Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

hi,
I've got pre asses next mon for chemo.
Really worried abt SE , am down for 6xFEC, thinking abt cold cap?
Sounds like all you ladies are well on your way and giving each other great suport.
What is LGFG?
Did someone start a new thread when they started chemo so that you are all about the same place?
Not sure how the site works yet!!
Viv x

Kittyqueen

Morning All,

Socks.....Really hope you are ok hun xxxx Let us know soon as you can xxxxx

Hope everyone who's had a treat yesterday and today are doing well xxx

A rep just came in to see us and bless him on the way out he said' Right I'll get out of you hair now' lmao!!!!!
I was very good this morning and showed the Oh what was left of my hair..ie zilch!!! I truly think after the treats are over I don't think I will ever be vain or worry about a bad hair day ever again.

The LGFG sessions sound really good..think I will look into that too, just sent for my usual face base but shades will probably change soon....

Can anyone shed some light on weight for me? I'm eating really well and heathily as poss but still lost a couple of pounds..is it because my body is so busy producing white cells etc....and using the nutrients for that rather than depositing fat on my bum lololol.

Hugs and Love
KQ

Guest user
Not applicable

thanks all - will make an appointment with gp just to be on safe side xx

jayjay40

SORRY PRESSED THE BUTTON TOO MANY TIMES....LOL!
JAY X

jayjay40

Jane,
Thank you so much for info re LGFG I will def book a session. Feel so down at the mo maybe it is what I need to perk me up!! So glad you are feeling better this time following your juice. Nozinan is a good drug and seems to be working well. Ondansatron is also a good one to have at home. Long may you continue feeling better. have a good day!

Jay xxx

jayjay40

Jane,
Thank you so much for info re LGFG I will def book a session. Feel so down at the mo maybe it is what I need to perk me up!! So glad you are feeling better this time following your juice. Nozinan is a good drug and seems to be working well. Ondansatron is also a good one to have at home. Long may you continue feeling better. have a good day!

Jay xxx

jayjay40

Jane,

Jay xxx

jayjay40

Morning all,

Socks really hope you are feeling better this am you are in my thoughts! Big hugs xx

Beryl Good luck today with your treatment, how are you finding the tax? Any specific se's? Just take it easy when you get home.

Jamesy Absolutely get your sore throat checked out. It could be ulcer similar to to ulcers you get when neutropenic. It is always best to be seen by gp. I know it feels like you are always there, I feel the same but if there ever is a time that you are entitled to extra care it is now so make an appointment! x

Mollie43 Poor you to be suffering with bronchitis as well as every thing else. Bet you have been feeling really rotten. Twinky68 is right try to get plenty of rest to allow your body to heal. Feel so sorry for you...just take good care and be super kind to yourself xx

Bye bye Jay xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Ladies
Well had FEC 3 yesterday and so far feeling ok, I had an injection of Nozinan prior to leaving unit, and this time have not been sick and no nausea so far. Just have ususal sore arm and gurgly tummy as will prob be constipated again!!!!!
Wintersocks- that's a while to wait for an ambulance, hopefully they have managed to get you sorted out now, and you are starting to feel better it's amazing how quickly our bodies can become unwell. BIG HUG.
Jamesy- it's prob worth speaking to GP as I had same after FEC2 and GP gave me thorough check up ( always reassuring) and said it was oral thrush, SE of chemo and prescribed me some nystatin which did the trick. How you get sorted and throat feels better soon.
Mollie- poor you hope you manage to start feeling better soon, you really are having a tough time. BIG HUG.
Jayjay- you will love the LGFB seesion, the ladies who do it are lovely as is the posh goodie bag you get. I also met some lovely ladies on the one I di who are all going through something similar. Have just had my FEC 3 so at halfway stage now.
Dulcie- well at least you resolved the problem of the "ulcer". Hope you managed to get some rest after that.
Parsnip- glad you had a nice time with friends, you will enjoy your LGFB session tomorrow.
Peanut- hope you are doing ok and had a gereat time at your LGFB session. Is your OH feeling any better?
Patchit- I sosmetimes don't bother with prosthesis when I go out as it' more comfy without. May look into modifying some of my bras. PS glad you were able to do your positive post.
Bettie- hope you are all set for chemo tomorrow.
Poppy- hope you manage to get your FEC tomorrow if you are well enough.
Beryl- hope that ou managed to get yur chemo ok and that the veins held up.
Ceej and all the others we haven't heard from for a awhlie hope youe are all doing ok.
Jane
XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Mollie43 so sorry to hear you're poorly with bronchitis....what rotten luck! They won't let you have the next treatment until you're better so get plenty of rest. Try not to think about ehat's ahead of you & just concentrate on getting better.

