not! I do wonder if some feeling is starting to return, hence its got more uncomfortable! Hate to say it, but I am glad you are feeling the same, if you know what I mean!! xx