378649posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

GeorgieB

Re: Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

My tooth is still playing up - weird it was a problem before I was diagnosed, calmed down throughout last year and now flared up again!. I am also keeping my hair short and grey! It was curly before and I tried to constantly straighten it now itdoesnt bother me - other then when people say it looks cute! I did a double take the other day whilst shopping as I saw a lady with very short grey hair and I immediately wandered if she had had chemo- probably not just chose to have short grey hair!
I also have a spot on my eyelid - it appeared when my eyelashes grew back - it's hard - I have no idea where to go to get it sorted?
Have a good day. Georgie xx

Bettie

Jane, a £1000 on teeth blimey I thought I'd spent a lot £250!!
Also going to see Les Mis this week and have also already seen it 3 times. Esp love the Thenadiers bit but don't think its as good in the film. Its probably one of my favourite shows (Next to Miss Saigon) Going to New York in a couple of weeks and would love to see something on Broadway but will have to see how much it will cost
Sue x

Wolsty

Lovely to hear from you again Carmy - snow is melting here in London so lots of grey slush - not very nice. Did have a lovely walk yesterday when it all looked pretty.

Carole - fasting day for me today too - and i'm now tucked up in bed - roll on tomorrow!

Sue, i have also been to the dentist today - have spent over £1,000 on teeth since chemo finished. Still need 2 more appointments for crown to be made and fitted!

i am going to go and see Les Mis this week. I have seen the stage show 3 times and love it.

Jane xx

Bettie

Pargayan - I have also decided to keep my hair short. I've got so used to it and also like the new colour (fashionable grey!) Its so easy to manage now and no hairdryer which is fab. My hair hasn't got the smoothness it had and is quite dry so I'm using a treatment on it a couple of times a week.
Had a wondeful 2 1/2 hr journey into work this morning cos of the weather but I stayed amazingly calm. A load of people worked from home but someone has to keep the country running ha ha!
Lots of dental treatment this week yuk, but I'm a brave girl even though its going to cost me a small fortune and it needs doing before I go on hol.
Hope you're all well
Time to snuggle on the settee
Night Night
Sue xx

Carabel

Hi Carmy and Pargayan. Great to hear from you both.
Well i went to see Les Mis yesterday and really enjoyed it although I did cry a lot! Afterwards we (my sisters and I) took my mum for a nice meal for her birthday.
Back to work today and yet again worked an hour more than I am supposed to (and I don't get paid for it!). To be fair no-one is making me work late but I will never get through the work if I don"t. Maybe I am just really bad at time management. It doesn't help either when you have IT issues and on the phone to IT for ages!
Well its a fasting day for me today and I am struggling a bit. I will need to go to bed really early to take my mind off food. Sounds counter productive but sometimes I bake on a fasting day. It keeps me busy and I know i can eat what I bake the next day and not put the weight on. In fact I am losing the pounds slowly but steadily.
Hope everyone is feeling well and enjoying the snow. We don't have any here in Glasgow!
Hugs
Carole xx

pargayan

Evening to all the MMs, still reading the threads but little posting. So niice to hear from those who also have not been posting much. Everyone seems to be moving on ok now whiuch is great news.

Have been told my last mammo was clear, so we have plucked up the courage to book a holiday for the summer. All we have to do now is wait and hope we can both stay healthy enough to take it.

Just had my third trim and the curls are nearly all gone (horrayy!!). I have decided to keep my hair really short which is so much easier, mind you it does not hide the increased 'bum' fluff that appears to have sprouted on the side of my face!!! The only down side is that my hair is no longer silky smpooth like it first was, it has now gone back to being a bit straw like which is a shame.

Have a lovely evening everyone and sweet dreams to all xx

Guest user
Not applicable

That would be so great! *big grin*
I'm sorry to hear he never came back, WS, but glad to hear Cousin Horace is making you happy and the other way round. When we found my dear cat in the street you could tell he was starving but that he was a house cat. We did all we could to get him back to his home and went around the houses in the area asking for 2 weeks without any luck. In the end, then, we decided to adopt him. What I'm trying to say is - yes, maybe someone found him just as I found mine and is giving him so much love right now. It really can happen! 🙂
I'm glad your healing has gone well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you for your reconstruction in August. It really really is a strange feeling when treatment and surgeries are over, isn't it? I'm having that blues right now.
Btw, did any of you ladies that had your period before chemo got it back? It is still a bit early for us all to get it back, right?
GeorgieB

Next time we should meet in Spain!

wintersocks

Hi Carmy,
No Socks sadly never returned. I do hope he is with a lovely old lady somewhere!. I have however got another off a friend 'Cousin Horace' to give him his full title. He is very fat and lazy!
I have recoverd from my mx, but I am still very stiff and numb around the area. But I guess that is to be expected. Are you do you feel on the road to recovery now?
I am hoping for a recon in August - all being well.
It is a strange time when treatment finishes isn't it. Kind of cast adrift to look back at what we have been through.
I do hope you are still enjoying Spain, I know you are missing snow. We have rather a lot of it in The Pennines today. It is lovely, but I do worry about falling over as I have osteopenia (thining bones).
It would be lovely for us all to meet you at some point.
WSx