Hugs

Twinky x

mollie43

Not posted for a few days, had fec 2 on Thursday and been in bed since Saturday with bronchitis, don't seem to be abe to get through a ingle session without being I'll, don't think I can face four more and another 11 weeks of feeling crap.hope you ll all feeling ok and dulcie you are ok.will post agin when I feel a bit better x

Guest user
Not applicable

hi all - hope everyone is doing ok this morning. wondered if anyone had any experience with realy bad heartburn and if it can also cause a sore throat?

i had my 3rd fec last weds and apart from the tiredness and now envitable weepiness that i always seem to get a week after, im not doing too badly.

i always get heartburn a few days after my dose and it seems to resolve itself with omeprazole. but this time it has been realy bad - i can barely eat anything or drink anything without it feeling like im swallowing razorblades and i have a sore throat that hurts everytime i swallow.

i dont think its an infection and i dont have a temperature or feel unwell in any other way, it does seem like the sore throart is linked to the heartburn.

but i know the hospital said to keep an eye on a sore throat? is it worth a trip to the gp? i hate keep going to the doctors, im in there everybloody day with something and dont want to risk picking up any germs.

anyone had the same?

Wolsty

WS - its worrying how quickly things can change - assume you were feeling OK when we were chatting earlier. I hope you are feeling better and won't be in hospital too long. I find it amazing how many people have ended up in hospital - I have been OK so far but am almost starting to think its only a matter of time!!!

Bettie - an LGFB session is Look Good Feeling Better. Its a charity that runs makeover sessions for ladies with cancer and you get given a goody bag to take away with you containing lots of lovely products. Have a look at the website and book onto one = it is well worth it.

Mary - glad you are feeling better - its strange how emotions hit us - glad the LGFB session good.

Joan - did sleep better last night as decided to take a sleeping tablet - thought that otherwise might get into a cycle of not being able to sleep and don't want to go downhill this week. Sadly not doing anything nice when OH is away - will be having my first TAX!!! My mum is coming to stay to look after me which will be nice.

Dulcie - hope you are feeling OK now.

Jane x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all your lovely ladies

Firstly:-

Socks - A four hour wait for an ambulance you must have been wathcing the clock and getting even more anxious. Hope they didn't keep you waiting that long. Do you live a long way from the hospital and that is why? We do hope that you are being looked after and they are sorting you out so you can get home very soon. No doubt you will be back on here asap to update you. Big hug and kiss X

Secondly and onwards - Mary knew you would enjoy your LGFB session yesterday and glad you managed to get there considering you only had your session last week. It's handy to keep a diary and look back to compare each session against it. Reassuring really because it is hard to remember everything that happens. You can have a nice rest day today to make up for it.

Patchit (Joan) - Try not to worry about the Tax side of things as I've already said that I've had 2 and going for my 3rd today (9.30). From what you are saying about FEC, I don't think there's anything to fret about. They will take good care of you and if they have to adjust anything to get you through it they will. Is it 3 Tax you are having? Tax hasn't made me tearful so far, so fingers crossed that my last two will OK.

JayJay - Well done for going comando with your pic and it's nice to hear from you. We know that we have to go through this journey but it's daunting when the next treatment looms up. When I get through the session today I will have one more, thank goodness! I know that May is written off and it's my birthday on 4 May when I won't be up to much. My husband is fretting about my birthday being a bit off but I told him we can go out anytime and celebrate when we will both enjoy it. I'm going to have an un birthday this year. Hope you had a better night sleep last night and you are feeling a little more up-beat. Big Hug.

PoppyD - Thinking of you and hope that you are feeling a bit better today and have more energy. Good luck with your treatment tomorrow.
Let us know how you got on as sooon as you can. Big Hug.

Bette - Love your picture as well. Hope you dog walk went OK and he behaved himself! Probably home again and all tucked up for a rest, you and the dog that is. Big Hug.

Thinking of everyone but must be off now to finish getting ready. Got all my make up on and didn't take long to do my hair (Ha Ha). Tried a slight different way to put my buff on last night but don't know if I'm going to manage the same look this morning. No going to wear a hat or wig because it will get too hot in the unit. No cold cap today so if everything goes to plan then I should be out of there in just over 2 1/2 hours. Oh, lets also hope that they can find a serviceable vein because I'd rather they dont try and use the same one, which is only just about recovering from last session.

Bye for now and I will get back to you all later.

Beryl XX

Bettie

Wintersocks
Hope you are ok and back home?

Peanut
What is the LGFB session?

Have woke up dead weepy today think its the thought of chemo 2 tomorrow. Must get a grip! Just a short note as I'm going to brave the cold and take my doggie to the park. She still gets in fights even though she's 11 and should know better. I thought animals calmed down as they get older. Mine is like having a naughty teenager about the place.

