cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

Parsnip

Re: Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

Evening everyone,
Amylou, you are definitely not a crap mother, this is really hard doing both, I often feel the same. I just try to drum it into myself that I have to look after myself so that I can look after my son for the rest of his life, doesn't always work but often gets me looking at the bigger picture and seeing exactly why I'm going through all this crap. My son has just had to stay wih his dad for two nights unexpectedly as I was in hospital and I worried so much about his reaction when it wasn't me picking him up from pre-school. When I got home tonight he gave me the most enormous hug, told me he'd missed me and we cuddled for ages, he'd been fine during the last three days and had carried on normally despite knowing I was in hospital. I kept getting told it at the beginning but kids are pretty resilient and both they and you will get through it. They know you love them and that's the important part.

So, for me, I got called yesterday by one of the oncologists at the hospital and they'd grown a bug in my blood sample so told me I had to go to a&e there (not my local one) to get it checked further. Ended up in overnight on the a&e overspill unit and got no sleep at all as it was so busy and had a poorly confused old lady with dementia very upset and shouting out in the next bed to me, felt so sorry for her as it is a mixed unit and so hectic and she just couldn't cope with it, she was still there when I lefty as they hadn't found her a bed on the ward still. Horrible place never want to have to go back there. Anyway I got iv abs and observed and further cultures done but have been released back home with the oral abs I got wednesday, instructions to rest and keep eye on temp and pulse. What a few days. Am hoping these next days before the delayed chemo will mean I'm feeling much more ready to tackle the next dosing.

Hope everyone is doing ok, I keep saying I'll catch up but things keep happening so am completely lost on everyone's progress again. Love to all
Xx

poppyD

Amylou

Big hugs to you

you are so young and I fully understand that you must feel so frightened, wish I could pop around and give you a hug and look after you. you are about the same age as my son nearly29 the one who has the large brain tumour which breaks my heart that he is so young and frightened its too tough for you younger folk and seems even more unfair.

Your children must be young so will probably just except things and hopefully in the long term they will be fine.

Can you talk about your fears and how upset you are with your family will they help you. You can always call the helpline in the morning just for a chat sometimes just chatting can help.

I know someone who told me they were c**p on Fec but when they started TAX felt much better. Hopefully you will be able to cope
and although it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel it hasnt gone out you just cant see it

Big hugs

love poppy xxxx

wintersocks

Amylou.

Poor poor you, what a horrid horrid time you are having. no-wonder you feel so lost and alone. Who wouldn't?

You are absolutely not a failure as a Mother: absolutely not. You are ill and having a really hard time. There are times when we can't look after our children and this is such a time for you.

But, it is only for now, and you will recover and you will be able to take care of them. But for now it has to be about you. You sound physically exhausted- for a start.

I do think you need to tell your team of what you are enduring. Surely they can help with other meds?

I do hope you have someone there with you?, to keep an eye out and do bits and pieces like food (when you feel ready to eat).

Please remember we are all here if you need any help with all this.

Thinking of you

Socks. xx

raechi

Oops twinkey not twinkly...although I quite like the name twinkly 🙂

raechi

Agree with twinkly. Please talk to yor onc. Bless you. They can surely give you something stronger.
Take care and really hope you feel better soon.
Xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks twinkey ,
I just feel lost today.
I will speak to the onc before next dose. there's nothing worse than trying to be sick and nothing happening.

X x x x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Amylou

Massive hug for you. So sorry that you're having a rough time & are feeling so dreadful....and no you aren't a failure as a mother so banish that thought immediately! I don't know why the nurse is insisting you'll have a bad time on Tax because you had a bad time with FEC. They're quite different drugs & Tax is supposed to trigger less nausea than FEC which is good news as far as I'm concerned. I know Tax makes you ache but I'd rather have that than feeling sick all the time.

Don't be hard on yourself. After being up all night you're quite understandably feeling low & horrible. The tears are a side effect of the treatment & it's important to realise that rather than thinking you're just losing the plot! I find myself crying at all sorts of weird things & sometimes over nothing at all!

Hope this helps you a little & that you'll soon be through the worst of the SE's this cycle. You must tell your Onc/ chemo unit that you were up all night wretching as they probably need to look at your meds.

Hugs

Twinky x

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening ladies.

Sorry for saying this but i don't have anyone that could possible understand only you lovely marchies.