Guest user
Not applicable

It's great to see you too. Wintersocks, did you heal well from your surgery? When I last came round you went through it, I think. I don't know whether it is appropiate to ask now whether WS ever came back. I'm really sorry if it didn't happen, sweetie.
I know what you mean about the lies, my brother has always been like that too with my parents and it is neerve wrecking. I hope it can stop soon.
It's Blue Monday today. I hope it's not too bad and not too depressing! 😜
Patchit

Georgie, I will pack the man size tissues for March!
Know exactly where you are coming from with your son. Lie lie lie and lie again, and then they think nothing of it! My son is amazed when we dont take him at face value! Thing is, we want to believe them dont we? We want to believe they wouldnt treat us so badly. Grrrr! Hugs hon, he is your cross to bear but he is still your son. Its just not black and white is it?! xxx

GeorgieB

Isn't it funny to think a year ago none if us new each and now we are so pleased when we catch up - Carmy lovely to hear from you. I was saying to my husband I was getting quite nervous about meeting you all but as he said we have all been through the same thing so won't be a problem.
We went to see La Boheme at the cinema it was broadcast live from the royal opera house and was fantastic - I sobbed during that and then yesterday saw Les Mis and sobbed during that.
Things aren't sorted with my son - we found out he has been getting job seekers allowance every two weeks although he told us he was getting nothing. My husband always gives him the benefit if the doubt and I suppose because I'm his mother I didn't want him to starve but I have put my foot down now and won't give him a penny.
I was really strict with myself last year as far as eating well went - I think because the bc nurse told me everyone puts on weight and I was determined I was not going to be fat and bald. This year - well anyone would think my new year resolution is eat eat eat!
Love Georgie x

chascat

Lovely to hear from you Carmy x

wintersocks

Carmy, How wonderful to hear from you!!

WS

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi, marvellous marchies!!

I hadn't come into the boards for months and I have loved seeing you have kept this threat a cosy place all this time and that it is still very much alive. Thank you Joan for telling me about it and about the Facebook page! I have just clicked to join it.

Well, I hope you are all feeling good and getting your lives back! I've been quite well since the end of treatment and getting back to work. I have gone away on a couple of trips with my dear boyfriend, also went to my friends' wedding in liverpool that I told you about, and in December I treated myself to another trip to England to see the wonderful Gary Barlow live at the Royal Albert Hall. A great ending to a bad year. I had to make some nice memories to make up for the months before, right?

I feel strong and active, physically and mentally, even though my moods are swinging more than usual lately. I haven't got my period back yeat, and am not likely to get it for a loooong time, and with all my friends getting pregnant now I can't help feeling a bit sorry for myself. I have been trying reiki and Bach's flowers to help me shake this blue mood that I get sometimes, and it's working quite well. I have also become a bit of a yoga fan since I finished chemo and I just love it so much. It's like a restart button!

I have loved seeing all the pics with your new cute haircuts. Mine has grown curly, and I have had it cut just once. It needs some trimming, but I wanna wait a bit more until I get any scissors close to it again. Our precious! I'm not that fond of all the other body hair I'm getting. Some laser hair removal might happen soon, cause seriously, I dn't fancy looking like a monkey, lol.

Today it's been a year since I had the super painful biopsy done, my most painul day to date, and little did I know of what was to come! I have felt a big urge and live my anniversary from diagnosis next week (27th) with you all. to those of you that are having the anniversaries these days --- WE HAVE MADE IT!

I'm sending you all a big hug and hope to be seeing you around here again.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello MM's,
Well just about recovered from my marathon journey's last week. I have this week off and hopefully by the time I return to work the snow will be gone!!! My aim this week is to do some decluttering, I thought I had got rid of quite a few bits and pieces whilst I was off last year, but the clutter seems to have snuck back in. I am also taking a work colleague to her appointment at the breast clinic on Wed, she was seen a year ago where they told her to keep an eye on things, but her symptoms are still there, so hopefully she will get more thorough treatment this time.
CARABEL I hope you all enjoy Les Mis I saw the musical version many years ago in London. That's quite a wait you have got for your results following your scan, I don't blame you for seeing if it can be brought forward.
JOAN sounds like you have a lovely holiday planned with your friends. I have got some more cording back in my arm and that is what is causing the aches etc, I did have this ages ago but managed to get rid of it but it has now come back so am back to doing the arm exercises again I had got a bit lazy with them!!!!!
BERYL hopefully the snow will continue to stay away and we can meet up on Tues.
CARE N I know what you mean about more pressure being put us at work, we are constantly being told that we need to provide a good seamfree service, which can be quite hard when so many staff have left and you rely on bank staff to help out. Glad you enjoyed centre parcs and your birthday. I know what you mean about feeling emotional about appointments I have mine next month and am trying to find out when I will have mammogram. I guess we never really appreciated how long the rads would continue affecting our bodies.
BETTIE sounds ideal staying in the warm and reading lots of books
GEORGIE glad that you have got something positive sorted for your reconstruction, I to would have been so embarrassed if my OH had said that. I have to wait until later this year to see about recon, though at the moment I am not sure if I want to have anymore ops and stays in hospital, but time will tell.
PARSNIP glad that you are managing to get some proper sleep now, it certainly makes a difference.
Hoping that all you ladies have not heard from on this thread for a while are doing ok,
Love Jane.
XX
Bettie