Best wishes everyone

Bettie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

morning everyone
Feeling brighter this morning and thank you all for your thoughts. Looking back in my diary I felt the same on those 2 days so next time I am going to hide away and be prepared!!
Went to the LGFB session yesterday, there was 10 of us and had a really good session. It was run by volunteers who work on beauty counters in places like Boots, Debenhams etc and they were lovely. I got a huge bag full of skincare products, makeup and perfume all normal size and from Clarins/Clinique/No 7 and body shop. Looking at contents it looks like approx £200 worth of stuff, fab!! If you can get on one Parsnip then go. Whole session took about 2 hours.
CM- pleased to hear job going ok. x
Gabbylamb/Patchit- Admire you for going to work, just cant do it at the moment.
Wintersocks- Hope you ok and Temp has come down? xx
Good luck today Beryl thinking of you xxx
good luck to everyone having treatments this week.
Think I may go back to bed for another hour or so.
Best wishes to everyone
Mary xxxx

Patchit

Ah Socks! You poor thing! Hope all is ok and you are back home again. Big hug xxx

Jay, I got inspiration from other ladies on the 'living breast free'thread. My pre-treatment bra's were triumph amourette, and it was easy to cut out the lining bit and sew the lace flat. I think the next thing I will do is to go into the triumph shop next time I am in Cambridge, just to check I am in the right size, as I am quite lumpy bumpy from the surgery. I totally agree, I dont want to always wear Betty, its more comfortable without! Also, I was exactly like you before my 3rd treat. Its like a dread really. I spent most of actually having FEC 3 hovering between the sniffles and proper cying! And feeling totally pathetic! Dont know how I wil be with TAX 1, its Thursday week for me.

Hope everyoner had a good night and good luck to those going today.

Joan xxx

Parsnip

Love to you socks and hoping you're doing ok this morning and didn't have to stay in
Xx

jayjay40

Oh socks, poor, poor you! Really hope you get back home very soon. Thinking of you....just rest & take the time you need.

love Jay

jayjay40

Hi Lovely Ladies

Sorry for my absence. I have been reading all your lovely posts but just not been able to find the effort to write. I have my FEC3 on this coming Thurs which puts me at the half way point. Despite being terrified to have it, I am also extremely pleased to be at the half way point, does that make sense?

Caren-Hi there, I am ok just got myself in a real pickle about next chemo which is due this coming Thurs. Cannot cope with the thought of being made to feel so unwell again...... in fact it terrifies me but hey ho I have no choice. Good news is that it is fec3 & will make me at the half way point, hooray!! So jealous about your ipad, I would love one. You enjoy it. Hope ur ok at the mo? xx

Bettie-Welldone for joining me with a commando pic, I was beginning to feel lonely but perhaps between you & me, we can inspire the others,lol!! x

Peanut-How was your LGFG session? is it worth going?x

Dulcie-How are you doing now? I really hope things have settled down for you x

Socks-Come on you can do a piccy too!! xx

Patchit-Well done you for modifying your bra. I wonder if there is a shop that makes bras for mastectomy patients who don't want to wear a prosthesis. I would love a bra with a flat left side and full normal cup on the other side. I often don't want to bother with prosthesis as I would rather just be comfortable!!!

KQ-I agree 100%, since my diagnosis I have done nothing else but help family & friends deal with it. I guess for us, the patient, it is easier for us as we are stuck on this path that we have to see thru till the end. We are busy with hospital apps etc but those close to us are stuck in their normal routines but trying to cope with this horrible news.

Well that is me for tonight, hopefully as it is late I will sleep a bit better. I wish all those having their juice this week minimal se's! Hang in there life can only get better. It wont be long and you will all be feeling better.

Night all you amazing ladies, Jay xxxxxx

megsmum

Oh sox hope you,re ok, fingers, toes and everything crossed for a quick return home.

wintersocks

Waiting for ambulance. is 4 hr time slot. temp is 38.5.

`Really fed up

WS x

poppyD

Hi Patchit

I am feeling much better but still so tired, dont know wether I will get my fec on wed. I tend to get cannulated and bloods done together on day and then oncologist comes to see me and then prescribes Fec so wont know till then.

Hope all are managing se after latest session.

I am in awe of everyone going to work I miss it so much, it has been risk assessed and they wont hear of it till treatment finished.I miss it so much and have found transition to patient difficult.

hugs to you all

love pops x

Patchit

Rae, hope you got on at work ok today. I see there are a few who are working this week, hope it goes well and you get to focus on something other than bc!

Peanut, how have you got on today? Hope the LGFB session lifted your spirits a bit?

Wolsty, hope you sleep better tonight. Its awful when you cant sleep, makes everything worse! Have you got something nice lined up for when your OH is away?

Bettie, your picture is great! I love your positive attitude! I cant go commando at the moment as I am just too cold. I did when we had the nice weather a few weeks ago, and will again when it warms up a bit. Not too sure about going in to work though. I am really tempted, but I don’t know how my colleagues will be with it. I am going out with some friends on Friday and I am sorely tempted to not wear a scarf. We are going to a motown evening, so it will be quite warm and we will probably be dancing. So, the wig is out as I will be too hot and I am not great with the scarves. I will see how my confidence is on Friday!

Hi Poppy, how are you doing? X

Caren and Carolyn, are you going to Jasmin on Thursday? I have to phone and cancel again I am afraid! Need to take my son somewhere. Will post more on that front after the event!! Hope you are both feeling better, coming into week 3.

Peanut, nice picture to aim for, Holli Berry! Think I am going to strive for Judi Dench as I will be totally grey! She is lovely though, so it could be worse!

Parsnip, good to hear from you, you must be halfway through chemo now? Sorry, its hard to keep up with everyone! Hope you are better on the next lot than the AC.