I feel so fed up. i asked the nurse yesterday if she would give me my dose slower as fec2 went in slower and i fell alot better after having it. even though she said she would it still only took 30 minutes and i felt it hit me before she was even finished. they couldn't get a vein in my hand so had to use on in my index finger so now its swollen.
Been up all night feeling so sick.Im on emend after terrible sickness after the first dose which only took them 30 minutes to administer. my body was wreching all night and up until about 10am but nothing was coming up and its left me shattered.
I can't look after my children properly as Im too ill and struggling to move so they've gone yo stay with relatives. i just feel like a failer as a mother with me not being able to look after them.

I know that shortly i will feel better but Im really finding it hard. everyone i know is being amazing with me but i feel so alone. i know i should be happy that Im half way through but Im scared of tax. the nurse yesterday told me i would have a reaction to it because of how ill fec makes me but not to worry because they will act quickly. i was hoping that i would get on better with it.

It seem to of turned my life upside down. a friend popped round earlier which was lovely and was speaking about my 30th birthday next month. then we both started crying like babies. i just don't know what's going on with me Im normally not like this at all.

Sorry everyone i just don't know who else to talk too x x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello marchies, what a miserable day again! where is the sunshine?

I have had a very tearful day, not sure why to be honest, but reading about what some of you are going through with sons, daughters, daughters friends, bills, and colds and temperatures, makes me cross with myself for wallowing! Im so sorry you are having a rough time Ceej, dealing with one thing at a time is doable but when other stresses pile in it can just tip the balance cant it.

Not a cat lover myself, but can picture the cats and duvets game and it makes me smile!

Im dreading next week, tuesday hickman line goes in, wednesday occupation health appointment and thursday my third FEC. great week to look forward to!! My birthday friday, and I doubt ill feel well enough to enjoy much!

Anyone had the hickman line in let me know if it was painful afterwards?

love to you all always

Ceej

OOh Patchit - I don't want an extra anything!

Did anyone else have the reaction I had? itchy red rash all over arms and legs and my lips started to swell up? I did know that if my tongue started I had to get to hospital pronto! (my ex had a similar reaction to some cheese lol)

At least I know I'm not the only one not having them! oh and I suppose a positive is that my hair (whats left of it) is still there!
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Ladies,
Really grotto weather here in Attleborough.
Have felt absolutely shattered today, energy levels zero,had Fec 3 Mon, had a snooze this afternoon but not made any difference. My right eye feels twitchy, and a bit puffy, so not sure if this is due to eyelashes going to fall out or something else!!!
Ceej- what a time you are having, not what you need to be dealing with at the momment. Hope thing settles down for you soon.
Peanut- hope you feel better and that your temp has been behaving, gues OH shared his cold with you after all.
Bettie- I get hot flushes for about a week after chemo and have a nice red face which then fades, am not going through menopause yet.
Amylou- sorry to hear you are struggling after FEC 3, hope you feel better soon.
Beryl- hope energy levels start to rise soon.
Dulcie- hope we hear from you soon.
Will check posts again later.
Jane
Hope everyone else doing ok with SE's

Patchit

Hello ladies

Ceej, sorry you are having a rotten time. Your home sounds very noisy! Poor you, what a shame about your trip to Turkey. Hopefully nest year, you will be able to do those things that cancer is taking away from you at the moment, and you might even enjoy them more than ever, with all your treatment behind you.

There are a few of us who have had GCSF injections stopped. Personally it was a relief for me, although there is more worry around blood counts. I also am having an extra Tax to compensate as they lowered the level of chemo I am having (75 instead of 100), but I am happier with that really.

Think the water and tv licence will be the tip of the iceberg with my son! However, its the right thing for him to do, even if it costs us money, it will be much better for us and him. I hope that in time he will stand more on his own two feet but he needs such a lot of support still. Hey ho, we will get there, hopefully!

Amylou, hope you feel better soon. xx

The cat stories make me laugh! My old lady of a cat sleeps most of the time now but still plays occasionally.

I am off out tonight for a Motown and Philladelphia night at the local theatre. Not only am I unsure as to what to wear, but another consideration is now what to wear on my head! I think it will be quite warm and there will bew dancing involved so the wig is probably out. Perhaps I should have another go with the scarf, might manage it by the time we go at 7ish!!