Carole I have seen Les Mis three times. It is absolutely wonderful. Its got so much in it but I'll leave it at that as I don't want to spoil it for you.
Regarding work I think it is pretty much s.... everywhere now. I've loads of stuff to do outside my normal remit but too scared to refuse because they are shedding jobs fast and I want to show willing (not that it would make any difference when it comes down to it) I have also been waking in the night. Its horrible isn't it.
|Good luck for your CT scan. I'm sure it will be fine.
Sue x

Carabel

Evening ladies. Joan I am in my jammies already having a glass of white! So very rock 'n roll! Also I can confirm I am coming to Birmingham for the Saturday night. Have booked my flight and get in at 12.30 I think ( same as last time!). Am really looking forward to it.
Have been having a chuckle at all your funny stories. Care-N I have a new manager who has been piling on the work. I realise that my previous manager had been going easy on me during chemo and didn't up the pace too much even when finished and I am feeling the pressure. Trying not to get stressed though. Keep telling myself it's just not worth it - it's just a job. Saying that I still have brought work home this weekend.
No snow here in Glasgow but very very cold.
Alison I actually slept well most of the way through chemo (except right after each dose of Docetaxol) but finding that I am waking up during the night now and not getting back to sleep. I definitely think work has something to do with that.
Have just got my appointment through for next CT scan on 5th February. I thought I was pretty calm about it but as soon as I saw it my stomach started churning. It takes me back to the day they told me there was something showing on my lungs. Overall I am not too worried, after all I am sure there would have been some change to the nodules showing in the last scans but I can't help feeling that little bit of fear. Appointment with my oncologist for scan results is not until 6th March which is way too long to wait. I think I'll see if I can bring it forward. Also I've still not had mammogram results yet. I am taking that as good news as presumably they would be in touch if there was anything to worry about. They day after scan I am seeing the plastic surgeon. It certainly feels strange to be back to so many appointments as I was starting to get used to hospital free life again!
My wee grandson stayed over last night and made us put the wii on. I was trying out some of the wii fit games which I hadn't done since before bc and it's made me realise how unfit I am. I really need to be be doing something about it!
Tomorrow my sisters and I are taking my mum to see Les Mis for her birthday and then for dinner. I hear that it is really sad so better take my tissues. I find that I cry much more easily than before so it doesn't take much to set me off.
Well I'm away to re-fill my glass. Night Ladies.
Carole
xx

Patchit

Evening MM’s
Hope you are all managing to stay upright in the snow! Looks like we are set for more tomorrow here. We popped out this afternoon and the local roads are fine once you get out of our road.
My washing machine is spinning round on overtime as my eldest lad (Dan) is off to Australia on Tuesday. Its so exciting for him but I went to his flat this afternoon and felt quite sad. He is giving up his tenancy so is clearing it out. Luckily his girlfriend was there to have a chat with which made me feel better as she is also going out there. Hey ho, just have to get through it I suppose. I know Tuesday will be hard (we are taking him to Heathrow) but at least once he has actually gone, it’s a day closer to him coming home again!
Youngest son (Jack) went for an interview on Thursday and got the job! Amazed! You lovely MM’s know of our problems with him so we are just keeping everything crossed that he manages to apply himself this time. He starts Monday week.
Georgie, goodness, your OH! He did a good thing really, but I would have been sooooooooo embarrassed!! I am glad you had a good feeling about your surgeon and recon, especially given all the other associations you have with the hospital. It will be good to get it done now that you have made the decision.
Bettie, hope your mum is doing ok with her broken shoulder. What do they do for that? Can they strap it up? I need to get a book or 2 onto my kindle for our holiday in a couple of weeks time. I will have a look at your recommendation although I like a nice light ‘chick book’ for the sunbed, you know, something which doesn’t require too much concentration or memory. Especially after a couple of glasses of wine!
Caren, glad to hear your appointment went well. Did you manage to get out for a walk today? The wind was really cold! I didn’t realise it was your birthday last week so Happy Belated Birthday to you! Xxx
Beryl, Hope you managed to stay upright today when you went out. Good luck for your check up on Wednesday.
Its 6 weeks until Birmingham! Woo Hoo! I have been trawling back to try and get a list together of who is going and when. As far as I can see the following have booked:
Caren, Joan, KQ, Georgie, Beryl, Alison, Jane (Marie 67) all booked 2 nights
Jay, Lydia booked Friday only
Rachael, Carole (Carabel), Jane (Wolsty), Sue, Carol (Ceej) booked Sat only
Carolyn coming for the day on Sat
I am sure there are more of us (Amy, Debbie, Dani, Mary) so could you please confirm if I have missed you off? I will circulate a list once it is complete.

Think I might go and put my pj’s on and have a nice glass of red now. I am just a social animal!
Hugs MM’s, especially those who have been quiet lately, Twinky, Peanut amongst others
Joan xxx

Bettie

Beryl it was £4.99 to download from Amazon to my kindle and personally I think its worth it. I don;t usually pay a lot for books but don't mind up to about £5.00. I think you'll really enjoy it.
Sue x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Ladies, Looking out of the window to a very wintery scene but that's about the same for everyone. The sky is a very dark grey and has been like that since very early this morning, very threatening!