Beryl, Oooh! Get you with your fast hospital appointment! Are you trying to make us all jealous!! I have onc on Monday and am hoping for a shorter wait than the 3.5 hours last time!!

Socks, hope you had a nice weekend? Your fire sounds so inviting, watch out you will have a houseful soon!

KQ, you have run into some emotional people today! Well done for coping with it all! I have a couple of friends who I just have not heard a word from, which I find a bit odd! One in particular is a close friend, and I know some people find it hard to know what to say, but it’s a bit extreme h=just not saying anything! I would far rather people mention it than pretend it isn’t happening!

CM, glad to hear you got on ok today. Hope tomorrow is equally as good! X

Dulcie, hope you are feeling more settled this evening. Do ring the helpline again if you are concerned. Its better they put your mind at rest than worrying about things. I think you are on day 8 tomorrow, so hopefully things will start settling down. Xxx What are you like with your ‘ulcer’ Dulcie?! Oh dear! Try not to panic lovely, everything will be ok, I am sending you a big gentle warm hug and hope your mind stops playing tricks on you. Try to rest and try to be calm. Play some soothing music maybe? Read something nice and lighthearted? xxxx

Hugs to all, hope those who have had treats sleep welland the SE's stay away.

Joan xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the very fast replys..xx no Beryls i hadnt just had a bath (a few hours later)..but its interesting to read when not to take temp..like when resting...
Also no it wasnt anything like an ulcer ..it was food..
Thank you about info on breast pain...
I will do a personal tomorrow...i have to write an essay first..then understand what i wrote...
Love
Dulcie xxx

Patchit

Hi Ladies
Its busier on here today than yesterday! I have also been to work today and have also done the wages! Like KQ, I hoped my brain was functioning! I also went to work today without my prosthesis! I have been mulling it over in my mind for some time. I struggled with the whole prosthesis thing, having been given the wrong size initially. It was very stressful finding a bra then getting the prosthesis changed. My new one is much better (I call her betty) but the bra's are quite industrial and come quite high up on your chest. So, I modified one of my pre-surgery bras. I always wore triumph ones, so I cut the lining out and sewed the cup so that it is flat on the surgery side. Put my work clothes on and off I went! Actually I totally forgot all about it! Its just like how I used to be, comfort -wise. Not sure that I will do it all the time, but I am happy to and even if people notice, they are hardly going to say something to me are they? When it is warmer I will also go commando and I sort of feel that I am sticking my fingers up to cancer and saying, well, here I am, this is me now and I am ok and getting on with it all, so you, BIG C can just bog off!!!!!!

I am going to post this now and do another one in word so that I can scroll back. I just wanted to put something positive first and share something which has been good for me today

Joan xxx

Parsnip

Well done on first day CM, glad it went well.
Dulcie, maybe the 'ulcer'was some mucus or something similar? Was there a hole left behind or any broken skin (gum tissue)? Temp shouldn't be taken after food or hot drinks or baths, and at rest. Some people also run naturally hotter than others so worth knowing what your normal is. I'm sure your helpline will give some good advice? As beryl says the breast pain is probably the chemo hitting the spot. The area where my tumour was and the scar area seems to constantly ache now, it's just the fast growing cells being affected (which is what we want) and healing areas have fast growing cells too so if you'd've already had surgery that area will be hit by chemo.
Gabby lamb, I am so impressed by you getting into work, well done, I just can't imagine doing that, so nice to be able to grab something of normal life back.
Ws and wolsty, I was offered picc from the start, they were concerned as they could only use one arm, so I think it differs from trust to trust (as everything seems to), I think if you'd like to go for one option you can always ask for it and see what they say.
KQ, I seem to always put on a brave face except to a select few people. It's partly for them but partly because I don't like seeing that look on people's faces, I hate being on the receiving end of pity, so I kinda do it for myself as well.
Jane, glad chemo 3 went well, fingers crossed the sickness stays away
Beryl, am super impressed by the bus service and quick hospital trip, beats hanging around which is all we seem to do wi this darn bc

Managed to get out to see friends today which has cheered me up, last couple of days before next round and although the tiredness is still overwhelming I feel better than I have done for quite a while. Have my lgfb session tomorrow afternoon as well so looking forward to that
Xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Dulcie - I know this may be a daft question but how long after your bath did you take your temp? Hope it wasn't too close to it because it will effect your body temp. You probably didn't but I feel that I've had to ask. The breat discomfort is also probably due to the chemo hitting the spot and shows that is working. They will keep an eye on you and if they are in any doubt they will want to check you over. One thing I don't do is watch the soap and can't remember when I last watched one! They are all the same to me and I can't get into them. Will be thinking about you and send a big hug.

CM - Glad you first day at your new job went well and now that is under your belt things will get better every day. Well done you!

Phones ringing so will have to go. Think my sister is on the phone.

Love to all.