Have a good evening everyone

Hugs to all
Joan xxx

Ceej

Ok time to whinge big time 
Had a few days in Hull with my OH – have felt pretty rubbish since day 9 with like cold symptoms and headache so thought id check it out when I got back so went to hospital on Sunday and they kept me in til Tuesday and pumped me full of antibiotics just in case, which made me sick and gave me the runs! Then OH decides that it’s too risky for me to go away on his business trip to Turkey with him in May as he wouldn’t forgive himself if anything happened! I arranged my chemo around this, and was SO looking forward to it, I told him that he’s kicking me while I’m down. I am so very angry and keep crying 
Anyway then my daughter’s friend and her baby move in as her mum has thrown her out – so I have my daughter, her boyfriend, their son (9 months) and now this girl and an 8 month old! – not exactly peaceful and I hardly slept Wed night as one of them kept me awake!
Then Orange decide that I owe them £40 as Sky didn’t contact them about taking over my broadband – Sky say they did – I’ve no evidence so have to pay!
Then I tell consultant yesterday that I had an allergic reaction to the GCSF injection last time, so he’s taken me off them and said if I had it again it might kill me! So now I guess I’ll be more at risk of infection and have to take my temperature constantly.
Oh and my wonderful son lost a playstation game that was in my name at Blockbuster so I’ve had to pay for that!
OK whinge over!!! Just sooooo p*****d off !
I know that others on this forum have so much more to deal with and I take my hat off to you I really do!!
I hope everyone is ok – I know you’ve been ill Socks – hope you’re feeling better x
Patchit – good news about your son – hope you don’t end up like me paying his water and tv licence ha ha. But at least with his own space it will be less stressful!!
Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they have a constant cold, headache and fluey eyes (heavy)? It’s driving me nuts!!
Love to all and have a good weekend xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone.

Only a quick post as i feel shocking after fec3. Hope everyone is ok or getting better if not.

kojak about the mustard reaction Cyclophosphamide is a mustard derivative so don't know if that would of had anything to do with it x x

off now as need to lye down again. will catch up with you all shortly x x

raechi

Off topic completely, but there seems to be a lot of cat lovers on here....have any of you seen the tale of corky the cat.. i dont know if you use Face book or You tube..but its adorable..

He even has his own page on FB now.. look him up if you can..its a heart warming story.

Rae
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Bettie,

I also get hot flushes straight after my FEC, they last about a week and I also get a really hot face when the rest of me feels normal, also get a red rash that comes and goes but all this stops after a week. I'm not going through the menopause yet but am getting a glimpse at what's to come!

Jules x

Guest user
Not applicable

Kittyqueen - we have 3 cats, all rescued. One of them, Bunty, is very small, has a broken tail and is a typical tortoiseshell - no white on her so the vet says they are like the Rottweilers of the cat world. Changing the sheets is her favourite thing in the world and she goes absolutely mad, skidding across the bed and generally 'helping' as much as she can. We just think she loves the sound of the fabric and when she starts to run around madly, it makes the dog woof at her. It always makes me smile, though 🙂

Sorry to hear about the queasiness but hope you enjoyed your evening out.

Shelley xx

Kittyqueen

Morning All................

Felt a bit queasy for first time this moning but probably from stuffing my face at the tapas bar last night...only had freshly cooked bits :))))))))))))

Ceej........Big hugs to you xxxx

Patchit....Great news about your son, really pleased for you all xx

Kojak...I had a weird sandwich experience...when I went for my first chemo I took a chicken mayo sandwich with me as I just assumed I wouldn't be fed (we do get fed ) and I cannot abide the thought of eating mayo now....yeeeeeeeeuch...ok in coleslaw but anything else not a chance.

Socks....I do my temp 3 times a day, morning lunch and night otherwise if I didn't have a routine I'd forget.

CM..... Looking forward to the hair pic 1 year one x

Peanut...Mary.....Hope you are feeling better today, my OH keeps saying he's getting a cold but it's not developed as yet.

Franoli...Hmmm changing the sheets.......this is a maraton task in our house as I am assisted by 5 bengals who thin it is an amazing game lololol.

Hugs to all and here's to a goos SE free weekend xxx

Love
KQ

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning from a cold and wet Norfolk,

Just a quickie because I'm absolutely whacked with fatigue. Third session has hit me harder than I expected but only, did I say only, one more to go?

Read all the messages and wish to send everyone a huge big hug and to let you know that I'm thinking about everyone going through this at whatever stage etc.

Will get back to you when my head can get something into it to report and respond to.

Take care everyone and be kind to yourselves.

Beryl XX

Guest user
Not applicable

What a lot to catch up with. Jane (Wolsty), so very, very pleased to hear your tumour has reduced so much. That's brilliant news.

Patchit - glad to hear family issues are settling down a bit. Long may that continue!

Kojak - I don't get the mustard feeling with the FEC but now you know how it affects you mustard will be off the menu. Hope you have fewer SEs next time.

Still feeling utterly exhausted on day 7 (but part of that is the Fibromyalgia) but managed to change the sheets today and it only took me 40 minutes! So happy as it's one less chore for OH to do when he gets home this evening. My daughter has gone back home so I'm having some time on my own today which, I have to say, I am quite enjoying.