Going out to lunch with friends today which will be nice but will have to brave the footpaths! I've got my annual check-up with the surgeon this Wednesday, which will be interesting.

Care_N I'm the same as you with the twinges from lumpectomy site and he will no doubt say the same to me, but it doesn't stop you thinking does it? Hope your new Manager does dump too much stuff on you and you can cope, it's not right is it? Good to hear that you had a nice time at Center Parcs and a belated Happy Birthday to you!

Bettie- I loved the film 'Colour Purple' a real tear jerker and hadn't thought about reading the book but now think I will. What did it cost you to download. Now got a tablet with download facilities for books but haven't done anything about it yet. I'm sure you are not a slob and nothing wrong with staying in, especially in this weather.

Marie (Jane) - You do a stirling job and managing to get to your patients in this weather is no mean feat - well done you! Looking forward to meeting up with you on Tuesday, let's hope the weather behaves its self.

Georgie - That's so funny, you must have wanted to slide out of your chair! Hope your boy is doing OK now it must have been such a worry, what with everything else to contend with?

Mary (Peanut) - How are you doing, hope everything is OK your end because we haven't heard from you in a while?

Joan (Patchit) - Not long now before we meet up again and I was wondering if we have a list yet of who can make it for the Fri and Sat? It would be nice to know who can make it etc. We are arriving on the Friday again and coming in from Northampton because it makes travelling back on the Sunday so much easier. Also get the opportunity of seeing my brother and SIL.

Gillian (WS) - How are you doing today? I do hope that you are feeling a bit better but you are probably stuck inside with this bad weather. Talking about glasses this is another true story. We were away in our caravan on holiday and I got up to make tea and think about breakfast and always need to put my glasses on. Hubby got up shortly afterwards and was looking for his glasses everywhere, even went out to the car to look for them. Told him that perhaps he had left them in my brothers caravan the night before when we went for tea and drinks. He phoned them up and they looked for them but not found. We sat down for some breakfast across the table from one another and he said " You've got my glasses on" - whoops I hadn't even realised it. Just as well we both saw the funny side of it!

Allison ( Parsnip) - Good to hear that you manage some extra sleep and I hope that it stays that way for you. My sleep pattern is all over the place, but I put it down to the anti-cancer tabs s/e's which states that they can cause insomnia. Didn't help last night when my sister phoned from USA at 11.20pm, to tell me that the parcel I sent her 10 days before Xmas had finally arrived!. She thought it was so funny because the outside had been stamped " miss-sent to Australia" and had obviously had to be re-directed. Anyway, at least now we know that it had not been stolen or lost in transit. Needless to say I had problems going back to sleep after that - sisters!

Got to be off now to get ready for the off! Take care all.

Beryl XX
Bettie

Care-n just ordered the same book for 20p for my kindle. Now reading The Colour Purple, brilliant so far once you get used to reading patois. Just downloaded The Hunger Games Trilogy which should keep me occupied for a while.
Still loads of snow, must make an effort and get out today. I'm becoming a real slob!!
Take Care everyone
Sue xx

Care_N

Hi everyone,
Life has been pretty hectic lately and I haven't had much spare time to even check our thread, so expected to have a lot of catching up to do, but it wasn't too bad, and seems that most of us are busy! Some funny stories which made me giggle - Joan competing with Carolyn for getting dates wrong, Beryl's sexing machine, and Georgie's bogey!! Lol
I had a lovely week in Center Parcs with all the family, it was my birthday week too, so I had a really good birthday this year - last year I was looking forward to surgery in a few days.
I had an appointment with the specialist on Thursday, I was surprised how emotional I felt, I was really scared, but it was all fine, don't have to go back til next year unless anything changes. I was worried as I've had a lot more pain lately in lumpectomy breast but he said that is normal and can last a long time after rads - I finished rads in August. Anyway he said he wasn't worried about any of the things I was worried about (I made a list!) so now I'm going to try and stop worrying!
Work has been really busy lately and I'm trying really hard not to let it make me stressed. My manager is now off long term sick and the manager overseeing her work seems to think her job is to give me more work!
Wolsty, sorrtoto hear you've got an infection, really hope you feel better soon. Your holiday sounded fabulous though, and lots of lovely holidays to look forward to this year! What a lovely mum you have!
Bettie I have just finished a book (the hundred year old man who climbed out window and disappeared, which I thought was good and only 20p on kindle!) so I'm going to read your recommendation now. Good weather for staying indoors and reading! Although hubby wants to walk into town (a good few miles) and go for lunch somewhere, and it does look so pretty it's very tempting.
Jane (Marie) hope you're not working this weekend, you poor thing 4 hour journey home! but if you are drive carefully and I'm sure your patients really appreciate you! What a fabulous job you do, I would love to do something where you really help people.
Parsnip hope the sleeping is continuing, and you're still full of beans!
Right, I must get up! Anyone for sledging?!