Beryl XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Again...sorry just a quickie..advice pleaseee..i know you are probably all watching 'corrie' right now...
The 'ulcer' wasn't an ulcer at all..it moved..it slide down my gum..i wondered if it was alive....yikes! it looked like a grain of rice ..but i haven't eaten any?
The thing is my temp up to 37.5 she asked if i had ulcers..then asked me to ring back in 2 hours...scared as i feel ok? perhaps i over did it with the bath..the shock of seeing hot water..
She told me to take half a tranq..but i have had diarohhea pains on and off all day.
.But she also said the night someone told me to take paracetomol..she said my temp was logged at 36 point something and it wasnt..it was 37.3 otherwise i wouldnt have rung..i wouldnt bother them for nothing...
Got terrible breast pain like i read of someone else..wonder what that means...
So if i do disappear..you know where i am lol
I hope you are all nice and settled tonight warm hugs ..
Love
Dulcie xxxx

ChoccieMuffin

Job went very well today. So well that I might even do it again tomorrow!

On phone so won't do a long one but wanted to report my survival.

CM
x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all 🙂 beeen back at work today, its sooo good to feel well, im making the most of it! well done to you too KQ! its such a boost being 'normal' for a few hours. I also shampooed the last few strands of hair this morning! What is the point!!

My arm is still sore, but im now injecting myself daily with heparin to thin the blood and get rid of the clots, so hopefully the soreness will go soon. To answer your question WS and Wolsty, I was offered a PICC line when I went with my sore arm, before they knew there was clots inside, now I have to had I think its called a Hickman line? above the clots in my chest area. I certainly see this as a positive as my poor little veins were not coping at all well. I am concerned we havent heard from KT23 about her arm (or have I missed a post?)

Love to you parsnip and peanut, so sorry you are having a bad time, and Thank you for asking Marie about my arm! Dulcie huuny so nice to hear you had a good night, am with you on the bowels front!! I thank God when I get diarrea as I would prefer that to the other way!

Amylou you are the first I have heard who has said they wont bother with a wig. I have been so stressed about the wig thing, and now Im happy and comfortable with my scarves and little hats I doubt if I will bother either with a wig. Too expensive, probably itchy and hot and everyone who cares for me is happy enough to be seen with me in a scarf now.

hope kt23 comes on soon

love to everyone

Kittyqueen

Evening xxxxx

Marie67....Funny but I always have a jacket pot after chemo :))) Well done on your 3rd....leats you've got quiet cats...mine snore worse than the OH !!!!

Wintersocks....look forward to the piccy....braver than me....I will do it soon lololol...and in answer to your work question...I find it makes me feel normal and gives me somethng else to think about...did the salaries today lololol..................hope I wasn't away with the chemo fairies................
Beryls......Wow speedy bloods............we like that xxxx

Went to the bank at lunchtime and poor girl asked me if I wanted to swop my current account and I gently explained what was going on with me and she was mortified...I think I put her at ease though..least the wig must look ok :))))))))))))) Went out in the hat yesterday as thought a) wouldn't meet anyone and b) it was raining and no-one would notice but no......met friend not seen for a while and she burst into tears.........I felt dreadful and despetarely tried to overcompensate to make her feel better..do you all find that you try to make people feel ok about's what's happening to you?

Anyway...tea is calling............

Nighties

Love
KQ

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening Ladies.
Well 3rd chemo done. Had a snooze this afternoon, was joined by my 2 mogs, which was fine as they don't snore like hubby!!!!
Managed to eat a jacket pot for tea, stomach doing it's ususal somersaults, but don't feel sick so hopefully injection has worked. I was told I could have either pic or portacath if the could not get a vein, but so far they have always had success.
Parsnip- sorry to hear youv'e had a tough couple of weeks, hope new drugs will be easier on you.
Peanut- hope you enjoyed your afternoon. I maent to ask about having bp checked , but in the excitement of getting chemo I forgot.
Megsmum- hope you managed to get everything from caravan and how you get chemo Weds.
Beryl- my that was a quick visit for bloods, shame you have to make that journey 2 days running, hope all goes well tomorrow.
Wintersocks- look forward to seeing the new pic of you.
Dulcie- glad you are feeling better. It may be worth geting the ulcer checked just incase it may need antibiotics. Hope you have not had any unwanted visitors today.
Well need to go as chemo fog starting to descend.
Night All
Jane

wintersocks

Hi Wolsty,

Ok lets ask. Whoever gets there 1st. My appt is with Onc next Monday to see if the chemo working,

Then, 3rd chemo on the 4th May - after 3 very painful attempts! last time. Just wondering what the criteria is for portacath?picc?

I really don't like the sound of them! really am not squeamish, but that really gets me.

WS x

Wolsty

Hi WS

Going to ask my onc exactly the question about when/if portacath fitted. My arm is sore - I have had 3 chemos, 3 more to go and then herceptin for a year - not sure my poor veins will cope.

Well done on headshave - hope you are getting used to it.

Jane

wintersocks

Hello my ladies!

Just a few hi's to:

Beryl: - a short trip to the hospital! that's how i like em and the Magnum too, they are delicious (my favourite) although devilishly calorific.

Marie67: Fec 3 (halfway now!) do hope you feeling ok?