Peanut - sorry to hear about the cold. Hope you stay OK. Keep taking the temps!

ChoccieMuffin - how's the job going? Where do you get the energy from? So pleased you can do this and slightly envious! Well done, I think it's brilliant.

Wishing everyone a good Friday.

Shelley xx

Patchit

Carolyn, what a relief for you, I have been thinking about you this week and your appointment, so glad it was good news and that you have had some reassurance. I am due to see my surgeon on May 9th and am really looking froward to that. I just feel that our onc has not been great, considering I have seen him only once so far and that was for 2 minutes as he was running so late! I expect you and Caren probably feel the same?

Hope everyone had a good night, Peanut, sorry you are not well, hope you pick up soon.

Dulcie, hope you are back home? I guess not as I am sure you would have posted if you were, but I keep you in my thoughts and send you big hugs. xxx

I am off to get dressed then out carpet shopping

Joan xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning ladies

Great news about your son Joan, a relief I bet.

Sorry to hear you're a bit floored Beryl, but what a great feeling it must be to be finished, I'm due non4 next week of 6 and counting down the weeks.

Well I saw my surgeon yesterday to check things and all good. I had a therapeutic mammoplasty and felt a hard lump, but she said apparently it can take 2 years to fully settle down. She also confirmed that I will have MRI scans on follow ups as a mammogram doesn't always pick up the type of cancer I had, so felt reassured there. I also asked how many radio I'll probably need and she said 15 so fingers crossed that's what it is.. Hopefully I'll find that out when I see oncologist on Monday.

Hoping everyone else is feeling ok today, weather here a little better at the moment the sun is actually shining.

Glad to hear job going well Choccie, I bet you're exhausted, I'm under no illusions that when I go back to work I'll be floored for a few weeks, but at least I get 6 weeks off to sandwich in radio and then before September.

Sending hugs to all

Carolyn xxx

Bettie

Peanut1955
Hope you'll soon feel better, its a real worry getting colds etc when you're on chemo.

Had FEC 2 on Weds and felt awful for last 2 days with bad nausea despite the anti sickness meds. Not too bad at the mo just extremely tired. I'll be so glad after the last one then a month off before rads.

Miserable day here in Stourbridge so think I'll go and curl up on the settee with hot water bottle.

Has anyone else had hot flushes just after chemo? I'm going through the menopause anyway but the hot flushes have been worse since I started chemo.

Best wishes to those having chemo today and hope you have minimal SEs.

Love Bettie xx
Bettie

Guest user
Not applicable

Have had a grim few days! Despite OH staying in spare room he has passed nasty cold on which has absoutely floored me, spent last 2 days in bed coughing and spluttering and feeling like s**t, temp hovering around 37.2, helpline says to do every 2 hours! Typical thought I was doing too well after 2nd FEC, head pounding at the moment. Sorry not read all posts will try to do today, hope everyone ok? Going back to bed but am going to try and get dressed today for a change!!
Love to all
Mary xx

ChoccieMuffin

Just to say I've read all the posts but my brain is mush after most of a week at the new job and posting on phone so no chance of any sensible replies! Going to post my hair so you can see one year on.Met someone I hadn't seen since BC who complemented me on the smart haircut! He was shocked when I told him what had happened.

Hugs to you all. Now to bed. This new job thing with 3hours in the car every day is a bit of a drain...

Night all

CM
x

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening Ladies,
Well strange weather here in Norfolk today, sun then torrential rain again.
Wolsty- have a fab time in Sheffield. Fab news that the tumour has shrunk and that you have a date for surgery.
Megsmum- sorry that you had to cancel holiday and lost deposit. You still still have several major events happening though. Hope the SE's have been ok today.
Wintersocks- hope you are stil doing ok and have a list of questions for your onc next week. Bet you are back by your roaring fire.
Kojak- not as straight forward with your chemo as you would have hoped, hope that your SE's minimal.
Beryl- hope you have managed to get some rest this afernoon. I to get a pain in right ear ( side I had surgery) after chemo, I did get it checked out before FEC 3,they thought it was just the chemo killing hairs or cells!!!. I have my appointment on 10th to discuss my radiotherapy, though much nor local than yours as still all done at Norwich.
Peanut- hope your a feeling better.
Angelherts- hope you doing ok after chemo, and SE's ok.
Ceej- glad you checked in as not heard from you for a while sorry to hear you are feeling down. BIG HUG.
Patchit- great news re your son, have a lovely meal tonight.
Dulcie- how are you doing?
Have been trying to sort out appointments to get Power of attorney sorted for elderly Gran, not easy with chemo fog!!!!
Hope everyone else ok
Jane
XX

Patchit

\hi ladies

Short post from me today as I am just waiting for OH as we are going our for a meal. No hair for me to do so I am ready in a Jiffy these days! WE are going out to celebrate as.............. Youngest troublesome son has signed a lease on a flat today! Woo Hoo and Yippee!!!! I have taken him out today, we had to go down to Edmonton (north London) as its a housing association flat and thats where their offices are. It only down the road, so we will be keeping an eye on him but it will be so much better for us and him when he is standing on his own two feet. He is coming out with us tonight down the local.