Bettie

Not even dressed yet. Been reading 'The Empress of 'ireland' for the last two hours which is an extreme;y well written and very funny book about the Irish film director Brian Hurst. Its a book full of interesting characters, gays, lesbions, prostitutes, criminals and so on, basically all the people he meets in his very colourful life. If you like reading I would really recommend this book.
Glad I took the decision to take annual leave today as there is no way I would ever get up the slope on our drive without falling over. Even meg the dog took one look at the snow and ran back upstairs to lie IN the bed!! She'll have to go out soon cos she hasn't had a pee since last night. Think hubby may have to put his wellies on and try to persuade her to go in the garden. Such a spoiled dog eh but sooooo cute.
Hope you all have a good day. No accidents from anyone please. My Mom broke her shoulder yesterday and that was indoors. Can't even get to see her cos the roads are too bad.
Sue xx

chascat

iPad by any chance Alison!

Parsnip

eek don't know what happened at the end there! Was meant to say hope everyone is well this morning 🙂
xx

Parsnip

Oh you have all made me giggle this morning, what a great start to the day 🙂
it's just started snowing here and I'm full of beans having had my first full night sleep since chemo started, slept right through til 6am! So am making marmalade before getting on with some work (the advantages of working from home!). Hope everyone is wemorningsmornings

chascat

Georgie, that has just made me laugh out load, omg, I'd have nearly died too, how funny x

GeorgieB

I haven't heard back from my friend - I suggested we met in London but she hasn't come back to me.
I never did tell you what happened when I went for my re construction appt. the night before was when our son overdosed so we were in the hospital with him till about 2am - same hospital where I was rushed into last year after a bleed and they misdiagnosed and said it was an infection - so you can imagine by my appt at 9.30 the next day I was convinced I was the worst mum ever that Stoke was the last place I wanted to go for my op, my mother ad told my sister who told me that she wouldn't have the op - which made me wander whether i was doing the right thing and we walk into the waiting room and sitting there is a lady I know through work who also had breast cancer and a mastectomy but didn't need chemo and radio. She showed me ( and my husband!) her new boob and flat tummy, said the surgeon was Marvellous and stoke was fantastic. It was the weirdest feeling but I really felt someone was there with me saying you see everything is ok and all the angst and self doubt went and I felt really peaceful and calm! The surgeon was very nice and very good looking and said if I went with someone else I could have it soon but he has a waiting list till July. I opted to wait till July. Whilst he was talking to me and asking me questions which my husband answered - that really annoys me especially as he answered wrongly! My husband interrupts and says to him " excuse me I hope you don't mind me saying but you have a bogie hanging from your nose" - The surgeon was very grateful and thanked him profusely - I on the other hand nearly died!
love Georgie xx

Patchit

Evening ladies, hope is every one doing? Hope you are all ok and slowly getting some normality back to you lives. I am a lot brighter this week than last! I feel much more in control with work again, I hate feeling out of control so found that particularly hard. Actually, that was something I struggled with when having chemo, the lack of control. We have also just booked a holiday to Egypt in a couple of weeks. We are going with 2 other couples. One of the other ladies has also had serious health problems over the last year (heart), so its great that we are all in a position to go away at the same time!
Parsnip, hope you are managing to wean yourself off the steroids ok. Hopefully your sleep patterns will return to normal once they are out of your system.
Georgie, I hope your friend is feeling better. What a thing for her mum to say!
Marie67, Jane, how is your arm now? You poor thing with your journey! I did think of you on Tuesday and wondered if you were out and about. You must have been frozen! Hope Norwich missed the dump of snow tomorrow!
Beryl, Dan is flying into Brisbane. He is stopping off in Kuala Lumpar for 2 weeks on the way. He has a friend in Darwin and also knows other people from when he was in Thailand a couple of years ago, but I don’t know where they live.
Wolsty, Jane, hope your ab’s are kicking in and that the infection clears up.
Bettie, Sue, I think you should definitely go sledging! Wrap up warm and go and enjoy it. Much more fun than lying on the settee with a hottley bottley! My son and his mates took a canoe up the fields a couple of years ago in the snow and had a whale of a time. Mad!
I am still trying to speak to someone at the Colmore. Its proving difficult! Will is away on holiday until sometime next week. Think its best to wait until he is back really. I have emailed him and we are booked in for the Saturday evening meal but the menu's on their website are out of date now and they are updating them. I've been trying to find out when the new one will be on the website so we can make our choices. Guess there is no immediate rush, as long as I let them know a week or 2 in advance it should be fine.
Take care MM’s, hope all our ladies are ok, Twinky, thinking of you as you were unwell. Hope you are feeling better.
Joan xxx

Bettie

Hi, havn't posted for a bit cos have felt so miserable with job insecurities (and hubby's) but now back on track and am refusing to make myself ill when it hasn't actually happened yet. Been dead busy today. Work is being completely reorganised and pulling people off what they normally do and working on the priority areas. Makes sense really even though you're a bit out of your comfort zone. Good experience though. Had to book tm off as trains are going to be massively disrupted and I really do not fancy being stranded at work ha ha. Hubby is off as well and said oh good we can go sledging!! He must be mad, the only place I'm going is under the quilt with a good book or lying on the settee with a box of chocs and a hot water bottle!
Hope you're all ok. A nice glass of Pinot Grigio is calling and Rob is cooking a nice tea. The best thing I ever did was to marry someone who is a good cook cos I hate cooking. God knows what I would do if I was on my own!
Night Night all
Sue xx

Ceej

What are you lot like 🙂 x in bed so will catch up soon x hope all okx
night
C x

wintersocks

Wolsty,
Done the same with my reading glasses - turned the place upside down only to find they were on my head!
I do hope you manage to get on top of this latest bout of infections etc. It's so miserable when it's one thing after the other.