Rae/KQ: Working going ok? Do you feel tireder? Or do you find it is manageable and keeps you occupied?

Peanut; I do hope the day of awfulness and tears has subsided' sometimes it just happens , goes and returns. We are all coping with a really hard thing remember and often other stuff on top of the bc.

Bette: I do hope afternoon tea was very pleasant; what a treat! I love your kick-ass commando attitude!! gonna get some myself (I think!)

Dulcie; How goes you? I do hope your DIL is keeping a low profile.

Chocciemuffin - How was work??

For myself: I had the DLA/cancer advisor at my home and she thinks my employers have behaved a bit inappropriately and is writing to them. I do worry what's going to happen there...

My head is now SO bald , I ran on spec into a unknown hairdressers on Sat and told them to shave it off, it was beginning to annoy me ; like dog hair everywhere. My son (14) had a tear in his eye that he was trying to hide, but he is ok now. He keeps telling me how proud he is of me - what a sweetie. I will see if I can get him to upload a pic later...you will be shocked - promise!

The sore arm has subsided a little; but I wonder how they can possible use that arm again on the 4th? Does anyone know why/when they decide to use a picc or portacath? - or do they keep trying for a vein? even if it has proved difficult?

I feel really whacked today, 1st time this tired, but apart from that am ok. My breast has been hurting a bit and I like to imagine that is the chemo working (I will find out next week when I see the onc) as I am chemo 1st.

The fire is back on (roaring now) as is a chilly night and my little cat is snoozing nearby. If any one is feeling a bit ...pull up the chair.

WS xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Arfternoon Ladies

Well, back home safely after bood test and outing into King's Lynn.

Decided to catch the bus to Hospital, which stops right across the road from where we live. Got off the bus at approx 10.30 into MacMillan Unit for blood test and then, would you believe I caught the 10.47 bus from the hospital in to town. What service is that? Fantastic, all done and on my way in 27 mins. I had to walk from the bus stop, through the hospital, get tested, used the loo and back through the hospital to bus stop which is not bad going. When I got in to town did a little bid of shopping then went to a cafe (owned by the locals)and had a lovely cup of tea and a bacon roll, which was lovely. I try and give the locals my business rather than the places that have opened up that sells disigner coffee/teas at inflated prices - you'd be proud of me Mary! I know it's a matter of taste but I think there coffee is horrible and the tea isn't much better. That's enough about that. Feeling a little pooped but I did buy a bag (large) of Revels which were half price and I've also had a white choc' Magnum ice lolly since getting home. Last one in the freezer so John said it's got my name on it, I didn't argue!

Marie - Glad you managed to get your treatment done today and everything is OK. Also that they have given your extra injection for sickness. Don't worry too much about the TAX side of things. Tomorrow will be my third Tax and considering what you have been through with FEC it should be fine.

Dulcie - Nice to hear from you and you are doing OK. Not sure when you had your treatment, was it Wednesday. You are probably on day 4 or 5 and I would have thought if you were going to get sickness you would have already experienced it. No doubt you are feeling tired but that will soon pass and you will slowly get to feeling like your old self soon. Remember to keep drinking water or a suitable substitute because it does help getting it through the system and help your mouth. If mouth gets sore try sucking frozen ice pops. I certainly found them very good.

KQ - Well done going to work, I'm sure it helps getting through this and applying your mind to something else.

Amylou - Well done you because you have a target and thinking of looking like Holi Berry isn't a bad thing, she is such a pretty woman. Go for it girl..... Get Thursday out of the way and it sounds like you will be half way.

Carolyn - That's nice going out to lunch with your family and something to look forward to. By the time you read this you would have already been, so I hope you had a nice relaxing lunch and quality time etc. I'm like you and haven't been brave enough to go out without my hair/head being covered. My no.1 has grown a little but with the next session tomorrow I don't know how it will be after that.

Bettie - I know what it's like to cancel holiday plans because we had to cancel our trip to Australia to see our daughter. We should have been over there now but it is something we can plan again once we get through this but not going to do anything about it until next round of mams and checks. One step at a time because it is such a long way to go.

Mary - Let us know how you got on at your LGFB session?

Teabelly (Tracy) - Sorry to hear about your upset stomach. I'm not on FEC but having TAX and Cyloposphamide (spl?). If I feel a little heartburn or indigestion I suck a Rennie, but now allowed to take them when I'm taking Diclofenic (anti-inflamatory) for WBC injection s/e's. I only suck Polo mints when I need to during this time. I can't say that I'm suffering that much with it but it is generally after meals if I continue to sit down etc. If it is really bad for you then I would do what some of the others are sugesting and speak to GP or Chemo Helpline. Hope it gets sorted for you soon and take care.

Thinking of you all and hope you are having better days.

Best wishes

Beryl XX

Ps - Go to go and drink some more blasted water - glug glug!