Ceej, nice to hear from you again, we have been worried about where you had got to! Let us know how you are when you feel like it? Big hug to you, it sounds like you might need it! xxx

Hugs also to everyone else, those with SE's at the moment and those on good weeks.

Joan xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Afternoon Ladies

Sorry I haven't been on before now but I'm feeling a bit whacked with being third day in. Think I'm a little more tired earlier on this day than the last two. Got my usual red flushed face and this stage and jaw/ear irritation, which is always on the right side, does anyone else get that? I'm on T&C and when the cyclophosphmide side of things goes in I don't get any funny taste or smell sensations, or none that I've noticed. Mind you last session I had the reaction to Tax. I'm OK after that thank goodness.

I've read all the messages and my head is like mush, so I just want to say that I'm thinking of everyone and hope we all have better days soon that are going through the mill at the moment.

Wolsty - Good news about your turmour shrinkage.

Socks - Glad they got to you sooner and they have sorted you out. I've been a bit lax about checking my temp' but I will be more vigilant in the future. Thank you.

As far as my hubby goes he just gets me organised because he is well used to that. Retired Air Force and used to teach computer skills. He has produced a wonderful spreadsheet with everything listed on it. What would I do without him when I can't even concentrate sometimes, let alone know what drug I'm supposed to be taking next. I asked for sleeping tabs and extra anti-sick and Diclofenic for the injection bone aches, so in bumps the list up a little. Some of them will drop off in a couple of days and will reduce things. My insides are not used to all of this. Look forward to the third week when it can have a rest.

My husband has just come in with my 4.00 tablets because I haven't taken them - whoops, see what I mean?

Had a letter from the hospital today for the 9th May to see the Radiology Consulatant about my radiotherapy treatment. From there I will be booked for a mapping session at Addenbrookes, Cambs. Don't know how long they leave you after last chemo session before doing that. I would hope that it would be in my third week so I feel up to the travelling, which will take 3 hour drive round trip.

Mary - Hope you are doing OK and managing the awful cold that you have. We know you will be back on as soon as you can. Thinking of you and take care.

Dulcie - Get back to us as soon as you can - we are thinking of you and wishing you well.

Sorry, but that's about it for now will have to go and have a sit down.

Love and best wishes to all.

Beryl XX

Ceej

Not in a good place at the moment 😞 will catch up with you all soon x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,
Well i survived chemo on my own yesterday - but wouldn't you just know that everything would go wrong just when i was on my own?

Firstly appointment was for 10am and i usually don't have to wait around but they had 2 people more than usual in for chemo that morning and one chemo nurse down so were running late and i had to sit on my own for God knows how long - had finished reading my magazine by the time they even got the cold cap on.

They very nicely gave me two cups of coffee and a glass of water in that time but unfortunately this meant that i had to get them to disconnect the cold cap from the pump after the 2 anti-sick drugs had gone in so that i could use the loo but they assured me it wouldn't make my hair fall out - we'll see.

Then when they started putting in the Epirubicin (nasty drug) they are supposed to run a flush through at the same tme as it's too strong to go in on its own - but channel 2 (one with the flush in) stopped working and kept beeping - nurse didn't stop the epirubicin going in though and kept saying she'd get it working in a in a minute but i started having a panic after a while and she eventually stopped the epirubicin while she went to get someone to help her fix the machine.

Final mistake that i will not make again is ordering a ham & mustard sandwich which arrived just when the Cyclophosphamide started - does anyone else get a strong mustard type smell that makes your nose feel like it's on fire when that drug goes in? Well i do and mixed with the strong mustard on the sandwich i felt so sick - yughh - will go with cheese next time i think.

Anyway, next time i will take either my husband or a good book!

Wintersocks - Glad to hear you're home and feeling better.

Parsnip - Sorry you had such a bad day, i couldn't have dealt with the cannula episode, i have to look away when they take my bloods! Hope you're ok now though.