Hope all our MM's are ok.

WS

Wolsty

Very funny Beryl. Feeling a bit sorry for myself as I'm now on antibiotics for urinary infection and also have gastric thing going on which might or might not be connected. i've got no appetite but at least I am losing a bit of weight!!

Did have my Herceptin on Monday and my blood results were a lot better so hopefully my immune system will kick in to fight all these germs and allow my wounds to heal properly.

Something to make you laugh - when out in the car yesterday. When i came to drive home i put the keys in the ignition and then spent the next 10 minutes looking for them in all my bags - doh!!!

chascat

Beryl, that's so funny!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello MM'S
I have been nursing for 20 years and I have to say that I have NEVER driven on such bad roads and seen such chaos, as yesterday to say Norwich became grid locked was an under statement, even all the major roads were gridlocked to get home it took me 4hrs 20 mins and bits of me ached from being in the car so long, that I didn't know could ache, so am very glad to have a day off today, though back tomorrow, though have a lift so life will be a little easier.
Beryl that was so funny it made me chuckle. Look froward to catching up next week weather permitting.
Keep warm and safe MM'S
Love Jane
XX
Kittyqueen

Ha Ha Beryl :)))))))))))))) Love it xxx

Patchit

Hilarious Beryl! xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello lovely ladies,

Just typed a long message and pressed the wrong key and lost it all - my fault!

Been into the local town this morning and managed to stay upright and not from drinking! It's nice to see the snow but the frozen slush in another thing.

Joan - I'm sure your lovely son with get work very easily with his plumbing qualifications and they welcome people with experience like that. If he gets offered sponsorship then he may well stay out there for longer. It's good that his girlfriend is going out to spend some time with him. Where is he going to in Aus? We will be doing some decorating in the spring to freshen things up and also need to sort out the attic. We were going to do that last year but with everything going on it was something that could be put on the back burner. I've been making myself some quilted bags (tote) which has been occupying my time and it's nice to learn some new crafting skills. My poor sewing maching only usually gets taken out for alterations so it's nice to make more use of it.

I'm going to tell you a funny story now (true) - When I was staying at my sisters before Xmas we were making her daughter a cushion cover and her machine, which is cira 1970, was clattering at each stich. I told her that I'd given my daughter a sewing machine which she probably isn't using and that I would ask her if that's the case. Now you know what predictive text is like on your mobile phone so this is the message I sent without checking it. Are you using the sexing machine because if not then Aunt Pat's is on its last legs and she could do with it?" When I realised what I sent we were in fits of laughter for the rest of the day. I sent her a text back and told her I meant to say sewing machine and she text me back and said "silly tart"! In some small way I hope that's made you laugh too? Now I'm trying to make sure that I check my text messages before pressing send!

Joan - My tumbs are no better but she said it may take a few months for the drug change to make any difference, so will have to wait and see. What about all the news ref Tamoxifen being used for families with high risk. I notice they didn't mention anything about s/e's and what happens after 5 years!

Love to all and will try and get back on a bit later.

Beryl XX
Kittyqueen

Morning MM's :))))
Sorry not been on for a while tend to use FB much more these days. Really cold here today and lots of snow forecast for Friday which I don't mind as will be the weekend and I don't have to go anywhere except to do the shopping and OH can take me in his 4x4 :)))
Waiting Too....Claire lovely to hear from you again xxxxx
Chico....Thank you for you lovely post about our Dulcie xxxxx
Marie67...Awe poor Rosie, am sure she'll be fine but no easy task for you administering the tabs every day :))) Personally when I'm giving mine tabs I go for the surprise attack, prise jaw and flick tab to the back of the throat, takes 2 seconds and they're so shocked they don't realise it's happened :)))
GerogieB...My memory is shocking too....keep going over to the filing cabinet and can't remember what I went for, spent 10 minutes looking for my aerobic gear last night, swore blind I left them on the heated towel rail and found them on the floor in the wardrobe !!!!!
Re: nails...I can still see 2 ridges on mine that need to grow out but they are looking a lot more normal down the rest of the length again now so we'll see!!!
Hugs to all the MM's
Love
KQ