Parsnip

Afternoon ladies,
Haven't been on here for a while, been a tough couple of weeks. Hope you are all doing well and the SEs are minimal and bearable
Finally saw my onc last week and will be seeing him again in a couple of weeks to check how the new drug is going, appointments are like buses aren't they. So I have the start of paclitaxel on Thursday, am so pleased to be leaving AC behind and that darn cystitis, unfortunately the asthma from the injections won't stop.
I can't quite keep up with the posts at e moment but am impressed by e sponsored walk, not sure I could do the distance at the moment. And Beattie, such a shame about new York, but it will feel so wonderful when you get there after this is all done.
Best wishes to everyone. Hopefully I'll be more up to getting on the forum more frequently and catching up with you all
Xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Ladies,
Well back from FEC 3, my bloods had to be repeated as neutrophils were 0.6 but they came up to 4.6 , so have now reached the halfway stage, it went through much slower this time about 1 1/2 hours arm feeling ok at present,was given an injection of Nozinan(spl?)for sickness, so will see what happens, am busy eating fruit and drinking water!!!! TAX will be the next cocktail have steriods in readiness to take the day before.
Teabelly- you can by antacid tabs from pharmacy, I got Omeprazole from GP as had really bad acid after FEC 1 ao I take 1 daily and haven't had any problems taing them, so may be worth phoning GP to see if they will prescribe something, and in the meantime get something fro local pharmacy.
Care N- yes my mouth /throat was sore and I originally thought I had a throat infection, although no temp and the nystatin worked well, unfortunately you cannot by it over the counter, so maybe worth a call to GP.
Bettie- sorry you are not jetting off to New York. Love the new pic, and hope you enjoy efternoon tea.
Beryl- hope you got on ok with bloods and managed to amble round Kins Lynn.
Carolyn- glad to hear that feel that you ae turning a corner hope you enjoy lunch, I to have popped out for lunch on my low week, just haven't gone to anywhere to crowded.
Amylou- I haven't heard about skin getting darker, I guess anything is possible!!!!
KQ and Raechie- hope all goes well at work.
Gabbylamb- hope youa nd your arm are doing ok.
Angelherts - hope the session on Fri went ok.
Hugs to everyone else.
Jane

Bettie

Kittyqueen

Thanks for saying that about my picture, you've made my day!

Bettie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all my lovelys xx
Your all so wonderful and caring..it makes me so sad that we have had to meet this way...i feel so much for all of you!
I still haven't done a personal...soz..
I feel a bit better today..i slept a bit..last night at long last..
I need a bath today..i haven't even managed a wash..just my face.to much information...i know..
I have got a great big yellow ulcer like a banana just by my front tooth...yuk..doesnt hurt yet..
Is it sodium bicarb mixed with salt and water? i was using baking soda and now i cant find it..but i was foaming at the mouth...lol
My OH's mum is still hanging on and she's all there ..but not in discomfort..and she asks about me bless...she used to love my dog cos he was tiny enough to fit on her delicate knees...
Is it today my SE's start...the sickness and stuff..i'm all chemo brained up..
Good luck to those having a session soon...and those losing their hair..me next...
I said to my brother on Saturday night..i never thought the day would come when a Saturday night was a good one if i managed to move me bowels....whey hey ..doesnt get any more exciting than that!
Love
Dulcie xxxx

Kittyqueen

Morning All,

I'm at work......:)))))) Feel better when I'm at work but very lucky as is our business and we work on site...takes my mind off things.

Amy-Lou...Not heard that bout skin going darker....I've got olive coloured skin anyway...eeeeeeeeeekk lololol think hair will be grey tho!

Carolyn 1709...I'm same about being seeing without hat/wig etc... swop my sleep cap for day cap in a second before I'm seen..really must get a grip and have last strands cut off...even shampooed them this morning sigh !!!!!

BerylS ... Hope all goes well with the bloods xxx

Peanut..MaryP I find day 4 after chemo makes me tired and weepy too and a bit insecure...so hugs to you xxxx

Beginning to think I might get an IPAD....thought I was trendy having a laptop lolololol...........

Ceej....hope you are ok hun not heard from you for a while???

CM..... All the best for your new job xxxxx

Bettie...Love the piccy you look fab xxxxx

Hugs to everyone going for treats this week, thinking of you all.

Back to work ........:)))))

Love
KQ

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Peanut,

Im not going to bother with a wig now. I try to stay as positive as possible. Although Im panicing slightly about it now I've got fec 3 on Thursday which means as long as everything goes to plan I've only got 9 more weeks to go, so don't really see the need. losing my hair has never really worried me it was more upsetting for my daughter but she's fine with it now.
Just keep thinking every cloud has a silver lining and by Christmas I'll look like holi berry in cat woman lol! Short sharp black hair cut, nice dark skin( the chemo nurse told me it will make my skin go a couple of shades darker) and a new pair of boobs ( next surgery is a double mastectomy and recon). Whether reality will be like a dream who knows but at least for now that's what Im hoping for lol x x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning ladies

Hoping se minimal, I think I. Turning a corner now, don't feel quite so exhausted and thanks to Omeprazone indigestion seems under control, although not sure I can say wubd issues are. I'm off for lunch with sister and sister in law today, shouldn't as day 11 so immune system low but hey ho my motto us keep doing what you want.