Wolsty - Wow, can't believe the tumour shrank that much - fab news - blimey, this stuff really works doesn't it! It's only human to be scared of the next unknown, you just get used to one thing and then it's all change again but I'm sure all will be fine x

Hope everyone else having their doses this week are doing ok, another week and we'll all be feeling better and enjoying a glass of two! Jules x

wintersocks

Hello to all Marchies:

Rae: whoa, you look great, I am hoping to get a pic up to but cannot work out how to get from phone to forum! will ask impatient son.

Beryl: Your treatment regime sounds very complex; good job OH is on board to work out what/when/where!

Megsmum: You had IV antis too. - Did you have a similar episode that I have had?

Gabbylamb; Truso headwear sounds intriguing - I will look into that.

Parnip: Oh what a time you have endured. Delays not good, but might give you a bit of breathing space and a rest. I hope last night you had a good sleep and today sees you re-united with your son.

Poppyd: shingles? my sis had that: I hear it is painful, I do hope you on the mend now. Thanks for your wishes for me.

Patchit: Yes, I do agree about 'the temp check' line. I am a non checker! But i will from now on in the 'nadir' period, which was me on Mon. I am surprised in that I felt relatively ok, but was cold and that's what prompted me. Was a bit shocked, then it just kept climbing, 38.8 (at highest) My other half is grumpy with me about my lack of checks; 'It's not a cold you have y'know - is cancer'. I assume serious face and nod then stick tongue when his back is turned LOL.

jayjay40: you look fab too! How was your next session, think it was today you were due?

Wolsty; So very pleased to hear about tumour shrinkage; I am seeing the onc on Tues about the very same. How did they dtermine the reduction? Did you have to have an MRI?

Dulcie - Where you??

Phew; a long post, tired now! Will have a lie down I think.

Love to all those not mentioned

Socks XX

Wolsty

Hi all

Just on train going to Sheffield for the night to catch up with my sister and old schools friends.

Saw onc yesterday and all good. Tumour has shrunk from 3.7cm to 1.6 after 3 x FEC. Have heart scan tomorrow and if all OK will have first TAX and Herceptin on Monday - am a bit scared - fear of the unknown I think.

He also suggested that I persevere with my veins as they look good and the TAX regime is not as hard on the veins as FEC so will see how I get on. Surgery booked for 7th July and then he said rads will start 4-8 weeks after so am hoping to fit in a holiday with my new boob before 5 weeks of rads start. You cant miss a day so don't want to be doing it all the way through the school holidays, wouldnt be much fun for my daughters.

Weather is miserable, am so fed up with rain.

Mega mum - sorryabout having to cancel holiday. I had to cancel ski holiday in April, normal battle with insurance company to get all the money back but I won!!

Rae - love the look, I am sporting the same style!!!

KQ def think you can eat eggs.

January - hope chemo goes well. or sure what a syringe driver is?

Dulcie - hope you are OK and are at home

beryl - I need to get new hats, am bored with the 2 I have now.

Hope everyone has a nice (or as good as possible) day

Jane xx

megsmum

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok with minimal Se,s, my mausea has hopefully settled today with meds so fingers crossed.

Beryl thanks for info re hats i,m going to order a couple.

Sox and everyone else who is having a bad time keep your chin up there is light at the end of the tunnel although its a bloomin long tunnel.

The weather outide is rotten i hope it stops raining soon even the dogs took one look out of back door and refused to go out

I have just cancelled my holls that were booked for july and lost my deposit as stupidly i didn,t get insurance when i booked the holl, it is our 30th wedding anniversary in june right bang in the middle of last chemo.
2012 was supposed to be a good year with anniversary in june, 1st grandchild in august and nephews wedding in sept until BC poked her nose in. But i,ve just booke a weekend in the lakes for neice,s wedding next year, something else to look forward to.

keep strong everyone xx

raechi

Thank you lovely ladies... you are all fab - what a confidence boost..
I wasnt sure about the egghead look - but i am learning to embrace it 🙂

Rae
x

Kittyqueen

Morning All,

Parsnip....what an awful day you had..big hugs and hope you're better today xxx

Raechi.... you look amazing xxx I'm still not brave enough :(((((((

Dulcie....How are you today? Thinking of you xxxx

Bettie...Hope you're still ok after number 2 xxxx

Hugs to everyone else.

Another foodie question..........can I eat eggs?????? Got my weight back up to normal at the min thank goodness, such a hardship scoffing loads...not !! :))))) Had gammon last night with pineapple etc... but I didn't have an egg just in case as I couldn't remember.