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello MM's
Well the snow is falling thick and fast here, not a pleasant journey home from work, and am working 8-6 tomorrow so not looking forward to having to drive, but have no choice, willl just take it easy and patients will have to put up with me getting there when I can and probably looking like a snowman!!!!!!
JOAN glad you got kitchen painted and that you are pleased with the result. Glad you are feeling better and are planning a holiday, where are you looking to go to?
PARSNIP sorry to hear you are still not sleeping well, those bloomin steriods!!!!!!
WAITING TOO lovely to hear from you and glad you had a lovely break here over Christmas, guess you are having much better weather than us at the moment.
GEORGIE lovely to hear from you, it sounds like your sister's friend could do with some support other than the advice her mother gave her!!! Any news when you have your reconstruction yet?
WS hope you are doing ok and that your lymphoedema has settled down or been resolved.
I have been getting some aches in right arm and muscles feel tight, was hoping to get GP appointment but no luck so am going to ask physio colleague to have a look tomorrow as I'm not sure if it is Tamoxifen related or that I've over done it a work!!!
I am so glad my cat Rosie is now safely home as I don't think she would have survived being lost in this cold weather. Her blood tests showed she has an under active thyrioid so she is now haveing daily meds and for a repeat blood test in 3 week, unlike humans she is not exempt from payment!!!!!!
Love Jane
XX
GeorgieB

I haven't posted for awhile either - just so tired in the evenings.. Joan you made me laugh as well! I have been getti g in a real muddle at work - completely forgetting I am supposed to be doing work that I have even written in my diary and then getting so stressed and wound up and worse I had to pick up a client from his school the other day and I think because I had got myself into such a state I drove on the wrong side of the road. Maybe I'm going senile and its nothing tto do with bc!
A friend of my sisters was diagnosed same time as us - I tried to persuade her to join our forum but she said it wasn't her thing. She facebooked me today saying she feels really low - her husband died 2 years ago of cancer and she keeps crying. I told her that most of us are very weepy at the moment and she said she was so relieved as her mother told her she was obviously having a nervous breakdown and to pull herself together and get a new man! I thought my mother was difficult!
Wander if we will get the snow they are forecasting - hope not as I hate driving in it!
Love Georgie xx

Parsnip

Evening everyone,
feels like I haven't posted for ages! I've been trying to avoid the forum late evening as I found myself browsing around and finding things that upset me, only now I just end up not getting on the site at all because I'm not doing it in the evening! So, new pact with myself that I will only look at our thread in e evening, and if I want to browse I'll do it in the daytime when my brain is less susceptible to rising panic over everything. Have been having a fun and positive January so far though so something is working. Has been really nice just getting on with normal boring stuff again, though I'm sure the novelty will wear off soon enough 🙂 still not sleeping great but my dose goes down again in a couple of weeks so hopefully that will help. I just can't get back to sleep once I wake at 4am and so am exhausted by the evening, not quite sure what to do about it as I can't take sleeping pills whilst my boy is here, wouldn't trust that I could wake if needed, was a struggle last year as well. At least I know its only temporary I guess.
Joan, well done on getting the kitchen done, sounds nice. You have made me chuckle with the holiday date issue, sounds like it would have been easier to get everyone else to go on the date you had in your head 🙂
nice to hear from you Beryl, hope lunch was good, a roast is always perfect on a Sunday 🙂
clare, good to hear from you, and you're sounding so happy and positive, great that something good has come out of all this rubbish. Glad you got a good holiday, much needed and deserved. Hope the studies are going well.
chascat, forum has been a bit odd hasn't it, hello though if you make it back!
time to try for a bit of sleep. Love to all
xx

Patchit

Evening MM’s
Hope everyone has had a good weekend. I have finished painting the kitchen today and am pleased with the result.
Waiting Too, Clare, its lovely to hear from you again and I am pleased that everything is going well for you. You will probably have read that we have another meeting planned for March 2nd in Birmingham. It would be lovely to see you, but of course, its such a long way for you to travel. No doubt we will be remembering absent friends and I am sure your name will crop up if you don’t make it. I hope 2013 is happy and healthy for you. Xxx
Ceej, well done for your daughter getting the job, I hope it goes well for her.
Carabel, yes, I am feeling better thanks. I think it was a combination of too many things happening at the same time. I need to get Skype sorted out on my computer as I don’t have it at the moment.
Beryl, thanks for your comforting words about my son. I have thought of you and your daughter living in Aus over the last week or two. I know you manage to keep in touch regularly but it must be hard to not see her very often. It sounds like she had a real adventure when she first went off travelling. Dan has got a one year visa so that he can work while he is out there. He is a qualified plumber so I am sure he will pick something up. He is a hard worker and will turn his hand to most things so I haven’t got any worries about him supporting himself. His girlfriend is also now going to join him out there in February. I am not sure how long she will be staying. We wouldn’t be at all surprised if he decided to live out there eventually. As you say, it’s a land of opportunity and yes, I do agree that its great he is seeing the world and having some adventures. How are your joints now, have they settled down at all on the new meds?
We are busy planning a holiday with some friends at the moment. It’s a last minute thing, we hope to go at the beginning of February. I got totally confused and have booked the wrong week off work, booked my hair and nail appointment for the wrong week and even researched holidays on the internet for the wrong week! We had also booked a weekend away for my OH birthday but that is now the day we will be going away so I have had to phone tonight and change to booking. D’oh! Carolyn, I think I might have just out-done you there?!
I have been trying to get in touch with the restaurant for B’ham but no luck so far. They don’t seem to answer the phone very often. I will try again tomorrow but having looked at their website they are updating the menu’s so I just wanted to check which menu we should be choosing from!
Have a good week MM’s
Joan xxx

chascat

Omg, it's done it again, I give up!