I'm with you about iPad Caren I love mine, but find I scroll through on phone then write posts using iPad.

Hoping you had a reasonably restful weekend Dulcie and that things are looking brighter for you.

Have a great LGFB session Peanut I'm so jealous I still havnt had a date for mine yet.

Hello Teabelly, sounds like indigestion, speak to doctor I got medication prescribed and take it twice a day, it was killing me before like you acid tummy and food felt trapped halfway down, and everything I ate repeated badly. Medicine really helps. I must admit I don't like taking medication but the se are worse and it won't be forever.

Shame about New York Bettie but it'll be something to look forward to.

Good luck to those working this week, and it goes without saying those of you having treats this week, my no 4 is next week another dread!

Hoping those of you who have made the plunge and shaved heads are brave enough to go outside commando, I'm not. I just had to empty my recycling which is just outside my front door and I though sod it I can't be bothered to cover my head, so I furtively rushed outside checking no one was around, I think I must have looked more suspicious by being so furtive than the fact I had no hair! One day I'll be braver and venture out commando. I think it's quite sweet your OH Bettie he's being really protective must admit my OH initially found it hard to deal with but now if I wear any hats etc indoors he says he prefers the commando look.

Love to all

Carolyn xxx

P

Guest user
Not applicable

Went back to bed but couldnt sleep so up again, feeling better, hate been tearful but they just flow sometimes.
Gemcat- I know what you mean about hair, I was fed up finding hair all over the place more distressing then having it shaved off.
Marie- well done on your walk and good luck today for your chemo.
amylou- sorry had to laugh when you said about dog getting your wig, poor you, are you not going to get another one?
Franoloi- As a nurse I am so embarressed that you have had to put up with such unprofessional behaviour from staff. I do hope you complain, unbelievable! I dont know what to say! Im so sorryxx
Jayjay- Please dont worry about responding to individual posts, keep coming on and post what you want as thats what its all about, support for each other.
Wolsty- Yes it is a shock seeing yourself with no hair, not sure am ready to go commando yet!
Bettie- what a shame about New York but you will get there when all this is over. Enjoy your afternoon tea. I know how you feel about being tired, i feel exhausted at the moment.
Beryl- doing ok Thanks,not as tearful this morning!! Looking forward to LGFB session today, hope your bloods ok thinking of you for tomorrow xx
To everyone else having treatments this week good luck and hope SEs are minimal.
Mary xxxx

Care_N

Good morning ladies,

Jane hope you manage to catch up on some sleep today, I've had more problems with sleep this time, but had a really good night last night, so nice to wake up and find its morning rather than the middle of the night. I hope you've got some treats in store while your husband is away?

Jane and Gemcat, is thrush painful? My tongue is still really sore (it's even putting me off eating which is a good thing!) but not got the other symptoms you mentioned, it's just really sore, particularly one spot at the side of my tongue.

Dulcie, hope everything is ok with you.

Jayjay, hope you are ok?

CM good luck today!

Twinky, hope you are feeling better?

Rae and Joan are you both back at work today? I am full of admiration for you ladies that work through this, or look after young children.

Sorry I'm posting from my new IPad (i did treat myself, and it is the best toy ever!) and can't work out how to scroll back. I know there were some other people I wanted to respond to but any brain cells I had prior to chemo have definitely disappeared and I have the memory of a goldfish!

Hope everyone has a good day, good luck to those of you having chemo today, and those suffering she's from chemo last week, hope you soon feel better.

Love and hugs to all
Caren xxx

poppyD

Good luck with the chemo for those going this week

Hugs to all you weepy ones it catches up on all of us at times

but hey we can do it even though its so tough

love to all pops x

Bettie

Hi, hope everyone is ok. The sun is shining here in Stourbridge which has made me feel better. I should have been on a plane to New York today for a week for hubby and mine 50th birthday but instead am going to hosp for bloods for Weds chemo! We are going for an afternoon tea though (a pressie from my sister at Christmas) so that will be nice.

Had head shaved Sat and have been out and about commando. Strangely enough the only person who was lukewarm about me going about bald was my husband which did upset me. He did say it was becuase he felt protective in case people stared but you know what I really dont care. People go about with far worse things and why shouldnt they. It is other peoples problems not ours! So that is my rant for this morning. Going back to bed as I am really tired.

Best wishes to all of you having chemo this week

Bettie xx

teabelly

Hi everyone
Hope you dont mind me popping in from april thread was after a bit of advise my stomach has been really bad after first FEC it doing somersaults and feels acidy im eating every hour as can only eat small amounts can anyone suggest anything ?
Hope you are all doing well
lots of love Tracy xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Ladies
Gemcat- I had exactly the same as you with my mouth, went to the GP who said it was oral thrush, SE of chemo, gave me some nystatin and it cleared it up .
Peanut -hope you are feeling a little better today, I am sure your LGFB session this afternoon will give you a boost.
Dulcie - how are you doing?
Will catch up on other posts later as now getting ready to go for next treat!!!
Love to all
Jane