Love to all
KQ

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Ladies,
Parsnip- you poor thing that was quite an ordeal for you. Hope that the meds kick in soon and yu ar getting much needed rest.
Dulcie- Hope you are getting sorted out at hospital, and will be home again soon.
Megsmum and Bettie, sorry to hear that you are both struggling with bad nausea this time round. Hope it settles soon.
Patchit- hope all goes ok with son.
Have nice white coating on tongue agian, so oral thrush has returned, luckily my GP gave me some nystatin, as a precaution so I don't need to get GP appointment unless I need one, so will start medicating!!!
Hugs to eveyone else not mentioned.
Jane
XX

jayjay40

Hi all lovely ladies

Raechi just to say you look amazing in your commando pic, well done you for being so brave!

Cant respond to everybody as just on my way for chem. Saw onc yesterday who has arranged for me to have a syringe driver fitted in an attempt to prevent me going into hospital this time. District nurse coming to fit it tom am so we shall see fingers crossed!!! Fec3 today so halfway thru'.....yipee!! Not having tax now after fec as been to unwell, have something very similar that works the same and is not less effective but you don't have to have the steriods.

Good luck to all having chemo today or tom and hope we all survive the wend with minimal se's! Big hugs to all & will try to post again before the chemo fog takes hold, lol!

raechi

Joan,
I didnt see your post. I think we posted at the same time..
I have not taken an antihistamine yet, but anything is worth a try..
Doc gave me some hydrocortisone cream as one of the really itchy places is my right eyelid. Bonkers i know. I think my eyelashes are getting ready to come out.
Right - shower time. Need to get this bottom moving!
Will pop out later for some tablets.
Good Luck with trouble some son 🙂
Rae
x

raechi

Aww thank you Bettie. I agree re: the cold. I am sitting here at home with me hat on 🙂
Think i need some buffs...

Hope everyone that was feeling poorly feels a bit better today..
We need some sunshine to cheer us up!

Rae
x

Patchit

Morning ladies

Its very quiet on here this mornng, I do hope everyone is ok.

Rae, I meant to say yesterday, I love the new look! You look great! Also, have you taken an anti-histamine to help the itchyness? Just a thought, it may help.

Parsnip, I hope you had a good noght and are feeling better this morning. You are having such a tough time! Big hug to you.

Socks, seems to me that its a really fine line between being constantly running for the thermometer and not using it enoigh! I must admit that I hardly used it at all this time, but after hearing what happened to you, I maybe should be more diligent about it. Hope you had a good night. xxx

Beryl, hope you are ok this morning?

Need to go and get dressed now, I have to take troublesome son out this morning, will post later about that!

Have a good day all, its slightly worrying that I am the first to post today and its now 9.20! I do hope everyone is ok.........

Hugs and xxx
Joan

Bettie

Just a quick one. Had FEC 2 today, nausea at the mo worse than last time but am still eating!

Raechi
You look amazing. I would be more than happy going out commando if I were you. I have been out a few times, it dosn't bother me its just that its really cold at the mo. I've bought quite a few plain buffs and coordinate them with what I wear. They are great to wear.

Hope everyone is ok. Sleep tight

Bettie xx

Patchit

Evening ladies

Lots of posts to catch up on again. Sorry I cnat do personals, its too late and would probably take me ahlf the night!

Socks, glad you are back home, big hug xxx

Dulcie, I am sure everything will be ok, let uas know how you gwet on when you can. xxx

Megsmum, Beryl and anyone wlse who has had treats, hope the SE's are mild. That's another one ticked off!

Poppy, sorry for your delay, but better that you eill be stronger next week.

Chascat, hope you are feeling brighter

Sorry not to mention everyone, I keep up with the reading so know what is happening with everyone. You are all lovely ladies, the support we all have for each other is amazing. Sleep tight all.

Hugs and xxx
Joan

megsmum

Dulcie dont panic they will sort you out even if you get kept in its not that bad.
I,m off to bed now nausea seems worse this time
Goodnight everyone

Keep strong x

Guest user
Not applicable

Just off to hospital..yikes!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi every one.. big hugs to you all this evening xx
I was thinking of you Sox ..so pleased your back home..
I still feel quite poorly ..i have not got washed or dressed..i just feel ill and my voice has gone now! Doc sent me a prescription for Diflin and bowel stuff ..had terrible constipation! to much info ..i know lol
I have been following you all..just guilty i cant get my head together to do a proper one!
I freaked out before i was doing the dogs dinner ..(cant even do my own)..when a piece of chicken...(cooked) went onto a cut that has appeared on my hand....samonella!!!... samonella!!! so i tried to cut up the chicken up wearing surgical gloves and cut all the tops of the fingers off and they fell into the dogs dinner..i had visions of the dog choking on them!