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Lovely Ladies, Just caught up on the posts and sorry that I've not been on much lately. I remembered our lovely Dulcie last Thursday and may she now be in a special place and making angels laugh!

Chico - Thanks for coming on and telling us about her and it's nice to know that you could tell her about us thinking of her, it must have been a comfort to her.

Joan (Patchit) - It's not like you to be down because you are always such a boost to us all and get us organised. I'm sure your son will do very well out there for his year away. Australia is a great place to go and we speak to our daughter in Sydney on Skype often. Our daughter and boyfriend went travelling and ended up in Australia. They purchased a camper van and travelled from Perth going all around the west coast, up along the north coast and down the east into Sydney. It took them months and looking at the photo's they saw some spectacular sights. Our daughter got some temporary work in Sydney with her qualifications and the company she worked for sponsored them to stay, and here we are nearly 5 years later and they are now Aussie citizens. They love it out there and the opportunities that are available. I'm not suggesting that your son will decide to stay or even want to but isn't it great that he's taken the chance to go and explore new things? They are coming home sometime in the summer for a few weeks and I know it will be hard to say goodbye again but at least, health and wealth permitting, we will be going out there again to visit. Sending you a big hug and hope that it helps to cheer you up a little!

Clare (Waiting too) - Lovely to hear from you and know that all is fine your end. Don't know if you can make it again in March because it is such a long way for you to come, but if you don't then we will all be thinking of you.

Ceej - Glad to hear that you had a great holiday and you look really good in your new photo. Hope your daughter does well in her new job and her training. I'm going back to the gym now but I'm not into running. Trying to keep to a healthier diet but we are going out to lunch today with friends, so that means a roast dinner - yummy!

Carole (Carabel) - Have you got a date for your surgery yet? I admire you for making the decision to go a head but if it#s going to reduce risk that I can fully understand it. I don't know what your original diagnosis was with regards to type and initial treatment, so would be interested to know to help understand options given. There are so many types and treatments and hospitals vary so much. Take care and keep well.

With regards to nails - mine have never been much good and when I was going through chemo and not doing much in the way of house work or anything to mess them up they were not too bad. I used to spend time filing and treating them because of chemo and time on my hands. Now they are back to being temperamental and just when they start to look reasonable they split or break off. Sometimes I wonder why I bother but of course we do. Don't think I would go down to having gells or acryllics put on. Have a friend would goes down the gell line and so far as I know she's fine with them. Sorry, that was a bit long winded!

Got to go and get ready for my lunch out. Hope everyone is doing fine and will be back on as soon as!

Beryl XX
chascat

Why are the posts out of sequence! I'll try again, morning Beryl and Clare, lovely to hear from you x

chascat

Morning Beryl, lovely to hear from you x

waiting_too

Hi MM’s

I have been off the radar but believe me, you are often in my thoughts. I’m back at work and continuing with studies. We had the best holiday in the UK, with friends and also at Center Parcs. Just what we all needed to put 2012 behind us.

Wondering how you are all getting on. I doubt I will make it back through all the posts. I have just scanned and see that Dulcie left us. Great sparkie lady.

Hey Parsnip, I hope you get to rest over Christmas and if you’re still having trouble sleeping see if you can get a mild tablet to help you get a rest – we can’t function without a good nights sleep.

I remembered you all at midnight – strong ladies who supported one another.

I saw plaque which I liked it read: ‘What if the hokey hokey is really what its all about’.

I think the big C has helped me to be more ME. I don’t wish it on anyone but I know myself better. My strengths as well as my weaknesses and as far as my life goes I know what it’s really all about.

Tight hugs ladies,

Clare

Carabel

Chico - what a lovely post. It is nice to know that Dulcie felt supported by us Marchies. Thought about her a lot yesterday.
Woltsy (Jane) - My breast surgeon did say that it was sometimes easier in a way to do a bilateral recon as they are not trying to match to an existing breast! How are you getting on with the 5:2? I have been so busy at work this week that fasting days are easy - no time to eat. However need to be careful that I dont then go home and stress eat!
Patchit (Joan) - I hope you are feeling better. It's sad to see you feeling low as you are usually very bright and chirpy! You will miss your son terribly I'm sure but as you say he will have a ball. Technology is so great these days with Skype etc. you will be able to keep in regular contact.
Marie67(Jane) - Yes having the surgery is a big decision and not one I have taken lightly. However having spoken at length to the oncologist, breast surgeon & genetic counsellor I feel it is right decision for me. Without having any ongoing treatment such as tomoxifen etc. I feel that I have to do everything I can to reduce my risk of another cancer (which I am told is relatively high). Obviously it doesn't reduce the risk of a distal recurrence of original cancer but that's just something we all need to live with in the knowledge that we've done everything we can in that respect.
Ceej - There's no point in working hard at the gym if you can't reward yourself with biscuits! I'm struggling a bit with sleep at the moment too. I am waking up with painful joints and pins & needles in my hands. Presume this is still due to the chemo in my system.
Went to my friends last night who has recently trained in holistic therapy. She gave me some nice reflexology but was very very gentle. Would have preferred a bit more pressure but she says it's not advisable for people who have had cancer! It was still lovely and relaxing though. Not got much planned at the weekend, just see family & chill out I expect.
Take care all.
Love Carole xxxx