Oh's mum still going strong...!!
Good luck tomorrow Amylou and others that are going tomorrow!
Love
Dulcie xxxx

poppyD

Thanks everyone

I missed my LGFB due to shingles but have rebooked anyone else booked for june at LRI. I hope to take my daughter too

megsmum great to be halfway through

parsnip hope you are ok you have been through ordeal

Glad you are home wintersocks

love to all
pops x

Parsnip

Evening everyone,
Just returned from spending a day at a&e, what a way to celebrate the halfway mark. After much poking and prodding and not finding veins (and I have a picc line so no chemo gone in them!) and a very painful arterial blood sample, ct scans and x rays it looks like I have a bit of pneumonia and some fluid around my heart which was causing racing pulse (120bpm rather than usual 70) and drop in bp on standing (picked up by my fabulous district nurse when she came to take bloods) Looks like tomorrows dose will be delayed and I'm quite glad really despite the bad points as these last few weeks have just been so hard it would nice to be feeling vaguely well before the next dose. In true dramatic fashion I ended the visit after receiving my discharge papers by splurging blood from a cannula site all over the place as the nurse on duty hadn't applied pressure for long enough, looked like a scene from a horror movie! Not getting me out the door that easily medics 🙂
Anyway, back home now with some abs and instructions to actually rest. Little boy is with his dad as I couldn't pick him up from school and was a little weird on the phone when I spoke to him so hoping he's doing ok.
Hope everyone is doing ok, I'll catch up on posts tomorrow as I'm off to bed after the day's events
Xx

wintersocks

Hello All,

Home now. just a quick one, will read all posts tomorrow to see how you are all doing.

Discharged with Co-amoxiclav antibiotics for 6 days - they are huge! like horse tabs and making me feel sick. Following 2 days of IV antis

Ambulance came within an hour to get me, i was told to ring one as I don't drive: vaguely embarrassing to do so.

Please note: I did not feel unwell as such, just a bit tirder and a bit cold, just took temp on off chance!

Next chemo I will take as we supposed to - Well we live n learn!

Shattered now and now feel as though something is wrong (cancer). Think am being forced to accept that....

Night to all WS

Guest user
Not applicable

Good evening my marchies, what a wet and miserable day! If they still announce a drought after all this I shall scream!

Well my last tufts of hair are hanging on, bless them, and im not going to shave the poor things off! My arm is still sore, but I know it will go in time as the clots disperse. Ladies that have gone to LGFB sessions, can you take a companion with you just to watch?

Im pleased to hear so many of you are doing well, and sorry that some have had a lot of bad SE's. Hope WS is out of hospital, and lovely to hear from you Chascat and hope you improve daily and Poppy get eating lots to keep your bloods up!

I too would like to hear from those on TAX about differences in se's as I have one more FEC to go and then start TAX and am worrying already about more or different SE's to cope with.

Has anyone seen the website Trusu Headwear? Lady on there makes lovely hats from charity shop materials and I have ordered one as they look great. Check it out.

Lots of love to each and every one of you 🙂

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Ladies.
Is this rain every going to stop!!!!
Raechi- I to get itchy at times, and just plaster myself in extra aqueous cream, as skin so dry, though no spots. Sorry you couldn't get emend, but the GP you saw sounds good. You could maybe ask for an injection of Nozinan before you leave unit next time you have chemo, it's anti sickness. I was given that this time and have had no sickness or nausea( and much cheaper than emend I imagine!!). Love the pic.
Carolyn- glad you have got a date to focus on to return to work. Hope you brightened up the carpet man's day!!!
Chascat- sorry to hear that you have been feeling low and anxious, glad you feel a bit brighter, this chemo does seem to mes with our minds as well as our bodies.
Franoli- glad you were brave enough to go commando and that you have had a good time with your daughter.
Peanut- I tend to feel cold most of the time since having FEC, though have not been shivery. I tend to feel lightheaded and spaced out for about 4 days post chemo session, day 3 is where I feel most tired. I still check temp twice daily, and so far it has always been ok, but as we have heard from other's experiences, things can change quickly. Hope you get sorted with heart test soon.
Poppy- sorry to hear that you did not get chemo, but if bloods dodgy, it's best that they delay it so your bloods can come good again.
Megsmum- glad you were able to get chemo, you to are halfway now, hope you will be ok with SE's this time.
Care N- hope you have a good time in Suffolk, rain or no rain. i live in Norfolk, and I think we have continuos rain forcast.
Beryl- glad you are doing ok after yesterday.
In the chemo unit ( Norwich), we get offered cups of tea and biscuits in the morning and if chemo is over lunch we get offered sandwiches, crisps etc, also anybody that has come with us is offered this to, volunteers take on this role. I am so surprised how food and drink differs in various units.
Hope everybody else doing ok.
Jane
XX